Google Cloud Reviews

4.7 (1,461) Write a Review!

About Google Cloud

Cloud-based service that allows you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications for businesses of all sizes.

Learn more about Google Cloud

Google Cloud ratings

4.4
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.7/10

Google Cloud has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,461 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Cloud before?

Filter reviews (1,461)

Bleu
Bleu
desiner in Morocco
Design, Self Employed

my review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: For myself, I recommend this platform, Google Platform, as it is one of the best platforms. From my experience, there is a wide range of operating systems, as well as the advantage of easy uploading a file to it.

Pros:

I see that it is the application of the future. I like the feature of accessing data using different devices. Also, Google Cloud Platform It is credible as well as very secure with our database and respects our privacy well. This is really an honorable thing

Cons:

Well, from my point of view, I see that the cost of data transmission is high in GCP, and the second point in migrations of vms is kind of complicated. and the app take a loot of space

Zuber
Senior Devops Engineer in Sweden
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Ease of working with GCP

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall experience is good. It continuously improving itself. So I feel good about its future.

Pros:

1. It is easy to work on. 2. UI is great 3. New features are rolled out quickly and can be accessible in beta as well 4. Good support process

Cons:

1. Few features cost a lot. I mean a lot 2. Log router is costly 3. auto increase storage in db doesn't come back when not in use. Also no manual decrease.

Lindsey Dunning
Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Very helpful!!!

Comments: We use this platform a lot with our new restaurant. It’s very easy to use.

Pros:

We love this to use as a team sharing platform. It’s functionality is perfect for us and easy to use even if you are completely computer illiterate

Cons:

It’s lags a lot in performance and the lag time when trying to type on the documents is really REALLY frustrating.

Orianne
Orianne
Specialist Marketing in Spain
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Enhanced AI and K8 features facilitate the development of the latest applications

Comments: All data processing can be completed by accessing the cloud platform from a web browser. The ability to work seamlessly with Google Earth Engine. Even if you do not have a high-specification machine at hand, you can perform various data processing you want by operating the cloud from your browser. Because you can directly run analysis algorithms, such as machine learning, linking with various Earth Engine data. By using GKE, we no longer needed to operate our Kubernetes cluster and could now focus on application development. As a result, we were able to concentrate on developing services that could deliver more value, contributing to the speed and quality of application releases.

Pros:

I think the Kubernetes cloud service is very easy to use, partly because it is provided by Google, which developed Kubernetes. We also have a full range of AI services, and by combining them with Google AI, we can offer AI services seamlessly, which helps improve the added value of our services.

Cons:

The web browser interface is constantly changing. When the system is updated, it also changes the menu display, etc., so it can be a bit confusing. There is no problem with the data processing itself, but sometimes the response at the first stage of access from the browser seems a bit slow.

Anurag
Anurag
Associate Manager in India
Accounting Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

One place where you can stay with your documentation

Comments: Best one to collaborate with team members

Pros:

You can place and write content in document and share within the organization in real time.

Cons:

Same cell should not edit if someone already using to edit

Licensing Coordinator in UK
Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to access, simple to use

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I'd recommend Google Cloud to anyone who needs a simple to use system for business needs that aren't necessarily all that simple themselves. It's easy to use, but not limited in its options.

Pros:

Google Cloud is that perfect balance between easy to use and complex enough to resolve the majority of workplace needs. We're able to manage and share files internally, and also share relevant files externally in a secure manner. The folder and drive structure are precisely what we need for arrange our documents.

Cons:

There are occasionally times when it can feel a little bit clunky when moving or sharing files, often with small views of menus. These occasions are few and fare between in our line of work, and don't prevent us from achieving what we want to do, only slowing us down slightly.

Mohammad Rabiul
Mohammad Rabiul
Freelancer in Bangladesh

Google Cloud Platform Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have only ever had positive experiences with the cloud overall. I haven't encountered any bugs, crashes, or hacking issues. I feel in control of what happens to my data, workload, and memories and they are all safe and secure. I adore the cloud, therefore I would never convert to an other product!

