15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Guesty For Hosts

Manage your portfolio of all your listings across all booking channels from a single platform.

Learn more about Guesty For Hosts

Pros:

Integration, easy to use, good customer service.

Cons:

The website can be difficult to navigage at times.

Guesty For Hosts ratings

4.5

8.7/10

Guesty For Hosts has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 532 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Guesty For Hosts before?

Yvette
Yvette
Consultant in Norway
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Great tool to manage guest booking and more

Comments: Great product & great support staff

Pros:

- fantastic support team behind. - solid, trustworthy company behind the software. - software that fullfills my booking need and more: -- coordinate who has booked on Airbnb and booking.com to avoid doublebooking -- make webpage free via Your Porter App system (they also offer to use own domain for a fee) --Automation of day to day actions, like sending welcome email -possible to test it out before buying (also good because one has not started to earn money yet, so the tool helps one make money first before asking for money). - I only have one listing and the company support me having many questions even though I am very small w/only 1 listing.

Cons:

Have nothing negative to say. It is just a very good tool with extremely good and helpful support staff.

Alternatives Considered: Hostaway , Guesty and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts: 1/ Open regarding pricing. 2/ Easy to just start and not having to wait after the weekend to have an interview or demo and maybe hopefully then getting the price of the product. 3/ Free test period 4/ Seemed serious and not an extremely big cooperation that would not take me who has just one listing seriously. 5/ The research I did indicated this is a up and comping company.

Rachel

Great for Certain Functions

Comments: It's good, not great! Not bad enough to switch.

Pros:

Ease of calendar and monthly invoices, I like that it integrates with Turno and door locks. Auto messaging Works great with AirBnb amd Booking.

Cons:

Functionality and Messaging on VRBO is horrible. It messed up my listings 3x and said I had way more beds (like 16 or 18 per property, when it only has 3-4, and said it only had 1 bathroom instead of 2-3). Customer service is a joke. Sometimes takes days to get a response. No live chat or calling features. Most of the time the first and usually second reply don't even answer/understand my question and then its a back and forth. It took so long to set up, as does any channel manager, so I'm dealing with it instead of swtiching.

Joe
Onwer in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Stark Industries Property Group Guesty for Host Assessment

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Extremely easy to navigate, integrate, automate, and manage several properties an several different booking channels.

Cons:

Customer Support, although helpful, lags in response. Back and forth communication can some times take days.

2 months ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We constantly review user input to enhance our platform. Your concerns have been noted, and we're committed to addressing your technical limitations with the assistance of your success manager. We value our partnership and remain dedicated to supporting your business growth. - The Guesty Team

Media Production, Self Employed

Guesty for Hosts falls short on feature set

Comments: I came from Tokeet which is a great platform with a ton of features but can be overly complicated and not a great UI/UX experience. Due to a lack of VRBO API integration options, I decided to switch to Guesty for Hosts (only 1 rental). Initially, it seemed very powerful until I peeked under the hood too much and realized it lacked a ton of features that I counted on with Tokeet. It made sense to create a basic VRBO/Airbnb and Direct Booking triangle without the PMP in the middle until the platform can be made to be useful. It would be amazing if they listened and allowed single hosts to pay for the Pros version.

Pros:

Amazing UI and experience on both Mac and iPhone/iOS. Decent price point in comparison to other PMPs. Great workflow for housekeeping and customer communications.Good integration with smart pricing affiliates.

Cons:

Missing a ton of features (included in Guesty for Pros) so much that I had to leave the platform after a brief period. Terrible website templates. No customer invoicing which is key for direct booking. Although nice, customer service takes a minimum of 24 hours to reply to any question. No way to pay more $$ and upgrade to Guesty for Pros.Very little OTA channel connectivity options. Cannot pay for Guesty for Pros upgrade or modules.

last year

Hi Adam, Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience with Guesty for Host. I would like to redirect this review to the relevant people at Guesty for Host. Are you able to send me your email so that I can begin this process for you? Thank you

Noel
Partner in US

Transitioning from Jurny to Guesty

Comments: So far so very good, the technology is top of the line and the team behind it even more.

