15 years helping Canadian businesses

Microsoft Teams Reviews

4.5 (9,459) Write a Review!

About Microsoft Teams

Cloud-based application developed for business communications that helps manage chat, meet, file sharing, and more.

Learn more about Microsoft Teams

Pros:

Microsoft Teams is a from a very strong platform and has good integration ability with same platform.

Cons:

Sync with desktop prone to errors. The UI for editing in teams is horrible and prone to errors.

Microsoft Teams ratings

4.3
4.2
4.4
4.4

8.4/10

Microsoft Teams has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 9,459 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Teams before?

Filter reviews (9,459)

Jason
Jason
Computer Specialist in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great online meeting tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

MS teams is an amazing tool that I was able to hold meeting perfectly. User interface also good. Easy to share the screen and easy to create and join to meetings.

Cons:

Some times, meetings are lagging, auto disconnecting. Don't know what should I do to that. Others features are fine

Luca
Software Engeneering in Italy
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

Perfect tool for remote collaboration

4.0 last month New

Comments: I would say that the overall experience is great. MS Teams represent the main software for company's employees to comunicate with colleagues and increase collaboration

Pros:

It's not all about a chat tool. Microsoft teams become the access point for the whole organization to access all the collaboration tools. We set MS Teams as hopepage of the organization. Within MS Teams we are able to open direclty all the MS office suite documents, like presentations, spreadsheets and so on.

Cons:

PC resource consumption need to be decreased.

Translation & Localization, 201–500 Employees

Teams or teams new?

3.0 last month New

Comments: Overall the experience is good, but I don't have many other products to compare this to.

Pros:

The integration with other products of the office suite is a plus

Cons:

The new teams looks better than the old one, but glitches and bugs appear daily - like issues with microphones, connection issues, statuses not updating...

Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

The perfect IT collaboration platform - MS Teams

Comments: Overall, it has been an amazing experience and I wont love to see what new features are we up for in the future.

Pros:

I like the overall efficency of the app at everything. Also, the "grant screen access" is an amazing feature which I love.

Cons:

There is a certain bug with the pc and android app is that if u connect ur Bluetooth headphones later once u have already picked a call, the headphones don't work automatically. You have to cut the call and again connect with the person.

Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Online meetings with Microsoft Teams

4.0 last month New

Comments: I've beeen using Microsoft Teams for online meetings, screen recording, and video conferences, the audio and video quality is great, but other features are not well implemented at all.

Pros:

Greate audio and video quality, good integration of Microsoft products, screen recording, meeting recording.

Cons:

The windows and mobile versions are too heavy, consume too much resources and it's optimized.

Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Great Tool for IT and Business

5.0 last week New

Comments: It's been a consistently solid communication tool that keeps adding great features.

Pros:

It's not only great for meetings, but has a vast amount of connectors to other software that helps integrate everything in one place.

Cons:

Compared to Slack, it lacks some features that cater to software development teams.

Construction, 51–200 Employees

Value vs effective communication

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The ease of use is great with the ability to add files and pics makes it exceptionally good

Cons:

There are some restrictions that are not applicable but the good out weigh the bad

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

My IT experience with Microsoft Teams

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is easy to connect with the team and keep track of the progress of the work. We can share our work with the team through calls and instant chat using Microsoft Teams, which is very convenient. Additionally, we can record meetings for future reference. The screen-sharing feature in Teams allows us to share our work with the team more efficiently. Microsoft Teams has many features, including the ability to express emotions using emojis during meetings.

Cons:

Microsoft Teams is an excellent communication platform that boosts team and organizational productivity, and there is nothing to dislike about it.

Chiara
Chiara
Stagist software engineer in Italy
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for remote work

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Teams has everything. Screen sharing, shared calendars, chat messaging. We used it in university for online classes and now I use it at work.

Cons:

It's a bit hard to wrap your head around at first. The desktop app is not free if you don't have a school or work account.

Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

MS Teams Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

MS Teams is great tool to use for online meetings. Interface makes more easy to use it and save time. Also screen sharing was perfectly worked and mobile access also helpful for me sometimes.

Cons:

Nothing have say any dislike features of this tool. Everything thing was perfect.

