• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About PayPal

From payments to credit to fraud protection, PayPal Commerce Platform helps you meet your customers where they are.

Learn more about PayPal

Showing 19,398 reviews

Matthew B.
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-17

"Works for the Caribbean"

Comments: This allows you to quickly integrate payment into your website and contains a number of helpful test cases to get you up and running quickly. In my personal life I also use this to send funds to friends and family in the absence of banking integrations.

Pros: It is one of the few methods in the Caribbean of getting payments from popular eCommerce sites. They have several options of cashing out that are flexible for us Caribbean people including cheques that are mailed to you.

Cons: The fees for transactions are a BIG factor in more businesses not adopting this and integrating it into our site. It takes quite a bit off the payment and when operating on slim margins it will be a deal breaker.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-17
Tiana T.
Human Resources Business Coordinator
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-19

"A buyers best friend"

Comments: We have never been burned. There have been a few “extra business days” during processing times but nothing that wasn’t communicated or easily explained. Most people have PayPal and their portal allows members to check out as a guest if they’re not.

Pros: The service support is great, especially when you are a buyer. They really do try their best to advocate for you.

Cons: Some people think that support is a joke. What I’ve realized is that most of that stems from poor communication on the end user part. You have to be clear AND concise. Telling your life story that leads up to the problem does not help.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-19
Alex B.
Branding Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-03-16

"Paypal is extremely beneficial for my business and my clients prefer the convenient payment system"

Comments: Overall I am highly satisfied with Paypal and the encrypted payment method that it provides my clients. I can send them invoices quickly and the email contains a link for them to pay the invoice immediately. They don't even need to have a Paypal account which is also a big plus since some of my clients don't directly have Paypal. They are able to pay for services as guests. Very convenient and very well built software.

Pros: As a small business it was always difficult for me to accept credit cards from clients who requested to pay their invoices via card. Before using paypal I actually occasionally had to request they send a check which not only wasn't ideal for my client but it wasn't ideal for my business since the check could take a week or longer to arrive and then another 3-7 days to clear.
Finally I decided to setup and utilize paypal and I haven't looked back since. Paypal is a trusted vendor that my clients don't have an issue putting in their credit card information. The funds are sent almost instantly and I am able to link my paypal account to my business account.
It even provides the preferred shipping address and comments for clients who purchase something that includes a product to be shipped.
I highly recommend Paypal and couldn't be happier with their service.

Cons: There is not a lot to dislike about Paypal. My only complaint would be that the fees paypal charges tend to be slightly higher than other services. But compared against setting up the ability to receive credit cards through a bank, or building out a secure payment method on the website in house it is much more efficient. So even that is relative.

• Reviewed on 2021-03-16
Chris B.
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-28

"Online Payments"

Comments: All in all PayPal favors the buyer because they have risk by not doing so. This means that as a seller you have to fight to win appeals. Its a bit frustrating when it can be completely a buyers fault but they still side with the buyer to avoid a charge back from the credit card companies. Other than unscrupulous buyers and the appeals process - the company is solid and reliable. It is used all over the world so you don't usually have a hard time finding a place that takes PayPal. PayPal is great as an extra layer of insurance on the products you buy. They have a pretty robust money back guarantee on fraud so you can count on them to back up your purchase. They have two costing models. One is for the higher volume business transactions and the other is for families sending money or charities etc.

Pros: Both the mobile app and the desktop application are very easy to use. The interface is user friendly and and intuitive. There are also personalized mini links you can give people to send their money to which is a handy feature that doesn't see the acclaim that it should. The apps themselves can store as much or as little data as you would like. The less data you keep on filed there though the more you have to enter in with each buy. Your information is easy to navigate through in some simple menu selections and a few clicks you can pretty much navigate everywhere on this site. On your mobile device you can set it up for express pay and you can keep your own personal profile up to date for payments for personal or business. All in all its very easy to use software.

Cons: The fee structure if you're not a trusted vendor can feel a bit trapping as there is a mandatory wait period before they will release your money to you. There is no way within the software to expedite the process and there is no easy way to contact PayPal in this manner. The other issue with the app is that once you enter in a debit card number or a credit card number the app won't let you remove it until they are clear that your account is clear.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-28
Dominique S.
Transcriptionist and Resume Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-23

"PayPal saves me as a Freelancer"

Comments: PayPal has been perfect for me as a self-employed freelancer. I am happy that I chose it over the other options. I love how I can track all my expenses, incoming payments (which is all work-related income), and keep track of deductibles when it comes time for tax season. Also, PayPal provides self-employees with their 1099 tax forms and emails you your annual report of your finances for taxes.