Pros:

A full suite of services with great support staff, not only the technology is top of the line but the ease of configuration as well. Also, Guesty is one of the very few companies offering a complete solution that includes guest communications

Cons:

Nothing so far. As we move forward I am sure there will be things that will need to be addressed, specially as they continue integrating AI into the tool, but so far everything I have requested I have been satisfied

2 months ago

Hi Noel, we're thrilled to know we've made things more manageable for you. Wishing you a wonderful day ahead! Thanks, The Guesty Team

Derrick

Excellent Host Platform

Comments: Excellent. We have recommended Guesty to several friends who have just recently gotten in to vacation rentals.

Pros:

We love that everything is in one place for managing properties

Cons:

that the guest isn't required to include their email address as well as phone number. We like to send our guestbook our via email ahead of time so that they can see what's in the area, places to eat, and requirements before they arrive.

5 months ago

We are constantly evaluating user feedback in order to improve our platform. We are here to help you manage your business, and are honored that you have chosen us to be your partner!

Jonathan
Real Estate Professional in US

Guesty Review

Comments: Great, we still love the platform! Easy to navigate.

Pros:

Customer service is great! They’ve always responded in a timely manner.

Cons:

Linking multiple units together on the calendar has been difficult. Unable to link a parent unit to multiple units.

Alternatives Considered: Hospitable.com

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts: Referred by another STR Host. We’ve continued to use the platform.

Dawn
owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Guesty for Hosts has made my life easier

Comments: So far so good. I like the synced calendar.

Pros:

it keeps my rental reservations on one calendar and syncs my 3 platforms.

Cons:

It is not as user friendly as I need at times.

Alternatives Considered: Hostaway

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts: I only had 1 listing and other channel managers had a minimum number of listings in order to be able to be used. Guesty had a free trial.

3 months ago

Hi Dawn, we're thrilled to know we've made things more manageable for you. Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

EUGENIO
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Chaaron Residences

Pros:

The easy and reliable way to keep my platforms all sync and running cal and the same pace.

Cons:

I s not VRBO friendly platform, at least so far I can't connect it each other.

Alternatives Considered: OwnerRez

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts: OwnerRez It was very difficult to operate in addition to connecting efficiently with booking.com.

5 months ago

Thanks for the 5 star review Eugenio!

Mick
Manager in New Zealand

Great app - easy to use

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The application provides us with a one-stop management portal. Very easy to use and manage multiple services

Cons:

Flexibility and absence of sophisticated pricing tools and AI

4 weeks ago

Thanks, Mick! Helping our customers thrive is what motivates us every day at Guesty. - The Guesty Team

Jerrod
Manager in US

Best Value-Best Features-Easiest to Use

Comments: I have used yourporter for several years. Recently, I thought I needed a more robust system so paid thousands more for a competitor. I spent weeks trying to onboard it and found that there were many features I took for granted in yourporter that the expensive software couldn't do so I have come back to yourporter and love it.

Pros:

Mobile interface is great. My cleaning staff likes that they can see a calendar link and that they can get text notifications. Not sure how much it helps, but I appreciate that they have some tools to improve rankings. I just got my direct booking website up and running which was super easy and seems to work great.

Cons:

It doesn't integrate well across many platforms.

Ryley
Property Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Your Porter App, simple GUI and good value for money.

Comments: Making price changes from the channel manager rather than multiple times directly from the listing site is one of the main benefits for us. Automated messaging is also a big time saver as well.

Pros:

The program has a quality user interface, and mobile app. On boarding was relatively easy as well.

Cons:

Some of the integrations are still being developed and require use of the listing platforms themselves from time to time.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Guesty For Hosts: IGMS was difficult to use and was too costly for what we took as value from the product.

Switched From: iGMS

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts: Price point and the existence of a mobile app. It was also recommended by a cleaning company we use.

Louise
Property manager in UK
Commercial Real Estate Software, Self Employed

Great

Comments: Brilliant. The automated messages alone is saving me hours of work.

Pros:

I found the software is very user friendly as a first time property manager. The help boxes cover every aspect of setting up and running your account. Saves me hours in communications.

Cons:

I haven’t found anything yet that I don’t like about this software.

Alternatives Considered: Hostaway

Reasons for Choosing Guesty For Hosts: Pricing

Switched From: Hostaway

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts: The price point was better for us as we only have one property currently.

Michelle
Vacation rental business owner in Canada
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

If you don't use YouPorter App, you are wasting time and money.

Comments: I now have more time to do other things thanks to Your Porter App. I no longer need to write out a message for every single guest and remember to send them and I don't have to organize cleaning staff because YourPorter App does all of that for me.
Using YourPorter App has given me the freedom to be able to leave town and still run my business efficiently and effectively. I highly recommend it.

