• Overall
    4.2 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.1 /5

About Zoho Projects

A completely reimagined UI, enhanced search and filters, easywork allocation, new portfolio dashboard, and more to transform your work.

Learn more about Zoho Projects

Strategy Prinicpal
  • Reviewed on 2020-03-03

"Great solution for agency resourcing"

Comments: We're very happy with the power of the solution and feel that it will support our growth. Getting the system configured and learning how to use it properly was a steeper curve than we anticipated.

Pros: We evaluated tons of online solutions for managing our small agency's projects. Most would be good at one thing, but fall down in others. Zoho Projects allows us to see projects and tasks, capture timesheets, and view resource allocations across the agency. It may be slightly on the over-powered size for just the few of us, but we want a platform that can support our growth. This seems to be the one.

Cons: The software seems to have a ton of features that we're still finding. It would be nice to have a way to make sure we're using it to it's fullest. For example, we were archiving tasks when they were complete but then realized that this process made it so timesheet hours couldn't be applied to those closed tasks. Adding a "closeout" custom status seemed to have solved it, but we'd love some info or training on best practices.

• Reviewed on 2020-03-03
Roshi P.
Marketing Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-12

"Love this product- others don't compare!"

Comments: Love this product and I recommend it for anyone managing something on their own, or with teams. There's just minor improvements, like the Tasks and Time tracking thing I mention above, that need refining.
And while customer service is also great (I can always reach a human),the knowledge base and Help sections needs user experience streamlining.
With the value pricing and the robustness of this product, I will always recommend this product to anyone - and do!

Pros: Clear user design with logical and clear content and category designations. Love that they offer multiple view options for those who, say for example, would rather have a Kaban view over a more linear list breakdown. I have yet to find anything else as clearly user friendly and LOGICAL in organization. A lot of other sites I've used try too hard to be cool and modern, and actually end up causing user confusion with all their different layers. It's exhausting. But with Zoho Projects, I can go in quickly and get what I need! Also love how it interfaces with other Zoho products, such as Invoices, and I can export my time sheets. I love that I can hit a timer on my tasks, too. Overall, it has great standard operations with plenty of options for customization.

Cons: Sometimes the invoice functions seem redundant to someone using the Zoho Invoices, and that has caused me to accidentally create some duplicates within Projects (when I was really just trying to create an invoice in Invoices), and I have had to clean up my own mess. That's the one area I think they made things a little more convoluted. I can't think of any other major cons - I've never had issues with this product. I don't use the Bug Tracker at all, so I can't speak to that. In Documents, it's unclear up front whether, when I pull a document in from a cloud, if it's going to sync any changes with that cloud app (like Google Drive, etc), or if it's just importing as is. Their Learning Center is also woefully organized. I can't search any topics, though the visualization videos you first land on are helpful for starters. But the info I REALLY can search is in the general Zoho Getting Started section...those knowledge centers should be merged and not be so confusing. Even the Forums in Projects help, I can't even search a topic on them on the landing page...so odd! And, lastly, it would be so great if Tasks had more Duration options. If it had an option where I could set a Task in HOURS, rather than only Days, then I could actually track something regularly hourly per week as well as track my weekly progress on it. Right now, I can't do that, I have to do that manually :(
And, you can't seem to delete a Duration period once you've put it in (without also setting an end date). what if I just accidentally put in a duration?!

• Reviewed on 2017-12-12
Tom F.
Acumatica Practice Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-06

"Professional services organization happy with Zoho Projects"

Comments: Multiple departments (implementation, product development, project management) have discovered the value of a collaborative tool which supports project management rigor (WBS, % complete, Tasks-to-Task dependency, etc.). We have been able to displace many siloed resources internally, such as hosted spreadsheets and MS Access databases.

Pros: Provider-client collaboration. Zoho Project allows internal team members to easily coordinate activities across a complex WBS (work break-down structure) .AND. collaborate and delegate tasks that the customer's contacts are responsible for.

Cons: That all Tasks and TaskLists under a given Milestone automatically inherit the property of either internal- or external-facing. This often causes us to replicate the WBS - one copy under internal-facing Milestone(s), the other copy under external-facing Milestone(s).

• Reviewed on 2018-12-06
David Y.
Director, Teaching & Learning
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-11

"Zoho is the Project Management software that fits your needs - whatever they are"

Comments: Zoho is a great way to keep on top of your project management without requring a tremendous amount of time or skill to jump in. However, if you put in the time to learn about how to use the variety of features, it offers a wide range of options to meet many different needs, from time management to document management, to collaboration.

Pros: Simple enough for even the least tech-savvy member of your team to use, but packed with enough features to make serious project managers happy
Unlimited users at any price point
Multiple viewing options (Task list, Kanban, Dependency, Gantt chart)
Easy to find answers to questions about how to use features
Good price points for features offered
Very customizable

Cons: Sometimes features are not intuitive to use
Can't edit projects within Gantt charts without premium subscription
Customization isn't always easy to manage

Lisa C.
Freelance Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-07

"Useful for Project Management, but not perfect"

Comments: Good but not great. It has helped improve overall Project Management, but I know leaves people frustrated in certain areas as well.

