Fergus Reviews

by Fergus Software

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About Fergus

Top rated all-in-one solution designed for service businesses. Easily manage your jobs from when they come in until they are paid.

Learn more about Fergus

Sheryl L.
Job Co-Ordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018-04-09

"By far the best job tracking software on the market today"

Comments: All field staff have access to all the information required to do their job, Creditor invoices are not missed off being charged as all invoices are imported directly to job and then with a push of a button directly write to your accounting software.

Pros: Easy to use, dashboard easy to navigate, able to manage job status at a glance, easy assigning of jobs to plumbers, able to export to payroll system, import Creditor invoices directly to job, easy importing of price book catalogues, able to access from anywhere as cloud based, quoting in seconds, and so much more.

Cons: Nothing to report - This software does not have any "Cons" to report back on, everything about Fergus is user friendly and yet Fergus are continually updating the system in an effort to make even more user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2018-04-09
Gregg S.
Electrician
  • Reviewed on 2017-12-18

"Has been a game changer for our business, i wish it was around 10 years ago!"

Comments: Invoicing and quoting are much less of chore and can now be done much quicker than before. This has resulted in an improved cash flow for or business.

Pros: Tracking and entering costs (both labor and materials) has made our invoicing and quoting much more accurate. Being able to set up favorite item lists makes quoting much less of a chore than it used to be as items can be just selected from a pre made list and added where needed. Our wholesalers send us daily CSV files with our purchases which are then uploaded directly to Fergus. The Job numbers are all linked already so its just a matter of clicking a button and the materials are automatically assigned to the job and corresponding site visit. Pricelists are also uploaded from our wholesalers so prices for thousands of items are available instantly and are up to date. This means jobs can be invoiced quickly and on site if need be. We also use Xero for our accounting software and Fergus integrates perfectly with it.

Cons: Integration with the Xero employee pay function is the only thing lacking. At the moment all our employee times are entered into Fergus for each job then each week their hours need to be enetered into Xero again for the pay cycle. It would be great if they talked to each other so we didnt have to do it twice.

by Fergus Software on 2017-12-19

Love that we are changing your business! Thanks for the review Gregg.

• Reviewed on 2017-12-18
Sonya C.
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-24

"Personal Perception"

Comments: I have used Fergus for some years now and under different employers; builders, plumbers, sparky and even a company that washed buildings and had a national team of employees to manage. It's a great all-round system which really negates the need for any other system other than our accounting package Xero. It's a lot to set up (like they all are) but once the background work is uploaded it covers so much for the team on the front line as well as in the office. Now also with H & S being added in - it really does keep work efficient. I have recommended you to over 30 people already! Thanks so much.

Pros: It covers having a customer file, GPS logs, H&S, jobs, calendars, quoting and invoicing. So I like that we only have to have one system that works really well with our accounting package.

Cons: When you get used to using something and really like the way it was but then it changes. For example, the new map.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-24
A M.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-03-01

"Fergus review"

Comments: We love Fergus - very flexible, saves us a ton of time with processing and scheduling. Could do with a bit of modification around statements/customer invoicing/payments and also the number of clicks to navigate around the site but overall an excellent app and we highly recommend it!!

Pros: ALmost everything. It saves us a heap of time with scheduling and processing jobs. It is easy to use and reliable. There is alot of capacity to communicate with both customers & employees within the app. Reporting is a breeze and at a click of a button. Excellent

Cons: There are only two things - sometimes it takes more clicks than necessary to navigate around the website which is a bit of a pain. And the invoicing/statements functionality and payments process could be improved - I currently can't select for a statement for a certain time frame within a customers account and it would be good to be able to record payments at the time of invoicing instead of ok'ing the invoice and then having to process the payment.

• Reviewed on 2017-03-01
Trevor D.
Supervisor
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-30

"Great program"

Comments: A first i was a little worried starting a new program. But once it started and we got going, it is a piece of cake to navigate and manage. From creating a job - to invoicing. Its great.

Pros: The fact that every job is easily managed and can be traced back when required by clients. If all information is loaded on to each job, it makes life so easy to manage, service, and invoice all at the click of a mouse.