Pros:

YourPorter App does everything I need it to do and then some. I originally signed up because it would push my AirBnB rates to Booking.com automatically and that was all I was going to use it for. However, the auto-messaging system has proven invaluable. I can tailor messages and have them sent at specific times and on specific days. This feature is incredibly useful because I can send my lock box code at a specific time, thereby preventing guests from unexpectedly showing up and trying to check in early. I can also schedule all commonly sent emails, such as thanking them for booking, sending directions to our place, a message the next day asking if they settled in Ok and if they need anything. Guests love that I check in with them and I never forget to do so, thanks to YourPorter App. With the teammates feature, you can add teammates and assign them tasks such as cleaning, and is such a valuable portion of the software that I could not do without it. I can organize all my cleaning staff and have them clean when they need to and I never need to remind them because YourPorter App automatically does that for me. It can also let them know when we have check-ins and for how many guests so they can set up the continental breakfasts for them. The income report is also a great addition. There are so many features that I am still discovering all of them and how to implement them to my best advantage.

Cons:

A written FAQ would be good. However, the support staff are very quick to answer when you have a question.

Tyler

horrible customer support

Pros:

easty to use and sync with reservations.

Cons:

This company is a nightmare, I am currently using them and will stop once my annual membership is done. This is my second year with them and didn't have issues until last year when i renewed my membership. They have a horrible customer service team that takes weeks to get problems resolved. You cannot speak to anyone over the phone as they only have an email support team. I have been having billing issues with them for the damage protection and they have been double and triple charging me. Taking over $2,000 out of my account when only supposed to take $500. I am currently dealing with this issue for the 3rd time going on 4th time as I see another pending $1,000 they are attempting to charge. They end up having to refund me and takes forever to investigate the amount overcharged and then issuing the refund. I'm beyond pissed at this point - I am actually writing a complaint. Think twice before working with this company. Cheap but not worth the headache.

meir
owner in Israel
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

was a good product until was bought out by guesty

Comments: so i was with guesty for host( former yourporter) for over 5 years, until a year ago all was well, everything was working really good, and was very happy. 1 year ago it was bought out by guesty for hosts and since then everything just went downhill. Glitch after glitch, all of a sudden, overbookings, bookings from bookings.com weren't coming, parts of the calendar where blocked for some reason, and the website stopped working. Now i understand things can happen but when i wrote to there customer service, they barely respond and when they did they where very nice but barely took care of any of the issues, and when they did it took weeks or even month to fix. They left me very frustrated, real shame, needless to say I left guesty for host for another service provider.

Pros:

its price was very low compared to other competitors and its app was good too.

Cons:

The glitches and bugs, and kept on getting worse, in additional their customer service.

Dan
Property Manager in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Amazing! Can't Recommend enough!

Comments: Loved it from the start! So easy to set up, the customer service has been impeccable with any queries I've had. It's saved me many many hours and made communication much more seamless between both the guests and extended team. Thank you for creating and developing such an amazing product!

Pros:

First of all the Customer Service is the best I have ever experienced! The executives have responded very quickly and informatively. The features are great! I manage 12 properties and done A LOT of research before deciding upon YourPorter and it has definitely paid off! I LOVE the form that can be sent to guests where they fill in their arrival time, this is automatically fed to the extended team, reducing communication time immensely. So easy to use and has saved me many many hours whilst providing a better service to our guests.I also love the evolution, new features are constantly being released making it even more of a beast! :)

Cons:

I love the emails being sent from my own email address so replies are sent directly to that. But one limitation I found was that only one attachment was allowed to be sent along with the emails. However I found a workaround to save all of the attachments as a single Zip file which has worked. It would be even better if we could share the Timeline as we can the Calendar to the extended team.

Kathy
General Manager in US

Multi Platform User Review of Guesty

Comments: Guesty overall has been a top notch experience for us. We've had some technical glitches and customer service sometimes is on the slow side with today's work enviroment of too much work and not enough employees, but Guesty has done a great job overall of managing our platforms and I would highly recommend it.

Pros:

Overall, Guesty is a fantastic tool. The ease of having all of our listings and information all in one place, makes the management of our listings so much easier. Guesty is also very user friendly and at the same time a very robust application.

Cons:

The integration platform is at times cumbersome and sometimes confusing. Step by step directions need to be updated to match the actual integration process for each platform.

