About Jotform

Ideal for businesses of all sizes, it is a form building tool that helps users create survey forms while also reviewing submissions.

Learn more about Jotform

Pros:

For surveys, reviews, or gathering any information from a group of people, JotForm is a simple solution. The program is incredibly simple to use and their customer support is very responsive.

Cons:

Sometimes, there are delays on the sender’s end showing that the form has been completed. It’s usually not long - a few minutes, at most, but it can be annoying when we’re on the spot.

Jotform ratings

4.6
4.3
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

Jotform has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,043 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Jotform before?

Filter reviews (1,043)

Akshat
Akshat
Business Owner in India
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees

Make simple forms online in no time!

4.0 last month New

Comments: Jotform has been of great help to my business as it has made it easy to collect customer data, feedback, manage contracts, etc. I love how easy it is to add collaborators to a form and manage them as well. The templates especially have been of great help to me and their support team is wonderful too. Plus Jotform also provides powerful integration with 3rd party apps like Paypal, Zoom, Google Sheets etc which makes our work a whole lot easier.

Pros:

Jotform is a decent tool for creating forms, surveys, app templates, table templates etc online in no time. Jotform has a wide variety of pre-made templates under types, categories, and profession which can be personalized further as per the user's need with an ease. It can help create everything from simple lead generation forms, to payment forms, and application forms with an ease. The Jotform sign features also allows us to create and share documents and get them signed digitally.

Cons:

I haven't found anything that bugs me about Jotform it does deliver what it actually promises. I love using it to create my forms in no time.

Alternatives Considered: SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: We switched because we wanted to try Jotform as well.

Switched From: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: We chose Jotform because of its simplicity and variety of templates.

2 days ago

Hello Akshat, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a positive review. Your feedback is much appreciated. If you have concerns or suggestions, please contact us using our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Ismael
Guest manager in Spain
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Jotform in tourist rentals

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: In general, my experience is very good and has allowed me to keep better accounting records and on the other hand to have better control of the condition of the floors and the identification of potentially dangerous reserves.

Pros:

It allows us to carry out a check-in registration by our check-in agents, where you can register instantly if there is any problem in the apartment or with the guests, everything is done through a form that has logical answers to send email alerts in case there is a problem.On the other hand, it allows us to keep track in real time of the money of rates received by the agents.

Cons:

We would like to customize even more the automatic messages/warnings to make it easier to identify them in the mail. On the other hand, we miss more modes for the forms with more options, such as being able to enter an unlimited number of photos without this number having to come predetermined by default.

Alternatives Considered: Google Docs and Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: They were all very similar, but at the user level it was much clearer and also allowed very easily the automation of emails based on responses.

last week

Hello Ismael, We are grateful that you took the time to leave us a positive review. Your feedback helps us improve service for everyone. It is possible to disable the limit on number of files to be uploaded in the file upload properties. But, the max file size for each file is capped at 100mb. For more information, you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/33-changing-the-file-upload-size-limit/. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
System Specialist in Sri Lanka
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Powerful Online Form Automation System

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: As of Today, We are using JotForm over 4+ years continuously. We did not face any kind of system issues or troubles so far. We use it daily to collect our customers data and responses via 25 Jot Forms. Currently we are using Google Sheet and Google Drive integration which is really helpful for us to archive our daily targets. Their massive Template collection, Integrations and Widgets were very supportive to our business everyday. Finally i should say, as a system admin, JotForm is a Very Powerful Form Builder that can archive anyone's business requirements with a grate value by using only few simple clicks.

Pros:

First of all, The user interface is brilliant. Very easy to understand. Easy Drag and Drop form builder saves lots of time in our corporate life. JotForm design process is very straight forward and gives ability to customize out forms according to our requirements. It allows our team to collaborate simultaneously which is a grate feature that i did not see from other competitors before. Another Plus point is that JotForm has lots or integration options with 3rd party systems like Paypal, Stripe, Skrill & etc. They provide few different pricing plans with a very attractive Free Plan which includes 5 Free Forms. Of course JotForm has a reasonable price when compare to its competitors. It has a grate library with over 10,000 Templates. E Signature is a another grate feature to mention.

Cons:

Sometimes, Its confusing to find the right template for us. But eventually we do. I would appreciate if they can improve their customer service center. sometime it is harder to get a help instantly form their side. Better if they can implement more Tutorials and Guides us to follow.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Forms, Microsoft Forms and SurveyMonkey

4 weeks ago

Hello Kavindu, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience using our platform. You can check this link, https://www.jotform.com/help/, to view our quick guide. Rest assured, we're always working to add new services and features to Jotform. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us via the support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be glad to assist.

