15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Ahrefs

Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO toolset that helps boost the organic search growth of your website.

Learn more about Ahrefs

Pros:

Cons:

I don't think there is anything missing from the ahrefs tool.

Ahrefs ratings

4.4
4.5
4.7
4.2

8.8/10

Ahrefs has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 562 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Ahrefs before?

Manuel Ángel
Manuel Ángel
SysAdmin in Spain
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

A very comprehensive and user-friendly SEO toolkit

Comments: I have had a great experience with Ahrefs. The software is easy to use and the features are very helpful. The customer service is also great. I would definitely recommend Ahrefs to others.For example, the last day in the office, talking with a client that had a website that was not ranking well in Google for any relevant keywords. After conducting a keyword research, we found a set of keywords that had low competition and were relevant to the client's business. We then used Ahrefs to create a link-building campaign and improve the website's on-page SEO. After several months, the website was ranking on the first page of Google for all of the targeted keywords.

Pros:

he most appealing aspect of Ahrefs is its comprehensive and easy-to-use features. As a Seo Specialist, I find the Site Explorer, Keywords Explorer, and Content Explorer to be particularly useful in helping me understand my website's ranking and content performance. Additionally, the Ahrefs blog is a great resource for staying up-to-date on the latest industry news and trends.

Cons:

The price is the only thing I didn't like about Ahrefs. It's a bit pricey, but it's worth it for the features and data it provides.

2 years ago

Sharing your client's success story with us is heart-warming, Manuel, thank you! Stay tuned for more awesome features that are currently being developed. And if you have any further suggestions, please drop us a line at [email protected]. We're open to feedback! :)

Marco Genaro
Marco Genaro
Founder in Bulgaria
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The best tool for Backlinking and one of the best SEO tools of all the times

Comments: Is definitely one of the big SEO tools in the market. Although it is pricy, Ahrefs is definitely a must if you're into backlinking campaings. They have unique features that are very useful to perform outreach campaigns.

Pros:

Although I'm a big fan of the audits and traffic estimations, which are very useful for competitor analysis, what I like the most about Ahrefs are their features related to backlinking. Many of these features provide all the information you need to create various types of outreach campaigns and advance your SEO techniques, such as detecting backlinks pointing to 404 pages or identifying unlinked mentions.

Cons:

I found it a bit expensive. That's probably why is only for SEO Pros. Also, it's a bit hard to use at the very beginning.

7 months ago

Hi Marco, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're big fans of our backlink capabilities, and we're glad to hear you are, too! We'd love more insight into what you found difficult to use at the beginning. We have onboarding webinars and workshops for our customers, and we'd like to know how we can improve these in the future. :) Again, thanks for the kind words, and thanks for choosing Ahrefs!

Paulo
SEO Expert in Brazil
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Ahrefs is the best option to keyword research

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Excellent user interface. You can use it to content insights, competitor analysis and keyword research

Cons:

Price is a bit too expensive, but worth it on long term

2 weeks ago

Hi Paulo, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of our tools. We've put a lot of effort into our UI, and we're happy to hear that you think it's excellent, too. We're working hard to create new and powerful insights for our customers, and we hope you'll continue to find our data and features valuable for a long time to come!

Narek
Narek
CEO in Armenia
Design, 51–200 Employees

Once a great tool, now a charge oriented garbage

Pros:

Good competitor keyword analysis tools, good quality site health monitoring

Cons:

Once one of the greatest SEO tools, it became a tool that confused customers with complicated pricing schemes and tried to charge as much as possible. We have been AHREFS customers for almost five years, and their recent changes have made us wonder how far this company can go in terms of customer service, customer respect, and pricing schemes. The new scheme is so complicated that your credit card can suddenly charge $1000s without your knowledge. When we contacted to customer support, they told us that beside the $2000 annual fee we pay, we also need to pay $3500 for additional keyword tracking (which we never signed up for, it was migrated from our old account, where usage was free) without our knowing. We decided to stop partnering with ahrefs due its complicated pricing model which scams users and surprisingly charges you and we're moving to different platform now. Usage is not recommended due to the high scam and confusion rate. Recommendation from a company with over 1 million organic monthly traffic and 22 million visitors.

