Givebutter Reviews

4.9 (98) Write a Review!

About Givebutter

Givebutter is a free fundraising platform bringing together everything changemakers need to successfully raise funds for good causes.

Learn more about Givebutter

Pros:

What I love most about Givebutter is that the fee is small. I am able to raise money for my causes without having to dish over an arm and a leg to keep some of the donations.

Cons:

Had trouble at first with adding the video but it ended up working out.

Givebutter ratings

4.8
4.9
4.7
5.0

9.6/10

Givebutter has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 98 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Givebutter before?

Christopher
Christopher
Founder & Chief Adventurer in U.S.
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees

The Best Site to Fundraise

Comments: Givebutter is easily accessible, customer friendly, effective, transparent about their minimal fees, and the best site to fundraise, hands down, no questions asked. I used to fundraise on other platforms, but I will now always stick to Givebutter after having a continued remarkable​ experience with the company. I'm very thankful that I discovered this site, and it has saved me a great amount of time & energy with my fundraisers. I've also seen a spike in my crowdfunding success by​ using this company.

Pros:

I most like the new ticketing feature for events because I plan to directly use Givebutter for a future project where there will be both crowdfunding for the tour and ticket sales for each event along our stops. Givebutter is a simple and brilliant solution for all of your fundraising needs, and this ticket feature is an example that shows how accessible, practical, and user-friendly the site is. I love how all these tools will be centered in one platform, and that helps me out tremendously.

Cons:

There are very few things that I don't like about Givebutter. As the company evolves, there are better and better additions to the givebutter.com site. I definitely can't complain about the software because I've had such an easy and fun time using this fundraising platform.

Vice President of Advancement & Strategic Initiatives in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 51-200 Employees

Great benefit and easy to use platform with lots of room to grow

Comments: We have been greatly satisfied with Givebutter. The zero fees and complete data transparency have put us in the drivers seat with our online fundraising initiatives. Using Givebutter has dramatically increased our online fundraising potential. We are eager to keep this product in our arsenal of tools in the work ahead of us.

Pros:

Givebutter is easy to use, has lots of great features, and gives you control over your data. It also doesn't require a barge or boatload of cash to get started. Givebutter has a great team of specialists ready and willing to help you through your initial configuration as well as your ongoing work with the platform.

Cons:

There are no drawbacks. We are eager to see what new features Givebutter continues to implement to make its communication with other platforms common in the space as seamless and easy as its current complement of offerings. We are also eager to see FORM applications grow so we can retired other solutions we have entirely. We are working hard to earn enough annual dollars to afford custom URLS and the giving hub. Two great features we are eager to implement as WE grow.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, Michael! We're beyond thrilled you found working with our team an added benefit to using Givebutter. Our support team is always available to take feature requests; or click the question mark in the top right corner of your Dashboard, then Give Feedback.

Kelly
Student in U.S.
Staffing & Recruiting, 10,000+ Employees

My review

Pros:

It's very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons:

Not much. Everything is great about this.

Mary
Special Projects Coordinator in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Excellent for non-profits of all tech-skill levels to offer modern virtual fundraising events

Comments: We created our account in 2020 and it solved the immediate critical need of reaching supporters for our fundraising events amidst a pandemic. Because of Givebutter, we had an immediate and headache-free solution that allowed us to raise almost $40K so far. Also, we are an agency with many different programs, each of which manage their own unique fundraising campaigns and have their own unique needs. Givebutter offers three different types of fundraising campaigns, which allowed each of our Programs to run the type of campaign they needed.

Pros:

It has a clean and simple user interface, which required very little training time as I onboarded new Users from our staff. Their support team is very responsive and knowledgeable, and help to guide us through all of our questions. Their organization has a customer-centric focus, and is designed to receive and adapt based of their user feedback. We also really liked its ability to integrate with our CRM.

Cons:

Currently they do not offer an online auction function (silent or live), but this feature is in development and anticipated this year. We also did not like the Tips feature, which if activated removed their platform fees. Essentially, if you leave the Tip feature on then at checkout it provides the donor with the option to also tip Givebutter. We felt that this was confusing to our donors, who may not understand what Givebutter is, and that those funds would not be included as part of their gift to our organization. We would instead prefer to have a flat platform fee, but realize this probably means they would make less money. Also, the integration with our CRM was limited in terms of what data migrated where. We hope to see that change, so more information can be captured via Givebutter and automatically synced into our CRM.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Mary! We're so glad to read your entire team can use Givebutter with ease. Thank you for sharing all your functionality needs, too! If you haven't already, please reach out to support so we can be sure any feature requests are documented, or you can visit our Feature Request portal on our Community page.

Kim
Development Manager in U.S.

