About Smoobu

The All-in-One Software for Short-Term & Vacation Rentals. One subscription, all tools. 14-day free trial. No credit card required.

Learn more about Smoobu

Pros:

Easy implementation, usage, webinterface. Webintegration, and connection to Airbnb/Booking is relatively simply.

Smoobu ratings

4.6

8.8/10

Smoobu has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 128 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Smoobu before?

Stefano
Stefano
Owner in Italy
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

best management software around for vacation rentals

Comments: made my life easier, and automatized many processes that were manual before. and it's still cheap!

Pros:

The simplicity of setup and use, great performances, money for value, made life easier Exceptional Italian customer support!

Cons:

some minor features, compared to other software, were still missing, but they are minor and I know the Dev team keep working to improve

cristin
CEO in Dominican Republic

Excellent Starter channel manager

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good for a good start.

Pros:

The friendly dashboard is incredibly easy to use.

Cons:

They have to upgrade more functionality like reports and finance intergrations. expenses on every listening.

Milan
CEO in Germany
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Good for starting up cheap with a helpful channel manager

Pros:

Very good reporting and easy to connect channels.

Cons:

Guest App did not develop, no team management.

Alternatives Considered: Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: Cheaper alternative.

Daniel
Manager in Belgium
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Full featured, user-friendly and very stable

Comments: When your business depends on a software you really need to be able to talk to a real person in case you hit a wall. The people at Smoobu are always there for you whenever you need help. 5 stars !

Pros:

Smoobu allows to pull in different airbnb and booking accounts into one software environment. As a property management company specialised in short term rental this was the software to manage our business. The setup was quick. The software is very easy to use. Smoobu allows to program automatically sent personalised messages to guests. Airbnb has now added this feature but the Smoobu version works better. When a booking comes in 3 days before the guests arrival but the message is programmed to be sent 6 days in advance than airbnb does not send the message, but Smoobu does ! When handling numerous client accounts it is nearly impossible to handle client communication without a channel manager. Smoobu has worked without any glitches, it is as reliable as a Mercedes-Benz !

Cons:

Nothing really. I have no negative comments.

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: We were convinced by the responsiveness of the sales team and the ease of use of the software. We had tried Tokeet on a trial basis, not convinced. Many channel manager software companies promise you wonderful returns if you just plug in into as many channels as possible. That is an empty promise.

Anya
Business Owner in South Africa
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

Smoobu Is a valuable tool

Comments: It is always a pleasure to work with the Smoobu team. I have even managed to contribute to the upgrades in features with some of my suggestions....which shows that the dev team is dedicated to producing a product that suits their client's needs.

Pros:

I love that you are able to create a booking tool and website from the portal, and customise the bookings from various portals that are clearly identifiable by colour coding.

Cons:

It would be great if there was more API integrations automatically available to all portals - especially in South Africa.

Alternatives Considered: ReservationKey and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: I found it far too cantankerous and clunky to work with. Smoobu is super simple and effective for my needs. I have more than one cottage on one property and quite a few other properties, all owned by different owners. It's been easy to put them all onto one portal so that I have an eye of everything happening in my short term holiday rentals and cleaning business

Switched From: NightsBridge

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: I liked Smoobu because of the versatility and ease of use. Also, Smoobu provided payments and invoicing in my local currency.

Ryohei
Property Owner in Japan
Hospitality, Self Employed

Best viable solution for small property owners with great CUSTOMER SUPPORT, CLEAN FEATURES & PRICING

Pros:

Firstly, for someone who has hardly used a channel manager, the learning curve is always going to be a thing no matter which service you decide to use. This was the case for me, after reading countless reviews I decided to trial Smoobu and am now a paid user. And when the learning curve is unavoidable, Smoobu truly shines with their CUSTOMER SUPPORT - it is definitely one of their best features. Their chat team works in German-time (and they are not available 24/7), but it was definitely handy when you're based overseas. Their e-mail support team I find are VERY experienced, fast, helpful, patient, understanding and respectful - I seriously only have praise for them! They truly helped a novice channel manager user like myself troubleshoot, configure, and set up the optimal solution that works best for my particular business size and workflow. Regarding the SOFTWARE FEATURES, I think we always tend to want more, and more of the available features offered more seamlessly and automated, so I don't think it's even fair to expect EVERYTHING, and the simplicity of Smoobu's software - both in UI and UX, once you get a grip on it, is a HUGE asset that eliminates and minimises all the headaches we go through as owners and managers. And finally - PRICING. Based on my own research I think their overall quality offering is astounding vis a vis the cost. I am thoroughly impressed with the service and am grateful that I found something I am happy to pay for and proud to continue using!

