About NinjaOne

NinjaOne (formerly NinjaRMM) is the easiest, all-in-one IT management solution that MSPs and IT professionals love.

Learn more about NinjaOne

Pros:

Ease of use, Cost, No false positives, excellent account management.

Cons:

Lack of built in scripting. Has custom scripting capability but a small script database.

NinjaOne ratings

4.8
4.8
4.6
4.7

9.4/10

NinjaOne has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 168 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used NinjaOne before?

Tim
Tim
Director of Technology in US
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best RMM tool on the market

Comments: I manage an in-house IT department and we always struggled with tracking hardware, history, and status. No matter what we found, we just couldn't get one that was accurate and easy to keep up to date. Ninja just DOES it. I don't have to think about it. I know all my machines in Ninja and the latest info on them is all right there. This makes our network more visible, trackable. My team solves issues faster, more accurately, and in a happier way than ever before.

Pros:

Ninja was so easy to setup. It's fun to tweak. The scripts are simple and there are even some basic templates. It tells me everything I need to know about a computer and what's going on. The integrations have been a huge help. Their documentation is precise, easy to follow and accurate. Our account manager actually cares and checks in on us every 2 weeks. Good vendors are so rare, no matter the product. I'm not really sure I could love this product and this company any more than I do.

Cons:

The only things I can think that I wish was if Ninja made some their own basic ticketing system. That's not a complaint about the product at all, but the other partners they integrate are way more complicated and expensive than I'd like. I know Ninja would crush it if they made a simple one of their own that was tightly integrated with the Ninja portal. Also, the NMS deployment is slightly clunkly. I would like Ninja to bring that in house too.

Alternatives Considered: Atera and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: spiceworks wasn't accurately keeping my hardware up to date.

Switched From: Spiceworks

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Ninja was easier and integrated better with the tools I wanted. The company was more pleasant to work with too.

Brian
Technical Director in Ireland

Ninja One changed our business

Comments: Fantastic, I can't fault ay aspect of the solution or the people working with the company.

Pros:

The ease of use along with the great development, technical, support and sales teams mean we are never stuck. That great relationship with the company along with the efficiency of the software means we gave gained and incredible amount of time to do work instead of working on the software.

Cons:

The only criticism I have of Ninja One is that they produce a huge amount of features regularly but we would love to have access to them often before they are ready. This is due to the development being customer driven so the upgrades they offer are always great and we are a little impatient!

Alternatives Considered: N-central

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Needed a more mature and capable product

Switched From: Atera

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Better functionality, better ease of use, better value, and better people to work with.

Warren
General Manager in UK

A very affordable RMM solution.

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: The onboarding was extremely quick, our guys were very quick to get used to the new GUI and it is a very useable product. Not really used the support yet so can't comment on that.

Pros:

The price is very comparable to it's competitors, but one of the main benefits, is that it feels like a one stop shop for IT. Most things you will require, are all under the hood, so to speak. Helpdesk, asset management, remote support etc.

Cons:

We do like providing our customers with lots of stats. And the reporting only gives us so much that we can do. I'd like to see this expanded to include more custom fields.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Desk

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: The pricing was more attractive.

Switched From: Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Pricing and the features which it offers. The different products which we could integrate was also an attraction.

it support in New Zealand
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees

their SMS login is not working - no fix from their support in timly manner

Comments: not good, major issues should be fixed at the time and not dragged out,

Pros:

their is not a lot - I'm not impressed by their lack in support.

Cons:

the Sydney office is not picking up the phone - I doubt if it even exists, SMS verification not working - if you need Ninja to fix the issue they are not doing it in a timely manner.

Gil
Gil
CTO in US
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees

Best-in-class RMM for internal IT Departments

Comments: Overall NinjaOne has allowed us, via automation, to turn our internal IT Department with very limited staff into an army. IT now has an insight into all assets, networks, and activities allowing us to become extremely proactive. Integrated ticketing and Documentation modules allow us to utilize NinjaOne as a nearly one-stop hub for all things IT (we still utilize a separate Remote Access vendor for enhanced features only they offer).

Pros:

After reviewing a host of RMM vendors we decided on NinjaOne for affordability, features, integrations, and support. What we like most is the feature set that revolves around automation. The dashboards, alerting and other features are intuitive and extremely effective. We now utilize the Ticketing module along with Documentation which alleviated two third-party vendors for us.

Cons:

Not much to report here. There are the occasional service disruptions to regional instances (ex. US, CA, EU, etc.) however we have not suffered any lengthy outages (typical growing pains).