Pros: I am a self-employed freelancer, so PayPal is essentially my paycheck every time I get paid. I am so grateful for PayPal. My money gets transferred to my bank for free within 1-3 business days without hassle. I have a constant inventory of all my income and spending because of it. Tax time is a breeze and extra easy with PayPal. I truly appreciate it. Sending money is easy and allows you to create a cute card or message to go along with it. Also, you can easily send gift cards. I appreciate how PayPal saves all the names/image of the people you've sent or received money from in an easily seen location on the dashboard. That makes it easy to either resend money to the same person, or request money if need-be.

Cons: My one and only complaint about PayPal is that when I originally signed up, I was signing up as a personal profile. Eventually, my PayPal ended up becoming for business use only, BUT PayPal doesn't allow you to edit your username so I'm stuck with the same name. I can't get a new PayPal because it's connected to all my information with my business including my email, etc. So, this is really a huge, huge inconvenience and frankly, an embarrassment for me.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-23
Souhil S.
Entrepreneur
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-01

"The Perfect Payment Platform for Personal and Business use."

Comments: Paypal helps me to accept Credit and Debit card payments from my customers and it also, helped me to gain trust because it's safe and secure and I never had any problem with it.
It also, helped me to grow and perform better online and I don't need to worry about my payments not being transferred to my account because with Paypal I get it instantly in my account.
With Paypal I don't get just a Payment Platform I get more than that with Paypal I can really grow and get our Business to the next level.
The company is doing a great job, and I hope we will get a lot of cool and useful features in the future and I'm sure my great experience will continue with them for years.

Pros: It's very easy to use, and I really like the clean UI and I have everything I need in just one place.
One of the best Payment Platforms and I use it for my business for years now and I really never had any problem with them.
The support is great too and if I need anything I just email their support, and they will get back to me and call me in less than 24 hours and I really like their support.
I had an amazing experience with them for +7 years, and I still use Paypal to receive daily payments from my Customers and to send money to my family/friends and pay for services and goods.
I like the Express Checkout option for the websites, and I use it for Shopify and It's fast, secure, and easy to use to get credit card payments from my clients/customers.
I also, like their mobile app it's very easy to use and I can see my store transactions in one place.
It allows me to add my credit/debit cards and my bank account to the platform and I can use my credit/debit card to purchase products online or to send money from it.
They have a lot of accounting and financial stuff and they send me monthly and yearly reports to see how my store is performing.
I can add different currencies to my account, and I can convert between them in one click.
I like the mass payout option too because It allows me to send payments to my VA's at one time and I don't need to do it manually for each person.
They have integration with almost every e-commerce platform in the world Etsy, Shopify, eBay...etc.

Cons: They can allow us to use our PayPal balance to purchase online I don't know why we don't have this feature available for Paypal users in Algeria.
Paypal fees are a little high especially if you receive an international transaction from another Paypal user.
but, after all, we get a lot of useful tools and features and the support is great too.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-01
‪mohammed E.
esshaimi
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-06

"paypal review - esshaimi"

Pros: Paypal is distinguished in terms of sending and receiving money, as it contributes to facilitating many things first regarding the process of sending money quickly, safely and reliably because before it was difficult to send money from one place to another while you are in your place very quickly, but the Paypal site came and facilitated this task and from Among the advantages of Paypal also is the ease of browsing and using the site so that you can move between all its different sections easily and smoothly without any cramps, and also the Paypal site guarantees you a refund of your money in the event someone swindles you or steals your money and also what I like about the Paypal site is the multiplicity The languages ​​used in it, which contribute to facilitating the process of understanding and dealing with it without problems, in addition to that, the Paypal site is used in most websites, in addition to that, you can buy with your bank card using Paypal in order to ensure that you are not defrauded or your money stolen unlike the purchase By using the bank card directly, because in this case you will not be able to recover your money in the event that you are swindled or your money stolen

Cons: Among the negative aspects of the Paypal site is its relatively high commission for sending money, in addition to that, in many cases, various problems occur during the process of sending money from a Paypal account to another account or through withdrawal to a bank card without mentioning the reason for this. The problem is making it difficult to send money, and when you want to communicate with them in order to solve this problem, there are difficulties in terms of quick communication and quick response, and also among the negative things is that the funds are frozen for a certain period that varies for several reasons, whether it is from one Paypal account to another or in terms of a source of reception Money wasting a lot of time.
In addition to that, the account is sometimes frozen for a period of 180 days, or sometimes they require you to send some commercial documents or the national identity card in order to release the presence on your account