User-friendly and always evolving

Comments: It has been great. The customer service team is understanding and quick to respond. If there's something I ask for that isn't an option, they will add it to their list of requests and usually get to it in about 6 months or so depending on how popular of a request it is. I can't wait to see what they come out with next.

Pros:

Love that it is easy to use for admins and donors. The Givebutter team is so open to feedback and makes frequent updates that help us fulfill our need better

Cons:

They automatically add a 5% tip to every donation unless you opt to turn it off, in which case you would absorb the cost as an organization. It's definitely the more feasible choice to have it turned on, but beware if your donors don't notice it, they might come back to you very unhappy...

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Kim! And please keep your feedback coming. We love to turn requests into new features! Your thoughts on the transparency of tips are appreciated! As always, the support team is available to collect feedback you have about the donor experience.

Board Member in U.S.
Libraries, 11-50 Employees

GiveButter makes fundraising for non-profits easy and user-friendly

Comments: The group I am a part of doesn't have a lot of tech-savvy members. being able to use an intuitive platform like GiveButter makes it feasible and easy for us to fundraise at all types of events. QR codes, campaign URLs, and text-do-donate have all changed who we can reach and how.

Pros:

GiveButter campaigns are so easy to set up; they let you duplicate a previous campaign and amend as necessary. It's intuitive and you can always view what your campaign looks like at any step of the way.

Cons:

Some of the user interface seems busy and it's not always clear which areas of the page I should be giving attention to. But I do always figure it out in the end, and by looking at everything I find out more about GiveButter's functionality.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! We love hearing that your entire team finds Givebutter intuitive to use. Our team is always here to guide you when you're unsure what to do next, and we love to collect feedback about the Givebutter interface. Chat with us anytime!

Angelica
Event Director and Annual Gifts Manager in U.S.

Great Customer Service!

Comments: Being able to continue our fundraising efforts in a virtual format during the pandemic has been incredible. It has opened our eyes to the benefits of this channel of fundraising and we will likely continue implementing it into our annual fundraising efforts.

Pros:

We absolutely loved the donor wall, as did those donating to our cause. We did a follow-up survey after our first campaign hosted by GiveButter and this was voted as the favorite feature of our campaign by our constituents.

Cons:

There is an ease of use about this software which makes it easy to build onto. Some features that could be improved upon would be the ability to align photos and text (content) better, to be able to track site visitors, and being able to order/remove information at the top of the page prior to seeing the story. That said, Givebutter is great about accepting recommendations and has made many upgrades simply by user suggestion, which is an awesome customer service attribute!

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Angelica! We're glad to have provided what you needed to pivot to virtual fundraising. We look forward to supporting you for years to come (post-pandemic!)

Kasi
Development Officer in U.S.

Streamlined and Wonderful Peer-to-Peer Fundraising

Comments: We love using Givebutter. It is much more efficient than our previous peer-to-peer product and saves us time, energy, and resources that we are then able to allocate to other aspects of our fundraising efforts.

Pros:

The integration with Bloomerang, our donor database, is the most helpful part of this product. In addition, it is easy to use both on the backend as an administrator and as a participant/user/donor. The website is clean, modern, and beautiful looking. We love the ease at which people can sign up and donate on Givebutter.

Cons:

The fees can be a bit high, in comparison with sending donors directly to our website, however we have found that we are able to get more donors and a higher average donation through Givebutter, so the positives outweigh the negatives.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Kasi! We're thrilled that Givebutter complements working with Bloomerang so well for you, and that you're seeing higher than average donations. We look forward to supporting you for years to come!

Keely
Director of Operations in U.S.

We LOVE Givebutter!

Comments: Givebutter has a great support team and takes feedback very seriously. We are very happy with the product and actively look for new ways to use it!

Pros:

We love that it integrates with our donor software (Bloomerang) and it can be embedded into our website. It is so much easier for us to work with when we know that it's working alongside our already implemented softwares!

Cons:

We wish disbursements would match the donations as they are logged into our donor software. It creates a little bit of accounting issues because the deposit date doesn't match the donation date, but we work around that.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Keely! We love hearing that the Bloomerang integration is helping to make fundraising for United Leukodystrophy Foundation easier. We have a feature request for mapping split payments (the ability to differentiate between earned revenue, donations, and applicable fees). I'll subscribe you, so you're notified of updates!

Kerry
Director in U.S.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Givebutter Gives Better!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Givebutter has been a pleasant experience, without any hassles.

Pros:

Its user friendly capabilities for the nonprofit, the option for fees or not, easy for donors to use, payouts are seamless, their demo videos.

Cons:

Would like to see an online auction capability.

Alisa
Alisa
CFO in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Brilliant Platform and Super Easy

Comments: GiveButter has been a terrific solution for our organization. With GiveButter we solved the problem of not having a donor-centric online giving platform that takes all the modern payment methods. The benefits have been that we can increase our donor engagement and allow our fundraisers to share our story in an easy and effective way.

