15 years helping Canadian businesses

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable Reviews

About BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

BILL, a leader in financial automation software for small and midsize businesses (SMBs).

Learn more about BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Pros:

Very clean and simple to use interface for company expenses. It easily records my expense reports and having an online record is handy when you need to look up old records.

Cons:

We had to cut down on our users in the app because of the cost.

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable ratings

4.2
3.8
4.1
3.9

7.3/10

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 510 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable before?

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
System Specialist in Sri Lanka
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Efficiency at its finest with Bill.com

Comments: Overall, Bill.com has been a valuable asset for our organization. Its automation of financial tasks, robust reporting capabilities and integration with popular accounting software has greatly improved our financial processes.

Pros:

As a administrator of Bill.com within my organization, I have found it to be an efficient and streamlined way to manage our financial processes. One of the greatest advantages of this software is the automation of tasks such as invoice processing, bill payments and account reconciliation. This has saved a significant amount of time and effort for our finance team and has improved our financial accuracy. Another strong aspect of Bill.com is the robustness of its reporting capabilities. It provides a wide range of financial metrics and insights that have helped us make data-driven decisions for our business. Additionally, the integration with popular accounting software such as QuickBooks and Xero makes it easy to keep our financial records up-to-date and in sync.

Cons:

A potential downside of using Bill.com is that it may require a bit of time and effort to set up the software and customize it to fit our specific needs. Additionally, while the software offers many features, some advanced features such as budgeting and forecasting may require additional tools or custom development.

last year

Kavindu, your comment made our day! We will share this with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback.

Krystal
Software Solutions Associate in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Is it too good to be true? A simple click of a button and all my bills are paid?!

Comments: Having implemented BILL for over 20 clients, I truly believe it the software's ability to help company's manage their finances in the best of ways. Now with their continued integration of the Spend & Expense platform, it is becoming a one-stop-shop for your business financial needs.

Pros:

BILL makes invoicing and payment processing so simple. I am able to quickly move through the entire life-cycle of my billing in record time. The workflows and automations help make business more efficient and I get to spend more time focusing on the future of the company's I help.

Cons:

While BILL has been great there are some updates I believe would make things more relevant and easier. Specifically when a check is automatically voided after 90 days, the void is made using the original payment date instead of the void date. This could cause issues in reporting when integrating with QBO.

8 months ago

We thank you for your 5-star review Krystal! We are thrilled to hear that our software is making your business more efficient and that it has simplified invoicing and payment processing for you. We do appreciate hearing what can make our software even better and will pass along your feedback about our check process with automatic voids. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email

Valentina
Finance Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable Is a Reliable Solution

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like the efficiency of BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable. BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable is easy to use and accurate.

Cons:

No dislikes about BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable. BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable is so impressive.

4 weeks ago

Valentina, thank you for your glowing review of BILL! We love that you appreciate the efficiency of our software as well as it being easy to use and accurate. Please continue to provide your feedback as we value our users suggestions when planning for the future of our software.

Craig
Craig
CEO in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Bill.com is the slowest invoicing and funding provider of them all.

Comments: Worst ever. It takes a minimum of 45 minutes for an answer from chat support. It doesn't feel like anyone really cares about our time.

Pros:

Bill.com is secure and it integrates with most accounting platforms.

Cons:

The customer (not us) has a lot of control in scheduling the payment amount and date. The customer can also change the scheduled date even after it looks like its been paid. Whereas from our shoes we need to know we have been paid before we ship the product. After the invoice shows as paid the funding takes 7-8 business days or longer by ACH. This just isn't competitive. Its obvious that in addition to the 79 fee for use of the software that most of their revenue is generated by float on both our receivables and our payables. We don't want anyone to wait. It's important that all parties get paid as immediate as possible.

11 months ago

Thank you for your feedback, Craig! I'm sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience with receiving payments. If you still need assistance, please visit our website at https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us to request a call, chat, or email with our customer support team. We are here to help and want to assist you promptly.

