15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

About Humi

Pay your employees on time, every time with a payroll software built by Canadians, designed for Canadian SMBs.

Learn more about Humi

Pros:

User friendly and having the HR solution is very helpful.

Cons:

Software is difficult (if not impossible) to customize.

Humi ratings

4.4
4.4
4.0
4.5

8.2/10

Humi has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 107 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Humi before?

Tj
Tj
Vice President, Sales in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Will never go back to Excel HRIS

Comments: Support is great and responsive. They try hard to meet feature requests.

Pros:

Basic features to onboard and manage the employee journey backed by a clean and simple interface.

Cons:

Data access and reporting need work. I have to do a lot of engineering to manage the business.

Alternatives Considered: BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Good sales experience and an attractive price point.

RoseMarie
HR counselor in Canada
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Very useful, but still needs love with the translation

Comments: We likle humi - we still have a few complaints from the supervisors regarding the english and the performance that are long (every question needs an answer)

Pros:

Easy to understand and to use I love the fact that I can connect as someone else to show them where to go

Cons:

The translation from english to french The fact that the supervisors can't accept / deny vacations on the email The fact that the employee can't search in the documents (only the admin")

Alternatives Considered: Folks HR

Reasons for Choosing Humi: Because Bamboo had a limit of 50 employees (well, our contract) and we were expending.

Switched From: BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Because we needed the 2 steps vacation approval and they didn't offer it.

Patricia
CEO in Canada
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Buyer Beware

Comments: The service has gone down dramatically over the past 6 months. Maybe there's been a change in management - don't know. I'm concerned.

Pros:

Regular payroll function is easy to use.

Cons:

Not enough functionality - for instance there's no document or notes feature to track commissions. Customer Service is TERRIBLE. I've been going back for over a month to get ROE for terminated employees and 1 agent tells me the ROE's are available to download, after a lengthy process of trying to get someone from Humi to explain to me what the process is, and then a day later another agent emails me that they are not done at all, and the paperwork has to be redone.

2 months ago

Hi Patricia, Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns, and we apologize for the frustrations you’ve encountered. Please know that your feedback is incredibly valuable to us, and we appreciate your feedback regarding tracking commissions and the ROE process. These have all been shared with our Product and Customer Support teams. We hear you regarding the process for ROE generation. The team has connected on this, and now that the main authorization process is completed, future ROE requests should be a smoother experience. Thank you again for your review. Detailed feedback like yours helps us improve our product and services. -The Humi Team

blake
Executive Director in Canada
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51–200 Employees

Humi is Easy to use!

Comments: Humi has been great, saved us a ton of time, is easy to use and affordable.

Pros:

Humi is easy to setup, implement and use on a day to day basis.

Cons:

Still not the perfect fit for a seasonal business but we haven't found a similar software that is or we'd be using it. To my knowledge humi is a close as it comes.

4 months ago

Thanks for your review, Blake! We appreciate your feedback regarding platform fit for your seasonal business, and so glad to hear that you find Humi easy to set up and use. We look forward to continuing to work with you! -The Humi Team

Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Great Canadian Company

Comments: I think Humi is great and I would recommend it to any Canadian HR professional

Pros:

Time off, document management and onboarding keeps everything in one place allows more time for HR to focus on other tasks and less time on administration

Cons:

I find there are some navigation issues sometimes. ie. time off taking you back to the main page when you just want to be in an employee's profile. Surveys also are not the best with the new data as you cannot see separate surveys anymore

Alternatives Considered: ADP Workforce Now and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Humi: Canadian based company and the customer service is top notch compared to others

Jeff
Operations Manager in Canada
Construction, 11–50 Employees

What a breath of fresh air!

Pros:

Far more to offer than our previous payroll service and only a fraction more. Great value for money!

Cons:

No phone support. All online or email. Would be better if phone support was available.

4 months ago

Thank you for your positive feedback, Jeff! We're happy to hear that you find Humi to be a great value for money and that it offers more than your previous payroll service. We appreciate your feedback regarding our support channels and look forward to continuing to help you with your business needs.

Tracy
Executive Assistant in Canada
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Experiences with switching to Humi

Comments: very good - the platform is easy to use, generally always operational and they have improved their app since we first became customer improving our staffs overall experience

Pros:

Ease of Use, responsiveness, support, many available functions within platform

Cons:

documents are a bit cumbersome would prefer T$ generation to be rolled into the payroll package rather than an add on

Alexandria
People and Culture Manager in Canada
Construction, 11–50 Employees

We Love Humi

Comments: Overall experience has been a very positive and great partnership. This is or first HRIS and so far the implementation has been smooth.

