Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Sortly

The industry's simplest (mobile friendly) Inventory and asset tracking system. Trusted by 1000's of businesses. Get it for free today!

Learn more about Sortly

Jason R.
Histologist
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-25

"Sortly in the Laboratory Environment"

Comments: This was exactly the application that I needed when I started our Laboratory inventory system. It is easy for my staff to look up if we have any chemicals on site, and the ability to add custom fields and tags allows us to keep a list of all of our Hazardous materials and link the SDS(new MSDS) forms to the chemicals, as OSHA and other agencies require.

Pros: To be honest, it is 'dumb' software. It has a very basic structure that allowed us to fill in and sort things as we needed to without fighting against any templates or pre-designed structure that got in our way.
It is super easy to integrate the iOS/Android app as a barcode scanner, something that other inventory management software charges *thousands* of dollars for, as well as expensive hardware to use. Most of your employees already have cell phones, or can be issued ones for work easily.

Cons: It is not quite as intuitive of an interface as the design would lead you to expect. A few good video/YouTube tutorials would be helpful.
The team is still developing features as clients give them input, so things can change quickly. App does not always push to update versions and old versions can be out of synch with the database.
Uses Avery labels when I would prefer a zebra printer for printing labels.

Sean W.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-28

"Best inventory tracker I've found"

Pros: Sortly is easy to use, helps us update our inventory quickly and accurately, and is well worth the small cost. Having not just a photo, but tags and descriptions for each item is invaluable to our business as many of the designs have similar titles/themes.

Cons: Under the free version we had a limit on the number of items that could be tracked, but once we upgraded to the Pro version we've had no issues or complaints with the software.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-28
Melanie D.
VP Operations
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-05

"Easy to use and set up. Good value overall."

Pros: The app is easy to use and requires a minimal training period for users. It is aesthetically pleasing while being functional. Set up was quick, easy, and can be implemented same day.

Cons: It's missing some core functionality that would be helpful:
- Ability to choose which info is displayed first when pulling up a searched item. From our use, we need to see quantity and customer cost first, we don't need to see the QR code, it leads to unnecessary scrolling on the users part to access the info needed.
- Permission based views of fields per item. Such as the ability to hide fields, such as dealer cost from non-admin users.
-Permission based editing of fields.
- Ability to reprint QR labels that have been created
- Custom fields are great, but they are limited to text fields. A drop box feature would be great.
- Search field suing the web / computer doesn't work as well as the apps.
- Low inventory alerts are needed.
- a live support number would be highly helpful for any business.

Director of Operations and Events
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-21

"Great system that has really helped our business"

Comments: We have a wide inventory with multiple uses. Sortly has helped us consolidate information in one convenient location and given us the opportunity to see all aspects of our inventory under one 'roof.' The check-in/check-out process is quick and easy for anyone on our team and even though we don't use some of the tools that it offers, as our business grows it is nice to know that we have a system that can accommodate our diverse needs.

Pros: The software is user friendly, offers a lot of practical functions, and offers the exact needs for our business. Using it has kept us more organized, more efficient, and has saved us time and money.

Cons: The one feature that I would like to see added is the ability to move items in bulk based on a custom number, not the entire inventory.

Kensuke K.
Account Executive
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-13

"Simple and easy app to use"

Pros: I use this app to control the office supply and sample inventory. I like its simple template that I can easily change the setting. It is useful that I can save the picture of the material as well.

Cons: When I change the inventory, I liked the old version that I could simply press + or . Now I have to type in the number.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-13
Doug W.
Administration Director
Accounting Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-18

"Great Software at a Great Price"

Comments: We were trying to find an efficient and effective way to keep track of our office supplies without having to manually check stock levels every day. Sortly Pro solved that problem and at a great price point!

Pros: Ease of use. It was simple to setup and even easier to use on a day-to-day basis. Performs inventory management perfectly. The reminder features are especially useful.

Cons: The fact that you cannot use the barcode scanner for products outside of the category you are in. For example if you setup a category for office supplies and then try to scan something for kitchen supplies even though you are still in the office supplies screen, it will not let you. You should be able to scan any product from any screen.

Sheng A.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020-02-19

"Weird Scanner"

Comments: Overall the app was okay but the scanner part of it not working was a big turn off.

Pros: I thought this app was adequate. Entering items into inventory was pretty easy and it did everything it advertised.

Cons: Even though I initially enjoyed the app, the barcode scanner on it doesn't function properly sometimes. At first it was fine but when I got to about 5 or 6 items, the scanner refused to read barcodes. Also the free version is limited.

• Reviewed on 2020-02-19
Matt G.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-12

"Very Useful"

Comments: Sortly Pro is easy to use and the price is acceptable.

