About Rippling

Rippling lets you easily manage your US and global employees’ payroll, benefits, expenses, devices, apps, and more—in one place.

Learn more about Rippling

Pros:

VERY clear and functional. I appreciate that when it comes to managing my money and healthcare.

Cons:

I was surprised to find out that we were working with the head of the implementation team because of how poor our experience was.

Rippling ratings

4.9
4.8
4.9
4.8

9.6/10

Rippling has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 2,151 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Rippling before?

Filter reviews (2,149)

CEO in US
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

Great step up from Quickbooks Online Payroll

Comments: It makes it easier to hire employees, run payroll on time everytime, deal with the payroll taxes and fillings, and do basic management of employee laptops.

Pros:

We purchased this after getting frustrated with Intuit's online payroll and there being errors and the customer service being useless. In comparison the customer service at Rippling has been amazing, the onboarding was smooth - I was assigned a dedicated onboarding rep who met on Zoom with me to custom-tune the software to my needs. I love that this makes onboarding easy with workflows - collecting t-shirt size, upload profile photo, eSign contracts and training, etc. All the stuff a large company would do for under $2000 per year for a company of 10 people. It is a great value. Also the MDM of company laptops is great.

Cons:

No MDM for mobile phones and Windows clients can be buggy, no Okta SSO integration, and support can take a day or two to get back to you sometimes. Honestly not many cons; the software is great for the price.

Alternatives Considered: Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Intuit has awful customer service, and their product would randomly quit running payroll and require a verification that would take sometimes 1-2 weeks. It messed up our direct deposit schedule and I had to fly back early from vacation once to get manual checks printed. Never had an issue with Rippling.

Switched From: QuickBooks Payroll and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: It was cheaper and more geared towards small under 50 user businesses.

Executive in US
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

A lot to like, but if you need payroll be wary

Comments: As I mentioned, on the HR side of things, it is fairly easy to use Rippling. Payroll has its positives, until something goes wrong and then it is the worst nightmare and time suck that you will experience with a payroll software. As you can tell I am pretty frustrated. This isn't my first time that I have searched for other alternatives. I am considering other options at this point. Somehow the last five times I went through this they came through in the end but not before exhausting me, their customer and my accountant. It's not fun to rack up bills fixing the mistakes for software that I am paying for. If I change it will be to one of the payroll services with phone support.

Pros:

Rippling on the whole is fairly easy to use and employee friendly, until you get to payroll.

Cons:

The customer support setup is dreadful. Again, the people are nice, but the way it is handled is not acceptable for payroll. Payroll needs to have phone support as it is a time sensitive issue. I have been through all their growing pains, and feel like I should be compensated for debugging their software. They brought taxes in house and now several tax forms are late, again! There is no transparency with your payroll taxes or payments. I reached out to my account representative and his email address is no longer valid. ARGH. The inability to ever reach them via phone is a huge negative and the email support ticketing system is ridiculous if you have payroll questions. Also several of my open issues were never resolved, and they were over a broad range of issues involving payroll, pto, and insurance, yet they closed all the tickets. Again, promises promises on anything that isn't working correctly. The funding may be rolling in for Mr. Conrad, but they are losing grasp of the basics, as well as the items that used to function properly. At some point the reviews will not be so kind if this continues. If they resolve customer support I would be a much happier customer.

Joseph
Senior Software Engineer in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees

From a Users Perspective

Comments: Rippling has by far been the smoothest experience I've had handling my benefits, payroll, onboarding, etc. Login and password requirements are sensible, Multi-factor-auth is available and encouraged, activities/actions users can take are clearly labeled and easy to find, and once you, say, click into payroll, it's fairly obvious how to do what you need. Rippling is quite comprehensive in it's scope, and it's execution is stellar. Unlike similar platforms I won't name, none of it feels slapped together or like someone didn't want to pay for extra feature X so there's a big gap in the program. I've quite enjoyed it. It has its issues, like it's telemetry and it's reliance on Chrome. however, neither of these are dealbreakers, imo. The telemetry is clearly centered around user interface interaction, which no doubt is how they've made their UI/UX so intuitive. My primary concern as a user of this software is that should a company go all in on rippling, that I'd be tracked by my employer without my consent with that telemetry down the line.

Pros:

- Clear and intuitive UI/UX - Informative Context Everywhere -- Benefits onboarding was well laid out and easy to compare options -- Paystub breakdowns and explanations are awesome -- User profiles actually helpful - Orgchart Just Works. - Healthcare management is easy.