Gina
Senior Data Architect in US
Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

Great concept, needs some work

Comments: We are much more able to organize our team documents, have chat messages (with history) that we can use to communicate more effectively (instead of searching through email inboxes/folders). If they could make it so that we can have more than one tool, document, chat, etc open at a time - it would be much more useful and functional for our needs.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is the ability to have a team site where you can communicate with members of the team and store/share documentation. I like that we can create a "meeting" with notes/tasks, etc within it. I work on many different projects and we are using the "Teams" sites as a way to organize our documentation for each project - have meetings that contain our notes- have team chats and even a "board" for posting items on that the whole team can view and comment on. The biggest advantage comes with the fact that we have many people working remotely and this way everything can continue as if everyone is on site.

Cons:

The most frustrating part of this software is the fact that it is a single window only- you cannot open more than one item at a time. So, if I am in the middle of editing a document and someone sends me a chat message- I have to exit the document to look at the chat message (and respond) then go back into the Teams file folders and traverse back to the specific document location (because it reverts back to the main page) and once I find the correct document again- I have to re-open it to continue (unless I am editing it outside of the Teams app - which I do sometimes for this very reason). This makes it very confusing to keep track of what I was doing - I end up waiting to check a chat message until I am able to reach some point in my editing that is a logical place to save and stop. Which then kind of negates the whole timeliness advantage of using a chat over email.

Dominika
Training Specialist in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

How our team uses Microsoft Teams

Comments: Microsoft Teams serves our team well. It has all the functionalities and integrations that we may possibly need and we don't have to pay extra for it as it is part of the Office Suite. With Teams, we can do and share everything without having to go to a different tool, like Skype, Mural, Lucid Chart, SharePoint etc.

Pros:

There are a few features that I personally love about teams: 1. Ability to add additional applications. In teams, you can link other apps to your team page and this way it makes Teams a one stop place for us. Not only I am able to link different kinds of Microsoft tools Powerpoint and Word, but also third party tools like Lucid Chart and Mural that we use for diagrams, Ruum for project management, Trello etc. 2. Planner tool. Planner is my favorite feature to use in Teams. It is similar to Trello and Asana, but in my opinion much better and more clear. It is easy for me to organize tasks by different criteria, have different column views, label things and color code them and link other assets in Teams to these tasks. This makes my project management part of the job really easy and quick. 3. Ability to have multiple tabs in team pages. This makes it easy to make these team pages very organized and look put together. My team has different PDFs linked as one of the team pages tabs, we use a Wiki, excel and many more.

Cons:

There are a few little things, like not being able to have multiple team pages or folders open at once, for example. It also is a little buggy from time to time, for example, it wouldn't let me rename folders under certain circumstances, but would work an hour later.

Mark
Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Teams simplifies communication

Comments: We have been very happy with Teams and I recommend it to everyone I work with.

Pros:

Teams centralize most of the internal communications of my clients. I use it to interact with them and they use it to communicate clearly with each other. By that I mean we have set up channels for all of their different tasks and they can easily post questions or information pertinent to that channel easily and keeping the information organized. We also use it to conference with customers and it allows us to share our screens so that we can all see the information at the same time. It is very easy to schedule these conferences or to create one ad hoc.

Cons:

It has been confusing knowing what needed to be configured to allow customers to dial into a phone number for conference calls. I upgraded users that needed this functionality and added minutes to their accounts so that customers could call in, but the minutes were never used even though they used this feature. I wouldn't have spent the money on it if it was clear that it was unnecessary.

Kacie
Kacie
Marketing Manager in US
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Still some kinks to work out when collaborating with others

Comments: It's great for scheduling video calls and for quick feedback or approvals when trying to cut down on inbox clutter. But your organization must create rules for which content belongs in Teams, and which on email... otherwise you'll find yourself having to search multiple sources for documented approval or that one PDF you need to forward along to another user.

Pros:

Teams has a useful mobile feature that allows me to answer questions on the go. Individual chats as well as "teams channels" for multiple users are meant to streamline collaboration, including live document editing by multiple users. Similar to Zoom, the platform also allows for video calling that integrates with Outlook and integration with Sharepoint means that documents that are difficult to find in Teams are still backed up on the cloud.

Cons:

Teams is a bit clunky. Editing documents within the platform is glitchy, especially when using a Mac - PowerPoint content looks as if it's bleeding off the page, and fonts are automatically substituted if one user hasn't installed the correct fonts, meaning that it's still often necessary to download PowerPoints and word docs for finalization. It's also easy to become overwhelmed. Users must receive extensive training - creating a chat for multiple people is one thing, while creating a Teams channel is entirely another (although their functions are on the surface level, the same). When a new teams channel is created, so is a new email address. My enterprise conducted months of training and many users, especially those who are less confident with tech, still expressed frustrations or made mistakes that necessitated IT involvement to fix. We've also experienced issues with video call feedback and dropoff.

