15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects is a project management solution catering to small and large-scale businesses that wish to ship impeccable projects.

Learn more about Zoho Projects

Pros:

The ability to link to other Zoho solutions (CRM etc) and integrate information from various functions and third parties in project planning and implementation.

Cons:

The integrations are flaky. Integration with Zoho Desk is very limited and we ran into several bugs setting it up.

Zoho Projects ratings

4.2
4.2
4.4
4.3

8.3/10

Zoho Projects has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 472 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Projects before?

Jhon
Jhon
Master of Information Technology in Colombia
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

A homogeneous distribution of responsibilities guarantees project success

Comments: In many occasions with the eagerness to achieve corporate objectives the allocation or distribution of the different tasks is something cumbersome and exhausting for some team members and tracking progress is much more exhausting, this causes that objectives are not achieved or that some members have much more workload than others, Zoho Projects allows us to optimally manage each and every one of our projects or tasks, distribute them homogeneously, make a detailed monitoring of both the progress of the task or the people involved in them; All this translates into work effectiveness, time optimization, a good use of this resource considerably increases the performance of the team and exploits the capabilities of its members.

Pros:

Continuously our operation is measured with a series of operational indicators that show the status of the work group, many of these metrics depend on individual team members, but there are other correlated ones that depend on more than one member of the group, here comes into play and in a very efficient way Zoho Project as it presents us with a platform capable enough to allow us to schedule each and every one of the objectives that month by month are evaluated to our group, through the tool I can easily distribute the tasks to each team member and analyze their progress as the week or month progresses and based on this reassign other tasks or otherwise add more members to the task to achieve its completion, an important point is that we can realize that member is overloaded with work in order to balance loads, This is very useful and is reflected in productivity, all the above mentioned although it sounds complex in the Zoho Projects platform is not, even the interface is very intuitive and allows you to customize the views of the different projects according to our taste or need.

Cons:

There are more benefits than negative points about Zoho Projects, maybe at first getting familiar with the different types of views where you can see the daily, weekly and even monthly distribution of the different tasks is a bit cumbersome, of course, the tool has filters and aids to adjust the view according to your own comfort, for example for some team members the kanban view is extremely clear although I particularly prefer compact and filtered weekly, so I realize the short and medium term objectives.

Kelly M
Kelly M
System Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

This easy-to-use app keeps track of chores and projects quickly

Comments: I really like the functions, the tools, and everything else that this software provides us with in order to manage a project. Those tools are really useful and important at the moment in order to manage a project and collaboration, and this software, it's absolutely useful if you want to manage like a professional.

Pros:

Zoho projects have a number of great features, but one of my favorites is the option to personalize the parameters for the project management. In addition to being incredibly simple to operate, the customization function meets the vast majority of the needs that my firm has in regard to project management.

Cons:

Zoho Projects is, without a doubt, one of the least user-friendly and most aggravating pieces of software I have ever worked with. It has some of the worst user experience and interface (UI) that I have ever seen, and it is missing some of the most fundamental capabilities that a project management software ought to have. It has been nothing but a hassle from the beginning to the end.

anthony
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Agency Implementation - Multiple projects, templates and checklistd

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use compared to JIRA and Notion. Our design goal of the next phase is to implement Checklists to provide the "process street" like project management for recurring services for outsource team. Slack integration is easy. But you have to pay license fees/per user if you want to retain records older than 30 days.

Cons:

Resource planning for 5 workers assigned to multiple projects did not easily provide a 360 view of the workers - but it could have been user error.

Omprakash
Sales in India
Maritime, 2–10 Employees

Integrated Project Management

3.0 last month New

Comments: It is good project management tool and once you put some time and effort it is useful.

Pros:

Integrated project management with mail, CRM and account

Cons:

Not simple and takes times to get use to.

Ephraim
Senior Product Manager in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Zoho Project is Cool

Comments: I am loving it but I need them to add sprint to it at no extra charge. Zoho should not take out features and build them into separate apps.

Pros:

I love that is part of the ecosystem and integrates perfectly with our mail, zoho mail and cliq. we even had to migrate from Slack to cliq

Cons:

It is complex and confusing to set up and I don't like the fact that is is not agile. I mean they have zoho sprint but it is a separate app. That is not ideal, if projects are for smart agile teams then sprint should not be a separate app that i have to pay for.