Cons:

- Reliance on Chrome: I've noticed some site features don't behave quite right unless I use a Chrome based browser, and their Employee Home product only works as a Chrome extension, there's no site-based experience for it that I've found. So if you aren't a chrome user, you have to install and keep open an extra browser if you want to take advantage of that without migrating from your current preferred browser. - Site bloat. Initial load of their site is takes 4-5 seconds on my gigabit internet, and clicking around the site results in multiple 5-10 second load times. It can feel unbearable waiting for a page that's just text to load. And then if I inspect the page, A single page of text took over 12 megabytes (post compression) to load. - Tracking/Security. Rippling makes a call back home with what appears to be quite detailed telemetry every 3 seconds, sending not just mouse events like clicking, but the specific place on the page you clicked, hovered, or even scrolled to. Not to mention logging everything you type, every field you type it in. And there's no obvious way to disable this. This in of itself is a security problem for me. One solace is that this tracking is well implemented. Secure forms that should not be tracked are not logged over the wire. However, everything else seems to be.

Sherine
VP & Chief Business Officer in US
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

Comments: I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros:

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons:

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though. I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Alternatives Considered: Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: I wanted to have software app integration and control of Onboarding checklists and Termination access checklists, without relying on memory, or excel, or some other way of knowing who has access to what. It was a big security change for the company.

Switched From: Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Paycom is robust, but I researched the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I saw the benefits of understanding HR and IT together. I felt the platform of Rippling was easier as well, but it offered more features than Paycom, and still gives you the choice of integrating with 3rd party apps if you don't want to choose Rippilng's for any reason. Paycom didn't do that. You have to use their apps.

Brock
HR Manager in US
Animation, 11-50 Employees

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Comments: Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros:

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons:

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Alternatives Considered: Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Switched From: Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.

Alysha
Head of People Operations in US
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees

I am excited to implement Rippling !

Comments: From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros:

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons:

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Alternatives Considered: Gusto, ADP Workforce Now and Namely

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: The customer support at Paychex is segregated so you have to call a different numbers for every issue, which consumes a great deal of time. The platform is also not very customizable, especially for the price. Lastly, as a new administrator for the platform, it was like pulling teeth to get training and information about what package our company signed up for as well as the pricing breakdown.

Switched From: Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Rippling's platform was the most user friendly as customizable. Rippling also offered us an all-in-one platform at great price. I am very satisfied with the platform so far and would recommend it highly!

Ryan
Chief Product Officer in US

Unique vision, powerful platform, excellent service

Comments: We were looking for a one stop shop to manage employee lifecycle (onboarding, management, offboarding) without having to have dedicated IT resources or disrupt our valuable engineers to carry out basic tasks like account provisioning and laptop configuration. While most HR platforms handle the basics of payroll and benefits, Rippling was unique in its approach to solving the IT side of the equation without having to build custom workflows or write a whole lot of scripts. Overall, Rippling delivers on their vision and is backed by a great team of onboarding and success managers to ensure that everything runs smoothly and our employees are taken care of.

Pros:

Rippling was intuitive and easy to get up and running. Setup was self guided with helpful information to ensure that we maintain compliance with federal and state regulations. The initial load of employee data took little to no time and other than a couple of employees who struggled to upload their photos, I didn't have to assist anyone in setting up their profile, completing necessary documents, or setting up their bank account for payroll. Similar to onboarding employees for payroll, the benefits onboarding experience was straightforward, enabling us to rollout medical, dental, vision, and 401K all in one shot. From here, it's time to get the IT side of the house in order, and we're excited to have an integrated experience that not only handles traditional HR onboarding, but also ensure that new employees arrive on day one ready to work, with a laptop and all their necessary software and SaaS accounts provisioned.

Cons:

The overall application navigation was a little clumsy when we were first onboarded, lacking a breadcrumb menu experience that meant you had to return to the home screen to move between areas of the platform. That said, Rippling was highly responsive to feedback, and over the subsequent weeks rolled out revisions to their overall user experience that represent a significant improvement in moving between various areas of the platform. Outside of that, there are a couple of areas I'd like to see improved. The first is to provide support for basic time entry, enabling contractors or hourly workers to log their time. This doesn't need to be fancy as there are dedicated offerings for companies that require advanced capabilities, but something as simple as hours per day would suffice. On top of that, it would be nice to provide a payroll calendar that is accessible to employees. Right now I can access the calendar as an admin, but perhaps make that available to everyone in the company.

Alternatives Considered: Gusto and Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Completeness of vision and breadth of capabilities. Gusto was P2 in the end, and while the overall product UI is more compelling, the IT management capabilities of Rippling (while coming in at a price premium) pushed them ahead.

Derrick
Derrick
Director, Team Development & People in US

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Comments: Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros:

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons:

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Alternatives Considered: Namely, Justworks and TriNet Hire

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.

