• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.6 /5

About 7Geese

Modern performance management platform with goal setting, 360 feedback, 1-on-1s, recognition, engagement surveys and career management.

Learn more about 7Geese

Showing 25 reviews of 107

Andrew T.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-27

"Link Business Strategy with Individual Objectives, Measurement and Performance Reviews"

Comments: We wanted a system to easily allow us to execute our Business Strategy through the OKR mechanism and link these to our individual Performance Planning and Review for staff. 7Geese fits that bill.

Pros: 7Geese makes implementing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) in your business fast and efficient. It compliments this with integration to Performance Reviews and other feedback mechanisms to create a holistically mechanism to integrate Business Objective setting with staff alignment and engagement. It's simple to use and the interface is fast.

Cons: OKRs are a great way to set goals and align staff. Initiatives, which are the strategic steps to get to the Objective, need to be understood and tracked. 7Geese does not have a mechanism for this yet. If it did, it would be almost perfect. It would also be great if the software had better 'at a point' reporting on OKRs, so that more traditional static monthly status reports could be generated.

Sascha K.
CHRO / CIO
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-22

"Almost 6 months in and going strong"

Comments: - Excellent deployment support
- Fast and reliable help afterward
- Flexible and open-minded in solving 'special' issues/requests

Pros: - OKR management & tracking
- Ad hoc feedback option
- Structured reviews (especially the templates)
- Career path transparency
- Recognition

Cons: - Not (yet) very customizable in terms of look & feel (e.g. branding according to our CI). It's on the roadmap, though.
- Sometimes it takes more clicks than it should. Again, this is being addressed continuously. e.g. when creating new objectives, which was streamlined recently.

Natania M.
Director, People & Culture
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-22

"Always feels like they are an extension of our team!"

Comments: The customer service and performance coaches have all been excellent and very supportive and available. We are local and in the same city as 7Geese HQ so they have come onsite for training. I always feel I can count on them for guidance with an overall feature implementation strategy or simply just offering small advice to enhance our program. They are very responsive and open to our feedback.

Pros: We are utilizing the OKRs and 1:1 features the most. Its been a great way to support our transparent culture through direct goal alignment and open communication. The tool integrates with slack and our team likes that functionality for easy OKR check-ins and recognitions. The global templates for 1:1's and Feedback are very helpful, especially for emerging people leaders. The tool has taught us a lot about how to level up our approach to ongoing performance and support our coaching culture.

Cons: One feature update we would love to see is in the 1:1s.
A smarter way to modify a template because they can’t change without having to cancel all upcoming 1:1’s and reschedule, which causes a flurry of email activity, etc.
To be able to dynamically add or remove questions from a template on an upcoming date.
Almost every week I’m rotating out questions, so the current template system gets in the way. I’ve settled on doing it manually.

Jaybe A.
Design Director
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-04

"Amazing all around team engagement platform"

Comments: Over the past 5 years, our company has used a number of team engagement / OKR management tools and 7geese was by far the best. It has a rich set of features, the UI is well designed, and it made an impact on our employee experience.

Pros: All the major feature of 7geese are valuable in organizing and managing company-wide engagement but by far the best feature was the recognition integration with Slack. We struggled to publicly recognize individual employees for there efforts on a regular basis. 7geese allowed for everyone to easily recognize individuals but it also forced that recognition to align with company values. The result was that we drastically increased recognition of individuals who may not normally get recognized resulting in increased engagement.

Cons: Building out OKRs across the entire organization and teams were challenging at times. The ability to nest OKRs and align them up and down the organization lead us to create too many OKRs. It was then challenged to use 7geese to dig through all these OKRs to understand how the company was progressing. 7geese is very powerful but I would encourage companies starting to use it to start out simple and build up vs implementing company-wide, department wide, and team level OKRs

Marta K.
Head of People and Culture
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-05

"One of the best platform investments we've ever done"

Comments: Overall it's been an amazing journey for us - started with a great set-up, OKRs trainings, visits and consultation from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. 7geese truly made a big difference in how we run Mindvalley.

Pros: I like that it caters so many needs to better run performance of our company - OKRs, recognition, 1:1s and feedback. I like how lean and simple it is to use, and how much support I receive from our account manager. I've been recommending 7geese to many of my HR colleagues, as well as we've mentioned it in our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] book about managing culture :)

Cons: Better sync with BambooHR, e.g. departments don't sync properly with BambooHR. Better education and case studies about using company review cycles feature - we haven't utilised it properly yet.

Gerhard G.
President & CEO
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-06

"Great platform and wonderful customer support"

Comments: Introduction of OKRs to the company.

Pros: Mostly, the webinars, videos and the wonderful customer support.

Cons: Nothing worthwhile mentioning. Perhaps the option to use it on a EUR server, but this is a company related request.

