15 years helping Canadian businesses

Microsoft Bookings Reviews

About Microsoft Bookings

Appointment scheduling solution that enables businesses to manage online booking, confirmation emails, calendar invites, and more.

Learn more about Microsoft Bookings

Pros:

I have spent quite a bit of time reading about this and changing the time zone settings. I have contacted customer support.

Cons:

I personally still struggle with the functions in the software, only because I fairly new in usuing the software.

Microsoft Bookings ratings

4.2
4.0
4.2
4.3

8.0/10

Microsoft Bookings has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 114 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Bookings before?

Mark
Mark
Director of Operations & Data Management in US
Higher Education Software, 201–500 Employees

Vital for distributed teams with multiple systems

Comments: We have people all over the country using many different systems to book time with our staff. Bookings takes the guess work out and allows users to control their calendars more effectively. If someone is attempting to schedule a meeting and isn't on the network, we immediately provide the link to our Bookings page and make it easier on everyone.

Pros:

There are many tools that provide the same type of service as Bookings but the security of the Microsoft suite was important to us. We've previously used other tools but we were able to get everyone into Bookings which made training and troubleshooting easier for the entire staff. Our recruiters are asked to meet with students daily and rather than emailing the student their available times, recruiters can simply provide a link to the calendar which allows students to pick an available time simply. We work with several partners who don't have visibility to calendars when scheduling meeting. Access to the individuals' bookings page makes scheduling easier and reduces the chances of people getting double booked. Meetings booked through a Bookings page is moved over to the Outlook calendar with a notification. Cancellations are also updated in Outlook and the attendees are notified.

Cons:

The customization opportunities are limited. Users can set things like email reminders and calendar invites, and modify color schemes and logos. Would like to see more integrations with other MS products. For example, if a meeting is booked that is going to require a conference call or an online software. It would be nice to automatically have a Microsoft Teams meeting and invite created and emailed to the participants. Ability to create a one-time bookings page that incorporates the calendars of several people would be a nice addition to the product.

Rosie
Owner in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Convenience and functionality that work for us

Comments: Overall for us Microsoft Booking works quite well and is a very helpful tool to make sure we get appointments scheduled quickly and have additional tools for the functionality of the booking system that make it very simple to use.

Pros:

The convenience of being able to sync calendars, create recurring appointments and send and get confirmation through the booking systems connection to our outlook, makes Microsoft Booking a highly effective and very necessary part of our tools and systems. Clients can confirm within the email and we get that confirmation as well as regular reminders on the appointed day. Fewer missed appointments by our clients because they also get SMS reminders making it really convenient for us. I also like that it integrates with zoom and teams to have additional functionality to what appears to be a "simple" scheduler.

Cons:

I don't like that getting paid for appointments is still not a simple as some of their competitors who have their standalone booking systems that also allow for payment within their software.

Tobias
CTO in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Cancellation impossible

Pros:

Very feature complete. The software provides a lot of abilities to manage calendars across locations and employees.

Cons:

1. The API is in beta, gets changed without warning, lacks major convenience features like requesting availability and overall seems to be built in order to make the usage of scheduling without Microsoft UI as hard as possible 2. We tried to cancel the service but Microsoft locked us out of the account. The support will not take our termination and refers to the authenticator app. Since we do not have that app, we cannot log in. We are paying since over 6 month without receiving any value. Microsoft Support stopped responding to our request to cancel. We consider to ask our bank to block the deduction of subscription fees because of fraudulent behavior.

Sam
Sam
Assistant Principal in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Time to Meet

Pros:

The online booking feature is the most impactful. Bookings syncs with a calendar to allow prospective clients the opportunity to view open time slots to meet.

Cons:

The integration of Bookings into my daily routine required effort. The platform would do well for a barber or any professional who charges a fee for their service or time. Bookings needs some polish for those of us who meet and provide a service which may be offered free of charge. Those in a non-profit industry may find that extra time is needed to tailor Bookings to our specific needs before deploying.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Share your calendar with Bookings by Microsoft

Comments: I use Bookings for client consultations. I is some much easier to allow client to choose an available time book themselves instead of the back and forth trying to figure out a suitable time via email.

Pros:

Bookings by Microsoft is one of those apps included with Microsoft Office 365 and it allows you to take online client bookings. It is easy to setup and use.

Cons:

I would like more flexibility in creating the booking calendar and clearer notification email when a client books an appointment.

