Canada Local product

actiTIME Reviews

4.6 (85) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About actiTIME

Manage projects, teams and clients in a single place. Track working time and absences to get insight into your business performance.

Learn more about actiTIME

Pros:

Cons:

There are some limitations on how granular you can get on tasks. It can be done, but the output and reporting doesn't work well when you go to this level.

actiTIME ratings

4.5
4.4
4.3
4.2

8.6/10

actiTIME has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 85 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used actiTIME before?

Salvatore
Salvatore
Software Engineer in Italy

Is the best Tracking software used

Comments: Excellent product to manage different Users time-tracking, for montly working hours is perfect.

Pros:

In my consultancy experience i have used different time-traking software to manage commissions and montly working hours, but actiTime is the best software used now.

Cons:

The price is not competitive, exist othe time-tracking sofware with less price, but also less features.

Eric
Director, Global Engineering Services in US
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Review of actiTIME after 1 year of use

Comments: We needed a way to track hours spent on Engineering vs. hours spent on Operations support. we set this up easily and now just run a monthly report.

Pros:

1. Easy to Administrate 2. Easy to use 3. Good Training features 4. Thorough selection of report types

Cons:

Would like to be able to customize reports and then make the report set-up available to other users.

Alternatives Considered: KeyedIn

Reasons for Switching to actiTIME: Better fit to our project types and hours accounting approach.

stephan
maneger in Denmark
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Simple and solid

Comments: Great, simple and solid. just what we need to get at solid grip of our work and projects. all new employee can use it instantly.

Pros:

god prise and new features comming up

Cons:

miss a connection to a simple planning tool.

Jane
Jane
Accountant in UK
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Great for detailed time tracking

Comments: We've been using Actitime within our practice for approx 4 years now. During that time the development of the app has definitely made things easier. It allows a good level of detail through the tracking a client, product and task level. It is starting to feel a little clunky and dated compared to newer products, in particular when creating a report or a new task. We've trialed newer products recently but decided to remain with Actitime. However as we are getting more and more of our practice into cloud based apps I think we'll eventually be looking for a more integrated solution. Although Actitime integrates with QuickBooks it does not currently integrate with Xero.

Pros:

Good amount of detail in both tracking and reporting. App makes tracking easier. Simple to use.

Cons:

Not very integrated with other practice software. User interface starting to feel a little dated and clunky compared to others.

Tyler
Tyler
Software Developer in Canada

Simple Time tracking tools

Comments: We use this to capture the amount of time spent on individual projects for the purposes of tax credits. I have never encountered an issue with it, but it is not the most full featured product.

Pros:

This tool makes it quick and easy to enter in time used on various tasks. It allows you put in notes and other details about the tasks when looking back on it.

Cons:

I would love for this to have a notification feature, to alert you that your time entering is out of date. Or a better way to view discrepancies in your personal data.

Actimind Response

3 years ago

Hi Tyler, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are happy that actiTIME helps you to receive tax credits for your work and that you find it easy to use. Regarding the email notifications, they are available in the latest version of the product. We have also added quite a few enhancements, such as REST API, detailed personal reports, and a lightweight browser extension for tracking time directly from JIRA, Github or Gitlab. Be sure to check it out with the free trial version available from our website.

Paul
Paul
US

Our go to product for project time tracking

Pros:

This web application has helped us gain control of hours actually spent on every project we take on, including maintenance of existing products. Great reporting features to pass on to upper management. Good that it nags the users to complete their time when they forget.

Cons:

Seems like too many features are added or improved. Whenever I have to go into maintain the setups, user, projects, tasks etc. I have to learn how to do it all over because the features are constantly being updated.

Joseph
Joseph
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

ActiTIME - Tracking and Billing Made Easy

Comments: Overal, I have been using ActiTIME self-hosted version for over 4 months and I love it. It provides me with everything I need to track my daily tasks, to properly provide clients a detailed report on tasks for invoices I send using Invoice Ninja and lastly it doesn’t require a monthly subscription which is always a plus!

Pros:

The pros for this software are easily the ability to host the software yourself; I currently have the software self-hosted and have a one user license at the moment. Really nice features that provide everything I need on a daily basis to track, invoice and get paid.

Cons:

The software does have some features and nice to haves missing, but overall I feel it’s a pretty descent package for the price they charge. One feature I would love to see is when a time is started for tracking, it also timestamps WHEN it was started and WHEN it was stopped instead of just providing the total time.

Yochai
Yochai
Owner in Israel
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Actitime saved my life

Pros:

A user friendly system which is very simple to operate/ Areal value for money

Cons:

Admin cant see reports from the cellular app

Roy
Roy
Chief Operating Officer in Costa Rica

Dependable

Comments: We use it to bill and keep track of time and analysis, it´s great for that.

Pros:

ActiTime may not be as good looking as other time tracking systems out there, but it sure is reliable and editable enough to be able to adapt it to any organization.

Cons:

UX/UI could be more user friendly and reporting needs more modules.

Ghislain
Ghislain
Director in Canada
Computer Networking, 11-50 Employees

Great app for my company. Simple to use and always available

Comments: Using actiTIME for more than 5 years.
Originally on a hosted server, switched 3 years ago to SaaS. Always available and so easy for new employees to use.
I highly recommend it!