Gatuko
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

All Matters Accounting Made Easy With BILL

Pros:

From creating invoices to invoice management, BILL is very capable It comes with payment processing and is a good bookkeeper It makes an amazing small business accounting software.

Cons:

It has handled our unique business accounting needs easily. No complaints.

3 months ago

Thank you, Gatuko, for your five-star overall review of our BILL software! We love knowing that it makes an amazing small business accounting software and assists with creating and managing invoices, and payment processing. Please continue to provide any feedback that you might have.

James
Controller in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

BILL Master

Comments: I would not be at my current role without BILL because I would not be able to manage the entire AP, AR, and accounting functions without it. It's a must-have!

Pros:

BILL allows me as a controller to cut down on headaches and time spent with paper documents and old processes. BILL is an automation tool for the future that allows an AP clerk to 10x their productivity.

Cons:

BILL is fairly expensive, but it is not an all-in-one solution to you must use it as an integrated solution although it often tops the price of the solutions its integrated into.

7 months ago

Thank you James for your positive feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our BILL software has sped up productivity for you. We will pass along your feedback on cost-effectiveness. We always want to hear what works and what will make your experience better.

Emma
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

Bill.com IS a gamechanger for us

Comments: BIll has helped us out tremendously. We have over 1000 vendor accounts since we order a ton of internet services for our customers. Since ATT/Spectrum/Frontier/etc etc did not allow direct deposit, our company was forced to send checks to make our payments. We could not do Credit card as the reconciliation can be messy. We have saved so much money on late fees. We are truly grateful for BILL and cant wait for the new features.

Pros:

The thing we loved most about bill is the inbox for our bills as well as our payments going straight to our vendors.

Cons:

A dark mode for BIll.com would be great. There are times where the inbox is not up to date. When 2 people are entering bills, there is a high chance there will be duplicates being entered.

9 months ago

We highly appreciate your excellent review, Emma. We're glad to hear that you find our service easy and helpful to use for your businesses. We look forward to serving you for many years to come!

Cheryl
Owner in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

A Bit Pricey

Comments: I was not very happy. It was a bit overpriced and they were not receptive at all in helping me or negotiating.

Pros:

This product was easy to use and utilize.

Cons:

The pricing was the thing I liked least. The product seemed pretty high for the volume we did. We changed to melio. I also had to provide an accountants dashboard at $50 a month for my clients to get their product. Their product was still usually 70-80 a month. We switched to melio and pay less than $20 a month.

last year

Cheryl, we're sorry to hear about this experience, and we'd love to help. Do not hesitate to contact our team and follow this path: Log into your BILL account, navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. Please select contact support. Thank you!

Paulette
Paulette
Project Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Highly efficient program that every business should use.

Comments: The software has been instrumental in automating financial operations at my company and has had a profound effect on the effectiveness and precision of our bookkeeping.

Pros:

Having several options for making and receiving payments is really convenient. We particularly appreciate the centralized accounting for both payables and receivables and the flexibility to modify approval methods.

Cons:

There are certain annoyances and clumsiness that need to be worked out. If you click into one of the selected bills to view its underlying image, for instance, you will deselect all of the bills you have previously approved and will have to do so again.

12 months ago

We're glad to hear about your great experience on our app, Paulette. We're going to share this with our product team, who always enjoy hearing positive feedback. Thank you!

Resha
Book keeper in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

I like it

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the accounting features and invoice and billing features

Cons:

No issues I like they software it serves its purpose for me

last month

Thank you for your glowing review, Resha! We love that you are enjoying BILL's accounting features along with the invoice and billing features. We always want to hear what works and what will make your experience better.

Pavan
Accounting Specialist in India
Accounting Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Simplified process for Invoice processing and payment application

Comments: Overall I would say it was a Good experience. I would recommend BILL to anyone who are looking to simplify their AP and AR process and even if you are looking BILL as a payment method to your vendors or receive payments from your customers. But if you are looking BILL as a Accounting or reporting software, then I would definitely recommend you to go with other softwares.

