15 years helping Canadian businesses

About EngageBay CRM

EngageBay is a simple, affordable all-in-one marketing, sales and service CRM software to acquire, engage, nurture, close leads.

Learn more about EngageBay CRM

Pros:

I love using a multiform that can manage all of my data and daily functions in the one place without having to sync and integrate multiple platforms using third party service providers.

Cons:

NO SMS Function However I have been told this is coming soon.

EngageBay CRM ratings

4.5
4.8
4.6
4.7

8.8/10

EngageBay CRM has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 694 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used EngageBay CRM before?

mohammed
mohammed
Recruiter in Canada
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

Like the Simplicity of the CRM

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I can easily manage my contacts using this tool. It helps me tag them and create different lists so that I can easy email them. I have been using Excel where this process was cumbersome.

Cons:

I like almost all the features of EngageBay but it lack some features while creating templates. It doesn't copy the formatting when we paste the content.

Amir
Owner in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Fast ROI with EngageBay

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The overall experience has been very satisfactory. The initial demo and onboarding was highly informative and showed how EngageBay would serve our purpose for a very reasonable cost. The several times I have needed tech support I was able to jump on a chat, explain what I needed help with, and quickly get a resolution to the issue.

Pros:

EngageBay is an extremely easy platform to implement. While there have been a few times we have had their support team help us, for the most part it is highly intuitive. One of the key features we needed was the ability to create email sequences. Having used other CRM platforms, I was pleased with the bulk upload feature. With other platforms, I found I was able to only upload 50 at a time which was time consuming. With EngageBay I was able to upload 500 contacts all at once. With other platforms I have been limited to sending 500 emails per day. After using the email verifier that EngageBay provides for a very nominal cost, we are able to send up to 1000 emails per day.

Cons:

Setting up the email sequences was a bit tricky in places. The first time I went to upload contacts to the email sequence the contacts did not load properly. When I checked to see results the next day, I found that only a few dozen emails had been sent. After contacting tech support, I was able to avoid having this happen again and was able to get all contacts uploaded.

Leah
Founder, Managing Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Jumped the gun on purchasing

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The supposed all-in-one capability (although there are hidden fees, and it’s not compatible with critical widely used software), the capability for social media management, a bot builder, and the email marketing system.

Cons:

You have to pay separately for website tracking, which wasn’t disclosed when I spent more than $2k purchasing the software. This is a major issue for my business and budget for the upfront expense, which is supposed to be an affordable alternative to HubSpot. The clunky user interface also leaves much to be desired. I have buyer’s remorse. There is also no integration with Outlook unless you use the web version, which is a big deal considering how prevalent Outlook is used in business.

Warren
Biotechnology, 2–10 Employees

Good option for someone needing a cost effective all in one CRM

Comments: The onboarding and ongoing customer support is fantastic. They are available almost instantly and often will jump on a video call immediately to help.

Pros:

The cost vs features is almost unmatched. No bells and whistles but a good, solid platform.

Cons:

You get what you pay for, it does what is needed, but does have limitations.

2 months ago

Hi Warren, Thanks for your review. I see that you rates us 3/10 on the "Likelihhod to recommend" parameter. Can you please let us know the reason for the low rating on that aspect. Your feedback will immensely help us.

Melissa
Marketing Liaison in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

EngageBay makes managing a CRM Easy

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Great group to work with. Very nice people who are fully engaged in the improvement of their product. They have built an outstanding competitive CRM and so far I have enjoyed using EngageBay and interacting with the staff.

Pros:

Ease of use. Support always available to assist with questions, etc.

Cons:

I'd like to see more email templates that are normally available on other CRMS. Creating email templates from scratch can be time consuming.

Anthony
Director in Australia

A great option

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is easy to use and work out with fantastic support offered along the way. Much cheaper than most of the alternatives and suits those starting out to the more advanced users

Cons:

There is a limitation on the landing page content in that you can force people to sign up before they look at the page contents.

Beni
CDO in Cameroon
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Using EngageBay for automation of my inquiry forms

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: A great ease of time
Better way to manage my leads

Pros:

A greater ease of integration of EngageBay in any HTML / PHP page or wordpress . Excellent to capture new leads via the inquiry or contact form, it's automatically sends new leads in it's pipeline where leads can be managed

Cons:

Database might not works with other web apps or AwS systems like Lamda which we use a lot in our projects

Juliet
Snr VP Trade Sales in US
Publishing, 11–50 Employees

Great System for Small to Midsize Companies

5.0 last month New

Comments: They have gone out of their way to ensure my ability to get into their system and start using it. It is easy to use.