Pros: This product is great. We use it to track our tools and easily catalogue everything that comes in and out of our storage.

Cons: Product has only a small learning curve, once you use it a few times its very very simple. No notable "cons".

• Reviewed on 2020-10-12
Austin H.
logistics manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-25

"Great for keeping stock of our warehouse"

Pros: simple to use and a great UX we had everything set up in a day for an entire warehouse.

Cons: not an easy way to deduct items from the total count without recounting and just changing the number

Meredith M.
Speech-Language Pathologist
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-27

"Great tool"

Pros: As a speech therapist, I love that I can tag each item with a skill or concept. This is incredibly useful for when I am planning for my next session. I simply type in the skill/concept I want to target in the search tool and all the activities, toys, and games that are tagged with that skill pop up. Very easy and quick for planning.

Cons: Perhaps if there was a way to have the most tags or the most recent tags pop up when you are adding a new item would eliminate the time it takes to add new tags.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-27
Charley L.
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-06

"Ok"

Pros: Great visual and math features, easy to set up, with multiple folder options. Sorry, I don't have a hundred characters of pros, so I am just writing this to fill in he required space for this review to work.

Cons: Changes made when offline don't seem to sinc when you go online. Contrary to popular belief, don't always get web reception where the goods are, and even if you do, you have to wait for it to reboot after every single entry. If internet is slow, you can go ten times faster on paper.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-06
Maria M.
Lab Coordinator
Medical Practice, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-18

"Has lots of potential, but is lacking a bit of common sense"

Comments: It has been a process. I would love to be able to do a full switch of our inventory into the system however, it is difficult as there can be lots of mistakes that can happen that are difficult to track meaning that it is nearly impossible to reconcile properly.

Pros: When I was looking at the program prior to committing, the advertising and sell guide was impressive.

Cons: It is not easy to use. I find it frustrating often and it is difficult to find support. There are times when I need support right away and I have to "schedule" a meeting.

Eric R.
Eric R.
Studio Manager
Motion Pictures & Film, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-18

"Has changed our way of organizing photo/video gear"

Comments: Overall Sortly is incredible and I would highly recommend anyone on the fence about to get it. It's worth every penny.

Pros: Right away I love the ease of use. Sortly Pro makes it effortless to organize your inventory. The app isn't confusing like other inventory apps. I also love the ability to export/print PDFs.

Cons: I hope there's a better check-in/check-out system for gear.

Connor D.
Medical Sales Vendor
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-08

"I use sortly to keep track of inventory at various hospital locations in Los Angeles."

Pros: The overall functionality is easy to use and makes sense. Taking photos for each item makes it easy to record information. Tagging each item with specific instruments is great.

Cons: Items seem to disappear or move from account to account. This could possible be caused by updates but none the less makes things difficult.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-08
Xavier C.
Xavier C.
General Administration
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-20

"Sortly Pro - Mobile Rehab"

Comments: We have completely overhauled and streamlined our inventory/asset management processes with Sortly.. we have no complaints and will continue to utilize Sortly Pro going forward

Pros: Ease of use, simple functionality, strong and versatile capabilities

Cons: Tracking history/review of movement among folders

• Reviewed on 2019-01-20
Operations Specialist
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-01

"IT Inventory's Best Friend"

Comments: Love Sortly!!

Pros: Ease of use and flexibility. Love the app!

Cons: There's not anything I don't like. Sortly is a great product!

• Reviewed on 2019-02-01
Supply Chain Specialist
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-30

"Easy and Helpful Inventory Tracker"

Pros: Sortly Pro allowed our team to keep track of our inventory. Inventory updating is possible and easy. Barcoding is a feature that was mostly needed by our team for our supplies and Sortly Pro provided that feature. Sortly Pro allows our team to create reports and analytics regarding our products which is a great feature as well.

Cons: Needs more updates with its current features, but everything other than that works great.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-30
Jonathan S.
network support specialist

"clean experience"

Pros: I liked the seamless integration between web app and mobile app. pictures help coordinate things, and custom fields let me handle the specifics of our inventory without any hassle.

Cons: The mobile app glitched out on me once, but it was fixed with a quick reinstall. There was also a learning curve with making qr labels, but I figured it out, and that was more on my printer than anything.

Jenny N.
Practice Mngt
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-15

"Great way to sort out inventory!"

Pros: It's very user friendly. I was able to use it without any problems. Also taught other staff members and they were able to comprehend and help complete the task.

Cons: It doesn't recognize some of the barcodes when trying to scan them. It worked better on my phone then the iPad.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-15
Stephanie G.
Operations Assistant
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-24

"Amazing Inventory Tracking"

Comments: I LOVE how Sortly can reflect exactly what my company specifically is looking for. It is a program with user ease in mind. The customer service support team is also spectacular and they are always able to answer any problems I may run into.

