PayPal Zettle Reviews

4.6 (1,982) Write a Review!

About PayPal Zettle

Accept card and contactless payments in person with our selection of chip, tap, and swipe readers and accessories.

Learn more about PayPal Zettle

Pros:

Lots of great features and integrates well with website or even email links etc. I can create sales buttons for my site or links for payment within seconds.

Cons:

There was no major features of this software that I disliked.

PayPal Zettle ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

PayPal Zettle has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,982 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PayPal Zettle before?

Filter reviews (1,982)

Tama
Treasurer/Secretary in US
Veterinary Software, 11-50 Employees

Perfect for small to medium businesses

Comments: We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount is a simple two-click process, and it goes through quickly for the customer. Payments go through quickly, as do transfers to our business checking account. For me as the treasurer, the fact that the PayPal Here transactions go into our "standard" PayPal account is great. I can use the reports as generated by PayPal or download transactions to Excel or into QuickBooks to merge them into the overall reporting for the board. They're clearly marked so I know which are from PayPal Here vs. the donation button on our website so that I can correctly categorize the income quickly.

Pros:

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons:

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

Kevin
Factory Worker in US
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

Comments: They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner. I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros:

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and for a person who doesn't and has never had a credit card it is the best option for me. You can also use PayPal to send and receive money to your friends as long as they have their own PayPal account as well. This has come in handy for me personally many times when I was at a loss of what to gift those hard to shop for friends during the Christmas holiday season. By sending them cash through PayPal, I knew that they would be able to pick out their own gift online and very often on sale.

Cons:

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Joshua
Joshua
Retail, Self Employed

Quickest Way to Accept Payment with Cards

Comments: PayPal Here makes it super simple to accept payment from my customers. I like that it's linked directly to my PayPal account and that funds are available immediately. Before I started using PayPal Here, I would have customers ask to Cash.app me funds or send them via Venmo. The downside to this was that it wasn't necessarily professional and I had to wait for funds to be transferred to my bank account.

Pros:

PayPal Here is by far the quickest way to accept payment from customers with credit/debit cards. I'm particularly referring to the speed in which funds are available for spending. It's very simple to swipe the customer's card or enter their payment information and then almost instantly have access to those funds. I the earlier days of PayPal Here, I was one of the fortunate people that received a free card reader. This came in handy as all I had to do was plug it into my iPad and simply swipe the customer's card. The app is somewhat customizable, too. For example, you can specify whether or not you want to require a customer's signature for certain purchase amounts. Also, the app integrates with PayPal Inventory Management as an added convenience if desired.

Cons:

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the fact that I am charged a higher percentage on the fee if I manually input the customer's credit/debit card information as opposed to just swiping their card. Sometimes I feel that this is an unfair thing - especially in cases where the customer's card is not properly reading when swiped in the card reader. Lastly, PayPal no longer provides free card readers (unless you're a new user). So, if you need a new, updated card reader you'll have to pay for it.

Mary
President/Owner in US

PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center

Comments: Witn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.

Pros:

I have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly, what if there's a glitch and I can't get my money. Well, this is one easy app to use and, at least from my experience, seems like something customers want. It makes paying much easier, adds it to my Paypal account and, at least with me, eliminates any need for a regular merchant account. My experience has also shown that the money goes right into my account and if there is a question about a charge that shows up on a customer's statement(usually it's someone who doesn't know that the name of my company.I use Paypal here at a lot of vintage and artists markets), Paypal quickly fixes the problem. I love the product and, like Paypal itself, has served me well over the years. I have looked at other payment options, but, at this point, I'm staying with Paypal here!

Cons:

There really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.

Instructor in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

PayPal Here Review

Comments: My overall experience is great with PayPal Here, I like the software because it is very convenient and I can charge the customer credit card anywhere as long as I have a smartphone and the fee is decent because it is not too expensive but it is also not too cheap either.

Pros:

The software is extremely easy to use and the device that is used with the software is also easy to use. What I love most about the software is it is available on any mobile device and I can easily take payment anywhere on the go.

Cons:

The one thing I like least about the software is, there is no ability to upload pictures of a product you are selling to the software. The software only accepts a name for each product.