Pros:

It is intuitive. I have been able to use it easily. The customer service is great. Always quick to solve my problem. They have literally programmed functionality into their system to help me.

Cons:

It does not have automatic saving on emails, and I lost about two hours of work when my computer unexpectedly rebooted. Now that I know this, I will manually save often while working on longer projects. There is a learning curve, but I am getting the hang of it!

Markus
Mail Orders Manager in US
Publishing, 11–50 Employees

Email Validation

5.0 last month New

Comments: Pleasant, easy to use, simple and user friendly.

Pros:

I like that you have someone there who is willing to answer your questions and work with you. When you are new to a CRM system, these questions are not always the smartest question, so I appreciate a patient answer that enables you to also learn how to perform a new function.

Cons:

Can't think of anything to say right now.

Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

CRM Greatfir sales

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Easy to use and find contact information

Cons:

Cost is higher than competition and no free version

Cameron
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Feature-rich without breaking the bank

Comments: We love EngageBay and highly recommend it to our clients who want/need a full featured platform that will work across multiple departments, automate regular tasks, and that don't want to pay the high-price and add-on that you have to with many other tools. EngageBay's support team is AMAZING!! Anytime I have a question about something, they are quick to respond, very helpful and knowlegable, just a breath of fresh air to know that I can get a hold of someone when we have issues (which isn't that often, but when we do they are there!).

Pros:

It is amazing to me how feature-rich the platform is at the cost. More features and functionality than some of the 'big guys' for a fraction of the cost. It is easy to use and train clients on the system, so that is ALWAYS a huge plus for us.

Cons:

Learning curve at first just to understand how it works differently from other systems, but that is not necessarily a con of EngageBay because that is the same for every new platform as each has their own little intricacies.

4 years ago

Thanks for the great review Cameron. Your words are super encouraging. We will continue to build great features to help small businesses grow their businesses without breaking the bank on expensive bloated software.

Rudi
CEO in Poland
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Very Very Good All in CRM and Marketing platform and Super Service!

Comments: Until now, I have nothing to complain. It is really great to work with the software and the support desk. Hints on new functionality are taken seriously and you will get feedback if it is integrated or not.

Pros:

The software is fantastic, but even better is the customer service. When integrating CRM, it makes a company very dependent on a platform as it is not easy to migrate to another and it will take weeks to adjust all settings to what you like. But I can say, if this is the direction Engagebay is going (as far as I see now) then I will be on board for many years to come!

Cons:

You have to buy email credits, which I understand in some way, they have also costs to send mails. You have to warm up you mail account. But what Engagebay did very well is integrate mail services from for example Amazon and others. It is some work to set it up, youtube is your friend.

Daniel
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Happy Engage Bay User

Comments: Overall it's been great. Just a little bit of a hard start, but as I said, support had been excellent.

Pros:

- Tons of features and functionality- Love the all-in-one nature of the program (CRM, Email Mktg, Calendar Scheduling, Live Chat, and more)- Excellent customer service. Very responsive whenever we need help. That's a huge benefit!- Very up-to-date interface- Continual improvement of product- Willingness to fix things and take feature suggestions seriously

Cons:

There is a learning curve and some of the features were hard for us to figure out at first. We have to make use of their support team more than we would have liked due to difficulty figuring things out and/or inability to find the appropriate support documentation. However, I believe that has improved.

Marcello
CEO in Brazil

A Magic wand

Comments: I am very satisfied with EngageBay, I see my company as advanced user of EB, when we got stuck with something, they are always ready to listen and enhance the tool to achieve the desided feature and make the tool even better!

Pros:

Easy of use, easy of implement, easy of integrate!

Cons:

Webinar features, landing pages does not support reusable headers and footers, no option to build own templates. Missing Social Software Analytics

3 years ago

Thanks for the review Marcello. Our landing pages can now support reusable headers and footers. We have developed this feature and it is currently in QA and should go live in a couple of days. We already have the feature to build new landing templates from scratch. You can also code your own ones too. Please check it out and we would glad to help if needed.

