• Overall

About Backlog

Project & code management, together at last. Plan work, track progress, and release code right in Backlog for all-in-one collaboration.

Learn more about Backlog

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Backlog before?

Yongjin L.
Commercial Pre-Sales in South Korea
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A fan of Backlog

5 last year

Comments: using for issue tracking, and regular meeting agenda / minutes at WIKI space.

Pros:

The best tool with easy UI for users, and comparatively reasonable price!

Cons:

Not sure how to backup all the contents and versioning if I should move to another platform.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Choosing Backlog: reasonable price and easy to use.

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Backlog: instant payment when I want to use. Pay-as-you-Go.

Miguel F.
Miguel F.
CEO in U.S.

Well designed and extremely easy to use

5 3 years ago

Comments: Tracking software issues across a dispersed organization. Worked great!

Pros:

Intuitive software that you can use without instruction. Upon sign-on immediately see what has recently happened and easy to click on items needing your attention. Great way to organize and collaborate on issues with a diverse team in different locations.

Cons:

Not much I didn't like. Perhaps the ability to add a custom field or a more fine-grained priority field (Low, Medium, High) so as to make sure people are looking next at the most pressing issue.

Software Engineer in Poland
Computer Software, Self Employed

Free but functional

5 2 years ago

Comments: I'm very happy working with Backlog tool. Email notifications are insanely useful for tracking changes.

Pros:

It works well for small projects; it covers (probably) all features you may want to use and it is free for a team like my own.

Cons:

No Cons, honestly. For this price it is impossible to find any ;)

Peter M.
Australia
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

A great alternative ticketing system for teams

5 4 years ago

Pros:

We're using the basic plan and it provides us a great deal of flexibility for our teams. It allows us to keep track of items really easily and submit via email, etc is a breeze. Our users are finding it very easy to get into the system and are seeing quicker responses to their queries. Features of the system are great and what you would see in more expensive alternatives. Pricing per company is excellent compared to per seat as well.

Cons:

Make sure you setup on the right plan to start your trial as you cannot change while you are on trial which is somewhat challenging if you setup a stack of work prior to your change. Apart from this support has been great when needed and the service runs quickly and smoothly.

Hoàng N.
Hoàng N.
Web Developer in Vietnam
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

Work smarter with Backlog!!!

4 3 years ago

Comments: Friendly, easy to use, easy to manage, work more efficiently. However, we need to notify the user (via email) when the server has problems to be able to organize the work

Pros:

Unlike the Github, GitLab ..., Backlog allows me to have an overview when the project has multiple modules, each module needs a separate git repos.

Cons:

I have trouble verifying who committed the code when viewed on the git tool of the Backlog

Jim H.
Application Engineer in U.S.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201-500 Employees

Great Collaboration Software

4 2 years ago

Comments: UI is easy to use. Issues are clearly tracked. Robust attachment management. Email notifications are effective and clear. Icon personalization is a nice touch.

Pros:

I'm solving problems related to software design and development. We work across different time zones, and BackLog is great for our international projects. In conjunction with realtime collaborative software, we are able to use BackLog for high-level project organization.

Cons:

Working with the smartphone app is not as useful since the browser version is so well designed. Also unwieldy at times when flipping between different projects. No realtime chat. Wish there were more markdown options for formatting.

Alternatives Considered: Redmine

Reasons for Choosing Backlog: Redmine is too simple and light.

Switched From: Redmine

John M.
CTO in U.S.
Retail, 201-500 Employees

Works exactly the way you would expect

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Simplicity, configurability and easy of use.

Cons:

Would have liked a little more configurability and the printing optiosn are kind of limited.

Jennifer B.
Manager in U.S.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Simple and Effective

5 2 years ago

Comments: Backlog has helped us get a handle on our massive list of bugs and upcoming features.

Pros:

It's simple, easy-to-use, and clean, while still having most of the features I want in a bug tracker.

Cons:

There are some times I would like to be able to categorize tasks by custom parameters, which is not supported. Also I think the user limit for the free tier is a little restrictive.

Devaraj R.
Team Leader in India
Information Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Tool

5 3 years ago

Comments: It helps us a lot to track all the issues and also it helps to take action on issues in a timely manner

Pros:

1. Easy to use, not an complicated one. 2. Quick alerts, easy to track all posted issues 3. I'll recommend more

Cons:

I'm fully satisfied and I didn't see any cons over here

Amruta W.
Software Engineer in India

Backlog_Review

4 2 years ago

Comments: Its very easy to use, exactly this is developed as per user's need.

Pros:

Easy to use, not complicated, user friendly

Cons:

Nothing is least, everything is good, user friendly

Consulting Software Engineer in U.S.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Suprisingly easy to use, yet feature-packed

5 3 years ago

Comments: We have a new healthcare application that is in the early stages of development. I was looking for a solution that was simple to setup, yet could effectively manage issues and provide a "home" for the project. Backlog's issue tracking + project wiki are the perfect combination and solution.

Pros:

It was extremely easy to setup projects, including customizing issue categories and types. UI is very clean, yet provides lots of functionality without having to dig for buried actions.

Cons:

Only regarding the project wiki -- I'd prefer to see better HTML support instead of just Markdown.