GREGOR
Director in Slovenia
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Review projects

4.0 last month New

Pros:

simplicity of use and web access inexpensive tool

Cons:

customer support and responsive time from zoho

Yannick
DevOps in Cameroon
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

My Experience zith Zoho Project

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The Task and subtask is good organized. my team like it

Cons:

I haven't found an offer for startups that allow us to have several months free to start our business

Sagana
Marketing Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Projects Management Made Easier by Zoho Projects

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Zoho Projects helps us manage our projects where we are able to resolve issues that arises while keeping track of the company's projects to ensure deadlines are met. Zoho Projects is effective and save on time as we can calculate time spent on a certain project which makes all our staffs work hard to meet every project on time.

Cons:

I feel Zoho Project is abit expensive as we can only subscribe for monthly or yearly subscription. I wish we can subscribe on project basis.

Design, 2–10 Employees

Extend free trial 10 days

Pros:

I like everything in it, there was nothing that I don't like.

Jason
Project Manager in US
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Out with the white boards

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Once we created the project templates and figured out our flow, Zoho became an integral part of our daily routine. It immediately solved our coordination issues and got everyone on the same page.

Cons:

Like most systems, setup was the most time consuming part. But all things considered it wasn't to bad. But I would recommend putting a lot of consideration into the front end with research on how to make templates.

Jaideep
Jaideep
Head of Product in India
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Great online collaborative project management tools with feature you have always wanted

Comments: While I have not used the customer support for Zoho Projects extensively, all of the other Zoho tools that I use have an extensive Knowledge Base, very active public forum where people respond quickly, in-built live-chat to chat with a customer service representative, and plenty of videos on YouTube to learn different aspects of the software.

Pros:

Zoho Projects has the following features - no restrictions on number of projects you can create. Easy to switch between projects in the same online interface vs managing multiple files. Ability to create workflow automations that trigger on event based activities, which enables standardization of processes. Ability to share projects with outside vendors/project participants and improve the collaborative nature of Project management.

Cons:

More flexibility on making the user interface more compact (like Excel or MSP). Current interface is well spaced, but some users may like a more compact view. More simplified Gantt Charts that help us understand progress and dependencies. Ability to export projects to Excel for sharing with others we can't/don't want to bring on to Zoho projects

Alternatives Considered: Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects: Zoho Projects is well suited for corporates who want to make project management a more collaborative tool rather than a PM managed tool. It's well suited for startups where founders/co-founders come from large corporate settings and prefer to use comprehensive project management tools over new age tools like Asana and Trello. Its well suited for those who appreciate the importance of dependencies between tasks and want to build and track comprehensive plans for their projects.

Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

A practical solution for small teams

Comments: It is a practical and easy to use project planning suite although it has limited functionality in the smaller plans that does not allow people to test it before committing to an upgrade.
You cannot test a project plan solution without properly using tasks and subtasks.

Pros:

Cons:

Problematic value for money for small teams that need more functionality. Also, there is no ability to customize functionality and price package.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects: Asana was not easy to use and coordinate team efforts.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects: Zoho is connected to the Zoho CRM solution- easy to switch within a unified environment

Pablo
Operation Leader in Argentina
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Great Product , great Value.

Comments: Overall we have a great experience, finally choose to other two Free Tools

Pros:

Easy to start to use.Many features.Good value for the money

Cons:

Hard to track time on the project (too many clicks ).Not so easy for the team to do de onboarding.Doesn't have a public and documented APIs for automation.

Alternatives Considered: Jira and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects: Free products with more features when you integrate them

Switched From: ClickUp and Clockify

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects: Better value for the money

Daniel
Daniel
Product Manager in India
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

All in one Project Management solution

Pros:

The capability to customize the project management settings is one of my favorite features in ZOHO projects. The customization feature is very easy to use as well, it caters to most of the project management requirements of my organization

Cons:

Nothing major, it would be great to see more standard templates for Agile project management practice as well. Best practices followed by peer organizations would be a great help for new users to adapt and make best use of ZOHO projects

Alternatives Considered: JIRA Service Management, Rally and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects: Ease of use and cost effectiveness is the two factor which made us take the decision

Eabyn
Graphic Designer in South Africa
Design, 2–10 Employees

Essential for managing large complex projects

Comments: Great, the platform is allowing our organisation to visualise and structure our schedules efficiently

Pros:

Allows for highly detailed project management that can be allocated to multiple users within our organisation

Cons:

With the benefit of complexity for large tasks the user interface can feel overwhelming at times

Alternatives Considered: Scoro

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects: Zoho seemed to offer more complex project management features

Switched From: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects: Zoho seemed to offer a more cohesive platform with Zoho projects as a feature program

Alex
Systems Analyst. in Colombia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zoho Projects, an easy-to-use, efficient and highly capable project management software.

