Google Docs Reviews

4.7 (27,655) Write a Review!

About Google Docs

Web-based app designed to store, create, and edit spreadsheets and documents online. Templates, charting and commenting are available.

Learn more about Google Docs

Pros:

This is a ubiquitous tool to create and share secure and free documents. It provides most of the prominent features of MS Office365 without the subscription fee.

Cons:

When my internet is bad, it get stuck and I can’t type anymore. When you live in the mountains thats frustrated sometimes.

Google Docs ratings

4.7
4.3
4.5
4.8

9.2/10

Google Docs has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 27,655 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Docs before?

Filter reviews (27,655)

German Liber
German Liber
Event Planner in Argentina
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

The best cloud-based, auto-saving office suite, in the world!

Comments: Google Docs it's free, easy to try and use, and that's what matters the most. I didn't need to use something really powerful to classify all of that movies so my overall experience with it is great. I think that it have really elegant templates and useful tools. The whole thing works fast and good.

Pros:

For my film series project in the city I live in, I had to keep a record of the movies we screened and the ones we would present at the complex. It was a massive list, and I even had to separate them in colors (the one I subtitled and the ones I didn't have the translation yet), weeks, days, months (because every month was a different movie theme) and even the times we would repeat them. Google Docs was able to do all of that, for free, with an Autosave option that literally saves every thing you write or correct, in a matter of seconds,  you can make a lot of tabs, text docs, slides presentations, and it even gives you the option to open a whole white board and draw on it. Collaboration with partners it's really easy with the Docs free suite, you can edit anything and the other user will see the changes almost instantly. And the best thing about it, it's that you only need a Google account, (everybody has one!).

Cons:

Page numbering, organizing and formatting can be faster on other office suites, Docs presents a few number of issues on it. Also, there is no password protection for documents, I would really like to use that.

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbaijan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great word processor for Offline and Online team working with rich features

Comments: It’s a real business handy text and document editor and a great word processor that I use every day via my mobile and tablet everywhere and I've continued my writing and editing via my desktop pc in the office. It saves you time and the result you get is great because it also exports docs to PDFs and other common files. It helps a lot in creating articles and writing official letters and it is a very fast and smart word editor.

Pros:

It has all the features needed to edit and create a text and create a new document, and when you write the new text or edit any document is automatically saved, and if you are connected to the Internet, it is stored in the cloud, and if you do not have Internet access, it is saved on your device, then It is automatically saved and synced in Google Cloud after connecting to the Internet. Files are always available offline or you can access to the via Google Doc cloud storage anytime, anywhere and all these premium features are completely free, and you can always back up, edit or share files and documents with anyone easily.

Cons:

In my opinion, since Google Doc automatically saves edited documents, it should always have a backup copy of the original version that can be accessed if necessary.

Paula
Director in UK
Hospitality, Self Employed

Effective Document Creation Made Easy with Automatic Saving and Cloud Storage

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I can't say enough about how essential Google Docs has become in my document creation, editing, and collaboration process. It's incredibly user-friendly, with a smooth interface that makes working on documents a breeze. The cloud-based nature of Google Docs ensures that my documents are securely stored and accessible from anywhere, anytime. This flexibility allows me to work on my documents from different devices, whether I'm at the office, home, or on the go a real bonus.Plus, with automatic saving, I never have to worry about losing my work which I can easily do and it automatically uses the first line of my document text to name the document which can be a time saver.

Pros:

Google Docs has become an integral part of my daily routine with its intuitive interface and ease of use. Creating documents is a breeze, whether I'm starting from scratch or converting Word documents for further editing. The familiar formatting options and comprehensive writing tools allow me to craft professional-looking documents with ease.One of the standout features of Google Docs is its ability to convert Word documents. This feature is incredibly useful when I receive files in different formats that need to be amended or edited. With Google Docs, I can effortlessly import Word documents, make necessary changes, and save them back in the desired format.Another noteworthy feature of Google Docs is its powerful search functionality. With a simple keyword search, I can quickly locate specific documents within my extensive library, saving valuable time and effort.

