CoSchedule Marketing Suite Reviews

4.4 (101) Write a Review!

About CoSchedule Marketing Suite

CoSchedule's Marketing Suite is a family of agile marketing products that helps you coordinate your process, projects, and teams.

Learn more about CoSchedule Marketing Suite

Pros:

The feature I believe is most impactful is the scheduling of posts. Easy to use and saves time, you can plan and schedule promotional post for your business weeks even months ahead of time.

CoSchedule Marketing Suite ratings

4.2
4.3
4.2
4.0

7.8/10

CoSchedule Marketing Suite has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 101 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used CoSchedule Marketing Suite before?

Abigail
Abigail
Social Media Specialist in Kenya
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees

Great Social Media Marketing Tool

Comments: Coschedule is a great editorial calendar and social media marketing tool. I use it on my personal blogs so I've never tried out the collaboration tool. It's great for listing tasks and ideas for new blog posts as well as scheduling social media posts in advance.
Initially, I used the 14-day free trial, it was great but I kept wondering whether it was worth paying for seeing as I could use Hootsuite + other editorial calendars to plan my post.
I was given a 30-day free trial which made me sit down and begin exploring all the features that related to me.
*The headline analyzer helped me choose search optimized headlines with an emotional punch. rather than just choosing the first headline I could think off, I began paying attention to my headline scores and aiming for 70 and above headline score with power words.
*I'm a solo blogger I've ever used the collaboration tools but I used the task selection to remind myself to do things like: Create image on canva, proof draft post, identify keywords, draft five headlines, identify inbound and outbound links etc.
*Evernote integration: I have Evernote on my tablet and sometimes I have the draft post in there, I use coschedule to transfer the draft to WordPress and begin working on it.
*Social Campaigns: This to me is the best feature, i get to create social media campaigns from old, current or future existing posts, to send to my facebook, twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn,& Pinterest profiles. Coshedule offers 4 social media post types :Text, Link, Image & Video. I use this to create a variety of social media posts linking to the same blog post without being spammy.

Pros:

*Affordable *Efficient: the social media campaign/queue is the best I've seen *Headline analyzer: Most social media marketing and content marketing tools do not come inbuilt with a headline analyzer to help you choose the best headline for your post. *Collaboration tools

Cons:

I found out that scheduling blog post from coschedule doesn't work, I'll have to schedule it directly from WordPress to work, I realized that when I made a post and scheduled it to go out after a couple hours, only to find it saying "draft" in WordPress and "schedule" in coschedule.

Mackenzie
Director of Marketing Operations in U.S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees

Organize & Manage Projects Across Marketing Teams

Comments: Overall, CoSchedule has helped to align our various disciplines of marketing to keep projects organized and deadlines trackable. I would recommend this tool for that purpose.

Pros:

With the task and project templates, CoSchedule makes it easier to outline, manage, and scale projects that require cross-marketing collaboration. Taking the time to create Project templates (and matching task templates) has helped us to scale our capacity, keep our to-do's organized, and manage deadlines.

Cons:

This software lacks flexibility on the social media scheduling and channel management side of things. For example, you are unable to select a thumbnail image when utilizing a video post on Instagram. This means that we often have to post directly from Instagram, preventing us from both pre-scheduling posts AND tracking performance of these posts.

7 months ago

Thanks for the review, Mackenzie! I'm glad CoSchedule has helped with your project management. Although, I'm sorry to hear you're not completely satisfied with the social aspect. If you'd like to pass along any feature requests or receive best practice tips, please reach out to [email protected] We'd love to help!

Victoria
Victoria
Content Creator in Zimbabwe

Allows you to plan ahead

4.0 last week New

Pros:

This tool is perfect for people like me who are forever busy. I can just plan ahead and schedule all my posts and projects at once. On top of that, I can always edit anything into and out of my schedule. When it comes to project management, it's so easy to attach files and tag your teammates.

Cons:

The load time is slow. Other than that, I think everything works great.