Comments: The implementation of Zoho Projects was a success, Zoho Projects allowed us to manage, plan, coordinate and manage in a secure and easy way all our projects at work.manage, plan, coordinate and manage safely and easily all our projects at work, which helped us at the time of execution, development and completion, a very positive experience with this software, also their support team is great; very attentive, timely and willing to help with any request.

Pros:

We have used it for a couple of years and really Zoho Projects is a great software to manage, plan, coordinate and securely manage all our projects at work, a great advantage is that it is cloud based which allows us to access from anywhere and any device, it provides us with all the essential tools to manage our projects, at the same time provides a simple and intuitive user interface that can be navigated very easily and smoothly, its initial implementation can be carried out with very little effort, It also favors and encourages team collaboration and provides us with different means to communicate with team members, it is flexible and allows us to assign tasks conveniently according to the skills, knowledge and skills of each of the members, it also allows us to monitor the progress and development of the project which in the end is a plus for us because we can exercise more control in its development and execution to meet the objectives and delivery date, last but not least as is common and everyday in the tools provided by Zoho integrates very well with native and third party tools.

Cons:

I think Zoho Project is a great tool for project management, it offers a long list of benefits to whoever uses it, besides, it provides numerous functions and tools for the successful development of work projects, it is efficient, secure and works very well; Zoho Projects does an excellent job, we have not really had any relevant inconvenience during all the time we have used it, but I do consider that the task search function is limited and needs improvement because it only allows us to search for tasks within the product that is consulted at the time that is, it would be very useful that searches were extended to all projects that are stored in the tool to have a broader picture.

Roshi
Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Love this product- others don't compare!

Comments: Love this product and I recommend it for anyone managing something on their own, or with teams. There's just minor improvements, like the Tasks and Time tracking thing I mention above, that need refining.
And while customer service is also great (I can always reach a human),the knowledge base and Help sections needs user experience streamlining.
With the value pricing and the robustness of this product, I will always recommend this product to anyone - and do!

Pros:

Clear user design with logical and clear content and category designations. Love that they offer multiple view options for those who, say for example, would rather have a Kaban view over a more linear list breakdown. I have yet to find anything else as clearly user friendly and LOGICAL in organization. A lot of other sites I've used try too hard to be cool and modern, and actually end up causing user confusion with all their different layers. It's exhausting. But with Zoho Projects, I can go in quickly and get what I need! Also love how it interfaces with other Zoho products, such as Invoices, and I can export my time sheets. I love that I can hit a timer on my tasks, too. Overall, it has great standard operations with plenty of options for customization.

Cons:

Sometimes the invoice functions seem redundant to someone using the Zoho Invoices, and that has caused me to accidentally create some duplicates within Projects (when I was really just trying to create an invoice in Invoices), and I have had to clean up my own mess. That's the one area I think they made things a little more convoluted. I can't think of any other major cons - I've never had issues with this product. I don't use the Bug Tracker at all, so I can't speak to that. In Documents, it's unclear up front whether, when I pull a document in from a cloud, if it's going to sync any changes with that cloud app (like Google Drive, etc), or if it's just importing as is. Their Learning Center is also woefully organized. I can't search any topics, though the visualization videos you first land on are helpful for starters. But the info I REALLY can search is in the general Zoho Getting Started section...those knowledge centers should be merged and not be so confusing. Even the Forums in Projects help, I can't even search a topic on them on the landing page...so odd! And, lastly, it would be so great if Tasks had more Duration options. If it had an option where I could set a Task in HOURS, rather than only Days, then I could actually track something regularly hourly per week as well as track my weekly progress on it. Right now, I can't do that, I have to do that manually :( And, you can't seem to delete a Duration period once you've put it in (without also setting an end date). what if I just accidentally put in a duration?!

