15 years helping Canadian businesses

About NinjaOne

NinjaOne is the easiest, all-in-one IT management solution that MSPs and IT professionals love.

Learn more about NinjaOne

Pros:

Ease of use, Cost, No false positives, excellent account management.

Cons:

Lack of built in scripting. Has custom scripting capability but a small script database.

NinjaOne ratings

4.5

9.3/10

NinjaOne has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 208 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used NinjaOne before?

Gil
Gil
CTO in US
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Best-in-class RMM for internal IT Departments

Comments: Overall NinjaOne has allowed us, via automation, to turn our internal IT Department with very limited staff into an army. IT now has an insight into all assets, networks, and activities allowing us to become extremely proactive. Integrated ticketing and Documentation modules allow us to utilize NinjaOne as a nearly one-stop hub for all things IT (we still utilize a separate Remote Access vendor for enhanced features only they offer).

Pros:

After reviewing a host of RMM vendors we decided on NinjaOne for affordability, features, integrations, and support. What we like most is the feature set that revolves around automation. The dashboards, alerting and other features are intuitive and extremely effective. We now utilize the Ticketing module along with Documentation which alleviated two third-party vendors for us.

Cons:

Not much to report here. There are the occasional service disruptions to regional instances (ex. US, CA, EU, etc.) however we have not suffered any lengthy outages (typical growing pains).

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM, Syncro and N-central

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: We chose NinjaOne over the competition due to its reliability, customization, affordability, integrations, and premier-level rapid support.

Eliot
Technical Lead in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A solid, simple, modern RMM solution

Comments: It's simple and doesn't represent a huge investment of time, which when you have a lot on your plate is optimal.

Pros:

We recently migrated to NinjaRMM and I'm really impressed how simple and straightforward it is to set up. It also has a really clean, modern UI which is a big plus compared to some of the more legacy players in the market. Another big plus is that it supports disabling/hiding a lot of features that you don't want to use, which makes it easier to do a phased rollout/implementation. Lastly Ninja's onboarding services were good and their techs were helpful!

Cons:

Since it is a newer player on the scene, there's a lot of rapid development going on, so some things you'd expect from a more established product might be not-exactly-how-you'd-expect-it, and you're waiting on their (tbf, pretty rapid) development cadence to catch up.

Alternatives Considered: N-central

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: LogMeIn Central was not super pleasant to use and not nearly as feature complete as NinjaOne.

Switched From: LogMeIn Central

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: NinjaOne is month to month. We could have gotten a slightly cheaper rate with N-central, but then we'd be locked into a contract. For us, it's worth it to pay a little more to not suffer vendor lock-in.

Alec
IT Manager in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Great RMM and Ticketing System

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, it is a great platform if you know what you are getting into. As an RMM it is excellent and without bells and whistles.

Pros:

Ease of use, scripting that just works, and the dojo community for help

Cons:

It is a little too basic. The document feature is not the best so we use a different product.

Alternatives Considered: ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and Atera

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Price point, ease of use, and nothing overly complicated.

Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

their SMS login is not working - no fix from their support in timly manner

Comments: not good, major issues should be fixed at the time and not dragged out,

Pros:

their is not a lot - I'm not impressed by their lack in support.

Cons:

the Sydney office is not picking up the phone - I doubt if it even exists, SMS verification not working - if you need Ninja to fix the issue they are not doing it in a timely manner.

Tim
Tim
Director of Technology in US
Facilities Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best RMM tool on the market

Comments: I manage an in-house IT department and we always struggled with tracking hardware, history, and status. No matter what we found, we just couldn't get one that was accurate and easy to keep up to date. Ninja just DOES it. I don't have to think about it. I know all my machines in Ninja and the latest info on them is all right there. This makes our network more visible, trackable. My team solves issues faster, more accurately, and in a happier way than ever before.

Pros:

Ninja was so easy to setup. It's fun to tweak. The scripts are simple and there are even some basic templates. It tells me everything I need to know about a computer and what's going on. The integrations have been a huge help. Their documentation is precise, easy to follow and accurate. Our account manager actually cares and checks in on us every 2 weeks. Good vendors are so rare, no matter the product. I'm not really sure I could love this product and this company any more than I do.

