15 years helping Canadian businesses

About PayPal

From payments to credit to fraud protection, PayPal Commerce Platform helps you meet your customers where they are.

Learn more about PayPal

Pros:

The ability to transfer funds and send payments is important. Good user interface and good easy usage.

Cons:

Asking clients to do this is embarrassing and it seriously impedes cash flow. It makes paypal a bad option for firms who only use it sporadically.

PayPal ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

PayPal has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 25,011 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PayPal before?

Filter reviews (25,011)

Avash
Avash
WordPress Web Developer and Pagespeed Optimization Specialist in Nepal

One of the Best Platforms for Online Payment

Comments: I love PayPal. Using it is as easy as browsing the internet. I can receive and request payment from clients all over the world in few minutes as it is accepted in almost all country. It's also easy to track incomes and financial activities. PayPal has made my professional life a lot easier.

Pros:

As a part-time freelancer, I have clients from many countries and I use PayPal most of the time to receive money. With PayPal, I can receive money, request money from clients and send invoices instantly to clients and all at a very low cost. I also feel that my information is secure on PayPal as they are a bit ahead in Information Security than other similar platforms. It is also easy to shop online using PayPal as it is accepted in almost all major platforms. Paypal has great and minimal User Interface, so it's very intuitive to use it. The feature I like most is that we can create a PayPal.me payment URL and also embed it in websites. I also like that we can create a pool and then pay in a team.

Cons:

Sometimes they lock your account for unknown reasons and it can be frustrating but those things are necessary to keep scammers and fraud out of PayPal so they aren't big deal. However, I have experienced bad errors a few time during checkout. I don't know why it happens but has happened multiple times to me.

Rosalinda
Medical in Philippines
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Fastest and most secure online payment

5.0 last month New

Comments: After using it for a few years, I haven't had any issues with online payments until now. Because it's quick and safe, it's a wonderful option for online payment.

Pros:

Transferring funds to other e-wallets is simple, fast and safe.

Cons:

Their processing fees are exorbitant when transferring payments, and their customer service is really poor; thus, they need to improve for their users.

sawan
sawan
Owner in India
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Too much transaction fees and lower conversion rates

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It was good until I came across Payoneer and Wise.

Pros:

I like the instant payment to my Paypal account without sharing an invoice. But this feature is available on all other providers such as Payoneer and Wise.

Cons:

Too much transaction fees and lower conversion rates. Almost 10% on each transaction is too much. I have now moved to Payoneer and Wise.

Aristote
CEO in Congo - Kinshasa
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

the best software for online payment and financial transactions

Comments: for my part, paypal is one of the best online payment software, and my experience with paypal is just incredible

Pros:

I like the ease and security with which PayPal processes my financial transactions online, but also its efficiency

Cons:

the only drawback with paypal is that most of its services are not accessible everywhere in the world, for example certain African countries cannot receive payments on their paypal account

Angelica
Professor in Brazil
Primary/Secondary Education, Self Employed

An excellent account, with incredible assistance

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Wonderful, very organized, easy to access!

Pros:

The service staff are attentive, very helpful professionals.

Cons:

I have no cons, nothing to complain about, the platform is also excellent!

Rida
Online Store in Sweden
Retail, Self Employed

Best Platform Online

5.0 last month New

Comments: I love that you only need email adress to pay and receive payments. To shop online, rather then exposing your credit card details. Its also great that you can integrate paypal to online business integrations.

Pros:

Easy to use, reliable. Fast shopping experience and sending funds to friends using only email adress.

Cons:

It takes 3-5 business days transfer money from paypal to the bank and from bank to paypal. Customer service dont reply emails. You must only call.