Cons:

EMAIL SUPPORT > CHAT SUPPORT: Though chat support is easier to access, for an actual conundrum or a multilayered question you're facing I would definitely go through their e-mail support since they can constructively engage with your problems (maybe also because they have more time to respond?), and you really feel that they are there to help you! But the chat team is great too for small questions you might have (but sometimes they disconnect in the middle of a question - but don't be discouraged and take that to e-mail or maybe call though I haven't tried that personally!) GOOD DESIGN BUT NOT YET MIND-BLOWING: It is minimal, clean and ticks all the right boxes in terms of UI / UX and it is not at all problem for internal admin use, but for someone who comes from a creative industry background (e.g. used to the intuitive approach of Apple products and have done consumer-facing communication work) I do think their consumer-facing features (like their new GUEST APP and WEB EMBEDDABLE BOOKING TOOL) can be further reimagined based to align themselves with consumers who are spoiled by Apple, Google et al. providing great design to the mainstream. So in sum, based on a philosophy that good design → looks great and ALSO heightens practicality. TWO-WAY SYNCS VS iCAL SYNC: Not a con but a note - with Airbnb when you sync via their two-way sync it makes it impossible to view or edit your calendar on Airbnb. It's great but I found it easier to iCal sync like the rest of the platforms!

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet, Cloudbeds, iGMS, Little Hotelier, Guesty and BeeRent

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: They are great too don't get me wrong! But Lodgify was just too expensive for my specific business size of three properties.

Switched From: Lodgify

Ozan Kemal
Reservation Manager in Turkey
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

Smoobu offers practical reservation management solutions

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Smoobu has by far the most practical reservation management system in the market when compared with other alternatives.

Cons:

They should release a new version of Smoobu where it has more etensive features about reservation management.

Rick
Owner in U.S.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Great Value

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Exceptional value and overall excellent software. Reporting options and depth are a little lacking or this would be ideal in every way. I trialed 3 other softare vendors and Smoobu has the absolute most responsive customer service.

Pros:

Easy to use, great dashboard, website builder works great

Cons:

Reporting less robust than competition, no mobile app

Xabier Txomin
Owner in Spain
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Great software i would not hessitate to recommend

Comments: It is really easy to use. No complications, no difficult to set up functionalities. The property web facility is a plus. The support team is really friendly, knowledgeable and listens to customers!. I am getting lots of emails from competition but I am not planning to move from Smoobu. I really love Smoobu simplicity.

Pros:

Pros: 1.-It is a very easy to use software. Getting familiar with smoobu is really simple, practically instantaneous. 2.-The migration to Smoobu is really simple and staff is always willing to help. 3.-They have a very useful and very easy to configure web functionality. 4.-I love the functionality of being able to synchronize rates from smoobu with the most important sales channels. 5.-The synchronizations works perfectly. It has never failed so far. No double bookings at all. 6.-The system rarely crashes down and if it does, it is momentarily for maintenance. 7.-You can set up Smoobu in different languages. It is truly multi-lingual. 8.-Perhaps this is one of the strongest points of Smoobu. It is true that communication with the customer service department is easy, fast and always in a friendly and professional tone.

Cons:

Cons: Given that it is a software that it is designed to be easily usable and does not complicate its functionalities, there may be people who miss less avant-garde features but in my case in particular I love that everything Smoobu offers works perfectly and without complications. They are currently developing a solution for the new PSD2 regulations, which is more than welcome.

Cristian
CEO in Dominican Republic
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Smoobu its the TOP 1 Channel Management.

Comments: 2 Years looking for the Best Middle Cost Management System and found it - Smoobu

Pros:

The platform is very easy to use, very good explained videos to use in any step your in. I'm very satisfied about what they offer and the improvement they have made and expanded many offers is a high-quality product.

Cons:

They have to improve the Statistic and metrics of the properties and bookings. They could add so much more info here they are not. Invoices do not generate correctly. The Payment details on reservations do not include the COMISION imported of the channel, so it's very different from what the payment show in smoobu and in the other Channels like booking.com, Airbnb, Expedia. They Have to take the same information on those channels and adjust them to make it clear and have no difference between the channels. ALSO need to do a MAX Update to the Website Builder.