Cons:

I don't have any cons really, I find using google docs simple, straightforward and intuitive. It does what I need it to do.

Daniel
CEO in UK

Welcome alternative to Microsoft Word, but still lacking some of the more powerful features

Comments: Excellent on the move, in browser (as long as you use Chrome) document editing that can rival MS Word for most use cases. An incredible collaborative writing experience when working with a team of authors and going through an iterative review and correct process. Far better than 'track changes' Integration with Google Drive and ecosystem of other office suite products

Pros:

Simply the best thing about Google Docs is the realtime version controlled collaborative writing features. If you are jointly writing a document as a team, this works so much better than typical dogged workflows of sharing docx files with tracked changes by email. The material design interface is familiar and enjoyable if you like Google products. It is rapidly becoming a UI standard which means the barrier to entry is low. Availability of apps for many mobile and tablet platforms is welcome, although they do not necessarily work as well as the web version. This is a difficult thing to get right, and GDocs is certainly ahead of Word mobile. Really nice base styles and encouragement of good authorship practice promoting the use of styles rather than the common practice of changing the font size in Word. Really great handling of fonts from the Google font library Nice integration with Sheets for the inclusion of data in reports

Cons:

Scripting and templating is light years behind Microsoft Word Mail merge (no need to say more, where is it?) Handling of footnotes and references More control over typography would be nice, especially when it comes to things like tables and bulleted lists Tables are very primitively implemented

Annie
Team Lead, Customer Success in Chile
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

My Long Term Experience with Google Docs

Comments: Overall, Google Docs is a great tool for creating and managing documents. It is easy to use, and the range of features it offers makes it suitable for a variety of tasks. However, it can be slow to save changes, and some users may find the interface confusing.

Pros:

Google Docs is an incredibly useful and versatile document creation tool. It's easy to use, with a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features. It allows users to collaborate on documents with others, and to access and edit documents from anywhere. It also offers a range of formatting and styling options, making it suitable for a wide variety of documents.

Cons:

The main issue with Google Docs is that it can be slow to save changes to documents, particularly when working with large files. Additionally, some users find the interface to be a bit cluttered and difficult to navigate.

Abhishek
Abhishek
Owner in India
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Google docs user review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I am in love with the Google docs. My team can create documents and share can share with me in no time. I can check and very the document and also I can write the comments wherever needed. This makes our work faster and complete the work quickly. I also can monitor who is writing to the document. Same document can used to write and review by multiple people at the same time.

Pros:

Google docs is very easy to use. Creating a document and sharing with your team members is one of the great features. Your team members can also write the comment of the matter written with changing the original content, which makes it very helpful to keep the document updated. The most important feature is it saves the content written automatically so that data will be safe if in case the document is accidentally closed. You can import any MS word document by going to file and import document. One can also export the document to MS world and pdf. Google docs also has a feature to add charts to showcase the data. It has great features and pre created templates. You can choose templates from list of pre created templates according to your needs, it saves most of your time and efforts. You can save your time in creating and updating the document with Google docs.

Cons:

It needs an active internet connection to use the Google docs. You cannot use Google docs offline.

Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Google Docs Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Google docs us an all time easy app to use and to an extent inexpensive. Among the major features I love about it is that files are accessible anywhere and on different devices either tablet, smartphone or computer since everything thing is stored in cloud. It is also free as long as you have a google account and it also comes with a free 15 gb storage which is quite amazing compared to other apps. Another great thing about Google docs is that it supports a number of file formats that include PDFs, doc, rar, xls and others, making it easy for file editing and another thing I love the most is that the sharing of files is so easy even with team members that do not have Google accounts by simply allows them to add comments on docs, edit entire files or simply view the. Lastly, Google docs come with a solid backup, that is, the Google Drive and wether your device gets damaged or anything, you still get your files as you saved them intact.

Cons:

One major issue is that Google Docs depends on internet for it to sync with Google Drive content and stay updated with the changes you have made.

Kaschief
Aviation specialist in Jamaica
Airlines/Aviation, 11–50 Employees

An Excellent Software to use for documents and functional tools

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent software to work with.

