Retail Pro Reviews

by Retail Pro International

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About Retail Pro

Retail Pro is complete retail management solution for POS, inventory, customer and store ops management across channels and devices.

Learn more about Retail Pro

Daniel B.
  • Reviewed on 2014-03-26

"Retail Pro gives us a competitive edge!"

Pros: Our operation is very seasonal, and we gear up from 0 to 100 in a short amount of time. The accuracy the system delivers for inventory management gives us the confidence to make rapid decisions that impact our bottom line. We especially appreciate the level of support that we receive. That level of trust in the product and support is important for us since we have such a narrow window for our business.

Cons: No software is perfect. However, our experience with Retail Pro has been significantly better then our previous vendor. Our least favorite thing about the software is how it behaves with our unique discount structure. However, we have found ways to make it fit our operation.

• Reviewed on 2014-03-26
Abdullah E.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-30

"Love It and want more"

Comments: For once I can’t say I have complaints, they delivered on everything they promise, I only wish they had a Wholesale Pro in addition to their Retail Pro

Pros: It has nearly everything you would expect it to have for a retail store, whether it’s brick and mortar or an ecommerce, in terms of functionality and features.

Cons: I only wish they had a version for a wholesale store instead of retail but hence the name. Essentially the exact same thing but with features for quantity and bulk.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-30
Skyler C.
Co-Owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees

"Retail pro is decent"

Pros: Retail pro is a decent software for a consignment store. It is fairly simple to you and has a smooth layout.

Cons: My cons with the product is that there is more products out there like it with newer layouts and easier to use.

Jacob P.
Health, Wellness & Fitness
  • Reviewed on 2014-03-20

"Enterprise power for small businesses"

Pros: The software is packed with features that I have yet to find in other software on the market, including multiple ways of handling employee compensation (eg.-SPIFs, different commissions for different employees), fully customized screen layouts, and most importantly the ability to do quick mass edits using the CTRL+F2 function on the inventory grid.

Cons: Sometimes the software can slow down when too many users are logged in at once.

• Reviewed on 2014-03-20
Stephen F.
  • Reviewed on 2014-06-13

"Business Owner"

Pros: The response time from service department is very good. It covers all categories for us. Layaway, special orders, time in/out, etc.

Cons: They charge per seat. If you use a main server to control the points of sale, the server is considered a seat. I know it is hard to have a billing structure for different types of companies, but small independents have a tough time.

• Reviewed on 2014-06-13
Samantha S.
  • Reviewed on 2014-03-25

"Best point of sale system"

Pros: Retail Pro is an amazing system. The reports are so easy to understand and use. I get all the information I am looking for with simple reports. The service is above and beyond amazing; the techs are always there to help and answer any questions. They are really a great great company.

Cons: The only negative I have is that in the entry process, you must go to a different screen to add a picture to a matrix.

• Reviewed on 2014-03-25
Lawrence A.
Business Center Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-29

"Hassle Free"

Pros: I like how i can customize almost anything on my business through Retail Pro, they give me options to improve my business even more.

Cons: There are no major issues on this software. It performs pretty well as far as i am using it. I highly recommend it!

• Reviewed on 2019-01-29
Loren M.
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2014-03-15

"I have been using Retail Pro since 1991"

Pros: Retail Pro continues to be updated with time. My vendor, BHD Information Systems, is proactive about their customers being happy with Retail Pro.

Cons: Some basic features could be easier to use (e.g.-Sales Orders/Gift Cards).

• Reviewed on 2014-03-15
Gail C.
  • Reviewed on 2014-06-20

"Retail Pro review"

Pros: We have recommended Retail Pro to a couple of businesses because we love this program. JD associates is a great vendor to work with; they are always there to help.

Cons: There isn't anything that I can say negative about Retail Pro or JD associates.

• Reviewed on 2014-06-20
Diana P.
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2014-09-11

"Cop-copine"

Pros: It's user friendly system with very helpful IT support.

Cons: I don't have any complaints. For the most part, it satisfies our essential needs.