3 months ago

Hi Narek, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Sincere apologies for any confusion caused by migrating your subscription to a new plan. Looking over your conversation with support, it sounds like this was an unfortunate misunderstanding that has since been resolved. Just to clarify, you were previously on an Advanced subscription, which allowed 5,000 tracked terms in Rank Tracker. When you switched to a Standard plan in 2022, those limits were reduced to 2,000. Please don't hesitate to contact customer support again in the future if you need further clarification on plan limits. Thank you.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

With ahrefs you can make your website print money

Comments: I used to had a routine on spoting links, keywords and writing based on the analysis, ahrefs was my everyday tool and always discovered what my competitors were doing.

Pros:

Almost best tool to spot the rankings on your competitors and discover their links. Period. They tried to add website analysis. You can use that part for free under certain conditions.

Cons:

The price gone up lately. The website analysis part is ok but basic.

2 months ago

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're thrilled to hear that you got a lot of value out of our Site Explorer and Keywords Explorer tools. But we'd also love to hear more about how you feel we can improve Site Audit! If you get a chance, please do reach out to [email protected] and let us know what you'd like to see changed. :-)

Md. Tanvir Bin
IT officer in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

It has an outstanding capacity to crawl the entire internet and target sites.

Comments: It provides better recommendations for keywords.
It has basic control over keywords.

Pros:

It is capable of thorough monitoring and comparison of domains. Based on how much organic traffic a website receives, that is. Compared to Alexa rank, it is superior. Based on the quantity of backlinks going to a URL, URL (URL ratings) calculates the potential influence of the URL. In terms of metrics returned, the keyword results page was at first the most plain and straightforward of all the tools I examined. However, Ahrefs has significantly improved its Keyword Explorer tool with a responsive page of interactive data visualizations.

Cons:

Costly for small companies perhaps. Technical SEO and on-page optimization are included in the "Domain Health" tool, which is presently unavailable. Had the experience of having some tool parts return no results.

8 months ago

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave a thorough review. We appreciate your feedback. We're glad to hear that you're getting good value from our tools and metrics. If you're having trouble with Site Audit, please do contact [email protected]. We want you to be able to have the full functionality of tools included in your plan. Again, thank you for your thorough and honest feedback and thank you for choosing Ahrefs!

Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Helps Make SEO More Manageable

Pros:

I've tried a few SEO tools and Ahrefs is one of my favorites! The site is pretty easy to understand and there are lots of free tools that help me to understand how to improve my SEO ranking. I'd encourage people to use the free trial to check it out.

Cons:

I don't really find a down side to the plaform. I'm satisfied with how it works.

7 months ago

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying the platform, and we hope you continue to get value out of our tools in the future. Just to clarify, we don't have a free trial, but we do have a forever-free limited version of Site Explorer and Site Audit with our Ahrefs Webmaster Tools plan. Again, thanks for your feedback, and we're happy to count you among our customer base!

Isreal
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Good tool but limited without upgrading

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Good tool for keyword research and keyword tracking

Cons:

Some of the features were limited in use and other features were only available in much higher priced plans.

2 months ago

Hi Isreal, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that you are getting good use out of our keyword research and rank tracker tools. If you have suggestions for how we can improve our product, please don't hesitate to reach out to customer support. Thanks!

Stephen
Operations Manager in UK
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Comprehensive but baffling in its complexity

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Everything you need is there, and a whole stack of things you probably won't. I realize that lots of people love to sit all day delving into figures, and others need to deep dive into specifics for other reasons. So I used it for a very long time and it was very good.

Cons:

But eventually it dawned on me that we were paying a premium for stuff, as a small company, we really didn't need.

2 months ago

Hi Stephen, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. Did you know that we offer free courses in our academy and use case webinars on a monthly basis to help you get the most out of your subscription? We'd really love to hear more about your experience and what you found challenging so we can improve our UI/UX as well as our onboarding sequences. Please do reach out to [email protected] if you get a moment. We'd love to hear more of your thoughts!

