Filter by:

• Overall
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About Total ETO

Exclusively for Engineer To Order manufacturers, Dynamic Nested BOMs,CAD Integration,Streamlined Purchasing,Real Time Job Costing, more

Learn more about Total ETO

Jim S.
IT Administrator
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-18

"Outstanding Engineer to Order solution"

Comments: Total ETO has vastly improved our efficiency by streamlining our entire process flow, from first contact with the customer all the way to shipping the final product and every step in between. All the information is available, accessible, and organized every step of the way.

Pros: From an administrative standpoint Total ETO is the most admin-friendly software we've dealt with. Installation, configuration, and client roll-out are straightforward processes and once it's up and running it just works. The software does what it's supposed to do, it's easy to use, logically organized, and their support team is outstanding.

Cons: Truthfully, there really isn't much to say here. Every issue (all of them minor) that we've come across and even suggestions we've made have been resolved immediately or incorporated into the next release.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-18
Madison W.
Purchaser
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-07-17

"Total ETO - Easy to use software"

Comments: Total ETO has helped drastically from a purchasing stand point. There are many tools to help track cost as well as delivery on all material.

Pros: Very organized user friendly software. Easy to track all stages of every project. Questica ETO is always open to suggestions and ways to improve to fit your specific needs.

Cons: I have not noticed any issues with this software.

• Reviewed on 2019-07-17
Chris K.
Service Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-05

"Great tool for running both large and small projects"

Comments: Overall experience is great. I always know how my projects are progressing in high level detail.

Pros: I can review every aspect of every project smoothly and efficiently

Cons: Formatting can improve when opening new panes.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-05
Gary J.
VP of operations
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-03

"TOTAL ETO --Satisfied customer"

Comments: we are able to view and monitor real time, Engineering,procurement and manufacturing using this software

Pros: The software is user friendly with reports that give you data that matters.

Cons: We did not have anything negative to report.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-03
Electrical/Software Engineer Intern
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-10

"Intern's review on Total ETO"

Comments: With my short time in engineering, Total ETO has been a very positive experience. It's easy to understand and learn once you open the program and start using it for a couple of days.

Pros: As a young new engineer, the total ETO platform provided a quick and easy way for me to edit the Bill of Materials for our projects. I like that it automatically saves part information across projects when it is entered the first time. This saves time and confusion for me because most likely a part that I need has been used on another project before. Another great feature is the ease of creating assemblies that make a group of parts that can be repeated as much as needed.

Cons: With my experience so far I think the only con I have is from slow loading speeds which are most likely a network issue on my end.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-10
Branislav
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-11

"Good Managing Project Software"

Comments: As a QA Manager I have been using various export functions, especially, exports to excel, which helps me to monitor NCR trends, supplier performance and easily generate presentation graphs and diagrams.
Overall it is a good software, works well with SolidWorks, easy to use, and satisfies all engineering, purchasing and administrative needs for our company.

Pros: Questica is good for managing projects and keeping track of items used on each project. The search functions work very well to identify past projects or parts orders which is a great help in correctly quoting parts. The reports are also very detailed which aids in many tasks such as looking up costing to quote a similar project.
When you get familiar with it you get all the info you need. It’s very user friendly in terms of entering info and very forgiving if you need to correct something. Most of the functions are fairly intuitive and the available reports give you several different options for disseminating information depending on what you’re looking for.

Cons: Improvements I would like
Ability to link documents in areas other than sales order (i.e. Purchasing – link quotes to PO’s)
Ability to create simple parts quotes

• Reviewed on 2019-03-11
Daniel H.
Panel Build
Industrial Automation, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-02

"Super flexible, almost too much so"

Comments: Love it and it definitely makes our jobs easier. However I do wish the different levels of access had a more tailored system in front of them based on that access level. Get rid of the things a user can't use. And organize things better for each users access level.

Pros: I love being able to find all the information about parts, purchase orders and materials through our use of the BOM features. Tracking items the purchasing group has on order, delivery times to our floor, and then managements expectations of the final product going out the door all can be seen.

Cons: It is almost too flexible and offers almost too many features. From a user perspective, I almost wish I couldn't see all the things that I don't have access to. It muddies up my user experience to see all the other options, reports etc that I can't run myself.

Gregg W.
Engineering Manager
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-16

"Engineering Manager"

Comments: Very please with this product, like the filtering ability and glad to see the latest updates\fixes and look forward to learn more about the Barcode scanning.