Pros: I love the ease of use, cost, and different functions of the program. It is so simple to customize how this program works.

Cons: I do not have any complaints about this software, rather of short comings. I wish the program was able to be imported into QuickBooks on the server based platform.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-24
Dallas C.
Dallas C.
Customer Support Specialist
Consumer Electronics
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-05

"Sortly Pro has been a great tool in transitioning from the old spreadsheet into the 21st century."

Comments: The ability to track inventory on the go, efficiently.

Pros: The ability to create custom fields and specify the metadata for said field. Quick to add/move/remove/edit items with quick actions. The tagging system is an efficient way to group products. You can easily track quantities and move and adjust as needed on the fly with simply an app on your phone. You get the intricacy of a spreadsheet with the user interface of an app. If you can add/edit/remove items on a social media profile, then you are savvy enough to create a basic inventory system in this platform.

Cons: With any startup, you're going to have growing pains. They are still perfecting the system. The silver lining is in their response to customer feedback. I don't know if I would call this a con, but
there is definitely something of a learning curve. For instance, to create a detailed, intricate inventory system, properly, is going to take some trial and error. There are features and ways to manipulate the app that aren't necessarily apparent. For instance, understanding it's best to keep 'Folders' to a minimum and instead use the tagging system to identify and classify items. We have our own struggles with managing inventory, but once you get a baseline established, in a normal inventory environment, maintenance shouldn't be too labor intensive.

Bridget W.
Bridget W.
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees

"Perfect For Our Team"

Comments: We continue to use Sortly Pro as our go to source for our inventory management. It has been a great tool for our business.

Pros: Sortly is VERY easy to use. Adjusting inventory is a breeze and immediately updates. Our team is spread across the US and can all access our current inventory at all times on the Sortly app.

Cons: At first, the app was not available on Android applications which affected our teams ease of use. Now it seems like Sortly has ironed out the flaws and is running seamlessly.

Benjamin B.
Cinematographer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-04

"Perfect for Camera Equipment"

Comments: Sortly pro has been great. I was in the process of designing my own custom app for tracking my equipment, but am glad I didn't go too far down that road before I discovered Sortly.

Pros: What I love about this software is how flexible it is... if pressed for time I can quickly snap some pictures of what I need to inventory, and come back later to fill in the details. Also, the custom fields really help me fit it into my own systems. Also, the more you use the software, the less time consuming it becomes because the information tends to be already input... now I mostly am just moving things around.

Cons: A lot of what I do is basically "Checking in" and "Checking out" equipment... making sure what SortlyPro says is in the case is actually still there... there's no simple solution for that... but I've worked out my own way of doing it. I also wish the "History" option worked better for what I do... would be nice to be able to easily see where a piece of equipment has been... but the current format for History is basically a very complicated list.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-04
Robert F.
IT Installation Tech
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-06

"The App was easy to use and helpful at first, but in the end it did not do everything needed."

Comments: I was able to get a pretty solid list of inventory and was able to manage it manually for a few weeks.

Pros: I liked that I was able to take pictures and scan the product into any folder. I liked that i was able to create as many folders as I needed.
I really liked the style and functionality of the app. It just didnt accomplish everything that my bosses needed.

Cons: I was not able to search through my items by quantity, I would like to know what I am out of so that I can restock what I do not have. It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other users on the account. I pay for Users, and it would be nice to be able to message them about specific items arriving, through the same app. Maybe a notification system of some sort. I also wish that it were easier to move items back and forth from folder to folder. It is not as user friendly as it should be when it comes to searching for the folder to move the item into. Specifically on the mobile app because when searching for the destination folder you have to click on just the arrows on the right hand side of the parent folder. Maybe implement a quick touch and a hold down action. It would also be nice to be able to receive boxes and deliveries and be able to sort them into specific folders automatically, based on what is scanned. So predetermined folders.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-06
Kevin M.
Sales
Chemicals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-18

"Easy to use for basic inventory needs"

Comments: Overall Sortly has solved some of our problems with inventory management but to implement it on a wider scale it would be impossible to use as is.

Pros: Ease of use, simple to add and delete inventory.

Cons: Not being able to sort part numbers within the app. I wish there was a text only option to scan through inventory items easily without having screen real estate taken up by product pictures. The general layout of information, part number, lot number, etc should be editable. Especially the order in which it appears on the app. Labeling needs some help. Being able to set a specific QR code per item and reprint that specific one would be a really nice feature for inventory management. Being able to use a standard label printer to make labels vs using a sheet and standard printer. Or make your own thermal printer to use Sortly branded labels with the app!