About Avochato

SMS texting and live chat for business has never been easier than with Avochato's solutions for teams, marketers and contact centers.

Learn more about Avochato

Pros:

The mobile app is very user-friendly and easy to use as well.

Cons:

When using through smartphone app it doesn't let you see your contact's tags and it can be annoying. It doesn't integrate with CRMs.

Avochato ratings

4.7
4.8
4.5
4.6

8.9/10

Avochato has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 131 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Avochato before?

Andrea Fabiola
Andrea Fabiola
CEO in Venezuela
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees

Great overall experience.

Comments: It's been awesome, the customer support is A1 quality, they are responsive and solve your issues super fast. The pricing for the service is great. Pverall all of our team members love avochato.

Pros:

We can text, call and receive calls from our customers and providers. The tagging system lets you know which type of contact and several other customizable tags you may want to add. You can create broadcast and even schedule text messaging for whatever purpose you may need it.

Cons:

when using through smartphone app it doesn't let you see your contact's tags and it can be annoying. It doesn't integrate with CRMs

Tara
Owner in US
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees

Awesome all-in-one tool for one-to-one SMS/MMS communications and blast marketing!

Comments: Avochato has upped our CS game by 1000%. Customers tell us every day how nice it is to be able to text with us. It's awesome that we can use just one service for both CS communications and marketing blasts. Customers being able to text our regular business phone number is a game changer. We used to have one number to call us, another for one-to-one texting, and another one for blast marketing campaigns. It was super confusing and annoying for my staff and my customers. We also use the website widget, keywords, and automated surveys to promptly interact with our customers. The best part about Avochato is their AMAZING customer service! Quick, friendly, and always very helpful. In the past, I've had people at tech companies talk down to me because I am female and also because I run a retail/service business in an interesting industry. I've never once been talked down to by the staff at Avochato. Their few and far between bugs are addressed promptly. Rollouts of new features seem to very well tested because there is rarely a hiccup. Overall.... Love it!! It's just what my business needed.

Pros:

Love the ease of use!! It feels super light weight, even though it has a ton more features than similar services I've used. Customer service is 100% top notch!! (Shout out to our rep!!)

Cons:

So far, there hasn't been much! I do wish that emojis/emoticons were a little less expensive to send (they count as 2 or 3 SMS messages, I can't remember exactly at this moment) because we are all so accustomed to adding those to texts without thinking much about them, but I've pared them down a bit from automated messages and it's helped a bit.

Alternatives Considered: Teckst

Reasons for Choosing Avochato: Tagging isn't working above, but we also used EZ Texting and FireText. They were very friendly and helpful, but neither platform did what I needed it to. I needed an all-in-one service/platform for seamless texting between one-on-one messaging and blast marketing, as well as an easy to use interface.

Reasons for Switching to Avochato: I had originally been interested in Teckst (before I knew of Avochato), but I had a very terrible interaction with one of their staff members named Evan. He would not explain anything about their service after I told him we were a company of fewer than 10 (we will be larger than that very shortly). I asked to speak to a manager after he was quite rude to me and he never bothered to respond to me, nor get me in contact with a manager. He told me "good luck" and that a manager would contact me if "they felt it was necessary". Maybe that service is good? Maybe it's not? Who knows because they were awful to interact with and I'm not interested in their services if that's the sort of customer service they offer.

Christopher
Belong Groups Assistant Director in US
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

Great product, but even better support.

5.0 last month New

Comments: The actual reason I'm on here to review Avochato this moment is that the customer service team has rocked and blown me away. We have been impressed multiple times, but this time stood out and I had to recognize and honor them. Here's what happened!During the week, I pressed a button that said "cleanup your contact list" thinking it might remove a couple super old contacts. NOPE - that sucker removed 2,698 of our contacts because of their inactivity in responding (this was my mistake - not Avochato's). In a panic at the realization of what happened, I saw that the removed contacts were still visible, but I couldn't figure out how to "mass-restore" all 2,698 contacts.We have notification messages being sent out today/tomorrow that are significant to our operation, and even though it's Saturday I reached out via text to the customer support number for Avochato. As expected, I received a message saying they are out of the office and would return my message as soon as possible when they get back in. I decided to simply respond to that note and said "Sorry to ask this on a Saturday, but is anyone available now? I have an urgent question regarding our account."To my surprise, someone wrote back and said, "Hi, how can I help you?" And the rest was history.They've now mass-restored all the contacts that were mistakenly removed, and our planned communications will be on time this weekend. Hats off to the support team at Avochato! You consistently hit set high standard!!