Shola
Shola
Internship in Nigeria
Financial Services Software, 10,000+ Employees

The best online payment

Comments: PayPal is good when you are dealing with international clients

Pros:

I usually use PayPal to receive money in Nigeria many years back until the receiving of money services was suspended. I trust PayPal because there is zero tolerance for compromise on their website

Cons:

They stopped the receiving of money to Nigerian recipients. This has affected my online transaction till date

Karina
Permanent Makeup in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

I love to using PayPal with my payments, sending money and online shopping. It’s very fast and simple

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Never was a problems with a payments, good customer support

Pros:

Fast and simple to use, was very easy to create an account

Cons:

I don't have any negative experiences with PayPal

Sabrina
Midia social in Brazil
Entertainment, Self Employed

PayPal Buy, pay and manage your transactions

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I made a PayPal account a long time ago, but now that I'm using it more, so far I'm enjoying the app, it's making my transitions easier

Pros:

be able to make a transfer in a simple way

Cons:

Paypal has high fees for the user of this digital wallet

Abderazak
The review in Morocco
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Man review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the easiest using and its the best way to get ur money

Cons:

I will use this app evry day bcz its very good i wish all the best and more

Kat
Owner in US
Photography, Self Employed

Good but has some problems

Comments: They wanted me to pay 10k or more for purchases that were authorized which is completely crazy to me but they are very helpful when needing to send money fast. More people use PayPal than other services so its nice for it to instantly transfer in most cases. I use cash app now and nit everyone uses it so I find myself having to go right back to PayPal.

Pros:

I really like the ease of use. It was very easy to add money, spend money, send money, link to a bank or credit/debit card, get your own PayPal account card, take out money, or get paid through paypal. It has tons of features and they are all easy to use. The tabs are labeled so you dont have to search to figure out where you need to be to send or recieve money. It is also nice that you are backed up from PayPal when paying for goods/services. Very nice platform overall. The app is also very easy to use.

Cons:

I dont like how they dont back you on friends/family purchases since sometimes I am paying a friend but want to be backed up without the fee. Just because I know them doesnt always mean I trust them to handle money for me. But the fee is small so I normally just use goods/services in that case.

SARA
Professional Musician in US
Music, 2–10 Employees

Every Artist Needs PayPal

Comments: PayPal is one of the most well-known services in the world. It has achieved this status for a very important reason - it connects our ability to do business on a global level. You can transfer any currency within seconds. Security is a paramount by protecting both the sender and reciever. The site is user friendly, feature friendly, and accessible to anyone.

Pros:

Paypal is my favorite payment portal. It is possible to link multiple payment types, like debit cards credit cards, and bank accounts. I am able to reach customers who want to purchase a product or purchase music from across the world and I am paid directly to my PayPal account balance. Once the funds are transferred I can transfer them directly into my bank account for no fee and the transfer typically takes a single business day. The user also has the option for immediate deposit via debit card for a small fee. So if you need the funds transferred quickly, PayPal has an option for you. I also use PayPal to send and receive payments from personal sales on Ebay and Reverb. The buyer is protected from fraud and holds funds until the item is received, ensuring that the buyer gets the item and is satisfied. This gives me peace of mind when transferring funds. PayPal is for everyone and you can also send money to family or friends. I have been using it for years and can't imagine not having the convenience of its service.

Cons:

Sometimes reaching PayPal directly can take a day or two for complete resolution. So far I have yet to encounter a problem that wasn't resolved within a day.

Sarah
Sarah
Marketing Coordinator in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great for both businesses and personal use!

Comments: PayPal is one of the best commerce software out there for both business and personal use. Their online website and mobile app are both very easy to use, when both paying and requesting payments. PayPal has been my go-to payment method for over 10 years, and I've never had any big issues with it. I've always receive payments to my bank accounts within a timely manner, and their customer service team is very helpful as well.

Pros:

PayPal is one of the commerce platforms I have used for the longest time. I've used it both for businesses and personal use, and it's never let me down. It's super easy to send money to individuals both on their website and mobile app, and I love that you can write specific notes within each payment. It links seamlessly to your bank accounts, and I always receive payouts quickly. When requesting payments, I love the "reminder" feature where you can politely nudge someone for a payment. It's also easy to pull historical statements for accounting purposes.