Pros:

We use multiple softwares to provide end to end accounting for clients. The best part about bill is its easy to integrate with other softwares. BILL creates easy to use invoices for our customers and also processing of vendor invoices is simple as most of the data is captured by IVA. The best part in BILL is payment processing as there are multiple methods to make payments and also charges for each payment is very less. We can initiate single payment for multiple invoices. We can even schedule the payment for vendors in BILL.

Cons:

Reporting is not as expected in BILL. We need to modify each and every data to get the required Excel. They need to even take care of designing of reports as the reports will not come with their own design and we need to do everything. Invoice creation templates are most common and we can't see any design there. They need to work Mork on design and Reporting part.

8 months ago

Thank you for your 4-star review, Pavan! We appreciate hearing that our BILL software is integrating well with other programs for you. We're glad to hear that invoicing for vendors and customers is easy to use and that making payments has been simplified. We apologize for any frustrations you have experienced with our reporting system and design. We will pass your feedback on to the appropriate team. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our customer support. You can find more information on our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us. Thank you!

Mark
President in US
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Poor Business Practices.

Comments: I needed a company that could provide me with basic ACH recurring payments for my client's fees. My company, Revolution Debt Relief LLC, is a consultant based firm in the debt relief industry, providing education and assistance for consumer debt. We are not a debt settlement company, debt consolidation, or perform credit restoration, therefore, not in any way under the regulatory standards held within the debt industry. Bill.com seemed to meet my needs, and I was willing to pay a premium for their subscription ACH program to provide my clients with a more efficient service. However, after going through the sign-up process and giving personal information as well as my client's information for ACH processing, I spent a few hours getting familiar with the software. The next day, I received an email that my account was canceled, and that bill.com could no longer provide my company services. If I had known that Bill.com would arbitrarily pick and choose who they will do business with, I would never have given them my personal information or my clients. The fact that they conduct themselves in a way that solicits their services to the public takes your information and then cancels your account shows in my experience a very inept, fraudulent, and unethical way of conducting business. The operations manager noted it was due to the rules of their bank that perform the processing. If this is the case, I would look for a processor who knows how to do business.

Pros:

Marketed as a product that could perform ACH functions with recurring payments for your business. Simple and straight forward functionality.

Cons:

The software was a little cumbersome with a slight learning curb but overall will work for accounts payable and receivable basic functions.

2 years ago

Mark, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Chad
Public Safety, 51–200 Employees

Terrible Customer Service Team

Comments: My experience has me looking at the competitors as they seem to be struggling to keep this company together.

Pros:

We were up and running quickly! No more printing checks in house.

Cons:

Customer service is terrible. If you have problems you will need to wait at least a day or two after making an online appointment. Then you only get 20 minutes with the representative whom will offer a quick solution and not follow through with the rest of the workflow. This will leave you setting another online appointment, wait a couple of days and the process keeps repeating. Very frustrating! No one is on the same page! Three different answers from 3 different reps and still having workflow issues!

3 years ago

Hi Chad! We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with our Customer Support. We'd love to hear your feedback if possible. The fastest way to get your questions answered is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely. From there, please request to chat with a member of Customer Support Leadership. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kim
COO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Super simple to use, reliable and secure

Comments: Overall, we love this software. It has served our small organization well as we've grown. We don't have a full blown, multi person accounting and bookkeeping department but still have significant bookkeeping needs. This allows us to be more efficient and keeps us organized.

Pros:

We really like the approval process and how simple it is to set up and use. Allows the ability to split payments across multiple projects and account codes. Allows vendors to input sensitive financial information needed to pay them via ACH without assuming liability that comes from handling sensitive information by our staff members. Great system! The audit trail is helpful when trying to rectify a mistake. It allows you to look back at the process and see where something was entered or approved incorrectly and by whom. Great accountability. The approval process workflow is exactly what our organization needed.

