15 years helping Canadian businesses

ConstructionOnline Reviews

About ConstructionOnline

Trusted by +850,000 pros as the all-in-one construction management software designed to help finish jobs on time and under budget.

Learn more about ConstructionOnline

Pros:

Overall its easy to navigate and they don't put a whole bunch of things that you will never use. They really do work hard to make it easy for us.

Cons:

The App that comes along with it gets stuck on a screen or 2 but I am working on that with the UDA team.

ConstructionOnline ratings

4.3
4.8
4.3
4.5

8.9/10

ConstructionOnline has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 530 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ConstructionOnline before?

Kevin
Kevin
Vice President in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Robust construction management software

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We are about two months into the implementation process and it has gone more smoothly than expected. Support training is super helpful in getting the team members up to speed.

Pros:

Having the ability to track a project from a an early lead, to an estimate and proposal and through the construction and completion is incredibly helpful to have all the information on one platform.

Cons:

The cloud based platform can have some compatibility issues with certain browsers (Microsoft Edge). It can get bogged down in the Redline planroom and takeoff features with really large files.

Tim
President in US

COL Review

5.0 4 days ago New

Comments: The product is best in class and the customer support is always spot on. I never have long waits for answers and the ability to quickly reach an expert is very appreciated.

Pros:

COL is a solid software all around. Very few softwares have the built in functionality in COL. If I was going to design proprietary software for my company, it would look and function very much like COL.

Cons:

My only two complaints are the lack of more accounting integrations and the cap on projects. Having a few more options for third party integrations where COL doesn't have internal functionality would be a benefit.

aaron
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Do not buy this product.

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Straight trash. Got the [sensitive content hidden] on the phone to discuss giving us our money back and they were aggressive and emotional about their product rather than talking about the facts.

Pros:

The customer service was responsive. They'd get back to you within minutes.

Cons:

They sold me a bill of goods they could not deliver on and then kept a portion of my money even after they admitted that their software did not function in industry standard and required ways.

Joe
Construction Estimator in US
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Thumbs Up for UDA

Comments: I am very comfortable, it is easy to learn and works well

Pros:

I was familiar with it and it meets many of our requirements at a better price point

Cons:

It is shy of perfection, but which software is? We would like to have automation in the scheduling to allow adjustments and modifications to the timeline based on real world advances or setbacks

Walter
Project Lead in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

UDA Construction Online, Awesome.

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have used other management tools and platforms and UDA is by far the easiest to use. I never feel like if I need some info from the platform I am in for a 1/2 to 1 hour session to find what I am looking for.

Pros:

Firstly I like that it is easy and intuitive to use. All of the functions are organized for ease of use and I don't have to spend lots of time (time is money) looking for the functionality that I need. Secondly, I really like that everything is on one platform. I especially like that I can look at the plans and the budget in one short session. Thirdly, I like that the project tracking is easy to use and allows for quick logging for the day.

Cons:

My only thing that gets me is the AI assistant button is always in my way when I first open the platform.

Jacob
COO in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Construction management software, would highly recommend

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

CO's online scheduling is great, I love the automatic scheuduling updates that it sends out on a weekly basis.

Cons:

In order to get a feature or two that you'd like, you need to be upgraded to a higher tier which doubles or triples the price

Dilcia
Assistant Project Manager in Dominican Republic

Construction Online and our company

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: With the option for a mobile app managing projects has become easier and the team has the information always at hand.

Pros:

It contains in one place all the necessary tools to manage a project, from the conception of said project with the creation of estimates to daily monitoring with photos and reports. Every detail of project tracking is clearly integrated and user-friendly. It also helps keep the client up to date and has all documentation, communication and evidence in one easily accessible place.

Cons:

Some features from Construction Suite are not part (yet?) of the online version.

Bill
VP Business Development in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Very easy to use and a rich set of features and functions

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has been excellent. We used the software application for years and about four years ago switched over to the online version.

Pros:

Ease of use Extensive functionality Client interface And last but not least, I can't say enough good things about the technical support team - they respond very quickly and are extremely knowledgeable.

Cons:

Wasn't easy to import our initial estimate templates into the system and required assistance from technical support.

Shawn
President in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Best thing we ever did for our business

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has been great, easy to get help and quick to solve issues every time.

Pros:

Too much to list, we love it. Estimating and Project Management is so sweet. Hard at first to get buy in from the staff, but it was really easy.

Cons:

Android products dont like the system very much. Apple would be best to use. HUGE droid fan over here.

