15 years helping Canadian businesses

About StaffCircle

StaffCircle combines engagement, performance and development. Power your business to retain top performing talent.

Learn more about StaffCircle

Pros:

The technical support staff have also been great when I have had problems with users struggling to reset their passwords, they respond quickly and are helpful.

Cons:

One of the questions in the monthly catch-up is a bit confusing and could be more direct.

StaffCircle ratings

4.6

8.3/10

StaffCircle has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 178 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used StaffCircle before?

Sam
Sam
Managing Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Really helps build high performing teams

Pros:

It has helped us dramatically cut admin time and improve performance management across the business. Support is first class, and the customisation options excellent. Pricing is very good too compared to the competition.

Cons:

It can take a while to get familiar with the platform, but that is to be expected with any software like this. As I said support is great though, so this isn't too much of a problem.

Elaine
HR Director in Israel
Online Media, 11–50 Employees

Great implementation experience

Comments: Its early days but we have had a really good implementation experience - thank you Charlotte! So far we love the product and its potential as an engagement, performance and development tool.

Pros:

Performance management - integrates very well with our existing systems and provides opportunities for us to enhance these further. Employee engagement - enhances our previous "People Matters" newsletter by enabling dynamic information and feedback on the new People Matters feed Objective setting - enables clear line of sight from organisational to individual objectives. Allows setting and reviewing of objectives to be a real time process rather than, artificially, only at review time.

Cons:

HR Ops - lots of basics missing including inability for employee to review their contractual information, lack of basic attrition/headcount report and no confidential area for manager notes on employee. Org chart is basic and unable to use to drill down levels, unable to create editable templates in platform, no read and accept - work around is a bit clunky. Other areas too which we are told are on the roadmap.

Gillian
Business Development Officer in UK

Staff Software

Comments: At first I found it a lot, especially remembering to sign in to it each day, but now I have had time to get use to it i quite like it. Its like a new version of the old intranet.

Pros:

The constant stream of information that the company can display, even if you can't absorb it all at once you can look back through the stream to catch up.

Cons:

It can sometimes seem a lot of information and sometimes it is not easy to jump to what you are looking for.

Ajoke
Regional Network Coordinator in UK
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

The best when it comes to booking holidays and time off

Comments: Wonderful. It has been nothing but interesting and very colourful.

Pros:

It creates a seamless avenue for managing my holidays and reduced back and forth between myself and management.

Cons:

Nothing so far as a new user. It has been less than a year of usage now and there has been no issues yet.

Joanne
Head of finance in UK
Computer & Network Security, 51–200 Employees

Staff Circle for Finance Staff

Comments: Overall, the experience has been a positive one. The biggest problem we have is user engagement and getting staff to buy in and use the features of it.

Pros:

I like being able to see and give whole company updates easily. I also like being able to give rewards and see rewards that have been given to my team. I think it is a very useful tool for managing performance and kpi's and performing reviews.

Cons:

So far I don't really have anything i dislike about staff circle. Although we do not use all the features currently.

Lucy
Product Manager in UK

Review of Staff Circle

Comments: Overall, the system is great and very detailed. It can do a lot more than other systems we have used in the past!

Pros:

The communications section as it acts like a little social media page for the employees of the Society. It's a great way to keep informed of what is going on and it looks nice as well rather than just having everything emailed to you.

Cons:

The communications from the system can sometimes be hit and miss.

Lisa
Branch Supervisor in UK
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

General review

Comments: All good, god training provided too initially.

Pros:

simple to use and accurate and precise, quick access.

Cons:

not easy when there are 2 managers in one branch to access the same things.

Katie
Administrative assistant in Ireland
Food Production, 51–200 Employees

New to staff circle

Pros:

I liked the fact its user friendly. A lot of senior staff would not be very good with technology and when they use staff circle they find it very easy to use.

Cons:

there is no mobile app for staff members to download. This means people without a laptop at home struggle to use this outside of work

Abiola
Data analyst in UK
Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Ease of booking holidays

Comments: I do not have any complaints or regrets so far.

Pros:

I can see eveyone on holiday on a particular date. I can also see all of my holidays in one view, absences are also easy to access as well as next-of-kin profile which i can edit anytime.

Cons:

I like everything about the portal. It is fantastic

Carrie
Carrie
Head of Community and Events in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

StaffCircle - the pros & cons

Comments: For me it's positive - I use it most days, if not every day. I enjoy the functionality - although I am sure I still don't use it as well as I could. Tends to be the same sections I always go too.

Pros:

I like how easy to use it is. I like the noticeboard and the notification section. Also as a manager I like the team section - looking up employees, saving 1-1 forms, approving holiday, etc. I like the time off section. Clear and easy to use. I also like the quick check in sentiment section. I also like using it as a platform for Staff internal comms.

Cons:

Not all staff engage with it which makes it frustrating. The internal comms posts only get a few likes each time which is a shame. Most people internally use Teams so they see StaffCircle as just another thing to remember to check. I keep mine open every day so I can pop on, but a lot of people don't use it.

