15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Sortly

Sortly helps businesses track inventory, materials, parts, tools, and equipment—from any device, in any location.

Learn more about Sortly

Pros:

The marketing and labels look good - but that is about it.

Cons:

Items seem to disappear or move from account to account. This could possible be caused by updates but none the less makes things difficult.

Sortly ratings

4.5
4.4
4.2
4.3

8.3/10

Sortly has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 478 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sortly before?

Paul
Paul
Managing Director in Australia
Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Great Inventory Management System

Comments: It has been great. This is the 3rd inventory management system we used, its inexpensive, easy to setup, and staff are trained in it within 10 minutes. Very flexible program. We were looking at various solutions for inventory, and sortly ended up being the best.

Pros:

We could customise sortly, exactly to our needs, and make changes without having to hire a company to do it.

Cons:

I cant find any negatives about it. Ideally we would love an integration into our job management system. So as stock is sold in the job management system, items are deducted in sortly automatically.

Kathleen
Manager in US
Sporting Goods, 51–200 Employees

Great Addition!

Comments: We started with Sortly as a trial to see if it could easily and accurately track our inventory and also give us added features like visuals of the items and the option of generating a variety of reports. We did take our time with the transition to make sure we were comfortable with the new system. We worked on building our inventory in Sortly simultaneously while running our old system. We used the bulk import feature to add most of our inventory which was a plus. Overall the transition has been easy and is much better than what we were using. It is faster, accurate and user friendly. The search feature is excellent and the ability to easily generate a variety of reports is also extremely helpful. Overall I am very happy with Sortly!

Pros:

The ability to search for a product multiple ways and upload pictures of the product. I also like being able to print a variety of reports and always seeing the total value of our inventory at a glance.

Cons:

Not being able to list items in size order. There is also a lag time when updating quantities and adding photos.

Dayna

BEWARE, Annual Subscription Increases by 250%

Comments: Overall our experience has been good until the email we received 11 days prior to our subscription renewal. Sortly did not INITIALLY cost us as much as the other inventory solutions on the market so we overlooked a lot of the downfalls and lack of features. However, I wish we knew the rate had the potential to increase to $2,700 a year for a plan with 3,098 units. I would recommend saving yourself the trouble and invest your time and money with a company that will grow with you and not increase your subscription at their own discretion.

Pros:

Initial annual plan pricing. However, 11 days before our annual renewal we received this message, "Sortly plans are being reconfigured based on your number of entries and usage patterns. On your renewal date, your account will be adjusted to the Sortly Enterprise plan, billed at $2,760 USD per year..." from $1,080 we paid for our first year. We have 3,098 numbers of entries and the plan we have allows for 10,000 numbers of entires. We will not be receiving feature upgrades and after requesting further explanation for the significant rate increase we were told, "We are in the process of reconfiguring our plans." There is no way we could have known we would not qualify for our current plan. If you are a home staging business Stageforce and StrangeDNA have comparable pricing and many more features in Sorty.

Cons:

CAUTION the annual renewal rate is not as advertised!! After one year of use, we received an email stating that our price would increase to $2,750 for the next renewal (we initially paid $1,080 for the first year) for the exact same plan we have now. The "Ultra Plan" with 10,000 units is currently being advertised as $708 per year. Be careful investing your time and money into this software. Once you have configured your business or needs around this company they could increase your subscription by 250% like they have with us.

6 months ago

Hi Dayna, Thank you for taking the time to submit the review, and I apologize for any billing confusion. We would be more than happy to discuss this further with you to come to a positive resolution. Could you please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can look into this?

Sébastien
Interior Designer in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Sortly is an amazing inventory management asset!

Comments: Sortly is an integral part of our daily workflow in the office and when in the field with clients. It streamlined how we were able to keep track of hundreds of objects and made my job much more efficient. I love being able to print pages of the inventory that are attractively arranged so that I can create presentation binders for clients. I really can't speak highly enough of it. This is the one program that I really couldn't do my job nearly as well without.

