isolved Reviews

3.9 (396) Write a Review!

About isolved

isolved is an employee experience leader, providing intuitive, people-first HCM technology.

Learn more about isolved

Pros:

The direct deposit feature is priceless. This has saved us a load of time.

Cons:

Netsuite is a bottomless pit of despair. Getting help shouldn't be so hard.

isolved ratings

3.9
3.6
3.8
3.8

7.1/10

isolved has an overall rating of 3.9 out 5 stars based on 396 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used isolved before?

Lisa
Accounting and HR Manager in US

iSolved Cares!

Comments: I love iSolved and my customer service team. I am the only HR and payroll person for 130 employees and I could not survive without them!

Pros:

iSolved customer service is excellent and attentive. They are alwasy moving forward to stay ahead of trends and needs. They listen to their customers and they respond in a timely manner. The software is easy to use even across multiple EINS.

Cons:

If I have to come up with something, I'd say, I'd like to see them to enhance the storage and organization capabilities of the library in Share and Perform more like a true intranet,.

Mischele
Accounting Department Manager in US
Printing, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use but powerful

Comments: While the price may seem steep, it has a lot of functionality that can save on time spent by in-house employees. For our company, it has definitely paid for itself in my time savings alone. It does take a fair amount of time to set up, but they have an entire team to walk you through the whole process, making it easy.

Pros:

We like the ease of use and fast processing. Previously, we had done payroll entirely in-house. ISolved, however, takes care of nearly everything, freeing me up to perform other functions within the company. It takes care of all tax filings, wage garnishments, direct deposits, PTO tracking, and benefits. Employees can now access all their information on their own, make any needed changes, and print copies of paycheck stubs and W-2s without having to ask me. It is user-friendly and relatively easy to navigate the system. There are a wide variety of available preset reports and, if you can't find what you need, they will create a custom report for you. Calling them gets you a real, friendly person who is usually very helpful.

Cons:

Lately, I have had some issues getting a callback. Although calling our Relations Manager usually resolves this issue. And, because it has so many functions, it sometimes takes some looking to find out where they have placed a little-used feature when you want it

Jaylene
HR and Payroll Director in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Isolved Solutions that don't break the bank

Comments: It's been an adventure, but the rewards and benefits have definitely outweighed any struggles.

Pros:

The customization that is possible with the software was the most attractive aspect. Especially for the cost, this product allows small businesses enjoy the same quality of services that larger fortune 500 organizations.

Cons:

There isn't much that I don't like about the software; however, one thing that I would say that has been an issue is the time zone differences between me and available support team members. Especially, if they are based out of the east coast, I find that there is only a 1-2 window to conduct business out of Alaska.

Deanna
HR Generalist in US
Machinery, 51-200 Employees

Let iSolved hold your Hat!

Pros:

What I like most about iSolved is their flexibility to handle every unique employer situation and their continual improvements to make sure they are the total solution for any employer. Human Resource professionals do not have just one hat to wear, no matter what their "assigned" role is within the HR Dept. Or, for those HR Departments of One who literally do it all....how many hats do you wear? Too many to count! iSolved has a multi-faceted solution for just about any situation. They can be as simple or complex as necessary to help you accomplish whatever tracking, reporting, or analysis is needed in your organization. Let iSolved hold some of your hats!!

Cons:

When I first began using this software, I will admit that customer support and training was a little lacking. That said, iSolved is continually seeking feedback from clients on what areas are needed for improvement.... and they actually do something with that feedback! They have improved their customer service and training 200% from where it was in 2016. There are tools and resources available even after hours. I don't believe that any software is perfect, which means the support for the software has to be top notch.

Tracy
Farming, 51-200 Employees

From an isolved supporter :)

Comments: Excellent, nothing buy excellence :)

Pros:

At my previous employer I helped make the selection and implement isolved and it was so nice to work with the isolved implementation and customer service team. We had isolved timeclock, payroll, benefits elections, onboarding and ACA at my previous. When I started my new position the company was only using isolved for payroll processing and that was it. In the first year we changed to isolved time, added onboarding, benefits elections and ACA in twelve months time. Just recently we added the 360 integration for our 401K plan as well. Each step felt like someone was inhouse assisting me through each part of the implementation. I didn't have a worry since this was my second time doing this and I knew what to expect and boy did they deliver.