Dawn
Senior People Development Manager in UK
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

Great platform but you have to be willing to invest time learning how to use it effectively

Comments: Overall my experience has been positive. I would recommend the product but with the advise that you must be willing to invest time in it.

Pros:

The reviews and objectives features are the one we use primarily - they have really helped to promote a culture of feedback in the business. The fact that all users have visibility on their progress and goals is essential for the generations we have working for us. The implementation process was managed really well. We needed the platform introduced quickly and the Staff Circle team really did deliver. From set up to training I felt supported and was never made to feel a nuisance with any question I had.

Cons:

As the main admin user I have invested time in understanding how to get the best from the platform and I would advise any future users to ensure they, their managers and end users all to do the same. If you invest this time you will get the best from it but due to the fact it is not entirely intuitive, users could get frustrated by some of the functionality. I would really like to see the option to set up an API available - I would love to have my employees automatically transfer to Staff Circle from our HR & Payroll system as this manual process can be time consuming. I would like more contact with my customer relationship manager.

Ronald
service manager in UK
Construction, 11–50 Employees

StaffCircle

Pros:

We started using StaffCircle with a view to it managing OKR,s. However it became clear that the value in this software for me was in the Hr and Communication sections. We use this Daily for holiday management, storing employee details. The most important feature for me is being able to push articles out to either our whole team or targeted groups, across multiple platforms. Our customer success manager has been fantastic. And is always available when we were ready to start implementing new features.

Cons:

At times particularly at the implementation stage the layout wasn't as intuitive as it could be. This tends not to be in the sections that employees use but more in the sections that you use les often. This gets better the more you use it and find your way around.

Luke
HR Advisor in UK
Higher Education Software, 51–200 Employees

Staff Circle

Pros:

If you have any issues, the staff circle team are always on hand to deliver swift support and guidance. The support that we get from the team is second to none

Cons:

There have been occasional issues with the reporting lines. Also the report function is not always the most intuitive.

keilie
senior support worker in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

competition

Comments: fantastic!........................................

Pros:

easy to use and very informative with easy access to everything i need in one place

Cons:

nothing.................................................

Louise
Customer Support in UK
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Intuitive system

Comments: The system is easy to use, our organisation have kept it simple. We love the comms feed too.

Pros:

We can now see all previous 1-2-1s and objectives as well as our open objectives. We can add progress to them and are able to prepare for our review meetings.

Cons:

I'd like to be able to use a mobile app when not at my laptop

Martin
Chief Operating Officer in UK
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Great functionality at low cost

Pros:

Wide ranging functionality and SC team happy to work with you to tailor to your requirements

Cons:

Some teething issues on implementation, but SC team persevered snd delivered as promised

StaffCircle Response

4 years ago

Thank you for your review. We wanted to ensure you were fully satisfied with your decision to come with StaffCircle so our customer success team worked hard to ensure we lived up to expectations.

Andy
Project Manager in UK
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Staffcircle review

Comments: overall experience has been good and so far been very user friendly

Pros:

good for sharing communications between all employees in the organisation

Cons:

sometimes having different boards for business messages, social messages can lead to some things being missed

Nav
Mortgage Services Officer in UK

Brilliant Software

Pros:

Number of features available are ideal for everyone in the company to be kept up to date, and for individuals to also manage personal details

Cons:

Some sections are not user friendly - managing appraisal, and not being able to delete holiday after it has been approved

Rebecca
Customer Operations in UK
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

Review on Staff Circle

Comments: Staff Circle is an easy platform to use to track employees

Pros:

Very easy to use and track progress on individuals in your team

Cons:

Can't scroll through employees without going into individuals rather than teams

Clark
Design Engineer in UK
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

StaffCircle Helping Communication

Comments: Very good. Very easy to use. Any small issues have always been resolved.

Pros:

Easy to post content and notify the relevant people.

Cons:

There is no application for iPhone (that I can see).

Claire
Intermediary Support Manager in UK

Easy useable system

Pros:

Easy of use - responds quickly - Help buttons available

Cons:

Unless you know what you are looking for it doesn't jump out at you for someone new to the system

Hayley
Compliance Officer in UK
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Good communication tool and easy to use

Pros:

The ease of use and the highlighting of the important matters

Cons:

Daily login and the notifications can be over zealous

Kim Maidie
H R Coordinator in UK
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Check out Staff Circle

Comments: Very Good, although not fully reimplemented as yet

Pros:

It si reasonable easy to use; the support is always excellent - once a ticket is raised it is dealt with all the way thorough and followed up.

Cons:

Some things are not so great to report on

Rebecca
Mortgage Serving Advisor in UK

Great staff engagement

Comments: Great layout and choice of current display.

Pros:

The engagement and availability of personal updates and requests.

Cons:

The attachments and links can be a little more clearer on the sight via a new notification

Kern
London Operations Manager in UK
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Kern's review

Comments: Very positive, easy to use. I like the design too.

Pros:

Great tool for internal company communication, holiday and other absent capture. Can manage my teams absenseces very easily.

Cons:

There is nothing that I do not like about StaffCircle.