15 years helping Canadian businesses

About isolved

isolved People Cloud goes beyond typical HCM to seamlessly connect and manage the entire employee journey from hire to retire.

Learn more about isolved

Pros:

The direct deposit feature is priceless. This has saved us a load of time.

Cons:

Netsuite is a bottomless pit of despair. Getting help shouldn't be so hard.

isolved ratings

3.7

7.2/10

isolved has an overall rating of 3.9 out 5 stars based on 518 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used isolved before?

Business Office Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

i-Soved it the BEST

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has made our job more manageable, we absolutely love it. I can highly recommend it to anyone.

Pros:

Customer service is top notch, knowledgeable, kind and efficient. If they do not have the answer immediately they happily get me to the correct person who can help

Cons:

They only thing I do not have a complete grasp on is benefits. It is as much of a "me" problem as it is an iSolved problem.

Autumn
HCM Benefit Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Make your life easier with iSolved Benefits Administration

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: After about year in the system, it has been a learning experience. But it has been fun and interesting learning the system capabilities and sharing those with our clients. You can keep it simple, or you can really customize it to your own and have whatever information you choose to loaded into the system. It's really versatile!

Pros:

iSolved offers a user-friendly online platform for your employees to review and elect their benefits. The system allows you to customize your enrollment experience. With it's workflow process, it sends notification to your chosen Client User, reducing the need for HR intervention.

Cons:

Some of the setups can be convoluted, but iSolved does offer responsive customer service to assist with any questions/issues you may come across.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of isolved. We are so happy to hear that the customer support team continues to be a great resource for you and your business. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

IT Manager in US
Construction

Quite possibly the worst software I have ever used...

Pros:

This software has one merit... the security principals practiced are pentagon level. Your employees will have to type about 5 times the information into their phone or computer as they do to login to their online banking. I can login to my online banking app with about 20 key presses. This app requires more than 40. Passwords are enforced with a complexity that leads to numerous support calls for lost passwords. This would be well and good if the system actually allowed you to access some sort of sensitive data... however the mobile app allows you to punch in and out ONLY with no provision for actually seeing your recorded time. So yes, fort knox security principals that are so onerous your users will HATE you. The app existed in version 3.x before they added an option to save your login name and company id... I have typed my user name and company code hundreds of times during our roll out. This has been addressed now... in version 4. Think about that for a moment. Your company code is a random string your employees will need to remember. The format is X9999999 at least in our case. So yeah, tell your common laborer he must remember C4585209 or something similar to use your time clock... as well as his login name and password.

Cons:

The software is at best broken. The development team are slightly above high school level. The support is non existent. You will be told they will fix it in the next version. The phone app does NOT work on all phones. The login screen is "cut off" on smaller screens and there is no way to swipe down to see the login button. No workaround exists as you cannot press the off screen button. NO support. The phone app also does not allow an employee to view their recorded hours. This leads to numerous punches as they believe it did work. Server connectivity issues are very common. Be prepared to "fix" timecards for employees every single day. The check stub viewing app, while integrated into the mobil app, requires the use of a completely different login and stupidly complex password. You WILL be getting calls every week when your employees get locked out because they forgot their password or used the punch login for the paystub side. When this happens, you cannot simply reset the password... no you must send them a system generated email and they have to go through the process of choosing a password and secret questions all over again. Again, I can get into my online banking software MUCH easier. If you expect this software to work with mobile employees think again. Unless they have access to an actual computer they will not be able to see their timecard or paystubs. Your employees WILL HATE YOU if you force them to use this. We are limping this pile of garbage software to the end of our construction season and migrating to a new solution over the winter break. We have lost employees because of this software. The software forces the employees mobile device to use "system time" which is good but it does NOT force the use of GPS when punching. An employee can simply turn off location services before he punches and you have no idea if he was sitting in bed or at the job site.

Jennifer
Benefits Coordinator and Payroll in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

iSolved works for us.

Comments: Good. I just wish I could do more on my own before calling for help.

Pros:

Isolved software works well for our company.

Cons:

I wish there were better help screens in isolved for administrators.

