• Overall
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About Avochato

SMS texting and live chat for business has never been easier than with Avochato's solutions for teams, marketers and contact centers.

Learn more about Avochato

Tara B.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-02

"Awesome all-in-one tool for one-to-one SMS/MMS communications and blast marketing!"

Comments: Avochato has upped our CS game by 1000%. Customers tell us every day how nice it is to be able to text with us. It's awesome that we can use just one service for both CS communications and marketing blasts. Customers being able to text our regular business phone number is a game changer. We used to have one number to call us, another for one-to-one texting, and another one for blast marketing campaigns. It was super confusing and annoying for my staff and my customers. We also use the website widget, keywords, and automated surveys to promptly interact with our customers. The best part about Avochato is their AMAZING customer service! Quick, friendly, and always very helpful. In the past, I've had people at tech companies talk down to me because I am female and also because I run a retail/service business in an interesting industry. I've never once been talked down to by the staff at Avochato. Their few and far between bugs are addressed promptly. Rollouts of new features seem to very well tested because there is rarely a hiccup. Overall.... Love it!! It's just what my business needed.

Pros: Love the ease of use!! It feels super light weight, even though it has a ton more features than similar services I've used. Customer service is 100% top notch!! (Shout out to our rep!!)

Cons: So far, there hasn't been much! I do wish that emojis/emoticons were a little less expensive to send (they count as 2 or 3 SMS messages, I can't remember exactly at this moment) because we are all so accustomed to adding those to texts without thinking much about them, but I've pared them down a bit from automated messages and it's helped a bit.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-02
Sarah N.
Customer Service Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-16

"Easy B2B Texting Solution"

Comments: Overall, Avochato is a great platform. They have capabilities that I had previously thought were exclusive to other platforms. Their sales team is professional and fun to chat with. The software is easy to use and learn. Overall I think Avochato is a great product.

Pros: Overall, I loved the ease of use with this product. The platform itself is designed in a way that is easy to understand and use. Texting clients helps to build trust with our brand and this is definitely a great solution for that need.

Cons: We are really looking for a texting solution that allows us to send native video. So far, we have been unable to find this. Avochato allows you to send links to hosted videos, such as YouTube or Vimeo. But we want to be able to load MP4s as if we were using a cellphone.

Paige S.
Recruiting Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-27

"Chat Review"

Comments: Its more benefical for my co-workers and I to use this software instead of our own phones. We have the ablility to all see the messages and be able to respond if/when needed. I do wish there was a private chat feature where you and only you can see the message between yourself and the person your chatting with. It would be nice to be able to open that private chat to all if wanted to needed. -Over all it has made communicating with our caregivers alot easier as well.

Pros: I like that the Avochato software can be used on your mobile device and computer. I also like that there is an APP that can be used as well.

Cons: Boradcast do not work as effectiley as I thought it would. When sending group text via broadcast the messages do not come in right.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-27
Teresa V.
HR Operations
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-07

"Positive. Excellent customer service and response time."

Comments: We were able to have a desktop version, which is what we lacked in the last service we used.

Pros: When we first signed up with Avochato, it was missing some features we really needed. The Avochato team was more than willing to develop the features we needed and work with us to make it exactly what my team needed. They are extremely helpful and open to improvements. I feel confident that we will be able to use this service as our company grows.

Cons: Avochato was missing some features that we really needed, but the Avochato team was able to develop and/or change the features to suit us. Some bugs have come from that, but that's to be expected.

by Avochato on 2017-08-30

Teresa, it has truly been a pleasure working with you and your team. We are delighted that you are getting great results from Avochato. You touched on a few things that set us apart: our customer-first mentality, our speedy response time, and our willingness to develop features our customers want and need. We did have a couple bugs pop up with newly developed features -- thanks to you and team for helping us troubleshoot and squash those. Looking forward to continuing to build together.

