15 years helping Canadian businesses

Zoom Events and Webinars Reviews

4.7 (5,932) Write a Review!

About Zoom Events and Webinars

Zoom Events and Webinars help customers host virtual and hybrid events and large-scale broadcasts.

Learn more about Zoom Events and Webinars

Pros:

Before buying the premium version, we were delighted with the customer service that provided the trial period that we managed to get into the system in the absolute way.

Cons:

There is often issues with freezing up or with sound kickback. Sometimes kids are kicked out or freeze for no reason.

Zoom Events and Webinars ratings

4.6
4.4
4.6
4.5

8.9/10

Zoom Events and Webinars has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 5,932 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoom Events and Webinars before?

Filter reviews (5,932)

Defney
Defney
software engineer in India
Industrial Automation, 2–10 Employees

Video conferencing made easier

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Zoom allows you to join meetings and webinars effortlessly. We can also schedule meeting and receive reminders about the same.

Cons:

The mobile application is a little confusing compared to the desktop access to zoom.

RICHARD
PROF. in Malaysia
Architecture & Planning, 51–200 Employees

Pros and Cons of Zoom Meet

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I really appreciate with the advancement in technology especially in Zoom Meeting since it allows meeting in long distance even just from your home, no distance barrier makes it a highlight point.

Pros:

As a teacher, I am able to conduct my teaching lesson with higher efficiency with my lovely students. Besides that, Zoom enables me to share screen during my lessons and enable my students to see the screen and shared materials crystal-clear. Plus, it provides better microphone so that my sound can be heard clearly.

Cons:

Some of the features is premium, so need to purchase, but mostly do not.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Living my business life on zoom

Comments: I’m in a good position to share the pros (& cons) as my entire business is run on zoom; my 1:1 clients, group coaching, workshops, masterclasses, Meetup networking group, live broadcasted webinars, and my team who all word remotely.
The pros are many:the company has grown substantially thanks to being able to use platforms line zoom. I love that they’re fixing and tweaking (filters etc) from time to time.
The customer service is undoubtedly appalling. For months and months we’ve been trying to fix the same problems - which are many - and keep coming up frustrated.
Have been researching moving to other platforms which come much more highly recommended, however need those platforms to have better filtering options and then we’ll be jumping ship.
In summary it’s not good value for money as soon as you move on from just the regular meetings subscription and the customer service is an abomination - they won’t even zoom with you to fix a multitude of issues.

Pros:

The pros are many: everyone knows what zoom is now, so makes it easier to run my business this way. Has great filters so I can improve my lighting (alongside ring lights etc) and touch up my appearance - love this feature! Can screen share with ease which is so great in my line of work (digital marketing coach) Can integrate with other platforms (switchboard for example) so can go live on multiple platforms. Can present huge presentations. Can record sessions to share with clients / attendees which is adding value.

Cons:

So much to dislike. - the worst customer service I’ve ever come across. We have multiple problems with the platform that have been plaguing us for months, and go figure - ZOOM customer service will not zoom with us to sort out the issues. Back and forth with customer service is a waste of time and fruitless. - Integrations with calendars can be extremely glitchy. - Go live function is terrible. Have had to pay for external software to make this happen. - have to pay addition $$ just to ensure that attendees can’t be seen on one of our weekly webinars. The price jump from meetings is high. - can have a pretty bad lag. Our internet in Australia is not world-class, but still you’d want zoom to be performing better a lot of the time. - the settings are complicated. - the recording situation is a nightmare. We want it ALL to go to the cloud, then we download to Dropbox and share with clients. This is the most problematic issue. When integrating with goal ajd Calendly this often iverrides and sets up as saving to the desktop. Can’t change settings without cancelling and resetting. Often gets stuck converting the file on desktop (can be very long recordings) and then we’re stuffed. Again, zoom customer service are seriously disappointing. So many more things I could mention ...

Joshua
Associate Professor in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Zoom makes webinars easy

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Since Covid began, Zoom is indispensable for people in higher education. I get upset if I have to use another platform!

Pros:

I can’t picture today’s world of easily attended, widely accessible webinars in my areas of interest without Zoom.

Cons:

Sometimes it is difficult to know who is host, and only the host can find out. But overall this is good, to limit access to those in charge.

Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Effective and Efficient tool for Event Management

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Being able to record helps in going back to discussion when needed. Also the caption feature is great addition.

Cons:

Being able to see the participants while sharing the screen really helps read the room.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Zoom into Any Room

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I've had a positive experience with the platform. It's reliable and easy to use.

Pros:

My favorite part about Zoom is the convenience. They are a huge platform recognized by most people across industries.

Cons:

Zoom is expensive compared to its competition. Small businesses don't always have the resources to allocate to their premium services.