• Reviewed on 2020-09-06
Moaaz E.
Spread Shirt
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-22

"The perfect place to save and transfer your money"

Comments: In general, this platform helps me a lot in receiving my money from various sides, especially because I work in the field of designs and have money at the site and that Paypal is always my first choice so that I can take this money.
It makes it easier for me to pay the bills, transfer the money, and receive it from any bank near me. It is truly an ideal platform and I cannot give it up in my own transaction .
Positives
In my view, only the pros of the Paypal platform were divided into ten sections
1: Through Paypal, I can send and receive all my money from different countries of the planet with complete ease and credibility in paying the funds at rock bottom possible costs 2: Safety you'll not find a far better wallet than Paypal in saving your money and savings. you'll put tons of your money and zip are going to be taken from it. it's safe enough. On the PayPal platform, hackers are verified and every one transactions are monitored. If a rogue person is analogous to the platform, they're taken out and their account locked up. 3: Easy to use and fast money transfer, you'll not find it difficult to receive and transfer your money. don't be concerned about your bank mastercard information, their security policy is extremely strict, all you would like is simply send the person to the corporate and your email address, and therefore the money are going to be sent to you 4: Customer service has top quality and global and it's very easy to speak with them if you fall under any

Pros: problem, talk only to them, they're going to reply to you and that they will solve your problem needless to say
5: Commission is extremely cheap, unlike wallets and other electronic banks
6: Very easy if you employ it from the phone. Ideal for putting icons and straightforward to navigate the platform. I prefer using it by phone tons . the form and therefore the general interface of the platform are beautiful and attractive.
7: the power to pay bills to my customers and therefore the ability to shop for from various stores of the planet through the web , and once you open any website you discover within the payment options the Paypal platform that's everywhere within the world
8: you'll receive your money on a day to day and throughout the week, if you're employed during a fast electronic job and you get your money on an equivalent day, i counsel you with Paypal
9: Famous and with an excellent reputation among people and corporations , everyone knows Paypal, and this is often amazing in itself. you've got an excellent thanks to go if you would like to verify his friendship, and it's one among the foremost used platforms within the world on a day to day .
10: Continuous updating of the platform and adding features instantly increases your love in handling it and increases your confidence in it more. Okan Paypal tells you to not worry about your financial transactions, i will be able to manage it and you're comfortable with peace of mind

Cons: As for me, I had some difficulties linking my bank credit card to the platform but I went to technical support (customer service) and they helped me solve the problem

• Reviewed on 2020-07-22
Dental assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-14

"Best extra layer of security you can get"

Comments: I don’t even know where to begin when describing all of the positive aspects of this software and how much it has changed my view on e-commerce. Prior to establishing our business account through PayPal, my company was in a place where we didn’t feel enough protection against everything that can go wrong with using and accepting payments online. Opening up a free business account here was the best business decision I have made in my time here because it allowed us a chance to sell our extra inventory that doesn’t get sold in office through different online platforms, something that has proved its worth in recent events in the country. Now we are able to sell products and perform services for patients when we open our offices back up.

Pros: The most useful feature of the software I have realized is the ability to create invoices and shipping labels directly from the platform with the customer’s information already input into each order form. Next, if there is any chance that a problem arises between you and your customer, it is handled by their professional staff through their Resolution Center and users are given an added layer of protection as both a seller and a buyer. Last, but certainly not least, each business account created through PayPal has the option to create their own direct link with your chosen title, which will take their customers to a page where they are able to pay you directly, a feature that has proven to be helpful for in-person transactions that need to post immediately.

Cons: The transfer time that it takes for the money to exit your PayPal account and enter into your bank account is a bit excessive and I wish it were a bit shorter for the business accounts.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-14
Andrew B.
Resturant Server
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-29

"PayPal cuz ya gotta..."

Comments: PayPal is always going to be a mover-and-shaker in the internet finance sector and if you're just sending money to your friends and family or stacking a few bucks to pay for stuff online PayPal is a good option. For me doing business with PayPal has been easy but If you're a medium-to-large sized company maybe you should look for a business account elsewhere.