Cons:

If a vendor enters something incorrectly when setting up their account or if they need an address changed, we aren't able to do it for them. That is terribly inconvenient at times.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review, Kim. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying our app, and we'll be sure to get your feedback from our product team!

Kristina
Vice President in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

A Fast Convenient way to pay bills for any size business.

Comments: Mostly ver smooth and efficient way to process high volumes of payments and insure accuracy in the payment amounts, payee etc.

Pros:

I love that you can issue payments using a bank account or a credit card with a fairly quick turnaround time. The pricing of Bill is also very competitive compared to our other options.

Cons:

Virtual card payments are not something I love. Also, Bill has automatically connected me with vendors that are not the vendor I had entered, so there is an opportunity for improvement in the network connections.

8 months ago

Thank you for your positive review Kristina! We love to hear that making payments using BILL software is working for you. We apologize for any frustration that our virtual card program may have caused. We will pass along your feedback about network connections. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email

Carlos
Pres in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD SUPPORT

Comments: Went from great to really bad tech support. I want out but feel trapped because of the amount of data I have in their system. They have really sh*t the bed in terms of support.

Pros:

meets basic needs, but does have limitations.

Cons:

Support is a ZERO on a scale of 1-100. Really, really bad. There is no doubt that since what ever ownership change was made they saw cost savings in their customer/tech support by changing from top tier support to the worst I have ever experienced in my 30 years as an IT professional. Support tickets take A WEEK for a response. Then it takes over 24 hrs to get a reply. If you need to work with "a specialist" appointments take over 2 WEEKS. I wish I was exaggerating but I have had this experience repeatedly for a few years. What a change. I am a LONG term customer, over 6 years+ maybe more and their support is junk. So so so disappointed.

3 years ago

Hello Carlos, thank you for your valuable feedback! We're sorry to hear about your experience and would love the opportunity to help. Please feel free to provide us with your best email address and our team will reach out directly!

Dmitry
Dmitry
Cofounder in US
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Stay Away it's a total SCAM!

Pros:

We used their service to pay our company office rent for a few months. Nothing really special... Simple ACH, I would have used just a bank ACH if it was my choise.

Cons:

Support and the way they treat their customers. First of all, it's super hard to contact their support I submitted 3 tickets and it took 3 days to finally get someone to respond to me.... We are leasing the office space from the company that was using Bill.com to accept payments for their bills, therefore we were forced to use bill.com to pay our monthly office rent. Everything was ok... Then the company we paid for the rent switched to using Xero since it doesn't really make sent to pay ridiculous amounts for bill.com. Anyway.. for us, it was even better because now we didn't need to pay bill.com subscription fees to just pay for the rent (simple ACH). So we went ahead and canceled our subscription with bill.com in August. A few months later (in October) I noticed that they were still charging our credit card and as I mentioned above it took 3 days to get someone to finally respond to our support tickets. What I asked for was simply refund the last 3 charges (Oct, Sept, Aug) and close our account simply because their system failed to cancel it in the first attempt. Simple right? Nope, not with Bill.com They had someone to call me and tried to explain that they didn't see my first request to cancel and if I didn't use their service since August it was my problem and that evidence that I didn't even log in to their service for 3 months is not enough for them to refund. So my advice to you, if you ever thought to use bill.com for your business, please stay away!

2 years ago

Dmitry, we're sorry to hear about this experience with our app, we'd love to help out if you're still experiencing any issues. Please do not hesitate to contact our team directly by taking the following path: Log into your BILL account and navigate to Support (lower left-hand corner) and then type in your question in the bot that will appear in the lower right-hand corner. After typing in your question, please select contact support. Thanks again and we look forward to helping you!

Jacquie
Project Manager in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Mixed Feelings

Comments: Overall, I have found that their customer service is good which is important when needed. Our other product, Xero, has ZERO customer service. If I had to decide between these two products mentioned here, I would definitely pick BILL.

Pros:

This is easy on the eyes and very user friendly which important to me.

Cons:

Our company has this integrated with Xero and I do not feel they work well together without duplication.