Pros:

GiveButter was incredibly streamlined to get going with. It works perfectly, and has all the features we need: peer-to-peer fundraising; team and fundraiser performance tracking; and alternative payment methods like Venmo, digital wallets and paypal. It is easy to use both for our staff and our donors. We really like the ticketing feature and the ability to live stream events on our pages. GiveButter's imbedded tips and documentation are so easy to read and understand. They have a five-star support team. We really like the API with Double the donation for matching gifts. The most helpful thing about GiveButter is the ease of implementation. It took less than a day to learn everything we need and get set up. The biggest upside to using GiveButter is that it is a donor-centric, flawless online giving platform.

Cons:

I would like a little more ability to control how data exports - picking fields, for instance, instead of one massive export. Not a big problem though, and the data is useable for analysis and importing to the our fundraising software.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Alisa! We're so excited to read just how easy it was for you to get set up with us. If you haven't already, please reach out to support to share your needs/ideas for more exporting options or click the question mark in the top right corner of your Dashboard, then Give Feedback.

Susie
Susie
Membership Manager in U.S.
Arts & Crafts, 11-50 Employees

First foray into online giving platform--so easy to use!

Comments: We are delighted that donors can cover the cost of fees if they decide too (and we can opt to ask them to or not). I am finding it super easy to use and if I have a question, I can get an answer pretty quickly!

Pros:

GiveButter is straightforward and easy to use! It's also flexible in that you can start out using it for fee (aside from fees). I like that we can set up easily new campaigns and track donations to them. The customer support is great and very responsive (even without the premium account). It has allowed our organization to try out text to give without investing in a contract and we have been using it for our regular donations as well because it's so easy and we can ask donors to cover the fees if they want (and most of them do!).

Cons:

Where you make changes to your campaign/settings-- isn't super intuitive to me (I hunt around on where to find what I need to tweak). If the payout history could get provide detailed reports that would help out accounting (it's in the works, I believe?)

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Susie! We do have more payout data for accounting purposes in the works! We'll be sure you're subscribed to updates in our feature request portal. We look forward to supporting you for years to come!

Rhea
Community Engagement Manager in U.S.

A Great Switch

Comments: We have been very pleased with Givebutter and their openness to update/upgrade their platform based on feature requests of the non-profit users.

Pros:

The user interface with Givebutter is much better than the previous online donation form we were using. We like that it is a step-by-step click through opposed to a long form to fill out. Having the ability to run an online donation and an event page in the same system is helpful to our team to not have to learn two different types of platforms.

Cons:

Givebutter promotes itself to be free to the non-profit, and the donor pays the platform fees. We would like to be able to choose to pay a monthly price to pay some of the platform fees on our own (as we know it is part of doing business) instead of passing them on to the donor every time.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Rhea! We love reading that donors are finding your new donation form easier and more enjoyable to use. We appreciate you letting us know your preferences about platform fees, too. We can certainly take this into consideration!

Jyl
Event Coordinator in U.S.
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees

A Dream Come True

Pros:

The integration into our Bloomerang database has save us COUNTLESS hours of donation entry. I was thrilled to find it SO user friendly. It looks great. People love it. The customer service is EXCELLENT.

Cons:

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it!

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Jyl! We love reading that you're able to work with Bloomerang + Givebutter seamlessly. We look forward to supporting the Cancer Resource Center of the Finger Lakes for years to come!

Deborah
Program Administrator in U.S.

Easy To Use/Low Overhead

Comments: We had to change the way we were accepting online donations due to a change in what our parent organization was requiring in terms of security documentation. And, we needed to do it very quickly. GiveButter was able to provide the necessary documentation we needed for the "higher ups" and was very easy for me to get set-up and working.

Pros:

Love how easy it was to create and implement an online donation campaign.

Cons:

No disappointments at this stage, but we have only used it for accepting online donations.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Deborah! We're glad to hear our security practices fit your organization's high-security needs. The feedback about our response times is much appreciated, too. We can review the conversation timelines to be sure we were able to implement improvements based on the experience supporting your team.

Terrance
Development Manager in U.S.

Givebutter is the best.

Comments: Our virtual events are so much better with Givebutter!!

Pros:

Givebutter has been been a game-changer for our virtual fundraising events. You can live stream, set up a campaign in minutes and the social proof feature makes it so fun to give. Their customer support is also excellent -- quick, friendly, and personable.

Cons:

I do wish they integrated with the Kindful CRM but they integrate with other CRMs which is great. Fortunately, they made the data transfer process very easy.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Terrance! We love reading that your virtual events are "butter" with us. We do have an integration with Kindful logged as a feature request, and I'll subscribe you to updates!

