15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Smoobu

The All-in-One Software for Short-Term & Vacation Rentals. One subscription, all tools. 14-day free trial. No credit card required.

Learn more about Smoobu

Pros:

The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role.

Smoobu ratings

4.4

8.5/10

Smoobu has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 179 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Smoobu before?

Stefano
Stefano
Owner in Italy
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

best management software around for vacation rentals

Comments: made my life easier, and automatized many processes that were manual before. and it's still cheap!

Pros:

The simplicity of setup and use, great performances, money for value, made life easier Exceptional Italian customer support!

Cons:

some minor features, compared to other software, were still missing, but they are minor and I know the Dev team keep working to improve

Rebecca
Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Everything you need in a PMS

5.0 6 days ago New

Comments: This is a great PMS. I haven’t had any glitches or issues with it which is one of the most important things. It does everything I need it to do. I have recommended it to many people and have used it for several clients as a booking engine on their direct rental sites.

Pros:

I have used Smoobu for 4 years now for my 6 listings and use it as a booking engine on my own website. It works wonderfully. I love the ease of use as a user and to set up. It has many great features from the automated guest messages, guidebook, booking engine, etc. I have used for several client’s websites as well.

Cons:

There are a couple features I wish it had, mostly to do with pricing/discount options to offer so I could offer the same options that I do on Airbnb. I wish that you could set up discounts fo specific dates. Unfortunately any discounts set up apply to all dates. I do wish the pricing sync with VRBO had been fixed by now.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty For Hosts and Lodgify

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: My previous software was clunky and a bit limited. The booking engine didn’t work very well.

Switched From: Planyo

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: The price was better and the customer support was great as I could call and talk to someone (this is not the case anymore).

Patricia
Owner in US

Did not work for my Vacation Rentals

Comments: I used this software about every minute of the free software trail, switching both my airbnb and vrbo 5 listings from current software to Smoobu. what a nightmare. I've been using Bookerville which is loaded with features, but doesn't quite have the smooth look of Smoobu. Instead of throwing my efforts into Bookerville, I thought all Softwares were the same.... No they are not. My Smoobu experience had be fall in LOVE with Bookerville and take the effort to expand my use of their numerous fully developed features. Describe my overall experience with Smoobu? Above all it convinced me that I had the best vacation software in Bookerville over all its competition.

Pros:

Very attractive. It has a very clean feel to it and nicely visual

Cons:

There were quite a few issues that I thought they may over time address, but I'd have to say the absolutely most shocking shortcoming of this software was an inability for guest who comes to your website to get an itemized quote. I actually called and arranged a VERY early morning conference call with this European based company.... and this is just one of the crazy, head scratching things about this software. It allows you to imbed a link from them to your own company website for guests to get a quote; but this is a total quote.... No itemized quote. So if you've got a $1000 refundable deposit, guests don't know that, its just this HUGE total, without details on cleaning fee, taxes, options, refundable deposit, etc. From here, the guests can contact you for the itemized quote and book. What the heck? why can't they book on line? why can't they see an itemized quote? This is just one of the things that Smoobu knew hosts would want, but that they didn't bother to do right.... and unfortunately one of so many half way done things .... I guess so they could add it to their feature list, but it is completely useless. Just having an itemized quote and booking the guest later would have been a huge help, but they couldn't be bothered to do this.... and with refundable deposits in one HUGE total ... hosts will have to clutter their websites with explanations.

4 years ago

Dear Patricia, thanks for your review! I quickly checked all your tickets and I understand where you are coming from. What you are looking for is a high end agency solution that can cover all your details for your business. we are however targeting owners and we are providing a very affordable solution. So indeed our software may not be what you need. But please also note that a product you are looking for will cost you a multiple of Smoobu. Also e.g. if you want to put a deposit you can add it to the extras that will not be displayed in the overall costs of the booking. So for your main point there is actually a solution we can offer. Wishing you all the best Philipp

Daniel
Manager in Belgium
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Full featured, user-friendly and very stable

Comments: When your business depends on a software you really need to be able to talk to a real person in case you hit a wall. The people at Smoobu are always there for you whenever you need help. 5 stars !

