Canada Local product

Humi Reviews

4.3 (81) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Humi

Humi is Canada's leading HR, benefits, and payroll solution that streamlines your people operation tasks and is easy to use.

Learn more about Humi

Pros:

Their pricing model makes it super easy to trial the application and to drive value from it before Humi tries to charge you for the results.

Cons:

Software is difficult (if not impossible) to customize.

Humi ratings

4.3
4.4
3.9
4.4

8.1/10

Humi has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 81 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Humi before?

Ashley
Ashley
Chief Operating Officer in Canada

Excellent HRIS for Canadian SMEs

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We switched to Humi from a lesser Canadian provider and every day since I have kicked myself for not doing it sooner. The system is so simple and intuitive to use, the customer support is top notch and it makes us look professional. We never have anything to worry about with Humi!

Pros:

The payroll is so simple to use, the time and vacation tracker has saved us a ton of time and the offer letter/onboarding process is seamless. There isn't an aspect of Humi that we don't like!

Cons:

Nothing! We have been very impressed with everything from the implementation to the day to day.

Alternatives Considered: Dayforce HCM, ADP Workforce Now and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Humi: Rise was a nightmare. Their service and support did not exist - like I am talking MONTHS to get back to us on important things like tax issues. The software make mistakes and was unreliable.

Switched From: Rise

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Canadian provider. Better features for Canadians and better pricing.

Kaala
Human Resources Manager in Canada
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees

Great product for an affordable price

5.0 last month New

Comments: The overall experience has been great. I brought Humi into a former company and the one I am currently with.

Pros:

Humi is incredibly easy for employees to use. We use it for recruiting, hiring/onboarding, employee performance reviews, payroll, and offboarding. As the main administrator, I find Humi extremely straightforward and able to get all the information I need.

Cons:

The performance section is overall good but, compared to other survey software such as Survey Monkey, it is not as advanced. The goal setting can be a bit confusing.

Alternatives Considered: BambooHR and Collage HR

Reasons for Choosing Humi: We consolidated our companies and Humi is a more user-friendly program than QuickBooks. It is less time-consuming and more efficient.

Switched From: QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Past experience working with Humi

Emma
Mining & Metals, 11-50 Employees

It's getting there, good but room for improvement

3.0 last month New

Comments: Íts a great little platform, the staff are very approachable and hard working, but you do always have to keep one eye on it re: bugs or employee updates.

Pros:

Ease of use for staff, clean simple layout

Cons:

There are just very small but essential developments needed within many of the features. It takes a long time to see them updated/implemented sometimes. For instance, work schedules - the current feature really doesnt work for employees with rotating schedules'. Synchronization is also desperately needed for your MS Teams status when you have leave approved.

Alternatives Considered: BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Cannot recall now, years ago.

RoseMarie
HR counselor in Canada
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

Very useful, but still needs love with the translation

4.0 last month New

Comments: We likle humi - we still have a few complaints from the supervisors regarding the english and the performance that are long (every question needs an answer)

Pros:

Easy to understand and to use I love the fact that I can connect as someone else to show them where to go

Cons:

The translation from english to french The fact that the supervisors can't accept / deny vacations on the email The fact that the employee can't search in the documents (only the admin")

Alternatives Considered: Folks HR

Reasons for Choosing Humi: Because Bamboo had a limit of 50 employees (well, our contract) and we were expending.

Switched From: BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Because we needed the 2 steps vacation approval and they didn't offer it.

Joshua
CTO in Canada
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

Great HRIS system, especially for Canadian companies

5.0 last month New

Comments: The software has been working extremely well for us and the Humi onboarding and support staff have been very good. The value is exceptional.

Pros:

Being Canadian based, Humi accommodated all of our needs as a Canadian company. It was especially great that the time-off system accommodates multiple workweek schedules to easily handle 4-day and 5-day workweeks that we use.

Cons:

The biggest deficiency is the lack of a mobile app to interface the software. The web site is also not particularly good on mobile browsers so the most important functionality: time-off requests and approvals, need to be done on a computer. These are table stakes for a modern HRIS these days.

Alternatives Considered: Rise, bob, BambooHR, Quickbooks Online and actiTIME

Reasons for Choosing Humi: BambooHR did not support multiple work schedules which we require for employees on both 4-day and 5-day workweeks. Their support and product staff had no public facing plans to support the feature.

Switched From: BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Support for our required features and cost.