Pros:

In my instance, I use a variety of cloud development tools from the Google Cloud Platform for web development. I make use of their SQL, Storage, Compute Engine, and several networking technologies. I've discovered that it's been fairly simple to get these many tools to cooperate. One of my favorite aspects of utilizing Google Cloud is how simple it is to start up extra tools, set up distinct operating environments for testing, and move "tested" environments into production.

Cons:

The only drawback to this product—which is barely a drawback—is that there are sometimes too many organizational choices. Although I am happy to have so many alternatives for managing the cloud, there are so many that it might be simple to overlook some of the tools. Other than that, I'm satisfied!

Dydouh
Dydouh
Translator/ writer in Morocco
Arts & Crafts, 51-200 Employees

GCP review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: i have been using the GCP for almost 4 years now. I have never faced any problems regarding my privacy or personal data leakage. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

- Easy access - Free usage - reasonable upgrade prices

Cons:

flexible software that you can use whenever and wherever you are. the cloud is perfectly designed AND IT IS VERY SECURE. no data leaks observed

Muhammad Mizanur
Muhammad Mizanur
CEO in Bangladesh

Best of Cloud Service

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I use the Google cloud storage often, not for any particular reason, but merely because it's convenient to use a more modern format, like gzip compression method. It is easy to set up and maintain status updates while having financial freedom. I like being able to access any file regardless of format or processor making it a flexible solution. It is convenient to have instant access to files, quickly, because Internet access speed varies. When used in writing good computer systems including desktops, web servers, or applications, gzip compression is an excellent solution for analog to digital conversion models. I use google storage to access any web page no matter how large or small. I also like that it is secure and reliable making it a flexible solution. I access it as an API which increases the flexibility in reading and writing data.

Pros:

Google's Cloud Storage is a good choice for storing files. it lets you create, store, and upload them. It is managed by Google Cloud. This service will give you access to past versions of your data. Accessibility is manageable as it is effective.

Cons:

Storage is essential, but access is crucial. Google's Cloud Storage is also offered alongside multiple cloud service options, with reliable and safe storage. Your data is safe as long as you continually change your access keys. Since access is reliable, you can still easily access your files from anywhere. More file repositories can possibly suit Google's Cloud Storage because of the well-received support.

infant
infant
Lead vmware / cloud admin in India
Media Production, 1,001-5,000 Employees

GCP Review

Comments: Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

Pros:

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

Cons:

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Melvin M
Melvin M
Information Technology Specialist in Kenya

Best Cloud Server Storage Facilities

Comments: This is the Fastest Cloud Platform for launching your Database. The integrations are dynamic and Google Cloud Servers will guild your database into success. You can integrate many softwares that help build your business.

Pros:

I used Googl Cloud To Launch My backend software (database) for my Business Website and the integration resulted to the most successful profits I've ever seen in my business history. They offer a wide range of Cloud computing and offer about $300 credit for building this system.

Cons:

You have to be willing to put in the maximal time and effort to make good business profit. Its hardwork and you have to adapt to the Cloud environment. At the end of the day I'm not complaining I prefer Google Cloud Server when it comes to Cloud Computing , you just have to be ready to work smart and hard.

Associate Solution Advisor in India
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform

Comments: Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Pros:

1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry. 2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform. 3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform: - Google Kubernetes Engine: is one of the best managed K8s engine. The availability of this tool is fabulous and configuring setting up clusters is done in minutes. Also, the performance of this service is amazing, be it in any region, across the globe. - Google Cloud Storage: Can be used for any sort of files, any format of any size is accepted. It is by far one of the best places to store your cloud workloads data and files. - Google Pub/ Sub: is basically publication/ subscription service, which is also fully managed. Provides blazing fast speed in delivering and receiving messages across this service.