Pros:

Having the ability to mass text our people to get information out, including links/rsvp's/surveys has been fantastic.

Cons:

We utilize a project/volunteer management system called "monday.com" - we would love to see integration with the automations on there. The greatest improvement we could hope for would be to enable an automation that imports contacts on Avochato as they are created in Monday.com, and a way to mass update/sync our contact list quickly. We would also love to trigger sms message automations in monday.com through status changes!

Bradley
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Disappointed By Avochato: Do Not Recommend This Product

Comments: Poor

Pros:

The product is fairly easy to use, although a sloppy mobile interface and glitchy.

Cons:

To start, the pricing...then the sales team who was aggressively trying to renew the product when I had only used half of my credits during the year. There was no consideration or offer on the table. When I originally had conversations they did not have a nonprofit policy and when they added it they did not inform me or prorate. It is clear Avachato cares more e about making money then they do about customer satisfaction. This is an overpriced product for the delivery and level of customer care. And to top it off, after my service was cancelled, they required me to go into the system for a multi-step process to cancel it manually or else they would recharge my card. I went in to cancel and not only did it say that it was already cancelled, but it blocked me out. Boo Avochato. Better to find a better company who cares more about their cusomers and has lower prices. There's many options out there and this one is not the way to go.

Anna
EL Teacher in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Great product!

Comments: I am a teacher with student who don’t have access to internet and the best way to get a hold of them is by personal text and phone calls. Avochato cut the work I had to do in half and freed me up to teach and not just inform families about announcements at the school. They have great customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so friendly, patient, and walked me through setting up the app. When I had questions I texted her and she responded immediately so I didn’t need to waste time setting up and learning the software.

Pros:

This software is user-friendly and I love that I can send messages to pre-created groups. I also love that it comes with its own phone number with the area code I live in so people don’t think it’s junk mail.

Cons:

None - it is so through it has all the features I wanted.

Alternatives Considered: EZ Texting

Reasons for Switching to Avochato: They don’t have a personal phone number so some of their texts get blocked. Avochato has great customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked me through the software and told me about the features that I would need for my purposes. I don’t know if EZ texting allowed me to send to pre-created groups.

Andrew
Senior Program Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Awesome tool, ripe for automation

Comments: Avochato has been a great asset to our customer-focused team and I highly recommend it.

Pros:

Super easy to procure, implement, and start using. It also integrates really, really nicely with Zapier which makes it a pleasure to use in automated workflows. Their support has also been good when I've needed to contact them.

Cons:

There's really nothing I don't like about it, it contained exactly the features we were looking for and the cost is reasonable.

Alternatives Considered: TextMagic and Twilio

Reasons for Switching to Avochato: Avochato was simpler to use, had the features we needed, and was less costly.

Nordelene
Nordelene
data profiler in Philippines

creative and usable

Comments: Overall experience is very fantastic. worth it to recommend to everyone.

Pros:

i like the features of the app. it is easy to use and attractive. It help us to communicate to the possible prospect of your business.

Cons:

More improvement interms of exchanging conversation because it takes a little time to recievea and sent messages.

Sam
Sam
Digital Services Administrator in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Effective transactional SMS platform. Less than perfect VoIP platform

Comments: We are able to step up our ability to handle SMS communications and website questions by placing such requests in an interface our staff already uses. Existing needs such as website support were also consolidated into a single service.

Pros:

Conveniently integrates into Slack, a 3rd party team communication software we use for real time messaging. This allows CSR's to respond immediately to SMS messages. It also shows whether a message has been responded to, and by who. Our primary VoIP service has an anemic SMS solution that required workarounds to get it functioning as a group message-response platform and we had a separate platform that we used to provide website support responses. This fit neatly into that niche, and the only workaround needed is forwarding messages from our primary VoIP platform into this service, and then responding to the original party from Avochato. We're able to completely do away with the old website support platform and all the attendant complexities of maintaining multiple platforms. Since Avochato integrated into our existing team communication platform, that's essentially the only account they need to log into on a daily basis.