Elle
Elle
Company owner in Spain
Design, Self Employed

I like some features

Comments: It's good for those people who want all their tools in one place and I can see why it is the industry leader. For me though, I'm kind of covered with other tools that I use.

Pros:

It seems to cover all the bases within its paid packages

Cons:

I can get most of the reports for free using other tools

2 months ago

Hi Elle, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide honest feedback. We can appreciate that there are other tools on the market that are less expensive than we are, but we hope that our robust, first-in-class data is a differentiator. :)

Retail, Self Employed

Ahrefs - better than the rest?

Comments: My overall experience has been very good with AHREFS. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to not only learn more about SEO, but how to be more effective with their SEO strategies. The more you use something like this software, the better at SEO you become because you have more tools under your belt and better processes for a good strategy. You really need data for a good SEO strategy and something like this software is going to get you there. If you don't have the funds, try ubersuggest (and you can sign up with a blank gmail account if you don't want to share your GSC or analytics data)

Pros:

When you're looking at SEO Software, one of the main things you want to look for is accurate data. There are many different choices out there with many different features. Lots of these software products have many of the same features. So what separates all these different SEO suits, for me, it would be the accuracy of data. And AHREFS seems to have pretty accurate data, compared to the competition. For one, it seems to have a great backlink database. This allows you to uncover more backlinks per website, compared to the competition. Also, another area where it's a little bit more accurate would be their domain rating (the strength of a websites authority), and therefore their Keyword Difficulty score. Now obviously you can't rely completely on an autmatically calculated Keyword Difficulty score, since there are too many unknown variables. But it is great to have for bulk data analysis. Other than that, I would say, they also have almost everything you need out of an SEO software suite. Their user experience is also pretty good. The closest alternative I would say is semrush. And I would say both are about equal in my recommendation, with Ahrefs being slighly better, but semrush being better for most due to the lower cost.

Cons:

The biggest con to AHREFS is the price. It seems overly expensive, especially considering now that you can pay for Ubersuggest for a fraction of the cost. Or you can even use some of the Ubersuggest features for free (however keep in mind, you are really paying them with your data if you sign up with your GSC or analytics account). However, it's not going to be as comprehensive as something like this software. So in my mind, if AHREFS lowered the price, it would be a no-brainer. But if you rely on this data for your business, or an agency. Then you consider the cost a necessary expense for one of the best software programs out there for SEO.

Md.
Great tool for SEO and Ranking in Bangladesh
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for SEO and Ranking

Comments: It is one of the best tools for SEO analysis and backlinks. I am impressed with its performance. For search volume, backlinks, rankings and social share Ahrefs plays an outstanding role. It always uses effective data that is very helpful. By using this tool we can get organic traffic research result. In this way, we know keywords that are ranked by competitors. For bringing more traffics it shows excellent performance. Overall it is the best SEO tool in the market now.

Pros:

It is very nice software for backlinks and SEO analysis. It has a site audit tool that monitors SEO issues of our sites regularly. It shows a complete backlink profile. We get a proper backlink report. Ahrefs link analysis tool index is huge. It is also updated regularly. It is also a great SEO competitor research tool. Ahrefs has an exclusive backlink analysis feature. It is a keyword explorer that gives valuable information on search volume, competition, CPC, CTR, SERP position history, and more. Keyword explorer does not limit to one search engine. It is a rank tracker tool that shows the ranking position in google.

Cons:

It is a great tool that shows quality performance. Rank trackers should be updated regularly. New keyword ideas should be improved

2 years ago

Many thanks for the honest review! Please note that keywords in Rank Tracker get updated according to your chosen plan. Daily updates are available as an add-on. As for the new keyword idea improvements, please write us at [email protected] to provide us with some more context. Thank you! :)

Kirill
Blogger in Germany
Internet, Self Employed

A thing no AHREFS affiliate will tell you

Comments: Even if this credit rule is listed on the Pricing page, it is unclear what those credits are consumed for. I could never expect that they melt out with EVERY click... So I got disappointed / this is not what I call customer-friendly. The app is very expensive already, and this credit situation doesn't improve the app's usage. But it brings the company much more money, I understand. Tja, that's capitalism, bro.