Obrian
Surveyor in US
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees

PayPal zettle I love it

Comments: My over experience with PayPal zettle is great it is simple one of the best out there which is great PayPal is always innovative I love it

Pros:

What I love about mostly about PayPal zettle is that to me the revolutionized the point of sale business which I know others giant company are big man, I’m not new to using PayPal services over the many years I’ve been a PayPal user but what PayPal did with zettle is next level where I don’t necessarily have to have excellent internet connections to take payments I can do over simple mobile internet and the transactions are always a success, PayPal put in a lot of work into it and I love it…

Cons:

What I don’t like with it which could be just a software issue is that something it just disconnect from my phone off its own which is a bit annoying but it takes seconds to reconnect so it can work around probably a software update can if it and sometimes the card payment fails like 1 or 2 but it never goes over the third retry so I think those can be fix with an update they are minor but if it happens in a rush it can be a big deal but some problems

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
Senior Executive in Malaysia
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Very convenient in making payment

Comments: PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros:

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons:

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

Fabian
Civil Engineer in Ecuador
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Get rid of ties and tortuous banking procedures, just use PayPal Zettle

Comments: The experience with PayPal Zettle SoftWare has been satisfactory, we have increased our sales and expanded our field of action, time, economic and human resources have been optimized, it has been a magnificent investment since with it many inconveniences that we had with it have been solved. the recession caused by the Covid19 pandemic, with this tool we have fulfilled our sales program without any problem.

Pros:

It is worth the investment of this tool, it is an easy-to-use system, it allows you to have an inventory control with photographic history or barcode or as you best decide, in addition to having your income secure without counting on the cumbersome methods of the traditional financial systems to carry out your transactions, saving time and money, you can customize the processes in an orderly manner at the time of billing, the most important thing is that you have control all the time in each process, you have the support and technical backing of the service of attention to the client of the creators of this important SoftWare, that take care of all the needs and doubts of their clients. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Cons:

If we start to analyze this system in relation to others with similar characteristics and functionality, the PayPal Zettle SoftWare has certain things that do not even reach the point of disqualification, the inconveniences that arise are solved with a brief chat with the customer service and it is solved immediately, it is what we have verified in our company.

Anthony
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Payment processing pretty much anywhere

Comments: I have been PayPal as a payment processor for a long, long time, before the card reader accessories were branded "PayPal Here". First and foremost is funds accessibility; if you obtain the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds way faster than many other processors. I've also found the fees to be in line with or better than the competitors. Furthermore, if you use the Debit card for purchases, you can "recover" some of the fees you were charged. Also, flat fees for all cards, whereas other either didn't accept certain cards or charged more for them). Lastly, PayPal has the best and easiest dispute resolution of any processor I've used, hands down. (For both sides)

Pros:

Ease of use, speed of funds access, fees, well known and respected name, supported payment methods, and sometimes customer support, dispute resolution

Cons:

Sometimes, customer support is lacking (roll the dice?), and the "rebate" program on the Debit card changing over the years (less reward)

Elizabeth
Owner in
Retail, 11-50 Employees

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Comments: Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros:

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons:

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Lorena
Lorena
Editora in Venezuela

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Comments: Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros:

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business. And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons:

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time. The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

Ashley
Ashley
OWNER/CEO in US
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees

LOVE AT FIRST PAYMENT! LOL LITERALLY.

Comments: AS I STATED BEFORE, "I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO)." IT MAKES OWNING A BUSINESS EASIER AND HELPS YOU FEEL LIKE A BOSS WITH CONFIDENCE.

Pros:

EASY SIGN UP, PAYPAL IS WELL KNOWN AND USED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO).

Cons:

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. NO CONS! WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

Designer in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Easy to use and easy to set up

Comments: Really pleased with it. I'm still find cool things that I can do.

Pros:

I needed to find a new card reader as my previous one had died. As I have a paypal business account I wanted one which will link direct with my account without having to set up a new payment system. The software and reader links straight to my shopify account so that I could use the card reader to link to my iPad and set up a POS at the mobile shows I attend. It brought in my entire inventory from shopify. The software is easy to use and allows easy data to be accessed from the software dashboard showing sales by timeperiods and even go into each transaction to granular levels. You can also refund card transactions from within the software. you can trigger your payments out to be daily, weekly or monthly to your designated account.

Cons:

Note that the reader is really sensitive so do not put your phone close to the reader when entering in payment details or you can trigger apple pay ... yes, I accidentally paid for an order and had to refund it to myself (which was really easy in the software).