Pros:

I'm an interior designer, and we use this to keep track of our client's inventory of furniture, artwork, and objects located in their houses, storage spaces, and at different vendors. I know that it's not what Sortly was designed for, but it works perfectly for it. It's very easy and convenient to be able to pull up the inventory and see what we've placed in different rooms, what needs to be pulled from storage, and what they actually own. It's very easy to add new items as needed. Sortly is indispensable in our day to day workflow and has literally transformed how we're able to interface with clients and manage their items.

Cons:

I wish that the option to crop and edit photos was consistent across platforms. I also wish that when there are multiples of an item that are located in different albums that the edits made to one apply to the other. But honestly, it is otherwise pretty close to perfect for our needs.

Eddie
CEO in US
Cosmetics, 11–50 Employees

Great for Small Companies

Comments: My team and I love sortly because of how easy and quick it is to use on our Ipads/Iphones. For a small company, you should not even consider another option... I did the research so you don't have to.

Pros:

Cost, Functionality, and Ease of use are the top reasons we selected sortly. It was easy to implement and quick for anyone to learn without much training.

Cons:

I think we were grandfathered into a plan and then had to upgrade to use features I believe were available in the original plan and then taken away and moved into a different plan. Don't quote me on this...... this happened a while ago.

4 months ago

Thanks for sharing your feedback on Sortly! We're glad to be part of your organizational journey. I understand how important it is to feel valued as a customer, and I'll make sure your feedback reaches the right people in our Leadership team for further review.

James
Configuration Engineer in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Application for Inventory Management

Comments: After testing out the trial version for a while and presenting this to our company owners they were thrilled to accept Sortly as our new inventory management software and we upgraded to Premium and have loved it ever since we utilized it. The cost per month for the level we have is very affordable as well.

Pros:

We love the ease of use, the barcoding, and the reporting features of Sortly. Our most favorite part of utilizing Sortly was being able to add photos of the parts for better identification and inventory management. Their customer service has been great for all of our questions and we are truly happy to have this system.

Cons:

Sortly is still working on feature improvements daily and we hope and look forward to a picking feature for pulling parts for jobs. Sortly truly cares about suggestions and opinions and will even keep you posted on the status of your request instead of leaving you guessing.

Valerie
Operations Manager in US
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Why Sortly Wins For Us...

Comments: It's been wonderful. I'm glad I did my due diligence and took the time to go over other products before realizing I didn't need to waste my time and money on others that had a bunch of features I wasn't going to need. While Sortly has features I can add on, as needed, I'm perfectly happy to be able to customize!

Pros:

I spent a couple weeks going through various online trials and zoom meetings with companies showing me how their company was "top notch" in asset tracking, inventory control and all these other things. Turns out a lot of the other things were all the other things I didn't need... and the things I did need, were never included in any plans. Sortly fit all I needed. It was perfect. It had the ability to customize and categorize the way I needed and I honestly haven't had an issue with it from the get-go. Set up was a breeze. We started out with handheld scanners, and have since upgraded to tablets, and the changeover was seamless.

Cons:

I'm honestly trying to find something I like *least* about Sortly, and I have nothing. My team has zero complaints, and they use it daily. Other than having to remind them to always use the same method of entry when entering a product (like typing the name in the same way...) - that's it. But that's a user issue, not a Sortly issue!

Ross
Director of Operatons in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and great for searches

Comments: We have been very happy with Sortly compared to our old system. It has been very helpful in keeping track of our thousand of different items.

Pros:

Sortly makes it easy to add Tags and other locators to easily find items within the system

Cons:

Adding permissions of new folders has to be done for each person individually.

Shaffi
Shaffi
Director in Kenya
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51–200 Employees

Sortly - A Game Changer

Comments: I am really happy with the product. It's very easy for me to do stock take and give access to my clients to their respective bins.

Pros:

The ease of setting it up and deploying it for my warehouse

Cons:

It's restriction on using barcode printers

Jovia
Events Services, Self Employed

Great inventory softwar

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I really enjoy using Sortly. I can across another inventory managment platform but Sortly was much better

Pros:

Able to attach multiple pictures of item, able to provide a detail description of product, easy to use

Cons:

I haven't found anything that I don't like

Angel
Health & Safety PPE Specialist in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201–500 Employees

Sortly, Inventory Management for every trade of businesses at accessible prices

Comments: It has help us get visibility from all departments around the world, manage and control better out spending and inventory. Makes work way easier to do without the paper waste, eliminates a lot of human error

Pros:

Helps me keep track of my inventory, the location of it and gives me alerts whenever an item is about to expire, this helps us to be compliant with OSHA and ahead of our game, preventing injuries and/or sanctions. We were unable to keep track in the past and pen and paper wasn't cutting it with the number of employees we currently have, Sortly made it so easy and accessible to all our managers all around the US. Price is way more accessible than most places that offer inventory services that starts in the thousands.