Cons:

It doesn't offer SIP provisioning for VoIP devices. Also, extension management isn't yet a thing. It wouldn't work as a primary VoIP service, but it works well as an auxiliary service.

Lateef
Lateef
Founder and CEO in Mexico

Avochato Use

Pros:

We love the product, simple to use and implement across the team. We use it for both day to day business as well as broadcast marketing. The ROI is great, the ease of use simple and feature requests are handled promptly.

Cons:

At first we faced some challenges on the marketing end, when we got on the phone with our rep, he and his team implemented changes to customize the software for us and everything has been well since. Just ask them I would say.

Producing Area Manager in US
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Avochato the best texting solution after a long time researching!

Comments: Again, powerful, cost effective, and the Avochato support is amazing! This is the new way of connecting with my past clients. Snail mail and email is dead!

Pros:

It's powerful, cost effective, and the Avochato support is amazing! I was concerned that I may not be a large enough customer to warrant much one on one attention, but that is not the case at all. Every time I reach out I have a quick response! Several times they connected through a live video meeting to walk me through my scenario and questions on my computer.

Cons:

More customization when it comes to exporting and sorting contacts, but they took my suggestions and have actively made adjustments and programmed new custom features.

Shane
Software Engineer in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Avochato is the easiest SMS product to use and setup. It's fast and my customers love it, too.

Comments: The categories are very specific to what I'm looking for. The reviews are helpful and it's a great way to explore new products.

Pros:

The free trial was critical in helping me make my decision to use Avochato. I was able to test the full product's features at my own pace, and once I tested it with customers I was impressed. My customers were very impressed with my quick response times as well. I love that I can text my customers either from the web dashboard, from the mobile friendly dashboard, or from the iPhone app. The integration with Slack is amazing, as I can now text folks back from the "Threads" feature in Slack too. My entire team is on Avochato (support and marketing), and we are responding to both support requests via SMS as well as new leads coming in from our AdWords account. Avochato integrates with AdWords to have new leads text directly into Avochato. They even have a bot that can be configured to answer common questions and collect information. This saves our team so much time and headaches. The design of the product is great...and who doesn't love avocados!

Cons:

I wish Avochato could automate almost all of our customer interactions. It would be amazing if it resolved all of our support requests without the assistance of our agents. The current bot works well but if it could be customizable we could use it for more of our use cases. We'd also love to see it transcribe voicemails and calls into text format.

5 years ago

Thank you! We're glad to help. You touched on some very interesting ideas in the "Cons" section around automation -- since your review, we've been building out a number of tools such as templates and keywords to help our customers save time/effort in composing their texts. But we're going to be taking it much further than that ... stay tuned!

Gene
Business Development in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Stop Searching! Seriously just go with these guys!

Comments: The team at Avochato has been exeptional! They always got right back to me with all my questions. Were very helpful and a great pleasure to do business with! I highly recommend using them for your text message marketing and to take your business to a new level in staying in communication with your customers!

Pros:

Like the Survey feature. We can use it to gather basic info from our customers saving us both time. Love how easy and intuitive the framework is. You can tag your customers in many ways and broadcast to the specific groups your message would mean the most to using those tags. This way you can be more focused and do not waste texts needlessly. We have our customers birthday in their tag and every day we can send out a Happy Birthday message to the right people. It makes them feel special! You can program auto responses for as many keywords as you need. They have an app for both IPhone an Android that works together with their software so you never miss a text!

Cons:

Had to think about this a bit... I guess free incoming messages would be nice. It is a challenge to keep your message within the 160 character limit. I'm sure this is an industry standard but if you go over it just sends multiple segments. This means if you send 2 segments to 200 people you use up 400 of your texts to do it. Like I said though I'm sure its an industry standard set by the carriers and there's most likely nothing they can do about it.

Ariana
Guest Relations in US

Mainstream and easy

Comments: Mainstream, (everyone texts) simple, and great guest experience when they can simply text us questions about their upcoming vacation or any maintenance issues when the arrive.