Jennifer

Great for POS

Pros:

I like that it’s easy to use and has excellent reports

Cons:

The only thing that I wish PayPal here would do is work with a PC computer

Coty
Coty
CEO in US
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

Comments: The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros:

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons:

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Jessica
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Paypal Here Makes Running A Businees So Easy

Comments: I have been able to successful run and online business with Paypal here. I can do all my purchases, transfers, invoices, and payments. It has made running a bussiness easy and enjoyable! I highly recommend for anyone is who is branching out and starting their own bussiness.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use. Plus they offer so many different products for you to be able to accept payments from customers. Also, the invoicing feature is amazing!

Cons:

The only thing I wish it had was when I use my business debit card it had a fraud alert. I think you should be able to set up an amount and any ourchses over that alerts you sonyou can approve or decline the purchase. With this being a bussiness account I wanna make sure everything is as protected as possible.

Frank
Business Mgr. in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Very Helpful to a Small Business

Comments: We run an online auction and have 50 people a week coming to pick up their items. Some can pay with cash but in this day and age offering another option is critical. We do not accept checks but PayPal is a great tool for our customers.

Pros:

The ability to receive funds without the worry of waiting for them to clear or become NSF. I receive an instant notification when funds are received from a customer.

Cons:

The fees to receive funds should be a tad bit lower. I understand there is no subscription for the product I am using so there does need to be some type of revenue for the app, but as a small business these funds can quickly eat into our profit margin.

Harley
Construction, 2-10 Employees

My "Go To" Billing System

Comments: Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Pros:

Extremely user friendly. I use it exclusively for my companies billing as I provide service work and when paid through PayPal it automatically shows invoices marked paid. Recent loan program is also utilized and easy to use. Just set the percentage of money you want to have credited to loan and it is seamless. Never have to schedule a payment

Cons:

It would be nice if cost were to be lowered for extensive usage as percentage can add up quickly, it seems the cost should be capped or percentage lowered the more utilized

Conciliator in UK
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees

If you sell, trade or freelance, you need PayPal

Comments: Good!

Pros:

The most important thing about PayPal Here App is that it’s easy to set up! A quick download, register your account and link it to your bank account which doubles as your verification process enables you to start collecting payments as fast as possible! If you take debit/credit card payments then you can’t do without PayPal! I sell goods in store and online, so having a POS that is scaleable across various platforms is extremely important for my business. Once payment is received, it’s easy to figure out the source, the amount and your total balance on account in one window! The App is available across several platforms, whether it’s a tablet, iPhone or android!

Cons:

Cons per the App is that moving money to your linked bank account is not automated, as you have to manually move the amount to your designated bank account unless you use a PayPal card. Also, getting customer support is not pretty straightforward and getting someone to talk to is near impossible due to the difficulty in getting hold of the number. It’s however easy to send a mail.

Jonathan
Manager in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

PayPal Here? Good, or Bad?

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal Here has been quite pleasant, however with everything there is always slight problems.

Pros:

What I like most about this software? I like how simple it is, I like how its designed-looks very clean and sleek, I like that I can add smaller accounts onto my account for employees, and make it so they have limited access to certain parts of the app (financials, reports, etc.)

Cons:

I dislike the loading time and lag this software has every once in awhile.. Or the minimal bugs that appear.. But once again, few and in between.

Maikel
Manager in Canada
Automotive, Self Employed

Safe but costy

Comments: Since I have started Papal, I always had great experience, its safe, reliable and secure: The 3 words when you deal with clients and money. customer service is understanding and reliable. PayPal offers more ways to connect with them than the traditional banks. Also, the fact that you get a code for each "situation" you have it facilites the exchange of information. With PayPal you can general many kind of reports, something that normal bank account dont all have.

Pros:

At the time of Covid, we are always looking for new ways to keep transactions cashless. This new feature with Paypal gives me, as a seller, a new way to get paid. It is great to have this add on for my business because many clients rely on Paypal for their purchases/sells. Not Paypal is becoming more centralised for all my sells. Also clients appreciate it because they have all their favorite methods of payment under same same application. It replaces the old fashion "apple wallet or google pay"

Cons:

The cost of this feature is expensive to the seller. If we compare it to other debit/credit cards terminal on the market, it costs more.

