Bill.com Reviews

4.2 (427) Write a Review!

About Bill.com

Bill.com is the intelligent business payments platform that delivers financial process efficiency, time savings, and full control.

Learn more about Bill.com

Pros:

Very clean and simple to use interface for company expenses. It easily records my expense reports and having an online record is handy when you need to look up old records.

Cons:

We had to cut down on our users in the app because of the cost.

Bill.com ratings

4.1
3.8
4.1
3.9

7.2/10

Bill.com has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 427 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bill.com before?

Seth Lennon
Seth Lennon
Program Officer in US
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees

It works to make and track payments and invoices!

Pros:

It does the job. There is a drag and drop feature that is very user friendly. There is also an email-submission feature as an alternative that some people prefer.

Cons:

It is still prone to human error- if a system administrator is not sufficiently organized or attentive payments could be delayed and tracking can get confusing.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, Seth. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Amir
Accountant in Colombia
Accounting Software, 51-200 Employees

Bill.com review

Pros:

Ease of use Value Customer support Does the job User interface

Cons:

Limited functionality Support can be lkmited at times

3 weeks ago

We're glad that you have a great experience, Amir. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Mark
President in US
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Poor Business Practices.

Comments: I needed a company that could provide me with basic ACH recurring payments for my client's fees. My company, Revolution Debt Relief LLC, is a consultant based firm in the debt relief industry, providing education and assistance for consumer debt. We are not a debt settlement company, debt consolidation, or perform credit restoration, therefore, not in any way under the regulatory standards held within the debt industry. Bill.com seemed to meet my needs, and I was willing to pay a premium for their subscription ACH program to provide my clients with a more efficient service. However, after going through the sign-up process and giving personal information as well as my client's information for ACH processing, I spent a few hours getting familiar with the software. The next day, I received an email that my account was canceled, and that bill.com could no longer provide my company services. If I had known that Bill.com would arbitrarily pick and choose who they will do business with, I would never have given them my personal information or my clients. The fact that they conduct themselves in a way that solicits their services to the public takes your information and then cancels your account shows in my experience a very inept, fraudulent, and unethical way of conducting business. The operations manager noted it was due to the rules of their bank that perform the processing. If this is the case, I would look for a processor who knows how to do business.

Pros:

Marketed as a product that could perform ACH functions with recurring payments for your business. Simple and straight forward functionality.

Cons:

The software was a little cumbersome with a slight learning curb but overall will work for accounts payable and receivable basic functions.

2 weeks ago

Mark, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Kim
COO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Super simple to use, reliable and secure

Comments: Overall, we love this software. It has served our small organization well as we've grown. We don't have a full blown, multi person accounting and bookkeeping department but still have significant bookkeeping needs. This allows us to be more efficient and keeps us organized.

Pros:

We really like the approval process and how simple it is to set up and use. Allows the ability to split payments across multiple projects and account codes. Allows vendors to input sensitive financial information needed to pay them via ACH without assuming liability that comes from handling sensitive information by our staff members. Great system! The audit trail is helpful when trying to rectify a mistake. It allows you to look back at the process and see where something was entered or approved incorrectly and by whom. Great accountability. The approval process workflow is exactly what our organization needed.

Cons:

If a vendor enters something incorrectly when setting up their account or if they need an address changed, we aren't able to do it for them. That is terribly inconvenient at times.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, Kim. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our app, and we'll be sure to get your feedback from our product team!

Oktay
Data Analyst in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

View all your past payments and invoices in one platform

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Bill.com provides the ability to configure multiple confirmations on invoices for checks and balances so that the same person who codes the invoices does not pay the invoice, allowing someone else in your organization to track the invoices. It has a very good interface.

Cons:

No matter how secure the password verification process is, it is actually a security vulnerability that it leaves everything to us.

3 weeks ago

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We're glad that you are having a great experience.

karie
owner in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Ease To implement and use

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I highly recommend bill.com for small to medium size company. If bill through accountant admin, it's definitely worth the money.