Pros: PayPal is one of those things ya almost gotta have. All these new digital credit cards coming out that mask your numbers is old newus as far as PayPal is concerned. They pioneered not only digital currency but gave us a format on how-to buy things online. These new marketplaces (letgos, offerups, Facebook marketplace) really owe PayPal a debt of gratitude of for making us comfortable to purchase online. In addition to the privacy PayPal offers they also make it easy for you to send and receive money especially to your friends and they don't charge you anything. You can get a free cash card which is cool and you can also use card to accept payment for your small business.

Cons: PayPal does require a lot of background if you were to open up an account and get a cash card. They do close people down for practically nothing and they will freeze assets for an undetermined amount of time if anything is questioned. Also there so in bed with eBay that if eBay doesn't like something about you or your account they can freeze assets as well. They have a pretty weak offers category where you can get some discounts but they're not all that great and neither is there discount on shipping. And why don't they have their own check cashing division being so big, why use Ingo?

• Reviewed on 2020-02-29
Kayla H.
Accountant/Scheduler
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-12

"Paypal Benefits Hillmann Home Repairs Business"

Comments: As stated above, overall our experience with PayPal has been a positive one. It is a quick and easy way to receive our money from whatever jobs we have completed in the week, and we are able to divide our money to spread to our employees who receive a percentage of the job they are working on as well.

Pros: My husband and I recently started our own business and felt as though we needed an easy way for our clients to be able to pay. It is easy for us to provide the business emails to customers and they are easily able to follow the link to send us the money that is required for our services. It is reliable and a bit better than a bank that provides us with ridiculous amounts of fees for transfers and overdraft charges. It also makes it easier for us to pay our employees, which as I stated we are a small family owned company, so far we have two employees including my husband who is the business owner. When we do a job that day, we are able to send our employees their percentage of the job quickly and efficiently.

Cons: The only thing that we were not happy about with paypal is the transfer fee of 1.27 every time you go to transfer money to someone elses account. It seems a bit ridiculous to us, because then in order to pay our employee the proper amount, we have to worry about sending an extra 1.27 to cover the fee that they charge.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-12
Jacie L.
Owner Sole proprietor
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-30

"A-Lada Life Left also has A-Lada Time and money thanks to PayPal!"

Comments: PayPal has helped me a lot sobmanage my finances and keep record of all transactions making it easy to duke taxes when the time comes, it is an incredibly simple financial tool that I have utilized numerous times as both a buyer and a seller.

Pros: The software is very simple and to the point t with tutorials to guide you every step of the way until you are ready to stop seeing them pop up once logging in, customer service is very friendly and most if not all issues I’ve had are resolved within 1 phone call.

Cons: The thing I am not too fond of is the customer service chat feature, most online chat services have an agent there ready for you it soon will, on PayPal you send a message and revived an automated message telling you that an agent should respond within the hour, I have very rarely had an actual active chat with a representative which in turn is very time consuming and draws the process out a very long while I usually will randomly log in at some point during my day and find responses to questions I had hours ago that I’ve already resolved on my own by that time, but as a mother of 4 ages in range from 1 to 11 and a one woman business operation based out of my home sometimes I just do not have a quiet enough environment for a business related phone conversation and a chat conversation is what is needed. My questions still get answered and they are very polite, I just wish there was an agent within 5 minutes or so ready to have a conversation rather than us basically doing the text equivalent of phone tag and leaving each other voicemails.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-30
Tamara S.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-05

"Easiest Payment Option"

Comments: After a photo session with a large family, the parents are often times a little overwhelmed with getting everything together. So I simple let them know that I have paypal. And pretty much every time they look relieved and glad they don't have to worry about another thing. It's a few clicks and the money is sent. It really is that easy. And I think it takes the burden off of my clients to try and remember everything they need for the day of the photoshoot. And I don't have to worry about getting paid. Paypal will send me a notification when someone pays me. Which is just another bonus.

Pros: I remember when Paypal started to show up on Ebay years ago. It helped do the basics of purchasing things more securely than just using a debit card. But It has grow so much more. I use paypal for everything. It's so easy to access. Their app I've never had issues with and its easy to navigate. I use it to pay rent, pay my phone bill, send money, and receive money. One of the things that I also enjoy that paypal offers is paypal credit. Depending on your credit score you are allowed to borrow a certain amount of money. First few months it was $700 for me and now its $1100. You get up to six months to pay it off. You do have to pay a small fee but if you pay it off by the 6 months there is no interest. Another thing that I just recently signed up for is the paypal cash. Paypal now offers what looks like a debit card (no numbers just a chip) and you can load it up with cash from your bank account and use it to pay for things online and in stores. I just ordered it (its free) and its in the mail on its way.