Karma
Special Education Teacher in US
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Powerful, professional tools for your small business, with no hit to your bottom line

4.0 last month New

Comments: Jotform helped bring my small business venture to life by providing inspiration and needed tools without a grand investment that I simply wan't ready to make. It has helped me learn new ways to add accessibility and interactivity to user interfaces across platforms by making these options easy to use and understand in their form editor.

Pros:

Jotform has such an impressive array of elements to drag and drop into your form it is a near certainty that you will be inspired by it all. File uploaders, music streaming, video players, sketchpads, even interactive dice to roll, it's all there! Most of these options include a field for CCSS customization, as well, helping with brand fidelity or jsut making it yours. Beyond the aesthetics are plenty of security options such as email verification, phone number verification, ReCaptchas of all kinds (think visual, audio, and even drawing!), data capture, field masks, and more. Payment portals can be set up directly in the form and linked to their easily customized store inventory widget or to whatever dynamic data stream you create with their form calculation and dependent action tools. Small businesses can streamline this crucial piece of their online presence and do it with personality and professionalism, all with no out of pocket expense.

Cons:

Data calculation and dependent actions are all possible in Jotform. However, the process is facilitated through the strategic placement and coding of form calculation fields that need to be hidden from user view and generally clutter the worksapce for editing. While there are many hints and reminders built into the steps to add these actions, I am fairly certain anyone that is not comfortable with setting up spreadsheet automations might feel overwhlemed or confused by the process. Since these are not needed by all users, it is certainly not a dealbreaker. Additionally, the majority of Jotform's "flashy" options are in the form of "widgets" that appear to be affiliate-created or sponsored for the most part, such as the Vimeo video player or Facebook Messenger button. Because of this, it is hot or miss what type of data you will render from them or how to do so. For widgets built simply for looks, like the graphic headers or page dividers, this is obviously not an issue. But for others you can end up with data that is nearly impossible to use dynamically. Take the "fancy range slider" for example. Users slide the ends to create a range within a set provided by the form creator. The data that this produces is read as the beginning number of the range and the ending number of the range strung together (ex: starting page=2, ending page=10, resulting data= 210), making it only of value by manual analysis.

last month

Hello Karma, Thank you for the detailed review of our platform and recommendations. We are glad that you are able to check our available features and widgets. If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us through our support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We will gladly assist you.

Tim
Tim
Design Director in Philippines
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

A great transition from manual to digital

Comments: Overall, we've used Jotform quite regularly now and we haven't had any complaints yet. Of course we've tweaked the forms in order to make the experience smoother for our team. It is quite easy to learn, and we've even added in some computations in the forms, and it's been really helpful. It does take a while to figure out the approval feature, but once you've overcome that hurdle, it gets easier. I particularly like the fact that we can customize it just enough so it doesn't look like Google Forms or Microsoft Forms.

Pros:

We use Jotform for leave applications and petty cash requests in our small team. Before Jotform, we would typically do it manually and though it is seemingly mundane, does contribute to some inefficiencies specifically for me an my partner who approve these requests. Jotform helped streamline all those. I like the feature that allows people to sign in the digital forms. This allowed us to completely remove some of the basic forms we have in our office and just transition to digital. It then gives us a PDF report after.

Cons:

The free version is quite generous, allowing you to use the useful features of the app. I do find the pricing a bit expensive. It start from free and then suddenly jumps to 34 USD.

Alternatives Considered: Typeform

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Jotform had the ability to sign forms. It also had more field features like computations, and also had the feature of exporting the form as a customized PDF report. We still use Microsoft Forms internally for some functions like our HR Tests.

Switched From: Google Forms and Microsoft Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Jotform's free tier is quite generous and had the ability to capture signatures. Both two may have a much cheaper option, but since we aren't a heavy user of forms, we opted for the best free tier.

2 months ago

Hello Tim, Thank you so much for the positive review. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at https://www.jotform.com/contact if you need help with your form.

Rhonda
Supervisor in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Versatile forms

Comments: I am confident that the forms I create using JotForm are professional and functional. The surveys are what I use most often. I am not on site with employees to supervise on a regular basis, I send surveys to patients and their families to make sure that they are happy with the employee and that all required daily tasks are completed. I use JotForm to collect health data and if need be HIPAA compliant forms.
I use a "2-in-1" laptop/tablet often, JotForm functions on that and my desktop computer. I get timely returns because of the mobile responsive forms. I would like JotForm more if the site was organized.