Cons:

It lacks instructional videos or easy access to assistance, sometimes you have to wait over 24 hrs for a response. Sortly has many uses and can be arrange in different ways depending on the kind of business you're running, you can add items, tools, equipment, personnel, vehicles, insurances, all kind of things, it should be hold back as an inventory tool only, seems you guys don't know what you created, and the potential it has to reach so many businesses.You should offer templates for startups, so we don't have to build from the ground up, seems you need to have a lot of time and creativity to get it going and to make it work.Report generating should be easier, sometime we run reports but we don't get the info we need, courses or videos abouty this sui

10 months ago

Hi Angel, Thank you for sharing your positive review of Sortly! We are thrilled to hear that our app has helped you stay organized and productive. We would be more than happy to discuss self-serve training options with you! Just send us an email - [email protected]!

Casey
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Sortly for inventory managment

Comments: I like it. It is not our main inventory tracker but has allowed us to integrate with what we are doing so we do not lose all information if someone accidentally deletes an excel or Google doc file.

Pros:

I love how we are able to track our products and inventory for our additional warehouse. It gives us visibility although it is not staffed 24/7.

Cons:

We track a lot with expiration dates. While we can add this feature into the programming, it is tougher to do when we have numerous cases of the same product with different expiration dates. Each group must be put in separately.

10 months ago

Hi Casey, We greatly appreciate your wonderful review of Sortly! It's fantastic to know that our app has helped you maintain efficiency and organization. We would be happy to provide suggestions for tracking items with multiple expiration dates! Please reach out to us at [email protected].

Denise
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Unhappy

Comments: The overall experience for me ended very badly because I paid out a lot of money on employees, putting the inventory into the system with the hopes that my entire inventory would fit into your system. We’ve reached out to you several times to find out if we were doing it properly if that’s the problem of why we can’t put our whole inventory into the paid amount.

Pros:

The pros to this says I love how easy it is to use. But that’s the only thing I like about it.

Cons:

I’m just a small balloon company with only a couple people working for me and your product is not have the ability to hold my full inventory even at a high price. It was a total waste of money, and all the hours I paid my employee to scan in the inventory to the point that it was full, which was not all of my inventory plus paying for the membership and it was a total loss of money. Totally overpriced, and totally not functionable.

11 months ago

Hi Denise, We appreciate you taking the time to review Sortly and provide your feedback. We are sorry that your experience wasn't positive and would like to take the time to make this right for you. Please email [email protected] and we can assist further.

Julia
Project Manager in Denmark
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Overall satisfied with Sortly

Comments: Overall Sortly has significantly improved our laboratory's inventory management by providing a user-friendly platform, efficient tracking capabilities, customization options and convient mobile accessibility.

Pros:

Sortly is a user-friendly interface. It's functionality for keeping track of kits is excellent. It is available as a mobile app, which is a major advantage. The notification system helps us stay on top of important tasks, such as monitoring expiration dates og restocking kits. It sends reminders and alerts.

Cons:

Barcode scanning limitations: In our laboratory we utilize kits from various manufactorers, each with their own unique barcodes. It would be beneficial if there was a seamless integration between Sortly and these barcodes, enabling us to effortlessly scan them and instantly view the quantity of kits available. Moreover, it would be ideal if Sortly could automatically capture the expiration date of the oldest kits, streamlining the process of tracking and managing expiration dates.