Cons: I do wish paypal credit would help improve your credit score. It doesn't impact your credit in anyway that I know of so you can't grow your credit score. Which to me is a huge loss since I use paypal everyday and pay it off right away. One other thing- though this honestly has nothing to do with paypal. I wish more companies used it! Its a secure way to check out yet it's only used by maybe half of the companies I buy from.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-05
Aubrey l d C.
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-11-08

"International payment system that stands as a gold standard"

Comments: We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

Pros: It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

Cons: As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

• Reviewed on 2019-11-08
Osamah A.
Student
Computer & Network Security, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-09

"Easy Money Transactions"

Comments: I have been using PayPal for over 5 years now and I think I can't abandon it anytime soon. PayPal made my life easier. Before PayPal, I had to go to my bank by car ( which consumes a lot of my time as the closest bank is a little bit too far away) to cash out my tuition fees and regular expenses. But now with PayPal, I don't have to do that anymore, my parents would simply transfer the money directly to my PayPal account and I can shop online without any effort at all! My advice, if you are not already a PayPal client, you should start using it. You will never regret it!

Pros: It's easy and simple to register in PayPal. All you need is an email address, a password and that is it! Once you register you can instantly start transferring or receiving money from your friends and relatives. You don't have to provide them with any kind of confidential information, all you need to give them is your email and they can instantly make a transaction to you! It's as simple as that! As a student studying outside of my country, My parents use PayPal to send me my tuition fees, money for food and living. All that happens through PayPal without making effort and without having to deliver it by hand. You can use PayPal to make purchases online. I use it to shop from popular markets like eBay and it works just fine! One thing I like a lot about PayPal is that it is very easy to use, even a 10 years old boy can use it for the first time without any troubles! it has a very simple (yet detailed) interface that no one will struggle to navigate through the different tabs. Also, I like how purchases are made within literally a few seconds, everything happens in a blink of an eye!

Cons: Honestly speaking, there is nothing to dislike about PayPal. Nothing! Although I might complain about PayPal not being supported as an available payment option in some big online shopping websites like Amazon or AliExpress. However, that has nothing to do with PayPal itself so I can't consider it a downside. Like I said everything in PayPal is just perfect!

• Reviewed on 2019-09-09
Kidhogwa T.
IT specialist
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-23

"Paypal can be annoying, tough it's still the best"

Comments: would still recommend PayPal to everyone because you really don’t have any other options out there better than PayPal.
I think PayPal knows this and that’s why they don’t care to make adjustments.
I read somewhere that if you plan to travel or are changing the device you usually login with to PayPal, you can write to PayPal and explain this but I'm not sure if this works though. Maybe they could still ask to verify whether its truly you that is making the request.

Pros: PayPal is the biggest online money transfer which makes it my best choice because I work with a number of people from almost every corner of the earth. I love Its invoicing software. It takes away the hassle of creating invoices. The mobile card reader is great too and I use it with my Mpesa to make payments when I'm in Kenya.
In this part of the World where other online payment systems are so inefficient, PayPal is such a life saver.
The shopping cart, the instant payment, the simple click and send, PayPal is simply awesome.
It would take me a whole day to write about the wonderful features of PayPal but it would equally take me the same time to write about cons.

Cons: I think its crazy to have your account limited or locked just because you have changed your IP address or you have changed your location. PayPal annoys me by thinking that people must use the same device to login to PayPal all their life if they are to continue smoothly running their account. If you travel to another country or log into your account with another PC, your account can be limited. I know someone whoose account was locked with $5000 in it. Its been 1years since this happened and PayPal has never resolved the problem. Yes they restore your account after verification but most of the time it takes them long to restore it yet its a hassle that can be avoided. What is worse is that I have seen many people complain about this for some time now and PayPal hasn’t done anything about it.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-23
Dorothy R.
Subprioress
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-15

""You've got cash!""

Comments: We have not had any problems so far, and I believe that our income has increased due to allowing people to register and pay online. We haven't made a detailed analysis of that yet, but it seems that way. PayPal is easy for us to use and easy for people who want to pay online to use too. Overall, it gets a high grade from us.