Bruno
Bruno
Ingeniero Electromecanico in Peru
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees

The best service to buy and sell safely and quickly.

Comments: Now we are providing services to our clients who are foreigners, they pay us through this platform safely, quickly and with low commissions. The benefits offered by Paypal Zettle are security, speed, trust, privacy. The important thing is that anyone who is starting their business can use this tool.

Pros:

This tool is very good and above all safe, it allows you to pay for purchases abroad quickly and safely. It gives you all the benefits and charges you a small commission accessible to everyone. The tool is easy to use, as simple as creating an account and starting to manage your payments and expenses. The tool has been easy to integrate as we use it on a daily basis for our foreign clients who pay us for the service we provide.

Cons:

Paypal Zettle is going excellent, so far I am satisfied with all the payments and purchases I have made. The tool is easy to use in all its aspects, the integration to our business processes has been very well accepted by our clients, since it is easier to process payments for both our clients and my company.

NURSE in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

PAYPAL PROS AND CONS

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal, the anxiety over online shopping is taking away because i know my money is protected and it makes my online shopping and earning effortless,
but,with that said I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer money,without being charged on both ends.
would definitely recommend this site to anyone who shops online or conducts their businesses online.
PayPal has to remember some of us were not born with a cell phone,some of us had black and white 2 channels tv's with rabbit ears for static.

Pros:

VERY EASY TO SET UP ONCE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO.WHEN THERE IS A DEPOSIT IN YOUR ACCOUNT,YOU ARE NOTIFIED IMMEDIATELYTHEY DO NOT HASSLE YOU AT ALL. YOUR MONEY IS SAFE AND ITS A FANTASTIC APP FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME AND HAVE A SECURE WAY OF IT BEING PROTECTED MORE SO IF YOU ARE DOING ONLINE SHOPPING,IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE YOUR PRODUCT IN A REASONABLE TIME FRAME THEY TAKE ACTION TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK,BECAUSE THEY SECURE YOUR MONEY AND I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO SAY ' BETTER THAN SOME WELL KNOWN BANKS".

Cons:

AH,CONS.THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH PAYPAL IS TRYING TO TRANSFER MONEY TO OTHER CARD OR EVEN BACK TO MY OWN PRIMARY BANK ACCOUNT THAT I HAVE LINKED PAYPAL WITH. THIS SITE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME AS BIG AS OTHER NATIONAL BANKS,ONCE THEY DECIDE TO MAKE IT MORE COMFORTABLE FOR THE GENERATION THAT WAS NOT BORN INTO THE COMPUTER ERA.

Owner/Headmaster in US

We use this exclusively for credit card payments in our bakery

Comments: I am able to take payments anywhere as I can run them through my cell phone, and I don't have to pay an outrageous monthly payment for the "privilege" of using a dedicated credit card processing system. PLUS the money appears in my account immediately so I can use it right away if I need to.

Pros:

I have been a Paypal user for 14 years and trust them. I like that the PayPal Here app allows me to take payments on my cell phone (or other mobile device) anywhere. I use this to accept credit card payments at my bakery and also for my other businesses as well. Unlike other mobile payment apps, the money appears in my account immediately (thanks, Paypal!) so I can use it that day to purchase supplies or whatever I need. And I'm not spending an arm and a leg each month for a credit card processing system.

Cons:

The pros so greatly outweigh any possible cons that I can't really think of any. I suppose it is a bit of an annoyance to pay extra to key in a credit card that won't swipe correctly, but really it's just a petty annoyance, not really a con.

Silvanus
Silvanus
Distributor Management System Administrator in Nigeria
Dairy, 501-1,000 Employees

PAY & RECEIVE MONEY ROUND THE WORLD

Comments: on a general note, PayPal is proven to worth the trust given so far.
Absolutely no regret has been recorded and i will recommend PayPal over and and over many other online money channeling merchants.
you can trust my word for it

Pros:

Using PayPal has given a whole lot of advantages to remote job people to receive money easily for their services anytime Receiving money via PayPal does not have any unnecessary hidden charges or exorbitant tax payable compared to many similar online merchants

Cons:

The restrictions placed on some developing countries need to be reconsidered as it happens that these people constitute a huge population of user that PayPal could take advantage of The Verification processes of Business entities registering for a business account with PayPal need to be more detailed so as to safeguard users money and dealings