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet and Hospitable.com

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: I had an incredible struggle to find channel management that is easy, interactive, responsive, engine booking, and friendly to use and I went to 3-4 PMS and the first time I could say it's the one I need for a 7-10 Property Management.

Switched From: Tokeet, Hospitable.com and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: Pricing, and it's the best Channel Management to start with 4-10 Properties.

Lisa

Self Catering Owner of One Property

Comments: Love the automation as we still work full time so need the admin to be as automated as possible.

Pros:

Smoobu was the first channel manager e used when we started as i wanted something that could manage the OTA's from one place and Smoobu does this. I also love the fact it integrates with our dynamic pricing tool, pricelabs. These tools are essential as an owner especially if you still work full time.

Cons:

Id love to see a full pricing api with VRBO and the minute i have to pay for two api links. When booking using the booking tool, it would be great if the customer email could pass through to Stripe so the receipt is emailed at the point of booking. This is manual at the moment. If we could have a search availability tool that can be added as aa widget to a website, that would be helpful. At the minute it is only available on the booking widget but a smaller version where you can check your dates would be good.

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: the booking tool for our wordpress website.

Allan
Director in U.K.

Tokeet to Smoobu

Comments: Overall, our experience has been great. We have lost a couple of features, however what we have gained far outweighs this.
Customer support also very kindly offered to import existing direct bookings which was very helpful.

Pros:

The features that drew us to Smoobu were the automated messaging, Igloohome integration, the guest guide/portal and the additional option selling.

Cons:

I would say the only negative point we have so far is the handling/recording of invoices. Payments need to be recorded manually, whereas Tokeet would handle this automatically and made it very easy to schedule invoices, and track sent, outstanding and paid invoices.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty and eviivo

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: To improve integration with third party services, improve our automation functionality and provide a better customer experience for our guests.

Switched From: Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: Price was the main motivation, as I feel Smoobu provides the best level of functionality in the price bracket.

Andrew
Owner in France
Hospitality, Self Employed

Minimal user IT knowledge needed; Regular Improvements and New Feature; Top After-Sales Support

Comments: We have absolute confidence in the Smoobu software after over 2 years of using it. In an increasingly automated world, the Smoobu after sales staff have a human touch and an UNDERSTANDING of our business that is invaluable, which indicates that they are well-trained/experienced. Any problems can be solved swiftly without long tedious (and repeated) explanations. We have found EXACTLY the product and back-up we need, starting from scratch in 2017 and cruising at our optimum turnover in 2020, which would have been impossible with the Smoobu software package.

Pros:

As a single property tourism letting company, we need a one-stop solution for our market visibility, communications, calendar and price management (linked to the WHOLE market) and and a 100% reliable point-of-sale interface with our payment provider platform. The SMOOBU property rental management software package gives us all the above and several other options that we don't use. Very good value for money when one considers its vital role. It's an EXCELLENT tool.

Cons:

We offer our website in 3 languages BUT Smoobu does not, as yet, permit us to set up a photo-based template into which we can add our images THEN copy that template and insert the different languages. The work-time needed to set up the sites is therefore tripled as each language site needs to be started from a set of blank pages.... The Smoobu team is so pro-active that this option will no doubt come soon.

Criscia
Rental Business Manager in India

Easy to use & Highly recommended

Pros:

This channel manager has really increased our team efficiency while managing ~40 properties in India. It's very easy to use, very fast to get started... We did the trial and realised we could not live without it anymore! Customer service is also very responsive! I HIGHLY recommend this channel manager.

Cons:

For over 40 listings it is difficult to search the availability as we need to scroll up or down. If there is search option for dates it would make it easier.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Smoobu Response

2 years ago

Dear Criscia, thanks very much for your review and choosing us over others. Very excited to hear that you are enjoying your experience. We are working on making the calendar easier to use also for larger accounts. In the meantime, have you discovered the calendar only view? https://login.smoobu.com/de/booking/calendar/2 Best Philipp

Janette
Businessman in Philippines
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Smoobu is the best

Comments: Smoobu is the best software I ever had. The management are considerate enough to waive my fees because I forgot to temp stop the subscription due to pandemic. That the total value of money, trust and confidence to smoobu and the management.

Pros:

I have tried a lot of software but I lasted for more than two years in smoobu. Easy to use software and no limitations to connect in all channels. Synching the room rates and blocking and unblocking the dates were so easy too. Management of Smoobu are easy to deal with, as well. I highly recommended smoobu software.