Cons: Not a lot really, just minor things when allocating jobs to staff. When changing a job to another staff member, you then need to physically need to go back inot the job and physically delete them from that job, as it will show up on the system that they have not entered time, or need to attend site.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-30
Todd S.
  • Reviewed on 2017-02-10

"Steinle Contracting Review"

Comments: Love fergus, I gave a 3 star on the features and functionality mainly for the functionality, it has a few issues and I understand your working on them but some are pretty annoying. I see the potential tho and absolutely love the program

Pros: it makes everything I have to already do in my business much faster and more organized. also back costing is one of my favorites

Cons: it has some limitations and functionality problems but I believe will be worked out in the future

• Reviewed on 2017-02-10
Co Owner
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-29

"Fergus"

Comments: Overall Fergus has been brilliant to use. I have used a couple of other systems in the past while working in other companies and Fergus seems easier to use, more straight forward. It's been perfect since we went out on our own, it was easy to learn the system, it works well with Xero. I've recommended it to a few companies.

Pros: The software is so easy to learn and use. It's accessible on my phone & Ipad so I can check information and jobs anywhere. It works perfectly with Xero.

Cons: There's no way to track van stock. And recently I could add another customer who had the same name as an existing customer.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-29
Shirley C.
  • Reviewed on 2019-06-01

"How well Fergus does for a plumbing firm"

Comments: We are happy with the product, although we look forward to some more improvements in the future that will assist our business.

Pros: Easy to use and all in one place. Great how csv files integrate so no downloading and data processing of invoices from the major firms (hopefully one day all firms will be integrated!) Reporting good.

Cons: Not quite suited to a commercial plumbing firm, lacks in some areas such as retention payments, large on-going jobs and not repairs and maintenance type work.

• Reviewed on 2019-06-01
Brett P.
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-18

"Comprehensive, easy to use, great Support"

Comments: Fantastic Fergus team and support, especially for someone who thought he was not savvy when it came to accounting and planning.
This has made my life so easy which in turn has helped my business succeed, in my 'perceived' areas of weakness as well as helping me grow in those areas.

Pros: I use this on every aspect of my day to day month to month job plan. It syncs with my accounting package and I never have to go to any other software package.

Cons: To be honest I have yet to find anything I would call cons. You dream of great software to help you, well here it is. people who understand and have created exactly what we need

• Reviewed on 2018-09-18
Fraser G.
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-18

"good"

Pros: Ease of use. We are a company that does small and medium sized jobs. When doing smaller jobs there are more of them so fergus makes it easy to keep track of everything

Cons: - Cant have multiple colours for employees jobs. For us this would make it easier to organise the teams day as they would be able to differentiate an urgent job from a job that be done at any time throughout day

• Reviewed on 2018-07-18
Howard W.
Mangager
Utilities, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-19

"Very easy to use once it was set up. Anything new you need time to learn."

Comments: Saved the planet of paper. Increased profitability

Pros: No paperwork. Photos able to be attached to jobs. Fergus talks to xero and merchants. Good calendar system.

Cons: No stock file. Photos are no longer able to be enlarged on phone. Notes on quotes cannot tag a persons name at the end of the list. Cannot pick out a supplier to look up a stock item like we can on the desk top

• Reviewed on 2018-07-19
Steven B.
director/worker
  • Reviewed on 2018-07-08

"life Changing"

Pros: keeps all the jobs in order and helps give me an overall picture of how the job is going with a click of the button

Cons: The time sheet user can't search for created jobs if not assigned or add photos (not sure if that is a setting issue) . Feels like they are very limited but yet a full user is too much for their position level.

• Reviewed on 2018-07-08
Peter R.
Manager/Owner
  • Reviewed on 2016-12-15

"Fergus review"

Comments: I have 2 -3 employees and I probably use only a portion of what Fergus can do but it makes job allocation very easy to organise, invoicing very easy and fast, and I can do it from my office or from the beach! Syncs well with Xero so all the tricky stuff is taken care of. The Fergus team are always ready to help if necessary (about 3 times in the last year). Never looked back!

Pros: Easy invoicing and organising job allocations

Cons: Doesn't make the coffee!

• Reviewed on 2016-12-15
Mark K.
  • Reviewed on 2019-10-21

"Excellent Value, Versatility and Reporting Ability"

Comments: Financial and operational hour tracking from weekly to monthly financial reports. Provides the capability to break down profit and loss statements in detail that gives you the ability to improve in areas

Pros: Very user friendly and ability to provide accurate progress reporting on multiple projects.

Cons: Its excellenet from my perspective with no complaints

• Reviewed on 2019-10-21
Conrad S.
  • Reviewed on 2020-06-28

"Electrical company review"

Comments: There are many benefits Fergus has provided our business. Time management and job efficiency has been the most important for us.