Jennifer
Paranormal tour guide in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Projects review by Jen

Comments: Once we settle on an idea we visit a location and live stream, or purchase a location and set up tours. Extensive planning is necessary for either scenario. Zoho Projects is a huge help at a small cost. It worked for our small but growing business.

Pros:

The product is user-friendly and budget-friendly. It's also Integration-friendly. No training necessary.It has project and task management, time tracking and budget tracking. Cross task tracking and multiple people per task. Resource management.

Cons:

The storage limit on the free account is 10 MB. Yes, 10 MB... Two projects and three team members at a time. The product doesn't have many extra features with any tier. No templates. No billing and invoicing. You can integrate with a billing and invoicing product but it's not as easy.Customer service department needs re-done completely.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project

Switched From: Microsoft Planner

Jason
Education Management
Used the Software for: Not provided

Zohoprojects - Lacks essential functionality

Comments: Zohoprojects looks good at first however there are some small bugs. More importantly there are MAJOR issues once everything is set up. Unfortunately we had to leave zohoprojects for privacy reasons.
Within the project management system as it is currently developed every user can see every comment and task for every other user in the project. We contacted zoho and there is no way of changing this.
Our setup currently is we have employees, contractors, managers and clients.
As far as zoho is concerned though all of the above make no difference as zohoprojects lets every user even the contractors see EVERY detail of every conversation and tasks between managers and clients.
Eventhough there are priviledge roles to prevent users from editing other users tasks they can still view EVERYTHING. Every login or message left, every detail, task, invoice etc generated for every other user.
Therefore two completely independent contractors for example could view absolutely everything that is going on with eachother. Absolutely ludicrous.
This is certainly a fundamental and very basic requirement which any project manager would expect out of the box.
Zohoprojects however seems not to care about it. We contacted them many times about this issue to find a workaround however there is none. We got a nice apology from India but unfortunately that is not enough. This lack of functionality can not be omitted. It is essential.
All it needs is a tick box within each project titled "Tick for Assigned users to be able to view tasks and milestones only" In summary:
If you are intending to use zohoprojects to manage one or more contractors and employees for your business then DON´T. You could do more damage to your business through this lack of privacy functionality than good if you do. As every project user can see EVERYTHING that everyone else is doing including any login or sensitive information that is posted. There is no way of making any message or task private. Also ALL client information can be viewed by EVERY user also.
Zoho does have a solution to client information being visible to all the users which is to set up one project for clients and one for workers.
Surely that negates the complete purpose of the system in the first place?
All I can say is "It´s a shame". Unless they fix it soon they will certainly lose huge amounts of customers and revenue just the same as they have now lost ours.

Pros:

When there are problems with the platform a very apologetic response from India arrives in your mailbox explaining that there is no solution.

Cons:

no privacy between users no privacy for clients from users

Juan
Industrial and Projects Director in Spain
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

My experience in ZOHO is amazing. My life changed when I discover this program.

Comments: My experience in ZOHO is amazing.We are a company operating in 7 countries (Spain, Morocco, USA, China, Vietnam, Korea, France). We are about 120 active people in product and process development.
ZOHO has allowed a correct platform to do the communication between different countries.
Also, we have improved the project procedure implementation.
We are 150 people in ZOHO projects. We are working in several countries (Spain, Morocco, France, Korea, China, Vietnam, USA). Now all projects for new products, problems solutions, etc, are managed in ZOHO with a acceptable level implementation of the procedure.

Pros:

Correct functionality for project management. Available basics tools. Easy and intuitive use. Very Cheaper High control of the activities by the managers

Cons:

Not possible to install in our server. This is a problem for us (not big problems, but we prefer run in our server). The GANTT view should be improved. It is not very clear, and complicated the export for communication with other people without access the system Document for training is poor. Not exist report system. somo people has not clear the daily task. The milestones are only informative (or I don't know the real idea of the ZOHO designers with this concept). A little complicated for the project manager (this is my case).

Jordan
Jordan
Software Engineer in Australia
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Comments: Zoho Projects, one of the best cloud-based program management and coordination tools, has an issue tracking app that facilitates networking and communication and speeds up project completion. Create a track of your activities using Zoho Projects' iOS mobile apps.