Pros:

Humi is very user friendly for users and admin. The implementation and customer success team are fantastic to work with and very responsive.

Cons:

Sometimes needed a little more time after initial trainings to fully understand some things.

Alternatives Considered: BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: User interface and ease of use, as well as cost.

4 months ago

Thanks so much for your positive review, Alexandria! We look forward to continuing to support you and your business. -The Humi Team

Heather
Heather
Executive Director in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Excellent one-stop shop for payroll and HR

Comments: Exceptional - easy to get onboarded, easy to use, easy reporting.

Pros:

Humi makes payroll and admin easy for me as the leader of a small shop. It is impossible to screw it up, which I appreciate.

Cons:

I haven't had any issues with Humi - I recommend it 100%.

Alternatives Considered: Dayforce Powerpay

Reasons for Switching to Humi: It wasn't the cheapest but it was the most user-friendly.

4 months ago

Thanks for your review, Heather! We're so happy to hear that we've helped make payroll and admin easy for you. Looking forward to continuing to support you and your business!

Mina
COO in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great HR system, highly recommend

Pros:

Humi is super easy to use, and allows to handle all of our employees HR related issues in one place.

Cons:

Maybe too many features that are not easy to use.

Reka
Jr. HR Specialist in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Very User Friendly!

Comments: Very smooth, customer service is friendly, be sure to use the message feature in Humi though, do not call their phone number. Overall very satisfied with the platform.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to maneuver, as an admin or employee. The onboarding features are very useful and practical, employee overviews are very clear.

Cons:

Some bugs regarding calculating/prorating time off. Cannot export performance reviews into an external document.

Alternatives Considered: Collage HR

Reasons for Switching to Humi: User friendly for beginners, recommended by a friend.

Susan
Office Manager in Canada
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Humi is a game changer

Comments: very good

Pros:

The first thing you notice when you get onto Humi is how clean the design is. Wow Wow Wow. Usually my employees have trouble navigating softwares, but with Humi, my employees have become very independent. They just launched the Humi Go App which allows them to request Time-Off, and see their balances on their phone. No more email exchanges or paper forms for this gal! It was hard to find a Canadian company that did everything I needed until I found Humi. Whether it was just storing employee data, running payroll, or even administering benefits, they handled it all. Its nice to have one point of source for all your internal employee needs. There is so much in the system its hard to get into everything but some of the best features are; the document center (where you can upload, edit and send out documents for signature, customized to each employee), onboarding (digitally on-board new hires to the company where they can sign contracts, fill out personal details, and access their own employee platform), and time-off (easily set up leave types and track leave for all employees). Their integrated Payroll is the icing on the cake. It really reduced the errors we had from transferring our changes to our old clunky payroll system (ADP). The buying process was very quick and simple. We had a couple demos to showcase the platform and then we had the pricing conversation. Price is per employee and on a month to month basis and they didn't charge us for implementation which was superb.

Cons:

There were a couple things they do not have that would be helpful. We currently have a couple hourly employees, and they don't have a clock in/clock out system. However we use the additional fields section to track these.

Kristina
Operations Manager in Canada
Insurance Software, 51–200 Employees

A Huge TimeSaver!

Comments: They have been a great team to work with, and their helpfulness and responsiveness have been amazing. There have been issues in the past that were critical as we had missed a very important deadline, and they helped us resolve it immediately.

Pros:

We have been with HUMI since their early days, and they have saved us tons of time with the many features that they've added. What started off as a goal to fix our Payroll and Vacation documentation, has grown to help manage all the onboarding/offboarding, training management, document management and many other features.

Cons:

We still have some things to work out with the documentation formatting,

Charity
HR/Payroll in Canada
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

Humi making HR management a breeze

Comments: My overall experience with Humi has been amazing from day 1. From the initial demo, to getting everything set up to implementation I had my rep available all the time to hold my hand along the way. Change can be so difficult to implement smoothly in an organization and Humi and their talented staff made this the easiest change we have gone through.

Pros:

Time off feature as well as the document workflows. Also the access that have been given to each employee on their own information. They have the ability to check their own accrual balances, upload documents and update personal information.

Cons:

I would love if the documents feature had more capabilities. Examples would be the ability to add additional documents to an existing one (document collection) or the ability to revise an offer by revising the actual document instead of the terms in humi alone.

Mia
HR Manager in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Humi review

Comments: We are slowly moving things over - but are nervous due to the glitchiness of the the system. It does not feel very secure. and it is very hard to know what access to give people - eg. time off reporting can't be accessed because it contains pay information.

Pros:

The product is customizable and the price point is good.