11 months ago

Hi Julia, We appreciate your wonderful review of Sortly! It's great to learn that it has aided you in staying organized and productive. Your feedback means a lot to us. I'll pass your feedback about bundling and kitting to our Product team. If you have any questions, suggestions, or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Laura
Director, Operations in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Sortly has helped operationalize our organization

Pros:

Sortly has helped our team track and manage assets. We initially started using the tool to better track and manage our hardware assets across all of our offices, however we've expanded to also tracking software applications and licenses. This has been an incredibly helpful tool to manage involuntary separations and have a one-stop-shop to know what our team members have and what hardware is available to us in each of our offices. This has resulted in cost savings because it's preventing unnecessary spend on assets we already have in our pocession.

Cons:

N/A The only thing that comes to mind is better reporting or customization for assets that are beyond technology.

4 months ago

Hi Laura, Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're thrilled to hear you're finding Sortly useful and that our Customer Support team is helping you along the way. Your feedback is crucial in helping us enhance Sortly's capabilities. If you'd like to provide some more information about the reporting options you would like to see, please do not hesitate to let us know through our submission platform at http://tinyurl.com/2p99r3bt or by emailing [email protected]

Nico
Operation Manager in Belgium
Facilities Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great product

Pros:

Easy backoffice with easy and fast implementation. No more missing parts thanks to alarm levels for low qty with an automatic mail.

Cons:

For a basic field user, the increase/decrease of parts is too far hidden. A start screen with just 2 buttons to add or remove parts and a next screen with a scan and qty field could be useful.

10 months ago

Hi Nico, Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay on top of things. I'll pass your feedback about the UI along to our Product team. If you have any questions, suggestions, or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Scott
Director in UK
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Great Product - Would be Perfect With a Few Additions.

Comments: An invaluable tool, that saves us money by eliminating guess work when purchasing and ensuring cash is in the bank and not needlessly on our shelves.

Pros:

Extremely user friendly interface, cost effective inventory manangement using either mobile phone, desktop or iPad. Puts Inventory management into all of our team members hands at a minimal cost.Makes purchasing stock efficiently a breeze with csutomisable PDF inventory reports, that make extremely good shopping lists.

Cons:

Sortly is missing some features that would make it perfect for us. Ability to scan in cases which update the individual quantities.Kits or BoM, Scanning a SKU Barcode reducing the correct quantity of all parts.Integration with Xero Inventory management, which would allow syncing of realtime parts pricing for example.

11 months ago

Hi Scott, We are so happy that you are enjoying Sortly and appreciate you taking the time to submit a review! I've passed your feedback along to our Product team for review and if you have any other feature requests, please let us know at [email protected].

Heather
Marketing Coordinator in Northern Mariana Islands
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Inventory made fun

Comments: Sortly has made managing our inventory fun! There, I said it. All of our items in one place. Categorized in a way that makes sense to us. With photos so there is no confusion by only having product numbers that no one really knows. We see the value, the quantity, the item type, the variants, etc. all in one place. And, it's mobile! Our inventory used to be a guessing game before Sortly. Now, we always have confidence in what products are in stock.

Pros:

Photos! With so many similar items, photos make differentiating products a breeze. Additionally, it's so easy to input items. There is no putting it off because it's too time consuming.

Cons:

When viewing items from the folder view, it would be nice if the items individual value was also shown, not just the total value of inventory in that item entry. Additionally, I find History is not always accurate.

11 months ago

Hi Heather, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and rate Sortly! We would happily submit a feature request for you ([email protected]), or you can submit it in the app by clicking on 'Product News'.

Ben
Project Manager in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Sortly Saved Our Projects!

Comments: I searched through several inventory software programs and none were designed with the user in mind like Sorlty. The program and application are fast and intuitive!

Pros:

The creation of an item is so easy to use. We were able to inventory over 14,000 items in a very short period of time. The offline function was so crucial to a remote 7 month project we had overseas.

Cons:

The only thing we found as a con was the limited users.

Karen
President in US

Staging inventory management

Comments: We are able to move and add to inventory on the go without being in the warehouse. Or select inventory for our next staging job without being in the warehouse.

Pros:

The ability to make a quick photo and add an item to inventory on our mobile phone is necessary to our use of Sortly.

Cons:

We move inventory in and out on a daily basis. There are too many steps to move an item, especially if you found that Iitem by searching for that category. For instance, if I search for "chair" and there are several chairs to move to a new house, then I can only move them one at a time. If you don't search for an item you can move multiple items at one time.