Pros:

Smoobu allows to pull in different airbnb and booking accounts into one software environment. As a property management company specialised in short term rental this was the software to manage our business. The setup was quick. The software is very easy to use. Smoobu allows to program automatically sent personalised messages to guests. Airbnb has now added this feature but the Smoobu version works better. When a booking comes in 3 days before the guests arrival but the message is programmed to be sent 6 days in advance than airbnb does not send the message, but Smoobu does ! When handling numerous client accounts it is nearly impossible to handle client communication without a channel manager. Smoobu has worked without any glitches, it is as reliable as a Mercedes-Benz !

Cons:

Nothing really. I have no negative comments.

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: We were convinced by the responsiveness of the sales team and the ease of use of the software. We had tried Tokeet on a trial basis, not convinced. Many channel manager software companies promise you wonderful returns if you just plug in into as many channels as possible. That is an empty promise.

Anya
Business Owner in South Africa
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Smoobu Is a valuable tool

Comments: It is always a pleasure to work with the Smoobu team. I have even managed to contribute to the upgrades in features with some of my suggestions....which shows that the dev team is dedicated to producing a product that suits their client's needs.

Pros:

I love that you are able to create a booking tool and website from the portal, and customise the bookings from various portals that are clearly identifiable by colour coding.

Cons:

It would be great if there was more API integrations automatically available to all portals - especially in South Africa.

Alternatives Considered: ReservationKey and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: I found it far too cantankerous and clunky to work with. Smoobu is super simple and effective for my needs. I have more than one cottage on one property and quite a few other properties, all owned by different owners. It's been easy to put them all onto one portal so that I have an eye of everything happening in my short term holiday rentals and cleaning business

Switched From: NightsBridge

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: I liked Smoobu because of the versatility and ease of use. Also, Smoobu provided payments and invoicing in my local currency.

Ryohei
Property Owner in Japan
Hospitality, Self Employed

Best viable solution for small property owners with great CUSTOMER SUPPORT, CLEAN FEATURES & PRICING

Pros:

Firstly, for someone who has hardly used a channel manager, the learning curve is always going to be a thing no matter which service you decide to use. This was the case for me, after reading countless reviews I decided to trial Smoobu and am now a paid user. And when the learning curve is unavoidable, Smoobu truly shines with their CUSTOMER SUPPORT - it is definitely one of their best features. Their chat team works in German-time (and they are not available 24/7), but it was definitely handy when you're based overseas. Their e-mail support team I find are VERY experienced, fast, helpful, patient, understanding and respectful - I seriously only have praise for them! They truly helped a novice channel manager user like myself troubleshoot, configure, and set up the optimal solution that works best for my particular business size and workflow. Regarding the SOFTWARE FEATURES, I think we always tend to want more, and more of the available features offered more seamlessly and automated, so I don't think it's even fair to expect EVERYTHING, and the simplicity of Smoobu's software - both in UI and UX, once you get a grip on it, is a HUGE asset that eliminates and minimises all the headaches we go through as owners and managers. And finally - PRICING. Based on my own research I think their overall quality offering is astounding vis a vis the cost. I am thoroughly impressed with the service and am grateful that I found something I am happy to pay for and proud to continue using!

Cons:

EMAIL SUPPORT > CHAT SUPPORT: Though chat support is easier to access, for an actual conundrum or a multilayered question you're facing I would definitely go through their e-mail support since they can constructively engage with your problems (maybe also because they have more time to respond?), and you really feel that they are there to help you! But the chat team is great too for small questions you might have (but sometimes they disconnect in the middle of a question - but don't be discouraged and take that to e-mail or maybe call though I haven't tried that personally!) GOOD DESIGN BUT NOT YET MIND-BLOWING: It is minimal, clean and ticks all the right boxes in terms of UI / UX and it is not at all problem for internal admin use, but for someone who comes from a creative industry background (e.g. used to the intuitive approach of Apple products and have done consumer-facing communication work) I do think their consumer-facing features (like their new GUEST APP and WEB EMBEDDABLE BOOKING TOOL) can be further reimagined based to align themselves with consumers who are spoiled by Apple, Google et al. providing great design to the mainstream. So in sum, based on a philosophy that good design → looks great and ALSO heightens practicality. TWO-WAY SYNCS VS iCAL SYNC: Not a con but a note - with Airbnb when you sync via their two-way sync it makes it impossible to view or edit your calendar on Airbnb. It's great but I found it easier to iCal sync like the rest of the platforms!

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet, Cloudbeds, iGMS, Little Hotelier, Guesty and BeeRent

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: They are great too don't get me wrong! But Lodgify was just too expensive for my specific business size of three properties.