Pros:

All forms are mobile responsive and a mobile app for Jotform can be downloaded on your phone. Forms can even be created on the mobile app. The desktop and mobile are similar. Choose from many themes and templates., choose from classic form and card form. Form fields are less restrictive. Manipulate forms by drag and drop. Widgets can be added to forms for e-signatures and check lists. Image slide is another choice. Forms can be automated and decrease workload. JotForm advises on how to get better response rates from your forms.

Cons:

I spend a lot longer than I want using JotForm. It takes a long time to find the right template, the right theme, and personalize them. The freemium plan is restrictive. The customer support team did not answer my questions or solve my problem. I had to ask another JotForm user how to even reach them because JotForm is unorganized.

4 months ago

Hello Rhonda, Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are pleased to hear that our product benefited your company. You can go through our Form templates section here: https://www.jotform.com/form-templates/. Please note that our Freemium plan is to experience the features and services we offer in our form builder; hence we encourage users to upgrade their account if they want to have unlimited access to all the features. Jotform customer service is available 24/7 through our support system at https://www.jotform.com/answers/, with an average response time of less than 2 hours. If you have any suggestions, please contact us using the support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact.

Deniz
Consultant in Turkey

Jotform is the best (if you don't mind the price)

Pros:

Jotform is realy the best tool about survey and appointment purposes. They have tons of automations features and it has easy of use charachter. Also customer support is very fast and kindly.

Cons:

Prices! To be honest jotform is very expensive. Thats why althought it was my favorite tool, ı dont use it because of price. Especially country like Turkey which is inflation rate is more than %150, this price is not normal. I think they should define different price point for different country. Or should serve some discount coupon.

Alternatives Considered: YouCanBook.me

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: There is just one reason; Price. You can make free survey via Zoho and you dont have any limit. That s amazing. Also Bookafy can serve many features with free version. I started to use these tools free version and after a while convert my freemium plan to paid plan. Also ı have thousands of students which have to use that kind of tools, and ı suggest these tools to all of them. Because their free versions are very powerfull.

Switched From: Zoho Forms and Bookafy

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Easy of use. Customer service and Automations features.

6 months ago

Hello Deniz, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed our integrations.  We do have localized pricing if you live in Turkey. We do believe that our pricing is justified with the features and security added to the form. We are committed to providing quality products and services to you.  Please use our contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ if you have questions.

Lacy
Marketing Strategist in US
Utilities, 501-1,000 Employees

Fantastic form builder works exactly as I hoped, and then some!

Comments: Pleasantly surprised by its functionality, we use Jotform for much more than we originally planned: surveys, application forms, online calculators, and more. I wouldn't go back to our previous solutions if you paid me to.

Pros:

Jotform is the first software that consistently does exactly what I want. Every. Single. Time. There's a help topic or community response for everything I've tried to create. It also integrates with our email marketing service, which makes customer communication and follow-ups a breeze. I'm a sucker for flawlessly executed conditional logic, and Jotform does this extremely well. Essentially, every feature I look for is there, ready to do what I need it to, without any kinks, hiccups or work-arounds. Brilliant!

Cons:

There's no drawback I can think of for Jotform. The only thing that took more effort than I would have liked was verification for sending automatic emails from our domain, but this is only because our organization has tighter security than most.

Alternatives Considered: Paperform

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Prior to Jotform we had several services that did a portion of the job and not as well as Jotform: SurveyMonkey is relatively expensive for its functionality and often prompts users to take another (unrelated) survey after submitting their original survey. This confused our customers, particularly during election cycles when political surveys were recommended upon submission. Sitefinity has a built-in form builder that is...okay. I wouldn't recommend using it for anything but the most basic forms. Calconic is limited to calculations and required complicated hidden steps to compete the calculations we needed. It wasn't expensive, but we didn't use online calculators enough to justify the cost.

Switched From: Calconic, Sitefinity and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Paperform is brilliant, but based outside the US. Our organization needed customer data to be stored within our country (USA) and Paperfom couldn't guarantee that it would be. In hindsight, I'm happy Paperform had this limitation because I'm so thrilled with Jotform's functionality.

6 months ago

Hello Lacy, Thank you so much for your awesome review. That really means a lot. We are also glad to know that Jotform works exactly for your needs. If you come across issues, make sure to contact us in our Support System via our Support Contact Form: https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Elsa
Assistant Director in US
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Jotform is a great form platform.