Cons:

The only things I can think that I wish was if Ninja made some their own basic ticketing system. That's not a complaint about the product at all, but the other partners they integrate are way more complicated and expensive than I'd like. I know Ninja would crush it if they made a simple one of their own that was tightly integrated with the Ninja portal. Also, the NMS deployment is slightly clunkly. I would like Ninja to bring that in house too.

Alternatives Considered: Atera and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: spiceworks wasn't accurately keeping my hardware up to date.

Switched From: Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Ninja was easier and integrated better with the tools I wanted. The company was more pleasant to work with too.

Erik
Erik
IT Specialist in Netherlands
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Ninja RMM was what we were waiting for

Comments: From start till now, evrything good, good trial and demonatration, explanation, also the customer support, the forum, and after sales, good, fine and motivated people over there, not only too sell. They like so invest for long periods, no one day flies.

Pros:

The ease of use, the speed of the executing comands, the available features, the integrations with our MSP software, the development, customer care, after sales, etc etc.

Cons:

Can't name none at the moment, there is always space for improvements, but don't know what fill in here...

Alternatives Considered: Datto SIRIS

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: We were supprised during the demonstration, didn't know it can also work that easy, but still a complete solution. At the moment we still have an active period with Datto, but we don't use it anymore, just a few months remaining right now....

Switched From: Datto SIRIS

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Because the ease off use, and Ninja is way more faster with applying tasks or commands.

Grant
Network Engineer in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

Favorite RMM to use and manage

Comments: I am very pleased, The account managers have always been friendly and helped connect me with the resources I needed and features I have requested have been added over time. The product really feels like it has grown better and better over the past 2 years.

Pros:

Ease of use, simplicity of using features and the platform performing as expected. There are also frequent feature updates that are taking community feedback and pushing those updates into the product.

Cons:

Lacking a feature to directly send action or script output to an email. I have been able to work around this by baking in SMTP aspects to all scripts that need it to have the script handle that on it's own.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM, ConnectWise RMM, Atera and LogMeIn Central

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Ease of use and very robust and smooth patch management experience.

Patrick
Patrick
System administrator in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Best RMM in the business

Comments: Making it easy to patch our assets and keep control over them. Our remote users love it when we can easily remote in and fix their problems.

Pros:

NinjaOne is easy to use. When you browse its admin center, everything makes sense. Things a properly layed out and easy to find. You can get going in just a few minutes. We use it on a daily basis and it's bundled with amazing features.

Cons:

A little tiny issue here and there, but nothing their technical support weren't able to handle.

Andrew
Technician in Australia

NinjaOne is the NumberOne RMM for MSPs

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Outstanding. I love NinjaOne and couldn't do my job efficiently without it.

Pros:

Ease of use, ease of deployment, the GUI is simple yet gives you everything you need at a glance, simple patching functionality and asset organisation. NinjaOne is incredible.

Cons:

I honestly can't of any shortcomings of NinjaOne. It's an incredible product and must have for any MSP.

Stephen
Ceo in US
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Reviews of product

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It's very easy to use it was. It was even easier to train somebody how to use it.

Cons:

It could always be user-friendly or more. Also the price too

Jamie
Senior IT consultant in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Exactly what we needed from an RMM

Comments: Very good. Even though we're a small IT company, every member of staff have made us feel valued as a Ninja client.

Pros:

The patch management works great, clients feel confident that we are proactive with important security updates.

Cons:

The UI can be a bit tricky at times but the online FAQs are very helpful.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise PSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Price but the frequency of changes and management lost our confidence in Solarwinds (formally GFI, LogicNow, Hounddog).

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: I was impressed by the efficiency, professionalism and that Ninja seemed to want to get to know us and work with our business.

Raphael
IT Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Powerful and cost effective RMM tool backed by an efficient support

Comments: We are very happy to have chosen the NinjaRMM solution as this has greatly improved our work efficiency, troubleshooting faults, SLAs, overall IT processes and support to our customers and internally.