3 months ago

We're pleased to hear that isolved is working well for your company.

Denise
Human Resources Manager in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Could focus more on customer needs rather than the look of your product. New format is awful!

4.0 last month New

Comments: Mediocre at best! Initially impressed and now there are too many things that don't flow and are not a time saver, rather a time sucker!

Pros:

Initially seemed easy to use for standard items. Definitely can improve on many levels of their integrated piece-meal system platforms - if only they cared enough to ask and listen!

Cons:

2 years in, they don't care as much, are not customer oriented as they touted. They don't listen to their customers wants, needs, and requests. Our priorities appear to be insignificant. We may be looking for another vendor, especially when it comes to special requests for bank auditors, they don't feel that's important to jump on special reports.

3 weeks ago

We apologize for your experience with isolved and that we haven’t met your expectations. We strive to provide our customers with the best service possible. I have sent your feedback to our customer support team so we can so we can take the corrective steps to improve our services.

Mike
Director of Human Resources in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Isolved in my experience

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall the experience has been rewarding and a good asset for my role. I like the product and have suggested it as an option to peers in the community.

Pros:

I like the availability of the system to grow with companies and provide additional platforms dependent on the company needs. I really enjoy the ease of use of the product.

Cons:

Service response is lacking at times. I would like the response to questions or issues to be more timely.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback as we strive to exceed our customer expectations and continuously add new features and functionality to enhance the value our customers get from using isolved. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Amy
Payroll in US
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

Amazing Time Saving Product

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Using this platform has saved me valuable time in my daily tasks.

Pros:

Ease of Use in features related to payroll & Time.

Cons:

None at the present time, we are fully satisfied

Claire
Implementation Consultant in US
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

iSolved Review

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I enjoy the customization capabilities of iSolved. It is also super useful that the system in cloud based

Cons:

Many of the features are clunky, under construction and not user friendly.

Aaron
Human Resource Manager in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Comprehensive Payroll Software!

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We love that the software has such diverse HR/Payroll options. The ability to have electronic files is such a huge plus! Payroll is a breeze, and can be done in minimal amount of time. Seamless integration with timecards and payroll makes it easy!

Cons:

The timeclock/app is not the most intuitive for employees.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear that you appreciate having all your HCM systems in one place. We apologize for the challenges you've experienced with the mobile app. We're actively working to address these issues for a smoother user experience.

Brendan
Sales in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Straightforward Time Tracking and Payroll

4.0 last month New

Pros:

isolved is great because of the two viewing options it gives you; there is a more simple version to use when you are just needing to clock in and check paystubs, then their original view has every option under the sun regarding forms, taxes, and more. I find the simple view covers 95% of what I need, so that's great!

Cons:

A current update to the site made it a little bit bare looking. I don't know if that's related to some extensions I have on my browser, but many graphics are missing.

Tracy
HR Manager in US
Farming, 51–200 Employees

From an isolved supporter :)

Comments: Excellent, nothing buy excellence :)

Pros:

At my previous employer I helped make the selection and implement isolved and it was so nice to work with the isolved implementation and customer service team. We had isolved timeclock, payroll, benefits elections, onboarding and ACA at my previous. When I started my new position the company was only using isolved for payroll processing and that was it. In the first year we changed to isolved time, added onboarding, benefits elections and ACA in twelve months time. Just recently we added the 360 integration for our 401K plan as well. Each step felt like someone was inhouse assisting me through each part of the implementation. I didn't have a worry since this was my second time doing this and I knew what to expect and boy did they deliver.

Cons:

Nothing to report at this time. With isolved philosophy of constantly improving their program there is little time to worry about anything that may not be functioning to my standards. It's like they are reading my mind :)

Accounting and HR Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

iSolved Cares!

Comments: I love iSolved and my customer service team. I am the only HR and payroll person for 130 employees and I could not survive without them!

Pros:

iSolved customer service is excellent and attentive. They are alwasy moving forward to stay ahead of trends and needs. They listen to their customers and they respond in a timely manner. The software is easy to use even across multiple EINS.