Pros:

Of course, we all know it's a fantastic tool that provides many information and tools. I haven't used it for a long time, but I decided to use it because many people on youtube were praising how good it is.

Cons:

Here's what no Youtuber/ahrefs-affiliate will tell you: after you pay, you will realize that EACH LITTLE click you make on the platform consumes a credit, and for 100 EURO per month, you have only 500 of those. Literally. Just 500 credits. I started my keyword research, and schwupps - almost 100 credits gone. EACH STEP you need while looking for keywords/related topics consumes credits.

last year

Hi Kirill, Good to see you back! Indeed, our pricing has changed since last year (March 2022, to be more specific). With the old plans, the main features were available to everyone—regardless of the plan they were on. This meant large agencies paid the same subscription price as a one-person SEO (often a beginner). The best way to differentiate usage was by how many "data requests" each user was pulling. Hence "credits" were born. Credits get consumed when accessing reports and requesting new data from all our core tools, Dashboard, Alerts, and standalone tools (like Batch Analysis). Site Audit and Rank Tracker DO NOT consume credits. However, we are very transparent about them. The monthly subscription, plus the plan additions are all listed on our: - Pricing page - Billing page - In-app welcome message - Visual live counter (in the header, next to your account name) - Limits & usage page under Admin Settings If you want to save on credits while doing kw research, I recommend searching them in bulk. For more info on how credits work, please read our help page article: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/6061658-about-credits-and-export-rows As for the pricing pain point, we're improving our product and our ability to crawl the entire web: https://ahrefs.com/big-data. Hence prices need to follow along to make our business sustainable. To give you a greater understanding of the costs involved, our data center costs in Singapore alone have run over $400M in the past 3 years (https://tech.ahrefs.com/how-ahrefs-saved-us-400m-in-3-years-by-not-going-to-the-cloud-8939dd930af8). Despite this, we still get that the new system might not be working for everybody (including yourself), hence we apologize for that. Happy to answer any further questions. Andrei

Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

All In One SEO/ SEM Research and Optimization Tool

Comments: As a digital marketer that manages SEO and PPC campaigns for clients, Ahrefs is an essential tool for providing value and good results for my clients. The amount of keyword data provided within Ahrefs is unmatched by similar tools. We have improved all of our clients "website score" and they have seen the results with more traffic and better leads.

Pros:

The software contains so many features for keyword research, website optimization, link building, competitor tracking and so much more. The best part about the software is that the more I use it, the better the results are that I can provide my clients. My favorite tool is the "content gap" functionality which provides us with the websites where our competitors are linked so we are able to go after those websites or similar websites.

Cons:

There is a huge learning curve because the software contains so many features and ways to use the software. Additionally, the software can get very expensive because of the number of licenses our business requires.

2 years ago

"The best part about the software is that the more I use it, the better the results are that I can provide my clients." This made our day - thank you! ^^ About your concerns, we heard you Abby. In fact, we're in the process of updating all of our How to Ahrefs documentation for all new Site Explorer 2.0 reports. So stay tuned! You can also follow our social channels where we're posting short explainer videos about each new functionality. For any questions you might have, don't hesitate to ping us at [email protected]. We're always happy to help out :)

Richard
SEO in US

100% Recommended to SEO Experts

Comments: Overall, our experience with Ahrefs was positive. While the team's customer service could be better - the actual tool is powerful. It's truly an SEO expert's perfect tool. It has some of the best insights available - and the company is constantly expanding their efforts. Recently, they updated their content explorer system, making it more comprehensive. For our agency, we were able to really fine-tune our keywords and find great linking opportunities. If you are looking for a program to capitalize and do the same, Ahrefs is a great place to start.

Pros:

- Amazing backlinking tool - Easy to understand keyword search system - Ability to track keyword rankings by the minute - Quality reporting tool - 7-day trial for first timers - Company sends valuable training information - Daily support if needed

Cons:

- Can be complicated for first-time SEO users - Its design is simple and a bit mundane. - Customer service is not the friendliest.

Malte
Head of SEO in Germany
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Best backlink software

Comments: A cheap toolbox with some really great tools. It does what it is supposed to do. Nothing fancy but reliable.