10 months ago

Hi Karen, Thank you for your amazing review of Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. You can move items in bulk to make the process easier and more efficient! We have instructions here: https://help.sortly.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016384492-How-to-Bulk-Edit-Items-and-Folders. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]!

Katie
Office Manager in Canada
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Helped us Sortly out some problems!

Comments: It's helped us sort out our tool sign-out process, manage uniform inventory, and will eventually become a house for our shop inventory items to help prevent expensive year end write offs for unaccounted for inventory.

Pros:

Being able to move some pencil and paper processes to one simple app is convenient. We're do not have a high-volume of inventory that requires constant monitoring, rather it keeps everything in one simple place. It allows staff in house or out on site to view what items we have and where they're located before making the trip back to pick it up.

Cons:

I do feel that it is a bit pricey for limited number of individual users that can have access.

10 months ago

Hi Katie, Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! Your feedback is very important to us. We're happy to hear it's helped you stay efficient. I'll pass your feedback about pricing and plans to our Leadership team. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at [email protected]!

Steven
VP of Sales in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

S. Albert Glass

Comments: Really like the software but I have been suggesting an upgrade to the alert system for years and just am not getting the traction I would like to see on this. Also sorting of fields isn’t consistent, and mobile app shouldn’t have to DL items it should just pull the items/pix like it does on web

Pros:

Ease of item entry. System is clean and legible

Cons:

Alerts: need to be better, have more info to stream line processes. Needs an OCR function on the camera

10 months ago

Hi Steven, Thank you for taking the time to review Sortly! We're thrilled to hear that Sortly is helping you stay organized. I'll pass your feedback about alerts and camera functionality along to our Product team. If you have any questions, suggestions, or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Lisa
Account Manager in US
Environmental Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great product for the price

Comments: This is a very user friendly system; able to set up in minimal time. Customer support has been good to answer questions. We did not pay for the Enterprise edition so that is something we are looking into right now.

Pros:

Sortly is easy to use and to set up. Good support that is always responsive to questions. inventory is easy to move around as needed. Import process is very easy to use as well.

Cons:

We use thermostat serial numbers so it would be great if those could be put in some kind of alphabetical order when you are searching through a pick list. It does have limited number of items unless you pay for the Enterprise edition; that is fair but sometimes limited when you have alot of inventory over time.

4 months ago

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your awesome review of Sortly! We're thrilled to hear it's helped you stay efficient and on top of things and that our Customer Support Team has been able to assist you! I’ll pass your feedback about sortly serial numbers in alphabetical order along to our Product team. You can check the status here: https://sortlyinc.frill.co/b/5079l5m1/feature-ideas/sorting-by-custom-fields Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at [email protected]!

Chad
Inventory logistics Manager. in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

My go to Inventory control app

Comments: I have been useing this program for 4 and a half years so far with 2 different companies.
I liked it so well i left one job and started a new job for a diffrent company and brought the system with me and set it up for the new company.

Pros:

The ease of Setup,Implementation,Customer service is fantastic and knowledgable. The reports you can run are a life saver as well in my line of work.....

Cons:

There is nothing i can think of that i dont like about this company or the service they provide 10 out of 10 in my book.

Brandon
Project Analyst in US
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Review for Telecommunications Inventory Management

Comments: Great overall experience. Application runs smooth. I have yet to dabble with the scanning features

Pros:

This product greatly helped us track a wide array of different telecom equipment. I found your product through a recommendation from a colleague last year and have been using Sortly since then to track our inventory. This have been a vital tool in being able to track equipment going to several different sites and all details that go along with the equipment.

Cons:

One functionality that would be nice to have is the ability to create multiple items of the same model # with different serial numbers without having to use the "variance" feature. However, I am not a programmer and have no idea what goes into creating applications like this. The "variance" feature works great and is only a minor inconvenience. Another addition I would like to see is the ability to pull a report for a specific tag within a folder or to pull a report based on a search parameter. For instance, we have multiple install locations for a certain job type and unless I created an individual folder for each location I am unable to pull an inventory report for a specific site, even though I create tags for each install location and can use that tag to search for the equipment I need to look up.