• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Collage

Online Canadian HR software with integrated payroll and benefits services. Collage is a complete HR solution for Canadian businesses.

Learn more about Collage

Lead Project Analyst
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-29

"Basic, but it does the job"

Comments: Track employee information in one spot! Helps to make onboarding, offboarding and vacation/time off requests easy.

Pros: Good system when it was offered for free. Makes onboarding/offboarding easy with customized email reminders to make the experience seamless. Allows a company to have important information in one spot. Also great for tracking vacation and time-off requests.

Cons: No longer offered for free. Great for small to medium sized companies, but I wouldn't recommend it for a larger company. There are comparable options out there.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-29
Aggie S.
Office Manager and Administrator
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-01

"Excellent for HR beginners and experts"

Comments: Way easier to manage employee time off calendars and secure data.

Pros: Ease of use, great features, FREE, fantastic customer support, listens to suggestions, and when they don't have a solution, they always have another suggestion of where to follow.

Cons: I would really love an app to offer for my employees to request time off to make things easier on the go.

Thanks for the feedback.

Natasha S.
Human Resources Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-19

"user friendly, easily accessible anywhere/anytime, great reporting"

Pros: I like that its very easy of use and there is a logical flow and sequence to adding or editing information. I also like that it is web based so I can access information anywhere I have an internet connection.

Brian T.
Dir of Finance
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

"Great Support!"

Comments: Very good. I'd forgotten sure recommend this HR Program. The employees love it :)

Pros: The customer service is awesome. I spoke with 4 separate people and they were allow very patient and helpful.

Cons: All good. There really isn't anything I would change.

Kelly K.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-13

"Painfully simple features & horrible/rude customer service"

Pros: The only pro I can see with this company is that it's free, but you get what you pay for. It's not even worth free.

Cons: First and foremost, their staff are incredibly rude. They will stalk you after signing up, calling multiple locations for which they were not provided contact info, and disrupting our business with these harassing and spammy calls. We have to ask them multiple times to quit calling/messaging us, and they continued to do so endlessly. The so-called HR 'features' they offer are so bare boned it's laughable. They are just here to stink you into a benefits plan, and I can't even imagine how poorly that would go based on the the staff member I dealt with. Avoid!

by Collage on 2017-07-21

Hi Kelly - We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your experience with Collage. Our intention is to help our customers find a solution when the sign up for the platform - not to bait and switch or mislead. We take this feedback very seriously and will take whatever measures possible to fix this issue.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-13
QA
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-13

"Easy to Use"

Comments: I've used collage regularly for requesting time off and documentation. It's nice to have one place to go.

Pros: I am able to easily request vacation time and other time for days off. I can also easily find any documents I am looking for within Collage.

Cons: It would nice if "Company Calendars" was an actual calendar however it easily syncs with google calendar so it's not a big deal.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-13
Steffanie H.
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-08

"The transition from HR track has been fairly easy."

Comments: It is making it easier for me to deal with all of the time off requested by staff and keep an ongoing record of it. I also like to have staff numbers at my fingertips instead of digging out their files for contact info. Plus, i can access this from anywhere.

Pros: The calendar feature is great along with the ability to allow staff to login and request time off. There are some cons for calendar but i've listed them below. I like the user interface and the staff have taken to it quite easily. I like the custom fields, just wish they were in the payroll affected area as well such as for rrsp contribution amounts.

Cons: The reporting functionality, in particular for time off. I would like to be able to pull a report on just one employee with a list of all days off. It also doesn't stop you from booking the same day for the same person twice. There should be a warning or error. The benefits section is not applicable to any provider except your own. I understand you are working on this so i look forward to that upgrade. Also, would like to have reminders for calendar as an option.

Audrey N.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-19

"Collage has a great user interface that is easy to use for all of our employees."

Pros: We're able to give feedback on improvements, and we can see the impact of our feedback quickly. If we ask for a certain button, it will be worked on and added.

Cons: There are some functionalities that are still missing, but I really appreciate that our customer success representative keeps us abreast of what they're working on and timelines for when these functionalities will be added.

Manager, Talent Acquisition
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-15

"Simple, clean, basic HRIS - perfect for SMB's!"

Comments: - great features for the price-point, perfectly serves a SMB that doesn't need enterprise-level HRIS software
- very basic without comprehensive set of features, although they take feedback seriously and are making constant improvements!