Pros:

The product it is highly functional, constantly evolving in the right direction by listening to the MSP using it and so easy to use compared to other RMM's Overall asset list management and monitoring features TeamViewer and Splashtop native integration Variety of PSA desk tools integration Full antivirus integration with Webroot or Bitdefender was a key element and selling point Backup integration

Cons:

The overall integration was really easy. You feel like you are part of the journey with the constant development of new features Clear documentation on all features Efficient and knowledgeable support More granular reporting would be great

Alternatives Considered: N-sight, Avast Business CloudCare and SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Cost and financial flexibility Personal approach and communication throughout the onboarding process and beyond Ease of use

Ed
Retail and Repair Operations in US
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

Great company to help with all management needs

Comments: [sensitive content hidden] is awesome and has always been there. He would reach out every few weeks and is always helpful. We were passed to a new rep that has only talked to me once so if I had one thing I would ask for [sensitive content hidden] back because he is a rockstar.

Pros:

Price and features. When I need help I can reach out to my rep who helps me get direct access to support.

Cons:

Interface still a work in progress. Does not integrate with Malwarebytes Endpoint which is our Endpoint of choice though we buy Malwarebytes from Ninja.

James
Technical Service Manager in Ireland

Hidden Software Gem

Comments: Excellent product that we will use for years to come

Pros:

This product has wizards that make guided install a breeze to deal with, fast efficient deployment and ease of use

Cons:

More customisation of reports would be a great benefit

Alternatives Considered: SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Better features, low cost and ease of deployment

Switched From: Datto RMM

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Less complicated setup and ease of use along with intuitive interfaces.

Stan
I.T. Specialist in US

Get the job done

Comments: Ninja is aggresively customer focused - as it should be.

Pros:

I like the smooth and fast interface. Other products have universities setup so you can spend days and weeks learning their system. That is not needed here. It gives me exactly what I need to get the job done.

Cons:

Anything can be improved. Some aspects of the interface could be tweaked.

Ryan
Owner, Lead Technology Solutions Consultant in US

An Excellent Solution for Start-Up MSPs

Comments: Working with NinjaRMM's customer service was an excellent experience. Built with a team of seasoned professionals, all with various different levels of experience in business ownership, maintenance, technical support, and account management, Ninja delivers top-notch customer services in an efficiently timely manner. After speaking with their billing team and our account manager, we were able to work out flexibility with billing, remaining easy to work with and understanding while we straightened out our Accounts Payable systems. It's exciting to be working with a company that is ever increasing their capabilities, expanding their team, and continuously pushing out new features to allow us to operate more effectively in the MSP workspace, provide higher quality of service, and expand our customer reach by providing many different options for managing our client networks.

Pros:

NinjaRMM is incredibly easy to use, combining a fluid interface with powerful back-end features. One of the greatest things about this tool is that it just works. There's no complicated setup, or difficult to manage interface. All options and tools are clearly labeled, easy to understand, and the interface is laid out in an easy to navigate structure that is pleasent to look at. Our favorite feature by far is the SysTray customization options that allow us to place a service icon in the System Tray, and give our users tools directly on their desktop to self-resolve, or call assistance when necessary. Additionally, NinjaRMM has done a great job of implementing state of the art technology to provide SMNP monitoring capabilities, as well as managing and monitoring uptime and downtime instances.

Cons:

Some of the features that you expect to be there aren't yet fully deployed. We're excited about the potential for backup capabilities with Ninja, however these features don't work perfectly all of the time. In addition, their interface currently lacks a Task Manager system for managing services and tasks, however I've been informed that this is slated for a later release. I would be interested in seeing a development roadmap made public to the subscribers as it gives us a better indication of how to plan for new capabilities/integrations that we may be able to use. Additionally, it would be neat to make uptime calculations so that we can provide percentages for various services to our clients in our reports. Again, I have been informed that full report customization is an upcoming feature, and I'm excited to see that take place.

Olivier
IT Manager in France
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Adopt Ninja RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) as a MSP company and also for internal use

Comments: Proactive service
Real time issues detection
Scheduled action
Win a lot of time !