Lindsey
Controller in US
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

Best HR Tool I've Used

Comments: My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros:

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations! Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT. The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons:

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Alternatives Considered: Namely, Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Our Company grew really quickly in 2019 and Quickbooks couldn't keep up.

Switched From: Quickbooks Online

Antoinette
Director of HR & Financial Administration in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Great Overall Business Product

Comments: Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros:

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons:

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Alternatives Considered: Gusto and Namely

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Pricing, overall customer service, and health insurance reps

Switched From: Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.

Douglas
VP Finance in US

Rippling is a must have

Comments: Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros:

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons:

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Alternatives Considered: Gusto, Namely, BambooHR and TriNet

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: ADP really has one offering -- payroll -- and they are awful at it. I'm still baffled at how a company can be so incompetent at the one thing they do...and also grow to the size they have.

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Forward thinking on app integrations and great user interface

3 years ago

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Founder & CEO in US
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

Great product, friendly service

Comments: Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros:

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons:

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Alternatives Considered: Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: I ran into a number of issues where Zenefits support was slow to respond, then inflexible and unhelpful. In the end even my request to cancel Zenefits was ignored so long that it passed my renewal date and they tried to force me to pay for another year's service. It's a little strange that two companies founded by the same person could have such different service values. Glad I'm with Rippling.

Switched From: Zenefits

Letha
HR & Operation Manager in US
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros:

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons:

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Alternatives Considered: Gusto, myStaffingPro and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

3 years ago

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

CEO in US
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Comments: Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll.
Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros:

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons:

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Alternatives Considered: Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Additional integrations and more customized options. Computer security and software provisioning. Gusto was great for simple payroll but Rippling blew them away with the rest of the services.

Switched From: Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Really came down to having a system set up employees on everything from one single platform that connects to EVERYTHING we use. Salesforce logins, phone system set up, computer security and purchasing, adobe, MS and tons more. Super smart business model and clean easy to use software that kept getting better every week we looked at it.

3 years ago

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

IT Support Specialist in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Rippling makes my life easier

Comments: Rippling streamlined our onboard / offboarding process, making it very easy for various tasks to be assigned to the people that need to take care of them. This makes it a lot easier, from an IT perspective, to know we've got everything done for onboarding or offboarding - it rendered my physical checklists obsolete! It also, from a user standpoint, gives me comfort knowing all of my HR related information is just a click or 3 away.

Pros:

From a user standpoint, Rippling is excellent - it has all of my HR related items conveniently located & easy to access. Payroll, benefits (including insurance details - no more worrying about losing my card!) and PTO all centrally located. From an IT standpoint - as someone who has SOME admin types of access to Rippling, but not full access - it is great to have a central location from which I can pull employee details like title, location and direct reports / who each person reports to. It allows me to keep that same data in sync across multiple systems, using Rippling as the "HR Confirmed" data source. I also love the two-factor authentication requirement. I turn that on anywhere it's an option for me!

Cons:

I, personally, have no issues with Rippling at all. There's isn't a "likes least" I could offer. I don't know the costs, but we have a very cost-aware management team so I am sure it is competitively priced. I didn't have to get involved in the setup or implementation, but do know that the team that did work through that didn't run into any serious obstacles, and was able to get quick support to any questions they had.

Mike
Manager in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros:

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons:

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Payroll, Gusto, Zenefits, OneLogin and RUN Powered by ADP

Switched From: Paylocity

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: WAY more integrated

Christine
Chief People Officer in Canada

Robust and easy to use

Pros:

Rippling is very easy to use and has many features that help to get all your administrative work done fast and accurately. I like how managers are also given the capacity to pull their own team reports vs relying on HR to provide them with reporting data.

Cons:

Adding new hires into Rippling throughout the year does not automatically add the prorata vacation days into their profile - you need to manually add that data.

Alternatives Considered: bob and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: We outgrew the simple features on Collage (which I adopted when I joined my current company) and needed something more robust in order to scale. So glad with our choice.

Switched From: Collage HR

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Rippling took care of our US payroll (we have US and Canadian employees) and their were plenty of add on features that we could select which Rippling provided.

HR People Partner in US
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees

Streamlines Everything!

Pros:

I am a Rippling admin for 3 companies that I work as an independent contractor for. Ripplings ease of use is top tier and it makes HRIS/Payroll/Benefits Management so incredibly easy. I've gone through 2 different implementations and each has gone off with little to no roadblocks.

Cons:

I used to dislike a few aspects of the employee profile, but changes have been rolled out and those issues have largely been resolved.