Gerald
Owner in Italy

Value, Efficiency and Productivity

Comments: The lead capture and email marketing was sole reason we joined engagebay and couldn’t be happier. Wasn’t expecting all the other features to be part of this software, almost overwhelming but reassuring to know we can start putting most of our work, efficiently into one place

Pros:

Right now we're using it for contact management and e-mail marketing primarily. We had a CRM in Zoho and will be migrating most likely soon. Pros: Extensive features at an incredible value and easy to use. Customer support response is amazing and communication is stellar. Feel like I havent even cracked the surface of what engagebay can do!

Cons:

Time. As great as engagebay is, it’s hard to manage the migration project to CRM. It’s almost as if there’s too much available and migrating doesn’t feel intuitive.

Nick
CEO in Barbados
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

great value for money software

Comments: Its good

Pros:

It is a comprehensive system that is easy to use, and if the get a problem the help guys are really good

Cons:

I just would like to have the ability to change the user view so that I can have one time quick view and I would love to link Skype

Aman Preet
Aman Preet
Developer in India
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Pros and cons of EngageBay

Comments: Overall experience was quite good with EngageBay as it helped us with the tool that we needed for the priority basis other than average customer support everything was worth to chose EngageBay

Pros:

There were 2 main features because of what we chose EngageBay over other CRMs i.e email marketing (bulk email management tool) and ticketing system (mainly for IT infrastructure issues).EngageBay was quite handy and smooth to operate in both of these features that fulfilled our current requirements.

Cons:

The only con that we as a team experienced was the customer support was not that reliable as at times we were getting late responses from customer support team and taking more time as expected to resolve the issue.

Bernadette
Marketing Manager in US
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Customer Service, Mostly Easy to Use

Pros:

It offers lots of features that a small but growing business can access. The support team are incredibly helpful (and quick to respond) if you ever have trouble figuring something out. There are also plenty of free resources such as articles and videos.

Cons:

Yes, there are some features such as the ability to view what list(s) a contact belongs to from their profile in the marketing hub, and the ability to forward tickets to other emails in the service hub. Some tasks require work-arounds to accomplish. The support team gladly take suggestions for improvements though, and the program is always improving.

Anthony
Content Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Engagebay has been a great solution for us

Comments: Engagebay has been great, especially the customer support.

Pros:

Engagebay is far less expensive than Hubspot, but with most (if not all) the important features. This was very important for us as a small business. We use so many of the CRM functions, from creating marketing funnels, to email automations, tagging, tracking, appointment setting with our sales team, and many others.

Cons:

There are parts that are slightly clunky (like email sequences), but nothing too bad.

Azizah
Azizah
Office Management in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Complete package for marketing tool

Pros:

We received a complete software package consisting of at least forty diverse modules, which would have cost thousands of bucks. Due to this software, we have ended a profusion of subscriptions. We contacted support with a simple message and got a response nearly immediately.

Cons:

It costs a lot of money to buy more email space. Suppose there was a way to lower the cost of sending emails. Arranging a batch job to perform a sequence or automation at a predetermined time and day

Malintha
Malintha
Operation Manager in Sri Lanka

Best CRM for Company can afford

Pros:

All-in-one platform: EngageBay CRM combines CRM, marketing automation, and customer support in a single platform. This integration allows businesses to have a holistic view of their customer interactions and streamline their processes.Ease of use: Users have found EngageBay CRM to be intuitive and user-friendly. The platform provides a clean and organized interface, making it easy to navigate and access various features without much training or technical expertise.Automation capabilities: EngageBay CRM offers powerful automation features, allowing businesses to automate repetitive tasks, workflows, and follow-ups. This automation helps save time and improves efficiency in managing customer relationships.Marketing tools: EngageBay CRM includes marketing automation features such as email marketing, lead generation, landing page creation, and social media management. These tools enable businesses to create targeted marketing campaigns and engage with their audience effectively.Affordable pricing: EngageBay CRM has been praised for its affordable pricing plans, especially for small and medium-sized businesses. The platform offers different pricing tiers to cater to various business needs and budgets.