Pros:

ahrefs is an inexpensive all-in-one SEO platform with a strong focus on backlinks. While the other features are OK, I mainly use it for backlinks, where it absolutely excels.

Cons:

The UI has not changed in many years and I feel the usability could be improved upon. Click stream data has not been updates since December 2019. The rank tracker is really just that - a rank tracker. Some competitors have a much stronger focus and the SEO project management aspect.

Yoyo
Co-founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Ahrefs is an expensive product that does its job.

Comments: Overall, I had a great experience with it, however, it costs too much for the value it provides. It needs to lower it's price to remain competitive as more niche tools come up.

Pros:

Backlink tracking, competitor analysis, and SEO auditing is great with Ahrefs. Ahrefs is, besides SEMRush one of the most comprehensive software for SEO.

Cons:

It is way too expensive as a SaaS software. There are competitors and even free versions of tools that does all of what Ahref does separately/individually. Ahref just combines it all together.

Kyle
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Dig DEEPER into Google Data & Find SEO Gold!

Comments: I absolutely LOVE it, and the YouTube content is the best!

Pros:

I live for finding low difficulty high traffic potential keywords and building blog posts with them. Even more so, I have a long list of related terms to complement the focused keyword. This software is the best! Oh, and I really LOVE parent topic reporting. I could NOT find this in SEMRush.

Cons:

I wish there was a feature where it would suggest better keywords. For example, if I typed in a variety of keywords and the most I found was 10 searches a month, it would be great if it analyzed my unpopular searches and recommend similar more popular searches.

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, Kyle! We do have a feature like you're already asking called Parent Topic. It determines if you can rank for your target keyword while targeting a more general topic on your page instead. Learn more about the best practices when doing keyword research in Ahrefs here: https://help.ahrefs.com/en/articles/735464-what-are-the-best-practices-for-doing-keyword-research-with-the-help-of-ahrefs For any feature suggestions that you might have, please write them down on our canny page: https://ahrefs.canny.io/ The more upvotes a feature suggestion gets, the likelier will it further be considered by our product team when reviewing the product roadmap. Hope this helps!

Aman
Blogger in India
Sports, Self Employed

Ahref Review

Pros:

It's not difficult to utilize. You can utilize Ahrefs to perform watchword research for a wide range of web search tools including, essentially, YouTube — key contenders normally just give search information to research. It gives you admittance to every one of the key devices commonly required for a Search engine optimization project: catchphrase research, backlink investigation and site reviewing. Completing broken connect examination (both interior and outer) is very simple in Ahrefs. It allows you to review Center Web Vitals execution effectively, and gives you admittance to both field and lab information in one spot. Its liberal 'space check framework' implies that Ahrefs can allow you to work with countless sites somewhat inexpensively. Adding extra 'seats' for Ahrefs is genuinely modest, particularly by correlation with its rivals. Its 'traffic potential' metric gives a really incredible method for spotting 'succulent' or undiscovered catchphrases - and you won't find a comparative component accessible from its key rivals.

Cons:

There's no free preliminary. As far as possible are selfish. All plans, even the most costly 'Endeavor' plan, just accompany one seat. Its connection file is more modest than those of key contenders Moz and Semrush. There's no telephone support. There are no implicit contact surfacing or venture the executives instruments accessible to assist you with backlink building. There's no versatile application for in a hurry Search engine optimization work. The point of interaction can be a piece drowsy.

2 years ago

Thank you Aman for the in-depth review! To clarify a few things: 1. We do have a free plan, which allows you to use Site Explorer and Site audit for an unlimited number of verified projects. You can sign up here: https://ahrefs.com/webmaster-tools 2. Indeed, each paid plan comes with 1 power user, but you can invite as many as you wish. They will become chargeable when they start using Ahrefs. 3. We don't scrap emails, so we can't help with identifying who's the best person to pitch for a backlink. But we do have a video about it, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aG2f3hxDJY&t=2s&ab_channel=Ahrefs 4. As for the on-page optimizations, please use the Site Audit tool. It checks against +130 pre-defined technical and on-page SEO issues and provides further recommendations on how to fix them. Would also be interested what you mean by "point of interaction can be drowsy". Could you elaborate, please? Thank you!