Sandhya P.
Software engineer in U.S.
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Good and ease to use

5 4 months ago

Pros:

Milestone and task management on daily basis

Cons:

QA workspace management on daily basis

Alexandra T.
Marketing mAnager in Australia
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Amazing tool

5 last year

Comments: Very happy with this software that helps us to track bugs and optimisations on our website.

Pros:

Very easy and user-friendly tool, perfect for tracking bugs.

Cons:

nothing I found this software perfect for our needs.

Elad L.
QA Engineer in Israel
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Simple & ease to use bug system

4 3 years ago

Comments: Very good bug system, meets my company needs

Pros:

Very easy to use, cloud storage, low price

Cons:

poor features, user interface looks poor

Data Engineer in India
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

Great Product For Backlogs

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Creating tickets or backlogs and has ability to assign particular time for each backlog

Cons:

UI can be somewhat good if there is good color

Akhilesh M.
Akhilesh M.
Software Test Engineer in India
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

Backlog has your back!

4 2 years ago

Comments: The product is clutter-free and any features that are added have simple use cases and helps in easier implementation. A good user interface to avoid daily hassles involved in bug/defect reporting daily as a tester.

Pros:

Bug identification and creation have never been simpler. Its unique way to describe and categorize the issue at hand is well sorted and makes for a clean and understandable user experience.

Cons:

There might be issues that are created and assigned by parts and during bug/defect identification and creation, assigning these bugs should have an option to assign multiple members instead of single-member.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Choosing Backlog: It was very difficult to track and monitor, the interface was confusing.

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Backlog: Bang for the buck!

Santhosh rao M.
Santhosh rao M.
Android Lead Developer in India

Best Review Software

5 3 years ago

Comments: I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

Pros:

I can easily found out my issues raised by tester.

Cons:

Nothing found so far. If possible, provide web push notifications.

Cabin Y.
Chief Marketing Officer in Thailand
Computer Games, 2-10 Employees

Easy and Very Useful tool to manage projects

5 2 years ago

Comments: In general, gives a very good overview to the team and the project manager on who is doing what exactly. Following up on tasks that have not been completed is easy and is a very transparent way to work.

Pros:

Can easily separate tasks through projects and milestones. I especially love the Gantt Chart and how each it is to use. Overall just great to see overall picture of how the project is doing and who is doing what.

Cons:

I find it frustrating to changing Status only after creating the task. I wish I could change when I create a task if it was already Closed, Resolves or In Progress instead of always clicking each task and changing it manually. Feel very time consuming.

Scientist in U.S.
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to learn quality program

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall excellent app for a great cost that your team has control over. You get to pay for the level your team will use without the burden of overwhelming excess features. Definitely recommend.

Pros:

I've been trying out a lot of project management software lately and I think Backlog is a strong contender among them. It's quick to learn and the UI is sleek and appealing. It has all the essential features for project tracking and coordination. I liked the inclusion of the Wiki as well, and I like the tiered subscription model they use, making it easy to find a level of feature availability that suites your team's needs.

Cons:

There isn't anything major that stands out. There's room for more options and features (more specificity in the prioritization area, maybe) but it has all the essentials from what I can tell.

Vivek O.
Consultant in India

My experience for backlog is awesome.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It has given a great platform to collaborate for work. We manage many of our projects on backlog which makes us more efficient and we can focus on more work rather than hitch-ups due to processes and management. Great tool.

Cons:

Yes, if you talk about cons I do feel there is need for internal documents creation like Excel ppt etc. If I want to make some data or have issue which requires tabular form, I don't have much options than just to create an excel and attach it's links.

Bhadra A.
Marketing Manager in Indonesia
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Good Experience

4 3 years ago

Comments: After using Backlog, each project management has been improved: better time management, better updates in team during project progress

Pros:

- project management based - easy to use and create project/issue

Cons:

- some part confusing in terms of UI - people who was notified at first time issue created, wont be automatically notified if not mention in notify people when make comment/update

Ruby On Rails Developer in Vietnam

Review for Backlog

5 3 years ago

Pros:

It's easy to manage task on Gantt Chart. I can see status, edit start time and end time,...without having to refresh the page.

Cons:

When i review pull request on Backlog, i can't see the number of deleted line, added line and total changed line. Github has this feature.

Mitchell S.
Software Developer in U.S.

Backlog is a very useful tool

5 last year

Comments: Backlog has helped us better track software bugs and issues reported by our clients. It's definitely made our clients more satisfied with our service that we're now able to better keep track of, and respond to, the bugs and issues they raise.

Pros:

I like the way Backlog helps us keep track of bugs and issues and which member of our team is assigned to them. Keeping track of bugs and issues that our clients raise is one of the areas that we struggle the most with, and Backlog helps us address this potential shortcoming.

Cons:

Some parts of the interface can be a little counter-intuitive to navigate. I think the next iteration of the Backlog interface could go a long way to make the tool easier to use, smoother, and even more useful.

Jeremy C.
IT/OT Engineer in U.S.
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees

Backlog for the Win

5 3 years ago

Pros:

We use backlog everyday to track various projects withing our department. The easy of adding new items to the log and quickly finding them is a plus.

Cons:

Only thing we really need is an approval based system that ties into Backlog for change management. Often times approval are required to be shown in the business world.

Suzanne L.
Eng in Singapore

Overall not a bad experience

4 4 years ago

Pros:

ease of use

Cons:

one feature that your tools does not provide is the ability to put more people in the loop for CC and notify automatically if there is an update