• Reviewed on 2017-07-07
Aparna V.
Director, Technical Services and Support
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-16

"Intuitive and easy to use product to manage customer communications"

Pros: Quick setup with no development time - bonus points because it worked seamlessly when we transitioned our core Phone systems from one provider to another. Free trial that helps you assess the product with no risk. The customer support is super quick and responsive to help with any questions.

Cons: We would've liked integration with Support software like Zendesk /Freshdesk. While the product met our team's needs, it might need advanced user access management.

by Avochato on 2017-08-30

Thanks Aparna! Glad you've enjoyed the product and our support. We use our own product to support our customers, which is part of why we're so quick! (Never trust a company that doesn't use its own products in-house!) We are working on more advanced user access / permissions management for some of our customers that want limited team access to certain messages. We are also looking at new integrations and can definitely take Zendesk/Freshdesk into consideration. Thanks again for your feedback and your business.

• Reviewed on 2017-07-16
Kent M.
Director, University Unions
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Great software"

Comments: Gives us more flexibility and faster response time to needs of our clients inside of our conference center.

Pros: Ease of use and quick set-up. Support is great and the company is very responsive to needs of clients. This software has given us much more flexibility in communication and that has been a huge benefit to our office.

Cons: The voicemail feature is a little annoying and I think shouldn't be an option.

Tracy T.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-06

"OUTSTANDING customer service and the software has helped us tremendously."

Pros: The fact that we can "text" our technicians through this program versus from our phones have saved us so much time.

Cons: Once you text a technician, another corporate employee can "take over" the transmission which takes away from yours. This is something their team is working on and they have work arounds.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-06
Digital Marketing Manager

"Customer Service 10/10"

Comments: So far, I'm impressed.

Pros: It enables companies & brands to effectively communicate with their audiences via one medium. People tend to feel more comfortable with a brand when there's a phone number provided to contact them directly. Not to mention, being able to assign messages to people is another bonus.

Cons: Some slight hiccups in the beginning when trying to figure out the zapier integration, but the customer support staff is remarkable.

Abdi B.
Field Services Coordinator
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-29

"Great Service!"

Comments: Excellent service! Quick to respond to any questions! Hats off to customer service. The Kiger Group owes you alot!

Pros: The software is simple and easy to use.

Cons: Uploading can be difficult at first however, great customer service staff are always there to help via phone, video conference, or simple email exchange!

• Reviewed on 2018-11-29
Political Director
Political Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-17

"Simple, intuitive platform for customer outreach"

Comments: I love them and the team are incredibly responsive, and they've opened up a whole new channel for us to engage with our customers/constituents

Pros: Amazing, intuitive user interface. No technical background needed to implement. Amazingly thoughtful and responsive team, with a growing product that will only get better. Avochato made having a unified SMS front for our constituents super easy.

Cons: Sometimes it's hard to find old conversations while using the mobile version of the app, but that might be user error

• Reviewed on 2018-11-17
Jim M.
Inside Sales Director
  • Reviewed on 2017-08-30

"Great product and amazing customer service."

Pros: Acochato is a great tool for my inside sales team of six. With this program my team is able to always be in contact with our prospects and no one drops the ball. If my team has any questions at all the support team is amazing. We work with the support team and he is able to answer any questions we have right then and there.

• Reviewed on 2017-08-30
Adam C.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-06-21

"Super easy to set up and when any issues arise, support is prompt."

Pros: Very clean interface, everything makes sense organizationally speaking, and most importantly, it integrates right into our CRM software.

Cons: Nothing really. Once in a blue moon there is a deliverability glitch but in the (I think) almost year we've been using it I can only recall 2 times, and I'm the only user.

• Reviewed on 2018-06-21
Kim R.
Co-founder
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-18

"Integration to Shopify"

Comments: The Avochato support team is awesome! Super helpful and extremely responsive.