Pros: We chose PayPal because it has a history and a reputation. Although there are plenty of others out there, we felt most secure in a company with its reputation. It was a little tricky to set up because of financial security concerns, but we received the help we needed and it didn't take too long. PayPal has lots of options but we only use some basic ones: we use it on our website to allow people to pay for their retreat and program registrations. It interfaces nicely with Retreat Booking Guru which we began using at the same time. We have a choice between doing a daily "sweep" of our funds into our bank account, or doing it manually ourselves. To date we do it manually. I'm in charge of this, and at the same time I do a money transfer, I print out a PayPal report for our bookkeeper so that she knows what's happening. She of course sees our bank statements, but my reports help her make sense of them. Because we are a nonprofit, we get a lower rate than a commercial enterprise would. The monthly rate we pay in addition is a fair one, we think, and there is no charge for transferring funds to our bank. We like PayPal; it seems to work very well and it is a big help to us.

Cons: I'm not impressed with the reports generated by PayPal. I have a choice of downloading a report they generate, which doesn't have all the information I'd like, or simply printing what shows on the Activity page. When I do that, the column headings are shifted so they aren't over the right columns. But at least I get the info I want and in a font large enough to read. In the overall picture, this is something I can live with.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-15
Sébastien L.
Directeur
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-02

"Paypal Is a Robust Solution to Managing Your Money Online and Almost Everywhere"

Comments: My current PayPal account is active since 2008 and so I can confidently say that I know I have been able to rely on this service many times over the years. Their customer service kindly helped me once to set back my account to "Personal" after I had been playing with the settings and wanted to know more about their "Business" upgrade. Many times, PayPal has been my best bet in getting paid for remote freelancing gigs, knowing this is a reputable platform and having the ability to confirm the sender's identity. Because one can move money around and connect different accounts to PayPal, this flexibility has been useful a few times when buying online with insufficient funds in the PayPal account. Since it can withdraw automatically from your credit cards if you check that option, this provides a seamless integration with the rest of your digital life that's, again, secure and very useful.

Pros: PayPal opens the doors to securely managing money online quickly and easily. In many ways, this is a solution that's "set it and forget it" and it works great. For instance, adding a bank account or a credit card is a one-time process and once this is done, receiving and sending money is a breeze. One can even receive money without having first created an account. PayPal, being so omnipresent, is a wonderfully secure option to shop online on any well-known website and to receive money from family, friends or employers. Sharing a link to get paid a specific amount in any desired currency is a simple as using PayPal.Me, a nice additional feature available in the dashboard. This is a software that works equally well for personal and business use and one can upgrade their account without trouble. PayPal makes it easy to manage your money on their website by either using your available balance when buying online and also has options to transfer money from or to your bank accounts, which is a perfect bridge to the digital world. There even exists the possibility to fall back to paying with a credit card online when the PayPal balance is too low without needing to reveal the details of the credit card to the merchant.

Cons: I love this service, but I did have problems getting to validate mobile phones in foreign countries by not receiving SMS. For this reason, I had to skip the addition of my mobile phone to the account, meaning I cannot use it to recover access to my account if the need arises. I would also add that this is not an ideal service to be transferring money to your bank account on a regular basis as the fees do add up and for some reasons, this is sometimes flagged as a fraudulent behavior when the money is being transferred from one PayPal account to another before making the deposit to the bank account. In my experience, one gets much more benefits in limiting its use to online transactions.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-02
freelance designer / cartoonist
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-30

"Paypal makes it easy to receive payments"

Comments: Overall, PayPal has proven to be a great choice for business needs, as I've been able to carry it over wherever I go, whatever I do, whenever I need it. I use it to collect payment on digital and physical goods across several platforms and marketplaces, as well as to invoice clients, and pay my recurring bills.

Pros: I like that Paypal is widely accepted everywhere, and the service charge rates are competitive with other payment processors. As a small business owner this makes it easy for me to accept and receive payment not just on my own site, but across a variety of marketplaces like eBay and Itchio, but also invoice customers and pay vendors. Also, having Paypal as my payment processor means that I don't have to be personally responsible for storing customer payment information, which could prove a big liability otherwise were my site to be hacked. At checkout, I can simply redirect them to Paypal Checkout, and Paypal will handle the rest. I can then later check my Paypal Dashboard for the customer's information if I need to ship anything or contact them. Additionally, the Paypal Business debit card is nice, because of the 1% cashback program on purchases ran as credit. It may not mean much savings, but every dollar counts and this can add up quick! This combined with the fact that Paypal will automatically email me a receipt whenever I purchase anything has given a lot of incentive to use the card with almost every purchase I make.