2 days ago

Thanks for leaving your honest review, Victoria! We're so glad to hear you've been enjoying CoSchedule. If you ever run into trouble or have any questions, feel welcome to reach out at [email protected] We'd love to help!

CEO in U.S.
E-Learning, Self Employed

No respect for the user experience

Comments: Most notably, I've contacted customer service multiple times and each time the response I received made it clear that they didn't care the user experience. The tone of the responses were "yeah that makes a lot of sense, but we don't have that so deal with it." There was no interest in helping to figure out how to make a workaround or adding the request for a future update.

Pros:

I choose this program because it was recommended to me and because it could manage all that I'm working on in one place.

Cons:

It's only since I've gotten into the implementation that I realized this program is not user friendly. The UI is not intuitive and has not evolved with the need of the ever evolving needs of digital marketing.

Jaime
Communications in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great for keeping me on track!

Comments: My overall experience is great! I would highly recommend to anyone needing to stay more organized and focused on projects.

Pros:

I love that I can add all my projects + tasks and see them all in one place. I love checking off the tasks as they are completed, and it is quite motivating.

Cons:

There are a couple weird quirks- like there is no option to set an event for re-occurring every other week. There is also no way to have one main event with smaller events attached to it.

2 months ago

Thanks for this great review, Jaime! We appreciate you sharing your recommendation with the community. Feel welcome to contact [email protected] anytime with product ideas or suggestions. We're always looking to improve

Zahra
Zahra
Head of Business Ops in Pakistan
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Good till they increased prices

Comments: Initially it was great... but slowly things became confusing then turned upsetting. Support couldnt help too much as they did not have remote sharing for fixing problems... Eventually moved to SEM Rush

Pros:

ReQueue; This one tiny feature was great. Is still great but from the last 1 year you can't move around the rescheduled item anywhere. You have the option to delete it entirely or skip for 2 weeks. Initially it was NOT like this and it was good. The only social media scheduler that made sense... not anymore. We still love the headline analyser!

Cons:

Couldn't move around rescheduled items in Queue. No option for select all in archiving No option for select all when deleting Confusing reQueue mechanism since last december!

Oombawka Design
Oombawka Design
Crochet Designer. Ltd. in Canada

This is my favorite plugin. I use this calendar to manage all my posts.

Comments: Time management. The ability to organize and share on social media quickly. The ability to track posts based on social shares online. A great calendar that shows you what posts you have written and where they've been shared. The ability to requeue posts to be shared again in the future to specific accounts. The ability to share by image and alter text for Facebook posts.

Pros:

Coschedule allows me to schedule all my social media shares at the same time as I write and schedule my posts. It also lets me share other content with my readers easily with the chrome browser tool.

Cons:

I have submitted a suggestion to allow us to find duplicates in our re-queue calendar. In case we've accidentally re-queued 1 post multiple times. Currently you have to scroll and search manually to find duplicates.

Anna
Marketing Manager in U.S.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees

CoSchedule Gets 5 Stars!

Comments: It has been great! The time saving with scheduling out content is great. We have had great experiences with the customer service as well!

Pros:

I love being able to see all of our social and blog content scheduled out in one location. It is easy to schedule out content and ReQueue is amazing for the days when our content is light.

Cons:

I haven't gotten into so many of the features but don't really have a con for the Social Media Management part of the software.

5 months ago

We're so glad to hear you're enjoying CoSchedule, Anna!. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and the community!

Anabelle
Social Media Associate in U.S.

CoSchedule - Great Basic Social Media Tool

Comments: We were looking for a social media scheduling/management app -- and for the most part CoSchedule was just that. But we ended up needing some additional features that were not offered. We used CoScheulde for a few months before switching to another service. CoSchedule has all the basics for scheduling/publishing/monitoring your socials if that is what you are looking for!

Pros:

I liked the ease of use/design experience of CoSchedule. It was very easy to publish, schedule and view my content -- the interface is pretty self explanatory and easy to figure out how to use.

Cons:

I did not like that I could not see a preview of my posts as it would look on my feed (mainly for Instagram posts). Would love to see who my posts look next to each other after I scheduled out a week's worth of content. I also felt like the analytics were lacking, I've seen more in-depth stats with other social media management tools.