Klifton
Klifton
Owner in US
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

awesome software for my business!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Zoom Events and Webinars has been excellent. The platform offers a comprehensive set of features that make hosting and attending virtual events seamless and engaging. From customizable branding to robust reporting and analytics, Zoom Events and Webinars have exceeded my expectations.

Pros:

What I liked most about Zoom Events and Webinars is their comprehensive suite of features that enhance both the attendee and organizer experience.

Cons:

What I liked least about Zoom Events and Webinars is the occasional complexity of navigating the settings menu. It can take a bit of time to find and adjust specific features. However, this is a insignificant issue.

Ladonna
Utilization management coordinator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Great for virtual meetings

Pros:

Being able to screen share woth everyone, being able to record meetings, and the ease of joining a meeting.

Cons:

That sometimes the mic does not connect and no one can hear you so you have to leave the meeting and come back in.

RAJ
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Very user friendly & intuitive tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very east to set up and easy to navigate with excellent video and audio quality.

Pros:

1. Enables the webinar/event panelists to meet ahead of time and plan the presentation. 2. Offers attractive features for registration, Attendee interactions, polling and feedback 3. Offers very useful branding options like webinar wall papers, custom backgrounds and name tags.

Cons:

1. The practice backroom can't be turned back on once it is turned off. 2. End-to-end encryption could be improved 3. Expo and networking functionality should be improved

Lori
Project Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Zoom is a great meeting platform.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love that we can create breakout rooms for our big meetings.

Cons:

I have not found nything that I dislike.

IT Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Best Video Collaboration Tool on the Market

Comments: Zoom has been a great investment for us. We have never had software or any tool so quickly adopted by our users. By using Zoom, we have cut costs on video conferencing and allowed ourselves to do more with less in regards to conferencing. It has become the go to collaboration tool, and more user are doing video conferencing/screen sharing than they ever did with another tool.

Pros:

I love how simple it is to use and how robust a tool it is without much management or administration. We have never had a tool that was so highly accepted and adopted with minimal effort by our users. We love the tool so much that it has become our company wide video conferencing solution.

Cons:

The biggest drawback with the tool that I have seen so far isn't really an issue with the tool as much as it is about we use it. We have had issues with being able to play video's through the Zoom at the same time as presenting. We get a delay in the video and audio when doing this. I think this would happen regardless of the solution, but it's worth mentioning.

McKenzie
Founder in US
Human Resources, 2–10 Employees

Zoom for Interviewing

Comments: Great Technology for a great price. This is a staple for my business now.

Pros:

I originally signed up as this was the only video software that allowed me to record my meetings. There are many features that set Zoom apart. They are ahead of the technology curve and are constantly adding integrations as well as new features. A minor feature that my team loves is the auto airbrush (I forget what they call it) but it’s like auto tune for your face. It’s looks very natural.

Cons:

They’ve had a few times where the whole network went down. Also, I’d like to be able to send surveys to my candidates about their experience after the call is over and I don’t see that option. And a small thing but when you split into groups there is not an option to chat with “everyone” any more only within the small group.

Jessica
Operations Manager in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Easy Video Conferencing Platform

Comments: Overall Zoom has been a great business tool and easy to integrate into our workflow. Zoom has it's flaws, but overall connection, quality of video, and ease of sharing invitations is worth it.

Pros:

I love how easy Zoom is to set up, schedule and share video chats. We've used Zoom for years and the Free version is great for short internal meetings, and the paid version is totally worth the upgrade if you have longer meetings. We use Zoom for pretty simple purposes, but I've also personally been a part of virtual classes and there seem to be so many great additional features.

Cons:

I don't like how difficult it is for multiple people to talk at once. Zoom will pick up the loudest sound and cut off anyone else that's talking, so its easy to miss what someone else says, or if someone isn't diligent about muting their mic, a conversation can be easily disrupted.

Carol
Carol
Business Research Assosciate in US
Biotechnology, 2–10 Employees

A Good Video Conferencing Platform, Simple and Easy to Use

Comments: I think this service is good for what it is, but our company is looking into new platforms to have video conferences due to privacy concerns and the pricing.

Pros:

I would say a major advantage to this platform is that I usually don't have connectivity issues. Granted a major part is related to your internet service however, I had significant problems with connection issues on other platforms & I still have the same internet provider. The free version was good as well, with up to 40 minutes of a free usage for a video conference. I believe it has gotten popular because of this feature, and how simple it is to set up a meeting.