Pros:

I like the different ways the a form in Jotform can be embedded on other sites. Different CMS have specific scripts and Jotform scripts for embedding forms make it easy to adjust as needed.

Cons:

I would like the quiz feature to be a bit more prominent and useful. Additionally, I'd like to be able to use analytics to track features on the form.

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms and Microsoft Forms

Switched From: Google Forms and Microsoft Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: I chose Jotform because the features and security were more advanced.

7 months ago

Hello Elsa, Thank you so much for your positive remarks. It's great to know that you found convenient ways to embed the form in your website. As of the moment, we do not have any other quiz feature except using our Quiz Form app. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/289-turn-your-form-into-a-quiz-or-exam/. If you're looking for form analytics, here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/425-understanding-form-analytics-and-ways-on-how-to-get-your-users-info/. We also have Facebook Pixel Widget that you can add in your form to trace your form submissions: https://www.jotform.com/help/1072-how-to-track-form-submissions-with-facebook-pixel/ and also Google Analytics https://www.jotform.com/help/1076-how-to-track-online-form-submissions-using-google-analytics/. If you have more questions, please contact us using our Support Contact Form https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Whit
Director of Marketing and Communications in US
Higher Education Software, 51-200 Employees

A great form builder

Comments: We use Jotforms across the college for submissions from partnering departments for design and web update requests. This allows us to keep all the information in one place rather than rely on emails. Plus, we have a historical record of all the requests in a given year.

Pros:

Jotforms is a simple way to create forms to obtain information and has powerful features for advanced form building. The form builder is drag and drop and provides plenty of options for customization. There is a free version with plenty of features and a cost-effective paid subscription that unlocks plenty of helpful features.

Cons:

The UX on the submission side is not great. When navigating to the forms to review submissions, I oftentimes have to think twice about where to find them.

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms and Formstack Forms

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Jotforms has more features and has more flexibility in the way that the forms can be customized.

Switched From: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: We like the look of Jotforms and the overall user experience better than the other software that we reviewed. The pricing structure works better with our budget and they offer a 50% Education discount.

10 months ago

Thank you so much for your awesome review Whit. We greatly appreciate it. We believe that viewing the form submissions is easy. On the My Forms page, you only have to select a form then click the Submissions button on the top menu or click Inbox within the form menu to view the forms submissions data. You can also click the number badge just above the form icon to view the submissions data without leaving the page. Example: https://link.jotform.com/SQahsLiiD0 If you have a better idea, please share it with us at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can open a feature request. Thank you so much!

Business Consultant in Laos
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Great Flexible tool for all your Form Needs

Comments: I have used Jotform over the years for many different usage cases. Surveys among a larger group of people, intake forms for trainings and evaluations of meetings etc. - its easy and quick to put together a form, its just as easy and quick for your audience/clients etc. to fill the forms out and its equally easy and quick to make use of that data through their exporting functions. For my (not continual and in large volume) usage I only ever needed the free version. There are some additional functions if you pay as well. The only time I had an issue was when a PDF export function did not work as expected. The engineers got back to me within a short time frame - I was impressed.

Pros:

Form templates can easily be adjusted or you can start from scratch. Its easy to set up and use, simple for people to enter their data into your form and your export functions are great (Excel, or each respondents answers as PDF). Customer support is reactive, competent and polite. And all of that even though I have ever only used the free version!

Cons:

The only downside might be that the individual settings for each form are a bit hidden. Once you know where they are its not hard to find them, but you might be searching the first time around how to ensure some of the settings are set up in a way that you want them to be.

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: I love the fact that Jotform is not attached to a big name compartmentalizing my business data across different providers in some ways. We already have so much stuff on google and microsoft servers. But more importantly, even the free version of JotForm gives you a lot more flexibility and added functionality when comparing it to MS Forms and Google Forms.

11 months ago

Thank you for such an awesome review towards our product and our customer support. We truly appreciate it. We are glad to know some of the features work well for your needs and that you find them convenient to use. Happy holidays!

Adam
Business & IT Manager in New Zealand
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Quick and easy form builder and data collection platform

Comments: We use Jotform for collecting internal and external user data in response to fast changing needs (e.g. requesting the health status of those returning from areas that have just come out of Covid lockdowns). The API means we can directly add responses to databases, while Zapier integration allows us to add response to spreadsheets for further analysis.