Cons:

1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions. 2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

Darien
Darien
Associate Pastor in Canada
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Comments: Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Pros:

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services. On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

Cons:

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Andrew
Andrew
Clinical Data Manager in UK
Research, 51-200 Employees

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Comments: Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros:

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis. I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid. AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps. They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons:

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly. DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data. AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Michelle
Michelle
Consultant in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

Comments: True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros:

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned to test. I also like the fact that Google de facto billing procedure at the end of their free trial is to pause your service, not ding your credit card. Finally, I was impressed with the list of Always Free services that Google makes available through this service. Also, my Wordpress runs faster on this platform than I have ever seen it run besides being locally hosted. Seriously impressive. Also, think about all that time you spend trying to get your web site's info INTO GOOGLE. Well, this way, they already have it because it's in their data center!

Cons:

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you a way to use their cloud computing engine to set up a web server. You can, however, pay for higher levels of support if you need them. Also, if I hadn't watched a YouTube video specifically explaining how to get the least expensive virtual machine setup, I wouldn't have known how to do it - if you're new to VM, you're going to want to either get some advice or educate yourself a little bit in advance.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur in Mexico

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

Comments: The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

Pros:

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

Cons:

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Jay
Jay
Institute Director in US
Museums & Institutions, Self Employed

Cloud-Scale access to Google Apps, Storage, VMs, Renders, and Compute Engines

Comments: I've just started with Google Cloud Platform, bug they've been very generous in offering free small samples, trial offerings, and at that, the technology itself is inspiring, from the literature provided, and based on the descriptions. Essentially, a developer could scale an enterprise or computing task, or app at full Google thrust, at scale of course; yet it's not at all a paltry offering; significant and invaluable [previously] development tasks of an ad hoc nature are now, very simply put: offerings of tasty tidbits of modern day tech and lifestyle to-do; the results are visible, within a dedicated focused development session; connecting with the literature of the Google Cloud Platform app and the offerings therein will engender a deeper appreciation for how far Google's surfave-level apps have come, with the advent of Cloud computing and processing power, built on Google's rich foundation in logistics to carry out these tasks for the consumer, prosumer, developer, startup, and beyond.

Pros:

This software platform is much more than one single concept of software: it's the starting point for accessing all of Google's Cloud Computing services as well as the background APIs that operate at code and scripting level inside of shells and IDEs. Ostensibly, any common computer task, client, service, object, or node can be made in to a Google Cloud Platform instance, from virtual disks and machines, to process rendering, to gaining custom access to nuanced aspects of the individual Google Apps which are offered as the common App Store offering for everyone; yet as for full functionality, API access is necessary. In addition, there are very notable, special, cutting edge technologies that truly transform the concept of user interface and user experience in the context of all things Google: some of the language and visualization Cloud Platform offerings are very exciting, a heralding of a new age in computing, marketing, and IoTs to come.

Cons:

It's a vast expanse of software development to wrap one's focus about. That being said, a developer would be lucky to get some hands-on, real-world context of what the Google Cloud Platform Apps and APIs are fully capable of. There's not a whole lot to dislike; Google Developers on every Google product offering constantly update their literature and sites, co make sure that the content is presented well and that users have the means to learn by doing; going forth with the flow of context in development that pops up, from moment to moment; I suppose it [could] be more fluid, but then again, I am a common consumer developer and this is a beautiful array of modern computing leverage at my fingertips, potentially. I just have to learn to use it.

Richard
Richard
Chief Door Stop in US

Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment

Comments: I've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.

Pros:

The Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status. For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.

Cons:

My gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully. My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).

Hillary
Administrative Assistant in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

The Google Cloud is Peace of Mind

Comments: Overall, I have had only good experiences with the cloud. I haven't noticed any glitches, crashes or problems with hackers. I feel that my data, workload and memories are all safe and secure and I feel that I have control over what happens to them. I would never switch to a different product - I love the cloud!