Cons:

Certain modules are clunky or rudimentary which renders them useless and you are better off looking elsewhere for solutions - looking at you "surveys" and "performance".Don't like the offer/on-boarding functionality - limited in how you present the offer and not able to send two attachments (offer letter and agreement). It is VERY glitchy and weird things - especially with roles and permissions - seem to happen all the time and the support team can't say what happened and why. It is a huge issue with regards to access to private information and documents.

Lucas
HR Coordinator in Canada
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

HUMI review

Comments: Working with HUMI for the past couple of years from the rollout to the upkeep has had some challenges but the HUMI team is always quick to offer a helping hand. As the system continues to iron out its functions and build them out further it can only push to help the overall experience.

Pros:

I appreciate the ability to onboard employees with ease and keep up to date employee profiles. I appreciate how easy it is to upload and assign documents as in a financial institution there is a lot of annual documents. The task function is also amazing.

Cons:

There are some glitches with the time off function (i.e. we have a cap of 50 sick days for some staff and sometimes the accruals are off). The functionality in the performance evaluation and survey builder is not ideal currently.

Karen
Consultant in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Humi - good value for product

Comments: Positive experience after using the software for 1.5 years. Some early challenges in the first few months but after that very easy to use.

Pros:

Easy to use, employees like the interface.

Cons:

Some functionality on the payroll side is awkward and not easily adjustable without having to go through the Help Desk to do back end changes. The help desk is not easy to access all the time as you have to send an email and wait for them to respond. Humi does not directly submit T4's to CRA. Have to use ROE Web to access your ROE's.

Tannis
HR & Bookkeeping Manager in Canada
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Canadian software

Comments: We are not yet using Humi to its full potential. I'm not 100% confident with recruitment, and we haven't used it for perfomance management yet.

Pros:

I like the fact that this software is Canadian and I don't have to wade through US forms etc. The support team is thorough, patient, and usually gets back to me within 24 hours. It is relatively easy to use, and the person who trained me was definitely a necessary service.

Cons:

There are aspects of the software that are not intuitive, which sends me to support for help, but they are relatively quick to get back to me and explain the situation. I've sent several suggestions to improve use, but can't remember what they are at the moment.

Neil
Systems admin in France
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Carecru Manning Review

Comments: Overall my experience is good. Earlier on I was frustrated with little glitches here and there. But it’s been better lately.

Pros:

I like how we have all documents for employees in 1 place. It’s good for time off requests , good for offer letters , employee agreements , etc.

Cons:

I wish that there was a live chat for support. I’ve also ran into random bug / glitches which can be frustrating. In todays world support in real time is the standard , so having to submit forms can be a bit irritating. I think the format for the org chart can be way way better, the tree diagram when you have large numbers is pretty bad so I have to use excel to create a better one. I also wish I could export zip files of documents as an admin. Ie. I’d like to instantly export to zip file all employee documents.

Anna
Director in Canada
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

great HR tool

Pros:

it has made HR functions for a non HR manager so much easy.

Cons:

i would like a notification when an employee from the same teams gets approved days off

8 months ago

Hi Anna, Thanks for your review! It's great to hear that we've made HR functions easier for you, and appreciate the feedback regarding notifications. We look forward to continuing to support you and your team! - The Humi Team

Ulrike
Human Resources Manager N.A. in Canada
Oil & Energy, 51–200 Employees

HUMI Review

Comments: I use it on a daily basis to track attendance. It's a great time saver.

Pros:

It was very easy to integrate it with existing processes. It's also very easy to use for employees and managers.

Cons:

Features are easy to use and logical. The only thing I would improve is the algorithm behind the calculation of vacation days. Who would book 1.83 vacation days - rounding is highly recommended!

COO in Canada
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use and good value

Pros:

Very easy to use software, customer service is fairly responsive. Drastically cheaper than some other solutions on the market.

Cons:

Software is difficult (if not impossible) to customize. Also there is no way to integrate Humi payroll with my expense management and accounting software which would be nice.

Marc
HR in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Better then BambooHR

Comments: support and software is great

Pros:

time off management and a place to store our documentation

Cons:

-I thought it had more HR information for our users, we still had to get all our company documentation.-The phone app is missing half the options

Jennifer
People & Culture Administrator in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Humi Overall Review

Pros:

The ease of onboarding employees is probably the best part of the software.

Cons:

Sometimes its hard to navigate where to locate things, and when we reach out to support, there is usually a delay in response.

Stephen
HR Director in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Like picking up an iPhone - you just know how to use it

Pros:

Easy to use - requires very little training.

Cons:

I'd love to be able to click on hyperlinks when viewing an applicants resume