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM, Syncro and N-central

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: We chose NinjaOne over the competition due to its reliability, customization, affordability, integrations, and premier-level rapid support.

Luca
Sig. in Italy
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees

Software per MSP

Comments: It has greatly simplified the work of technicians. It has improved all prevention work and especially the ability to handle multiple devices at once.

Pros:

What is interesting is the ability to automate so many repetitive and tedious functions for an IT person. Centrally manage patches of windows and third-party software.

Cons:

The thing that perhaps needs improvement is that when running tasks at set times there is no option to have an email arrive with the outcome of the task.

Alternatives Considered: SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Because Ninjaone in my opinion handled the update patch better. Furthermore, the price includes a ticketing system

Switched From: Datto RMM

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Price, simplicity, functionality and product offer

James
Technical Service Manager in Ireland

Hidden Software Gem

Comments: Excellent product that we will use for years to come

Pros:

This product has wizards that make guided install a breeze to deal with, fast efficient deployment and ease of use

Cons:

More customisation of reports would be a great benefit

Alternatives Considered: SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Better features, low cost and ease of deployment

Switched From: Datto RMM

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Less complicated setup and ease of use along with intuitive interfaces.

Regina
Regina
IT Director in US
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees

Huge bang for your buck!

Comments: We started with a demo that was great and then the setup was made as easy as possible. The price is outstanding, I really did expect to pay quite a bit more. I don't write a lot of raving software reviews, but I have to hand it to them.

Pros:

It's really easy to use, and SO MANY ways to track what's going on behind the scenes.

Cons:

It's not really a problem that's specific to NinjaOne, but this kind of product takes a while to set up.

Alternatives Considered: GoTo Meeting and Join.Me

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: We wanted something that was all inclusive and designed to work together. We were able to save money and get a lot more information from their products than the multiple tools we were using before.

Switched From: TeamViewer and Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: GoTo/Join were both more expensive and less responsive.

Adam
Tier 3 Support Technician in Ireland

NinjaOne: A 5-star product

Comments: Ninja has been a joy to work with. The tools available have vastly improved the level of service I can provide to my clients. It has shown itself to be invaluable time and time again for the information it provides and how that speeds up the resolution of any IT issues as a result.

Pros:

Everything. Device management, Ticketing and more. Each time a new feature is added it becomes a valuable part of our service. No other RMM service I have used has given me as many tools to fix issues as Ninja.

Cons:

Nothing, Ninja [SENSITIVE CONTENT]have been very quick to fix any issues or offer workable alternatives instead. I know when there is a problem that I can reach out to Ninja support or my account manager for immediate assistance.

Anthony
Directeur Technique in France

The Best RMM pour IT

Comments: have up-to-date computer equipment, management of PC windows updatesnotification in case of PC problems, automation of tasks (bitlocker, disk cleaning)

Pros:

Time saving, transparency towards the customer, ease of management of a computer park, proactivity

Cons:

Integration with MalwaresBytes EDRPossibility to save Office 365view hp pc warrantiesView computer's network drives

Alternatives Considered: nAbleMD

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: recommended by a friend who works in a company similar to ours.The current immediately passed with the people of Ninja

Raphael
IT Manager in UK

Powerful and cost effective RMM tool backed by an efficient support

Comments: We are very happy to have chosen the NinjaRMM solution as this has greatly improved our work efficiency, troubleshooting faults, SLAs, overall IT processes and support to our customers and internally.

Pros:

The product it is highly functional, constantly evolving in the right direction by listening to the MSP using it and so easy to use compared to other RMM's Overall asset list management and monitoring features TeamViewer and Splashtop native integration Variety of PSA desk tools integration Full antivirus integration with Webroot or Bitdefender was a key element and selling point Backup integration

Cons:

The overall integration was really easy. You feel like you are part of the journey with the constant development of new features Clear documentation on all features Efficient and knowledgeable support More granular reporting would be great

Alternatives Considered: VersionOne, N-sight, Avast Business CloudCare and SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Cost and financial flexibility Personal approach and communication throughout the onboarding process and beyond Ease of use

Chalden
Network Technician in South Africa

Amazing RMM software.

Comments: I can see pretty much every detail of every device that I manage.
From system specs, live resource viewing, and even networking details.
Remote connections are a breeze, no hassles and connects with 1 click.
If there are any issues with a device, you get a detailed alert that saves a lot of troubleshooting time.
the software installed on the end user device in a couple of seconds, and is not resource intensive at all.
The team at Ninja is very helpful, they respond to our emails very quickly and provide solutions.
The Dojo community (Basically a knowledgebase, with everyone being able to participate) has all of the resources that you would need.

