Filter by:

• Overall

About JOBPROGRESS

The Business Productivity Tool that helps home improvement contractors manage workflow, employees, sales, and field operations.

Learn more about JOBPROGRESS

Zach L.
Zach L.
Co-Owner/Skywarn Spotter in U.S.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Best CRM For Your Money!!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Excellent or A++

Pros:

Easily the best and most customizable CRM for the industry our today. Their app is second to none and the desktop platform makes following jobs a breeze! Plus, grabbing an e-signature right on the contract on the app is cake. No extra app to use

Cons:

There really are none, if something arose the team at JP jumped to correct or add it right away.

Rachel B.
Rachel B.

Add More Features/Uses

4 2 years ago

Comments: I love the customer service you guys provide, and I hope that doesn't change as you expand. The database itself is user friendly, I just see potential for more features

Pros:

I love the separation of the production calendar from the staff calendar. The customer contact directory is great, and mainly why I got Job Progress to begin with so we could manage our customers better.

Cons:

I think this software could do more. I don't like the graph layouts we are given, I wish we could choose among different kinds of graphs that could help us better visualize our data. I also wish the proposals allowed me to customize the font more so whilst I am making a proposal that has already been merged to a customer. Instead, if I want to fix the font sizing on the proposal I have to exit where I am and edit the template itself and then that edit applies to all future proposals. I just want more flexibility on the customization side. Lastly, I think this program has so much potential to integrate a canvassing segment to it. Maybe integrate with Google maps or another program to create an option for companies to track their canvassers. Right now, I use Google maps to track my canvassers, but it would be great if we could do that all on Job Progress so they also have real time access to where they've gone and what neighborhoods are successful, etc.

Yannick R.
Production Manager in U.S.
Construction, 11-50 Employees

JP is my most used app across all devices

5 12 months ago

Comments: I log in all my customers and information into JP so that when I go to bed at night, I don't wake up in the middle of the night remembering some customer that fell through the cracks. All

Pros:

Being able to easily write up contracts and send to customer's for electronic approval is fantastic. Invoicing and change orders are easy and straightforward, and being able to customize the progress flow is a nice touch. One of the best features is the intuitive mobile app that can be used on the field while meeting with customers or even confirming the scope of work for a job. Being able to customize templates easily was my main reason for advocating the use of JP, as creating different templates such as certificates of completion was vital.

Cons:

It would be nice to have an easier and more intuitive estimating feature. We were able to use AccuLynx for a while, and though we went back to JP for various reasons, we thought the estimating feature on AccuLynx was far superior, as it was more intuitive and aesthetically pleasing (which made it easier to work with and break down when estimating very large projects). The contracts on AccuLynx also used DocuSign, which seemed to add a tremendous amount of reputability with customers. They also had a feature where pictures could be all selected and converted into a PDF with comments and "before" or "after" stamps assigned to them. Also, being able to assign appointments from the customer creation page, instead of the job creation page would be useful. Sometimes I don't know if this will be a repair or a roof replacement until after the appointment, but all that information had to be put in before. If nothing else, having some sort of window that shows your current appointments when you are making an appointment would be a tremendous improvement, as currently I have to ALWAYS open a staff calendar window and update it every time I speak to a customer to set up an appointment to make sure there is no double-booking. Being able to know what time slots are already blocked off would be fantastic.

Kyle E.
Sales Manager in U.S.

Loving Job Progress!!!

5 8 months ago

Pros:

The ease of use on this software is fantastic. It is far easier to navigate than other systems we have tried. Customer service is great and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has done a great job onboarding us and helping us get the system set up and customized to work best for us.

Cons:

We would like to have a safeguard in place so that you can't send an estimate or proposal and show your price calculations by mistake.

Byron W.
Account Superv in U.S.

Great tool

4 12 months ago

Pros:

All CRMs are different and take some getting used to. JobProgress is no different. Once I learned the interface/workflow, it became a breeze to use. No CRM is perfect, but JobProgress is a great tool. In a prior life, I used AccuLynx. I would recommend JobProgress over AccuLynx any day of the week. My favorite features would include the comprehensive estimating (and the ability to add margin to a job) and the process to draft proposals (and have users view/accept them), change orders, etc.