Pros: - clean and easy to use as a user or admin
- employee "self serve" or "self enrolment" options to enter their own info
- integrates seamlessly with benefits provider
- mobile-friendly

• Reviewed on 2017-12-15
Jackie D.
Writer
Online Media, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-13

"I seriously love it"

Comments: Collage is fantastic for my place of work. We have a lot of employees, so this made onboarding super easy and facilitated in payroll and scheduling.

Pros: Collage has made administrative tasks easier than any other similar platform I've ever used at a job. It is completely user-friendly and I feel secure in the data protection. It has made booking off time, sorting through financials, and onboarding so simple. I love it.

Cons: It is very quick to time me out and log me off! Which I guess is a strong security feature but sometimes I feel as though it booted me out too quickly. Otherwise I have zero complaints about this software and hopefully will be able to keep using it for years to come.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-13
Manager, Operations and Special Projects
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-19

"Easy, professional and intuitive."

Comments: Deeper insight into our employee profiles, easy and secure way to collect employee bank and SIN information, flexible benefits package choices.

Pros: Onboarding new employees and updating policy changes are very easy, and the process is documented so I always know where we're at. I like that it's easy to add benefits packages, and customize our business needs with those packages. It seems very efficient, which is helpful because we don't have lots of time to navigate cumbersome steps.

Cons: I wish it synched with payroll software. Keeping two sets of employee profiles doesn't make sense. I wish it was easier to add onboarding steps and customize the welcome email for new hires to align with our branding.

Erin B.
Director of Operations
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-08-02

"Good experience with a helpful tool"

Comments: Everything centralized in one place, better time off tracking, easier to track reviews.

Pros: Simple, clean design with the features that we need. Less complicated and easier to use than other similar products such as Bamboo HR. Customer service is generally prompt and I can see that updates and improvements are being made. The price is right as well!

Cons: I've experienced a couple bugs, some of which I'm still waiting to get fixed. A few features such as the calendar function don't work well with our cloud environment and some other features like the time off policy and PTO calendar editing permissions are a little inflexible for our needs but we have found workarounds.

• Reviewed on 2017-08-02
Jeff G.
HR Manager
Public Policy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-07

"Collage HR Review"

Comments: At this specific time in Collage's lifespan, I would be hesitant to recommend them unless you were looking for something very basic. But even then, WebHR is comparable in price and has a plethora of useful features that Collage does not.

Pros: The employee directory, organizational chart, and employee profiles are very user friendly. Even our more mature staff who barely use email were able to maneuver through the software.

Cons: Collage is very new and contains minimal features. Their time off module didn't seem to work for us as they couldn't get time off requests down to the hour.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-07
Elisha G.
Head of Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-07

"Collage created a hassle-free product that simplifies the information transfer process for our team."

Comments: - vacation tracking and approvals
- self-serve benefits admin

Pros: self-serve benefits admin for employees - love how Collage's functionality gives the employee the power to manage their own coverage and information updates.

Cons: some quirks: vac listed as hours *and* days, can't click into vac dates, lack of viewing permissions, custom fields have to be completed after onboarding, manager cannot override vacation in probation period

• Reviewed on 2017-06-07
Ben A.
Financial Controller
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-05

"Intuitive, great HRIS with excellent customer service"

Comments: It's been amazing for the price, the whole company has really adopted it quickly, even the older staff. It's a beautiful user interface to be honest, we have removed a lot of issues around time-off and around performance management and saved on recruiting costs.

Pros: Its ease of use, the customer support is amazing, always new updates making it better. Recruiting integration with indeed.com. Performance reviews. Integrates with GWL benefits and Wagepoint payroll.

Cons: Training module has potential to be a bit more comprehensive, would be nice to be able to design courses in the software. Time-off could use a bit more detail when it presents on the company Outlook calendar, would be nice to see the exact hours people are off during each particular day.

Margaux M.
People Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-05

"Our company loves Collage!"

Comments: We did not have an HRIS before Collage so we improved so many things I hardly know where to start: even just having an automated way to track time off was a big bonus for us. We love the PTO calendars and the onboarding and offboarding tasks. The ATS was a huge improvement because it made it so much easier to keep track of interview processes with multiple people involved. And my account manager is always there to walk through new ideas with me and help me make the most of Collage.

Pros: It's easy to get up and running, very intuitive from both user and administrator perspective, and their customer support is outstanding.

Cons: When we first started using Collage there were a few minor annoyances, but their product development team is so responsive, most of these have all been resolved in the 9 months since we have been using it. The only thing left they need is Single Sign-On with Google.