Pros:

it's very easy to implement. Sync between bill.com and Quickbooks is easy. Payment processing is also very easy. Love the approval levels that can be set up

Cons:

The sync between bill.com and Netsuite is actually hard to set up. I had this issue with one of my client, there has been a lot of sync issue due to the set up. It may not be a bill.com issue, more of Netsuite, however, the trouble shoot was pretty tough to resolve

2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, karie. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Susan
Credit Manager in US
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees

quick and easy

5.0 last month New

Comments: we are receiving payments much quicker than checks, and a lot less lost checks from the mail

Pros:

quicker than writing checks, customers seem to like the ease of using this product, we suggest it to ours

Cons:

there is nothing really that i don't like about it, very easy to navigate and use

3 weeks ago

Susan. We highly appreciate your excellent review!

Bookkeeper in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

When approvals matter

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I think for people handling their own accounts payable process there are better products out there, but for businesses that need to keep separation of duties and have a clear approval process this bill.com is the best.

Pros:

I love bill.com for the ability to approve bill payments. As a bookkeeper this allows me to manage accounts payable for the business and schedule bills to be paid while allowing the business owner or manager to ultimately be the one that approves the payments. It's easy to use and it integrates with QuickBooks Online which simplifies the accounts payable process.

Cons:

I think it's a little expensive compared to some of the other products available.

2 weeks ago

Hi, your comment made our day! We're going to share with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback :)

Mahendra
Mahendra
Office Clerk in India
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees

Billed my bill

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Its amazingly help me out to manage my all bill payments and its facilty to auto debit the bills so i found it really useful

Cons:

I don't like the gui of this site i recommend to upgrade the gui for better experience and catch lot of customer's attraction

3 weeks ago

We appreciate you sharing your experience with the app Mahendra. Thank you for your review!

Founder in US
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees

Use it to I receive payments

Pros:

Works well enough. We only use this to receive payments

Cons:

User interface could be more robust. Just seems like it’s lacking a little

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Serguei
Accounting Manager in US

Great Accounts Payable Software

Comments: Overall, great software for managing accounts payable. There are all kinds of dashboards where you can see the status of your payables on one screen which is convenient. Also, the reporting features are great. Very easy to pay company bills. Would definitely recommend to small/midsize business.

Pros:

This is a great solution for processing accounts payable in a small/mid-size business. Bill.com has approval workflows which makes it easy to control your payables and avoid fraud. It is super easy to pay bills with a few clicks. The company takes care of all check mailing and ACH processing. Also, vendors can see the status of their payment easily which is convenient and saves you time answering payment status requests from vendors.

Cons:

The company recently implemented a new interface which is confusing at times. Also, now screens load very slowly with the new features that they implemented. Also, there is no option to switch back to the old interface which I prefer.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, Serguei. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Barbara
VP Finance in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Bill.com is my 1st choice for efficient and fully automated AP system!

Comments: We are a global company with 1,300+ people in US and internationally. We use Bill.com for all our Accounts Payable in US and internationally. We totally automated Accounts Payable using Bill.com and we have very pleasant positive experience.

Pros:

My company is a global company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. In Bill.com, the billing and payment is totally automated. Approval process is excellent. As a manager, I get regular emails for bill approval. I can approve, disapprove, make comments and they go to user right away. The system is especially useful for companies with international locations and multiple US locations like my company. With Bill.com, all accounts payable is centralized and automated. We also managed to save a lot of staff costs with Bill.com. As AP is automated, we use finance staff from Eastern European locations to process AP using Bill.com. This is significant cost savings. First of all, with Bill.com the AP process and related approval is totally automated which minimizes staff costs. We are able to use finance staff for AP where wages are 3-5 times lower than US. Overall, this is a great system and my choice # 1 for AP automation!

Cons:

Bill.com is a great system. I really don't think of any disadvantages. I just encourage Bill.com to develop and process more with newest financial innovations like automation and machine learning.

2 weeks ago

That's great to hear, Barbara. We'll be sure to pass on your positive sentiments to our product team.