Cons:

If I have to come up with something, I'd say, I'd like to see them to enhance the storage and organization capabilities of the library in Share and Perform more like a true intranet,.

Cecilia
Director of Human Resources in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

An all-in-one HR/Payroll System

Comments: Great implementation, several hiccups once the batton was passed BUT the team i have now are great to work with. Hoping it continues.

Pros:

We use iSolved for our entire Employee cycile from the ATS through COBRA (with their benefits module). The system has everything you need so we only use one system. Their ATS is one of the best i've used.

Cons:

Customer Support is hit or miss. I finally have a Customer Success Manager and dedicated Customer Service Rep who are very helpful but this was after several issues legitamet issues that needed to be escalated. My only ongoing issue is that depending on what features you have (we have pretty much all) be prepared to take heavy notes on who you talked too. There are soo many people and sometimes it's hard to keep up with who is working on what, and who i need to reach out for for a specific change.

Brandy
Office Manager in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

First time experience

Comments: It was a rough start as we are brand new to ISolved. I think that the transition could've been done a bit better and eased new clients into it rather than abruptly. I think the customer service side needs more work, as well as the follow-up time.

Pros:

I like that the platforms are easier to navigate through. I like that you have several options as far as time and payroll go.

Cons:

I do not like the interface for the mobile view. I think updates should be done more frequently or covering more of the major issues as we are in a society of mobile devices and needing easy access to change/update information.

CAROLYN
Sr. HR Manager in US
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

Why I like Isolved

Comments: It has been very good. I especially like the customer service.

Pros:

It is a very user friendly platform. It does not take much training to understand the product.

Cons:

The reporting module is very difficult. The language does not translate well to the basic user

Morgan
HR Coordinator in US
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Getting better all the time!

Comments: iSolved is a great system and I love that there are new updates all the time!

Pros:

Easy to use for both admin and end user.

Cons:

I wish there was a favorites menu for reports

Tanya
HR Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

iSolved Review

Comments: My overall experience with iSolved has but nothing but extremem satisfaction. Their customer service is very knowledgable!

Pros:

I absolutely Love iSolved's ease of use, integration with our HRIS systems and time efficiencies,

Cons:

I do not have anything negative to say about iSolved. They are amazing!

Sofia
Accounting Manager in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

It does what it should do

Comments: It can make payroll a simple process, but at the same time, it can make payroll reporting a confusing process too.

Pros:

The product is easy to use once you get the hang of it. It is a little redundant sometimes but it's accuracy has been tested too many times, and it always delivers. I like how easy it is to input payroll, and process reports. It is very quick.

Cons:

I feel that someone could have a little hard time getting the hang of it when first implemented. All in all it is a very accurate program, it has potential, it's report writer is very powerful, but requires extensive computers knowledge to navigate through the multiple layers of a report.

Tiffany
Hospital Administrator in US
Veterinary Software, 11–50 Employees

Best Payroll Experience I have had yet!

Comments: Overall, we are very satisfied with the software and the customer service that we have received from the software.

Pros:

They have a quick button that allows you to click and easily click and easily add a new hire. Different tabs allow the administrator to know if they are working on an employee, working on the business, working on the setup. The software is robust enough to create and manage all of your employee benefits.

Cons:

Learning how to navigate the payroll system took more time than I had experienced with past payroll companies. I had to create my own cheat sheet that was simple, that would have been nice for them to provide for new users.

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Exceptional Customer Service

Comments: When I was first learning iSolved, I had my doubts. But a lot of that was just the combination of systems we were using. Once we implemented Unanet and I worked with iSolved to connect the two systems and worked with [sensitive content hidden] to get a few little things sorted out for payroll reporting, it become a much better system. I think it takes finding the right combo of HRM and accounting software and taking time to speak to your representative to get iSolved working for you at it's best.

Pros:

I love my customer service team! [sensitive content hidden] is always there to help out and either knows how to fix my problem or knows who to connect me with to get it remedied. The system itself is also overall easy to use and learn. Payroll and PTO management are super easy with iSolved. We use Unanet for timekeeping and are able to import our timesheet information directly into iSolved to process payroll! iSolved creates all the reports I need for financial records and also produces the payroll Journal Entry for Unanet for me! Lots a little features in iSolved that really help me save time!