Cons: The thing I like least about PayPal is the integrated Sales Tax. If you use PayPal to automatically determine sales tax, as opposed a 3rd party sales tax calculator at checkout, then you will have to manually enter tax jurisdictions in yourself. This can be incredibly time consuming if the area (county or state) you're collecting tax for encompasses a lot of different zipcodes, as there can be dozens for just 1 county alone. I wish PayPal had its own ready-made tax code database to draw from or allowed for a 3rd party tax plugin.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-30
Owner - Web Designer/Developer/Marketer
Insurance Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-30

"Paypal the good and the bad"

Comments: Overall, paypal is a good service, there are flaws of course but it does what it needs to. I've had clients have horrible experiences with them (held money and such), but I've got some clients that love them, I use them myself as well as they are convenient. My suggestion to most clients is to not allow a large amount of money to remain in the account at any given time, manually transfer to bank regularly or utilize the debit card to withdraw cash....but the service is reliable, easy to setup and use.

Pros: Paypal is very quick and easy to get set up and ready to accept payments, I think that's often the biggest draw to Paypal. Sending money to someone is easy and fast as well. There are multiple integration options to utilize Paypal to accept payments on your website, so you'll definitely find the right solution for you. The Paypal debit card is convenient as its much faster than transferring to your bank. Most of the time, the service works very well...but when you do have an issue, customer service is not great.

Cons: Unlike all other credit card processors, Paypal holds your money until you manually transfer it, this means if Paypal feels you have violated their terms of service, they can and will put a hold on your money. And the money held by them is not FDIC insured as it would be in a bank. Transferring money to your bank is slowwwww...but of course transfer from your bank is instantaneous. The fees are higher than a traditional merchant account/online processor scenario, but there's no setup fees and as stated above, it's very easy and quick to get setup and started right away. It's nearly impossible to find a phone number to customer service...and they aren't always very helpful.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-30
Beth D.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-31

"Well, there's good and there's not so good"

Pros: PayPayl's good features are that almost everybody uses it, it's fast, you get a credit card to access your money, there are a lot of apps and widgets to incorporate PayPal payments into your website if you're a retailer of any kind (I do use this in my art studio website). And it's one of Elon Musk's brain children, which generally is a great thing. I'm listing customer service as one of the cons, but I will say that the response time is fast, even if it's not what you want to hear. They don't bombard you with tons of emails. You have business and personal accounts to choose from and then can link your bank accounts to the card, so that if you're using it and it runs low, it will draw from your backup cards. Well, in theory - because I tried that the other day and it didn't work, which I'll mention in the cons as well. Yes, there are fees, but thankfully lower ones than for instance you'd see with a regular credit card. As a freelancer, it's a good method to use for transfer of payment for my services from different companies and individuals. Overall, I think it's OK, but there are some drawbacks I'll address below.

Cons: I mentioned customer service, yes, it is fast. But you don't always hear what you want to hear. For instance (and this may also be an eBay drawback) I purchased something from eBay that arrived completely unlike the description. Contacted the seller who agreed to take the item back and refund the money upon receipt. Even after I had tracking to show the item had been re-delivered to the seller, he did not refund my money. In contacting both eBay and PayPal I got the runaround and eventually no money was ever returned. Another time, GoDaddy charged my account for web services on a renewing bill that I was unaware was going to renew without my approval (because I had planned to move providers). I contacted PayPal and put in a request to review this transaction because it was not authorized by me, and they determined the charge was "just fine" and no funds were returned to me and I am now stuck with GoDaddy for another year. So that kind of makes my experience with PayPal a little bitter. Apparently anyone can just take money and they'll do nothing. I also mentioned that having a backup card matched to your PayPal card will pull money from the account if you use the PayPal card and don't have enough in your account to cover the costs. I had left my credit card in the back pocket of my jeans after putting gas in my car and was out and tried to use my PayPal card and it didn't go through, despite having linked my accounts to PayPal. So, another bitter experience. If you want to get your money any other way than through the card they provide, it takes time to transfer funds or get a check. Also you can only go back so far in time to review transactions on your card. I was recently trying to find an account history for 2014 and there does not appear to be a way to access that information. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe eBay and PayPal are severing their love connection at some point and PayPal may not be the golden child of payment methods anymore in the the not-too-distant future, which could potentially bump it from the top of the heap as the most frequently used payment service eventually.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-31
Marketing and Communications Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-12

"PayPal is wonderful and easy"

Comments: The reliability of Internet shopping can be discussed. Even if you have taken precautions while using your credit card, you may continue to be anxious and want to protect yourself individually. At this point, PayPal is the world-renowned payment system where users have no doubts about their security. Thanks to this system that connects your e-mail address and credit card, you can say hello to secure shopping. You can only spend online shopping with your e-mail address without using your credit card number. Approximately I use paypal for 3 years and it is amazing software for me.