Ivy
General Manager in US
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Fantastic AP Processing, with Some AR frustrations

Comments: Aside from a few minor irritations regarding syncing with Quickbooks and document photo cropping on the iOS app, Bill.com has been an amazing addition to our workflow. Things are easier on the operations and accounting side, and our record keeping and bill payments are more timely and more accurate. This software easily pays for itself.

Pros:

We use this program in concert with a remotely hosted instance of Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop edition. My team can forward bills and upload receipts as they come in, and sit down once a week to process them all through to create bills that appear in Quickbooks. This has not only improved the timliness of our AP data, but it's also increased the accuracy of account and job allocations. We've also lowered our monthly CPA bills by about 40% because the reconciliations are much smoother. The text recognition works very well and saves alot of time. We use bill.com to pay 1099 contractors via a secure direct deposit, which has saved alot of time and effort mailing and hand-delivering checks.

Cons:

I don't like that vendor credit memos cannot sync to Quickbooks. I don't like that edits to invoices created in Bill.com won't sync to Quickbooks. To work around this, our sales team always clones and deletes invoices when they need to edit them. However this wouldn't be an acceptable workaround if we actually used Bill.com to send the invoices to our customers. I don't like that the iOS app doesn't crop document uploads anymore. It used to do so.

2 weeks ago

We highly appreciate your excellent review, Ivy! We're glad to hear that you find our service easy and helpful to use for your businesses. Thank you!

Lisa
CFO in US
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Saving Time and Money Using Bill.com

Comments: We have been very happy with Bill.com. All managers are able to review and approve every invoice and Bill.com has helped us save money by increasing visibility. We have also saved countless hours of work for our accounts payable department since Bill.com com cuts all checks and sends all ACHs.

Pros:

There are so many things we like about Bill.com. Implementation was well organized and the Bill.com team was helpful and knowledgeable. Adoption throughout our organization was so quick because the Bill.com system has been so easy to use.

Cons:

We had difficulty at first getting Bill.com linked with the POs in our ERP, but the Bill.com team helped us to a full resolution.

2 weeks ago

We appreciate you sharing your great experience, Lisa. Thank you for your exceptional review!

Business Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Bill.com (BDC) is ready to help with Accounts Payable, but...

Comments: I am just 2 months in on bill.com (BDC). It has taken this 2 months just to analyze our existing data and move what we want (import) to BDC from our existing programs. We want to synchronize expense work from data entry into BDC to moving the detail over to QuickBooks (QB) where we keep our accounting data. It is not as easy as it sounds.

Pros:

Bill.com (BDC) is a full-featured software program that will simplify recording vendors and paying bills but... BDC is not as simple as it appears. We are excited to learn all that BDC has to teach us. See Cons....

Cons:

To fully engage all the features of bill.com (BDC) one has to be ready to do the prerequisite work in cleaning up a company's existing records. We are using the BDC support team and our own accountant to gradually restructure our accounts payable-expense side of operating as a nonprofit organization. This has been laborious and frustrating at times. A major drawback is encouraging existing vendors to accept payment from BDC. Generally, people are guilty of 1. ignoring emails; 2. misreading emails; 3. not following clear directions.

2 weeks ago

Hi, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Kelsie
Director of Human Resources in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Bill.com for Account Payable

Comments: This is a big help for Account Payable. You can track and manager all pay out in an one place. You can see approval, requestor, total amount, history, etc. Also, you can deny the pay out without exchanging tons of email to the requestor.

Pros:

1. Can store all your independent contractors' information including the contract and W9. There is an attached file option. 2. Can approve via mobile 3. Can track a vendor's history, payout, approval 4. Can add as many approval as you want 5. So easy to use. Drag the paperwork and upload 6. Email notification of status, from approval to pay out 7. Can add multiple entities for one user. For example, I manage two organizations and with one log in, I can access both 8. Communicates with other accounting software

Cons:

The preview window can be improved. There is a preview and another pop up to write an expense. Somehow it is confusing sometimes.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, Kelsie. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Jennifer
Jennifer
Comptroller, CFO beginning 03/01/16 in US
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees

Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!

Comments: No mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!

Pros:

I started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)

Cons:

No cons! Great product! Keeps us organized and allows timely and effective bill payments to our vendors.