Pros:

- Clear GUI with excellent reactivity: Ninja RMM is designed to monitor and also to schedule actions after an issue detection, based on preset policies (for servers and computers, Windows nd Mac). You can also monitor webserver or internet line. Personalize a policy takes a few minutes and it's simple to interact with any computer (many useful options are available, as the CMD window). - Incredible ROI for new technicians. After a brief demo, a newcomer understands how it works. This was very important for us as we didn't have days to set up a monitoring tool... - Ninja NMS (Network Management System) is powerful and easily discovers assets in a network, monitor each asset and check it regularly (switch, printers, firewall, pcs, etc.) - Customer Service always on the top (email answer, community website, efficient commercial team) - good documents and videos to help during the beginning - Regular new functionalities: dev team listens to customer's features requests; probably the most important for me. The Ninja service is better and better and improves rapidly - Installing the Agent add it automatically to the customer/organization in the Console. Very useful if you send it to a new customer cause you don't have to log on and identify your MSP saas account tool! It is more secured. After 5 min, all the information (CPU, Memory, Services, Software inventory, Windows Event, Antivirus state, etc.) are available and can help to solve your customer issue.

Cons:

- Mac OS : all functionnalities are not yet available, especially software actions - Would like to have a netflow, syslog and backup in NMS for more firewall providers

7 years ago

Hi Olivier. Thank you very much for your review. Stay tuned we will be releasing a ton of new Mac agent functionality in the next couple of weeks :)

Tom
IT Technican in UK
Retail, 201–500 Employees

Great product for making IT more efficent

Comments: Great - good trial , great staff, good pricing - ever changing and evolving product

Pros:

Small agent based - cloud based - very useful now much more homeworkers Email alerts are great - software installs and server reboots are 2 of the best we use. Powershell scripts work great for installing software / updates - works much more realiably than lan based push scripting. Also very useful file explorer and remote registry for editing / fixing issues Windows updates are easy

Cons:

History for realtime monitoring (cpu / memory / processes) - this is coming soon Storage - if you need to install large software - the limit is 500mb (office 3.8GB) NMS - network monitoring would be better with dead port detection and history

Alternatives Considered: Atera, Naverisk and Pulseway

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Wanted more from the software to manage end users from a cloud based setup

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Combination of good price and great features

Tony
Tony
CTO in US

It's cut down on the amount of time needed to manage our RMM tool so we can focus on our customers.

Comments: Oh were to start. Our old RMM tool was complicated and over whelming. NinjaRMM is simple to use and understand, and doesn't take anytime for someone to pick up and use. We even have a few customers that log in and use the tool. It's just simple, and that's what I wanted. As I said in the review, now we can spend more time with our customers, and less time babying the RMM tool to make sure it's working. Thanks Ninja =)

Pros:

1. Search - something so simple can be the best feature. Our old RMM tool couldn't come close. 2. Ease of creating a policy for a customer or type of device in a customer. 3. Integration with 3rd party tools like AutoTask and TeamViewer. 4. Website branding - New feature, and we love it. 5. SysTray icon has been wonderful! I love the fact that we can use our own icons and give it our own flair. 6. Reports - They look nice and are simple to understand.

Cons:

1. TeamViewer. Not a fan. I'm sure it's not a big deal if you are new to this kind of thing. But we have used a lot of remote control tools in our 20+ years, and there are better options. 2. Can't install software on the fly. You have to use policies and a Schedules Action. I wish there was an option to upload an MSI/EXE/Other Scripts and run to a list of machines or all machines within a company. And give us the ability to turn this on and off so we can have customers do this as well. 3. I wish the update system was also about to update Windows 10 builds. This is still a manual process unless the customer has a server and we can push a script to install a Windows 10 update via UNC.

Dennis
Network Engineer in Netherlands
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Fast and easy to use RMM

Comments: Pro-active management of our clients. We see problems before the customer realizes it's there.

Pros:

The RMM is lighting fast compared to others. The Remote tools are very easy to do maintenance on the background without interfering the users. You can set monitoring policies on companies and also create policies with inheretance with saves alot of time to make something for another type of device. For example: monitor specific services on a DC, but add an extra that inherit it, and add the exchange template to it :) They keep the MSP up-to-date with a roadmap, and keep adding features and still manage to keep it simple to use. In the last year they added VMWare support, this was a big thing that they were missing, but now they finally have it !

Cons:

There is no Linux agent, but it's on the roadmap.

Andre
Andre
Senior Technical Specialist in US
Cosmetics, 11–50 Employees

NinjaRMM is the go to software for my business! I use this software everyday and love it!

