About Zinc

Referencing & background checking tools to make better more informed decisions, every time.

Learn more about Zinc

Pros:

Cons:

I was confused because I got two requests since the person held two positions with us.

Zinc ratings

4.9
4.6
4.7
4.8

8.1/10

Zinc has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 16 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zinc before?

Head of Product Engineering (Web) in Canada

Easy to give references; helps kickstart the process and provides structure

Pros:

Keep in mind I've only used this to write a requested references for friends. A lot of the time when asked to provide a reference, it can be hard to construct from scratch. Zinc made this really simply by providing direct questions and easy to access keywords to describe an individual. Furthermore, it creates questions ahead of time to help you really focus on communicating what is necessary.

Cons:

Typing experience is a bit strange (buggy?) - I found when pressing backspace to remove a letter after a new word and a space that it would also remove the space as well leading to a bit of a confusing typing experience at times.

Abigail
HR Generalist in US

Zinc's Customer Service is Amazing!

Pros:

Zinc is very easy to use once you get the hang of how things work. I also love the fact that you can text the references instead of calling them. It is a real time saver! Also, the customer service I receive is impeccable! Customer service reaches out to me at least once a month to see how everything is going and responds when I have an issue in a timely manner.

Cons:

At first, using Zinc through greenhouse was not very intuitive, but once I figured how to use it, it is easy as can be!

Jason
Marina Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Review

Pros:

being able to conduct an interview over the computer rather than in person

Cons:

kept kicking me off/ saying there were errors, but it all went through in the end

Sarah
VP, People in US

Seamless Greenhouse integration, flawless support, innovative approach, fantastic flexibility.

Comments: We're using it to reference between first and second interview. I was worried about candidate pushback but haven't really received any.

Pros:

I like how well it integrates with our ATS. It's easily built in as a step in our Greenhouse processes, and integrates really well into our process. We started using this product when we added references between first and second interviews. The support has been outstanding, every minor issue receives prompt attention and we had total support during setup. We're a tech company and I like how slick the interface is; it allows responses via text and we get the responses more quickly that way. The system is also highly customize-able.

Cons:

I really don't have a ton of constructive feedback. It's working well for what we need and we can change as our needs evolve.

Justine
Talent Acquisition Lead in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Great way to do reference checks!

Pros:

I appreciate how easy Zinc was to use and that I was able to submit my reference on my own time. I much prefer this to doing a reference check via phone!

Cons:

Not anything glaring that I could think of! Perhaps there could be the ability to submit the review in the email that was sent (vs taking you to the Zinc website); I'm thinking something to similar to submitting a Google form.

Annamária
Head of Service in Hungary
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

Employee reference

Comments: It was the first time for me to use, and i was happy that it was quick and easy to manage.

Pros:

I used it to provide a reference for new employment. I liked I had to answer clearly formulated and structured questions plus there were also 'answer choices'.

Cons:

I really wished to have a summary on what I have submitted. A kind of 'send me a copy' option would be great.

Jun
VP of Engineering in Australia

Easy to use

Pros:

That's my first time using zinc to give reference. The interface is very refreshing and easy to understand. The questions are well designed, very direct and specific. I filled out the form within 5 minutes without any issues. Using Zinc is way more comfortable than getting a call from a person from the HR department that makes you feel like being interrogated. I would definitely recommend Zinc to my network.

Cons:

This experience is quite good and I didn't have any negative comments on the product. Maybe next time.

Julien
Co-Founder in Canada

Used for a professional reference

Comments: I was asked to provide a professional reference and received an email request to a written reference via Zinc.

Pros:

- It was easy to use - The whole process was seamless

Cons:

- It didn't say which company was asking for the reference in the email request or during the reference check so that was a bit confusing - References done automatically like this are very impersonal and there is value in talking to someone about a reference. The questions were very generic but I guess this is from the company who used the software and not the software itself

Tristan
Artistic Director in UK
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Great accessible software

Comments: Great for references! Wouldn't use another service.

Pros:

Easy to integrate, feels quick and easy for those filling out references, which can be a long and thankless task, clear, simple design and easy to integrate into the business.

Cons:

None, very strong in terms of design and functionality, would recommend.

Laura
Comtroller in US

Easy to Use

Comments: Quick, easy, simple. I could see if you had numerous reference to get how this would make it so much faster.

Pros:

As someone who had to reply to the request it was very easy to use. The questions were very straight forward which made it easy to respond. The link took me straight into the software.

Dániel
Co owner in Hungary
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Easy to use (as a user)

Pros:

Could easily write an opinion of a former employee when asked for.

Cons:

It didn't seem obvious at first how long the survey would last.

Dan
SDET in UK
Furniture, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to use, gets the job done!

Pros:

Customisable, easy to integrate with current tooling, great UX for our users.

Cons:

None so far, we've only been using it for 3 months.

Zinc Work Response

2 years ago

Thank you for providing us with a review Dan! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Khaled
Professor in Egypt
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Zinc for Doctors referencing

Comments: Excellent I wrote and sent the reference in 5 minutes

Pros:

Online reference All relevant areas covered Ease of use for refree

Cons:

I thought it was a hack because I didn't know about it before

Rouzbeh
Manager in US
Accounting Software, 10,000+ Employees

Convenience

Pros:

Convenience and flexibility to respond to questions

Cons:

People would like some suggestions or option for open ended questions

Jorge
Team Leader in UK
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Zinc Software Review

Comments: Used it for references

Pros:

Esay to use not much knowledge needed to use it

Cons:

Nothing that I think can be improved. Great tool

Software Engineer in Australia
Computer Software, Self Employed

Does what it says

Pros:

The software is easy to use and convenient.

Cons:

Detracts from human side of review process