Cons:

It's annoying that there are transaction fees when you have a business account, though this is not something you can avoid with any e-commerce platform. They all charge fees, but PayPal is actually reasonably priced and competitive compared to other platforms like Stripe or Square, so it's not a huge negative aspect of the platform. My personal PayPal has also been hacked before through eBay back in 2015. There was an unknown foreign charge on there, which was a little concerning since PayPal is linked to my bank accounts. Luckily PayPal customer service was able to refund me the amount and help me set up two-step authentication for security purposes. I have not gotten hacked since!

Anna
Student in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Helping a College Student get by

Comments: Overall, the convenience and easy use for PayPal is what sold me on the app. I like how easy it is to do business transactions and how easy it is to transfer money between myself and others.

Pros:

PayPal is widely used for multiple reasons. I started using PayPal because it was easier to transfer money with my roommate when one of us would buy dinner or pay rent. I also shop online frequently and many stores have the option to pay using PayPal. I have my card linked to it so if I did not have my bank card with me it was convenient to pay by PayPal and they would take the money from my bank. Recently I also been using PayPal for business purposes and I like how the buyer and seller are protected. I have had issues where my order never came, or I was scammed and PayPal helped resolve the issue so I did not lose any money.

Cons:

There really is not any cons with this app. The process to complete a claim for a refund can take a little long, but others companies take about the same time. There is a fee to instant transfer but it is not that much depending on the amount you are transferring.

Maciej
Director in Poland
E-Learning, Self Employed

Leader in the market, but sometimes there will be hassle.

Comments: Thanks to PayPal I have a foolproof way to receive payments from abroad, but their rates are a little bit higher than in other payment gateways. That's why I use it as a backup payment system, because it's not integrated with instant transfers from banks (at least in Poland, I know that you can set it up for example in UK). Customers in Poland prefer to pay with instant bank transfers, that's one thing that PayPal lacks.

Pros:

PayPal is a universal, global payment system. I use it not only personally, to receive and send money, but mostly as a payment gateway. Payments go smoothly. It should satisfy all those who want to do business on-line. I like the option to generate quick buttons.

Cons:

Deployment (in self-written script) and automation of sales are a little bit harder. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie to programing, but I remembered that setting sandbox account and getting through documentation wasn't that easy. Plus, sometimes navigating through options in menu that I use less is pretty complicated and confusing. That's the only thing that makes me roll my eyes.

Md Mahbub
Md Mahbub
Digital Strategist in Bangladesh
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

When it comes to choosing the best payment system, Paypal is the most perfect solution!

Comments: PayPal is one of the most popular online payment systems around the world. It allows users to transfer funds electronically and also provides the ability to make payments without divulging financial information since it can process payments via credit card or bank account without any direct link between the consumer's bank account and the merchant's PayPal account. In addition, PayPal offers a buyer protection guarantee for unauthorized purchases made with a user's credit card on its network.

Pros:

As i work with digital marketing and serve globally so it's mandatory for me to find the best solution. Paypal did the job for me. I can take payments anytime securely, from any country of the world (although Paypal doesn't support in few countries yet). Besides i can buy digital goods easily with the help of paypal. Its supported to all the global platforms which is great. In the same country, transferring money has no fee! Gift card system is also useful sometimes. In a word, i'm in love with Paypal.

Cons:

Paypal usually gives the most priority to the senders. Sometime clients ask for dispute illegally, Paypal can't guarantee your money. I saw few buddies, their account has been limited by Paypal for the illegal dispute requests by their clients. Paypal should come up with the solution and serve properly to the both parties.

