15 years helping Canadian businesses

About nTask

nTask is an online project management platform, known for pioneering simplified work management.

Learn more about nTask

Pros:

It is very easy to use, with a simple user interface, and it easily integrated with some of our systems without much hassle.

Cons:

Customer support was so so. But then, one day after about 3 months of use more or less, and many hours spent populating my workspaces in the the software, all my information disappeared.

nTask ratings

4.0

7.4/10

nTask has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 107 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used nTask before?

Pawaris
Manager in Netherlands
Entertainment, 51–200 Employees

Review The Game Box BV

Comments: 9/10

Pros:

The ease of use, and the fact that you can use it so remote.

Cons:

The sorting options sometimes seem buggy.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Pawaris. Your feedback is much appreciated and we are working on improving nTask to better help our customers increase productivity. Keep connected for updates!

Kim
Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

An affordable and lovely software.

Comments: Overall my experience was delightful and positive. Ntask had just enough to meet our needs and expectations.
It's suitable for beginners or smaller businesses as well. It is affordable and still up to par on quality.
Ntask helped us improve our overall business and particularly helped our office run smoother and stay organized. It is an effective task management software (note there is a difference between task management and project management).

Pros:

I really enjoyed being able to try out the free version before purchasing the paid version! The free version will actually get the job done if you can't or don't want to purchase the paid version. I like that multiple views are offered. I like that all the necessary task management features are available and functional. Ntask has meeting management, kanban board, Gantt chart, etc. For the most part ntask is delightful! It's simple overall but in a good way that increases ease of use. It's not cluttered with things that some businesses may not need. It's easy to use with slack which is another huge plus!

Cons:

The free version does not feature a kanban board which was very disappointing for me as it is one of my absolute favorite tools. Ntask can be slightly difficult to use at times because some things require so many steps and clicks. I would've liked better privacy setting options as well and better privacy all around.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Kim. So happy to see that nTask fits for your team. We are working on improving our usability and privacy features stay connected for updates!

Melissa
Instructional Coach in US
E-Learning, 201–500 Employees

Nice product but poor service

Comments: We really liked the program but the customer service is very poor.

Pros:

Love the program and ease of use. We were really hoping to use this as our management system.

Cons:

We purchased a paid subscription but our account never switched to paid. We tried to contact someone about it but you can only communicate through email. The issue was never resolved after multiple attempts. In the end we just wasted our money.

2 years ago

Thanks for leaving a review, Melissa. I am sorry to hear that you were not catered to by our team. We have live chat built into the app and you can connect with us at any time. As for your issue I apologize for the poor service and would appreciate it if you can connect with us so we can change your experience with nTask.

Tichaona Redemptor
Chief information officer in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

The most secure data software

Comments: nTask is still a powerful and affordable project management tool that offers many benefits and features for individuals and teams.

Pros:

Collaboration Tools is another feature that I like about nTask

Cons:

The free version of nTask is very restricted in terms of features and storage. It only allows up to 5 members, 100 MB storage, 2 projects, and 5 tasks per project.

Lindsey
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

NTask is a great project management tool!

Comments: I really enjoy using nTask. It helps me keep my team on task and it makes it easy for me to share documents. It also integrates with Slack, which I haven't had time to utilize, but I love that it's an option!

Pros:

I love that NTask is an easy to navigate tool for project management. I use it to keep my small team in the know about upcoming projects and to assign them tasks. It's really a hidden jewel because you can take advantage of most of the features for free, and it offers many of the same functions as larger and much more expensive project management tools.

Cons:

The only thing that isn't as user-friendly about nTask is the ability to attach documents and photos. It'd be great to be able to see the visuals right in the project window, but this isn't an available feature at the moment. Other than that, it works great for a small team!

5 years ago

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Todd
Manager in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Overall Good Product

Comments: Overall I like it. There are just a few things I would change, but it has helped our organization stayed more organized and track progress on tasks.

Pros:

I like the ease of creating new tasks and organizing each task in different categories. I also like the notifications that are sent each time a task is modified and/or a comment is entered.

Cons:

There are a few little glitchy things I don't care for. First of all, you cannot simply cut and paste images into the description or comments in a task. It becomes a bit tedious to have to save a screenshot, and then upload it each time. Also, when entering comments as a reply, if you try to use the built in spell check, the comment is erased. This also happens if you go to a different window to look at something and come back. Anything you type in is erased. I also wish there was a setting that would sync the order of the Board view for all Users. We wanted to use this to prioritize tasks very specifically, but each User sees there own board.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Todd. Your feedback is much appreciated and we are working on improving nTask to better help our customers increase productivity. We will be sure to consider the points raised by you and work on introducing them to the software. Keep connected for updates!