Pros:

Detailed information for every device (Hardware, software, network etc) Live resource viewing. Remote connection software. Patch management. Custom policies. Integration with Bitdefender. Custom scripting. Detailed event logs, saves a lot of time on troubleshooting. Detailed alerts, if there are issues with a device. Very user friendly.

Cons:

If you are not familiar with Group Policy editing and Command Prompt/Powershell, some of the features will be a bit intimidating for you.

Corey
Enterprise IT Service Desk Manager in US
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Great Experience So Far

Comments: The entire process of working with them on pricing, getting demos, trials, implementation, support afterward has been simply stellar. I can't recommend them enough.

Pros:

Single Pain of Glass for so many things is great.

Cons:

Some minor features and details not yet available, but I have been assured they are on the roadmap.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise Control, Kaseya VSA and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Way too many issue with the Remoting into our users machines with Kaseya. Also found it to be much more complex than Ninja.

Switched From: Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Price Point and Ease of Use.

Brian
Managing Consultant in US

Excellent RMM for newcomers and experienced in the industry

Comments: The team at NinjaRMM is truly dedicated to providing a world-class RMM and experience for MSP's and ITSP's using it. The team goes out of its way to assist when needed, even getting their engineers involved if a partner need's more technical help. I would recommend and continue work with NinjaRMM to grow our IT services business.

Pros:

First is its ease of use to setup and organize for different clients. The learning curve is very minimal if you're experienced with systems administration tools. I found NinjaRMM to be quite easy to configure patching & scripting, as well as deploy its Webroot integration. NinjaRMM's customer support team is dedicated to helping make NinjaRMM both priced right and function well for your needs.

Cons:

The only con I can think of is the lowly NMS (network management system) agent. I refer to lowly because it's a functional but early-stage NMS solution in contrast to an Auvik or Domotz. However, at Ninja's price-point for some basic network monitoring, this agent works well.

Alternatives Considered: N-sight

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Price-point and TeamViewer integration.

Lucas
Owner in US

ninjaRMM slices through the RMM competition

Comments: Recommendations to others considering the product
There is only one option for ninjaRMM and that's their SaaS model. They use an API framework that allows for integrations with third-party software to provide that single-pane of glass experience. They have a well-rounded "out-of-the-box" solution set and are continuing to mature their features and capabilities. The executive team and leadership are experienced and driven to be the leader in the RMM space.
Status Pros wanted to find a cost-effective solution that would scale with us as we grew. Our experience with other RMM solutions found us wasting time "getting it to work" instead of building real solutions for automation, scripting, remote control, monitoring with "action on" sequencing, integration with third-parties through a single-pane of glass, and a cloud platform that allows us to properly manage our clients from any device, anywhere, anytime.

Pros:

We know all too well that your vendor will make or break you. The team at ninjaRMM has built a solution that simplifies the RMM platform for technology providers with a modern approach. Our experience with the team at ninjaRMM moves the bar way up when it comes to supporting our technicians and third-party integrations. We have found them to not only listen to us but provide responsive and intelligence solutions in a timely manner. Status Pros keeps our client satisfaction levels high by using solutions that actually work they way they are supposed to, ninjaRMM is by far our best and leading solution loved by all of our clients. We can extend the ninjaRMM platform to our clients allow them access to their collateral including beautiful reports and shared access to all the features ninjaRMM offers.

Cons:

Our excitement around ninjaRMM has us looking forward to the roadmap ahead for solutions that are not yet supported. This means we'll have to wait for these solutions as they become available. As a start-up, ninjaRMM is using modern software solutions which can slow down the adoption process for solutions that are not yet modernized to support their API framework.

6 years ago

Hi Lucas, Thank you very much for your kind words! We've been on a tear in 2017 with multiple major releases and are looking to keep the same pace for 2H 2017! Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or feedback, [email protected]

Tom
IT Technican in UK
Retail, 201-500 Employees

Great product for making IT more efficent

Comments: Great - good trial , great staff, good pricing - ever changing and evolving product

Pros:

Small agent based - cloud based - very useful now much more homeworkers Email alerts are great - software installs and server reboots are 2 of the best we use. Powershell scripts work great for installing software / updates - works much more realiably than lan based push scripting. Also very useful file explorer and remote registry for editing / fixing issues Windows updates are easy

Cons:

History for realtime monitoring (cpu / memory / processes) - this is coming soon Storage - if you need to install large software - the limit is 500mb (office 3.8GB) NMS - network monitoring would be better with dead port detection and history

Alternatives Considered: Atera, Naverisk and Pulseway

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Wanted more from the software to manage end users from a cloud based setup

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Combination of good price and great features

Tony
Tony
CTO in US

It's cut down on the amount of time needed to manage our RMM tool so we can focus on our customers.

