Evernote Teams Reviews

4.4 (7,652) Write a Review!

About Evernote Teams

Bring your teams work together, and unify your workflow. Create, collaborate, and store information all in one place.

Learn more about Evernote Teams

Pros:

Cons:

The biggest downside might be the cost, which is relatively expensive compared to other collaboration/organization/project management tools.

Evernote Teams ratings

4.4
4.2
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

Evernote Teams has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 7,652 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Evernote Teams before?

Filter reviews (7,652)

Prashant
Prashant
Senior Technical Recruiter in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees

Evernote Teams Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Taking notes, project management and project planning make it simple and effective

Cons:

Evernote is very useful but has a low interface.

Rakesh
Rakesh
Project officer in India

Comprehensive solution for Complex notes and project management tasks

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I personally benefitted from Evernotes a lot. It got a range of features such as multi tasking, notes management, assigning tasks etc., which helped me in my project a lot. The whole team can see the real time updates while making notes. It also arrange the modified notes in an order. However it doesn't reflect who made the changes.

Pros:

I like features such as writing and updating notes from multiple devices with a single account. Features such as adding tags, assigning tasks, reminding people, mobile access particularly intrigued me. The reflection time i.e., to update data on other devices is really low compared to other such softwares'. lastly, the user interface is too good and easy.

Cons:

While editing the same document by two persons at the same time, this software creates a copy of it, and does not update at a time and keep them as separate copies. The software team should look into it and fix it. But personally for me, this is a minor glitch.

engineer in United Arab Emirates
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Task management software with nice project management

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

the ability to manage projects from scheduling tasks to assigning persons and more with project management.

Cons:

It needs u to be connected every time and for daily tasks its normal

turan
Information technology in Turkey
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

A Living Digital Assistant

Pros:

Imagine a huge library. A library with all the information you are looking for. Thousands of web pages, books, notebooks, receipts, pdf files. So where is the information you are looking for in this library? Imagine that you can access the information that will make my job easier in this huge library in just seconds. Evernote is a great program that stores, stores, archives all information, can take notes on it, has a quick search content. It is a structure that saves information in just a few steps, can take notes on it, share it, and follow and remind some things for you. Imagine that the time you previously spent searching for data and the information you were looking for was reduced by 70%. Of course, this is not a dream. Real. Consider that the paper consumption you use in all office processes is reduced by 40-50%. The 50% efficiency increase of the system resources you use is an extra gain. While you can share the information set you have created with your own teams, you can distribute platform independent. Consider that you can actively manage this process with task distribution and orientation. By connecting with other software, it provides ease of communication up to the mail service.

Cons:

The repeat task option doesn't seem very usable to me. A more compelling option should be put in. It would be great if there was a feature to customize the program image. Like the theme change.

Bruno
e-learning developer in Portugal
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

great app for all types of projects and tasks manager

5.0 last month New

Comments: in general it's a great service with a great tracking system and easy to follow

Pros:

very easy to share notes with team and very professional, fast and reliable

Cons:

the price is a bit expensive compared to similar applications, and it can get slow overtime

Geraldine
Geraldine
Marketing Management Specialist in Argentina
Market Research Software, 10,000+ Employees

A digitally versatile organization system

Comments: Allows quick integration with google calendar systems and allows you to scan documents and have them in different places something that benefits remote workers or those who work with large amounts of information

Pros:

This software is an aversion that I consider more professional than digital note-taking and reminder systems, an ideal month when working with large amounts of information and is collected even from a digitally organized space, I like it for its simplicity and that it is still important, it even allows you to save web pages without problem and mark them

Cons:

I have no problem with its simplicity, but it is not something that detracts from the value of the tool itself. This software was designed for professionals who digitally require a space to remember tasks and constantly notify them.

Luisa
Luisa
Strategic business consultant in Uruguay
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent tool in our industry

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Evernote allows me to have all the data I need to write and checks and tasks at my fingertips. It is cross-platform compatible, making it very convenient to write notes on any device. They have great suggestions when I write daily notes and that saves a lot of time.

Pros:

What I like the most is that it keeps me organized and the best thing is that it has easy data entry through writing and recording voice notes. Data can be easily stored, accessed and edited. The document search is very accurate and fast. Besides that the best part of using evernote is its accessibility.