Cons:

One thing I dislike is that when you want to exit the meeting, you have to assign a host or else the entire meeting terminates which is quite frankly annoying. I've accidentally ended important business calls because I had to go, and it doesn't automatically assign someone else as the host. Just be wary that if you're the host but you have to leave, you need to assign someone else as the host. Another thing to be wary of is that this platform does track your information and you, as the user, have to make sure that you read their privacy concerns.

Veronica
Firm Owner in Canada
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use even for non-tech individuals

Pros:

Very easy to implement. And there are lots of resources for setting it up correctly and learning about features. Easier user interface than Teams (had more issues with call participants on Teams than Zoom).

Cons:

I don't really have issues with it. Perhaps a meeting concierge/tech support option for small businesses who are running a large meeting, but are one person and don't want to have to stop the call to help one person with tech support.

Godfrey Thabang
Student Assistant Teacher in South Africa
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

The beautiful hidden reviews/factors of a Zoom software

Comments: I have thus far taught a learner through zoom, because I'm into student tutoring. So it helps me in my business. I

Pros:

It is simple, attractive, clear, and easy to use. It's purchasing price is very reasonable,as a matter of fact it only costs bundles for one to have it in my country. It is easily downloaded and installed. It is not complicated. It is live and fast. It is an amazing software application. It can be used for different purposes. It can be accessed in my country.

Cons:

I like everything about this product, especially that it allows multiple customers to join during the meeting. The only thing which I think needs to implemented in it, would be to remove the time limit of the sessions. The gathering should never expire. If the host feels like trey want to stop the meeting then they will do so. Not because of the session has expired. I have realized that most of the sessions expire during crucial moments and such invites a little distraction.

Christine Jane
ESL Teacher in Philippines
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Zoom as a Classroom

Comments: Even though Zoom is not perfect, it is still the best software I've used so far. Zoom is getting better and better as more updates of the software came. Other apps can already be integrated and previous problems have been solved.

Pros:

I really like doing annotations using this software. Now that we are not in the actual classrooms, it'll be difficult to point out the part of the lesson material especially when the student is on the other end of the call and won't be able to see my fingers pointing out the words on the screen. With the use of annotations, I can either highlight, underline or draw on the lesson material on my shared screen. The share screen has a lot of options and I can just choose which one would suit during class. There are a lot of things that I can do and tools I can use that can help me have an interactive class. There is also the studio effects that I really love, I can put eyebrows and lipstick effect on my face, it is very useful when the users don't have time to make themselves look presentable.

Cons:

I can't see the images that have been sent by someone immediately in the chatbox, I have to download the file to my PC to be able to see it. There are times that cloud-recorded files seemed non-existent. You can't find the video record at all even though you had it recorded. Saving it locally would be much greater if the user wants to save some video records and recover some files later on. The audio setting can't suppress noise at all even if I clicked "high". I have to use another software which is Krisp for notice cancellation.

Alan
Regional Director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Reliability and Functionality for all Remote Meetings

Comments: Zoom has been an extremely dependable software, even with the exponential increase in demand since the start of COVID. We had used other video webinar platforms, but each either lacked in reliability or functionality. When giving information to your whole team through a digital webinar, Zoom has by far been our go-to choice.

Pros:

Zoom is an extremely dependable software with an onslaught of functionality to utilize for a wide array of purposes. The price point is competitive and the value is second to none.

Cons:

If there were more editing features for the audience to interact with screen-shared material, this would facilitate a need that we have had to pair a third-party company with Zoom to facilitate.

Richard
Senior IT Assistant & Graphic Designer in Ghana
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Video Conference and Webinars made easy with Zoom

Comments: Zoom is a great product and has saved the world from shutting down completely during this covid-19 pandemic outbreak when most countries and organizations went into lock down. My organization relied heavily on zoom to engage with students and deliver lectures.

Pros:

Zoom has been very instrumental in my organization's delivery especially during this covid-19 period and also most of its features makes using the software enjoyable. The reaction button , sharing of screen, breakout room, recording video and saving chats among many others. It is very flexible and easy to use zoom and I love it so much

Cons:

Once some settings are not enabled before a meeting starts, you cannot go back to activate those settings which I feel can be adjusted a little bit.

Sixto Bayoes
Educator in South Korea
E-Learning, Self Employed

Zoom Experience as a Free User

Comments: Overall, I am very happy with it, but I wish that the 40 minutes limit for free users be extended or even lifted with some new features not available but it can be made available for paid users. Overall experience is great with satisfaction.

Pros:

I am very pleased with Zoom as it makes life easy for me and my students and mentors to get connected anytime and anywhere. It is very easy to use some features like virtual background, filters, and low light adjustments make me look better on camera. Integrating Zoom to FB live is one of my favorites as I can be live on Facebook at the same time.