Business Owner in UK

nTask Review 202207

Pros:

The product was stable (can be used on the web and the app). Support was readily available and there was regular release of new features.

Cons:

Needs robust features like, risk logs, rich task reporting especially if billing is task based and improved integration with other office tools.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, John. Your feedback is much appreciated we will be working on these features soon, stay connected for updates!

Eric
Mut in Mexico
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Meet Your Baller's BFF!

Comments: I tried out nTask for a free trial and It made my life a little bit easier. I'm just waiting to I get my next check so I can buy it.

Pros:

Not time consuming. Easy didn't work with. Affordable. Essential for time management. Help you manage your time better. It's great for people that multitask and have a lot to do.

Cons:

It's not free. That's about it. Seriously.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Eric. Don't forget to schedule your free onboarding call to get the most out of your subscription. Happy nTasking!

Melissa
Research Manager in UK
Research, 11–50 Employees

Intuitive and multi use tracker

Comments: Learning the time spent on projects has helped us hugely with time management.

Pros:

I like that you can deep dive on your tasks, track parts of projects and also track your time spent on particular projects.

Cons:

It took a little to get used to the functionality when we upgraded, but the customer service agents are very helpful and there to answer any questions.

2 years ago

Thank you for the awesome review, Melissa. As always, we are available if you need more help with nTask.

Carlos
Carlos
Consultor Administrativo in Venezuela
Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Find practicality in this great task manager

Comments: I started using it to help me get through the day with my tasks and activities, then I was assigned two big projects and realized that I could use it with my work team. I asked them to install it and configure it to work projects through it, at first some seemed exceptional, only the time of use showed the amazing things you can achieve, we integrated and took us to another level of work and communication, we were fast but efficient at the same time, it was a very pleasant experience to use and that's why we made it recurrent in our catalog of productive tools and work.

Pros:

Administers and manages tasks from the service in the integrated cloud, provides all the functions necessary to achieve effective collaborative work with the rest of the team, such as assign tasks, monitors the progress of all, manages documents, schedules meetings and tasks that are recurrent, defines risks and manages the budget of each project according to plan.

Cons:

Every aspect of this application has made me move towards productivity, I can't think of anything bad to mention about it.

Eugenio
Marketing Coordinator in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Not Happy.

Comments: This Was not practical. The "App" was not that great. I wasted my money

Pros:

Some what appealing at first. Seemed to be easy.

Cons:

UI. When I went to the paid version, I lost all of my info. I had to reinput

2 years ago

Hi Eugenio Thanks for leaving your feedback. We are disappointed to see that nTask did not work out for you. If and ever you decide to try nTask again, we will be more than happy to walk you through the whole software to try and make your experience better.

Dianna
Dianna
Founder in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Simple task software

Pros:

If you are already familiar with steps needed for task management then this software will be a good fit for you. I also like the risk assessment feature. The quotes are cool too.

Cons:

I wish there were templates to get me started

Lola
creative director in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Budget Friendly Project Management Software

Pros:

nTask is much more affordable than some other well known project management softwares, which makes it ideal for freelancers and small businesses on a modest budget. My favourite nTask feature is Boards - a fun, visual way of arranging task progress at a glance. Unless you're a big enterprise with very complex moving parts, most of us will do perfectly fine with nTask!

Cons:

I find nTask Gantt chart functionality a bit clunky to use, too many clicks to accomplish simple edits. But that tends to be the case with other project management softwares I've tried too.

6 months ago

Thanks for the great review – we are releasing a revamped Gantt Chart very soon and that will make things a whole lot easier. We appreciate your patience and hope you love it!

Andres
Social Media in Mexico
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Nice alternative for task management

Pros:

· Practical and easy to use · Nice integration · Good price/quality

Cons:

· It can be better in the graphic interface

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Andres. We are working on improving the UI, stay connected with us for updates!

Kevin
Executive Director in US
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

A nice starter home

Comments: Good basic features, but could be improved by providing project managers a better understanding of time spent and costs on a project or task level.

Pros:

Organization of projects and tasks are very intuitive, timesheeting is also a breeze.