Pros: It does offer a lot of options to customize. Once you get the hang of it, it is relatively easy to use. Multiple viewing options are nice.

Cons: A few pretty annoying feature gaps: importing from Excel is deceptively limited in that you can't import subtasks or specific times for due dates. It can be difficult for some to learn, especially those who are not tech-savvy. There are some limitations in customizing tasks and issue fields that are not deal-breakers but are certainly annoying. And one of the most annoying things of all is that when adding customized fields, it does NOT allow you to multi-select. This is difficult to work around.

• Reviewed on 2019-10-07
Kevin w. M.
Co-Founder & CEO
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-05

"A Comprehensive Project Management Platform"

Comments: I have used a number of project management tools (Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Trello) and we are quite happy with Zoho Projects. We are a technology SaaS startup running distributed operations across the US and Caribbean. Zoho Projects allows us to collaborate and track progress on a myriad of tasks seamlessly. Highly recommended.

Pros: Zoho Projects offers a comprehensive suite of capabilities and allows a large distributed team to collaborate and manage a myriad of tasks.

Cons: The range of functions and capability means Zoho Projects does not have the ease of adoption of a Basecamp so there is more of a learning curve for you and your staff.

Johnny A.
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-25

"Very good project management app that could use a UX overhaul."

Comments: Overall my experience with Projects has been quite positive. Much better than most project management apps I have tried.

Pros: I love that projects is a very comprehensive product that has many features. Projects allows us to manage all of our tasks for all of our clients.

Cons: The UI could definitely use an overhaul to look more modern such as Asana. I also wished that the admin could control the layout for the employees of the organization. Additionally, I would love to see recurring tasks added to the templates so that I don't have to make all the recurring tasks "recurring" each time.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-25
Russ S.
Chief Information Security Officer
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-13

"Good Project software for small and medium enterprise."

Comments: Better organising of tasks, better scheduling. Better tracking of the 'life-cycle' of an issues, improvement, change.

Pros: Very easy to use, simple interface. Cloud-based version is responsive and downtime seems rare for us. Development is ongoing, ZOHO are always improving the product so good to see it is alive and well. pricing is very reasonable especially for a smaller company. Users are unlimited and you pay by number of projects.

Cons: Support can be a little slow to respond. It can start to get expensive if you have hundreds of projects live but this can be alleviated by archiving old projects to reduce number of live ones.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-13
Biren Z.
ceo
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-05

"Awesome Project Management Tool - ZOHO"

Comments: We are using zoho for project management, employee leave management

Pros: ITs very userfriendly + lot of functionality is available. A well thought,implemented tool for any industry and any size of business

Cons: It would be good to have some rules functionality to automate some of the process in terms of reminder if comments are not added or time log is not added. User should not be able to save the information. Ability to make certain info mandatory

Colin A.
Sales Manager
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-13

"Simple and Easy for our business to use"

Pros: I like how easy it is for my team to track our hours for work each day. It is easy to track your hours for different clients so we can bill them based on the hours we work. It is easy for all of my co-workers to see what tasks need to be finished and to provide any notes about the specific task. Overall it's easy to use and easy to track products.

Cons: Sometimes it is hard to find where to find things such as the hours I have worked over a specific time span. I also don't really like the feel of ZoHo projects on the app. It's hard to navigate (maybe not so mobile friendly) and it appears to stop logging time once you lock the phone. (It logs the time but it looks like it isn't).

• Reviewed on 2018-01-13
Remy S.
Business Development
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-05

"Stable and User friendly Project Management System"

Pros: We have been using the Zoho Project Management Platform to manage the deployment of our Banking Software Product: NexorONE®. One of the features we appreciate is the ease of sharing content with our customers, allowing them to keep track of the process. Additionally, complex projects that integrate several parties are easy to set up.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-05
Nithya G.
HR
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-28

"A good tool for small companies"

Pros: As a small company we have found this software to be very useful and easy to set up. The initial days where we maintained excel spreadsheet software for all our projects have now been replaced with Zoho and it have helped our teams integrate and collaborate more seamlessly! Reporting is good and management can take decisions more real time!

Cons: I have been using this software and initially found it time consuming to set up but once done it had been very helpful!

• Reviewed on 2019-03-28
Hardware Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-18

"Elite Project Management Software"

Comments: It is a project management platform we utilise every day to help us speed up project progress. It is good for team projects as it keeps everyone on his toes

Pros: Zoho Projects helps you organize your projects. With Zoho Projects, you can easily assign tasks to team members, track project progress, explore Gantt charts, get evaluation report on project summary and share files amongst team members

Cons: It is really nice. I have absolutely nothing to complain about

• Reviewed on 2019-04-18
Waqas M.
Registrar
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-25

"Very good user friendly application"

Comments: Zoho projects solved one of our biggest problem to a great extent which was Staff communication .