Cons:

Change the daily rates is still manual. I would like to recommend to just a click and it will apply to the certain period.

Nico
Accommodation hosting services in Greece
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Best channel manager in this price category

Comments: Covers all my basic needs.
Gets better every year.
Has a reasonable price.
The support is just top.

Pros:

Smoobu is probably the Channel Manager with the best 'Features/Price' ratio. We state that after we have done seriously evaluations for two years. It has all functionality a small - middle accommodations managing service will be needing. The subscription is very reasonable too. They haven't stoped improving since I know them and they have the perfect support :)

Cons:

There are some minor functionality issues with the user interface. This does not affect the functionality, it is just that sometimes one can not but notice that some things could be a bit more 'up to date' in the user interface.

Gerry
Hospitality, Self Employed

You can phone them! You call them, they answer. They listen, they do what you want. In minutes!

Comments: It supports my business, and saves me time and money. It also frees me up to grow my business and add new channels with confidence

Pros:

Easy to use, intuitive. Great dashboard with everything you need all in one screen. All backed up by the best customer service I have had with a Channel Manager. It's like having a back office that actually likes working with you. Before discovering Smoobu I had tried 2 other channel managers. I lasted 9 months with the first and only 3 months with the second. They were difficult to navigate, badly designed. The customer service was awful, you had to either send an email and wait for a reply or make an appointment sometime in the future to get a call back (that often just didn't happen). I was going crazy and about to give up on finding something that worked. Then I found Smoobu. It was a Saturday afternoon, and they had a telephone number. Just out of curiosity I called (expecting a voicemail saying they were closed). Much to my surprise a human being answered. I was up and running within hours. A connection that with a previous company had taken 3 weeks took them 2 minutes. Yes I know, unbelievable. No more stress. No more feelings of isolation. No more double bookings (and being told it was somehow my fault). I am now relaxed and happy and growing my business. And concentrating on my guests. I really feel like I have found a business partner who cares about me and is part of my success.

Tara
Director in Ireland
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Ticks more boxes that you need for less money!

Comments: We'd been comparing platforms for a few weeks and found that Smoobu was not only more cost-effective but that it ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Smoobu team are super helpful and respond very quickly to the few queries I had but really, they have explained everything exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out! I'd highly recommend Smoobu and can't imagine moving to any other platform especially with their continuous improvements and new integrations which I think will be very useful when normality returns to our hospitality business!

Pros:

Cost-effective and incredibly easy to set up all the integrations with everything explained exceptionally clearly that you'll rarely need to reach out but the team are super helpful when you do and respond very quickly! Ticked so many more boxes than we had even envisaged. The Guest App is genius and we can't wait for our guests to benefit; as well as upselling feature!

Cons:

That I didn't discover it sooner. It didn't appear in my google searches but luckily discovered it via an online ad :)

tamir
owner in Israel
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees

Good software. It is possible to make it excellent software

Comments: Overall convenient and friendly software. In my opinion with some other functions like the ones I mentioned it can turn from good software into excellent software.
It is important for me to add that there are similar software to this one at lower prices and at more expensive prices. In my country the average monthly software cost ranges around 50 euros. If you were able to connect a credit company that works with Israel and flexibility along with invoice automation, I have no doubt that I would recommend many to switch to this software.

Pros:

The interface is convenient from any computer and mobile phone

Cons:

1.There is no clear place to see a customer payment status. 2. In my country the software cannot connect to a credit card so I need to use more software. 3. If I want to issue a concentrated invoice at the end of a month to a supplier that sends customers to me it is problematic. That is, it is not possible to open a clean invoice and associate it with customers that I had this month.

Paolo
Manager in Spain
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

I would definitely recommend it

Comments: Although I am still in the trial phase, I have no doubt that I will continue to use Smoobu in the future.

Pros:

The ease of use in different aspects: synchronization with the different portals, setting the different payment methods, creating your own web page. There is no need to have great computer skills, you are guided step by step and if that is not enough, clear and comprehensive video tutorials are offered. The contact with the customer service has been pleasant and friendly. I am also glad for the possibility recently offered to block dates before an arrival and after a departure, due to the ongoing health crisis.

Cons:

I can't get myself to like visually the speedometer of the "use" widget in the desk. In addition, the fact that when I select a property in the calendar menu and reload the page, I lose the previous selection.