2 weeks ago

Jennifer, your comment made our day! We're going to share with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback :)

Ekalavya
Ekalavya
Founder & CEO in India

The best account platform for small and medium businesses

Comments: Our experience has been great.

Pros:

Saves thousands of dollars in wire and credit card processing charges. Works better than any other payment processor for payments via ACH

Cons:

Sometimes it takes longer than 3 working days to receive the payment in our accounts

3 weeks ago

We're really grateful and appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us, Ekalavya. Thank you for your review!

Louis
Lead Purchase / Sales in US
, 2-10 Employees

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts payable and recievable service and robust options for integration.

Comments: We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com.
Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.

Pros:

We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online. Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs. Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Cons:

The cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models. As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.

Senior Staff Accountant in US
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.

Comments: Great software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.

Pros:

Bill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).

Cons:

Syncing issues with NetSuite do occur from time to time but their customer support is very helpful in rectifying them. They recently updated their user interface and although it is more visually appealing than before, it doesn't function any better.

2 weeks ago

We're glad that you have a great experience. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Controller in US
Public Policy, 11-50 Employees

Exceeds expectations

Pros:

EASY set up and integration with QuickBooks online. Very intuitive UI. HUGE time-saver. It used to take a full day to do a weekly check run. I can now accomplish it in an hour and a half, MAX. Probably faster if we used more of the features. Has the ability to pay vendors via ACH and is less than half the cost per transaction than a paper check.

Cons:

The add on to automatically enter invoices, while a very big value and totally worth the extra expense, doesn't take into consideration the vendors terms set up in Bill.com. So if you have an invoice from a vendor that says due upon receipt, but the vendor profile in bill.com is Net 30, Bill.com defaults to due on receipt. An override setting would be helpful. Getting vendors set up on ACH/EFT is a little tough for tech challenged folks.

Stéphane
Accounting in Burkina Faso
Mining & Metals, 201-500 Employees

Very easy accounting tool

Pros:

Bill.com tool is very powerful to manage bills. It is very easy to pay supplier bills

Cons:

I did not find any inconvenience, bill.com

3 weeks ago

We're glad that you had a great experience, Stéphane. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Head of Localization in US
Translation & Localization, 2-10 Employees

Strange pricing but solid product

Comments: It is a weird walled garden of invoices. It not completely transparent as I can't really tell what has happened to my invoice on the other side. It may be listed as late over unpaid but there is no sense to "why" or any next steps I can take in Bill.com. You just have to write to the accounting department of the company who needs to pay you. Would be better if they facilitated this though so I can say "hey, look here where it says unpaid. why is that?" and they would know what I'm talking about.

Pros:

Overall, I like Bill.com because it allows us as a vendor to receive money in a transparent manner without fees. They do transfers by ACH to US companies. I don't know if you can pay internationally though.

Cons:

The pricing model is a little strange. To use their API they charge $300+ per month. I would use their API to find out which new clients have Bill.com already to encourage them to pay that way. But I'm not going to pay $300 for the privilege of getting their clients to use it.

last year

Thank you for your feedback! We'd love the opportunity to help with any questions and/or outstanding issues that you're experiencing. Please feel free to provide us with your best email address and we will relay that to our team so that they can reach out.

Daniel
Daniel
Chief Operating Officer in US
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

Quality AP processing

Comments: Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.

Pros:

It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Cons:

Reporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.

2 weeks ago

Thank you for your review, Daniel. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Amanda
Accounting Supervisor in US
Accounting Software, 51-200 Employees

Great for receivables or payables

Comments: Our bookkeepers can enter the bills, the manager can approve them, and the CFO can make the payments. The segregation of duties helps protect the company. Simple to use. Easy to see when a payment will arrive and when a check clears.

Pros:

It makes it easy to have an audit trail for entering, approving, and paying bills. It also makes it easy for customers to send electronic payments for their invoices. Customizable user permissions.

Cons:

When you invite a vendor or customer to use Bill.com, it requires them to give quite a bit of information in order to set up an account. Some are reluctant to do so.

2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating. We really appreciate your review, Amanda.