Pros:

A cloud-based initiative is a software creation activity that has more than one million customers worldwide. It enables you to effectively schedule and execute your activities. You can quickly delegate tasks, collaborate efficiently with all colleagues and partners, be mindful of all development reports, generate timely reminders of construction activity, and execute project schedules at a certain time of events. With a huge range of third-party frameworks, projects would be an excellent fit for the workplace.

Cons:

Zoho prototypes are difficult to customize. Its scalability is somewhat constrained for certain features. It is helpful for project creation, but it lacks a forum for individual communication. People do not like to rely on Zoho tasks to switch works to Excel in order to communicate with others.

Parth
Web Developer in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Collaborative Project Management Platform That Streamline Workflow

Comments: It is utilized throughout the organization as a collaboration tool to monitor project status, deadlines, and workloads. There are no limitations on how many projects you can make. I don't believe any other software now makes it easy for me to switch between multiple projects at once.

Pros:

In order to keep an accurate track of our customers' projects and share all of the most significant task highlights, it is quicker to deploy templates and follow tasks for our projects. Moreover, Ghannt charts and reports are included. It also has an accessible calendar. Compared to other platforms, it enables you to customize your tasks more.

Cons:

Not everything about time tracking is seamless. The mobile version is essentially useless. Sometimes the invoice function appears pointless. Basic features like repeating tasks are lacking.

Juan David
Juan David
IT Analyst. in Colombia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

An effective and astute tool for the management and administration of business projects.

Comments: Thanks to Zoho Projects we have been able to develop and successfully complete all our business projects as we planned on paper and on time, now with its implementation everything is easier to perform and achieve; Zoho Projects allowed us to plan down to the last detail; project activities, assign tasks and jobs based on skills and role, manage all the necessary resources and collaborate as a team in each instance and stage of development of each project which was very important and useful for us as a team and the company in general.

Pros:

It is easy to use and provides all the essential resources for complete and efficient execution of our projects; from planning to completion. Zoho Projects favors communication and team collaboration, as well as facilitates the supervision and careful control of the tasks that are assigned, Zoho Projects helps us to finish successfully and on time all our work projects.

Cons:

So far everything is going very well, Zoho Projects has been a great strategic ally in our company for the development of our business projects, I have nothing bad to say, it really is an effective and very functional tool.

Design, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Projects has a lot of tools for its price. But it tries a little bit too much.

Comments: As a project director of an office with 15 people designing it has helped me a lot to organize resource and track project insights early. But the daily users doesn't take the advantage of it.

Pros:

Zoho Projects is one of the softwares with more tools and connected to different platforms that I know. The ability to track tasks, hours. and other project indicators is awesome.

Cons:

Even tho is capable of almost anything that other software can do is a little bit "unfriendly" if you are not highly capacitated on it. It takes a lot of time for the daily user to log hours into different tasks and projects so at the end of the ay a lot of users don't use a lot of the tools. The same applies for the customer when you want them to use it. It is complicated and the notifications on everything sometimes annoy them. This is maximized with the lack of self customer service, more friendly and updated training videos or guides would help a lot.

mothanna
Project Manager in
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees
Used the Software for: Not provided

Project Management tool with wide capablities but lack a bit of common sense!!

Comments: Zoho provides great capabilities within their tools, but the problem is the user experience is horrible. This can be seen in both their project management and CRM tool.

Pros:

Fixed price and not based on number of users. Time tracking and Gantt chart as well as the ability of having different view of the tasks. For example we use the classic view for project management and Kanban view for task management and internal run of the business. Task list and sub tasks capabilities, as well as being able to allocate resources to subtasks. The ability to create an account for clients for limited view of the project. file storage and management, as well as document editor and spreadsheet editor.

Cons:

Here I will talk about the hidden problems that you won't notice unless you used the tool in real life projects. Can't save your filtered view and each time one logs in to their account they need to choose their view and apply the filter. when the subtasks timelines are not controlled by the timeline of the main task which doesn't make sense. For example if I create a main task that starts at the beginning of the month and finish by the end of that month, it is a common sense that all the subtasks should fall within this period. The tool is complicated to use and not easy to navigate and that put off some of our engineers to get active on it.