Mike
Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Feature with Microsoft 365

Pros:

I like how it integrates seamlessly into Microsoft 365. It has a lot of functionality for very little cost

Cons:

It is a little more difficult to set up than other products

Josh
Tech Support Engineer in US
Insurance Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great for appointments

Comments: It's been great so far. Very easy to setup and enable users to setup and manage their own bookings. Other programs have required more admin work.

Pros:

Easy to add multiple resources to one calendar. When you send the link to a user it gives them flexibility to select the time and resource that works best for them. If you have a meeting already scheduled it will remove that timeframe as a resource.

Cons:

If the person who made the appointment cancels, it will send you an email but it does not automatically remove that time slot from your calendar.

Becca
Camp Director in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft Bookings

Comments: Saved us so much time, and back and forth emails. We would not be able to do our seasonal hire without it.

Pros:

Our very small team annually hires over 150 people over the course of a few months. Having the ability for our team to sync their calendars/availability and let interviewees book their own interviews has been a game changer for us. Saves so much time and effort. It auto syncs with Teams so everything is taken care of. And since its built into the Microsoft suite it wasn't a separate program we needed to pay for. Bookings really runs itself once you've set up your parameters, which is so important to us.

Cons:

As we are using it for interviews, we must have two of our own staff present on the interview. Teams can't book with two of our team without me making a built in team of every pairing. So I do have to manually enter the second interviewer, which is frustrating. This is the only downside we have found with bookings.

Claudia
Claudia
Chat moderator and Consultant in Italy
Public Relations & Communications, 501–1,000 Employees

Great tool

Pros:

It's really accurate and easy to use, I can post my availability and the client can book the appointment. Really amazing.

Cons:

I have nothing to complain about, this software is amazing so far.

Lauren
Office Manager in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Easy Integrated Scheduler

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Easy to use, convenient, and can handle multiple team members schedules for nay kind of appointments.

Pros:

Easily integrates with M365 accounts for all team members.

Cons:

Can be difficult to get schedules set up properly for all staff in the beginning.

Brian
Principal Consultant in US
Financial Services Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Microsoft Bookings wrote the Book

Comments: overall very easy to implement and intuitive for clients

Pros:

simple to use; easy to implement, pretty straightforward

Cons:

sometimes too simple; would like to se emore features. soemtimes don't always see the number of acceptances or an accurate representation

Valamere
Instructional Technology Assistant in US
Higher Education Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Easy Booking

Comments: I use Microsoft Bookings to schedule individual technical support sessions with new faculty members using a personalized scheduling webpage and link. Also, I appreciate the automatic reminders to help me stay organized.

Pros:

I love the convenience of accessing Bookings directly through my Office 365 app! Also, this scheduling tools syncs with my Outlook calendar allowing others to book an appointment. Once the appointment is booked, an email notification is automatically sent to me and the requester. The great thing about this scheduling tool is that you can customize questions to ask the requester so that you can prepare for the upcoming appointment.

Cons:

Microsoft Bookings does not sync with external calendars. For example, if you have a personal calendar on a different application, you would have to manually insert those appointments on your calendar so the requester does not book when you are unavailable.

Lawrence
R&D Manager in UK
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

A great booking platform built into existing Microsoft solutions

Comments: A great solution that's included into the majority of Office licensing.

Pros:

The ability to customise specific types of bookings. I can arrange different meeting types from solution demos to review meetings, configure whether they are in person or online Teams meeting.

Cons:

I think more customisation/branding is needed for the personal bookings page.

Sean
Instructor and Academic Advisor in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Included in my organization's microsoft 365

Comments: Strong product. People find it easy to sign up for appointments.

Pros:

As this product was included in my organization's Microsoft 365 subscription, I decided to use it instead of sign up genius.

Cons:

The product took a bit of time to adjust to compared to sign up genius. I however did not watch any tutorials.

E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Impossible to make a recurring appointment (in 2021)!!!

Comments: I think it's an unnecessary product and that they should have simply improved Outlook (which is already pretty great).

Pros:

I think the ability to send unlimited reminder emails is a nice feature, but it's already possible to customize email reminders in Outlook (albeit unfortunately in a more limited capacity--it seems like you can only choose a one-week reminder or a one-day reminder, which I don't understand) so why doesn't Microsoft simply make the email reminders in Outlook more robust?

Cons:

I have been forced to use this software to book recurring weekly trainings for up to 6 months, which means I am obliged to MANUALLY ENTER each and every appointment for my students. I think that the reminder emails are a nice feature, but it's already possible to do in Outlook. Frankly I find it absolutely insane that you can't book a recurring appointment. It might work great for something like a hair salon, but for regular appointments, it's torture.

Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great way to organize meetings

Comments: Excellent tool to allow clients to schedule themselves a meeting based on your set schedule.

Pros:

Easy to set up office hours and modify based on the day. Syncs with calendar.

Cons:

Better directions for setting it up for the first time.

Diana
Insurance Agent in US
Insurance Software, Self Employed

Excellent appointment scheduling tool

Comments: This software is a great tool to have an organized schedule and ensure you are not overbooking yourself. It is very easy for clients to use and it even sends out meeting reminders to them.

Pros:

I liked that I could post my availability and my clients could book their own appointments. I liked that I could create different meeting types/categories and lengths.

Cons:

The initial set-up process can take a bit of time and can be difficult if you aren't very tech savvy, but there are tutorials and people who can help you get this software set up.

Patrick
Director of Communications in US
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to setup, love the capabilities

Pros:

I just started to use this now that it is integrated to my Office 365 for business. I love the use of it and it will be used for a long time. It is fully integrated into all my users and the capability of it being able to grow with my company easily is why I chose it.

Cons:

I wish I could modify more of the theme aspects. It would allow it to mimic my website more. I am locked with my website to not be able to embed it and if I did it would not blend well.

Zdenka
pensioner in Italy
Music, Self Employed

Bookings

Pros:

A company through which you can find and book a place for various travels

Cons:

I have nothing special to distinguish, a great organization in every respect

Brenda
Brenda
Maestra de Psicomotricidad in Mexico
Mental Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Bookings facilitated my life

Pros:

I really like the friendly interface, the design, the collects for differences one appointment of another, I love that it sends reminders, and confirmation emails. My clients tell me that they like to book with Bookings since it is easy, and practical. Although I still receive appointments by phone.

Cons:

I want to export appointments from Booking clients to Excel, but I could not

Md
Operations Manager in US
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

Good but a little half baked.

Comments: The software works but could definitely benefit from some more polish and features.

Pros:

Setup and use in simple. Setting up the software is hassle free. Using it is also very simple. It overall works to the base amount.

Cons:

The options to customize appointments is lacking along with more integrations. Overall it doesn’t have the MS polish.

Abdiel
Abdiel
Independent Business Owner in Panama
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Perfect for my clients' diary.

Pros:

like to use this system because I can better organize my week, dedicate only 2 days a week to attend the visit of my clients through online dating, I love it.

Cons:

I must be careful not to postpone an appointment for personal matters, it is common that being my own boss may feel the need to postpone an appointment for personal matters.

Jeff
Consultant/Coach in US
Construction, Self Employed

Microsoft Bookings Review

Comments: This is a new item that I have begun to explore and implement via partners I work with- I have used MS products for ages now and am always up to try new things- I am happy with what I have encountered thus far but oddly enough I feel as though it doesn't fully live up to the MS offerings (especially in the look and feel department)- High hopes though!

Pros:

Synced up with 365 package and APP fairly seamlessly and is making life more efficient for me- Especially the synergy with Outlook- As this is new(er) to me I am still working my way through the system but find it to be impactful already- Nice that others can view calendar and make meetings and cut out the steps of asking for my availability- Customization aspect is nice as well

Cons:

Out of the gate it took a minute for me to get this going- In a perfect world I always appreciate when programs just "start"!- Once rolling, to get the workflow integrated into my daily routine took a second too- As said new to me, and moving in the right direction now!

Ben
Ben
Instructor in Journalism in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

If you use 365, use this for booking

Comments: Used Microsoft Bookings during academic year to handle advising appointments

Pros:

For organizations within the Microsoft 365 ecosystem, this is an incredible option for booking and maintaining an appointment calendar. It fits seamlessly into your Outlook calendar, lets you customize your entire setup, and is a seamless process for both creator and client,

Cons:

There is no good way to manage your booking page through Outlook itself - you must do everything through the web app.

Madison
office worker in US

A convenient way of allowing your customers to schedule appointments with you.

Pros:

This program is extremely convenient which is one of the nicest things about it. It also allows the customer to cancel easily which decreases the number of no-shows. It's an easy appointment scheduling alternative for both the customer and owner.

Cons:

By using a program like this, you are assuming that all of your customers have easy and quick access to wifi. While that is the case most of the time, there are a lot of older people who struggle to use wifi and that is the downfall to this program.