Cons:

My complaints are really granular. The average user probably wouldn't even know about the issues. For instance, I have not found the ability to draft my own email templates. Rather, the company setup an email template and I continually have to go in and edit the same verbiage (daily) so that it tells prospects what I want them to hear/understand. Having the ability for individual users to have their own email templates would be quite helpful. When building an estimate and selecting various materials, some of the drown-down variables won't populate after being selected. That doesn't sound like a big deal. However, when you build a material order off said estimate, the supply house needs to know the size/color of some products in order to properly fulfill the order.

Deserey A.
Director of Operations in U.S.

JobProgress for the Win!

5 2 years ago

Comments: Our company is very satisfied with JobProgress overall. It has made our scheduling and in house processes run more efficiently.

Pros:

I love all the customization options! We can really make this CRM our own and make it work for what we need as a company. It's so user friendly- I was very surprised that the Roofing Specialists here took to it so fast and are able to maneuver through the software with minimal questions.

Cons:

I would like to see more information transferable through QuickBooks. Right now, I have to manually enter any expenses for each job, instead of being able to pull that information from QuickBooks itself. The CRM we used before pulled each expense/credit, and it was easier for my Roofing Specialists to look at how much they have in their jobs. Also, if there was another option in the estimating to where you could hide view of just the markup/margin. If you just hit the "Hide Pricing" button, all the pricing goes away. The customers like to see their prices itemized.

Ryan S.
Sales in U.S.

Comments: ?

Pros:

Customer friendly. Easy to understand.

Cons:

I had my whole company sign up for JP and was promised a referral bonus that was never received. Please advise [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Ryan Shumway with Highland Contractors Rochester N.Y

Alan B.
Project Manager in U.S.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Wonderful Product! Great Support Team!

4 12 months ago

Comments: Overall experience has been great! Once we got off and running it was pretty simple to figure out. Can't say enough how how much we enjoy using your system!

Pros:

Completely streamlined our business and increase our project oversight throughout the company. Huge time saver. Software continues to improve overtime.

Cons:

Customer management is still difficult for repeat clients. Scheduling crews using the calendars need additional flexibility and tags to allow production managers to follow the process of material ordered, materials delivered, roof complete, roof inspected, etc. Multi job function financial master sheet should allow the option to manage or modify finances of the overall project. CRM could be greatly improved by integrating a hail recon or other ap to alert us when a previous client has been in a hail or weather related event. Increases repeat business. I would recommend access to training videos that shows you how to setup and use different parts of the program. It would greatly decrease the time needed to get off the ground and increase the ease in which companies to maximize the potential of your project.

Valerie G.
Warehouse Manager in U.S.

JP for Warehouse Managers

4 last year

Comments: Overall, I like using JobProgress. It is easy to use and with a little exploration I can figure out most things I need in order to do my job. I have actually thought about recommending it to some of my other friends in the construction business that do NOT use software to manage their bidding/scheduling process.

Pros:

I started my position at the start of this year with NO experience using anything like JobProgress. With minimal training (I learn better by clicking and finding things) I was able to use the program for what I needed. I use it on a daily basis for prepping orders for my crews. It is very easy to use the Work Order feature to get the materials ready for the next day's jobs. I like that I can leave notes in the job for others and create tasks for myself and others. The new feature of adding information to the photos is nice.

Cons:

In order for changes to be seen, the screen has to be refreshed. When I come in to my desk to look at the calendar, it would be nice to know that it is current. Maybe adding an auto refresh feature so that when changes are made, the entire system is updated would be helpful. Another feature that would be helpful would be built-in inventory management that would synchronize the work orders with the inventory.

Allison B.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Great software for team work

5 12 months ago

Comments: We have been able to communicate as a team better now that we have a system in place to help eachother out. The tracking on proposals is great to know what our clients think of our bids and estimates.