Pros:

What I like most about this software is it gives not only our guests and vendors a mainstream and easy way to communicate with us but Avochato is also very user friendly, simple and an overall amazing platform for commercial purposes. The text Broadcast feature is a great way for use to send a que’d message to over 1,000 in-house guest timely and efficiently. Customization is also something I have been very impressed with this company. Our tech team has worked hard with them to meet our needs as a small company to ensure we are using all features and resources to the greatest extent we can.

Cons:

I can’t complain much, truthfully. One thing that our company is working with Avochato on is automatic “close-out” of our housekeeping survey. The company has worked diligently and closely with us to help meet our very personal needs.

Nick
Growth in US

You should have set up Avochato with your business yesterday

Comments: Consider this review a raving endorsement. For those of you on the fence about whether you should be sending text messages to your customers - start testing it with your personal cell phone first. Then imagine those results across your entire funnel. You'll be kicking yourself for not starting sooner.

Pros:

LIke most seasoned sales and marketing professionals, I'm always looking for an edge to increase engagement with potential customers and existing customers by optimizing email subject lines/copy and calling my leads/customers over the phone. There is something magical about finding a tool or trick in 2019 that can boost engagement 3-4%, every channel is so saturated that small numbers move the needle. Avochato has increased our engagement 30%+ and we haven't even begun optimizing our outreach copy. Customers and leads are significantly more likely to engage via text than over email/phone. I almost hesitate to recommend Avochato because I want it to be my team's secret weapon!

Cons:

There is room to improve on the UX/UI of the mobile product and additional integrations that would be nice to have. Neither of these 'flaws' remotely impact the instant effectiveness that I've been able to generate using Avochato though.

Stephen
Owner in Canada
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

After trying every texting software, we went with Avochato

Comments: The customer service is top-notch. The rep is amazing to deal with and very quick to get back to us regarding any questions we have. Their customer service alone puts them in another league compared to the other companies and I have tried and used all of the mainstream platforms.

Pros:

It is very user-friendly and has tons of features. This is one of the only platforms in which you can have a private inbox so users cannot see other people's messages. In most other platforms, users can still see messages that don't belong to them. Avochato also has a calling feature built-in that allows you to make calls from the same number which is great. It is also very easy to switch between inboxes (phone numbers) if you have multiple inboxes. The mobile app is very user-friendly and easy to use as well.

Cons:

It doesn't have the ability to bring Facebook messages in (I understand they are implementing this soon) which isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Paige
Recruiting Coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Chat Review

Comments: Its more benefical for my co-workers and I to use this software instead of our own phones. We have the ablility to all see the messages and be able to respond if/when needed. I do wish there was a private chat feature where you and only you can see the message between yourself and the person your chatting with. It would be nice to be able to open that private chat to all if wanted to needed. -Over all it has made communicating with our caregivers alot easier as well.

Pros:

I like that the Avochato software can be used on your mobile device and computer. I also like that there is an APP that can be used as well.

Cons:

Boradcast do not work as effectiley as I thought it would. When sending group text via broadcast the messages do not come in right.

Carlos
Minister in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

Good but not the best

Pros:

It provides a very nice platform and a user friendly web environment.

Cons:

I can't handle independent group conversations for different user names without them having to have a separate number. Plus, it doesn't support Spanish characters.

Brooke
Guest Services Manager in US

Ease & Efficiency

Comments: Not only drinking the koolaid but I’m eating the guac! I’ve experienced the progression of Avochato. The team actively listens and rapidly responds to your business needs.

Pros:

It’s the people! Avochato support team is not only quick to acknowledge your request, but reliably provides solution(s) or an alternative method. Other notable pros- ease of sending one or 1,000 messages with a few clicks, custom fields & templates for mass broadcasting, broadcast analytics

Cons:

Lack of reporting. Interested in exporting data from broadcasts, tags, contacts. Ie: contacts that have replied stop or start ‘Out of Office Reply’ interested in the functionality of sending ooo replies to any contact who reaches us outside of business hours, not just to new contacts.