Switched From: Lodgify

Xabier Txomin
Owner in Spain
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Great software i would not hessitate to recommend

Comments: It is really easy to use. No complications, no difficult to set up functionalities. The property web facility is a plus. The support team is really friendly, knowledgeable and listens to customers!. I am getting lots of emails from competition but I am not planning to move from Smoobu. I really love Smoobu simplicity.

Pros:

Pros: 1.-It is a very easy to use software. Getting familiar with smoobu is really simple, practically instantaneous. 2.-The migration to Smoobu is really simple and staff is always willing to help. 3.-They have a very useful and very easy to configure web functionality. 4.-I love the functionality of being able to synchronize rates from smoobu with the most important sales channels. 5.-The synchronizations works perfectly. It has never failed so far. No double bookings at all. 6.-The system rarely crashes down and if it does, it is momentarily for maintenance. 7.-You can set up Smoobu in different languages. It is truly multi-lingual. 8.-Perhaps this is one of the strongest points of Smoobu. It is true that communication with the customer service department is easy, fast and always in a friendly and professional tone.

Cons:

Cons: Given that it is a software that it is designed to be easily usable and does not complicate its functionalities, there may be people who miss less avant-garde features but in my case in particular I love that everything Smoobu offers works perfectly and without complications. They are currently developing a solution for the new PSD2 regulations, which is more than welcome.

Cristian
CEO in Dominican Republic
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Smoobu its the TOP 1 Channel Management.

Comments: 2 Years looking for the Best Middle Cost Management System and found it - Smoobu

Pros:

The platform is very easy to use, very good explained videos to use in any step your in. I'm very satisfied about what they offer and the improvement they have made and expanded many offers is a high-quality product.

Cons:

They have to improve the Statistic and metrics of the properties and bookings. They could add so much more info here they are not. Invoices do not generate correctly. The Payment details on reservations do not include the COMISION imported of the channel, so it's very different from what the payment show in smoobu and in the other Channels like booking.com, Airbnb, Expedia. They Have to take the same information on those channels and adjust them to make it clear and have no difference between the channels. ALSO need to do a MAX Update to the Website Builder.

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet and Hospitable.com

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: I had an incredible struggle to find channel management that is easy, interactive, responsive, engine booking, and friendly to use and I went to 3-4 PMS and the first time I could say it's the one I need for a 7-10 Property Management.

Switched From: Tokeet, Hospitable.com and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: Pricing, and it's the best Channel Management to start with 4-10 Properties.

Cheryl
Owner in Belize
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Highly recommend Smoobu - even if you are a small operator

Comments: Smoobu Customer Service is Fantastic! I always get a quick response, and they never make me feel 'dumb' - because sometimes I ask some off-the-wall questions! I highly recommend Smoobu to all vacation rental owners. We only have 2 units, and we couldn't do it without them!

Pros:

What we like most about the software: ease of use, communication templates/scheduling of messages, ability to update rates and they immediately update across all connected OTAs, ability to set % increases on OTAs over our direct book rates, Digital Guest Guidebook (& how easy it is to customize regarding what guests see before, during & after their stays), & the ability to nest units. There's more to like out the software, but these are the top items on our list.

Cons:

Always looking for more features, but what they already have far exceeds previous channel managers I've used.

Jason
Jason
Director in Thailand
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Avoid....caused me a load of extra work.

Comments: Dreadful, time consuming, very poor online support, who were surprisingly rude.

Pros:

The idea is great but it doesn't work in practice. There are better alternatives.

Cons:

Smoobu was a disaster for me. Using Sboobu cuts you off from using the portals (Airbnb, Agoda, Tripadvisor etc). You are actually blocked from using the portal platforms & must only update listings & bookings on the Smoobu platform. You can't even access the calendars anymore. You can no longer communicate with guests through portals, only through Smoobu. The worst thing is, if you have any blocked dates in the portal calendars they are ignored by Smoobu & then deleted on the portal. Suddenly all your blocked dates become available & you must re-block them all on Smoobu. It's awkward, difficult to use & the support is hopeless. They have no training, they are rude & don't understand the platform. AVOID! The set up is too time consuming.