Markielah
Construction Manager in US

CO Review, 10/10

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The thing I appreciate the most about the software is how innovative and easy it is. Everything is straightforward, you have all of the things you could ever need from the preliminary phase of a project to the punch list when you’re almost at the completion of a project. Another key element is the option to produce an itemized list of materials directly from your material take off, which I have not seen before in any software and I’ve looked at plenty!

Cons:

I don’t particularly dislike anything about the software. The only things that really comes to mind is the pricing and even with that, the elements you’re paying for is absolutely with it! So yes, they can be a tad bit pricey but it all pays off in the long run.

Construction Manager and Vice President in Canada

Construction Online is a Must Have

Comments: Our company has used Construction Online for almost 10 years now. The UDA team made the tailoring of their product to our specific needs really easy and the learning curve with our organization was quite short. Construction Online has improved every aspect from our estimating to our production and the whole client experience. I would never start another project without the full workings of it going through Construction Online.

Pros:

Our primarily use for Construction Online is estimating, scheduling and job costing, and these features have been integral to our success as a company. We can easily build budgets for our clients, schedule projects and then track the job costing throughout the duration of the project. Everything can be built with templates which saves numerous hours and the real time job costing helps guides decisions throughout the build. The scheduling has allowed our project managers to plan well in advance which has created a smooth construction process.

Cons:

The documents which can be autogenerated are great but I have found it quite tough to customize them to a format which can be sent directly to our clients or trade partners. This is more of just a personal preference rather than a drawback to the product.

Project Manager in US

COL is Great

Comments: The support staff is amazing. I have always had great solutions to issues I come across here and there. The classes I took for the Quick Books integration were very helpful. We decided to change our entire book keeping around how socket exports to Quick Books.

Pros:

I love the estimating. It keeps the estimate more organized than Quick Books. Adding notes and attaching proposals from other subcontractors and suppliers keeps the information all close by.

Cons:

I don't care for having to edit every row line in the estimate so the description spacing can be larger than the Item and cost rows. I wish there was a way to change all of them at once in the top ruler of the editor.

Kenneth
Construction Manager in Barbados

Big Fan!!!

Pros:

I really like the estimating integration and project tracking. Its nice to have a platform to house all the information about one project.

Cons:

Adding Sheets to a current set is a cumbersome. It would be great id we could add the Architects revision number instead of V1 V2 etc.

Juan
Principal Mechanical Engineer in US
Construction, 501–1,000 Employees

JFL Plug Power Mechanical Engineering review

Comments: Overall it's a great software. I have used countless apps and software that detail site information. I think the user interface is fantastic in my opinion, one of the best if not the best. I don't know how the project score works but I'm going to get more familiar. I think just doing this review has opened my world up to all these other tools that I will be using.

Pros:

The individual who designed the site interface did a great job. The weather and latest project activity are items that I'll now open when speaking to the engineer at site. In doing this review, I found out that I can see the address of the site, which sounds simple, but is INCREDIBLY useful. If one can imagine, I am looking for a site in 2015, and there are 8 buildings owned by the same major company. It takes me say, 10-15 min finding on google maps where the site exactly is, and even then sometimes it's unclear. Using this site already saved my 2 hours just with that simple application on the main user screen while I was doing this review.

Cons:

I think I'd like to have a "Read Me" about each particular site so that I understand what the mindset is of the individual onsite. As an example, a read me note would detail "Raymond Furr will be at site on Monday's and Fridays doing XYZ check, and uploading pictures as the equipment is installed. Feel free to upload site pictures if you have visited the site, or were sent by another party, but understand that I will review the images and may remove if aren't associated with site". This would be similar to "Jobsite Instructions", but it would be to a different audience, mainly to those who aren't on site and need/provide digital information

Don
ESTIMATOR & DESIGNER in US

Great product, great value

Comments: The biggest benefit we've had is the collaboration of information. My field super no longer has to call asking about a PO, he can look online. He can submit back charges and VPO's to me for approval from his phone in the field. Communication amongst our team and to our subs is all in one place for all of us to see.

Pros:

This product is really easy to use. The support is amazing. Even with seemingly simple questions, I can call or email them anytime and I always get the help I need. They have even worked with us to make the pricing options scalable for our needs. Transitioning from the desktop version to the online version was a daunting task but after I did it, I wish I would have done it sooner. The features available for our team to collaborate information is invaluable.

Cons:

When I am in costbooks, I wish there was a way to click and drag items into new folders. The way it's set up now is a little time consuming. There also isn't a way to deactivate sub-categories in the estimates like there was in the desktop version or set sub-categories as allowances.

Hector

Lost with out it!

Comments: I have been using this software on since 2015 and has been extremely satisfied. I operate as a small residential Contractor and use UDA Suite and Construction online for Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports), Redline/Plan Room. I use this software on a daily basis and it helps me stay organized.