Cons:

Trying to get a grasp of cost centers and details on time spent by project or task is not available.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Kevin. Your requirements can be achieved through custom reports we would suggest you get in touch with our team and they can get this report tailor-made for you. You can do that via the in-app chat or by sending an email to [email protected]

Horatiu
Manager in Romania
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Very useful applicarion

Comments: Very useful and help us a lot in our work!

Pros:

Me and my team can use very easy this application, we can take care about everything, we can manage all the issues and make better our products!

Cons:

I like all the features of this software!

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Horatiu!

Alex
Marketing Director in Pakistan

Fully Loaded Project and Task Management Tool

Comments: This is really an excellent application based on cloud for managing remote teams and agency clients. This comes in least cost for an online tool starting at $1/month.

Pros:

This is one of the best task management tool I found so far in least cost. Here are the features I love the most: -Forever FREE plan -File attachment -Gantt Charts -Team Collaboration -Integrations

Cons:

They have improved a lot from the last release. I think now those weaknesses are their main selling point.

4 years ago

Thank you Alex for sharing love with nTask.

Brian
Owner in US
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Excellent cost effective project managment tool

Comments: Ntask has helped our team manage our order flow more effeciently than we ever have.

Pros:

The visual aspect of the Board feature.

Cons:

Minor details like how the screen is moved horizontally and vertically.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Brian. Your feedback helps us improve our UI and we have noted it. Thanks for being an nTask user!

Vladimir
Cto in Italy
Alternative Medicine, 51–200 Employees

Too chaotic

Pros:

Nothing special. Just yet another task manager

Cons:

The tool is very chaotic. It's team management and permission are behind it's competitors. Price is high.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Vladmir. Apologies that you find the tool to be chaotic, might we suggest getting on a call with us so we can understand it better and help you make the best out of nTask? Please email [email protected] to schedule the call anytime.

Jolie
Podcaster in US
Broadcast Media, Self Employed

nTask is a great alternative to expensive project management tools

Comments: My overall experience has been positive. nTask does what I need, and keeps me organized without having to purchase more expensive software like Asana.

Pros:

As a team of one, I needed a free version of project and task management software to be able to track my podcast tasks, so I opted for the free version of nTask. I found that it did all that I needed to get the job done, and I couldn't argue with the price of the free version.

Cons:

Sometimes ordering and dating tasks is a little tricky or takes a while to save.

2 years ago

Thank you for the review, Jolie. We are working on performance enhancements and will be rolling out updates soon, stay connected for updates!

Nick
Senior Developer in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

Great Service

Pros:

Easy to track and view all tasks that are being worked on. Also very easy to track hours

Cons:

I sometimes try creating a new task and it looks like it gets created but it does not actually get created as when I try updating the task I get a "task does not exist" Error. I believe this is maybe an issue where only certain individuals inside a given workspace can create new tasks but it does not say that when I try to create the task.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Nick. What you are describing seems to be a bug, we have opened a ticket for it. You can also report bugs to us directly by emailing [email protected]

Andrew
President in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

nTask review

Comments: Overall it's been a good experience.

Pros:

Its easy to use adn deploy with our team

Cons:

There are a few times when I am not able to tell where a project stands.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Andrew. Happy to see that nTask is a good fit for your team. About your query, can you send us an email to elaborate on what you mean? We would love to help and get some feedback to improve the product. Please write to us at [email protected] and we can talk.

Rebecca
Rebecca
owner in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Helps us stay on the same page without clogging the inbox.

Comments: I like how it keeps our wholesale orders organized.

Pros:

The post-it note style task board is easy to focus on and inhibits project overwhelm.

Cons:

I've had issues with editing the project description when I didn't make the task but I imagine that is a permission issue.

2 years ago

Thanks for the awesome review, Rebecca. You can always chat with our support agents for clarity on features. Happy nTasking!

Alexander Vaugn
Student in Philippines
Education Management, Self Employed

NTask is a program that I recommend to all businesses or small jobs that require critical management

Comments: NTask really helped me organize my work and keep track of my deadlines and progress. I would very much recommend this to anyone who are struggling with work management.

Pros:

This product is very user friendly and is very easy to get used too once you get this on your hands. Managing my tasks and organizing them was very easy accompanied with a lot of useful tools.

Cons:

This software haven't shown any flaw or whatsoever in helping me with my task.

2 years ago

Thank you for the awesome review, Alexander. More features are to come very soon. Stay connected for updates!

uzair
Personal Trainer in Pakistan
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

BEST PROJECT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE

Pros:

Use of percentages and reminders by app make it very effective.

Cons:

They can work on the interface to make look more engaging.