Daphne
President in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Givebutter is the best way to raise money

Comments: My overall experience has been so positive from day one. I feel that the customer service is above and beyond excellent and I couldn't imagine having a better team to help me raise money.

Pros:

Givebutter is the best way to raise money, hands down. Not only is the platform easy-to-use but it has many useful tools for fundraisers and their teams. It is easy for anyone to migrate their fundraising to this platform. Givebutter does a fantastic job at getting the community involved and having donors feel like they are connected with other interested donors. The social media platforms for sharing are seamless. I recommend Givebutter to everyone who I meet that fundraises.

Cons:

Givebutter is working on integrations with Salesforce and we can't wait for this to happen!

STNA in U.S.
Fund-Raising, 51-200 Employees

Everyone should use Givebutter!

Comments: I would highly recommend Givebutter to anyone looking for an easy to use and engaging fundraising platform. It's especially great for college student organizations. My student organization has used Givebutter since the beginning and we have seen them continue making updates and improvements to make it even better. PFTK loves Givebutter!

Pros:

Givebutter is an easy to use platform that is fun and engaging, especially for college students. What first drew us to Givebutter was that they keep fees super low, which isn't found on any other platforms. We also love the team fundraising option and your members can even personalize their page. The new event feature for selling tickets is a plus. They also have excellent customer service! The team really makes it personal and you can always get in touch in a timely manner.

Cons:

I can't think of any. They are always making improvements. The Givebutter team is very open to feeback and will do everything they can to make your experience better.

Zienab
Director in U.S.

The BEST Donation Platform

Pros:

I love everything about Givebutter. They do not charge unreasonable rates on donations, features like ticket purchasing are very convenient, and the staff is AMAZING and very receptive to feedback.

Cons:

Absolutely nothing upsets me about Givebutter. They really are concerned with costumer satisfaction and try to work alongside nonprofits, rather than against them.

Lindsey
Lindsey
Director of member services in U.S.

Super easy to use

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use and how quickly you can get campaigns up and running.

Cons:

The reporting by campaigns. I wish there were individual reports for each campaign within the larger one.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Lindsey! We love reading that you find Givebutter a snap to set up. We'd love to hear more about your reporting needs. If you haven't already, please reach out to support so we can log a feature request for you, or visit our feature request portal on our Community site.

AUTUMN
PTSA President in U.S.
Education Management, Self Employed

Great Customer service

Comments: The thing that impressed me the most was customer service. The day I set up my account, I recieved an email to set up a call with a customer service rep to make sure I knew how to use the platform. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], my customer service agent, was extremely helpful. I completely recommend GiveButter.

Pros:

This platform is so much easier to use than other platforms my PTSA has tried. And the customer service was absolutely amazing.

Cons:

There wasn't anything I didn't like. I'm completely happy.

Marie
Coordinator of Students for Haiti Solidarity in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

A great platform for donor engagement

Pros:

I love that this software allows donors to interact with the fundraisers they're supporting. You can view donors' reasoning for donating to a cause and donors have the option of supporting a specific team member they might be connected to. Givebutter also has amazing customer service - if I ever reach out with a question, Max provides a quick and valuable response.

Cons:

Honestly, I haven't identified something that I don't like about Givebutter's software. I'm happy that fundraisers' urls now reflect the name of the campaign rather than a random assortment of numbers and letters. That was a great change!

Graduate Student in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Platform!

Comments: Givebutter allowed for me to raise money for my club to ensure than finances would not be a barrier for a student to play on a club team. We greatly appreciated the platform and recommend it to anyone looking to raise funds for a good cause!

Pros:

I love how the platform is more interactive than a GoFundMe page. That and they take only a very small percentage of the proceeds, unlike the bigger pages. I also really like the Givebutter crew, they are easy to work with.

Cons:

There were some issued when I was trying to transfer the money back to the cause. It was a bit confusing to figure out how to access the raised money. I did a fundraiser about 2 years ago though, so it might have improved since then.

Jeanine
Board Member in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

For the price, you can't beat it!

Comments: Overall, we had a great experience with Givebutter. If you a small nonprofit and watching your pennies, give them a try.

Pros:

The price--we used the free version, so we can't complain and the customer service--they have fantastic customer service!

Cons:

It is difficult to customize GiveButter's events at this time. They are growing their offerings and I really hate to complain about a free service.

Kyle
President & Founder in U.S.

Easy, Simple, and Intutitive

Pros:

Very simple to use, great user interface, and the staff are unmatched in their customer support!

Cons:

If we could have an easier way to track event tickets and do check-in that would be great! But their support team is always adding new ideas and is always asking for suggestions to improve the software.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Kyle! We love hearing that Givebutter is saving you time AND money. If you haven't already, please reach out to support to share your needs/ideas for better event ticket tracking, or click the question mark in the top right corner of your Dashboard, then Give Feedback.