Pros:

Jotform are always releasing new features to meet customer needs. The cost is relatively low compared to other offerings

Cons:

The default form controls are somewhat limited, and there is an overall reliance on 'market'/3rd party widgets.

Alternatives Considered: Cognito Forms

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Cost (lowed) and functionality (better)

Switched From: FormAssembly

last year

Thank you so much for your nice review Adam. To clarify, we have all the basic form controls available in the form builder and we also added a lot of fields with advanced features like Appointment, Signature, Products, Fill in the blank fields and etc. Furthermore, almost all published widgets are developed and maintained by Jotform even those widgets with integrations from 3rd party services like Adobe Sign, DocuSign, and more, and we also allow our users to create their own private widgets too. If you think there's any form control that we overlooked, let us know at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ and we would be happy to forward it to our developers for future implementation. Thank you!

Arlène
Health Care Consultant in Switzerland
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

If you need to create online forms, look no further!

Comments: I have had a positive experience with JotForm

Pros:

For me, there is no doubt: JotForm is THE one tool everyone should look into when it comes to creating online forms. It doesn't matter what you need the form for and whether you need one form or ten... JotForm is going to be a valuable resource for you. Of all the different things it brings to the table, my two favorite features are its templates and integrations. Why wasting time to create a form when there are others who have already created them for you? It is crazy to think that JotForm has a template library with over 10,000 items with pretty much every category you can think of (like booking forms, request forms, payment forms, just to name a few). And if you would like to do something with your form other than simply collecting information, you will be glad to read that JotForm has over 100 integrations with many tools you are probably already using, like PayPal, Zoom, Google Calendar and Dropbox. This is great to create simple, yet powerful automated workflows to do many different things with JotForm.

Cons:

Depending on how often you use forms, you may find that the JotForm free plan isn't enough for you (at the moment, it has a limit of 100 monthly submissions) so you are likely to end up having to pay for it. I would say that this is the one thing I like the least about the platform.

last year

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, Arlene. We are extremely grateful for your great words towards JotForm and we highly appreciate it. You're the best!

Isaac
Business Development Specialist in Ghana
Program Development, 51-200 Employees

An amazing multipurpose platform beyond just data collection

Comments: JotForm actually saved our project from collapsing. In the middle of a survey we had launched with a different platform, we were encountering severe technical issues that caused our data collection activities to completely stall. Migrating to Jotform not only solved all of those problems, but offered us features we didn't have with our previous service. Features that allowed us to cut down enumerator errors during survey administration, improve our agent remote monitoring protocols, and generally enrich the survey experience for our data analysts, survey respondents and field agents. It was absolutely amazing.

Pros:

Well, first is the ease of use.With Jotform, survey creation to deployment in a matter of minutes isn't just a marketing gimmick...... we were actually able to do it. The quickly customizable templates and very user friendly feel makes it a joy to work with. Also, when we first signed on, we were migrating an active survey from a different service (which was giving us a lot of technical issues) and the customer service support we received was absolutely amazing.

Cons:

Response data was being produced as links instead of the intended .pdf forms we had hoped.....when we first launched. And we struggled a bit to understand what was actually happening, but we later figured out the cause and solved it. That has been the only record of any issue we ever had with JotForm.

last year

Thank you for sharing your great experience using JotForm. We are really happy to hear your overall satisfaction including your experience with our customer support team. Thank you and have a good one!

Natasha
Owner in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Love JotForm

Comments: It's been great. It streamlines so much of my business. It's become a vital part of my processes and workflows.

Pros:

I like the ease of use and the conditional formatting. I love the API features and the fact it interconnects with the other products that make my business work.

Cons:

That I can't have an additional user (one other one) unless I get five other users. I don't love the fact that the data isn't stored in Australia or that I don't have the option of doing that. I hate the fact they upsell HIPAA Compliance to health practitioners outside of the US as HIPAA isn't designed for anyone outside of the US.

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: The conditional formatting and the ability to design my landing pages.

last year

Thanks for your review. Glad to know JotForm helped you in your business. Just FYI, we have an Enterprise solution where you can have a sub-account feature as well as choose your server location e.g. in Australia so your data never leaves your country. HIPAA is also optional in Enterprise. Please check this out https://www.jotform.com/enterprise. For the standard version, since HIPAA is all about safeguarding PHI, all users from different parts of the globe specifically those who also operate in the US can choose to enable HIPAA if they are subscribed to the Silver or Gold plan. If you have more questions, let us know at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Best online form platform I've used

Comments: The experience has been WONDERFUL! Their support team has always been able to help me navigate any issues, especially in the beginning when I was learning the features that aren;t common in other systems. Now, I can get what I need from their support documents.