Paypal - Payment Solutions for Business

Comments: We use Paypal to process payments from a number of websites and increasingly we use Paypal for client invoicing and payments. This often leads to faster payments than traditional invoicing and BACS processing. If you take occasional credit card payments over the phone, a Paypal business account can be a better option than a typical merchant account from one of the mainstream banks. Paypal has proved very reliable over the years and on the odd occasion when we have had to use customer services the response has been timely and satisfactory.

Pros:

Paypal is now widely recognised as a payment solution - reputation and trust are important when asking customers for payment - especially online. Paypal's key selling point is that users with a Paypal account do not have to enter card details on a website which makes the payment process safer for all concerned. Paypal has a global presence and can accept payments in most countries that you are likely to be dealing with. As a market leader, Paypal has good integrations with 3rd party tools like shopping carts. If a payment processor is going to be supported by a third party, Paypal is likely near the top of the list. Customers can make online payments without having a Paypal account. The virtual terminal feature is also useful for processing payments over the phone or setting up a web page for ad hoc payments. The invoicing feature does a good job of tracking payments and reminders.

Cons:

There can be occasional issues with late chargebacks and the resolution process is very much weighted against the merchant. A Paypal business account works well for online sellers with a certain volume/value of transactions; if you have larger volumes/values, there are other payment processing solutions that may be more cost effective.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur in Mexico
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Paypal Is a Robust Solution to Managing Your Money Online and Almost Everywhere

Comments: My current PayPal account is active since 2008 and so I can confidently say that I know I have been able to rely on this service many times over the years. Their customer service kindly helped me once to set back my account to "Personal" after I had been playing with the settings and wanted to know more about their "Business" upgrade. Many times, PayPal has been my best bet in getting paid for remote freelancing gigs, knowing this is a reputable platform and having the ability to confirm the sender's identity. Because one can move money around and connect different accounts to PayPal, this flexibility has been useful a few times when buying online with insufficient funds in the PayPal account. Since it can withdraw automatically from your credit cards if you check that option, this provides a seamless integration with the rest of your digital life that's, again, secure and very useful.

Pros:

PayPal opens the doors to securely managing money online quickly and easily. In many ways, this is a solution that's "set it and forget it" and it works great. For instance, adding a bank account or a credit card is a one-time process and once this is done, receiving and sending money is a breeze. One can even receive money without having first created an account. PayPal, being so omnipresent, is a wonderfully secure option to shop online on any well-known website and to receive money from family, friends or employers. Sharing a link to get paid a specific amount in any desired currency is a simple as using PayPal.Me, a nice additional feature available in the dashboard. This is a software that works equally well for personal and business use and one can upgrade their account without trouble. PayPal makes it easy to manage your money on their website by either using your available balance when buying online and also has options to transfer money from or to your bank accounts, which is a perfect bridge to the digital world. There even exists the possibility to fall back to paying with a credit card online when the PayPal balance is too low without needing to reveal the details of the credit card to the merchant.

Cons:

I love this service, but I did have problems getting to validate mobile phones in foreign countries by not receiving SMS. For this reason, I had to skip the addition of my mobile phone to the account, meaning I cannot use it to recover access to my account if the need arises. I would also add that this is not an ideal service to be transferring money to your bank account on a regular basis as the fees do add up and for some reasons, this is sometimes flagged as a fraudulent behavior when the money is being transferred from one PayPal account to another before making the deposit to the bank account. In my experience, one gets much more benefits in limiting its use to online transactions.

Osamah
Student in Jordan
Computer & Network Security, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Easy Money Transactions

Comments: I have been using PayPal for over 5 years now and I think I can't abandon it anytime soon. PayPal made my life easier. Before PayPal, I had to go to my bank by car ( which consumes a lot of my time as the closest bank is a little bit too far away) to cash out my tuition fees and regular expenses. But now with PayPal, I don't have to do that anymore, my parents would simply transfer the money directly to my PayPal account and I can shop online without any effort at all! My advice, if you are not already a PayPal client, you should start using it. You will never regret it!

