• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About Freshworks CRM

Freshworks CRM is packed with features and a highly intuitive UI so that you don't have to juggle multiple tools to run your business.

Learn more about Freshworks CRM

Paul W.
Chief Product Officer
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-31

"Easy On-boarding and setup, fast support."

Comments: We are too big for no CRM, but not big enough to implement the HubSpot and Salesforce CRMs of the world. We tried those systems thinking we needed the features and analytics, but the spend and maintenance for those systems are too high. Freshsales, Freshchat, Freshmarketer, and Freshdesk make a seriously well priced and powerful system full of the features we need to produce the right results: a good relationship with customers. Freshworks' customer support is spot on. It seems no matter when I need help, they are less than a few minutes away from a solution. Freshchat is king! We've even deployed the same support structure on our website (Freshchat) and lead conversion has gone way up. It's nice to see a company have a product good enough to use themselves. I also like being able to achieve the same results for my customers as Freshworks has produced for me without major customizations.

Pros: I was able to easily onboard to this system from HubSpot and Salesforce. The features in this system just work. You expect something to operate in a certain way, and it just does. Mail and calendar integration is super easy and really responsive (I used both Office 365 and Google Integrations). I love email templates and sales campaigns, they make working with leads and customers so easy and are not tucked away in a corner. The UX is much better than other systems, which means my salespeople are more likely to use the CRM, which is a common problem among salespeople and CRM systems.

Cons: Freshsales is right-sized for us. It lacks some of the major enterprise features of bigger CRMs; but you also don't have too many features right in the way. I'm not a huge fan of the field paging UI on leads, deals, accounts, and contacts. I get that it makes it so you can add as many fields as you want, but it's hard to navigate and organize my screen just the way I like it. I resorted to using the Edit screen though, even when I'm not necessarily editing and that works well enough. Definitely not a big deal compare to all the other awesome features.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-31
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-08

"Lots of issues w/ CRM migration + bugs"

Comments: Overall very disappointed - we have had expensive downtime for our sales team, actual downtime from our customers not being able to use our software due to their tracking snippet and hours spent going back and forth with their support team not getting to a resolution. Amazing they have raised so much money and have not been able to address these issues. Doesn't feel like a production ready software product.

Pros: Liked the featureset and price and the fact that they promised full migration support from our previous CRM. Unfortunately it did not turn out as advertised.

Cons: During the sales process I was told that they would provide full service assistance with migrating us from a previous CRM and this was a big reason why we picked Freshsales after a through search across the options in the market. They told us it would be completed by a certain date and then missed the deadline - my sales team had no CRM for over a week and was logging all their notes in spreadsheets! Then when the incomplete data showed up, we were missing the dates of actions along with whole categories of actions. I'm writing this 5mo later and after working with multiple support personnel from Freshsales this is still not resolved. We've also had issues with bugs in the software including their snippet which tracks website actions blocking folks from being able to login to our software 2x. Twice we've had slow performance on our web app reported (we run a software company) and our engineering team has troubleshot and pinpointed the Freshsales snippet as the source of the problem. The call feature with call recording is not usable with customers reporting choppy connection / poor connection on over 50% of calls. Numerous small bugs found in the software that affect usabiilty. We build software and it's very clear that they need improvements to their software testing process and less overpromising from their support team.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-08
Peter V.
Business Development Manager
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-11

"Look at this, and I promise you, you'll forget about SalesForce"

Comments: Before Fresh sales, my team and I were using SalesForce. It was far too messy, complex, and I had more meetings with my team to try and figure out the details in a month than I've had in a quarter! We decided to take a look at Freshsales when it came out (end of 2016 I believe), mainly because we've been using Fresh Desk for years and wanted to give them a shot. After the demo, it was a no-brainer. Once we got our account, it took me maybe a week to set everything up and we were ready to go. The interface was just so sleek and stripped down of all those unnecessary fields and options. I could see what was happening, when, and finally what to expect (the latter being very important for any sales manager). Overall, it works just so well for us (small family owned business) and we won't be looking to change anytime soon.

Pros: There's a number of features I like...reporting, email tracking, lead scoring...Sure, some CRMs out there have all these as well, but everything is so darn well packed and easy to use! If I had to choose one, I'd say email tracking. That had helped a lot with follow-ups and our sales funnel in general.

Cons: Can't say there is anything I dislike about the software at present time; it did lack certain features upon release, but the current version has everything we need to take our prospect from point A to point C(lose).

Business Development Manager ¿ Video Conferencing
  • Reviewed on 2017-10-06

"A great Sales CRM with all of the modcons; part of an excellent 'fresh' suite."