Pros:

I like jotform for its simplicity. I have used many other platforms to build online forms and Jotform BY FAR outshines them all. It is super easy to use and very user friendly. I like that they have make the user experience so easy to build, implement and tabulate results.

Cons:

I haven't really ran into anything that I don't like about the software honestly. Anything I have ever wanted it to do is built into it already or they have an integration already in place to assist.

Alternatives Considered: Formstack Forms

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Ease of use and features available

Switched From: EmailMeForm

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Jot form seemed more in tune with product features and integrations .

2 years ago

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to hear about your overall satisfaction using JotForm. Best Regards!

Mark
Director of Web Services in US
Higher Education Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Build Powerful Web Forms in a Snap

Comments: I needed to quickly build an embedded form for my website. I registered for an account and completed building the form minutes later. After a few minutes of learning which CSS classes were applied to each form element, the look and feel of the form only took a few more minutest and it was pulling data to the spreadsheet.

Pros:

Ease of use and ability to customize a forms CSS to my university's branding standards. Forms are simple and intuitive to build with many options. From standard short and long fields to file upload capabilities, JotForm has many tools to get the job done. Branding was easy to customize by having direct access to the CSS through the form interface.

Cons:

At the time of use, JotForm's pricing structure wasn't optimal for my organization. We had a few users who needed to create and manage forms but we couldn't find a level of access that gave us what we needed. Overall, the structure that we needed was affordable for single use, but not for multiple users.

Alternatives Considered: Wufoo

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: We use JotForm in conjunction with Google Forms. JotForm offers more robust customizable CSS functionality to match branding standards of an institution. The branding allows a more consistent look and feel to be applied rather than a set of predetermined templates in Google Forms that don't match brand standards as much.

Switched From: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: The functionality of JotForm and Wufoo allow us to support embedded forms from both platforms, along with Google Forms.

2 years ago

Thanks for your awesome review. The ability to customize the form with CSS injection is indeed what most users like because you can do pretty much everything on the form design like matching your branding colors. Cheers!

Eoin
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Very Good and Constantly Improving Online Form "System"

Comments: We are using Jotform for completing our onboarding "paperwork" with our new clients. The conditional formatting option is very helpful in reducing unnecessary questions for different types of clients.

Pros:

Jotform started out as a simple webform application and has grown tremendously since I started using it in 2015. The ability to easily create basic forms with templates is fantastic. The incredible number of form field options and widgets makes creating complex forms with great conditional formatting options. HIPAA compliance and form Encryption make collecting sensitive information very secure. Customer service is quick to respond and people trying to use JotForm to create forms for Phishing are identified and locked out until they prove they are legitimate (it happened to me when trying to create an online W-9 for our clients.

Cons:

JotForm just released JotForm Reports which may solve my primary "complaint". While you can create awesome notification emails which shows the data collected, You are not able to specify in the notifications to exclude fields with no response. This was important for us and required we use a different vendor since we could not create a workaround.

Alternatives Considered: Gravity Forms

2 years ago

Thanks for your excellent review. We are glad that your complaint has been resolved. By default, empty fields are not shown on sent email notifications. There's a setting in the email notification where you can enable/disable this feature. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/256-How-to-Hide-Empty-Fields-on-Email-Alerts If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us in our Support System through this contact form https://www.jotform.com/contact/. Best Regards!

Kathleen
Marketing Director in US
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees

Form Builder that keeps getting Better

Comments: I create all the forms and share them with several faculty and staff here at the College. The software very intuitive, so there's little training needed for others to work with it. The notifications are highly customizable, so for each form I can control who sees the submission, the workflow and the response to the submitter. I've watched the company grow, offering more support and more features, while still keeping the cost for the end user reasonable!

Pros:

When Adobe stop offering their online form option, I needed a replacement! I researched a variety of options and went with JotForm. The top features are the ease of use (great interface even for beginners), available templates and the ability to export the form in a variety of formats - embed in a website, fillable PDF, email, etc. Another valuable feature is the management of submissions. Simple to use, easy to manipulate or expert.

Cons:

At first, there were some accessibility issues. The developers are currently addressing those issues; they just offered a webinar on how to incorporate ADA compliance. Most of the minor problems when I first started using JotForm have been addressed or improved.

Alternatives Considered: Wufoo, Google Forms and Formstack Forms

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Adobe abandoned its online form software. I needed a replacement.