Pros:

It's easy and simple to register in PayPal. All you need is an email address, a password and that is it! Once you register you can instantly start transferring or receiving money from your friends and relatives. You don't have to provide them with any kind of confidential information, all you need to give them is your email and they can instantly make a transaction to you! It's as simple as that! As a student studying outside of my country, My parents use PayPal to send me my tuition fees, money for food and living. All that happens through PayPal without making effort and without having to deliver it by hand. You can use PayPal to make purchases online. I use it to shop from popular markets like eBay and it works just fine! One thing I like a lot about PayPal is that it is very easy to use, even a 10 years old boy can use it for the first time without any troubles! it has a very simple (yet detailed) interface that no one will struggle to navigate through the different tabs. Also, I like how purchases are made within literally a few seconds, everything happens in a blink of an eye!

Cons:

Honestly speaking, there is nothing to dislike about PayPal. Nothing! Although I might complain about PayPal not being supported as an available payment option in some big online shopping websites like Amazon or AliExpress. However, that has nothing to do with PayPal itself so I can't consider it a downside. Like I said everything in PayPal is just perfect!

Adam
Marketing in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

EASY ONLINE METHOD WHERE YOU CAN PAY FOR ANYTHING ONLINE WITHOUT ANY RISKS

Comments: Overall, as I’ve mentioned previously I do like Paypal a lot as it’s very secure and easy and very fast to make transactions to people or online businesses and it saves time not using your cards or putting in your card details. Apart from a negatives about freezing someone’s account I can’t really say anything else bad about PayPal. PayPal is the biggest online money company in the world it’s services and customer services are excellent so I’ve had nothing but good experiences as it’s quick, easy and accepted that’s all you want in a website to help with your money.

Pros:

What I love about PayPal is that it’s so easy to use! When you start up you create your account and add all your details and bank information and it’s very quick and secure and it’s nothing to worry about your bank details being disclosed or threats of scam on your cards and finding your information so secure it’s on here is key and excellent as that a a top priority for a money site like this. I know a lot of people that avoid PayPal or companies don’t use online payments as people with credit cards or so on can get unwanted party’s adding money into your account or people finding your details and taking money instead. If this happened credit card and bank companies would help get your money back or whatever scenario you have, put it could take a long time for that to happen so you’d be dealing with a long wait and uncertainty to what’s actually happening. With PayPal though you will not have any problems with people taking your information or any fraudulent activity and if there was PayPal would be on the case straight away and would sort the dilemma and sufficient as possible as it’s customer service is excellent and making sure your account and money is closed off from other people. Lastly you can create and send invoices through your account to family, friends or businesses and this is an excellent way to send money and very easy to use without any hassle at all.

Cons:

To be honest I’ve been using PayPal for quite sometime and I haven’t had. Major problem on it but there are only a few things which could improve the software, first of all chargebacks.... whenever you receive or send money PayPal will take a fee of your payment and if it’s on eBay for example it would take 5-10% of the transaction. Furthermore another situation is PayPal can freeze someone’s account and people report this to PayPal that there accounts have been frozen for no reason. The reason PayPal do this is because they check everyone’s transactions and if they feel like there is a particular transaction that looks like unusual behaviour like a very larger than usual sum being sent through there system they will freeze your account. When your account is froze it will stop you from making any transactions and you won’t be able to use your money or withdraw it either. In addition if you’re buying something online PayPal can freeze that money and it may refuse to list the ban until the item has been delivered which causes hassle and life difficult for retailers.

Anvita
Anvita
Tutor in US
Education Management, Self Employed

I Use PayPal Often

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal has been positive. It was only recently I had issues with the transactions not going through and my money being withdrawn then returned for each failed attempt but I never had issues before. I love how convenient and fast it is, and that I don't have to go get my wallet or type in card details. I also have used it when people had to pay me and I love that it comes to my account automatically and I can easily transfer it to my bank. Highly recommend taking a few moments to make a PayPal account for all these free conveniences!