Katherine
Head of Sales in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Small review of actitime and its high functions.

Comments: Actitime has benefited me too much in the business environment, because I have been able to take the real time of each employee's work and thus provide a fair pay for what was worked.

Pros:

I really like actitime because of the beautiful design it has, in my opinion, it is what gives entertainment to the software as such, and also its functions, it is very good to be taking several times at once, doing two tasks at the same time and Take control of both. I hope these valuable features of actitime never change, they are what gives life.

Cons:

I do not like that actitime has such high prices, if there is something that pleased much about this software were the low prices it had compared to the excellent services it has, however, after so many updates and implementation of new functions, the price was increasing. I would like prices to go down a bit.

Ahmad
Managing Partner in Pakistan

Amazing software

Pros:

Have been using ActiTime since 2013 - first as a on-premises solution and now the cloud version. It is one of the integral part of our service delivery process. Very easy to use and train. You will find all the features required to track, report and bill the project and task hours.

Cons:

Better task management workflow will help.

Mayank
Sr. Engagement Manager in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Good starting point

Pros:

Almost everything is acceptable except the project and task management.

Cons:

All software have space for improvement. Nothing specific except the pricing.

matthew
electrical engineer in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

time tracker

Pros:

actiTIME makes has an interface that's easy to navigate. I like that I can select a project from a list that my manager created and input the project time that I devoted. It's quick and easy.

Cons:

I find that I forget to input my time. An automated email reminder could be a nice feature.

kelly
CEO in US

Customer service is helpful. we have had some issues; but they help us.

Pros:

The customer service has been very good. it makes it easy to keep track of hours. The user interface is ok.

Cons:

We would like to have at least folks using the software and another just as administrator. but we cannot figure out how to do it.

Brian
Owner in US

actiTime meets our needs

Comments: actiTime simplified my time tracking and invoice generation.

Pros:

Invoice generation is easy to use and very useful. Reports generation is full featured and easy to use.

Cons:

Requiring the user to manually synchronize data from the phone application is clunky, error prone and unnecessary. Other time trackers I use do not require manual synchronization.

neil
solo practitioner in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

superb customer support

Comments: I felt that it would be an excellent program for a solo practitioner lawyer

Pros:

Your customer support people were wonderful. I had a security certificate problem that required at least five emails; each time your customer support person gave me a careful and accurate answer within a few hours. And I was using the free version. I was very impressed that they went the extra mile to help when there was nothing in it for them

Cons:

Ultimately the security certificate problem was unsolvable but that is a problem with my computer

Clive
IT Portfolio Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Functionally rich with a slick well designed user interface

Comments: Provided configuration is considered up front reporting facilities are extremely powerful. You will learn something about your business.

Pros:

Very easy to use. Virtually zero training needed - up & running in 10 minutes. Functionally rich with options for multiple time zones with different working weeks and automatic email reminders which were all key requirements. Remote / offline working with the app works well.

Cons:

Incorporate a public holiday schedule per time zone. Add some reporting capability into the app currently only timesheet entry.

Abhishek
Lead in India
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Manage timesheet and other activities using actiTime a web-based tool

Comments: Time tracking is easy with this tool you can manage your time accordingly. You can get the email reminders and so many reporting options are there which are very helpful.

Pros:

actiTime is easy to use, customizable and powerful tool for time-tracking, organize work, project cost estimation, time utilized on a particular task or activity and prepare a report using filters provided.

Cons:

Overall its a good though there could be some improvement in look and feel and appearance.

Tóbiás

A decent time-tracking software

Comments: We made a comprehensive search for an application, which covers our needs in the sense of time-tracking. After examining at least 30 software, we ended up using ActiTIME, which (according to us) happens to be the best choice suits for us.

Pros:

- mobile application with timer function - easy-to-use UI

Cons:

- timer function in browser version - more sophisticated reporting features would be needed

Sigrid
Leader Power Cycling Laboratory in Italy
, 11-50 Employees
Jeffrey
Project Manager in
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Seems like a good solution for dispersed teams to track time in projects

Pros:

Cloud based solution works from anywhere. They also have an app for iOS. I believe they have one for Android as well.

Monica
Used the Software for: Not provided

Very good time-tracker

Comments: We have been using actitime for a long time. It was very easy to get started, actitime has a simple interface and all the needed functionality. In our company It replaced excel timesheets. iPhone application helps me to track my time even if I'm not in the office.
I'm also happy with the quality of actitime support service – every time I ask a question I receive a very quick answer!

Pros:

- easy to get started - simple way of tracking time - low price - mobile application - powful reporting - perfect support service

Cons:

- only english language

Assistant Manager in India
Research, 501-1,000 Employees

Good software for time tracking

Comments: Thank you for the application

Pros:

1) easy to use and set-up 2) Easy to track time during projects

Cons:

1) Must work on designing the user interface

Larry
Used the Software for: Not provided

Great time tracking tool

Comments: This time tracking tool works great for our company. We can keep records and have people enter time themselves from multiple locations. It's simple, but also very powerful. The software + support combination makes actiTIME the best tracking solution in the market.