Pros: Fergus is a great system we are using to help with job scheduling and management of our workers and also great with invoicing jobs once completed, as it links with our xero account as well. Its also provides us with good analytical data on jobs, so we can see our margins and net profit we are making. Very happy with the service provided.

Cons: Set up was interesting and we got some advice from a local virtual assistant company to help with it. It would be great if Fergus had a local contractor to help with this in our area.

by Fergus Software on 2020-07-08

Thanks for the review Conrad! We really appreciate it. We're working on making support and training as accessible as possible, so your feedback is really important to us.

• Reviewed on 2020-06-28
Darrell K.
owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-11

"Its that Simple"

Comments: Fergus has been a great program for us as we are not a huge company and it manages all our client info and jobs that we have, It simple, it run perfect with Zero.

Pros: That it is simple to use and work through my jobs i have running and that it cuts my paper work with invoicing at the end of the day,

Cons: The way it processes the voiding job/invoice/estimate/quote process,

• Reviewed on 2018-10-11
Thomas H.
Electrician
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-05

"Fergus Review"

Pros: Calender function and easy to use interface

Cons: A few features lacking, a few bugs. We are hoping these will improve with time, being a subscription based product

by Fergus Software on 2019-08-07

Hey there, thanks for this review. We're always working on improving Fergus - keep an eye out over the next few months for new functionality!

• Reviewed on 2019-08-05
Craig W.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-30

"It have help us reduce admin time, which lets me have more time, either on the tools or on the boat"

Pros: Seamless connection from the suppliers to Fergus and then to Xero.
Labour hours can be allocated, inputted they the boys and then invoiced and pays.

Cons: There are some little thing in the calender that are a bit clumsy, very limited app use for an apprentice and inputting material onto a job card though the app.

• Reviewed on 2018-03-30
Tai V.
  • Reviewed on 2018-09-20

"Business with Fergus"

Comments: I can keep track of everything that I do with my staff and ease of use for all staff members

Pros: That all my business is in one place and and simple enough for me to navigate with limited IT skills

Cons: Transferring incorrect hours entered in the wrong job to the correct one

• Reviewed on 2018-09-20
Renere R.
Accounts Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-14

"New User to Fergus"

Comments: Brilliant to have an upto date screen shot on the home page of exact monetary status of our business, amount in quoted works, works in progress and money due from clients - we have not had this before without manually having to work this out on previous systems used.
Scheduling - no more late night phone calls to all staff to let them know where to be and what to do.
Ease of processing pay to staff as they log in daily onto fergus to tell us what hours are worked and where.

Pros: Ease of uploading as a new user - Fergus made is so easy with a check list and copied over contacts/migrated from existing Xero account with no issues or fuss.

Cons: Nothing its all good but would like to see option of adding over heads costs to projects so a true P &L report can be run

• Reviewed on 2019-01-14
Dan M.
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-20

"Fergus review"

Comments: Great!

Pros: Zero & ideal integration and online accessibility.

Cons: Unable to add PO to an invoice after it has been approved.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-20
Ashley D.
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-15

"Electrician job management"

Comments: Brilliant allowed me to spend more time with my family rather than hours spent in the office

Pros: How it consolidates all invoices from wholesalers and labour to invoice making it extremely efficient for me

Cons: Not being able to add labour time to a job that has been quoted without being accepted

• Reviewed on 2018-11-15
Gaby H.
Summer Intern
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-17

"Specialized Job Management Software"

Comments: Fergus is an incredible management tool for any company looking to become more organized and efficient with their business practices.

Pros: This all-in-one system has a fantastic scheduling feature that is transparent and easy to learn how to use. It will cut down on misinformation and allows for a smoothly running organization method to maintain great communication with employees and customers. It is also affordable for start-up companies, but can also be utilized by larger successful companies for a change in operations.

Cons: This application is still in the developing stages since being released so there will be a few bugs or fixes that will need to be made in the future, but the program has a great potential as a management software for all business types.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-17
Allison H.
  • Reviewed on 2020-07-07

"Time-Saver"

Comments: Incredible time-saver with quotes, forms, invoicing and integrations.

Pros: Keeps all my customer, job and employee information together.

Cons: Serious glitches with emails to clients.

• Reviewed on 2020-07-07
Ann C.
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-02

"Fergus Review 2018"

Comments: Great

Pros: So easy to learn and use - very user friendly

Cons: I have no issues with using Fergus ... having worked with many programmes over my career, I find Fergus to be one of the most user friendly.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-02