Cons:

Screenshot maybe is one feature that is also critical in the development of Zoom. For instance, if I would like to capture our session, I will just use the screenshot to capture the screen for fast sharing. Normally, we take pictures at the end of every session, but on Zoom, there's no screenshot feature so I have to use my keyboard keys just to capture the moment when everyone's camera is open.

Becky
Director of Implementation in US
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Pandemic Lifeline

Comments: Zoom has been a lifeline during this year's pandemic - it has kept me connected to my colleagues, clients, family and friends. I've used it for everything from large public workshops to one-on-one happy hours with a friend. I've worked remotely for the past two years, and the ability to "hop on a Zoom" with a coworker to have a quick face-to-face chat has been incredibly important to maintaining work relationships and making job-related decisions.

Pros:

The relatively user-friendly interface makes it easy for everyone to use, from my 96 year old grandfather to my professional colleagues. I'm also helping a kindergartener attend online school via Zoom, and it's easy enough for a five year old to use too!

Cons:

Adapting features, such as customizing the waiting room and changing settings can be complicated, and the last time we tried to livestream to Facebook it didn't work, despite having the feature enabled in the settings.

Magdy
Technical Office Manager in Germany
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Zoom Video Webinars Review

Comments: In general, Zoom is an amazing application that offers many of highlights that organizations will view as helpful. It is one of the most mind-blowing video gathering stages accessible that suit organizations of any size. Nonetheless, it isn't without its blemishes. These are very minor when contrasted with the advantages yet at the same time an interesting point. During Covid has been a lifeline for some of the Constructions organizations. I managed to increase our audiences, going worldwide for presenters, while we saw other organizations collapsing because they were afraid of technology.

Pros:

* Easy to use * Easy to explain anything on the white board. * Easy to moderate the meetings. * Free use. * Google Calendar Support. * The ability to disable the audio (Mute) during the call so that it can be used on another application.

Cons:

* No interactive offers. * Inconsistent Cloud File Sizes. * Noise reduction if possible for background noise from participants.

Rashida
Owner in US
Supermarkets, 2–10 Employees

Zoom

Comments: On your PC, tablet, or smartphone, you may easily hold online meetings. You can also participate from your browser if you have a PC, so you don't need to install any software if you only want to participate. You can convey things to the other side in an easy-to-understand manner because you can share materials and screens. With a virtual background, you can safeguard your privacy even when working remotely."

Pros:

Zoom is an excellent tool for keeping us all connected during this period of "social distancing," lockdowns, and "work from home" scenarios with as we're all too acquainted. It is simple to install and configure, and it is compatible with the majority of operating systems and phone service providers. It comes with a fairly extensive toolbox out of the box, unlike similar tools (for example, Google Meet), which require addons for additional functionality.

Cons:

Some settings are difficult to find, and the default settings are somewhat restrictive. For example, I'm not sure how to allow users to copy text from the chat. If someone sends me a link or information in the chat, I've had to resort to keeping the chat open in one window while retyping what I wanted to copy in another. I also wish it was more integrated with Google Calendar. I wish all scheduled Zoom calls associated with my email address were displayed on the Zoom homepage. It appears to be a random selection of which ones it recognizes as my meetings for the day.

Christine
Cyber Risk Senior Consultant in US
Computer & Network Security, 10,000+ Employees

Zoom for Daily Collaboration

Comments: Zoom has allowed closer collaboration during COVID-19 and offers a significantly better video conferencing experience than Skype with the inclusion of a lot of useful features.

Pros:

At the onset of COVID-19, my company made the switch from Skype as our primary video conferencing technology to Zoom. While Skype is still our primary method of instant message communication, Zoom is on used on a daily basis for collaborating virtually. It is a very easy to use product that offers a variety of features across meeting security, annotation, chat, screensharing, participant list and invite, and scheduling. The most used feature for myself is screensharing. I appreciate that I can share either my entire screen or a specific application. I have never had any instances of security breach or “Zoom bombing” and overall have had a great experience integrating this product into my every day remote work.

Cons:

With how I have used Zoom thus far I have not had any issues in the technology nor have I identified any missing feature capabilities. For the purposes of my work I find it more run sufficient.

Camila
Camila
Product Operations in Brazil
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Useful for meetings

Comments: A platform that is good but has a lot of potential and space for growth

Pros:

I really liked the initiative and the ease of making recordings, breakout rooms, the possibility of changing the backgound, waiting room, scheduling meetings and features during the call to pin more than one person on the screen

Cons:

The zoom sometimes took a while to open, being a little slow. I believe that the usability for those who are presenting can be a little better, for example: when sharing the screen, the bar needs to be better positioned. In addition, perhaps a new version for lectures/presentations with co-presenters and a greater volume of viewers as if it were a live broadcast, would be an interesting market.