Pros: The ability to customize to meet our requirement both with Inventor and Microsoft Projects add-ins. ETO was able and willing to customize the MS-Project to work in a way that worked to meet our requirements

Cons: CRM or there lack of to have a complete all in one Office support system

• Reviewed on 2020-09-16
Rob S.
Partner, VP Operations
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-22

"ETO - Easy To Optimize"

Comments: We have been using Total ETO for over 8 years. Our overall experience has been great! New employees quickly learn the software and the support desk is highly responsive. Total ETO is feature rich at an affordable cost.

Pros: Total ETO gives us the management we need with controlling the inputs and outputs necessary for our engineered-to-order projects. It has been an invaluable tool for our Supply Chain (materials procurement), Project Management (job costing) and Applications Engineering group (legacy data), in streamlining data flow and data sharing. New releases are easily and successfully implemented with minimal IT assistance.

Cons: We currently use a third party TMS software to manage labour tracking electronically, due to the nature of our business. Though this was easily integrated with Total ETO, I would have preferred it to be a native feature to the software.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-22
Lucas R.
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-02

"Lucas Resch Review of TotalETO"

Comments: Overall, my experience is has been plesant with TotalETO. There is a learning curve that somes with the software, but once you know how the software works, it is pretty user friendly.

Pros: I like the integration with the 3D software. When it is set up correctly, it can really reduce the amount of time that it takes to release a project.

Cons: TotalETO does a good job handling parts, but it does a poor job with handling Standard Assemblies and Assemblies within the BOM structure. There should be a better way to customize the behavior of SAs and Assemblies when it comes to procuring them.

• Reviewed on 2020-11-02
Jill F.
Mechanical engineer

"Pros and Cons"

Pros: Generates reports, can find any part number that has been used elsewhere.

Cons: Sometimes the release button is grayed out for unknown reasons. Other colleagues can release the same station, or sometimes restarting ETO allows you to release again. If you switch network connection (wired to wifi, different network, etc.) and have ETO open, it logs you out.

General Manager
Industrial Automation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-29

"Great ERP system for Engineering Companies"

Comments: We are so much more efficient in our project BOMing, parts order estimates, purchasing, receiving, job kitting, etc. There are lots of great administration tools for management for Time Cards, cost tracking, quoting etc.

Pros: This software enables our Engineering company and Procurement departments to connect fluently. Before ETO, we battled synchronization of BOM updates and requirements of purchasing. Parts quotes, packing slips and Purchase are very quick and simple. We love the SolidWorks Import add-in from the Engineering perspective. The customer service is excellent and response time for questions and customizations is miniscule. I appreciate that ETO is open to improvements and suggestions that are tailored to each company's needs.

Cons: It's Microsoft Access based and it takes a little bit of time to get used to. Once you are accustomed, it works very well for our needs.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-29
Jim K.
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Machinery, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-15

"Over 10 Years Using Total ETO"

Comments: Overall very positive. The support is what sets them apart. I have used it at three different companies - all have utilized Total ETO staff to write custom reports and come up with unique solutions to problems. It's a mature product with mature support - very easy in that regard.

Pros: It's consistent from release to release. They work on improving background or adding functionality, but the core product stays the same. You don't have to relearn things - or re-document procedures.

Cons: The only thing that bugs me is my natural tendency to treat any entry cells like an Excel item. Since Total ETO is on a database, some typing steps need to be focused on as such. Not a show stopper once you are used to it.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-15
Stan M.
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-20

"Total ETO (Questica)"

Comments: Great product with a great team at Total ETO. We were up and running in several weeks. Gives us reporting and traceability on projects we never had before. It's cut purchasing time in half. Integration in Solidworks works well.

Pros: Ease of use, quickly find information, reporting, Item master and BOM are easy to use. Setup was quick to do. Administration straight. Technical support is quick to respond and always have a solution.

Cons: Not really much to say here - software does what it supposed to do. Very few problems that were solved with technical support

• Reviewed on 2020-05-20
Kevin S.
Coop Student
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-25

"Questica ETO is a powerful and reliable assistant for project management."

Comments: Questica ETO is used to expedite, enter new projects, and track costs and project dates.

Pros: It is easy to track all the projects that I have been assigned to enter and expedite. I can reliably search for parts as I enter BOM's while not even having to leave the BOM entry screen. I also like the option to have multiple BOM's open at a time.

Cons: There has been nothing to dislike so far. If anything it would be speed, however I am on an old laptop and it is most likely a hardware issue instead of software.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-25