• Reviewed on 2014-09-11
Jack O.
Sporting Goods
  • Reviewed on 2014-09-29

"Retail Pro 9 & JD Associates Leominster, MA"

Pros: Retail Pro is a easy to use. The vendor, JDA, is responsive when we have a question.

Cons: The software does not have a process module for manufacturing or changing the product for resale. There are no issues with the vendor.

• Reviewed on 2014-09-29
Robert S.
Retail Pro Administrator
Retail, 201-500 Employees

"Retail Pro 9"

Comments: I have been a Retail Pro Admin now for years. I know that if I ever have an issue pop up, I can call my RPro business partner at any time of the day, even 2 am, which I have done. I get the same high quality and knowledgeable support I need at the time.

Pros: It’s ability to provide a one-stop shop. It has everything a business needs to succeed as software goes. Along with it knowledgeable business partners is an excellent choice to support your retail business

Cons: New more knowledge based support. When I access my portal, the limited amount of user information is disappointing

Steve S.
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-17

"Retail Pro 9.4 is a very unfortunate product."

Comments: V9.4 is very very slow and without features or benefits to offset the moving from V8 to V9.4. If you love lack of features and watching a spinning wheel you will love Rpro 9.4

Pros: ECM polling replace the 32 bit polling in Rpro 8.6. In theory this allows close to real time updates to your main. unfortunately, seeing it failing for various reasons with no logs or error message to help navigate.Therefore, Never know if it works or not. The Retail Pro dealer has been helpful in trying to fix the numerous issues with Rpro.

Cons: Unbelievably slow. We have had replaced all hardware with SSD, tons of ram and fast processors. Views, filters, moving from Sales to Customer management system pauses each step of the way. Even direct connect to server does little to speed up process. Missing most basics elements. Can not view inventory by sold as this element is missing from filter. Likewise, Cannot view on order in inventory as this most basic feature is also missing from filters. We currently 95,000 active SKU very hard to manage as system is so slow. My Rpro dealer blames it on the Oracle data base.
Reporting in 9.4( why we have the system) is basically missing. We have to export all of the 9.4 data into our old 8.6 in order to run even the most basic reports. Therefore we are essentially running two systems. 9.4 heavy data base requires more management and is expensive and time consuming. If an emergency reinstall is needed it might take a while. Rpro 9.4 only allows one EFT interface. End user is stuck in a noncompetitive relationship with POS EFT which has it owns struggles. Have been with Retail Pro Since 1998. Been on V8 since 2004. V8 while not the most advanced product in the market place was a stable

• Reviewed on 2017-12-17
Mohamed R.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-14

"i'm working with retail pro since 2013, it was wonderful experience."

Comments: i got the knowledge that gave me the chance to implement and support our customer in the market, very important thing is that i learned how business operate with one of the biggest retail solution ever

Pros: very powerful inventory management solution, full of function and features. the second thing is the scalability and durability the solution can support large number of stores & POSs in one big database "oracle database".

Cons: it takes much time to recover database especially in the main server, 2nd thing when upgrade from old release to a new one with large number of stores and POSs.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-14
Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 2014-06-23

"J.D Associates and Retail Pro"

Pros: We have been using the software Retail Pro for about two months now at our single location, which is a Swimming Pool retail store. Since the day we first launched the software, we have had such an easy time conducting business with our vast customer base. Ringing in sales have never been easier, and we can now, for once, really track our sales by department and so much more. The software was very easy to learn and J.D. Associates was a big part of that! Their training process was not only well-performed, but our teacher made it fun as well! I'd recommend RetailPro and J.D. Associates to any entrepreneur or business manager!

Cons: I can't think of anything at all. There is nothing to date we dislike, and I can't see us ever changing our views.

• Reviewed on 2014-06-23
Amogh R.
Business Analyst
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-31

"Strong Customization but can still be improved"

Pros: * Very strong customization options.
* Its EMV compatible which is a big plus
* Its got strong Employee and customer management modules
* Strong reporting capabilities

Cons: * Not having ability to “edit” the preloaded report formats to suit our needs.
* There are few glitches here and there especially with a preloaded cards but customer service is usually quick to respond

• Reviewed on 2018-07-31
Natee M.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-08

"Don’t buy. My on hand inventory is wrong. It’s a bad decision that I bought this product."