Pros:

It is easy to track everyone's progress on projects and if they need help on something it is so easy to go into the project and see right where it is at.

Cons:

The integration with QuickBooks did not work for us and for how our system is set up, but we are working on linking them again

Accounts Receivable Clerk in U.S.

Job Progress review

4 3 years ago

Pros:

You can see your projects from start to finish You can adjust what everyone sees in their different roles The flags are great and help keep things organized

Cons:

There is too much loading time. You can not add someone to a conversation later, if you want to include another member you have to start an entirely new message thread The new calendar takes even longer to load since the new update If there is any added stage it does not apply to the previously entered jobs, if you want them to have all the current stages you have to go and re-enter and then delete all of the duplicated I wish there were more color coding options so that you could customize it to suit your business

JobProgress Response

3 years ago

Thank you for your continued use of the JobProgress Platform. We are constantly attempting to improve performance and features. We have made and continue to make improvements regarding load time and invest in our overall security and infrastructure. We appreciate your feedback.

Karen P.

Good for our Business

4 12 months ago

Comments: Job Progress has been a plus for helping our business keep track of jobs. We have almost always gotten help when we needed it.

Pros:

Job Progress has helped keep track of the order of each job and what needs to happen next in the selling process. It has helped us to know where each customer is in the process.

Cons:

Email does not integrate with external Gmail accounts. The only way you get notifications is by being on the app or online logged in.

Stephen M.
COO in Sweden

Written for the roofer

2 last year

Comments: They have dressed it up, and it appears robust, until you start digging in, and then all the flaws or lack of ability show themselves. I also need to be able to integrate with QB, through a portal service, as my bookkeeper is not in my office. I asked about this 6 weeks ago, and all I have heard is crickets on how to do this. Support for general things is good, but once you scratch more than the inch (see reference above), it grinds to a non-responsive halt.

Pros:

It was easy to initially integrate, but the program capability is a mile wide and an inch deep. You don't have to scratch too far to hit bottom in any area. The onboarding training was good in a broad sense, but as I get deeper into it, I am really struggling to get answers. I committed to give it 6 months, but it is likely that I will cancel.

Cons:

I am a full service GC, and need to track and manage a large base of subs, and this program is struggling to provide the basics that I need. You can either get financials of a job or financials of a sub-job, but you can not combine the two. I need to know overall, and be able to drill down. Many of the features with the integration with QB and financials is not intuitive, and not even logical. Also, unless your sub subscribes to their online portal, the subcontractor is handled like a stepchild. I want to be able to fully manage and communicate with my sub, and not force them to buy something or manage an online access account. My subs are good at their trades, not necessarily the most technically astute. If this was something that was universal, and most subs used, that would be great, but that is not what we are talking about here.

Sarah B.
Office manager in U.S.

Great CRM tool

5 12 months ago

Comments: Overall it’s the best CRM we have used.

Pros:

It’s easy to operate. Also love that there is a phone app to upload photos while on the job.

Cons:

Sometimes when there are large amounts of photos or documents it freezes up.

Todd H.
Sales in U.S.
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees

Appreciation

5 last year

Pros:

Makes my life so much easier. Love the updates lately. Keep them coming. Will keep using this app for years to come.

Cons:

Nothing yet. At times it crashes but due to lack of signal. In saying that I can’t complain because it autosaves

Dan M.
Estimator in U.S.

Overall good experience

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Saves me time, money, and everything is more organized and in control! Don't need all the extra papers on my desk, everything right in this software.

Cons:

What I like least about this software is that sometimes it doesn't stay flipped/ rotated if my iPad is flipped / rotated onto its side ..

JobProgress Response

3 years ago

Dan, Appreciated! By the way, we are aware of the rotating issue on some forms and screens and are addressing ... we see more and more of our contractor subscribers using the mobile keyboards alongside their tablet and we will make it so that when you rotate the screen to (for example) plug into your mobile keyboard ... the form / JP screen will rotate with it accordingly. Got it.