Pros: 1- Freshsales is very easy to use and is a solution that I believe is a good fit for a growing team, as the platform has a very small learning curve. I feel confident in being able to teach a new staff member how to use it.
We don't use Freshdesk, but their native integrations with that, other Freshworks applications, and 3rd party tools in Freshsales would be very suitable to teams that offer support, or already have an existing marketing/service delivery software stack.
2- The development team frequently release new features that make the experience of using the platform better and better. I have subscribed to the top tier, but even their entry level and middle range offers go head to head on features with the big name CRMs that cost double the subscription fee. 3- Finally, the mobile application's latest release is absolutely brilliant more than what you could want or expect from a mobile version of your company's sales CRM.

Cons: 1- Some of the 'bells and whistles' that come with other Sales CRMs aren't available or can only be achieved by using third party tools (Zapier) hacked together with Workflows.
Examples of these are:
"automatically remind me to follow up if I haven't heard back from this lead/customer"; and
support for recurring deals (such as businesses that sell based on annual subscription models).
2- There seems to be a fair bit of data visible (eg: metadata on each lead or contact) that really isn't important to the average user. And it would be great if a user could choose which fields appeared in the summary view of their contact, rather than just having the first few fields show. Having said that, the Development team appear to listen to their community, so this comment may be out of date, depending on when you're reading it!

• Reviewed on 2017-10-06
Tania W.
Collections operative
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-20

"Freshsales Review"

Comments: Our company has never had a CRM system before and we did everything via paper files. Incorporating a CRM was the way for us to bring our company into the future and grow our client base. As you can imagine trying to find a system that works for everyone is difficult especially when alot of my colleagues are not familiar in complex computer tasks. We have tried a few CRM systems, and all apart from Freshsales were far to complicated and overpriced. Freshsales stood out from the rest due to it's ease of use and instant online support. Since using Freshales there has been a dramatic change in the business for the better. Things are more organised and files never go missing like before with the paper files. Communication is far better between colleagues as we can all see each others updates and dashboards. We can now all help each other out, as all of our cases for different clients can all be viewed together. Freshsales is definitely something I cannot live without now it has been introduced.

Pros: The ability to customise everything around the business and needs is great. The default settings already in place are already great and give me a lot of inspiration on how I want my system to look.
I love the fact I can make reports on pretty much any category I choose. This is particularly good for updating different clients on their cases.

Cons: The only issue I have which is very minor, is that when uploading files to cases it can only be done one by one and you cannot load files in bulk. It would also be great to have a drag and drop feature for files.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-20
Senior Consultant, Solution Sales
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-05-14

"Freshsales is intuitive and simple to use and incorporates VOIP services into the CRM."

Comments: Freshsales allows me to create email marketing campaigns and track my deals in one simple UI. I like how easy it is to navigate and I love the VOIP feature. I can get my work done much quicker and more effectively when using Freshsales. It helps me make more outbound calls and get in touch with more prospects.

Pros: I love Freshsales. The software is very easy to use and much more simpler then Saleforce.com. It's pricing is also fair and competitive and the email marketing, deals tabs and database are very easy to manipulate. Plus Freshsales is a part of a larger CRM service and allow you to bolt on other components if you want to do other things. I'm a huge fan of simple and Freshsales makes the whole process of sales CRM simple and easy. Very little ramp up time.

Cons: It's close to impossible to get customer service person on the phone and they are not fast to react. It's a shame since some of their competitors do a much better job at this. I had a question about changing my credit card information and it just way to long to get the simple response I needed in order to fix the problem. They do have a resource center where you can ask questions, but I don't get the sense that customer service is a huge priority for them.

• Reviewed on 2018-05-14
John T.
IT Director
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-20

"Beware fraudulent billing practices at Freshworks!"

Comments: Freshworks billing is borderline fraudulent. I had to contact my cc company and cancel my card to fight a charge they refuse to change. Auto bill is enabled on the account by default. The day of the annual renewal which I was unaware had arrived, our card was billed for the entire year in advance. We had wanted to change our plan and move to a month by month billing for a single user. After 3-4 calls a week to their billing department and 2 open tickets with their billing support portal I finally got a response from a rep, via email 24 days later. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] stated they don’t provide refunds. I was incensed as I charged without my approval for a service I didn’t want and reached out less than 12 hours after they charged my card. Unfortunately I had to fight their billing through my bank. Beware doing business with Freshworks, for any of their applications.

Pros: Their software has a clean design that is up to date and easy to use.

Cons: Support and billing communication were horrendous.

• Reviewed on 2020-10-20
Jason H.
Derivatives Trader
Insurance Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-19

"Awesome CRM!"

Comments: I give Freshsales a 4.50/5.00. Some of the native integration with other Freshtools could be a lot better. However, as an out of the box SaaS application, it is really good and easy to implement.

Pros: Freshsales is great. Started using it in 2017 and it has improved exponentially since then. I particularly like the ecosystem that Freshworks is creating where all of their Fresh tools can integrate with each other. I had looked at a ton of CRMs and Freshsales had the best functionality with the best integration for the money. The team was very accommodating.