Jennifer
People & Culture Manager in Canada
Design, 51-200 Employees

Good for smaller company but don't expect high level functionality

4.0 last month New

Comments: Setup was a breeze and it was great to go from no system to having a system but now that we are fully involved in using the system I am finding a lot of limitations. Serve has been great when there has been an user but I don't find that HUMI itself seems to be focused on improving areas that will have the most impact to their clients.

Pros:

HUMI is very user friendly. Good for a smaller company that wants basic functionality to manage Human Resource tasks. Recruitment model is very straight forward and easy to manage. The Payroll team is fantastic, efficient and timely.

Cons:

Functionality of some of the elements is very basic. The performance management module is almost useless. It was not setup with a performance management cycle in mind. Options for employee status need to be added to make the set up more functional. Training module setup isn't very practical either.

Alternatives Considered: ADP Workforce Now, BambooHR and Sage HR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: We picked HUMI for a couple of reasons, one being that it was Canadian, Payroll was integrated, the quick implementation time and that it was a system that was overly complicated.

James
Manager, People & Culture in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Humi Review

4.0 last month New

Comments: Very positive.

Pros:

I like the ease of use, and the straight-forward navigation. I also appreciate how cost-effective it is for smaller businesses.

Cons:

There are a few limitations regarding vacation accrual and how that ties into payroll, as well as building-out a robust performance management cycle that mirrors our own.

Reasons for Choosing Humi: Useability - cost effectiveness - Canadian Company

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Humi: The reason's above - also, because Humi had an embedded payroll system.

Tina
Business Operations Coordinator in Canada
Research, 2-10 Employees

Happy with Humi

4.0 last month New

Comments: Implementation was a breeze, It is allot easier to use and pull reports then my last software was. My experience has overall been good.

Pros:

I like the platform and how easy it was to learn and use. I like the reporting it is robust and i can customize for my own needs. Onboarding and storing documents in Humi is extremely easy.

Cons:

They need better support for a paid service i would expect a chat or call center during regular business hours. This is payroll and its very time sensitive so if an issue arises support isn't always there to help.

Alternatives Considered: Payment Evolution and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Humi: Rise was a free service so the service was not great. Support didn't exist no help with implementation the platform is horrible taxes aren't calculated properly T4's had constant issues.

Switched From: Rise

Reasons for Switching to Humi: The platform was easy to understand and the price

HR Specialist in Canada
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Great Canadian Company

4.0 last month New

Comments: I think Humi is great and I would recommend it to any Canadian HR professional

Pros:

Time off, document management and onboarding keeps everything in one place allows more time for HR to focus on other tasks and less time on administration

Cons:

I find there are some navigation issues sometimes. ie. time off taking you back to the main page when you just want to be in an employee's profile. Surveys also are not the best with the new data as you cannot see separate surveys anymore

Alternatives Considered: ADP Workforce Now and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Canadian based company and the customer service is top notch compared to others

Tj
Tj
Vice President, Sales in Canada

Will never go back to Excel HRIS

5.0 last month New

Comments: Support is great and responsive. They try hard to meet feature requests.

Pros:

Basic features to onboard and manage the employee journey backed by a clean and simple interface.

Cons:

Data access and reporting need work. I have to do a lot of engineering to manage the business.

Alternatives Considered: BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Good sales experience and an attractive price point.

Susan
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Humi is a game changer

Comments: very good

Pros:

The first thing you notice when you get onto Humi is how clean the design is. Wow Wow Wow. Usually my employees have trouble navigating softwares, but with Humi, my employees have become very independent. They just launched the Humi Go App which allows them to request Time-Off, and see their balances on their phone. No more email exchanges or paper forms for this gal! It was hard to find a Canadian company that did everything I needed until I found Humi. Whether it was just storing employee data, running payroll, or even administering benefits, they handled it all. Its nice to have one point of source for all your internal employee needs. There is so much in the system its hard to get into everything but some of the best features are; the document center (where you can upload, edit and send out documents for signature, customized to each employee), onboarding (digitally on-board new hires to the company where they can sign contracts, fill out personal details, and access their own employee platform), and time-off (easily set up leave types and track leave for all employees). Their integrated Payroll is the icing on the cake. It really reduced the errors we had from transferring our changes to our old clunky payroll system (ADP). The buying process was very quick and simple. We had a couple demos to showcase the platform and then we had the pricing conversation. Price is per employee and on a month to month basis and they didn't charge us for implementation which was superb.

Cons:

There were a couple things they do not have that would be helpful. We currently have a couple hourly employees, and they don't have a clock in/clock out system. However we use the additional fields section to track these.