Pros:

I really value the ease of use, peace of mind and organizational aspects of the cloud. First of all, it is incredibly easy to use and easy to teach others how to use. I have several volunteers that I work with and it isn't difficult for me to explain to them how to use the cloud. It saves me time that the product itself is accessible and understandable for people of all ages and skill level. Secondly, it provides peace of mind. When we store things on the cloud - whether they are documents, financial records, pictures, etc. we know they will always be there. We can access them from one device to another and if a device is broken or destroyed, we don't have to worry that everything on it was also destroyed. Lastly, I love how organized I can be with the cloud. Not only is it a simple design, but it's so customizable - I can organize things how I want within the cloud to make them easy to find later.

Cons:

The only downfall to this product, which is hardly a downfall, is that the options for organization are sometimes overwhelming. I am glad to have so many options for organizing the cloud, but sometimes it's easy to forget about certain tools because there are so many. Other than that, I have no complaints!

Jordan
Jordan
Marketing Analytics Specialist in US

Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics

Comments: Nothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.

Pros:

Like all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.

Cons:

Like most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.

Robson Jean
Robson Jean
CTO in Brazil

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

Comments: The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

Pros:

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments. Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine. Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

Cons:

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

Asma
Asma
Senior Manager IT in India

Google Cloud Platform is simply awesome

5.0 last month New

Comments: It is good platform to make your database secure, fast and reliable.

Pros:

It is easy to customize or configure disk based on type and size of the disk through console. The Google compute works great, from this the repository and file for store can be create with ease and maintaining and set up is this is also good. The data can be accessed from anywhere and from any device easily and quickly. The bet of Google Cloud platform is which I like most is we need to pay as per utilization or the feature we opt from this platform. Google cloud is fast, safe, and secure and optimize database as service. It give the best solution for business based on its cloud services.

Cons:

We face many problems when we are migrating our virtual machines from one zone to another. Process of migrating VM’s is bit complex and confusing one.

Eric R
Eric R
Chief Product Officer in US
Research, 2-10 Employees

Google Cloud Platform is getting better and better

Comments: I am a huge fan of Google Cloud Platform. I have been using their services for years now, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get started. They have great tutorials that walk you through the process, and they also have an excellent support team. They are always available to answer questions, and they are great at making sure you don't get stuck.While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google has done a good job of making their system more approachable through good tutorial videos.

Pros:

GCP is a powerhouse platform with a lot of flexibility and strengths. Now that they've optimized the platform to make it more understandable for non-engineers, we're using it more often since it is easy to spin up whatever you need.

Cons:

While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google had a slow start to be an approachable platform for the less tech-savvy. Even now, there are more options and switches than sometimes seem appropriate.

Patrick
Photo Editor in US
Design, 2-10 Employees

Speed Up You're Website!

Comments: I do website design and work with a lot of images and videos on customer sites so having a platform i can utilize to my the site more responsive is something my clients love as well as the visitors. lets face it, when you go to a site and it lagging you usually end up leaving and looking somewhere else and your client looses money. Having Google Cloud keeps people connected.

Pros:

Website speed is crucial of business as well as personal. With Google cloud you don't have to store those large files, video files and images all on your site which slows it down a lot. You can easily add it to google cloud and just copy and paste the links into your website so the load time of your site is improved up to about 80%.

Cons:

Google cloud offers a free version but you are limited to the amount of data and bandwidth and if you need a lot more space and bandwidth you could easy be paying well over $100 a month.

Associate Solution Advisor in India
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google

Comments: GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Pros:

1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world. 2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes. It is all managed by Google itself including the security and responsibility in case of breach is help by Google itself. Therefore you can only think about you own product and forget about any maintenance that is required in the backend. 3. Pub/Sub is also one of an amazing feature of GCP. It is a Redis like messaging service which can be utilized by you applications for internal as well as external publications and subscriptions.

Cons:

1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform. 2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.