Comments: Oh were to start. Our old RMM tool was complicated and over whelming. NinjaRMM is simple to use and understand, and doesn't take anytime for someone to pick up and use. We even have a few customers that log in and use the tool. It's just simple, and that's what I wanted. As I said in the review, now we can spend more time with our customers, and less time babying the RMM tool to make sure it's working. Thanks Ninja =)

Pros:

1. Search - something so simple can be the best feature. Our old RMM tool couldn't come close. 2. Ease of creating a policy for a customer or type of device in a customer. 3. Integration with 3rd party tools like AutoTask and TeamViewer. 4. Website branding - New feature, and we love it. 5. SysTray icon has been wonderful! I love the fact that we can use our own icons and give it our own flair. 6. Reports - They look nice and are simple to understand.

Cons:

1. TeamViewer. Not a fan. I'm sure it's not a big deal if you are new to this kind of thing. But we have used a lot of remote control tools in our 20+ years, and there are better options. 2. Can't install software on the fly. You have to use policies and a Schedules Action. I wish there was an option to upload an MSI/EXE/Other Scripts and run to a list of machines or all machines within a company. And give us the ability to turn this on and off so we can have customers do this as well. 3. I wish the update system was also about to update Windows 10 builds. This is still a manual process unless the customer has a server and we can push a script to install a Windows 10 update via UNC.

Kyle
VP Operations in US

A fantastic RMM tool, with a few needed features yet to be added

Comments: Ninja has streamlined our service delivery offerings and saved us money. It's a great tool and offers fantastic value.

Pros:

Value and feature set are the two easy ones. But the biggest difference with Ninja is the support and development. Support (and everyone else at the company), have been AWESOME to work with. Ninja has also kept their roadmap up to date and hit every milestone on it. That is HUGE from a software company. We have been very happy working with Ninja over the last 18 months.

Cons:

Ninja is lacking some search features that larger organizations need. For instance, with other products, we are able to run any crazy search our heart desires and act on it. For instance if we want to see all Windows 10 machines that have the latest version of Chrome installed across our entire client base, it's not possible with Ninja. We've been working with the company to get this implemented. Once they have that capability, I will have no other complaints!

6 years ago

Hi Kyle, Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. We've recently released an advanced search feature under our Devices view through which you can build queries for Windows 10 machines that have Chrome greater than Version X. We're also hard at work with third-party patching so you can patch all versions of Chrome that's out-of-date. Stay tuned for that release :)

Kevin
I.T. Manager in US
Computer Networking, 11-50 Employees

We are fortunate as an MSP to have implemented NinjaRMM as our network device monitoring solution.

Comments: The ability to proactively manage our Customer's network infrastructure with confidence.

Pros:

To be a good MSP, good tools must be available. Those tools must be accurate, cost-effective and of course, easy to learn. Ease-of-use and customizable policies for device management and alerting are two of the features/benefits that stand out with this product vs. the competition. Being able to reliably and proactively monitor/remediate Windows/MAC and SNMP devices is the fundamental goal of our MSP relationship with our customers and NinjaRMM makes that possible in a cost-effective solution.

Cons:

I would like to see more detailed and customizable reporting options, such as the ability to create a custom report that will list any of the metrics I choose from the collected data. Also, I would like to see integration with more mainstream antivirus solutions.

5 years ago

Hi Kevin, Thank you for your kind words. We are restructuring some of our data on the backend to make it more accessible for reporting. This is a little bit involved and we'll let you know when we are close to new reporting features. Thanks again for being a partner! -Andy

Matthew
Owner in US

Switching to NinjaRMM was one of the best decisions we have ever made as a company.

Comments: Productivity has gone up since we have been on NinjaRMM, even my "non-tech" office manager uses NinjaRMM with ease.

Pros:

Ease of use, the layout and design are intuitive and both easy to learn and teach, but it is also a very powerful tool to have at your fingertips. Their choice of partners is well thought out. The partners that are selected provide positive tools I can take to my clients without hesitation. The online community is very active and the key people at NinjaRMM are right there just as involved and always ready to listen to new ideas.