Comments: The overall RMM needs without the overly complicated setup and maintenance. I value the kind support from them to help me with my business. This software is my go to software in my toolkit and with the integrations with other key players in the industry made my decision to choose them a smart one.

Pros:

I love the Dashboards and NMS features. Also the Cloud Alerts save my bacon! This software has allowed me to manage clients remotely with team-viewer integration and also provide back ups services plus AV for not-for-profit organizations that have tight IT budgets. It allows me to have a one-stop shop as an MSP.

Cons:

Some of the alerts are not sent when certain issues with systems happen. So you have to be mindful to check your dashboard daily. More updates are needed to the NMS and their pricing have changed around agents and NMS agents bundled together.

6 years ago

Andre, thank you for the positive review. We are definitely making more updates to NMS (Network Management) in 2018. Stay tuned for a roadmap update on NMS in our community, thanks!

Nate
President in US

NinjaRMM - Our Strategic Partner - Simple and Powerful

Comments: NinjaRMM gives us the ability for just a few technicians to manage hundreds of endpoints from anywhere in the world with real-time insight into everyday problems and remote support through Teamviewer.

Pros:

We partnered with NinjaRMM after running demos of over a half dozen similar RMM tools. None of them were as intuitive as NinjaRMM or offered the amount of features. NinjaRMM is constantly developing their product and releasing updates based on feedback from their MSP client base. Their support is always available and they actually want to help you solve problems. They are a strategic partner that we could not live without. We love the integration with Accelo (our PSA platform), Cloudberry (backups), Webroot (antivirus) and Malwarebytes (anti-malware).

Cons:

There is nothing that we dislike about NinjaRMM. If there was something we didn't like we would have picked another RMM tool.

Rick
Senior IT Specialist in Netherlands
Computer Games, 11–50 Employees

Simple, straight forward IT management software

Comments: Overall I've had a great experience, especially comparing to other software I took on at the same time.
The support is great, having an account manager is handy if you need someone, documentation is nice and the software also looks good.
I've been able to support our organisation well with this product and there's probably even more I can do with it that I've yet to discover.

Pros:

The remote control is great to have especially during this period, also being able to see at a glance what state our systems are in. The support for this software is great and the fact they have a public roadmap helps satisfy curiosity of features/wishes we want to see in the product. Having European support is also super helpful, no waiting for US people to wake up!

Cons:

It can be a bit tricky to use some of the features you don't often use, however although I say this, they have simple documentation that you can follow to achieve your goals, if not they're support always helps. I do like that they already have integrations with other software and that more are in the pipeline. Features that are missing for me at the moment is cross organization user accounts and SAML SSO but these are both in the pipeline.

Jarom
Director of Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Ninja is a fantastic RMM tool. It elegantly combines simplicity with ease of use.

Comments: Network administrators can make managing hundreds if not thousands of machines an achievable task. It's fast, it's simple, and it just works.

Pros:

Combines easily with other related IT MSP tools via API, makes managing large groups of computers a piece of cake. The dashboard is simple, and UI is intuitively designed to be easy to operate. It's reliable, and the Ninja support team is responsive and helpful. After using a plethora of other RMM tools, Ninja has them all beat.

Cons:

TeamViewer/Ninja RMM integration sometimes is slower than I'd like to synchronize data, but it still works reliably for the most part. There's not a whole lot I dislike about this tool, mostly just wishing it had more features and integrations. (Which are constantly expanding.)

6 years ago

Thank you Jarom! We had 10 feature releases in 2017 and have a lot more planned for 2018.

Jack
IT Technician in UK
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Great straightforward RMM tool

Comments: NinjaRMM manages all Windows updates in our company along with saving time when assisting users as I can very quickly connect on. Some times I don't even need to, with access to Task Manager and Services directly in Ninja. I can see where all my machines are at quite easily and know if I need to action anything.

Pros:

The simplicity of setting up the product, using the UI, customer support and knowledge base articles.

Cons:

There are features missing like Hyper-V integration, SNMP printer toner level monitoring but they're always adding new features and they are still relatively new to the RMM game.

Alternatives Considered: Pulseway

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Simplicity, ease of use.