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: I wanted to be able to customize my forms, have numerous collaborators, an easy graphical interface and a reasonable cost. JotForm fit the bill!

2 years ago

Glad you find JotForm valuable for your needs. It is also great to know that your issues has been resolved. Best Regards!

Christopher
Christopher
PLC Technician in US
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees

The Most Powerful Form Builder Online, Anywhere.

Comments: Fantastic. From the limitless possibilities with the form builder to the knowledgeable Q&A support staff, JotForm definitely has a winning solution. I would recommend this for small and large businesses, from technical to food service, from cars to dress alterations, from vacation rentals to feedback portals. The people at JotForm listen to feedback and feature requests, I myself was able to have a widget updated after I found a bug that had previously gone unnoticed. You won't find a better combination of power, flexibility, compatibility, user-friendliness, and helpful support in such a refined package.

Pros:

In short, everything. For starters, the ability to sign up for free and begin immediately creating forms that work within minutes is unmatched. I am impressed by the extensive amount of widgets that can be utilized for custom data entry, from QR code scanners to file uploaders to widgets that can perform custom calculations. The logic editor for controlling if and where questions, textboxes, widgets, etc. appear is very powerful and allows for virtually limitless form possibilities. I've used these to in conjunction with QR scanners to load pre-populated forms that allow technicians at my workplace to upload photos of machine issues, describe repair procedures, and even add parts used for repairs. Seperately I've also worked on forms used to report inventory / ERP data discrepancies that can be mailed to specific recipient groups based on which part of the ERP system is in question. I could ramble on about the endless customization with the design editor, the ability to do advanced back-end coding including the addition of dedicated HTML, PHP, and other code languages, the ability to integrate forms with everything from Google Drive to Airtable to PayPal, secondary integrations with Microsoft Flow, you name it. And the amazing thing to me is, the forms look stunning on desktops, tablets and mobile devices. And if you don't like how a particular widget looks, crack open the CSS on the back end and you can build pretty much anything.

Cons:

The power and capabilities of the system can be a bit overwhelming to a new user. There isn't an easy tutorial to get you going right off the bat, so you're left searching at times for how best to accomplish a particular goal with your form. That said, the Q&A portion of the website is very helpful, and the ability to ask questions and get fast feedback more than offsets any initial disorientation. The only other con is the weak integration with Microsoft products and web-based services. I'm not sure what the issue there is, but it has been a hiccup during my integrations and projects. There are work-arounds for this, but those are weak as well. That said, JotForm is always developing new plug-and-play integrations, which means this is something that could be seen in the future. And they listen to their users' feedback.

Nathan
Nathan
Director, Management Information Systems in US
Public Policy, 11-50 Employees

Business forms made easy

Comments: We run the forms for all our websites through JotForm. The form responses are collected in a database and we are able to display the results in html tables on our intranet. There is even BI on tap, so questions that have defined responses, such as a multiple choice questions, can be visually represented on web pages as graphs. When it comes to collecting information, JotForm has become an indispensable tool in our arsenal.

Pros:

I became a JotForm user when Adobe sunsetted its FormsCentral product and I've never looked back. With a little effort, truly anyone can build an attractive, functional form using JotForm. You don't have to know any html, CSS, JavaScript, etc. That said, you will probably have to know some CSS to get a form to look just the way you want it to if you are adding it to your website. At least that is my experience. While the the form builder does allow for extensive customization, I've found that I've had to add my own CSS to achieve the perfect look I was seeking. Fortunately, JotForm makes tweaking the form look using your own code very easy. JotForm is a very mature and feature-rich platform that contemplates nearly any form need, from conditionals, to calculations, to autoresponders. All field types are available and it's easy to set the properties for each, such as required, character limits, hover text, example text, etc. Using URL parameters, you can pre-populate your form fields, too. You can also use hidden fields to perform calculations or set up honey pots for security. Perhaps the nicest thing about JotForm is all its options are available to every form you build, regardless of which level you buy (or even if the free tier is all you need). What you pay for is the number of forms and the number of submissions. There are literally hundreds of plugins that extend functionality, all included. Customer support is top notch and documentation extensive.

Cons:

We purchased a tier that allows up to ten users, however, only the primary user can create forms up to the tier limit--the others users essentially have the limits of the free plan. The only way they can avoid those limits is by moving forms they create to the primary user and sharing the form. I've also occasionally experienced issues with payment.