Alternatives Considered: Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: I was looking to make a switch to a product that had more integrations, reliable / easy to use reporting, and streamlined Onboarding and Benefits Management. I wanted an all-in-one system.

Switched From: Paycom

Zack
Marketing Manager in US
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees

A Great Source for Managing Employee Itineraries and Processes

Comments: Like all new software implementation, it took a little time to learn the nuances of Rippling, familiarize myself with how to use it best for my approach with navigating my day-to-day tasks/goals. Once I felt like I had it down, though, it's been an extremely helpful source in ensuring that the backend needs/requirements for my department are covered.

Pros:

Rippling takes away most of the work/headaches of needing to keep track of where I'm at with developing the employees in my department. It sends an email each day allowing me to prepare the employee schedule for that day - even that week - in regards to trainings, meetings, etc. It entails easy access to time-off scheduling and management. Recently, our office underwent open enrollment for various insurances, and Rippling made that process very streamlined and simple. I've yet to utilize some of the more in-depth HR features, but I'm sure they're great.

Cons:

There are times when I'd like for the software to be a little more user-friendly, such as giving more detail why certain requests can't be processed (related to time-off submissions). And it'd be better if there were a little more freedom in editing due dates for employee-events (like reviews). This might be possible, but I haven't been able to do so.

Matt
Founder & CEO in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Pros:

Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons:

I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Looking for something that was a platform and integrated more than just pay.

Switched From: SurePayroll

Nicholas
Business Developer in US
Translation & Localization, 2-10 Employees

Rippling for Small Business

Comments: I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros:

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons:

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

HR Director in US
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees

The most effective HR software I have ever utilized!

Pros:

We hire hundreds of seasonal employees for short seasonal contracts 5 times/year. Rippling allows me to onboard and offboard employees in around 1 minute (no joke). I have taken a multi-day task and, with Rippling, have reduced it to a couple of hours. The ease, simplicity, and customizable nature of Rippling allow me to take the guess work out of offer letters, NDA's, 8850's, and I9. Rippling works with and connects to ALL of the software that we use for day to day employee managment such as our timecard system, GSuite, ShippingEasy, etc.

Cons:

I honestly do not have a single complaint. Rippling is constantly updating and improving.

Yashovardhan
Researcher in India
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

One of the best employee management platform

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I have been using Rippling for several months now and overall, I am very pleased with the platform. It has helped me to streamline HR processes and keep employee data organized. The mobile app is also very handy for employees who need to view their HR information while away from the office. Overall, I would highly recommend Rippling to any business that is looking for a comprehensive employee management platform.

Pros:

There are many things that I like about Rippling, but the thing that I like the most is that it is a complete employee management platform. It has everything that you need to manage your employees, from hiring to tracking their time off.

Cons:

The least liked thing about Rippling was the lack of specific features for tracking employee productivity.

Alternatives Considered: Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: Paychex was unable to provide us with a report listing all previous payroll dates and the amounts for each employee. They also would not provide us with an export of our W2 history. Rippling was able to meet both of those needs within 2 business days.

Switched From: Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Since Rippling is easy to use and has more features

Brian
Head of IT in US

System Consolidation

Comments: Employee onboarding and offboarding is greatly optimized. Rippling will enable accounts in a number of our other systems (email, IM, time tracking, cloud hosting and other SAAS services) and also de-activate them when the employee leaves. We are ending up with a single location for IT and HR services and employee enablement.

Pros:

The consolidation of HR, IDP, MDM, password management, anti-virus and more in a single system. Not only does this do SAML/SCIM they have built out integrations with a number of SAAS applications that can control account creation, removal and permissions.

Cons:

MDM has some feature limitations compared to the other major players and also still has some bugs. The lack of push authentication for 2FA slows down the daily logon. No integrated MAC OS login (although one is supposed to be coming).

Nathan
Owner in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Best Payroll Service

Pros:

Integrations. Rippling will integrated with the most important 3rd parties to make the HR of your company simple. The integration with benefit providers make this worth every penny. The set up and implementation of the benefits is too easy. I recently set up medical insurance and it was too easy.

Cons:

If you want customer support you have to look at a help center/ forum instead of calling a live person. I haven't really needed to use it, but normally it is frustrating when I want to get something resolved quickly and I can't talk to anyone. With that being said, anytime I haven't been able to figure something out or needed support, I have emailed my rep that helped me set up my system and he was quick to respond and help me get what I needed.

Alternatives Considered: Gusto and ADP Comprehensive Services

Reasons for Choosing Rippling: I wanted a payroll service that had more HR integrations and simplied the process of onboarding and offboarding.

Switched From: Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Rippling: Cost, 3rd Party Integrations, overall look of the system and ease of use.