Sarfaraz
Sarfaraz
SEO Manager in India
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Best Competitor Analysis and Backlink Checker

Comments: My overall experience with Ahrefs has been exceptional. The wide range of features and data points available have enabled me to gain valuable insights into various aspects of my business and competitors in the market. The intuitive user interface and scalability allow me to easily run reports that accurately reflect my current position. In addition, I appreciate their attentive customer service representatives who are quick to answer questions or provide help when needed. Ultimately, having access to such an effective research platform like Ahrefs is a great asset for any organization looking to stay ahead in an ever-changing industry.

Pros:

After researching a variety of SEO tools, I decided to give Ahrefs a try. I have been very pleased with its intuitive design and wide range of powerful features. Of all the features, I like their competitor's backlinks research tool the most; it is highly accurate and user-friendly. Not only can I use their extensive list but also filter them down by search volume, competition levels, etc. This feature has saved me countless hours in trying to narrow down relevant backlinks for any given project. I would highly recommend Ahrefs to anyone serious about optimizing their website for engagement and ranking well on search engines.

Cons:

Working with Ahrefs was an overall positive experience, although I found the cost to be quite high in comparison to other SEO tools of similar effectiveness. Although I understand that Ahrefs is a reliable, feature-rich tool, I am looking for something more pocket-friendly as I often work with a limited budget. It would be great if Ahrefs could come up with some more affordable plans or features so that smaller businesses like mine are able to take full advantage of their suite of offerings.

2 years ago

Thank you for the extensive review, Sarfaraz! :) For more affordable tools, try out Ahrefs Webmaster Tools. This is our free plan, which gives you access to Site Explorer and Site Audit for all your verified projects: https://ahrefs.com/webmaster-tools We also have a hub of free tools: https://ahrefs.com/free-seo-tools They might be limited, but help you hit the ground running. Be sure to check them out!

Shahin
Founder in UK

Ahrefs terminated our Legacy Plan

Pros:

Ahrefs has been a reliable tool for us, particularly when it comes to backlink data and keyword research tools. The user experience is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy for us to navigate and gather valuable insights. Over the years, we have consistently recommended Ahrefs to our clients, and it has been instrumental in helping us analyze trends in the digital landscape. However, we've recently encountered a significant drawback with their new credit system. This change in pricing and usage structure has made it untenable for us to continue using and recommending Ahrefs to our clients. As a result, both our clients and ourselves are in the process of transitioning to alternative solutions that better align with our needs and budget constraints. While Ahrefs has served us well in the past, this recent change has unfortunately prompted us to seek alternatives.

Cons:

Until just a few days ago, I had been a loyal user of Ahrefs for over a decade. However, I recently encountered a sudden and unexpected issue with the platform. Out of the blue, we received a message notifying us that our legacy plan was being terminated due to excessive usage. What made this situation even more frustrating was the absence of any prior usage warnings. It felt like a sudden and unpleasant surprise, and the lack of proactive communication from Ahrefs didn't help. Setting aside the cost implications, I believe that if someone from the Ahrefs team had taken the time to reach out and guide us through transitioning to a new plan, we might have been more willing to cooperate. Instead, all we received was an email informing us of the termination of our plan. In addition to this disappointing experience, there were a few other issues that we had encountered while using Ahrefs: The traffic numbers and estimates provided by the platform often proved to be wildly inaccurate. Backlink data was inconsistent, sometimes showing lost links and found links without a clear pattern. Ranking data obtained from scraped SERPs consistently diverged from the data in Google Search Console (GSC) or real live Google searches. Overall, our experience with Ahrefs left much to be desired, primarily due to the abrupt termination of our plan and the lack of reliable data accuracy. We hope that Ahrefs can improve its customer service and data quality in the future.