• Reviewed on 2020-05-06
Anna F.
Director Customer Success
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-27

"Public Recognition is awesome"

Pros: I love that the Recognition Center aligns to my company's ethics categories and that everyone can easily see when our coworkers, teammates and people in other groups are going above and beyond. I think that the recognition center cultivates a culture of gratitude which is a huge part of keeping our teams cohesive.

Cons: I find the objective alignment to be kinda difficult to work and some of my colleagues are way less adept at using it and it causes friction in the beginning of reporting periods. That said, once things are set up, I like that the alignment flows up to my manager so as I check in to child objectives, my manager is notified and can see our teams' check-ins into the progress on department goals.

Anne S.
Senior Manager of Support

"Terrific organization"

Comments: I started using it with my new company who uses it, I wish I had had this years ago!

Pros: I love the 1:1 templates and recognition portions. Easy to use and can be implemented into our Slack.

Cons: Unable to start a 1:1 after the time. Example, if I have a 1:1 scheduled at 2pm and it's running late, I then need to reschedule for 215, etc.

Lavinia I.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-05

"Wonderful tool for OKRs, performance programs, feedback, recognition & more"

Pros: 7geese is great for tracking OKR progress in an easy, intuitive, visually aided way. It also makes it easy to organise, plan and review performance appraisals, feedback, recognition and 1on1s. It's definitely an integral part of our culture and we love using it.

Cons: Would be amazing to have a way to integrate a KPI dashboard as well, so both OKRs and KPIs are in one place.

Karen H.
PMM
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-01

"Good for company goals setting"

Comments: 7Geese is a starter tool for companies who want to change their organization's culture and to make everyone accountable of their actions and efforts.

Pros: 7Geese is great for recording company, departmental and individual goals and it tracks whether the individual has met them so that by quarterly or annual employee reviews, there are no surprises. If the employee is behind, he/she will know where they are behind and be proactive about it.

Cons: It's confusing when individuals are trying to connect their goals to team, departmental and company goals because there are goals from other departments that one can view and mistakenly tags their individual goals to other teams (ie. Sales, Marketing, Customer Success). Although it's understood why one can see other people's goals for transparency reasons.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-01
Maggie M.
Head of Exec Ops

"4C 7Geese"

Pros: Really like the visuals of the way everything "ladders up" with OKRs. When we were evaluating software options for OKR setting & tracking, the ability to have this view in 7Geese was a big differentiator from other companies, if I remember correctly.

Cons: I would love to see the feedback portion built out a bit further. I'd like to see more survey type capability.

Kasperi L.
Commercial Executive
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-27

"Makes the company transparent"

Pros: I absolutely love how it centralises a bunch of different processes important for development (1:1s, feedback, recognitions) and makes it transparent across the organisation

Cons: It sounds a bit cliche but I thoroughly like everything about it. Have already recommended it to my last company.

Idris O.
Product Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-24

"Feedback on 7Geese"

Comments: My experience has been awesome

Pros: The specificity of the feature for setting clear objectives and key results. It's equally easy to track performance

Cons: The 7 Geese Platform is great , not sure there's anything I do not really like about it

by 7Geese on 2020-11-26

So happy to hear you're enjoying our tool and seeing the benefits! Thanks for your review

• Reviewed on 2020-11-24
Kelly B.
Senior Copyright Assistant
Music, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-28

"General User of 7 Geese"

Pros: Very easy to use and has features relevant to the type of analysis I intend to give.

Cons: Sometimes the questions can be fairly open-ended and too much time can be spent on the answers.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-28
Gary M.
Area team lead
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Review"

Pros: Links the teams together to spread the various objectives down and up the team

Cons: Have to enter the data is certain ways not as intuitive as it would appear

Savitha V.
QA Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Awesome product"

Pros: It helps to recognize colleagues effort and appreciate one's hardwork .

Cons: Everything is good andit should be used by all organizations.

Austin R.
Business Owner
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-12

"Amazing Software for Team Engagement and OKR's"

Comments: I've been using this software for a little while now and I have to say that if the software keeps going in the direction its going in I'll be using it for a really long time. It's so straight forward and easy to use that I've had little to no problems. The only time I've ever had a problem the support was able to fix it immediately and I've never had the issue again.

Pros: The ease of access, tracking, managing and creation of OKR's for not only me but for employees as well is amazing. With the amount of detail and performance options with software allows me to comfortably and efficiently process what is needed. And with the fantastic support team, i've always had the help and support i've needed.

Cons: There isn't really much for me to point out to be honest. I only major things that would be a nice feature is to be able to track and view progress by complete/incomplete or by %,$ etc.

• Reviewed on 2020-12-12
Capra J.
Experience Design Manager
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-30

"Looks better than it is"

Comments: This is an immature solution to a problem that could be solved well, if only the knobs were in a different place.