Pros: You can pay in 24 different currencies using PayPal. Moreover, the seller does not need a PayPal account. You can enjoy secure shopping on thousands of websites. There is also the possibility of protection for products that you do not receive after shopping. You will also be protected by PayPal for any unannounced purchases using your card. If you want to sell online, you can get credit card payments from many parts of the world.

Cons: Account suspense is a bit of major concern. PayPal often uses Account suspense to protect against fraud and to investigate an account that they believe may be illegal. There is no indication of how long an account can be account suspense; sometimes it would be for some days, sometimes for months.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-12
President/CEO
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-18

"Quick & Easy to Use"

Comments: I have had no issues with PayPal and they continually add benefits for longtime, loyal users.

Pros: I love that I can send and receive money from all over the world. PayPal helps my business run so much smoother and hassle free as well as a comparable fee for the use of services! I have used PayPal for 10+ years and hope to continue using this for many more years to come. I am a creature of habit but with PayPal I'm able to easily learn any new updates that are added to improve user experience. I have used PayPal for 10+ years and hope to continue using this for many more years to come.

Cons: I have had no issues with PayPal and have used them for many years. I know many people including family and friends who are loyal, long term users and they have also had excellent experiences with PayPal.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-18
Christopher M.
Music Producer/Student
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-07

"PayPal and it’s use in different industries."

Comments: The benefit to PayPal is definitely accessibility. It is widely known and already included as a payment option on most if not all websites that involve any type of transfer or money. Business transactions are protected and they do a good job of communicating to all users. Again the load time can be a bit rough but only expected if you imagine the frequency the website is used.

Pros: It is widely accepted and known. Name value itself goes a long way. Integrated with other websites well and is pretty user friendly. The more recent offering of a PayPal card makes it a good banking alternative if needed. Most of not all charges are represented upfront and rarely differs from what you would expect. Seems to be a business standard for most websites so with that considered is still a pretty fair website in all.

Cons: Certain websites like EBay and other social networks use versions of PayPal with in their own and that can sometimes bog down the process and make it glitchy. Which is something you never want to deal with when dealing with money. Their tendency to go into your bank (although not without sufficient warning) can be a little rough especially when dealing with small amount of money/sales. I wish and insurance option was extended in general use as opposed to just with certain partners as myself and I’m sure countless other have fallen victim to scams through the app. However they clearly state their liability and request you use caution in all non business transactions as do most other money transfer/sharing service so end of the day it is the users fault. In regards to EBay in particular there are some rules that can hinder ones experience a bit like the 21 day hold, while it’s easy to find a way to validate a say and have the money process the exact method could be more clearly stated to the user. Otherwise it’s a pretty solid website to use.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-07
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-09

"PayPal is your PAL when it comes to PAY-day!"

Comments: All in all, my experience with PayPal has been overall complete joy mixed with overall torturous "hell on earth"!

Pros: For over a decade PayPal has run my Business and personal Financial life. I could have never and still could never survive without PayPal. The PayPal software is basically my one-stop Banking Institution for almost ALL my needs, all-encompassing. They offer EVERYTHING from credit cards to business loans and everything in between! Dan the CEO really knows what he's doing and PayPal has NO COMPETITION at all! Nothing compares to everything that comes along with choosing PayPal to deal with whatever financial services you need rendered!

Cons: Dan their CEO created the MOST out-of-control Artificial Intelligence Cyber Security System that runs PayPal (and most of planet earth, by default). This system has its own mind and makes its own decisions without human intervention. If this system decides to take a wrongful unjustified action against someone, the chances of having it "overridden" are about 5% at best....and this is ONLY when you are dealing with the top-tier (closest to corporate C-Suite managers) in Nebraska for assistance....and getting them on the phone is NOT something 99% of the human population has the capability of doing. I happen to have that capability, but even so, "their tools" in "Nebraska" can't help 95% of the time when their AI system has wrongly and unjustly made its own decision!

• Reviewed on 2019-06-09