Cons:

Maybe some tweaks in how the reports that we provide to our clients could be setup. I would like to see the ability to select what items gone on each report. Some clients want just a general overview while other clients want all the dirty details.

5 years ago

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your support. We look forward to keep delivering features the community wants. -Andy

Adam
Network Administrator in US

Solid product that just works. Doesn't try to be overly fancy or complicated.

Comments: Makes managing client servers and workstations much easier than our last RMM platform. The Integration with TeamViewer is top-notch and works almost like it's part of the product.

Pros:

We like the simple and easy to navigate interface. When testing the product compared to other RMM platforms, we noticed right away the difference in how simplified Ninja was and it didn't take us 10 minutes clicking on ten sections and five sub-sections before we found the setting we were looking for.

Cons:

The product does lack some features, and as new features are added it does take away some of the easy-to-use nature of the interface. Hopefully Ninja will be able to balance the addition of new features (which it does need to remain competitive) with maintaining a clean interface. Thus far, they've done a pretty decent job, but that may be due to the product still being fairly spartan compared to the bigger players in the industry. Fortunately for us, we did not need all of the extra bells and whistles the big guys have. Those extra features don't come cheap, either.

NinjaRMM Response

5 years ago

Thank you for the review Adam, we will do our best to be the best RMM on the market. Please send any feedback related to features to [email protected]

Jack
IT Technician in UK
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees

Great straightforward RMM tool

Comments: NinjaRMM manages all Windows updates in our company along with saving time when assisting users as I can very quickly connect on. Some times I don't even need to, with access to Task Manager and Services directly in Ninja. I can see where all my machines are at quite easily and know if I need to action anything.

Pros:

The simplicity of setting up the product, using the UI, customer support and knowledge base articles.

Cons:

There are features missing like Hyper-V integration, SNMP printer toner level monitoring but they're always adding new features and they are still relatively new to the RMM game.

Alternatives Considered: Pulseway

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Simplicity, ease of use.

George
George
Managing Director in US

NinjaRMM has continuously provided a quality experience for us as an MSP

Comments: NinjaRMM makes onboarding and management of client devices a lot easier than other RMM tools I've used. Despite several key features still on the roadmap or in development not being ready for production use, they're certainly worth waiting for and hopping on-board with Ninja sooner rather than later as the company has a good direction and will surely overtake many of the older RMM platforms as one of the best solutions for RMM. NinjaRMM has allowed us to quickly and painlessly onboard new customers and efficiently assess and address any incidents and issues on their systems. NinjaRMM provides an easy to use interface that allows us to train technicians with it in a breeze, allowing them to be more productive right at the start without a steep learning curve.

Pros:

NinjaRMM is consistently bringing good features to our RMM platform that allow us to continually grow our level of support for our clients. The support and feedback is always personal and easy to resolve any issues or provide ideas.

Cons:

So far there's nothing we dislike, aside from the occasional bugs which happens with anything, those are generally quickly resolved and not too disruptive to functionality.

Bjoern
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees

NinjaRMM: valuable RMM option

Comments: We're using this for all of our MSP clients and it's been great for us overall. Managed Patching, scripting, monitoring, automatic alert triggered actions etc.

Pros:

It's compact but powerful. Not as big and cluttered as other RMMs. Simple to use web interface and completely cloud hosted. No requirements for installation but still just as flexible. It's great for MSPs, comes with all the necessary features and integrations. The cost is very affordable and they offer 3rd party licenses for a great price e.g. TeamViewer.

Cons:

Not as many integrations as others might have. Not as customizable and feature rich as big players, but it has many good features and Ninja RMM is constantly improving their product.

IT Support in US
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees

Ninja helped us bring automation to IT Ops

Comments: NinjaRMM has helped us bring automation to our team and cut back on the man hours of patching our devices. It gives us a quick overview of the health status of our devices. We are able to bring more automation with the script library and hope to roll out event-driven scripts to solve some of our recurring issues.

Pros:

This product was designed cloud first in mind. Many other products I looked at required the use of on-site servers. Ninja has Mac and Windows support with Linux on the road map. Supporting all the major OS' that we run. The Patch management in Windows and third-party patching has saved us many man hours of our regular patching.

Cons:

no Mobile App as of right now. It's on the road map but this would be super nice to have as my team is always on the move with a mobile device.