Pros: User friendliness
Interface
cross-collaboration

Cons: People on the projects can see other people's tasks / calendar, which is usually really good but not good for confidential reminders etc.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-25
Jesse L.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-09

"Zoho projects is OK for the money, but there are better alternatives"

Pros: Relatively easy to collaborate, track progress and keep on top of our projects.

Cons: Visually it is a little clunky, less polished than asana or monday. Doesn't do a lot more than trello.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-09
Ankit S.
Engineer
Telecommunications
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-15

"Zoho is a good product for individual and small company with comparatively less pricing."

Pros: Working with Zoho is very easy to place the information for clients for a projects and paid and unpaid timings can also be track easily.
good thing is its integration with other Zoho services that helps and comes as an advantages.You can create custom forms for projects and tasks, allowing you to add and report on your want you're interested in. Overall It is good for task monitoring and projects discussion for individual and relatively small organisation.

Cons: I have faced issue while adding employees in several projects at once.
Mobile version is not much user-friendly.No tagging option in tasks which would enable easier categorization and reporting. other than this i can not see any major problem working with this.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-15
Omarie P.
Marketing Specialist
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-11-18

"Great Tool for Organization and Timeline Management."

Pros: I handle work with a lot of independent contractors, and this is a great tool to see what projects are being worked on and I can get updates and uploads from people out in the field.

Cons: I have the same con for all Zoho softwares. They are all sold separately! I would love to be able to integrate this with Zoho CRM without breaking the budget.

• Reviewed on 2017-11-18
Amit G.
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-19

"Project Management made simple through Zoho"

Comments: I am happy after using this software in my day to day work. This made my work smooth and easy.

Pros: Zoho project is good offering from Zoho Inc. I love this software for its easy navigation, friendly user interface and middle level project management features. It helped me a lot for my day to day task planning. This software provided me lots of facility like sub-task creation, task dependency viewer and hourly/day scheduling for tasks are nice features. Now i am able to get time-sheet also fill-up from my team which is good point for me. Now Zoho task management is accessible through mobile app also which is also good part of this product offering

Cons: i didn't found baseline feature which is necessary for every project management. Without baseline we can not evaluate actual project project performance.

• Reviewed on 2019-06-19
Lorenzo R.
Marketing Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-11

"Great product for small businesses"

Pros: Zoho Projects is a tool that can significantly help your company planning and keeping track to your projects, activities and expenses, being integrated with Zoho Invoice or Zoho Books.

Cons: The general interface could use some redesign, but only if it keep everything as simple as it is now. The email notification system could be improved.

MD Candidate
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-29

"Not Pretty But Gets the Job Done"

Pros: I like that you can organize tasks by project, list, and priority. It makes it really nice when splitting out a project with multiple people. I also like that a task can be assigned to more that one person. It gets the job done.

Cons: It's not visually appealing and it's not user-friendly, but it gets the job done.

• Reviewed on 2018-09-29
Ryan N.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-31

"Zoho Projects: Bang for Your Buck (but often frustrating to use)"

Pros: The price point. The features you get at a very low cost relative to the competition are amazing.

Cons: The user interface. At scale, the software just isn't up to the task of managing large numbers of projects. The project list itself lazy loads, which makes it very difficult to find the project you are looking for. The notifications disappear the second you view them, so unless you are prepared to take immediate action on a notification, it is gone forever. We kept losing communication, and losing track of tasks. Support (which appears to be entirely offshore), is pretty unapologetic about the problems, and defends them as design choices. We ultimately ended up leaving for a provider that costed more but had more usable software for our agency.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-31
Senior Qualitative Researcher
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-27

"Multiple layers for customized needs"

Pros: I like that Zoho Projects has multiple layers of features we could explore and implement to suit our needs, it eliminated needing to have separate trackers for big project milestones and daily/weekly progress. The saved history is especially useful in looking back on project changes.

Cons: While lots of layers for customizability, some of it felt a little clunky and was not exactly intuitive in learning the system.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-27
Damini M.
Associate Quality Analyst
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-11

"Powerful tool for project management"

Comments: A very good tool to work on and has so many features present in it

Pros: It has great features but one onlf the feature i like the most is its timesheets. One can check the time taken by the team for completing a particular task.

Cons: Sometimes we face some problem of finding tasks which are assigned to a particular team memeber as this tool has so many features , it becomes difficult to find things.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-11
Francisco G.
Innovation and Communications Sub director
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-09

"Zoho Projects, Really Good"

Comments: Zoho Projects is very consistent in terms of easy of use and flexibility as the other products of the Zoho Suite. There is only one feature that it would be great to be included is to have a programmed vs executed Chart, and a Budget control (programmed vs Executed)

Pros: Easy of use and integration

Cons: Lack of a good budget control

• Reviewed on 2016-12-09
Sally V.
Vice President
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-01-02

"Project management across functional groups"

Comments: This is very useful for tracking projects across functional groups for a medium-sized business. The functionality is easy and non-program managers can use and understand tasks and schedules.

Pros: easy to learn and use - online tutorials are excellent
Features are intuitive and scheduling and tracking are straightforward

Cons: This is designed for software projects, so some features are not always relevant to other projects.

• Reviewed on 2018-01-02