Cons: US Based or Western Europe Support would be nice. The company is based in India and most of the support is there. Sometimes the accents are too much to overcome and I cannot understand the support personnel.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-19
Chris W.
e-commerce manager
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-04

"All in one CRM for small business like mine"

Comments: When you get a lot of leads, bulk email and then you want to followup with those who replied, it's very easy with Fresh Sales. 1 click and I know who replied to my emails and I can followup with one 1 click . Everything is very well organized and I don't miss any important emals from my leads. The price point is also perfect for small companies, very affordable. I've tried Hubspot, Pipedrive and now I will stay with Freshsales as it really works and it's soo easy to work with.

Pros: The Freshsales has easy to navigate interface, I quickly learned how to use it, without reading any help articles. The email setup took 3 minutes and it works perfectly. I like the tracking feature, so I know if my lead opened my email or clicked the link to my offer. It easy to followup with prewritten template, bulk email is brilliant and saves a lot of time.

Cons: There is nothing which I don't like in this software, 100% honest.

Steve R.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-23

"Fantastic CRM For Our Growing Company!"

Pros: FreshSales is easy to start with, and even easier to grow with. The available features and functionality make this a top tier CRM for our company. Everything is easily explained, with use cases, using documents, videos, and live support.

Cons: We really haven't noticed any negatives using FreshSales. Great tools for automated responses, creating SLA's, marketing campaigns, etc.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-23
Anish A.
Executive Sales
  • Reviewed on 2019-09-15

"A good tool to manage your leads"

Pros: The deal stages are really easy to track on the freshsales. and also easy email tracks and clicks tracks, call and email remainders, Notes of the account and the contact are the best. Also, automation of the email campaigns is really helpful

Cons: I have faced some issues while loading the email template in my initial days of usage of freshsales and also the formatting of the fonts. Would be really great if they add an option to delay the email once we click the send icon.

• Reviewed on 2019-09-15
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-06

"Good CRM - tracks user engagement on websites/apps, but expensive to use a webform & locked in phone number"

Comments: Freshsales is a solid CRM - not too flashy or the most feature rich, but designed well and provides tools to track how excited your potential customers are with your brand (by seeing how much they engage with your website or in your app - potentially great features). I would continue using it beyond the trial, but the two drawbacks for me are the lack of number portability (in to the app or out - meaning you'd have to give up your phone numbers if you ever left) - and secondly - the cost involved with getting a webform-to-lead setup means you need the max plan - $49 per month.

Pros: - Clean appearance
- Flexibility with sales process
- Responsive/active dev team
- Email Read receipts
- Ability to track user engagement with websites

Cons: - If you want to use a web-to-lead form (which can be considered a common feature for a CRM), then you are required to sign up to the most comprehensive plan - i.e. $49 USD per month which seems crazy - I'd only recommend someone signing up to this if they need to the other "web engagement" features - otherwise your just wasting money on this app.
- Non-ability to port Twilio numbers (or any external numbers). A big drawback but I have an email from their team indicating that they are likely to change this.
- No dash board giving an overview of sales and leads (you only see leads when you log in)
- Ability to see financials about clients from Xero integration would be great.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2016-09-06
Wayne H.
MD
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-05

"Knocks salesforce off it's pedistal"

Pros: As a brand new very small business I really wanted a sales crm that would work for me now and also as I grow and so far its great. I was used to Salesforce enterprise functionality but the costs of SF were ridiculous and then I stumbled on Freshsales and even its free version has great functionality. Outlook sync works easily, pipeline is great. My top opportunities are very visible and alerts for call back on my phone and laptop have already won me deals . So all in all, great job Freshsales

Cons: Im business to consumer , so I would like to see a b2c version .

• Reviewed on 2018-10-05
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 2019-05-17

"Insane Insights"

Comments: You can try it for free! So many tools you can use for free. You can tell they care about user/business requirements and challenges. A UX dream.

Pros: I needed a solution to help me identify the reasons behind poor conversions. I had many assumptions and hypothesis. But I knew to test each factor would take forever until I found Freshmarketer. It is the one shop tool to answer all your hypothesis by iterating experimenting. Also, they are a great resource. They are great at explaining a process, why it's needed and it's benefits. Their forum analysis is my favorite feature.

Cons: It takes time to set up the first test. Just like everything, there is a learning curve involved.

• Reviewed on 2019-05-17
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-15

"Great tool"

Pros: Has functionality of some of the "bigger" players but at a more affordable price point.

Cons: The reporting functionality is just OK and clunky to use. Exporting data is not as easy as it could be.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-15
Joel G.
Sales Professional
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-04-02

"All in one solution"

Comments: Overall, FreshSales offers a great solution for a small to medium business who is looking to centralize their information portal and capabilities to process leads and follow up. FreshWorks continues to push updates and reply to service request quickly and implement changes quickly.