Satya
Senior Fullstack engineer in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Nice Team Meeting and chatting tool

Comments: The Experience is Awesome and I recommend this Tool to be used by other companies also for better collberation among the Team.

Pros:

Microsoft Teams is a very nice and collaborative Tool. Video calling is very good and bright. Virtual Background setup is awesome. Sound Quality and Picture Quality is Perfect. Perfect tool for Team discussions and meetings. If a meeting will be started by any of the member then notification will come saying meeting is started by the member which is a great reminder. Great Team channel can be created for internal discussion. Its easily downloaded on Phone.

Cons:

The Software is not available outside the network. There is no Reminder event functionality.Phone availaibity is not that good.

Arun
Arun
Manager in India
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Quintessential Team Collaboration tool for enterprise.

Comments: Amidst the pandemic era, Microsoft Teams ensure that you are well connected with your team even if you are 1000 miles away from office. This powerful tool helps you to stay organized and to collaborate effectively with your colleagues

Pros:

Integration with Office 365, since Teams is a Microsoft product, it integrates smoothly with office 365 software like PowerPoint Word Outlook and Excel. Customizable notifications, if you are a member of a number of active channels you may get frequent and this can be distracting. This is where you can customize notifications to your preference. Whiteboard as the name suggests it is a virtual whiteboard which allows participants of a meeting to write, sketch and draw to share valuable information. Creating a colorful pie chart on a whiteboard is something I enjoy doing. Ability to change your background in meetings. One of the best features considering most of us are working from home. You can use the background of your choice or the ones available within the app. I believe meeting recap is a great feature which helps participants of a meeting to later review the important points discussed after the meeting is over.

Cons:

The user interface can be overwhelming for a new user and you may require the assistance of your IT team to set it up for the first time.

Medical Devices, 201–500 Employees

Why Choose Microsoft Teams!

Comments: In this new era we need a reliable communication platform that is easy to understand, easy to execute and worth its price. Microsoft Teams makes your team management, online teaching, online meeting, client presentation and even your child online class a fun experience because its easy to use.

Pros:

Cons:

Overall I have no complaint with this product. I have used all the communication platform either paid or free to use but Microsoft Teams is the best.

Alex
System Analysis in Canada
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Improve inner company communication and focus email on external communications

Comments: Previous to using Teams most of our inner company communication was done via email, which lead to the every user have large mailbox sizes. It was this abundance of inner company emails, a lot of times with files attached, that lead to the death of our old Exchange email server and the migration to Exchange 365. Since Teams was included with our Office 365 subscription I made a push to get people to try it out. Once we over came the initial push back our employees started to realize the benefits of having a dedicated program for inner office communication. Eventually this started branching out to utilizing the collaboration and meetings features of the program. Teams has presented us with a cheap solution to many of our company's communication and collaboration issues and the adaption of it has definitely lessened the impact that new working conditions imposed by the pandemic has had on our company.

Pros:

The chat feature is a excellent alternative to using email for inner company communication. Text conversations are much more readable than long email chains, and the option to have voice, video, screen sharing and file sharing all in one place has made inner company communication much easier.

Cons:

The 'Teams' themselves are not as intuitive as they could be and it has taken longer to get our employees to buy into them as a means of collaboration and communication compared to chat. Looking through old conversations is cumbersome and finding old discussion topics is not as ease as email. While a word search is available it only will display a single message when a result is click without the additional context of surrounding messages. More options for viewing a searching old conversations would be extremely useful. The desktop Teams app uses a lot of RAM, older computers with less than 16GB might struggle to run it and other programs, which defeats the purpose of the application if it is not available all the time.

Robert
Development Manager, R&D in US
Machinery, 10,000+ Employees

Getting closer to everything one could want...

Comments: On the whole, Teams is critical to the success of my everyday work and performs it's function well.

Pros:

Teams continues to get better over time to the point that each of it's applications, say meetings for instance, is nearly on par with it's competitor's offerings; however, the advantage that Teams has is that it is an all-in-one application. As both an engineer and project manager, this multifaceted application, with a centralized file keeping system, is crucial in keeping track of everything.

Cons:

There are a few features that would improve the experience: 1.) For meetings, it would be nice to be able to draw on the screen of other colleagues. The whiteboard function offered by Teams is good, but it's not quite as good as being able to draw directly on another's screen as can be done with Zoom. For engineer's, that would be a big bonus. 2.) There should be the option to add words to the dictionary, as with other MS applications. This is particularly a bit annoying for meeting notes. 3.) The search function needs a bit of work. There's not an easy way to search the words in the given application (e.g. searching for text in the meeting notes is not easy). Also, the file search isn't always that great returning confusing results sometimes. Perhaps with more customization options for the user's search (i.e. like do you want to search for files, photos, text, documents, etc.) this would be more targeted and helpful.