Cons:

Customization limitations: Some users have mentioned that EngageBay CRM could benefit from more advanced customization options. While the platform offers a good range of features, some users have expressed the desire for greater flexibility in tailoring the CRM to their specific business processes.Integration options: Although EngageBay CRM integrates with popular third-party applications such as Gmail, Outlook, and Stripe, some users have noted that they would like to see expanded integration options with other tools and platforms they use in their business operations.Reporting and analytics: While EngageBay CRM provides basic reporting and analytics features, some users have expressed the need for more advanced reporting capabilities. They have mentioned that additional customization and visualization options could enhance their ability to derive actionable insights from their data.Learning curve: Although EngageBay CRM is generally considered user-friendly, a few users have mentioned that there can be a slight learning curve when first getting acquainted with the platform and its features. However, with some exploration and practice, users have found it easy to navigate and utilize effectively.

Online Media, Self Employed

Indeed an All-In-One CRM tool!

Comments: EngageBay offers a positive experience for small to medium-sized businesses with its user-friendly, all-in-one platform and affordable pricing. It seamlessly integrates email marketing and CRM, with automation capabilities enhancing productivity. However, it may lack some advanced features and could have scalability limitations for larger enterprises. Overall, it's a valuable solution for streamlining operations and improving customer engagement.

Pros:

All-in-one platform: EngageBay offers a suite of integrated tools for marketing, sales, and customer service, streamlining business operations.User-friendly interface: The platform is designed to be intuitive, making it easy for users to navigate and adopt the software quickly.Affordable pricing: EngageBay provides cost-effective plans suitable for startups and small to medium-sized businesses.Automation capabilities: Automation features help save time and effort in repetitive tasks, improving productivity.Email marketing and CRM integration: The platform seamlessly integrates email marketing with customer relationship management, facilitating efficient communication.

Cons:

Limited advanced features: Some advanced functionalities found in more robust platforms might be lacking in EngageBay.Learning curve for complex automation: Although user-friendly, setting up intricate automation sequences may require some learning.Reporting and analytics: The reporting features may not be as comprehensive as some other specialized analytics tools.Customization limitations: Customization options might be restricted, limiting businesses with unique needs.Scalability concerns: Larger enterprises with complex requirements may outgrow EngageBay's capabilities over time.

Tom
Tom
Founder in US

It Keeps Getting Better

Comments: This software made my day, month, and year. Everything is easier now.

Pros:

We started out looking for an affordable CRM/Email Marketing System that didn't charge by # of Contacts. EngageBay was the most affordable of those we found, but since we had never heard of it, we were skeptical it would be very useful. We were so wrong. This is one of those products that gets better, not worse, the more you dig in into it. It feels like I know a secret that no one else knows. IT HAS EVERYTHING. All in one app. We're saving so much money. We got an entire suite of software with at least 40 modules that we would have had to pay for from other apps (Social, SMS, Sales Management, Appointment Calendar, Ticket System, Live Chat, Integrated Automations, Etc..) We can cancel so many services thanks to this software. We had one issue logging in with the WordPress Apps, but it turned out to be our fault for not reading the manual. We sent a quick chat, and customer service answered on almost instantly. They were fast, very knowledgeable, patient, and kind. That 5-star service made the sale for us. We moved 22,000 contacts from another service that has 5% of the capability of EngageBay. I don't write reviews. But I feel like we got so much for so little that I had to give back. We will be recommending this to all of our small business clients.

Cons:

I can't think of anything yet. We're still on the Honeymoon.

Stephen
Operations Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Good software - be sure to know your needs

Comments: Overall experience was very good. EngageBay is not a bad product at all. There are a lot of options available and the support is great.

Pros:

I mainly used EngageBay to track contacts and for emails (broadcast emails, etc). Contact management was easy to follow and use. I really appreciated the training videos. The chat support has always been very helpful when needed.

Cons:

Email templates were okay. . just okay, but customizable. Over the last couple of years, I anticipated more of a variety added that what has been. Pricing is okay. This is where I recommend that you know what you need and compare to pricing of other packages. You will find that EngageBay is competitive (I have the all in one), but I have to ask what I really use and need for the price. Also, be aware that the amount of emails to send are limited when you first start and you have to 'warm up'. I did not realize that and it delayed some aspects for me.

Apparel & Fashion, 501–1,000 Employees

I'm really like my EngageBay CRM

Comments: I've been using EngageBay CRM for two years, and I'm very happy with the app. It has helped me improve my CRM significantly.
I love that EngageBay CRM is easy to use. The user interface is simple and easy to understand, making it easy to navigate between pages and functions

Pros:

The app provides a range of reports and analytics that help users better understand their data

Cons:

Customer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but may not be enough for companies that need immediate help. For example, phone customer support or live chat may not be available