Pros:

Range of features, easy to use. Overall a great software for creating applications, resume, memorandums. Useful tools to help develop your documents. Also good for collaboration with colleagues.

Cons:

Bad internet may affect the processing speed.

Prashant
Prashant
Sr. IT Infrastructure Engineer in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Convient, collaboration, Secure, Productive Tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It helps me manage and share docs files anywhere in the world. We can also mange the permission of files. Its highly secure and got various templates which makes it simple to use. Version history feature create lots of difference if we compare it another product.

Cons:

No cons find yet, Easy to use and easily integrated with other Google Workspace apps such as Google Drive, Google Calendar, and GMail.

suyog
suyog
Operation Manager in India
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

My Great Experience with Google Docs

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall experience with Google docs is great and will continue to use.

Pros:

I find it to be perfectly functional, and I adore this. helps me save a lot of time because I can easily communicate with clients and colleagues.At our company, we adore Google Docs' simplicity in information sharing. To exchange any form of documentation, we use it frequently.

Cons:

The file management mechanism in Google Docs is what I enjoy least about it. I would adore being able to drag and drop files and browse folders from within the Docs app, as well as see my Google Drive folders on Google Docs.

Ken
President in US

Google Doc's Change the way you think

Comments: This is an entire brain shift. To realize I no longer have to download a doc to my laptop, edit, save and upload makes my brain hurt. I just grab a tablet and work.. If you are young, in my opinion it is the way to go. I wish it was available 40 years ago, I would not be so set in my ways.

Pros:

First off, to move from an install software to a cloud based software you HAVE to change the way you think. I am old, I sell GSuite, O365 and install LibreOffice. It has taken me a long time to embrace what I can do with Google Doc's I went from using it once a month to once a day. There is so much I can do from my phone Google Docs gives you the freedom to be fully mobile, Phone, Tablet, Desktop, Laptop. You ALWAYS have access to your docs if you can connect to the internet.

Cons:

This is tough, It is a love hate relationship. If your network connection sucks, your access sucks. I no longer can open up my laptop where there is no internet and work. So, I use the hot spot on my phone, except when I am on the phone the hot spot cuts off. So a bought a hot spot for the car so I can talk and type.

Sridhar
Chief Technology Officer in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Simple, Easy Document Workspace for Enterprise Teams

Comments: Overall Google docs still is one of our top tools specially with working remotely and distributed teams. Google docs has helped us to get our content off the ground during our initially days as a start-up to now a SMB. Instant collaboration and co-authoring documents has been fun, easy and productive with Google Docs.

Pros:

Google Docs is a free product from Google. This was our first and initially only online collaboration tool we had used in our company. Working with Google Docs is absolutely effortless and dead easy. Think of it like a MS Word online but for group. We have extensively used and some of our internal teams still use it heavily on a daily basis for collaborating on course content creation, e-learning material, queries, question answers, mock series etc. Sharing with our external students, partners, vendors and freelancers have become much easy and above all we do it tracking complete authority as well as responsibility as we can see and track changes easily.

Cons:

One thing that we really and badly wanted the ability to structure our documents, files etc,. While you can easily create folder-like structure but we wanted more of content tree-like structure.

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Awesome Tool for Collaboration!

Comments: We use google docs on a daily basis amongst our team, we use it extensively for documentation of the features we develop which includes planning, design & discussion regarding the feature. Google Docs ability to allow multiple collaborators to edit & view the document at the same time is a very good feature since it allows for a very good discussion regarding the feature we want to develop as every developer can put forth their opinion, the ability to add comments also is a feature that we use a lot, we use it for adding reviews to each and every part of the document pointing out changes or mistakes in the document. Absolutely love the product!

Pros:

Google docs offer a ton of features especially for collaborative development which is what we engage in the most, its features like permission rights-based access, multiple collaborators editing/viewing one document, and the ability to add comments in the document to give feedback is something that I like & use the most of Google Docs.

Cons:

Its offline editing feature could be improved, but I am genuinely satisfied with the product.

Tureen Punit
Tureen Punit
Data Engineer and DBA in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Why I love using Google Docs!