Head Coach in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Probably switching to Slack and Zoom

Comments: Microsoft Teams does a good job. I don't want it to sound all negative, when it is a good videoconferencing solution. But, the User interface can feel a bit overwhelming, and the fact that Zoom is much more widely adopted, ultimately means that I'm likely going to switch back to Zoom, as I feel that they have done a good job of fixing the security holes that led us to switch over to Teams in the first place.

Pros:

It's handy to have a software that is connected to my email provider, and it's relatively simple to use. We originally made this switch due to privacy concerns with Zoom, and it does carry out most of the functionality we need at least internally. I do like that the default video quality is 1080p, and the number one reason for switching over from Zoom was security concerns, which Microsoft definitely does a fantastic job of. Microsoft Teams is more secure than Zoom.

Cons:

It's not as widely adopted as Zoom, and so I find myself ending up using both softwares, one for internal organization and one for the public, and that ends up being inefficient and inconvenient. I also find that Zoom is a simpler interface to use. Microsoft teams has so many different features and options that it can almost feel overwhelming. A lot of functionality seems like it ends up being an overpowered software for what we need.

Publishing, 51–200 Employees

Our Global Team Easily Collaborate In Realtime via Audio/Chat/Video

Comments: We are able to meet and keep our remote team together with Microsoft Teams and also easily communicate with third party individuals with Microsoft Teams now accessible via the browser so no need for installation of an application.We also can easily schedule interviews and reviews.Collaboration is very easily as well and we have been using Microsoft Teams to create instructional videos

Pros:

We like most how we are able to keep remote team together and have meetings with everyone at different timezones whether they are stationary, at the office or in transit.Scheduling meetings is easily and synchronize with Outlook's calendar.We are able to screenshare to better collaborate, share documents so persons can see documents in realtime while we discuss a matter.We are able to use Microsoft Teams like a remote access software similar to Team View and this is a great help for third party staff who have IT related issues where we do not install the corporate remote access tool since those devices are personal devices.

Cons:

From a technical standpoint we do not like that Teams calendar feature is dependent on Microsoft exchange or Outlook's calendar so this is an issue we have for our users who are not using Microsoft exchange.It would be great if Teams had its own calendar or have the option of using its own.

Neon
In-Charge Associate in US
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

A Great Communication & Collaboration Tool

Comments: My firm had recently switched over to Microsoft Teams after utilizing our own internal system and experimenting with Slack. The reception has been overwhelmingly positive, and most of us now use it daily; even more than Outlook. There are many creative ways to use and integrate Teams into your work day, both for productivity and pleasure. If your Company is looking for an all-in one collaboration and communication system, look no further.

Pros:

My teams and my firm as a whole LOVE the collaborative features of Microsoft teams. Microsoft teams was quickly adopted and fully integrated into our firm infrastructure. The tools at your disposal including making self contained teams, firm-wide chat system, and the seemingly endless supply of applications that are integrated right into the system have been astounding. It's a daily tool for all of us, and across the board, we always seem to find new and collaborative uses for it. We have even managed to integrate our outside clients into various team groups in order to more easily communicate and share files for our audits. Integrating Onenote, having wikis, being able to link in web-apps, and our outlook calendears have been a game changer, and everyone has found their productivity has increased significantly. Teams also has some fun features that everyone can use to throw in some enjoyment in with their business. Things like animated GIFs, awards, emojis and more ensure that everyone can utilize the software for both work and pleasure, and many of us have established our own "casual" teams in order to have some fun talking with coworkers in our downtime.

Cons:

While the software is extremely customization, there are some weird quirks here and there. For one, some of our teams have integrated the software with our communications with outside clients. However, there is no way that we've been able to find to restrict clients from entering the "general" chat. The solution is to create two separate teams, one for use with clients, and one for strictly internal use only, however, that tends to become cumbersome. Permissions in general are quite limited at times it seems. Sometimes we would like only certain individuals to be able to access tabs or files, but as of the time of this review, this doesn't seem to be possible. Also, the integration with Microsoft Outlook is apparently difficult, and according to our IT department, it was quite costly. While we did manage to get it done for the most part, it seemed like it would have been much easier to keep outlook calendars and teams 100% separate, but that ruins the point of an all in one infrastructure.

