KidKare Reviews

by Minute Menu Systems

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About KidKare

KidKare is a childcare management software that saves you time & money while caring for children. It ensures compliance with the USDA.

Learn more about KidKare

Georgina M.
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-11

"Comprehensive and Simple"

Comments: Great experience. I find myself digging deeper to see if I can find additional helpful features.

Pros: The menu planning is great and has all of the options needed. Even someone who lacks food planning knowledge can find this software appealing.

Cons: Not having the option to print all reports in color if desired. Have the ability for color in the reports allows for distinguishing different categories of information.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-11
Rayna D.
Owner/provider
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-20

"I have been using KidKare as MMK then KK. It helps up keep track of everything pretty well."

Pros: Web based! Love that I can access it from my phone or tablet. I like that my teachers can login and complete attendance.

Cons: I hate the look of the invoices. The web address at the bottom confuses my clients, they try to login to it. I also don't like the look of the new invoices, they are small and crammed up into the top 2/3 of the page. I miss having a report to print for birthdays, emergency contacts, etc. I would also like to see a printable weekly attendance schedule. We fill in the hours the child is in care in their general info, the software should be able to print out a daily or weekly roster with those hours filled in. It helps to plan coverage since we are a ratio driven program.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-20
Deanna H.
Childcare Provider
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-13

"Your own personal accountant"

Comments: Recording your meals and attendance couldn't be any easier. You can use your smart phone or computer to record your menus and attendance. Once I found out about the scheduled menus where you can save your frequently used meals, it became even easier. I like that at the end of each month, I can enter all my receipts, hours, and mileage. You can even do it weekly and save yourself HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS of preparing for taxes at the end of the year! I wish I would have signed up earlier and I could have saved myself all that time preparing. This makes it so much less scary when doing your own record keeping.

Pros: I like the ability to record all aspects of my business. Recording your meals served, kids attendance, and business expenses all in one software. It's very easy to keep organized, which for a lot of us is difficult since we don't have a lot of time to spend on ourselves when caring for the children.

Cons: I don't like that the software doesn't send notifications or reminders. Being a daycare provider, we are busy and having the ability to have the software send a reminder that you haven't logged in recently would be so helpful.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-13
Dawn F.

"Days and minutes count"

Comments: I am streamlining paperwork. I need as much time as possible w children. Anyway to streamline paperwork is advantageous. Support people are top notch..Know their product and are educational don;t seem like they are policing my business. Wish parents were educated more.

Pros: i can do on smart phone. it has pretty much all i need for my day. wish it had a list of credible w/g brands on this site. pain to go looking for in paperwork.

Cons: Only bad I can say is wish it I was more computer literate, seems so easy when I know the system. Not so easy when first attempting programs.

Sharon B.
Daycare Owner
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-12

"Efficient and Easy to use"

Comments: It has been a great thing to be able to get a check each month to offset the food costs involved in a home childcare setting. I feel I can afford to purchase higher quality foods knowing that I have the extra money to cover the cost.

Pros: I like the ease of navigating the KidKare site. I really like to be able to view and run several of the reports available and print some of them off for ease of record keeping. Kudos to the software writers of KidKare!

Cons: I really can't think of anything I do not like about this software.

Mei O.
Program manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-25

"Making my work so easy"

Comments: The staff always answer my questions and help me resolve whatever issues I have. As busy as they are, they take the ccx time to return my calls and emails in a timely manner. I truly appreciate what the staff have done for me and my organization MAKING MY WORK SO EASY.

Pros: Software is easy to use. The best part is the supportive and friendly staff. They are so helpful.

Cons: None. I like this software alot. If there are issues, the wonderful staff helps me resolve them.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-25
Elizabeth H.
Daycare owner
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees

"Great site."

Comments: Overall is it a great site, you just need to bring some things up to date. Other than that is a easy to use site.

Pros: I would say pros would be easy to use. I do think it needs some more work, but over all its easy to use.

Cons: You have to switch to another page to see how many times you selected a child for a meal. Or inputting the check in and check out times. You must go back and put AM or PM. Also I don't like the time out per day. Some days are so busy by the time I go entered my computer is either dead or the page just keeps loading and it takes up a lot of time especially when I am tried and just ready for bed.

Dana H.
licensed Childcare Provider
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-16

"Taxes"

Comments: I'm hoping that I will have some ease with taxes this year thanks to the program. If all turns out as expected, I will be helping fellow providers to use the program.

Pros: The ease of preparing for taxes has been amazing!

Cons: I dislike the colors on so many levels. The light blue is difficult to see even when the brightness on my lap top is 100%. Also, there's been several questions asked and the answers that came back were not helpful. I had to google answers. I should also have the option to leave as long of a comment on a bill/statement as I need to. I have to scroll to the bottom comments area to leave a lengthy comment.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-16
Hattie U.
Childcare provider
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-11

"easy to keep track"

Comments: My overall experience is that how well it keep track and I can go back at anytime and check on something. I started using this program when it was first introduced to my food program and I love recording on paper sucks,

Pros: How easy it to select the proper foods and i like that unless I put the required foods in for a certain meal the system will let me know and I won't be able to continue until I do.

Cons: At this time I can't think of one thing that I least like.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-11
Virginia K.
Owner/Daycare Provider
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees

"KIDKARE FOOD PROGRAM"

Comments: Overall, It is a easy program to operate. I enjoy working this program when it is operating smoothly. I wish there was a easier and faster way to record baby meals, rather than going to a separate screen. This is really time consuming.

Pros: The program is easy to use and can be learned quickly. There is more than one way to accomplish the same thing. I like when the program is flowing smoothly, without any issues.

Cons: Sometimes when I've worked a long day and there is issues with the program or it is running slow, I get irritated, as I am tired and am ready to take a break.