Pros:

I love how convenient PayPal is to use when I leave my wallet in the car or somewhere far from me and I am too lazy to go get it (lol) because most online stores I shop from have PayPal as an option for payment method. It is worth taking a few minutes to create an account for the amount of convenience during checking out. You don't need to type in your card every time either! I also like that I can log in to my own PayPal account and view my transaction history to make sure everything looks normal and that there's customer service available when it does not. I love the convenience and that most stores utilize this fast checkout method! I also like that I have the option to transfer money to my back for a very very small fee immediately, or that I can wait a couple of days and it hits my bank account in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons:

What I like least about this software is that there has been a few times where I check out, and the page comes to an error so I try again. Once I had to try again 3 times and the payment never processed. Next day I checked my bank account and I had those 3 attempts are card payment holds pending! It wouldn't be a big deal except the total in my account deducted for each attempt! Fortunately the charges fall off and the money comes back automatically when the purchase is not verified complete, but it can take anywhere from 1 day to several days to get the money back and it's not fun when you're running low on cash!

Brandy
Business manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

No help

Comments: I don’t like or recommend PayPal I used to service and easiness to use the app has changed and it’s a pain for me everytime for almost everything. I am not the only one I have talked to with this complaint.

Pros:

What I liked at first was the security and ability to link PayPal to your bank and other cards and financial institutions. It seems a lot of people and business use PayPal for financial services and individuals with small business it’s easy for them to receive payments invoices and pay suppliers

Cons:

What I like least is the ability to solve problems and the customer service is hard to reach and not much help when you do. I can give a few examples one most recent and still dealing with an older lady friend of mine not real great with modern technology sold an item on Facebook, the buyer paid through PayPal. My friend sent the item with tracking and payment was received. Well first it too a long time for PayPal to release funds even though both parties were satisfied and stated that. My friend contacted customer support through messages (the only way currently) to find out why her payment was pending for so long. Understandably she had a new account and they wanted to verify all of her information which I was helping her with as far as ID and adding a card to her PayPal. Finally about 30 days later after the verification was up PayPal decided to refund the customers money and sent the $50 back to the purchaser without being asked to do so. When we reached out to PayPal she told that it was a user-friendly interface and that they don’t get involved in customer transactions that she needed to contact purchaser. We attempted but didn’t get response. PayPal in my opinion need to reimburse her 50$. They told her it was because she hadn’t accepted the payment to her bank in over 30 days. This is crap because for the first 30 days it was pending. PayPal has no right to do this and saying they don’t get involved is obviously a lie. That is just the most recent problem I have had.

Rodrigue
Rodrigue
Freelancer & Entrepreneur in Russia
Computer Software, Self Employed

Paypal Review

Comments: In general my overall experience with PayPal has always been a positive one and its an app that i highly and usually recommend to friend , family and also to my customers in the course of my work as freelancer.

Pros:

The opening of a Paypal account is not only free but also very simple and fast A well-known and reliable payment gateway Ultra fast payment (5 seconds) Instant account-to-account money transfer PayPal commission negotiation possible PayPal presence in more than 200 countries Money available immediately Another big plus is that the money is available right away. Unlike payment processors like Stripe and the like, which block you funds for at least a week; PayPal you have the money directly available, you can directly spend them, pay them into your account within one minute of receiving the funds Once your account is open, you no longer have to re-register your bank details and can make your purchases from your sofas The confidentiality of your banking data minimizes the risk of fraud during remote shopping. If you do not receive your order paid with Paypal, you can, under certain conditions, be refunded Your payments in euros in the European Economic Area * are commission-free. There is a customer service that you can contact by email or phone. Another big plus of PayPal is that everyone knows. in the end it's quite simple: if you offer PayPal on your order page or on your e-commerce store, people immediately know what it is, often they already have an account PayPal. And so, it easily allows them to be able to pay you if they don't have their credit card available. Finally as an advantage, is that as a customer - and I admit, it is very convenient and I use very regular..