4 months ago

Thank you for leaving this review, Anabelle. We appreciate hearing your feedback because it helps us make CoSchedule better for everyone. If you decide to try CoSchedule again in the future, we'd love to answer any questions or hear suggestions at [email protected] We'd be happy to help!

Veronica
marketing executive in Italy

Great tool for keeping your project on track

Pros:

It's a valuable resource because I can easily manage all my projects, tasks, notes. I also like the possibility to customize the layout of my calendar and with the drag-and-drop system I can reschedule everything as needed. Plus, if my colleague or I want to edit a project, we will instantly receive a notification by email, so you're always aware of what's going on with it. And all of these features are free!

Cons:

Probably, I will improve the social media report in the analytics.

6 months ago

Thanks for leaving such a great review, Veronica! We're so glad you're enjoying CoSchedule

Elena
Director in Australia
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees

Streamline marketing, events and task management

Comments: An easy to use system with a great interface and awesome functionality.

Pros:

It's a one-stop shop for almost all of our business organisation needs. We started looking at it when searching for a social media/marketing management system, but it does SO much more. I LOVE the calendar view most of all. Being able to see what is due when at a glance is so very valuable. Colour coding different streams of the business makes planning easier across a team of people. We also love that you can assign tasks to team members. Event/blog planning and management are now super organised and easy - we create tasks for each component, assign them to people and set time frames and our calendar is automatically populated.

Cons:

It was a little expensive when we first signed up but they since reduced the price for the package we are on. We do use it all the time though. Wish there was an app where you could see your calendar view on your iphone/ipad.

Marissa
Office Manager in U.S.

Great Social Media Management Tool

Pros:

CoSchedule is really great for social media management. It allows you to post to multiple platforms at a time and schedule as far out as you would like. You are able to see previews of what the post will look like on each platform and CoSchedule alerts you to any potential issues (ie LinkedIn wont allow video uploads, etc). There is a "Best Time" feature so you can set a post to go out at the time they determine is the best to drive traffic - have found it to be very useful. You can also set time ranges as well and it will post at the best time in that range. Everything is super intuitive and there are many other features I have yet to use. CoSchedule also has a WordPress plugin for blog posting that is wonderful as well - you can schedule all the social posts to drive to the blog directly in WordPress and it will automatically schedule them on your calendar. CoSchedule also provides traffic metrics for the blog posts over social.

Cons:

I do not have much to say that is negative about CoSchedule. There have been glitches in the past, where a post won't schedule or a few times the platform went down. Those have been few and far between however. Overall it's a great tool.

Agnieszka
Community Leader in Poland

A few words from a heavy user

Pros:

I'm a heavy user of Coschedule. Actually, they even invited me to their podcast as they saw that we really use a lot the tool. I use it mainly as a Twitter and LinkedIn post planner as there's no option to schedule posts inside these tools. We also use it as an editor calendar to mark all new blog posts and email campaigns. The big pro is their easy drag&drop interface. I like the fact that you can change the time of publishing the post in a second (it's important when there's for example some problem with the application and we don't want to post anything then).

Cons:

I had some problems with the fact, that the tool unconnected itself with LinkedIn so the post was not published on time (and I was on holidays so didn't have the possibility to control it). They should also work on their system of planning the hours of scheduled posts - we also had some problems with them.

Brandon
Director of Content Marketing in U.S.

Content Calendar Organization Made Easier

Pros:

The calendar view at a glance is nice for me to see what types of content I have planned in the future without having to look at another platform. Plus, the integration with WordPress makes it easy to move back and forth pretty smoothly.

Cons:

The upload a doc functionality has not always worked. My team works with Google Docs and often includes images in the docs, which don't transfer into WordPress from CoSchedule very well in our experience. We have to upload the images separately to WordPress anyway so there is no time saved by uploading a doc instead of just copy/pasting the content. When they updated their pricing, they really pushed their social media scheduling feature, but we didn't need that because our company uses a different platform for social media. We were able to de-select that when upgrading our plan but we didn't need all the extra functionality the Team Marketing plan offered.