8 months ago

Hi Shahin, We're sorry that we had to discontinue your Legacy plan. Please believe that this decision was not taken lightly. We have not updated our pricing for Legacy users in 9 years. During that time, we have added significant functionality to our product, technological costs have increased, and the internet has become significantly larger, requiring more resources to crawl. Unfortunately, all of this means we can no longer support the pricing and limits of Legacy accounts with significant usage. But we fully agree we could have communicated all of this in a better way. We sincerely apologize for making you feel like you haven't been a valued customer. Please don't hesitate to reach out via our private community or at [email protected] if you have additional questions or would like further clarification. Thank you for being a long-term Ahrefs user, and again, we sincerely apologize that we can't continue with your Legacy account and for the misstep in communication.

Markus
Founder in Italy
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Good, but the new Price Model is to criticize

Comments: Finally I am satisfied with the Tool and its features itself, but in the last Weeks for several Times some Bugs and also the "new" Pricing Model satisfy me not really.

Pros:

Ahrefs deliver finally all necessary Elements to set up a good and efficient SEO Strategy. If it is about Tools to analyze and / or Tools for Improvement - everything is available

Cons:

Biggest Point of Critic is - the Pricing Model. Every Modul cost extra, what can make this Tool finally extremely expensive. 2nd Point of Critic ist this Payment Rule of "used" Rows per Month. Here you have within your "Pack" a Limit and if you pass this Limit you have to pay with the next Invoice more as maybe expected. Ok - you can set in the Settings a Limit, but this is something you have to know. If not >> Trap!

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback, Markus :) And apologies for the inconveniences caused by downtimes. However, when reports do not load successfully (during downtimes), no reports per month are consumed. This is a failsafe we put in regarding the usage of your subscription. As for the "Pay as you go" pricing, we're sorry it's not working for you. For Ahrefs, in general, it allows us to keep prices lower for light users while people who use and benefit from service more pay more. We have listed all our additional fees on our Pricing page (https://ahrefs.com/pricing) so users are fully aware of what would cost additional pay-as-you-go charges. Apart from that, we also have a special page under Account Settings > Limits and Usage, where you can monitor your account's limits and data usage at any time. Besides, you are also able to check your report usage in real-time from our Report Usage counter (at the top of the page next to the Account's name). Hope this helps!

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Amazing if you can afford it

Comments: I would be lost without this tool, i use it every day and its become critical to my work

Pros:

Ahrefs is a top choice for keyword research and competitor analysis and only really compares to Semrush. Other products are cheaper but are nowhere near as detailed. While the price is too much for a lot of people, if you can afford it it will make that money back on traffic to your website. You'll also save time and be able to pinpoint keywords instead of guessing.

Cons:

The only con is the price. I really can't come up with anything too negative to say about this product.

2 years ago

Thank you for the kind words! ^^

Monica
Monica
Dott.ssa in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Alternative to Semrush!

Comments: I will continue use Ahrefs with most of my client's projects for its simplicity of use and quick and intuitive user interface, and great email alert service.

Pros:

The inspection tools. They grant me a great view of what i need to fix on my website, and i find it more clear than Google Page Speed and google Console.

Cons:

Some of the most interesting tools are paid ones, without the chance to try them in a limited way or with a trial.

8 months ago

Hi Monica, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Ahrefs! We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying our inspection tools. Thanks again!

Khushbu
SEO Executive in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Tool for Backlink Profile Analysis

Pros:

I find Ahrefs useful for analyzing the backlink profile of the competitors. It is handy for link building and link intersection. There are many other useful features as well that makes it a full suite of SEO tools from domain analysis to keyword research.

Cons:

The keyword research tool does not provide any detailed info like other tools such as Ubersuggest and Semrush.

2 years ago

Kudos Khusbu! Would you mind telling us what detailed info other tools provide that we don't - please? In the meantime, please note that we have unique metrics that you won't find in any other keyword research tools, such as: - Traffic potential (shows you the traffic you'd get if you were to rank on position #1) - Parent topic (shows whether it's possible to rank for a broader keyword) In terms of unique keyword features, you can also benefit from: - Keyword ideas reports (Also rank for, Also talk about, Traffic share by page/domain) - SERP comparison tool (to compare the search intent of two different keywords) - Position and ad history Should you have further questions or want to locate the above features, don't hesitate to write us at [email protected] :)