5 years ago

Hi there! Let me say sorry for your bad experience first of all. We tried to do our best supporting you in the setup. Airbnb blocks some functionality on their side, which then you can access through Smoobu directly. In the end this is the central point of a channel management system. The other portals are not blocked. They remain exactly the way they were before connecting. So you can work on both ends. I looked at the support cases and we did not have a chance to help you out as you had already started disconnecting once we were coming in. So I am happy to give it a new chance to show you how the system actually works as addressed in several messages. Best regards Philipp

Gerry
Owner in UK
Hospitality, Self Employed

You can phone them! You call them, they answer. They listen, they do what you want. In minutes!

Comments: It supports my business, and saves me time and money. It also frees me up to grow my business and add new channels with confidence

Pros:

Easy to use, intuitive. Great dashboard with everything you need all in one screen. All backed up by the best customer service I have had with a Channel Manager. It's like having a back office that actually likes working with you. Before discovering Smoobu I had tried 2 other channel managers. I lasted 9 months with the first and only 3 months with the second. They were difficult to navigate, badly designed. The customer service was awful, you had to either send an email and wait for a reply or make an appointment sometime in the future to get a call back (that often just didn't happen). I was going crazy and about to give up on finding something that worked. Then I found Smoobu. It was a Saturday afternoon, and they had a telephone number. Just out of curiosity I called (expecting a voicemail saying they were closed). Much to my surprise a human being answered. I was up and running within hours. A connection that with a previous company had taken 3 weeks took them 2 minutes. Yes I know, unbelievable. No more stress. No more feelings of isolation. No more double bookings (and being told it was somehow my fault). I am now relaxed and happy and growing my business. And concentrating on my guests. I really feel like I have found a business partner who cares about me and is part of my success.

Maximilian E.
Owner in Germany

Great Tool, Great People Behind, Simple and efficient

Pros:

More than 3 years ago, when I was looking for a simple but well thought through Chanel Manager, I came across Smoobu. Implementation was quite easy even for me as an inexperienced user of Chanel manager. In the last 3 years Smoobu has developed enormously and still offers me everything I need to successfully market my almost 20 accommodations. The support is always fast and efficient and suggestions are taken seriously! I'm sure I'll be happy working with Smoobu for many yearsand look forward to the next development steps.

Cons:

I do not habe any complains about smoobu. For me nothing is missing

Jennifer
Owner and manager in Italy

Smoobu is the best

Comments: Smoobu is a useful tool which helps me run my business more efficiently. The easy interface enables me to manage reservations better and faster. In general, I am very satisfied with the product because it helps me stay on top of things.

Pros:

Smoobu is easy to use from any mobile device and it helps me save a lot of time. The support staff are friendly, helpful and readily available to answer questions and solve issues.

Cons:

I have no complaints. My only suggestion would be to further scale the annual price to adjust for (extra) small businesses.

Mark
President in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Don't use if you use Expedia/VRBO

Pros:

Simple when it works, but unfortunately that doesn't last long

Cons:

Regularly disconnects channel management price sync with Expedia/VRBO. Support on the latest disconnect May 2023 has gone weeks with no solution or update. I'm researching alternative platforms and warning others.

Jim
Just a guy... in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Awesome Software for Vacation Rental Management

Comments: We've owned our condo for just over a year. I found Smoobu when I was initially looking for a software tool to help me get up and running renting through Airbnb and VRBO. From the first day through today, they have been super supportive and helpful. The product integrates nicely with those travel sites (and others) to keep things organized (i.e. no double bookings), helps tremendously with communications and provides a great customer experience with all our guests. I would highly recommend Smoobu!

Pros:

Once it's set up, it is absolutely indispensable and critical to organize and coordinate a vacation rental.

Cons:

Nothing really... All questions are answered quickly and they continue to add additional features.

Isabella
Owner in Italy
Hospitality, Self Employed

I have a new friend, it's called smoobu!

Comments: For me to say Smoobu means the rep. I still wonder how he can answer all the questions for assistance on his own. Always relevant, decisive and friendly.

Pros:

It does a lot of things for me: it synchronizes the bookings on all the portals and updates the prices on some of them, it manages the communication with the customers, it gave me the possibility to create a website in an intuitive way and at sustainable costs and much more .. ..

Cons:

I would say that I like everything, the graphical interface is intuitive and clean and I really appreciate their philosophy of trying to improve, always having a friendly customer relationship.

Firman
Founder / Owner in Indonesia
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Smoobu is perfect one !!

Comments: User Friendly
Not expensive
Very Quick responses of the knowledgeable​ customer services,
they are doing improvement​ regularly, which is very good !