Pros: Currently, we use FreshDesk for client support & in my position, we use FreshSales! Both integrate into each other seamlessly and allow each department to be able to communicate with each other on connected clients without having to go into a 3rd piece of software - email, IM or even picking up the phone.

Cons: In order to be able to connect each service, you need to enable the API and connect via that method. There is a limited amount of API calls which this counts towards your total monthly allowance. While we aren't coming close, a larger company could run into that problem.

• Reviewed on 2019-04-02
Operations Manager
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-03

"Easy and Functional"

Comments: I formerly used Salesforce Lightning Essentials and never liked it. Freshsales is far easier for me and I am not advanced in my understanding of technology so it works very well for someone like me.

Pros: I've yet to not be able to figure out something on my own. Great knowledgebase and also a very clean and intuitive interface, things just seem to be right where you would expect them to be.

Cons: There don't seem to be a ton of API's but it looks like every day there are more and more being made so I would expect that to continue.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-03
Chris V.
Account Executive
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-06

"FreshSales is FANTASTIC!"

Pros: FreshSales has many features that really help me in my sales and keeping track of my daily tasks. I also love the email feature. You can email through FreshSales and it alerts you as to it being opened or even if they open a link. You can create email templates and just click on them so you don't have to re-type. There really are many benefits to this CRM system.

Cons: They do make changes to the way you can use it. I have to re-learn some of the features.

• Reviewed on 2018-12-06
Courtney C.
Sales & Marketing
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

"Best App on the market"

Comments: Freshsales has helped my coworker and myself be able to get our information that we need on the go, as we so often are away from a computer. The ease of use to scheduling reporting, call backs, emails, we are so happy we chose to move our database over.

Pros: I love how simple and easy to use Freshsales is! I spent a month demoing CRM's for our small sales team, and this was the simplest and most straight forward. The app is the best that I have seen hands down. Adding new leads, contacts and accounts takes only seconds. Fully customizable for our small chain hotel, I have the freedom to make the changes that we need for our industry.

Cons: The Sales Activities report is a basic reporting tool that most sales people require, and is only offered on the highest paid plans with Freshsales. I would like to see that offered on the lower paid platforms.

Freshworks Inside Sales

"My Freshsales experience"

Pros: It is an easy-to-use software.
It can be accessed from any mobile device in the same way as in the computer.
It allows you to optimize the time presetting processes that you can share with your work team.
It allows you to visualize in which stage of the sales process each client is.
It helps you not to neglect any opportunity through a task that you can establish according to your process.

Cons: I like everything I've used from Freshsales

Danny K.
MANAGER
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-12-07

"Small Business Friendly"

Comments: Able to log customer information in real time while out on sales calls...quick updates...always have customer support when needed

Pros: Very user friendly for a small business...great customer support and easy to use for new sales staff...great mobile application.

Cons: sometimes it lags on the mobile application and refresh slows

• Reviewed on 2018-12-07
Douglas H.
Lead Sales Associate
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-02-13

"Sales Goals"

Pros: This software has help build and maintain sales goals and actively track them.

Cons: There are no cons with this software at this time.

• Reviewed on 2019-02-13
Tangeka P.
Merchandising Specialist
Furniture, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-08-15

"Great tool for testing and targeting"

Comments: Very straight forward and powerful tool for A/B testing. I am no longer working in the company that used this software, but It helped us to make better informed decisions using the data it provided. I prefer it over the tool I am currently using.

Pros: Very customizable. I needed a tool to easily allow me to test multiple hypothesis for shopping behavior and I think this was a great option. Really easy to set up and has a very friendly user interface. Customer service was also very helpful and knowledgeable

Cons: Not much, but the biggest issue is speed. It lags very often but I think that can be attributed it to being based on JS

• Reviewed on 2020-08-15
Andy J.
Marketing Director
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-01-17

"Easy Peasy!"

Comments: Freshsales gave us an avenue to help segment our customer list, in a way that broke them down by money spent, that was super helpful to our sales team.

Pros: What attracted our business to Freshsales was the ease of use. With no training or instruction, we could use the CRM as if we had used it our whole careers. The software is intuitive, and not cumbersome like so many other CRM's.

Cons: We have yet to find anything we don't like.

• Reviewed on 2019-01-17
Operations
  • Reviewed on 2019-03-05

"Good but imporvement is still needed"

Pros: Freshmarketer is an excellent tool to provide supreme customer support and testing on your websites. I tried to configured it yet at some point is easy to use, somo functionalities require to have some deep knowledge. It is difficult to decide which plan in terms of data is required.

Cons: Technical knowledge is required to have full access to advanced features.

• Reviewed on 2019-03-05