James
Owner in Puerto Rico
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Must have STR management program in the palm of your hand!

Comments: I started with yourporter which was purchased by Guesty and it was a seamless transition. I have been extremely satisfied with this program and highly recommend it to anyone who has short term rentals!

Pros:

There are so many great features in this program. It allows me to manage multiple units across several platforms and simplified the management processes whether scheduling a cleaning, changing rates and availability, prevents double booking across platforms and I’ve set up a consistent messaging to my clients. I also love the automated reviews. Saves me much time and effort and allows for effective communications with my co-host and cleaning crews. It also has an AirBnB listing booster and my rooms get consistently booked. I highly recommend using this program if you have multiple units.

Cons:

I have not had any problems or issues with this program. If I could wish for anything I would ask that they integrate with other smart lock systems. I use Wyze locks which are reasonably priced and have worked very well for me. If they could add that integration I would be overjoyed.

Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Would have been a great choice (if it worked)

Comments: Horrible service, buggy product and wasted time.

Pros:

Very feature rich. Checked every box on the marketing side.

Cons:

This product does not work. It is very buggy. the app is broken. There is absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! The only option is email even though it says chat and 24/7. Bull. They need to take this off the market and use Guesty for 1 property.

Alternatives Considered: Hostaway , iGMS and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts: Because I'm a sucker for good marketing.

last year

Hi Adam, We are sorry to hear about this experience. I can see that you were using Guesty for Host. This review page is for Guesty for Pro, however, I would be more than happy to redirect your feedback to the relevant department from Guesty for Host. Are you able to send me your email so that we can get in touch to resolve your concerns with the app?

Olivia
Real Estate, Self Employed

Features are great but the app has some bugs

Comments: Overall I would recommend Guesty for Hosts! The foundational capabilities are so helpful when managing reservations on multiple platforms.

Pros:

Guesty easily integrates with all of the major booking platforms and also helps you to set up your own direct booking website. I love the message templates and automated messages. These are more robust than Airbnb's message templates.

Cons:

There are some bugs in the user interface, especially on the app. Some screens don't display correctly and there are a couple quirks but they are usually easy to figure out. My biggest complaint is how slowly the app takes to load sometimes.The feature I wish they had was being able to allow co-hosts to the CMS. VRBO doesn't allow cohosts so if I could add a co-host to Guesty it would solve a lot of problems!

Daniel
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

If its not one things its another

Comments: I am losing patience and currently shopping for another service

Pros:

90% of the time this software works great and does whats its promised. Unfortunately 90% just isnt good enough

Cons:

There always seems to be some annoying glitch going on with this software. First its pushing the wrong prices to airbnb. Then it's blocking the calendar off incorrectly. Lately customer support has been telling me to contact airbnb with my issues, but if you are going to offer "Full Integration" you need to own it when something doesn't work right. On top of that the user interface is very clunky and non-intuitive.

Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Lack of Customer Service Makes for an Abysmal Experience.

Comments: ABYSMAL. Find another service to manage your property(ies).

Pros:

The automated messaging and integrated in box is about the only thing this software has going for it.

Cons:

AI driven customer service is the downfall of this platform. This software works great until it doesn't. Then you can spend countless hours going in loops with AI that cannot answer a specific question. Emails that are sent for help fall into a black hole and are never answered. My pricing is accurate of GFH, but is incorrect on my booking platforms and I am looking to lose money on my property, lose quality guests and possibly ruin my listing reputation. I am looking for a new integration service because this has failed me. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Shannon
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

If you have a rental property you MUST have this

Pros:

This is the best money I've ever spent on automation. I have a 20 background in tech and this is far and away one of the most useful automation tools I've ever seen. Before Your Porter, keeping my guests happy and my Airbnb rating high was ruining my personal and professional life. Your Porter made communication effortless. My guests felt incredibly well cared for, I was able to anticipate their needs and address any concerns they had fast. Best of all it saved my sanity. I wouldn't run a rental property without it.

Cons:

There wasn't anything negative about Your Porter. Any time I had a suggestion or issue it was in the next release. They are amazing.

Scott
Principal | Broker in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

We are off to a nice start with Guesty!

Pros:

Easily manage the guest communication and property management form a seamless unified platform.

Cons:

no customer service phone number or active training with Q&A, found for on boarding

Alternatives Considered: iGMS