Chief Information Officer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

We use Teams, but...

Comments: Video chats / calls are fine. Chat is OK. File management is OK for simple use cases, horrible for complex use cases but can be "fixed" if you're willing to look at SharePoint that sits behind Teams. Finally -- syncing between your computer and Teams / SharePoint is actually handled by OneDrive. When it's configured right and working, OneDrive is very effective. But actual control and configuration is severely handicapped by dreadful UI and options management. We use Teams because we get a lot for the money, and we can muscle our way through it. But it's not a polished and pleasant experience for any but the most trivial configurations.

Pros:

Quick to set up initially, pleasant looking user interface, significant functionality out of the box.

Cons:

After we got past our most trivial initial use case, we started to see the less-than-nice guts under the covers of Teams. The actual management of Team members, "projects", chats is convoluted, inconsistent, limited, and far from intuitively obvious. The fact that you're limited to a single UI window while in Teams is awful - I cannot, for example, have one window open for Chats and another open to examine the files that pertain to a team. I must switch what's showing in my one window to move back and forth -- how incredibly primitive! File storage is stilted and awkward in Teams. The distinction between Internal and External team members complicates this. Giving access to a single file, or to a "folder" in Teams to an external team member wasn't even a possibility a month ago, and I stopped even trying. You'll see the workaround below, but it works due to more architectural weirdness in the product as you'll see (read down)... The file storage in Teams is actually in SharePoint. From any point in the Teams file hierarchy, you can "view in SharePoint" instead, which takes you to a SharePoint web interface. From there, you can see that Teams is exposing a subset of what has been set up for you in SharePoint. Happily, once in SharePoint, you have far greater control over file sharing, permissions, version control, restoring old versions, etc. Accessing the same files in Teams is like trying to touch type with a pair of winter mittens on -- it's extremely limited.

Karolis
Innovation manager in Lithuania
Semiconductors, 501–1,000 Employees

Microsoft teams for studies and work

Comments: All in all, despite some technical glitches, it works fine for us and we chose corporate version for all our internal and external meetings and we are quite happy with it. The online meeting quality is really good.
If we could share files in browser app during meeting, then the software would be perfect.

Pros:

I like that it works using browser when we are having a meeting so I do not need to install the desktop app and I like the cleanliness of the meeting page (where the online conversation takes place). Another important point is that suing desktop app, you can add files to share with the group.

Cons:

The main problems that I have noticed: 1. I can not mute the meeting in the app or browser app (for example I need to listen to another parallel meeting and I can not do that). Only the entire computer can be muted. 2. Messy desktop interface, difficult to navigate. 3. A problem during login to desktop app when you receive a meeting invitation. When opening a browser app, then there is no problem, but when opening the desktop app, it requires some login and no mater what you enter - it does not work. 4. start-up during turning on the computer. it should not be the default setting. 5. The desktop app sometimes starts to act strange after windows update. 6. If I am not an administrator, I can not create a new meeting. Some almost free software allows it.

Zubairu
Administrator in Nigeria
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Microsoft Teams Honest Reviews

Comments: Overall, Microsoft Teams is a powerful communication and collaboration platform that offers a wide range of features and benefits. However, it may not be the best choice for every user, and users should carefully evaluate the pros and cons before deciding to use it.

Pros:

These are the things I like most about Microsoft Teams:1. Integration with other Microsoft apps: Teams integrates with other Microsoft apps like OneDrive, SharePoint, and Office 365, making it easy to collaborate on documents and projects.2. Wide range of features: Teams has a wide range of features, including video conferencing, screen sharing, file sharing, and chat, making it a comprehensive communication and collaboration platform.3. User-friendly interface: Teams has a user-friendly interface that is easy to use and navigate, making it easy for new users to get started quickly.4. Secure: Teams has a variety of security features, including multi-factor authentication and encryption, which make it a secure platform for communication and collaboration.

Cons:

These some limitations of Microsoft Teams:1. Can be overwhelming: Because Teams has so many features, it can be overwhelming for new users, and some features may go unused.2. Requires an internet connection: Teams is an online platform, which means it requires an internet connection to use. This can be a challenge for users in areas with poor internet connectivity.3. Limited customization: While Teams offers some customization options, the platform is limited in terms of customization compared to other platforms, making it harder for users to tailor the platform to their specific needs.4. Requires a Microsoft account: To use Teams, users must have a Microsoft account, which can be a barrier for some users who prefer to use other email providers.