Tammy
Senior Human Resources Manager in Canada
Publishing, 51-200 Employees

Fantastic, user friendly HRIS

5.0 last month New

Comments: Love it! I like that its very user friendly, and intuitive for employees to use.

Pros:

Employee Data Base - keeping employees documents all in one place Requesting PTO - Its easy for employees to request time off, and its easy for managers to approve, I also like that employees can see how much time off they have accrued Recruiting Feature - the ability to post job ads on indeed via humi, and keeping track of applicants Reporting Feature - i like that i can pull reports from humi , like employees salaries, start date etc.There is a lot that I like about humi, but it's too long to type it out.

Cons:

Interview Section in Recruiting - the interview portion to create interviews is very basicBenefits - the benefit section is great, but it would be awesome if humi could partner with benefit companies like Sunlife (its who we use) so that i can add employees to our benefit plan through humi, rather than adding them to the plan in the sunlife portal Training - the training feature is very limited and basic, it would be awesome if humi implemented more tools, think of interactive training like Gamification Learning ( i know that this would require a lot of money and resources to implement, but its something to think about). Ideally, humi would also have the option to create Modules for training, and then a quiz an employee can complete after they have finished that said training.

Hugh
CEO in Canada
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Humi - couldn’t do HR without it!

Pros:

My experience with Humi so far has been seamless and enjoyable. We’re a 20 person software startup in the process of doubling our headcount over the next 8 months, so we were looking for something easy to use, but with enough features to support us while we scale. It was important to us that our new employees be impressed with the onboarding flow, since this is their first impression of our company, and this was one of the things that impressed me about Humi the most. The experience for new employees onboarding to the Humi system (and our company) is very sleek. Overall the sales process was quick and easy - some other companies weren’t as efficient and didn’t get straight to the point. And the process of learning the software was easy - I was reassured that I would have a dedicated onboarding specialist, and they did reach out, but I opted to teach myself how to use the system instead. I was able to figure out basically everything on my own, and just had a few final questions for their team before launching the software internally. So far, the response of our existing team has been great. They’ve all started using it to request time off already, and we’re going to start to dabble with the performance and recruiting module very soon. I’ve likely only set up and configured 50% of the full depth of features that are in this product. Excited to explore more.

Cons:

I did find one UX issue while creating an approval flow for a time off policy, but that’s to be expected in such a big product. From what I can tell there are hundreds of features. I’ll update my review should I encounter anything else. I also wish the Slack integration had more functionality.

michelle
Managing Partner in Canada
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Exceptional Canadian HRIS Software that works for the world

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great- this has been a large time saver - we have gone from having more than two staff members full time handling HR to one person with a office support staff worker. this has reduced our overall overhead.

Pros:

the ease of user use. the ability to make our own templates. the ability to link multiple companies under an umbrella. end-user use is easy to use and very intuitive

Cons:

when we are working towards goals on beta modes- we want to be more involved. love the changes they have made so far!

Alternatives Considered: Dayforce HCM, ADP Workforce Now and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: the level of customer service from the start of the vetting process thru the purchasing,

Billie
Controller in Canada
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees

Payroll

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall great experience so far. Hoping that above mentioned features can be introduced at some point soon.

Pros:

User friendly and having the HR solution is very helpful

Cons:

Humi Payroll is missing the year-end filings with the government (generating and submitting T4s to CRA still needs to be done manually). Also, paying contractors (independent contractors with no source deductions) is currently not available in Humi. Also, no mobile app at the moment. this would be helpful for employees.

Alternatives Considered: Rise, Dayforce HCM and Wagepoint

Reasons for Choosing Humi: For additional features (HR) and customer services.

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Humi seemed to have the most features we were looking for and platform seemed very user friendly. Also, reporting seemed better.

Hardip
HR Manager in Canada

What I love and wish for from Humi

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall experience has been positive. Would love to see new implementations

Pros:

Love the vacation tracking and calculations. This saves me time on when employee reach out to ask how much vacation they used or have remaining. Being able to share documents and make company announcements.

Cons:

Not a fan that payroll run cannot be scheduled. When employee is on vacation the payroll does not automatically calculate the vacation pay.

Kristina
Operations Manager in Canada
Insurance Software, 51-200 Employees

A Huge TimeSaver!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: They have been a great team to work with, and their helpfulness and responsiveness have been amazing. There have been issues in the past that were critical as we had missed a very important deadline, and they helped us resolve it immediately.