Comments: I am using Google Docs every day to create documents, edit them, and share them across my organization. I find it easy to use and navigate. It comes with all the adequate features needed to create both simple and sophisticated documents conveniently. I love the fact that the files are saved automatically which saves me from the fear of losing my progress due to any disruption. Also, all the files created here can be readily accessed from Google Drive makes it more convenient.

Pros:

Google Docs is easy to use and lets a user create documents without any hassle. It has an intuitive interface and is easy to navigate as well. Google Docs provides strong collaboration and document-sharing features. Users can share a file with others using the generated link and can track changes in the documents as well. Another biggest pro of Google Docs is the fact that is free to use, which makes it a great solution for document management.

Cons:

I love using Google Docs as it lets me create, edit, share, and save documents with ease. I haven't found anything that would make me dislike Google Docs till now.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Google Docs is great for collaborating in business

Comments: I can keep all my documents in one place. I also keep all client documents in their own folders and share their specific information with them to keep it secure and organized.
We also use templates and make copies of them instead of having to recreate the document every time.

Pros:

It is easy to store and work on documents for personal and business use. With Google Workspace, you get more storage and better security. I like how it integrates in Gmail so easily and is easy to share with someone just by adding their email address. Working together is seemless as it shows who is working on the doc with you and where they are typing in the doc. It works even better when using along side Zoom or Google Meet.

Cons:

Some of the security features are a bit confusing, but likely more than most people need. If you forget to set offline mode for a document, you might have to wait to use it if you have network issues.

Jeheen Mahmood
Jeheen Mahmood
Senior Data Analyst in Bangladesh
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Do we even need to discuss how cool this tool is?!!!

Comments: This is the backbone of our office admin work. We use it for collaborating with the clients, they review and comment on the docs before we can finalize and go for signing or live work. We use this for our meeting agendas and also for simple documentation and training.

Pros:

I like nearly everything about this tool. I can literally work from any computer, anywhere as long as I can access my Google Docs files. I worked on a few things during the last holidays, at the hotel we were staying (wife was not happy). I had an urgent task to review and I pulled up the files in a borrowed computer, finished the task, cleaned all history for security (it was a borrowed computer after all) and was off to the beach. Google docs provides a lot of extra add-ons which comes in really handy. Though most of the top shelf stuff are paid, not free like the Google docs itself. But they really make your life easier. And they are adding more functionality over time!

Cons:

Only downside I have found in my years of use is the files get sluggish if there is a lot of data. A desktop solution like MS Word opens up really fast and loads all the text and images/diagrams in a sec, but being a cloud app, Google doc takes a few seconds to respond if you have loaded tons of stuff in there. But that is unaviodable and I dont hold it against them. Another rare annoyance is the server issue. Again since it is a cloud service, the app can not be expected to be live 100% of the time. A couple years back it was getting more frequent, like multiple times in a month. But it is a lot more sable now. I havent seen such an error in months.

Charlotte
Onboarding Lead in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 10,000+ Employees

Smoother than SharePoint

Comments: Ultimately I prefer Google docs for collaborative projects, and more teams seem to be familiar with this software so we beat a learning curve by offering this option to work on first.

Pros:

In comparison to SharePoint, GoogleDocs is smoother with real time updates and the ability to grab/drag data in Excel. I also like the ability to create a shared document (for free) across companies for situations where you are collaborating with vendors or clients. You can also share documents with specific users (with or without gmail accounts) and get a shareable link with either 'view only' or 'ability to edit' options. For the most part all the functions you need are there and easy to use. You can create a file in the desktop office suite and upload it into Google Docs.

Cons:

You lose a lot of the functionality that you would get with the full office suite - specifically with excel. With SharePoint you have the option to open a document in the desktop version of excel and gain full functionality. I also run into issues with downloading documents from Google Docs and opening them in the desk top version of the office suite - for example with excel some rows download so small that they look hidden. Its a minor issue because you can format to fix the sizing of rows so they are all visible. However, pulling the document from SharePoint is good to go and you have more functionality while developing the document. FYI too that if you send the 'shareable link' and someone enters the document without being logged in to a google account they will show as an 'anonymous' animal (i.e. 'anonymous chinchilla'). This allows you to know how many people are logged in to a document at once (Pro) but you have no way of knowing which animal is which and feels less secure. Remember anyone on or off your network can access what you are sharing - which is good and also risky.