Cons:

I'm a little disappointed about the Reporting feature and the Report Writer. It does well enough, but I with the writer were a little more intuitive. I also with the Reports had a better description of what they have in them.

Deb
Finance Offier in US
Libraries, 51–200 Employees

Buyer beware

Comments: We purchased the TimeForce II solution to handle time and labor tracking. After a few years, we looked into adding payroll and HR services. However, the price for those services was way more expensive than other vendors. When we chose an alternative vendor, we found that we would need to continue paying for the service for a year, even though they were no longer providing the service, and there was no way to export our data to the new system. We had to manually enter all the data by hand from poorly designed reports and screen shots for some things that had no reports.

Pros:

It was an improvement over manual time-keeping and served as a decent entry-level option

Cons:

Set up is not intuitive. When you add a new employee they may or may not actually be attached to their supervisor. Reporting features are limited. There are some things that you just can't get from the system, like pending leave requests. There is NO OPTION to export your data if you terminate the product. The fees increase without notice every year. You cannot terminate the product before the end of your annual license agreement.

Cheryl
Payroll Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Self serve

Pros:

The ease of use. The new look with each update.

Cons:

The numerous issues with self serve and not being able to assist the employees much when they can’t log in.

6 months ago

Thank you for your feedback as we strive to exceed our customer expectations and continuously add new features and functionality to enhance the value our customers get from using isolved. We are sorry to hear you are having challenges with self service. We would love to have the opportunity to work with you. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Mary
HR and Finance Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great Hands On Product

Pros:

I like the features that iSolved provides. It's a true HCM where I can house everything directly in one system

Cons:

Getting to the right person to answer my question is always a challenge. Because the system is so robust, their CSRs can't handle the more advanced questions and getting me to someone who can takes weeks/months to resolve my initial issue.

4 months ago

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that your experience with isolved has allowed you to house everything in one system. We apologize for the difficulties you've encountered with our support. We understand the frustration of not being able to speak directly to someone. We take your concerns seriously and will address them with our team to ensure better customer support moving forward. We appreciate your loyalty and value your feedback as it helps us improve our services. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me, Mackenzie Cotton, at [email protected]

Patrick
Owner in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Not for small business

Comments: They Lock you in a contract beware. If you need HR this is for you. As a start up this was way to expensive and was sold on all it could do. They spend tons of time setting you up so prepare on lots of onboarding. My major gripe is setting me up without a California tax ID. I sent my Fed ID thinking that was it not being a payroll -professional. They open my account did my payroll and accrued my taxes. Months later refunded my state tax saying there was a problem. After back and forth it was the tax ID and I was hit for 5k plus in penalty’s by the state. Their contract covers them so suck it up. After many emails and months I did get 1700. I had HR and didn’t need it as well didn’t find a benefit at all. I was charged a cancellation fee over 1K and forced to renew contract to extend it. If your a small business don’t make the mistake of this company.

Pros:

None better payroll and more small business friendly

Cons:

Expensive not your best choice as a start up or restaurant

last year

We apologize for what looks like miscommunication with you. Our tax manager would like to speak with you to discuss your items and your experience. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] so we can connect you with them!

Dawn
HR Generalist/Recruiting in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501–1,000 Employees

Overall Great

Pros:

iSolved is easy on the eyes, easy for employees to clock in/out, and navigate in the employee self service area. On the back end for employers, there are a lot of options for administrators to run reports.

Cons:

The benefits enrollment portal is not easy to use for employees. It does not allow an employee to look at the benefit options side by side. It would be nice if it would be able to suggest what plan an employee should enroll in.

11 months ago

Hello Dawn! Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of isolved. We are happy to hear that our platform is easy for your employees to navigate & you are happy with the many options for administrations to run reports. In terms of the benefits enrollment portal not being easy to use, I have sent this feedback to our support team so we can continue to improve our platform and services. We appreciate your business.