Natalie B.
Office/Human Resources Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-31

"Love Collage"

Comments: With CollageHR, you get great value for money, exceptional customer service and a platform that is very easy to customize. CollageHR also offers a feedback section where you can provide suggestions and ideas as they are continuously improving and adapting their platform to meet their customers needs.

Pros: There is so much to love about this software. However, if I only had to pick one, it would be the ease of use. This software is incredibly user friendly! I am able to customize on a whim and should I need help, my questions are answered in a very timely manner.

Cons: I would say the one thing I feel that this software is missing is an App. I would love for their to be a mobile App. Hopefully this is something that is in the works.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-31
Doug K.
Co-Founder, Vice President and General Manager
Veterinary Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-06

"Excellent employee onboarding experience"

Comments: HR Compliance

Pros: The best part of this software is its digital signature and onboarding features. Hiring employees, signing employment agreements and ensuring all the right information is collected during the onboarding process is now a snap!

Cons: The platform continues to be developed, so it is a matter of time before improvements are made. I wish the documents feature had a "Sort" function so documents can be sorted by name or by date, to improve search capabilities.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-06
Co-Founder & CTO
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

"A solid HR system"

Pros: - As a department head, it's easy to manage staff
- Staff find the interface simple to use
- Integration into calendars is very useful

Cons: - For some reason, my login sessions never last past a single use.

Carl C.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-23

"Collage is everything we had hoped for in a HR program; as a small not for profit it met our needs."

Comments: Saves time; processes information; supports staff.

Pros: Functionality; we have already used it for 'on-boarding' new staff and it works like a dream. We have set up all of our systems on Collage including HR policies, offer letters etc.

Cons: I would like a function that tracks time off -lieu time. Taking time off and tracking it, is an area that we need help in; the vacation, sick days function is very good, bu t there are days that staff work overtime and we need to track that including permission and approvals.

• Reviewed on 2017-10-23
Daniela M.
People Manager
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-01

"Valuable, wide adoption, was easy to implement, great customer service"

Comments: Employee database, time tracking, performance, record keeping

Pros: Ease of use, many features and many new features being added. I appreciate having the ability to express our needs and see them implemented.

Cons: some reporting is missing (birthdates) and no org chart, 360 performance ability would be great also

by Collage on 2017-06-09

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it.
Some of your suggestions are currently in our pipeline: org charts in next 2 weeks, 360 reviews & birthdays by end of summer. Have a great day!

Garci I.
Chief Operating Officier
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-08

"Collage is a perfect fit for our needs. I'm impressed with quality of customer support!"

Pros: It's easy to use. Updates and new features are proposed on a real regularly basis. Custumer support is great. Design is lean and effective!

Cons: As is a new product, some features are missing, but since I started working with Collage a lot of the missing features have been developed or are in their backlog. Collage team is also really interested in our feedback.

Anisa B.
Director HR
  • Reviewed on 2017-06-01

"The tool is easy to use but does not have many features"

Comments: We moved off from Google Spreadsheets and now we can store all our employee data in one place. It is a lot easier to book time off vs our old way.

Pros: It's free and easy to use. It pulls basic reports that you need at the moment and it's better than maintaining data in Google spreadsheets, however there is so much more that you should be able to do with the tool.

Cons: It could have so many more functionalities, starting with compensation history. Also another huge downer is the fact that you cannot have different access levels to the information. IE direct managers should be able to look at their team's info.

by Collage on 2017-06-09

Thanks for the feedback. Some of your suggestions are currently in our pipeline: Comp history by end of June, manager permissions is now available - ask your account manager for more info. Have a great day!

Paul H.
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-02-15

"simple to use"

Pros: Simple to use. Good value for money, Canadian product! Unlike the competition no upfront fees to implement. Support staff very friend and helpful.

Cons: Missing the ability to do more customization which I think most client in a regulated industry would require.

• Reviewed on 2018-02-15
Robin W.
Sr.Finance Manager and HR Admin

"Super Collage HR"

Comments: the people at Collage are awesome, in helping with the set-up and launch, any questions were quickly answered, sometimes more than once - they respond asap.

Pros: Time saving - my employees were always asking, how many vacation days, how many sick days, do I have an lieu time.. our old system was one of having an excel sheet for each employee, now they just log in , check their own data, apply for time and it comes to my inbox for approval - as well as the CEO's... it is great. We just started using it, so haven't been able to utilize all of its abilities.

Cons: have no cons, everything seems to work fine.