Jan
Media Artist in US
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Google Docs for Collaborative Work

Comments: I have asked my students to use Google Docs when writing their papers. They can easily share the paper with me and I can make comments, or if they give me permission, I can also edit. This is a great feature for collaborative work. I also have used it with colleagues when we were writing up a department document. Each of us made comments and additions, and were identified by different colors. This was quite helpful in compiling information from a group of people and keeping it straight as to who made changes to the document, as well as when the changes were made.

Pros:

For years I only used Microsoft Word to create documents, but once I figured out how I could leave comments so easily with Google Docs, I began to exclusively use this program. For the first time this year, I had students create PDFs of their photos with commentary. These PDFs were then uploaded to issuu.com. This was a great solution during this time of online classes as so many students don’t have access to a layout program like InDesign. They were able to make documents using Google Doc’s templates or creating their own layouts.

Cons:

You must have access to the internet to use this (at least that is my understanding). I do own Microsoft Word and I always used it offline. I am normally online all the time these days, so I don’t really see it as a problem for Google Docs, but I guess potentially that is a negative.

Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

What I like about Google Docs is that it is automatically backed up to the cloud.

Comments: All my team can collaborate in real time, each from their own computer. When we travel we have access to all our documents.

Pros:

I like most that my documents are automatically backed up to the cloud. If you've ever lost your work because of a hard drive failure you'll realize how nice this feature is for ensuring that you never lose your work. And, since it is backed up to the cloud that means instant access from anywhere. Even when I'm traveling I can access my documents from a client's computer - just log in and open it up! Wait!!!! What if you are flying on a plane without internet? No problem, just download the document to your computer and work on it even when you're not connected to the internet. Then, when you connect to the internet again, it automatically uploads and backs up your document. (I like things that are automatic. I have enough to do that I don't want to have to drag and drop, blah, blah, blah.) If you want to share your document you can, just specify who gets to see it and what they can do with it. You just want them to read it but not change it? That's possible. You want them to read it AND make changes to it? That's possible. Now, when people make changes Google automatically tracks who and when the changes were made. Don't like the changes? You can restore previous versions. Wait, there's more!!!!!! You and your team can ALL watch the document and the revisions happening in real time without the need for a fancy and expensive web conferencing program.

Cons:

In order to make changes to a document when collaborating other editors must have a Google account; otherwise it is just view only mode.

Research, 10,000+ Employees

A good free alternative to Microsoft Word

Comments: Honestly, I do not remember when was the last time I used Microsoft Word. I do not need it anymore. I have Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Drive and easy access to all Google Apps from all my devices. Even if I go for example to library, I can access any of my documents from their computer by logging in my Google Account. I do not need to copy my files to a USB stick or send it by email anymore. And everything is free.

Pros:

Google Docs is a free browser software to work with documents. It is integrated in Google Chrome being a part of Google Apps family. If you work with a regular document without hundreds of heavy pictures and complicated cross-reference (like you do in your PhD thesis), you will be perfectly fine with Google Docs. You can create and edit documents, add pictures, tables, footnotes, equations, table of content, format text and so on. Everything that you used to do in Microsoft Word. You can even do a voice typing and one-click translate here. But the most attractive feature is that you can easily access and work with your documents from your mobile devices and computers as all your documents are stored on-line. Synchronization is fast and good. Another amazing thing is that you can share your documents with other people and work on them together. There are also comments and chat to make working with other people more convenient.

Cons:

As it often happens with synchronization between multiple devices and especially multiple accounts, there are some issues. We have been working on translating a book, our team consisted of about 10 people, and the book was really long, so we created a separate document for each chapter. There was a long process of commenting, editing, more commenting, more editing of each chapter, all done by many people in the same time, in the same document. It did happen several times when Google Docs lost the latest version of our document and removed a big part of comments. Certainly some improvements could be done here. Another thing I would like to mention is quite disorganized documents view in Google Docs. It simply shows a list of documents recently changed or viewed. Not really user friendly.