Pros: The best thing about 7 Geese is having all the OKRs for your organization in one place. However, since it is almost impossible to navigate without creating an elaborate coding system for the many many KRs that end up being created, you don't get to experience any of the benefits of having it all in one place.

Cons: What would be the benefits of having all the OKRs in one place? Well, theoretically, you could track overall achievement against goals, for instance, if there were a master dashboard for looking at the state of all projects, or any kind of default view that made sense instead of the gigantic and ridiculous goose. It's as if the 7Geese team went out of their way to make everything difficult to navigate. The latency is terrible, so every time you change view it takes a long time to load; it defaults to personal OKRs, even if you have none, you have to constantly type in teams you use the most, as you can only belong to one team, it's needlessly difficult to view all the check-ins you've done on a KR; they're all lumped together and paginated. There's just so much to it that makes no sense and actually impedes understanding what is going on. Lots of our teams have gone back to using spreadsheets. I miss my excel dashboard, which let me easily get a feel for which KRs needed attention at a single glance.

• Reviewed on 2020-04-30
Remi A.
People Engagement Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-02

"7geese Review"

Pros: 7geese is extremely easy to use so I was able to navigate and implement some features across the business on my own. The review and feedback features were especially useful for us in carrying out some of our internal projects. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our implementation coach, was also super helpful. We had regular 1:1s and he always helped me resolve any issues I encountered.

Cons: Nothing. Everything has been perfect so far.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-02
Marvin S.
Director of Design
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-05-04

"Good product with room to improve"

Pros: Objective setting and tracking is my favourite feature. The base of 1:1s are okay but still not there yet.

Cons: Overall I think the tool works good at your personal view, but it doesn't do a great job of properly consolidating and highlighting what's going around you. Maybe that's intentional, but for my personal use case, I'd love or more customization of what I see on my "dashboard" or even screens like objectives. For example, when team members in my department want to view our department objectives, even when they aren't directly attached, they would have to go deep into the product to view this, there's not way to keep it top of mind for them other than maybe subscribing to annoying emails. Correct me if I'm wrong and this actually exists!

Isabelle D.
VP of Market Engagement
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-09-14

"Keep your team aligned while working remotely"

Comments: 7Geese has been a great contributor to the organization coming together while we had to start working online and remotely from home. Best of all, it has enabled us to continue to develop our core company value while doubling the size of the team. With 7Geese, we can easily recognize team members who align with our value and identify values that might need additional work and communication.

Pros: Two features that stand out:
- setting common objectives
- recognition

Cons: It can be overwhelming to configure the tool so that every team and function in your organization can use it. But once setup, it requires minimal time on a daily or weekly basis to maintain and bring value dynamically to the entire organization.

• Reviewed on 2020-09-14
Austin M.
Department Manager - Global Customer Support
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-25

"7-Geese, An Excellent Product"

Comments: The product is awesome, easy to use, and keeps me organized. It has to be the best product I have ever used to manage goals and OKRs.

Pros: This software is great in that it's easy to use, intuitive, and really allows you to keep tabs on your organization and what your employees are aiming toward each quarter.

Cons: The software isn't very configurable in terms of 1-on-1s. I have to schedule 1-on-1s anytime I want to document those conversations with my team. I wish it allowed you to enter these ad hoc.

Alan P.
Manager Product Pricing Operations
  • Reviewed on 2020-04-21

"Good tool for tracking objectives."

Pros: The alerting system is simple but necessary. An email once a week helps me stay focused on my objectives.

Cons: There needs to be more options for tracking your objective progress. You can track with %, #, $ or complete/incomplete. Not bad but more options or the ability to make a custom tracking metric would be great.

Jennifer W.
Front Desk Administrator

"Review of 7Geese"

Comments: Over all this is a delightful system, EZ to maneuver,

Pros: Employees are EZ to input into the system, change, and delete. Recognizing employees is also simple. I liked that others comment on Recognition given to people.

Cons: I don't like that what l input for my performance is shared with people. To me it's something I'm working with my manager on. Would like a schematic on all the drop down windows.

Jennifer S.
Director of Customer Happiness
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-06

"Fantastic tool to align and grow team"

Pros: I love being able to see OKRs across the company, to be able to celebrate people's growth and achievements with comments and recognition, and to reflect together on opportunities with performance reviews and regular meeting templates. It's really transformed our company! I also really appreciate the customer success team's support and guidance. Great service.

Cons: Some of the KR measuring labels feel a little limiting. I wish there were more 1:1 recurrence options, and a way to consolidate recognition posts, visually, when recognizing several people for the same thing. I wish all of my little typo changes or adjustments to my OKRs didn't populate the feed, but that's no biggie. Overall I'm a big fan!

• Reviewed on 2019-02-06