6 months ago

Thank you Jacquie for reaching out and providing feedback. We are happy to hear that our software is easy on the eyes and user friendly. We are sorry about any frustration caused by integrating with Xero. Please feel to reach out to our customer support by going to our website: https://help.bill.com/hc/en-us and request a call/chat or email if you need any help with your sync concerns.

Internet, 51–200 Employees

Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.

Comments: Great software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.

Pros:

Bill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).

Cons:

Syncing issues with NetSuite do occur from time to time but their customer support is very helpful in rectifying them. They recently updated their user interface and although it is more visually appealing than before, it doesn't function any better.

2 years ago

We're glad that you have a great experience. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Public Policy, 11–50 Employees

Exceeds expectations

Pros:

EASY set up and integration with QuickBooks online. Very intuitive UI. HUGE time-saver. It used to take a full day to do a weekly check run. I can now accomplish it in an hour and a half, MAX. Probably faster if we used more of the features. Has the ability to pay vendors via ACH and is less than half the cost per transaction than a paper check.

Cons:

The add on to automatically enter invoices, while a very big value and totally worth the extra expense, doesn't take into consideration the vendors terms set up in Bill.com. So if you have an invoice from a vendor that says due upon receipt, but the vendor profile in bill.com is Net 30, Bill.com defaults to due on receipt. An override setting would be helpful. Getting vendors set up on ACH/EFT is a little tough for tech challenged folks.

Stéphane
Accounting in Burkina Faso
Mining & Metals, 201–500 Employees

Very easy accounting tool

Pros:

Bill.com tool is very powerful to manage bills. It is very easy to pay supplier bills

Cons:

I did not find any inconvenience, bill.com

2 years ago

We're glad that you had a great experience, Stéphane. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review.

Partner in US
, 51–200 Employees

Good idea, but poor support and answers from company

Comments: Great concept but if you don't have the customer support in place this whole process is useless. Other companies out there supply the same support and my advice would be to seek out those companies as for the price and service you get, it's well below where it should be.

Pros:

Set up isn't very difficult and linking to QBO is easy, ability to set different approval levels is a great feature for segregation of duties

Cons:

Awful customer support. Can't talk to anyone on the phone, just thru chat. They send a client of mine an email saying the following: "We are writing to inform you that Bill.com is no longer able to offer services to xxxx based on a review of the account and activity. Your account has been deactivated and canceled. You will not be charged for any subscription fees for the current period. " Tried to follow up to get answers, no response, chat people just say they can't help. No explanations given. Also two weeks prior to this they had issues with sending out approved payments so we had vendors calling asking where payments were, awful experience with this group

Chief Operating Officer in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Quality AP processing

Comments: Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.

Pros:

It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Cons:

Reporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review, Daniel. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!

Amanda
Accounting Supervisor in US
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

Great for receivables or payables

Comments: Our bookkeepers can enter the bills, the manager can approve them, and the CFO can make the payments. The segregation of duties helps protect the company. Simple to use. Easy to see when a payment will arrive and when a check clears.

Pros:

It makes it easy to have an audit trail for entering, approving, and paying bills. It also makes it easy for customers to send electronic payments for their invoices. Customizable user permissions.

Cons:

When you invite a vendor or customer to use Bill.com, it requires them to give quite a bit of information in order to set up an account. Some are reluctant to do so.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating. We really appreciate your review, Amanda.

Kelly
Kelly
Controller and HR Director in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Bill.com is a great way to get rid of having to write paper checks.

Comments: Time saving.

Pros:

I like that I can track when checks go out, if they've been cashed, and easily re-submit a check for repayment or for voiding. I like that I can invite anybody to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in instead of me. I like that any paper checks that do go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded into the system for ease of vendor tracking.

Cons:

The refund or returned check feature doesn't always sync 100% properly with QBO (but 95% of the time it does).

2 years ago

Thank you for your review, Kelly. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying our app and we'll be sure to get your feedback up to our product team!