Comments: It sucks. Don’t buy. We have been trying to use it for over a year but now we have to start everything over because the inventory is not correct. We have to do manual adjustments a few times. Our products are high value watches with serial numbers and we have only less than 10 transactions per day!!
We can’t imagine how this software can handle larger businesses with hundreds or thousands of transactions per day. Either the local solution provider (Adasoft) didn’t implement it correctly or the software really sucks!

Pros: Ease of use interface.
Multiple stores capability.

Cons: - It could not even calculate inventory correctly.
- Regional Support is extremely slow and local solution provider could not help much.
- We have been trying to use it for over a year, it has always been miscalculating the on-hand inventory and the actual inventory in the reports.
- Upload tool is very difficult and confusing to use and can cause duplicate records and mess up the product database.
- Slow.
- We have been using it over a year just to find out that either the product or the implementation is sub standard.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-08
Dawne T.
IT Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

"Retail Pro ver. 9.4"

Pros: After using Retail Pro ver. 8 for 13 years, version 9.4 does have some extra features that make getting needed information inside the program without running reports. You can customize screens and documents. The software is fairly intuitive. Conversion from version 8 to version 9 went smoothly without loss of data. The check in/out function of the software is improved in 9.4. Maintenance of data is much easier in this version and corrections can be done while users are using the software.

Cons: Retail Pro version 9.4 is VERY, VERY slow. The Purchase Order piece of the software has many bugs and the company is not responsive to fix them. The reports are inadequate and no customization is allowed without purchasing third party software. Even with third party software, the average user would not be able to sit down and customize a report, let alone create a new report. Basic information is unavailable in the reports delivered with the software.

Benjamin J.
web developer
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-16

"Unbelievably terrible"

Comments: Nothing. I loathe this software and I wish its developers absolutely nothing but the worst.

Pros: I guess it technically runs. Beyond the fact that it's easier than using a pen and paper to keep track of products, there is nothing I like about this software.

Cons: It is disorganized, inefficient, difficult to use, has memory leaks, no database support, closed-source and expensive to upgrade, bizarrely laid out, and just overall a pain to use on a day-to-day basis.

by Retail Pro International on 2017-06-29

Hello Benjamin. We¿re sad to hear you aren¿t getting to experience the best of Retail Pro. Are you on a very outdated version of Retail Pro software? Please contact us at [email protected] and let¿s see what we can do to get your problem resolved.

• Reviewed on 2017-06-16
Ismail I.
IT administrator
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-18

"Waste of money"

Pros: Very heavy software and it loading takes 2 minutes in clients machine , one more problem is may be shut down your computer without closing retailpro you should activate licence until it’s not open

Cons: In this software we can costomize any thing like i want also security permission setting is good.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-18
Trent C.
  • Reviewed on 2014-03-31

"Retail Pro v8.6 - great for serious small-to-medium specialty retailers"

Pros: Retail Pro is highly customizable, powerful, and scalable for small-to-medium businesses with one or more locations. Our support is through Big Hairy Dog, who provides great support with knowledgeable techs and sales staff.

Cons: It is not cheap. The licensing and maintenance fee model is cost prohibitive for smaller businesses looking for a simple way to ring sales and track inventory.

• Reviewed on 2014-03-31
Brian L.
Account Executive Team Lead
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-22

"straight-forward POS"

Pros: A cloud-base POS that helps all transactions, including an "offline" mode in case you do not have internet at that exact time of need. You can print or store your transactions so you are in control of your own accounting.

Cons: I'd like to see customer support a bit faster ( we are dealing with money after-all), and although the system is customizable, I think it lacks with information in some of the reporting.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-22
Catherine G.
Store Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Very easy to navigate"

Pros: Love this POS system, very easy to navigate, easy for the beginner when someone has never use a POS system before!

Cons: Definitely too much blue, need to update the colors and the look of it, seems a bit old school and hard to look at, Also ran a bit slower than other POS systems I've used