Peter
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

The Best Document Sharing Platform Out There

Comments: My overall experience with Google Docs has been fantastic. I remember when previously using other word processors such as Microsoft Word, having my document saved on only one computer, not having access to it unless I had my computer with me, and how painful it was to share documents with others (save the doc, send it via email, hope it goes through, and hope that the individual receiving it also had Microsoft Word or something similar). Docs changed the game for me, especially in getting to college, collaborating on group projects with classmates, and starting to write more than ever. I could access my work from anywhere. I could collaborate so easily. And now I use Docs for everything that I do, from simple daily tasks like 'to-do lists' to client documents. The platform is easy to navigate, and the word processor in and of itself has all the features you need to get the job done for whatever you're writing. I'd be hard pressed to leave Docs behind anytime soon.

Pros:

Google Docs has truly made document creation, sharing, and accessibility a breeze with their platform. Their features allow me to take care of tasks as simple as my daily to-do list, to content creation in a safe space that is always backed up, to making documents to share with my clients and business partners and collaborators that I can easily share - all with simplicity and ease of use. I really enjoy the functionality of Google Docs in that I can turn the sharing settings on so that anyone with the link can view the document, essentially functioning as a website page or resource. I can then put other links of other docs all in one place, again functioning as a makeshift website. I enjoy the fact that Docs goes with me at all times and I can access my Documents so quickly and easily without any issues, even making updates to them when I'm offline if needed. And the ease of editing even when I've created a Doc to share with someone helps me to serve my clients best, even as my recommendations for them change. All in all, Docs is fantastic and there's no way I'd use another platform.

Cons:

There really isn't anything lacking for my needs when it comes to features within Docs. I would say it has it all and more.

CARLOS
CARLOS
Presidente in Venezuela

The best ally of students and teachers. Easy to use, access anywhere, allows teamwork.

Comments: I did not have to use any flash drives again. I access my documents in any place, and I find them exactly as I left them the last time I modified them. Everything is automatically saved in the cloud. It is truly incredible.

Pros:

Google docs is a word processor hosted in the google cloud. It allows to write documents in a collaborative way between one or more people. What I like most about this software is that it has an extremely intuitive interface, easy to use, similar to Microsoft Office Word. Therefore, you should not be an expert in technology to be able to use it. In my personal experience, as a university professor, I discovered that Google Docs perfectly adapts to the academic activities that I usually do. it makes the correction process much easier, since google docs records the work that each of the students has done. In this way I can corroborate that everyone has worked with the same level of dedication. On the other hand, the privacy settings of google docs, allows to share documents in a public way, allowing the editing, comments or only the visualization of documents by third parties. Likewise, it has no compatibility problems since it is hosted on the google platform that is automatically updated. the most incredible thing about this software is the fact of saying goodbye to flash drives. Google Docs automatically saves all the work we are doing in real time. Therefore we should not worry about the data, since it is automatically recorded and is available from any computer (mobile, tablet, computer) that has Internet access.

Cons:

I really do not find anything that I dislike about Google Docs. I consider that the google team has been able to perfect this useful tool over time. For me, it is very complete.

Was great, but now seriously useful for business, perhaps even indispensable.

Comments: Google Docs enabled us to quickly and easily interact with clients in a secure manner without any hassle for them to even manage a login. We see the changes live and collaborate seamlessly, in a way that surprises some users. In fact, some first-time users occasionally download and email us a copy of the document, amazed to learn later that it's a live document that lives in the cloud. Internal organisation also improved thanks to Google Docs, and I'm sure it will be an indispensable tool for a long time to come.

Pros:

- Any browser, anywhere, with simple link sharing and no sign in required for recipients. - Truly simultaneous editing with multiple users, and per-document messaging functions. - Cross platform, including constantly maintained tablet and phone apps, with good offline capabilities. - Great for document conversion (input from another format and output as several common but complex formats) - Complex features like mail merge capabilities that seem simpler to use than other common desktop apps. - Version control/history. - Copy and paste an image file or a graphic (like screenshot/screen snippet) straight into the document, so you don't feel like you're using a browser tool. - Increasingly rich functionality every few months I wouldn't expect as much from a paid service, but it's free.