Blake
CIO in US
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees

Super easy SMS platform that will drastically helped our customer experience

Comments: Our market has proven that people are more likely to communicate over SMS now. Avochato gives us that capability that proved to be quick to deploy and use. We have increased our outreach capability with little effort and our customers love it.

Pros:

Pros: Everything! The platform is very easy and intuitive to use, and new users are able to be onboarded in seconds with little training needed. Broadcasts are very easy to set up and save for use later. My biggest praise for Avochato is their support team and management team. They actually listen to feedback, help very quickly, and build features in their roadmap very quickly. I cannot say enough about Avochato. The simplicity of Avochato has drastically increased our customer experience, communication and agility across our entire company. "We're not just drinking the Kool-Aid, we're eating the Guac!"

Cons:

I'd like to see improvements to reporting and analytics. Instead of just showing how many segments have been send/received, more insightful performance statistics would help a lot for measurement purposes.

Teresa
HR Operations in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Positive. Excellent customer service and response time.

Comments: We were able to have a desktop version, which is what we lacked in the last service we used.

Pros:

When we first signed up with Avochato, it was missing some features we really needed. The Avochato team was more than willing to develop the features we needed and work with us to make it exactly what my team needed. They are extremely helpful and open to improvements. I feel confident that we will be able to use this service as our company grows.

Cons:

Avochato was missing some features that we really needed, but the Avochato team was able to develop and/or change the features to suit us. Some bugs have come from that, but that's to be expected.

5 years ago

Teresa, it has truly been a pleasure working with you and your team. We are delighted that you are getting great results from Avochato. You touched on a few things that set us apart: our customer-first mentality, our speedy response time, and our willingness to develop features our customers want and need. We did have a couple bugs pop up with newly developed features -- thanks to you and team for helping us troubleshoot and squash those. Looking forward to continuing to build together.

Operations Associate in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Excellent with a couple huccups

Comments: We are reaching lots of individuals quickly. Avochato support is quick to respond via text or email when issues arise.

Pros:

I liked it being user friendly and that it meets the demands for our company. I like how Avochato is willing to work with us to make it better and more personalized for our type of business.

Cons:

The app does not load fast enough for us to look for the information we need if we are out and about. The app has crashed and difficult in times when we need to make phone calls.

Melanie
Book and Product reviewer in US
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

Let people text you

Comments: This program makes it easier for me and my team to stay on top of things. We love the communication we have with our clients now. I recommend this program to all. My small business is running even more smoothly with this program.

Pros:

I really like the option of texting, live chat or calling. It gives me the flexibility I need. Customers can reach me or team members with ease. I've gotten positive feedback from my clients and my team. It's easy to use and customize to my business.

Cons:

I really haven't found a down side to this program.. yet. I may in time though. I'm pleased with it so far.

Jill
Operations manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is tops!

Comments: Very good!

Pros:

The ease of use if use and versatility is key in our industry.

Cons:

That so many people can use this and not just the text but call quality are good.

President in US
Computer Hardware, 201-500 Employees

We feel more like a partner than just another customer.

Comments: Excellent, fast, immediate communication and responses from our field employees

Pros:

The support. The people who handle support. and the people who understand the support you need. The technology works very well, and when we have issues or questions, the Support is amazing. The software has helped us communicate with a few hundred of our employees more easily than email or anything else we have tried. Our employees would rather text than communicate any other way. The software is solid now, and getting even better with each release

Aparna
Director, Technical Services and Support in US

Intuitive and easy to use product to manage customer communications

Pros:

Quick setup with no development time - bonus points because it worked seamlessly when we transitioned our core Phone systems from one provider to another. Free trial that helps you assess the product with no risk. The customer support is super quick and responsive to help with any questions.

Cons:

We would've liked integration with Support software like Zendesk /Freshdesk. While the product met our team's needs, it might need advanced user access management.

5 years ago

Thanks Aparna! Glad you've enjoyed the product and our support. We use our own product to support our customers, which is part of why we're so quick! (Never trust a company that doesn't use its own products in-house!) We are working on more advanced user access / permissions management for some of our customers that want limited team access to certain messages. We are also looking at new integrations and can definitely take Zendesk/Freshdesk into consideration. Thanks again for your feedback and your business.