Chardonnay
Social Media Specialist in U.S.
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees

CoSchedule: Effective for offices with large project volume

Comments: Our office manages multiple social media accounts and delivers emails for our alumni clubs throughout the country. With CoSchedule, we are able to manage all of these and assign tasks and projects to specific people. There's no question of who is accountable for a project. In addition, we are able to link CoSchedule with Mailchimp and Slack, and every time a new project is added, we are pinged. Our overall experience with CoSchedule has been fantastic, and I recommend it to offices that manage a large volume of projects.

Pros:

CoSchedule is very easy to use. On my first day in the office, I was able to figure out how to use it within minutes. I manage multiple social media accounts, and I'm able to schedule posts for every account within a single platform. I can also easily add social content to email campaigns.

Cons:

Scheduling for Instagram isn't as effective because I am not able to tag other accounts, even within the copy of our post. I have to go into Instagram itself to post and tag accounts in order to increase engagement. If possible, CoSchedule should look into enabling the tagging feature for Instagram, especially because it's enabled for Facebook and Twitter.

Online Marketer in Singapore

Productive and useful tool to manage entire marketing campaigns!

Comments: Great time-saver and good productivity tool for online entrepreneurs!

Pros:

I loved the intuitiveness ans fluidity of the software, especially the marketing calendar! It operates like a typical software calendar, but everything is visual and graphically represented. When I need to manage the whole email marketing and marketing campaigns together with social analytics and team reporting, this software can deliver them all in one place! Very time-efficient and powerful! Not forgetting that I can publish all my blog content and social promotion, reuse workflow templates and approve those workflows. The crucial factor here is time-saver! I do not have to use multiple software to co-ordinate and track manually at all. If you are having your own business, you would really appreciate this factor, as you may have to perform multiple roles all at once. You can request a demo to check the usage of the software. I have tried it and I like the clean and modern interface. Again, the speed and responsiveness of software support, help and technical team support are prompt (not necessarily immediate) and timely to solve my doubts, enquiries and questions.

Cons:

Well, it does contain a lot of features. Hence, the learning curve may take longer; it takes a while for me to familiarise with the features and the exact steps to get a feel of the workflows. Nevertheless, it is worthwhile taking sometime off to learn as one starts using it. Cost is always an issue for good software. Unless you are working in a team, you may not need powerful functions like having snapshots of every project in one place, checking on project timelines and upcoming deadlines, and following up with specific teammates.

Aaron
Aaron
Digital Marketing Specialist in U.S.

Solid project management option with some quirks

Comments: A good tool if you're willing to go all-in and marry yourself to it's quirky architecture.

Pros:

CoSchedule is good at organizing projects and attaching tasks to those projects. The calendar view is also very userfriendly.

Cons:

There's tedium in managing lists. Why can't items be hidden when they're completed, for example? Linking projects and tasks together is also very clunky.

Partnerships and Tech Marketing Manager in Ireland

Smooth automation and time saving.

Pros:

We rely on the 're-queue' feature to continue posting evergreen content so that the content calendar and pipeline is focused on quality, not just quantity - but volume is taken care of without overkill thanks to the algorithm. Feel that some of the features CoSchedule has are not listed here vs. buffer. Wordpress plugin is good and useful. Task setting and collaborative use are great. Could easily be expanded into a wider project management tool and should be if you think of how content aligns with wider roadmaps.

Cons:

It's not cheap - we are investigating a move to Nelio that seems to have similar features for a lot less. (inc. the wordpress plugin.) Some people find navigations a little difficult in CS, would be good if it integrated with slack.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey
Marcom Manager in U.S.

An Excellent Time Management Tool

Pros:

I absolutely love the ability to reschedule posts for x-amount of future instances. Many of the blogs we do are listicles, and being able to plan out a posting schedule months in advance has saved us a ton of time. Reposting is a cinch. Collaboration is another big A+ feature. They don't make it difficult at all for someone to take over, share, and give back any piece of content.