Cons:

Nothing to report at this time. With isolved philosophy of constantly improving their program there is little time to worry about anything that may not be functioning to my standards. It's like they are reading my mind :)

Teaching Assistant in US
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Decent Software, But Can Use a Little Work

Comments: Overall, isolved does what you expect it to do, but there are occasional roadblocks which need to be overcome in order to have everything done completely. I would recommend it, but would also let people know about the occasional pitfalls that may come with it.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is the fact that it allows users to input their data from a variety of sources, whether it be on the worksite itself, while on the go via the mobile app, or even at home, whether it be via a laptop, desktop or, again, the smartphone app. There are a couple of pitfalls associated with this benefit, which will be discussed in the "cons" section. Something else I do happen to like about isolved is the fact that it does not slow down whatever device you are using it on, compared to some other competing software, (this is probably due to the fact that it does not use significant amounts of RAM while a user is engaged with it). Lastly, something else I like about this software is the fact that it includes a private communications portal, such that users can communicate with their HR managers, without having to share what email, phone number, etc., the message is being sent from. Those who value privacy would probably find this feature quite appealing, (I know I do, for sure).

Cons:

While there are definitely some positives to report about this software, as shown in the previous "pros" box, there are a couple of "cons" to report, as well. The largest one that comes to mind is associated with the isolved mobile app. Specifically, the app does tend to crash out of nowhere at times, causing whatever data that was being inputted into it to be deleted, thus resulting in it needing to be re-inputted. A potential fix to this would be for the inputted data to be saved in real time, or work on a fix that would prevent these crashes from occurring in the first place. A second "con" I have to report relates to the fact that the overall layout of the platform can get a little confusing at times, since sometimes it seems that the user needs to click on numerous different tabs in order to get to the page they are looking for. I had not experienced this type of complexity in the past with competing softwares, so eliminating that hassle would make the experience much more enjoyable. Lastly, getting a hold of customer service can take a while, as their hold times can get a little long. Fortunately, I have not had the need to contact them very often, but when I did, I found myself waiting for more than I expected to wait.

Chrissy
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

Horrible Customer Service

Comments: The product is fine if you want something mediocre. I have been searching for other payroll companies and found a few that are far much better. I recommend PDS VISTA for an MEO type of employer. I am not an ADP fan, but I believe that would also be much better too. This is not worth the savings in my opinion. Also, iSolved purchase Encore back in July, I believe. Since July, I had been asking for demo's in which i received no response other than a short 2 minute demo on their website. When I was finally contacted by iSolved to switch the product over, they only gave me two weeks to switch. Did not provide any demos because I was told that they will switch me and then train me. The data converted was a mess and the implementation team did absolutely no research on our company. Our date files are a mess and our retirement company still has not received a completed file from iSolved. At this time, I still have not received a demo on the other products I initially asked about. They just switch me over and dropped me.

Pros:

We have multiple companies (multiple FEIN's) and it is nice to have every employee in one spot.

Cons:

This product is not the best if you have an MEO with multiple locations with separate bank accounts. The system requires that you run a payroll for every bank account instead of one payroll per company. We were forced onto this software once iSolved bought out Sage Encore. The Encore platform was much easier to use in regards to processing payroll. In Encore, it took me 30 minutes (at the most) to process payroll. On iSolved, it takes me about 3 hours. Employees must have an email to access their paystubs. Customer Service is absolutely horrible. You DO NOT have a dedicated account manager. Your emails/phone calls are sent to a hub to where you are waiting at least 30-45 minutes on the phone or you never receive a response from an email. I have employees who have not received a paycheck, no response from iSolved and no assistance from them either. It is the absolute worst.

Brandy
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

First time experience

Comments: It was a rough start as we are brand new to ISolved. I think that the transition could've been done a bit better and eased new clients into it rather than abruptly. I think the customer service side needs more work, as well as the follow-up time.