Daisy R.
FDC Provider
Computer Networking, Self Employed

"KIDKARE IS GREAT!!"

Comments: WHAT I LIKE IS THAT I CAN KEY IN WHAT TIME I CHOOSE BEFORE 12 AM. I ALSO, LIKE THAT I CAN TAKE ATTENDANCE WITH INSERTING WHAT I HAD FED THE CHILDREN. THIS IS A PROGRAM ALL IN ONE. I LOVE Kidkare!! THANK YOU

Pros: WHT I LIKE MOST IS THAT I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH PAPER THAT WAS HURTING OUR FUTURE ENVIRONMENT. AT FIRST, I WAS NERVOUS USING A NEW TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM THEN ONCE I HAD GOT THE HANG OF IT AND HOW I CAN KEY IN AND FORMAT THINGS, I LEARNED TO APPRECIATE IT.

Cons: I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS AT THIS TIME, DONT CHANGE A THING.

Elaine C.
Educator
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-02

"Great software for family child care!!"

Pros: Besides using it for the food program the accounting package is good for my size business. The ability to print reports for your accountant. Overall, love this program.

Cons: Maneuvering around to different reports takes a little time to get use to. Customer service takes a few minutes to speak to when you need to ask a question.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-02
Robin R.
owner (industry License Group in home daycare)
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-07

"need a little updating"

Comments: Overall I like the program.

Pros: I like that it keeps the credits from parents and it keeps the menus that I use for the kids.

Cons: I wish it would roll over if a parent owes anything. Sometimes I have a parent that owes $150 and can only pay $140 so I tell them to pay me the rest next week and then I wish the next weeks invoice would say $160 owing.
Also I wish there were other foods on the food program part. There are so many different foods out there that are not on there.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-07
Kristin S.
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-10

"KidKare"

Comments: We have used other programs and this is by far the easiest to use, and accurate. With the ability to run reports we can see any issues or concerns long before they become an issue. We also love the fact that we can track and run reports of our choosing anytime. It is also super simple to use and keep up on all our daily tasks!

Pros: It is easy to use. Overall the easiest system we have used, We don't use all the options at this time. I think for the attendance, reports, food tracking are all amazing. Very minor issues if any!

Cons: You can't always see the drop down boxes options. To have a scroll option would be great and sometimes the words used don't match what I am putting in.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-10
Pamela G.
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-10

"My experience is great! The most important is organizing my bookkeeping for taxes."

Pros: Organizes for taxes, keeps records of the food serviced & children attendance. Very easy to use to keep track of tuition and billing parents.

Cons: Don't organize child by Birthday or age & to organize parent info, to print for multiple use. It also don't organize by store, to get totals spent there.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-10
Katrina T.
Childcare provider

"Easy to Use"

Comments: Love to be able to Use from my phone and don't always have to go to my laptop.

Pros: Easy to Use and I don't have always long onto my laptop to enter in what is needed.

Cons: I think there should be a select all button when it comes to selecting children instead of having to pick each individual child's name.

Angela W.
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-18

"The Best Ever"

Comments: I love KidKare because it alleviate paper and help with bookkeeping, it help with menu preparations and help me to create healthy meals for the children.

Pros: This software is convenient and save me time that I can spend with the kids.

Cons: This software often causes errors that causes reduction and delays in payments

• Reviewed on 2018-12-18
Lorraine M.

"Great program"

Comments: My overall experience with KidKare was a productive experience.

Pros: What I liked most about this software was the convenience of utilizing it anywhere on any device.

Cons: What I did not like about the software was occasionally I would get kicked out of the program while trying to record meals.

Leticia P.
Day Care Provider
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-04

"Feeding Future"

Comments: Using this software we can accelerate our work,being organized and make monthly reports from the commodity of our home ,It's a big help in this field , we are always very busy taking care of our futures

Pros: -The way in which we can create our own menus .
-The software avoid us the hand writing.
-It help us to be organized.

Cons: -The system is always slow down.
- The software have many pages to navigate.
- The way we can use the copy option.
- Printing.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-04
Gloria C.
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-29

"Accounting"

Comments: Accounting

Pros: The accounting. I use the invoices. love the email and payment on line. My parents rely like that they can pay in line.

Cons: The reports are hard to navigate sometimes. and sometimes they have the ring totals. The check in and out has to meany steps.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-29
Janet W.
Owner/operator licenced daycare provider

"Happy"

Comments: I love that I can grab my iPhone and enter the meals and attendance instead of getting on my computer and having to do it.

Pros: The convenience of being able to use my iPhone to do most everything in the program

Cons: Sometimes it’s slow or shut down and your not able to get in.

Janean H.
owner childcare home
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-13

"great program"

Pros: recording daily attendance , meals and most of all tax information. Love the year end reports

Cons: some things are hard for me to figure out, just me, but I can play with it to try and figure it out without ruining anything

• Reviewed on 2018-12-13
Stacey P.

"Great Program"

Comments: Easy to use and access information. Use for my daycare and makes job much easier.

Pros: Easy to use and understand. Help pages offer information I need.

Cons: When it is not working. When system is down it makes me frustrated and wastes my time.

Kami S.
daycare owner
Individual & Family Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-10

"easy to use"

Comments: great

Pros: The software i is easy to use, fast to input which helps to not add more time to my long workday

Cons: I think some of the food in the selections are odd, they have food i dont think anyone would serve a child.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-10
Lisa Z.
Owner/Provider
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-31

"Easy to use"

Comments: I am able to enter meals quickly and easily leaving me time for other concerns.

Pros: KidKare saves me time at month's end because I can enter meals daily and with ease.

Cons: Sometimes it loads slowly when a lot of ppl are on I guess.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-31