Laura B.
Relationship Manager in U.S.

great CRM for roofing company

5 12 months ago

Comments: Overall we have had a great experience with learning about JobProgress from the person who helped us through the training/onboarding and with ongoing customer support whenever we needed additional assistance or help with the software.

Pros:

This is a wonderful software program that is already set up specifically to support contractors (we are a roofing company). It is very helpful to have the support of a software company that understands the industry and has already thought of the functions needed to manage a roofing company and our customers.

Cons:

On the mobile app it sometimes takes a little while to open files and documents.

Richard H.
President in U.S.

JP and what it can be

4 last year

Pros:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is good to work with. A multitude of features.

Cons:

Difficult to tailor and scale down to our own needs Working with pictures is a nightmare Importing documents is complicated I want this customized for our usage We are not all roofers chasing insurance claims Templates are already on a pdf so it should be easier to add into software Excel workbooks should be integrated too

Jeff H.
Project Manager in U.S.

Roofing Review

4 12 months ago

Comments: Overall this product has a lot of good functions and a lot of potential.

Pros:

The software really helps coordinating multiple employee schedules connected to specific jobs. Being able to keep company conversations, customer conversations, and documents all contained and accessible from multiple team members is really helpful.

Cons:

We have not been able to find a good way to make our files sync with the JP system. We tried remaking all of our files but it was like trying to reinvent the wheel.

Lisa W.
Claims specialist in U.S.

Too much information

4 12 months ago

Comments: Not user friendly

Pros:

Integrated with quick books. Reports available

Cons:

Slow, too many options, photos open slow and only a batch at a time

Joshua N.
Manager in U.S.

JOBPROGRESS review

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have used this system and several others over the last ten years. this is by far my favorite. Only thing I would like is to have an initial set meeting with someone to show us more options because I feel like I'm not getting everything I can out of this system

Pros:

Originizided, user-friendly in the field, ability to login from various places

Cons:

Difficulty to design and edit templates, no option to download previous proposals or company documents, emails unable to go through and last but not least having to refresh to see updates.

Joseph Z.
Estimator in U.S.

Job Progress Review

4 last year

Pros:

Work Flow automation allowing for quick maneverability with time stamps of Jobs from one stage to the next

Cons:

We cannot have a universal workflow change that applies to all existing jobs. When we want to add a new category to a job it only works for new jobs that are created. Additionally, as of the recent update whenever I switch accounts (I write estimates for multiple contractors who use the software), I am unable to type into the ID and password boxes. I have to refresh the page before it will let me type in those boxes. Not a big deal but is a little frustrating

Dan S.
Operations Manager in U.S.

My experience

4 last year

Comments: Overall I like it a lot and still have to learn more about its capabilities

Pros:

The way you can divide the jobs in different stages

Cons:

It has a few blips in that it doesn’t always save information after entering

Dan T.
Business Development in U.S.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Excellent, could imagine life without it.

5 3 years ago

Comments: Save time, money, and headaches. Improve customer experience.

Pros:

General organization, and collaboration features. Helps maintain a workflow. Excellent tool to follow up with customers, as I have measurements, photos etc at my fingertips

Cons:

Some things can be touchy, or not work at times such as the progress slider. Some navigation aspects could be improved, such as returning to Photos and Docs when inside a folder in Photos and Docs.

Annette R.
CFO in U.S.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Great in some respects, not user friendly in others

4 2 years ago

Comments: The program is adequate. The customer service is not outstanding. Some of the interoffice features are not dynamic enough. The financial features are adequate. I like the reporting features.

Pros:

The tracking and scheduling of customers is very nice. It has nice reporting options. Financial features are well built.

Cons:

Doesn't give enough information to Project Managers regarding job lead in original notification. The daily feed of activities does not give enough information, just shows that a job has been updated, but not how. Doesn't notify PM when Follow-up notes are added to their job. Emails only come to JP, and not to our email box. Building and editing forms is cumbersome. Customer service is not always responsive.