Cons:

One of the things I would have mentioned as a downfall is now a feature in my list of Pros above, and thus the mention of increasingly rich features constantly added. There's not a lot not to like. Perhaps the only thing that gets in my way is issues with formatting when pasting, particularly on mobile devices. This may be a limitation of the mobile device/OS, but I encounter it most here in the Google Docs app, where formatting is lost, and pasting a complex table doesn't work like it does with open source desktop word processing apps.

Petar
self-employed in Bulgaria
Broadcast Media, Self Employed

Completely Easy, Completely Free and the BEST document sharing Ever!

Comments: My general involvement in Google Docs has been fabulous. I recall when beforehand utilizing other word processors, for example, Microsoft Word, having my archive saved money on just a single PC, not approaching it except if I had my PC with me, and that it was so excruciating to impart records to other people (save the doc, send it by means of email, trust it experiences, and expectation that the individual accepting it likewise had Microsoft Word or something comparable). Docs changed the game for me, particularly in getting to school, teaming up on gathering ventures with colleagues, and beginning to compose like never before. I could get to my work from anyplace. I could work together so without any problem. Furthermore, presently I use Docs for all that I do, from straightforward everyday undertakings like 'plans for the day to customer archives. The stage is anything but difficult to explore, and the word processor all by itself has all the highlights you require to take care of business for whatever you're composing. I'd be unable to abandon Docs at any point in the near future.

Pros:

Google Docs has genuinely made archive creation, sharing, and openness a breeze with its foundation. Their highlights permit me to deal with assignments as basic as my everyday daily agenda, to content creation in a protected space that is constantly sponsored up, to making archives to impart to my customers and colleagues and teammates that I can undoubtedly share - all no sweat of utilization. I truly appreciate the usefulness of Google Docs in that I can turn the sharing settings on so anybody with the connection can see the report, basically working as a site page or asset. I would then be able to place different connections of different docs across the board place, again working as an improvised site. I appreciate the way that Docs goes with me consistently and I can get to my Documents so rapidly and effectively with no issues, in any event, making updates to them when I'm disconnected if necessary. What's more, the simplicity of altering in any event, when I've made a Doc impart to somebody encourages me to serve my customers best, even as my proposals for the change. All things considered, Docs is awesome and it is extremely unlikely I'd utilize another stage.

Cons:

The geniuses extraordinarily exceed the cons here, yet one disadvantage is that all together for your work to naturally save, you should be associated with the web. On the off chance that you are not, you can't make alters to your doc. Furthermore, I have seen that individuals who don't have a google record can experience difficulty getting to the doc. To get around this, more often than not you can simply download and email the doc, however, on the off chance that it is a huge record, it will be unable to send over email.

Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

I LOVE Google Docs!

Comments: I use it every single day! Organization of notes, business plans, outlines, task lists, team efforts, and even my utility overview is used on Google Docs and makes my life easier.

Pros:

I've been using this software for years now and have migrated ALL of my Microsoft word documents to Google Docs because I can access it from anywhere, on any computer, smartphone or tablet as long as there is an internet connection. This makes my life WAY easier. I love how it has the same features as MSWord and how I can share it publicly or privately with other email addresses. And I love the "sections" adding by new title sections in the document making it easy to navigate. I also love the template designs which speeds up the process very fast. And it's great other team members can be allowed to edit a document. It is a complete all inclusive software that makes my life WAY easier and I will continue to use it daily like I have been.

Cons:

Two things only, even though I limit members from copying or printing, they still take screenshots of sensitive material. Perhaps adding a "NDA Agreement" section would help so sensitive material is not abused. Also, I have about a dozen different emails but it can be hard to remember or navigate to each docs sometimes, especially after stated "signed into too many accounts" which slows me down and makes matters confusing. If there was a way to make this easier to navigate, that would be awesome. I guess allowing other team members that edit a document to be easily distinguishable to who edited what would be highly beneficial as well.