Pros:

I like that the platforms are easier to navigate through. I like that you have several options as far as time and payroll go.

Cons:

I do not like the interface for the mobile view. I think updates should be done more frequently or covering more of the major issues as we are in a society of mobile devices and needing easy access to change/update information.

Michelle
HR Manager in US

Great Product for the Money!

Comments: We are utilizing the complete iSolved HRIS modules with the exception of MOJO. Payroll, Benefits, Time, iHire, LMS, COBRA, 401K file feed.

Pros:

I like that it is user friendly, and that iSolved continues to upgrade their features because they are listening to their customers requests. Administratively, I have found this system to be much easier to use than previous HRIS systems. The implementation team was great!

Cons:

That salaried employees cannot use the absence function because it is tied to payroll. For our company, our salaried employees need to be able to change approved time off after payroll has been run, which unfortunately locks down that time frame, so we are forced to use our old HRIS system to track salaried emloyee PTO. Also, there is no one single place that has transparency for employees to see all of their time off accruals and transactions. Also, does not do payroll in Canada.

Colleen
Payroll Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Ease of use and robust features

Comments: We use iSolved to run payroll, manage recruitment and onboarding, open enrollment, benefits administration and other HR data. We love how easy it is for employees to have one login for most of their needs.

Pros:

iSolved allows us to manage so much of our payroll and HR workflows in one program that is easy to use.

Cons:

Nothing that I can think of, we like all of the features we currently use.

Morgan
HR Coordinator in US
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees

Getting better all the time!

Comments: iSolved is a great system and I love that there are new updates all the time!

Pros:

Easy to use for both admin and end user.

Cons:

I wish there was a favorites menu for reports

Deb
Finance Offier in US
Libraries, 51-200 Employees

Buyer beware

Comments: We purchased the TimeForce II solution to handle time and labor tracking. After a few years, we looked into adding payroll and HR services. However, the price for those services was way more expensive than other vendors. When we chose an alternative vendor, we found that we would need to continue paying for the service for a year, even though they were no longer providing the service, and there was no way to export our data to the new system. We had to manually enter all the data by hand from poorly designed reports and screen shots for some things that had no reports.

Pros:

It was an improvement over manual time-keeping and served as a decent entry-level option

Cons:

Set up is not intuitive. When you add a new employee they may or may not actually be attached to their supervisor. Reporting features are limited. There are some things that you just can't get from the system, like pending leave requests. There is NO OPTION to export your data if you terminate the product. The fees increase without notice every year. You cannot terminate the product before the end of your annual license agreement.

Diana
Director of human Resources in US
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees

iSolved is quality HRIS for small to mid-size business(es)

Comments: Tax department is very slow to respond to requests or questions. Multiple emails back and forth with no call to the client. Would like to see SLAs for all functional areas as it relates to the customer experience.

Pros:

Automation (workflow) - ease of access for the employee, reporting capabilities.

Cons:

lack of test employee(s), test environment for administrators

Cindy

iSolved

Comments: We have had a good experience with iSolved.

Pros:

The ease of use and accessibility for our employees. Onboarding new employees is simple as well.

Cons:

The inability to customize the menus and some other features.

Sofia
Accounting Manager in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

It does what it should do

Comments: It can make payroll a simple process, but at the same time, it can make payroll reporting a confusing process too.

Pros:

The product is easy to use once you get the hang of it. It is a little redundant sometimes but it's accuracy has been tested too many times, and it always delivers. I like how easy it is to input payroll, and process reports. It is very quick.

Cons:

I feel that someone could have a little hard time getting the hang of it when first implemented. All in all it is a very accurate program, it has potential, it's report writer is very powerful, but requires extensive computers knowledge to navigate through the multiple layers of a report.

greg
general manager in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Not so Happy

Comments: Just o.k. If it was not for representatives, probably would have left a long time ago!

Pros:

navigating the system is pretty easy. Did love representative in support.