Patty
Patty
Director of Operations, Nepal in US
, 11-50 Employees

JotForm is the best way to gather information from anyone, for anything.

Comments: JotForm makes our team much more efficient. We're able to streamline processes that would normally take our team a lot of time to complete. For example, rather than posting a job application and combing through all the CV's that show up in our inbox, we're able to use JotForm to host the applications and easily view the submissions in one grid. We can also designate which team members should receive certain applications, so that everyone is notified in real time and there's no need to go through and forward messages. It's been so helpful to us, and I can't recommend it enough for automating processes.

Pros:

I love how customizable JotForm is. You can get it to do anything you want, with as many custom conditions as you want. We use this for both external-facing forms like job applications, and internal forms like incident reports and expense reports. I love that you can not only receive an email for every completed form, but also easily download a PDF of each one or download a spreadsheet summary of all responses to date. Or better yet, you can have JotForm deposit all of that straight to Google Drive for you. The form features are very robust, and I'm constantly taking advantage of new ones. For example, we have a very long form that users can choose to save before they submit it. I've set it up so that they get an email reminding them to go back and complete the form later. I also use the e-signature feature, the "upload file" feature, and I'm constantly setting up show/hide features. As in, if someone answers "Yes" to question 5, hide questions 6-9. JotForm has added a cool new feature to make their email notifications dynamic, so that only questions that are answered are included in the auto response. It's wonderful!

Cons:

I wish JotForm did a better job with compiling survey data. The feature to graph your results is buggy and looks strange. I was able to easily download my survey responses and create my own graphs in Excel, but I don't think JotForm would be my software of choice for another large survey (we've only done one so far). I also wish JotForm offered the option to have a default email formatting style. As it is now, I have to go in manually to each email template on each form and add our logo and other formatting.

Entrepreneur. Online Educator. Coach. in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

Been using this for years and Jotform has come a long way!

Comments: Great experience. The Jotform forms works with and without a website because you can just send people the link to any of your forms. For business owners just starting out, this is a great hack to get business coming in.

Pros:

Whether you use the free or paid version, you have access to templates that create professional looking forms.

Cons:

Although Jotform comes with templates, it did take a while to get used to using the software to create product based forms.

Alternatives Considered: Google Forms

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Over the years, Jotform added the ability to sell products with forms.

Switched From: Google Forms

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Jotform has more template choices as well as the ability to sell products.

2 months ago

Hello, We're so grateful that you took the time to share your feedback with us. If you need assistance with your form, please don't hesitate to contact us at https://www.jotform.com/contact.

Danny
Danny
Specialist in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

User for 5+ Years

Pros:

Jotform has been my favorite form builder since 2016. For me, it has been the most useful supporting my work in education advocacy and non-profit project management (for supporter intake, needs assessments, consulting clients, accountability for weekly goals and benchmarks, etc.)

Cons:

It is not uncommon for the platform to experience glitches as it expands and gains new features. However, it remains useful (versatile and powerful) regardless. The interface is simple and straightforward: you drag and drop elements, add widgets, integrate others tools, etc. Plus, you can view your form and embed it on your site when you are finished with it.

Alternatives Considered: Wufoo, Typeform and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Additional features

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: NPO discount

11 months ago

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Feel free to open a ticket with us whenever you experience any glitches in the system. You can contact us directly via our Support System: https://www.jotform.com/contact Regards!

Shilles Steven
Director in Malaysia

By far the best form software

Comments: I've used many form software over the years and I always keep changing them due to limitations in functionality and features. Then I came across JotForm and I was impressed and thought to myself, why didn't I came across this platform earlier? Everything I need to start a small business and grow big is here on this platform and I don't need a separate tool/software to manage orders, contacts, customer submissions, staff sales submissions and more. Just one form, and it's JotForm.

Pros:

This platform has all your needs to start off, from a regular form to a contract signing, orders managements, contact and more. Best of all, it allows you to integrate into most of the popular platforms seamlessly and it allows you to start small for free and grow big!

Cons:

I have not come across any cons yet besides that, the price is slightly high compared to other forms, but worth every penny due to the features in it.

Alternatives Considered: Wufoo and Paperform

Reasons for Choosing Jotform: Due to limitations in functionality and features

Switched From: Wufoo, Google Forms and Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Jotform: Everything I need to start a small business and grow big is here on this platform and I don't need a separate tool/software to manage orders, contacts signing, customer submissions, staff sales submissions and more.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for your nice compliments. We are happy to know that you find JotForm a worthy product. Cheers!