Pros:

Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports) and Redline/Plan Room. The infrequent times I have an issue or question someone is readily available to help and resolve it immediately. For Example- I called about upgrading my Construction Suite and their Support Specialist Win [SENSITIVE CONTENT] handle my questions in an efficient and professional manner. I'm up running again!

Cons:

For me it is helpful to able to see load paths through out my projects. It would be great if you would include an overlay feature in red line/plan room.

Brenda
Operations Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

7 Years and Still Running!

Pros:

The app for the field has been a game changer for us. It bridged a gap between our office staff and the field staff in ways I didn't know would happen. Recently, integrating with QB has also blown my mind at how fast the PM in the field can see the project actual costs. He is now able to make those hard decisions much more quickly and with confidence.

Cons:

The only thing that comes to mind is I wish there was an event log or something we can reference when changes are made. I also wish there was an automated numbering system for estimates.

Kenneth

Professional Impact

Comments: Just Fantastic and it continues to get better each year.

Pros:

The estimating module is very east to use and allows for quick changes and efficient communication. The Construction online is the best there is when it comes to project tracking and communication with all team members.,

Cons:

Getting proper job costs from Quickbooks. It's helpful but also confusing.

Rebecca
Accounting Tech in Canada
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Northern Legendary Review

Comments: I am setting it up to integrate properly with our Quickbooks software through the Socket function, and I really enjoy how the two connect. It seems to integrate well with quick books as long as you understand how the QB items work.

Pros:

I like the integration capabilities with Quickbooks, it's very easy to use. I also really enjoy the estimate templates and cost code set up. They are very easy to customize and make to fit your company needs.

Cons:

It needs equipment management!! There is a lot out there for estimating, project management and accounting integration, but there isn't much for equipment costing and tracking. Sage 100 features this and I think your software would go even further if you introduced equipment management as well. I also would like an option to not have a parent account when setting up an estimate into quick books, I aslo feel it could merge with the Chart of accounts a little better as well, the generic 'income' and 'expense' account could be made to fit the COA a little bit better.

Greg
OWNER in US

Good Software

Comments: Happy with the software and depend on it daily. I have been using it for over 8 years.

Pros:

Many features aid in the management of projects

Cons:

There are several options or features that could help us but they are additional costs and we are already paying a lot for C.O. and we can't justify the additional cost. Quickbooks integration is fair but causes some reporting issues that make job costing difficult.

Tim
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Long Term Users

Comments: We have used the program for over 12 years and there have been many enhancements that we feel help us in running our projects and bringing good communications to our team.

Pros:

The program is very robust and allows us to use parts that fit our businesses well. It is critical to stay in good communications with everyone on the project team, CO makes that easy!

Cons:

In Scheduling, the ability to select multiple assigned people to a single task. The program will close down speratically from time to time.

Christina
Office Manager in US

Organization is key

Comments: I am truly happy with CO. We’ve had the chance to switch but we see no reason to. UDA offer’s everything we need

Pros:

Being able to keep all of our projects well organized helps my entire staff stay on track. Nothing is more important to us and our clients than staying on schedule and in budget

Cons:

I am totally satisfied with CO, compared to other software it’s very easy to navigate and the customer service help is amazing

Robert
Senior Project Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Significant ease of use and straight forward organization of Construction Online.

Comments: UDA is a one stop shop for all my project management needs. I use UDA and Microsoft Outlook as my main two software tools on a daily basis.

Pros:

Constantly updating and evolving with more features. Easy to acclimate new users to features specifically used for their job duties. It is not an all or nothing software. We can limit users to features that will increase their productivity and not inundate nor confuse them with features that are not beneficial to their work flow.

Cons:

Sometimes big time on web server don't know if it is due to # of users or or amount of information contained in our company files. Wish the web server could process the information faster when imputing data.

Cody
Owner / Operator in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Best construction app so far.

Comments: It just really helps me to stay on top of, and keep an eye on things.

Pros:

Keeping track of progress on several different jobsites when I can't physically be there.

Cons:

Everyone likes free stuff. Everybody wants something for nothing these days. Maybe throw out some swag once in a while. Pencils, shirts, hats?

Dana
Project manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Construction Online project manager assessment.

Comments: Overall Construction Online has been a great experience. I find it invaluable. If someone was to take it away at this point, I don't even know what I would do. I use it everyday, it is the first thing I look at when I start work.

Pros:

I like the scheduling feature. This allows me to plan ahead on a high level. I can communicate with subs in a realistic and trustworthy way.

Cons:

The interface on my android phone is my least favorite aspect of Construction Online.