Cons:

Things i really don't like on Paypal is the high commission rate.Paypal has adopted a premium positioning on commissions since its inception, which can represent a real obstacle for e-merchants wishing to optimize their margins. The customer service Another downside to PayPal is customer service. Have you ever had fun calling them? There you have the little music that tells you: “your call is on hold, please wait” for 5-10-15 minutes. And then you wait 10-15 minutes, I've been waiting 25 minutes already, I still have no one on the phone. " So the customer service which is really very bad, big areas for improvement for PayPal. Plus, as soon as you have problems, it is still quite painful to have the right person concerned in the right department, to specifically have the need for the person who will help with the specific problem. If your password is stolen, anyone can make purchases without your knowledge. It is therefore essential to choose a complicated and non-intuitive password. A lot of adminitrative and paperwork So another problem with PayPal is usually the paperwork: there are a lot of verification requests. Geographical limitation Paypal now bans its use in some countries around the world, including Africa and the Middle East.

diane
president and ceo in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Misrepresentation and misinformation and inconvenience

Comments: The experience was horrible. I was on hold for a total of 2.5 hours with no solution. The conversation was redundant and there was no level of sensitivity to the damage that is being done to me with absolutely no options. I just wasn't a human and felt like all they wanted to do was tell me what was in the terms and conditions. I called 20 people and asked if they were aware of this 21 day delay and all but one said no. The one who knew said they Paypal released their 21 day hold in one day when they called.

Pros:

It was not too difficult to set up other than the validating of the bank account

Cons:

The 21 day delay for a customer who has been a member since 2008 is totally ridiculous. I am running in a special election and by the time the funds post my election will almost be over. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in customer service told me it would be 7 days and now it is 21 days which defeats the purpose. Had I had known this I would have selected another way for donors to contribute. These funds are not tax deductible campaign contributions and are needed to run and finance my campaign. I use PayPal for all my ebay and amazon and other retail purchases. Just baffled that there seems to be no solution to release these funds especially since I was told in this circumstance they would release the funds. Second, the customer service agents were like robots who did not understand my situation and were repetitive and redundant and it was as if I was a number. I am so disappointed and frustrated. Even the donors are frustrated and are saying they have not requested that Paypal withhold these funds and they are not understanding this decision by Paypal. The monies raise to manage the campaign will be of little avail when they release this hold. We are not a charity like a 501c3 but a campaign committee

Mark
Writer in UK
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Synonymous with online transactions

Comments: As a freelance seller PayPal is invaluable when transferring funds online. The security of PayPal gives me great confidence to almost use it as a second "bank account" or emergency fund holder. In general, PayPal gives great versatility when transferring money online and offered this secure service for a small fee compared to some competitors.

Pros:

With the name PayPal known across the internet it's easy to see why. PayPal already is essentially integrated into every major online retailer with the likes of eBay having accepted PayPal as a valid transaction medium for the better part of 2 decades. PayPal is simple to use and has a great UI and easy navigation. The ability to securely transfer funds from bank account to PayPal allows for greater security when making online purchases, reducing the risk of your bank account being compromised, instead allowing for PayPal to be the safe medium for payments. The security of PayPal has long been proven to be excellent, with effective use of 2FA in order to prevent fraud and to ensure all logins and access to your PayPal funds are monitored closely.

Cons:

Whilst PayPal is undoubtedly a quintessential part of online money transfers, some negatives do still exist. For small businesses or businesses regularly transferring fund to their main bank account, using PayPal will incur additional charges. A small transaction fee of 5% is occurred each time money is privately transferred and this will add up with larger sums of money. Use of foreign currencies and the transfer rate between them will see an added 3% charge above the base transfer rate- for this reason other alternatives are superior to PayPal when dealing with international exchanges.