Pros:

If you are searching for the perfect platform to organize the whole rental management, Smoobu is the best so far, why? because very user friendly, all the tools just as easy as the Airbnb platform! We use for almost a year and we don't have any issue even we have various types of accommodations, from the middle budget to the luxury ones .. being grateful to found Smoobu in 2019, when I was really desperate with those options available.

Cons:

Simple, easy to integrate, user friendly​!

Krista
Owner Veritas Vista in Spain
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Excellent resource for syncing calendars and interfacing with website

Comments: My overall experience with Smoobu was excellent.

Pros:

The feature that was most impactful is the ability to sync calendars from Airnbn, VRBO onto one calendar that was used to interface on my personal website for my short term rental property. Very good value for the functionality and service provided. Excellent customer service. All questions were answered in timely, clear and helpful manner.

Cons:

There were a couple of times when I needed to contact Smoobu as canceled reservations on Airbnb do not automatically clear on the Smoobu system. Once I realized it was necessary to double check my main calendar after a guest canceled, it wasn't a problem.

Jürgen
owner in Germany
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

fresh and modern design, easy to use

Comments: I don't own a hotel. But can look just as professional as a hotel manager with a single vacation rental.

Pros:

As a single user, I need a simple application that will manage all of my channels. With smoobu, I can do this on the PC, on the tablet and even on the go with my smartphone. Fast communication with the guests on all my channels, creating and sending invoices that was a horror without smoobu. The new design is very good. Everyone I show this to is delighted.

Cons:

There is nothing wrong with the software. I want to make my own decisions at certain points and that works well. There could be more experiences in the guest app, but that's not a software problem.

Director in Germany
Commercial Real Estate Software, 2–10 Employees

Best value for money, actually best value overall

Pros:

I have been looking at different alternatives for quite some time. I had heard about a supposedly awesome dashboard that Smoobu had to . Turns out is was true. Also super reliable Channel Manager. They focus on the right things and make it super easy to use. Customer service was actually more knowledgeable about portals that the portals themselves.....

Cons:

Would be nice to see some more external integrations. But they said there was more coming up

Mark
Director in UK
Hospitality, Self Employed

Quick to set up & easy to use channel manager

Comments: We have found Smoobu to be a great platform for managing bookings across multiple platforms for our serviced accommodation. Currently we have just the one unit but we are adding more and Smoobu will become an increasingly important part of our operation. Support and customer service has been good.

Pros:

Quick to set up Easy to use Good support

Cons:

The website provided with the package is a basic and restricted in terms of page templates and design but it does provide the essential functionality you would need to get up and running. Longer term you will probably need to integrate the Smoobu functionality with a custom built website.

Nausikaa
owner in Greece

Great product, user-friendly

Comments: Been with them for a long time, very satisfied and glad they're improving the product

Pros:

Very easy to use, good design, excellent customer service

Cons:

Needs a few additional features (an app for owners for example)

Hugo
Home Owner in Portugal
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

A must for any property manager

Comments: Couldn’t imagine managing my reservation without a central tool like Smoobu.

Pros:

-Website -Booking engine -Ease of use / configure -Price -support team interaction

Cons:

-Not all portals have API integration but this is a limitation from the portal side and not Smoobu as I understand they are working to get it.

Matthew
owner in France
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

The reason we didn't use Smoobu

Pros:

The customer service was by far the best thing out of any PMS apps we used -Super easy to use -Has every feature other apps have and more. -Even a guest book Listen there is only one reason we didn't continue to use it and it was because it doesn't have A.I. Messaging or task managing for cleaners.

Cons:

They need to add auto messaging. That's the only reason we left. When you have a great auto msging service we will come back, but every app needs that feature especially if you have many properties and its the busy season of 100 inquiries/questions.

3 years ago

Hi Matthew, we do have a lot of auto messaging features. As well for guests as for cleaners. We also have basic task management functionality plus integrations with properly, turnoverbnb, vrscheduler, doinn and others. Not sure if you have missed those or of you are talking about a different topic. Let us know Philipp

MARGARET
Director in UK
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

A MUST for any company wanting to expand

Comments: 5 star

Pros:

This software is so easy to use and allowed me to multi market properties over several platforms with ease, I have been able to set prices within seconds develop my own web page and app. The software is so easy to use and help is on hand if needed

Cons:

I must admit there is nothing I don’t like about this software... it ticks all the boxes and they are adding new features monthly to fill the demands of this constantly changing industry