Cons:

It's pricey. It's not the most expensive management tool out there, but for what they actually give you for what you pay, it seems a bit steep. It's also probably not the best tool for larger businesses. We're not huge by any means so CoSchedule works great for us, but I can see a lot of problems arising for larger businesses.

Blogger in U.S.
Online Media, Self Employed

Best feature is the Write Better Headlines

Comments: Overall experience has been beneficial for my blog especially as the Headlines Analyzer is a free option and most useful to title my posts right.

Pros:

The best feature in this is the Write Better Headlines feature which helps analyze your post's headline and slot it for better keyword and SEO placement. Also good for scheduling posts for social media promotion.

Cons:

Pricing package is a little pricey. The number of features through the paid package are more hence the overall learning curve is also considerably longer.

Rebecca
Rebecca
CEO in U.S.
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees

CoSchedule Is A Must For Writing Teams

Pros:

CoSchedule has workflow processing down to an art form! As the leader of a writing team I can't tell you how much time I've saved with this application. It's easy to schedule, assign, and monitor - all the way through sharing the content on a variety of social media platforms. I'm in love with CoSchedule!

Cons:

A little pricey but, it is a virtual assistant and that makes it a lot cheaper than a full-time employee!

Jess
Jess
Founder/Owner in U.S.

Awesome Tool for Blogging & Social Sharing

Pros:

CoSchedule is such an awesome tool for solo bloggers and teams. You can plan out your content, schedule it and even schedule it out several months to a year in advance. You can pretty much set it and forget it. It's great for teams to see what each person is working on and what needs to be done. It's also very easy to use and works right in your WordPress dashboard.

Cons:

The only thing I can really think of that I wish was different is that it's fairly expensive for bloggers just starting out. It would be nice if there was a lower priced option for beginners.

Josiah
Web Designer in U.S.

Coschedule is by far the best in its class, perfect for medium-sized businesses

Comments: The software completes all the necessary tasks, including scheduling social media posts, tracking their performance, and enabling a team to collaborate.

Pros:

Coschedule makes social media scheduling a very easy, streamlined process. It allows users to connect a number of social profiles and schedule posts to be released months ahead of time. It also has a number of other features, including the option to set up a social media campaign and post different media types.

Cons:

Unfortunately, Coschedule does not enable users to create custom graphics (in a way programs like Buffer do), and the social analytics are not as sophisticated as some available alternatives. Additionally, pricing ranges, so realistically only middle-large sized businesses should use the software.

Vice President Sales and Marketing in U.S.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

It's like cloning myself several times over

Comments: As the head of a small marketing team, my time is stretched incredibly thin. CoSchedule provides the ability to gain more time in my week by having routine content planned will in advance so I can more on ideas quicker.

Pros:

The lifesaving ability of this software is in its scheduling and templating. I save so much time by having templates for my weekly content that still allow me to dynamically input content so the posts stay unique. I can have all of my routine content pre-scheduled for the week, which allows me to focus on content as it happens and run with ideas faster.

Cons:

Some features are not very intuitive, and it is very difficult to find information on the specifics of them before you devote time to them.

Director of Digital Marketing in U.S.
, 11-50 Employees

Mediocre Content Calendar

Comments: It allowed us to create a content calendar and solidify our content marketing workflow.

Pros:

It is nice to have an online editorial calendar, where every team member can see the calendar and their responsibilities in one place. The tasks feature makes it very easy to manage our content from conception to completion. I also liked that I could save sets of tasks that we used often, so I saved time when creating new content projects and assigning them out.

Cons:

It is hard to share the editorial calendar with leadership teams. There is no print-friendly version that allows me to share a "content calendar" that leadership can review, and it's too clunky to have leadership inside the platform to review. I would have loved to have seen a print-friendly version or an export option that also allows for sorting by tags. The social media features were also not great--it was more like CoSchedule was checking the box for social media publishing. We would rather use HootSuite or SproutSocial. We often had issues with CoSchedule pulling the wrong images for social posts, even though we had specific OpenGraph images specified in the CMS.