Pros: Avochato’s integration with Shopify gives us the ability to contact our customer through the most relevant means — text messages. This feature is a bonus on top of Avochato’s use of use.

Cons: I really don’t have a negative on this software.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-18
Expansion Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-16

"Best text manager so far!"

Comments: We are using it to keep in touch with high value customers for our real-estate product.

Pros: Very useful, easy to use and gets the job done needed with the tools at hand!

Cons: However, in order to update the chats you need to keep refreshing.. not real-time

Jerry F.
CRO
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-16

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: Great experience with my account rep, customer service, and tech support!

Pros: Ease of use and short learning curve to expedite implementation.

Cons: Short-code very costly for a small agency like mine.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-16
Board Member
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-17

"Great Solution"

Comments: Overall experience was great. I would recommend this service to anybody looking for a texting solution.

Pros: A single point of contact for all texting needs. From filtering to one-to-one messaging, Avochato is a great solution for your texting needs.

Cons: Mobile app needs some work. Functionality​ doesn't match the website feature list.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-17
Diego N.
Owner/ Managing Director
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

"Good texting"

Pros: Great to reach out to customers for a large company

Cons: A little too pricey for a small company.

Jeremy L.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

"Avochato Review"

Comments: It was another way to contact clients. The downside again was having to do it one an individual basis.

Pros: I like being able to contact my clients at whatever hours needed. I can also always have support with the text to call feature.

Cons: It was not reliable would not always notfiy clients. Also, not being able to send out mass messages was a big problem

Junior Venture Analyst
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-16

"Great to improve customer service and personality"

Comments: Great sales guy - definitely something that we will consider

Pros: The massage features, easy surveys, mass text's and automation

Cons: That it is not possible to kickstart a survey

Eden B.
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-19

"Nice App"

Comments: overall its a great app

Pros: I like that one can manage everything from one platform

Cons: i didn't feel the need to pay for the app when i can get something similar for free

• Reviewed on 2018-11-19
Ryan Z.
Director of Development
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-23

"Great business tool for information gathering and communication."

Comments: Texting is still the best way to communicate with people. Its the most read communication tool we have and Avachato has a lot of great features to make text messaging effective for your business.

Pros: I really enjoy some of the features this software allows you. 1 - it can connect to a landline so that you can use a pre-existing number and one that people will associate with your company. 2 - the survey feature allows you to gather information from people and store it effectively for future use.

Cons: Takes some time to get used to hoe to use the platform. As with anything, there is a little learning curve before you can really maneuver the platform and use it well.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-23
Noah H.
AE
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-07

"Love it!!"

Pros: Love how it makes it so much easier to connect to clients via text vs email, really makes a personal connection and adds that personal touch. Highly recommend!

• Reviewed on 2018-03-07
Chef
Food Production, 2-10 Employees

"avo"

Pros: super easy to use, very streamlined. Will be back once it's updated

Cons: Not very intuitive, could use some updating on features

Andrea fabiola M.
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

"Great overall experience."

Comments: It's been awesome, the customer support is A1 quality, they are responsive and solve your issues super fast. The pricing for the service is great. Pverall all of our team members love avochato.

Pros: We can text, call and receive calls from our customers and providers. The tagging system lets you know which type of contact and several other customizable tags you may want to add. You can create broadcast and even schedule text messaging for whatever purpose you may need it.

Cons: when using through smartphone app it doesn't let you see your contact's tags and it can be annoying. It doesn't integrate with CRMs

Andrew K.
Senior Program Manager
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-01-11

"Awesome tool, ripe for automation"

Comments: Avochato has been a great asset to our customer-focused team and I highly recommend it.

Pros: Super easy to procure, implement, and start using. It also integrates really, really nicely with Zapier which makes it a pleasure to use in automated workflows. Their support has also been good when I've needed to contact them.

Cons: There's really nothing I don't like about it, it contained exactly the features we were looking for and the cost is reasonable.

• Reviewed on 2021-01-11