Pros:

We have been with HUMI since their early days, and they have saved us tons of time with the many features that they've added. What started off as a goal to fix our Payroll and Vacation documentation, has grown to help manage all the onboarding/offboarding, training management, document management and many other features.

Cons:

We still have some things to work out with the documentation formatting,

Tina
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Humi Feedback

4.0 last month New

Comments: Onboarding was fairly easy. We find ensuring tasks are marked off of as complete can be a bit tedious.

Pros:

We love the visual of the days off this is great for quick reference and also for reviewing attendance issues with employees.

Cons:

We find the review templates a bit convoluted and confusing and because we don't do payroll through the program have to make manual adjustments to days off and wages. Reporting isn't as easy as we had hoped in the quick tutorial/sales pitch we had.

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Price and potential in reporting

Benjamin
VP of Operations and Technology in Canada

Excellent HR Suite

4.0 last month New

Pros:

We moved over to Humi to help track our banked time, vacation time and wellness days, as well have a single source for paystubs. Humi has been easy to use for these tasks, and since then we have also used other tools such as performance add-ons. It's easy to use, and great for the employees to track what they need.

Cons:

It lacks a bit on the cybersecurity side. It has important data (like SIN numbers), and need to provide more security for this data. It could always be cheaper.

Alternatives Considered: BambooHR and Workday HCM

Charity
HR/Payroll in Canada
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

Humi making HR management a breeze

4.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience with Humi has been amazing from day 1. From the initial demo, to getting everything set up to implementation I had my rep available all the time to hold my hand along the way. Change can be so difficult to implement smoothly in an organization and Humi and their talented staff made this the easiest change we have gone through.

Pros:

Time off feature as well as the document workflows. Also the access that have been given to each employee on their own information. They have the ability to check their own accrual balances, upload documents and update personal information.

Cons:

I would love if the documents feature had more capabilities. Examples would be the ability to add additional documents to an existing one (document collection) or the ability to revise an offer by revising the actual document instead of the terms in humi alone.

Laine
Lab Manager in Canada
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees

Great software!

5.0 last month New

Comments: My experience with Humi has been really good overall. Implementation was pretty straightforward and has helped keep us organized.

Pros:

Humi has helped us streamline our onboarding process and keeps all of our HR documents in one, easily accessible place.

Cons:

Sometimes the admin aspects can be difficult to configure. For example, setting up or editing a time off policy can sometimes be confusing.

Michelle
Operations Director in Canada

Attentive Customer Support and Easy to Use

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great decision to make the switch to Humi!

Pros:

I like great customer support and Humi checks the box! Anytime I have had a question or needed assistance I have had prompt responses that were helpful and always kind.

Cons:

My least favourite part is that I didn't know to have off-boarding employees change their email address in order to get T4s as once they are terminated they have zero access to paystubs and ROE. I've run into that issue a few times. It would be great if terminated employees could still log on to view their payroll for 12 months or for 30 days after T4s are submitted the following year.

Reka
Jr. HR Specialist in Canada

Very User Friendly!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very smooth, customer service is friendly, be sure to use the message feature in Humi though, do not call their phone number. Overall very satisfied with the platform.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to maneuver, as an admin or employee. The onboarding features are very useful and practical, employee overviews are very clear.

Cons:

Some bugs regarding calculating/prorating time off. Cannot export performance reviews into an external document.

Alternatives Considered: Collage HR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: User friendly for beginners, recommended by a friend.

Amanda
Marketing Consultant in Canada

A+ for ease of use for small team payroll

5.0 last month New

Comments: We've been using Humi for over three years now and the one-click payroll processing has eliminated at least an hour of my time every payroll cycle.

Pros:

The automatic calculations of source deductions and remittances to the CRA on your behalf.

Cons:

I honestly don't have any things that come to mind. Anytime I had additional questions, the Humi team is very responsive and would help me find a solution.

Alternatives Considered: ADP HR Assist

Reasons for Switching to Humi: The other company didn't return my calls and Humi was responsive and locally based.

Shae
Senior Talent Manager in Canada
Design, 51-200 Employees

New to Humi

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall it's been great. The team is there to help when I need it and has been very helpful, and we've seen good results using the tool thus far.

Pros:

I liked that so much of it was customizable and it was initiative to use, for both Admins and Staff

Cons:

I feel like there are little things that are missing in all areas - having photos and city/location displayed when a new joiner starts, making more dynamic options for performance reviews, etc.