Luke
director in U.K.

Great channel manager!

Comments: with previous channel manager, I have used in the past, there were missing one most important think for me, mobile compatibility, which smoobu has and its working perfectly

Pros:

Mobile friendly and customer support where the key factor for me

Cons:

do not have it at the moment, its working perfectly for me

Alternatives Considered: Tokeet and Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Smoobu: user friendly and mobile compatibility

Switched From: Zeevou

Reasons for Switching to Smoobu: customer support, more clear fees, and personly more user friendly.

Luana
Manager in Italy

Extremely helpful and intuitive

Comments: Amazing.

Pros:

I started using Smoobu back when it was really small and sort of beta version and liked it from the getgo. In the meantime they have improved and expanded so much and i am truly happy for them because what they offer is a high quality product. The platform is easy to use,intuitive and responsive,easily accessible on all devices. The customer service is fast and helpful. Already converted many of my colleagues into clients and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a tool that helps organise your hospitality small business.

Cons:

The color palette for the website,perhaps.

Petra

Smoobu just works

Comments: The most important consideration for me was to be able to sync instantly across multiple booking channels, including my own website. Now that I can do this it means I can have instant booking switched on without the stress of worrying about double bookings. Smoobu just works great

Pros:

I really love using Smoobu in my business, it is so easy to use across platforms, and it allows me to run my business the way I envisaged it when I started, by being responsive to the needs of my guests. It helps me to be professional and to stay on top of everything. It also helps me to sleep at night

Cons:

There is nothing that I dislike about the software, I recommend that anybody in the room rental, holiday letting or hotel business gives it a try

Patricia
Owner in U.S.

Did not work for my Vacation Rentals

Comments: I used this software about every minute of the free software trail, switching both my airbnb and vrbo 5 listings from current software to Smoobu. what a nightmare. I've been using Bookerville which is loaded with features, but doesn't quite have the smooth look of Smoobu. Instead of throwing my efforts into Bookerville, I thought all Softwares were the same.... No they are not. My Smoobu experience had be fall in LOVE with Bookerville and take the effort to expand my use of their numerous fully developed features. Describe my overall experience with Smoobu? Above all it convinced me that I had the best vacation software in Bookerville over all its competition.

Pros:

Very attractive. It has a very clean feel to it and nicely visual

Cons:

There were quite a few issues that I thought they may over time address, but I'd have to say the absolutely most shocking shortcoming of this software was an inability for guest who comes to your website to get an itemized quote. I actually called and arranged a VERY early morning conference call with this European based company.... and this is just one of the crazy, head scratching things about this software. It allows you to imbed a link from them to your own company website for guests to get a quote; but this is a total quote.... No itemized quote. So if you've got a $1000 refundable deposit, guests don't know that, its just this HUGE total, without details on cleaning fee, taxes, options, refundable deposit, etc. From here, the guests can contact you for the itemized quote and book. What the heck? why can't they book on line? why can't they see an itemized quote? This is just one of the things that Smoobu knew hosts would want, but that they didn't bother to do right.... and unfortunately one of so many half way done things .... I guess so they could add it to their feature list, but it is completely useless. Just having an itemized quote and booking the guest later would have been a huge help, but they couldn't be bothered to do this.... and with refundable deposits in one HUGE total ... hosts will have to clutter their websites with explanations.

Smoobu Response

2 years ago

Dear Patricia, thanks for your review! I quickly checked all your tickets and I understand where you are coming from. What you are looking for is a high end agency solution that can cover all your details for your business. we are however targeting owners and we are providing a very affordable solution. So indeed our software may not be what you need. But please also note that a product you are looking for will cost you a multiple of Smoobu. Also e.g. if you want to put a deposit you can add it to the extras that will not be displayed in the overall costs of the booking. So for your main point there is actually a solution we can offer. Wishing you all the best Philipp

Maximilian E.
Owner in Germany

Great Tool, Great People Behind, Simple and efficient

Pros:

More than 3 years ago, when I was looking for a simple but well thought through Chanel Manager, I came across Smoobu. Implementation was quite easy even for me as an inexperienced user of Chanel manager. In the last 3 years Smoobu has developed enormously and still offers me everything I need to successfully market my almost 20 accommodations. The support is always fast and efficient and suggestions are taken seriously! I'm sure I'll be happy working with Smoobu for many yearsand look forward to the next development steps.

Cons:

I do not habe any complains about smoobu. For me nothing is missing