Cons:

Do not like waiting on hold for support, and waiting for a call back is a good option, but can be on the phone myself when i get the return call. Don't like the fact that the system does not have a good scheduling module, how to go outside to purchase scheduling module. Seems like the I solved platform is getting outdated, and the company is having trouble staying up with the latest technology. Been having a terrible time with timesaver support and getting PTO set up. Dont like the fact that are taxes were not paid.

Tiffany
Hospital Administrator in US
Veterinary Software, 11-50 Employees

Best Payroll Experience I have had yet!

Comments: Overall, we are very satisfied with the software and the customer service that we have received from the software.

Pros:

They have a quick button that allows you to click and easily click and easily add a new hire. Different tabs allow the administrator to know if they are working on an employee, working on the business, working on the setup. The software is robust enough to create and manage all of your employee benefits.

Cons:

Learning how to navigate the payroll system took more time than I had experienced with past payroll companies. I had to create my own cheat sheet that was simple, that would have been nice for them to provide for new users.

Susan
VP Sales and Marketing in US
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees

iSolved HCM review

Pros:

User friendly with full HCM features and continued expansion

Cons:

UI needs a facelift and the support team takes a prolonged period of time to address issues

Kimberly
HR Director in US
Retail, 201-500 Employees

ISolved Products

Comments: It is a good system that is easy to use. It is completely customizable for any unique situations.

Pros:

ISolved is user friendly. It can be customized for unusual pay structures and multiple pay structures within the same company. It is packed full of useful reports that are already loaded, or you have the ability to build a custom report as well.

Cons:

There have been a couple of glitches regarding third party payments that have caused some problems. ISolved has been very quick to get those glitches corrected as quickly as possible.

Kimber
Accounting Software, 51-200 Employees

Best online Payroll Software I have used

Comments: Overall I love using this software and I have been doing payroll for many years and used many different softwares. This is still my favorite.

Pros:

I love that I can see all my changes in real time. I can view everything that will process before it processes. This allows me to catch any errors ahead of sending the file.

Cons:

The customer service is not the best. They have gotten too big is my opinion and there have been some mess ups on their side which have been unprofessional. They do always fix the problems, but I don't think they should have happened in the first place.

Gina
HR Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees

Love this HRIS!!

Comments: LOVED the team and the dedicated reps. For sure best service around for such a wonderful tool!

Pros:

Robust and super easy to use - very user friendly!

Cons:

Would be nice if there was a built in expense feature too!

Stephanie
Director, HR in US
Textiles, 201-500 Employees

Great HCM for small/medium size businesses

Comments: Overall, iSolved is a great product. They are constantly improving and I can't wait for what's to come!

Pros:

I like that the product is all in one and that it is relatively easy for my employees to find the information they need.

Cons:

The things I like the least would be the change in customer service, I enjoyed having a dedicated rep; we got to know each other and our people. The growing pains have been a challenge (especially with the tax team -- but we're HR professionals, we get it!!). I wish some features that were promised years ago, actually have been implemented.

Celeste
Celeste
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

I Love iSolved!

Pros:

I liked that iSolved People Services is easy to implement and customize. *Payroll process is easy *online time cards and employee adaptive experience are great! *Online onboarding for new employees is easy to use and makes data entry easier

Cons:

There's so much that iSolved offers and can customized, I would like to get more information on what I can do. Employee adaptive experience app some times glitches and makes it hard for employees to you. I also wish it was an app in the App Store.

Marcia
Manager, Accounting, Finance & HR in US
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees

Still learning and working through processes

Comments: Pleased with the product

Pros:

Easy to integrate, but there were a few items we thought were included that hadn't been done.

Cons:

So many steps in setting up shifts, rules, etc. Confusing to try to get through all of them.

Karen
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

Easy to use software with lots of functionality

Pros:

I enjoy the timekeeping and payroll parts of this software. I enjoy the ease of use from a manager standpoint and the ability to keep up with time accurately and quickly adjust errors of timecards. The payroll function is great, as we still have overall control but iSolved manages the major processing components of the processing.

Cons:

Would like more in depth report functionality and ease of using and finding reports.