Cons:

In my particular point we can say that this tool does not have any flaws since for us it is very useful so we can say that there are no flaws in this product rather it is very useful for us.

Raj
Raj
Software Developer in India

Convenient way of taking notes

4.0 last month New

Pros:

There is a scratch pad for saving drawings in the notes. The notes can be shared with others and can be accessed from anywhere. Evernote can be used with any type of device. It allows saving notes in different formats.

Cons:

The spell checker of Evernote can be improved. There are regular and frequent updates which sometimes change the format and look of notes and dashboard.

Alyson
Alyson
Senior Sales Analyst in US
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees

An Original That is Still Great

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: My favorite way to use Evernote is for meeting notes and agendas. Their templates and easy folder system make it a great archive for storing and finding this type of information.

Pros:

I love the longevity of Evernote, it is reliable and has been around for so long that I trust that they will continue to provide their services moving forward. By now most everyone is familiar with Evernote and it is easy to explain the benefits and reasons to use the program.

Cons:

I feel like other softwares have come in since Evernote launched and has been better about updating their features and Evernote fell behind a bit. I do think they have started to make improvements recently though.

Ashwin
Manager in India
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Evernote Teams review, Best Note taking Software.

Comments: Evernote is a bit like a virtual notebook or diary, designed for taking deeper and longer notes. As an alternative to Evernote, Google Keep is a virtual surface that you can overlay with concise, timely, and actionable digital notes.
For example, you can use Evernote to take notes during your college psychology course or executive leadership course. You won't be using Google Keep this way - instead, you're jotting down small pieces of information that you want easily accessible, like your child's to-do list or soccer schedule.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to transfer and share notes with the team, how fast and reliable it is. To be honest, the teacher is told to take notes in class without realizing it. It helps you track items and their completion, integrate well with Slack, Outlook, share information better, and get reminders. It works on so many levels for me and I'm glad I've been a longtime user. I love them constantly making amazing changes to make the software even better.

Cons:

The only drawbacks I see is that it's very difficult for the app to realize that you want to start writing. Sometimes I have to press it multiple times and it can get annoying. My only complaint about Evernote Business is that it's expensive. Subscription prices keep going up and features disappear. The support is very slow.

Diane
Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees

Very good!

Comments: I actually really like Evernote teams. It feels very modern and expensive, but it should for the price!
It's easy to share notes but I rarely need to anyway, everyone at work can access them.
Transitioning was easy. I don't know what we would do without it now.

Pros:

I like the project and task lists that everyone has access to. If I need to work with someone on a case I don't have to worry if they've done their part. I can make a to do list and keep track of it. The way the notes are displayed is nice. I can find any one in a few seconds. Images can be searched, definitely a plus! If I need to finish something at home I sync and continue working with my phone or home desktop. Evernote teams helps improve the way you take notes too.

Cons:

The project and task manager needs to be changed a little. No kanban board... Price wise it's just not realistic for everyone. We write every single day, most of the day so it's okay for us.

Rayelene
Entrepreneur in Canada
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees

Welcome to the BEST Productivity App in the World.

Comments: I am extremely inspired to build my brand and feeling supported by a company like Evernote Teams makes it all the more fun and exciting.

Pros:

1. Note-taking genius of an app. 2. File-sharing made easy. 3. Project management teammate of the century.

Cons:

I honestly can't say anything except that I don't see their advertising anywhere. I discovered this app on accident and am happy I did. Thank you again for an A1 product.

Hitesh
Hitesh
Freelancer in UK
Publishing, Self Employed

The perfect notetaking tool!

Comments: One of Evernote's many features is its array of services and programs for keeping and analyzing written notes. A note, also known as a "note" in Evernote, can consist of text, photos, or embedded audio files. It can also have file attachments. straight from the very start, it can be organized into file folders, then named, annotated, edited, given comments, searched, and exported as an integral part of a pocket notebook. Evernote supports several mobile device platforms (including iOS, OS X, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, Chrome OS, BlackBerry, and WebOS), and simultaneously has numerous web-based setup options and backup options.

Pros:

Users can quickly create an attractive and easy-to-view note depending on preferences with Evernote, which offers several aesthetic, stylistic, and format choices for the user to choose from. Sharing class notes and collaborating on them was made extremely accessible by Evernote, helping students work together in the learning environment. Evernote makes it simple to organize information with notebooks, tags, and shortcuts, allowing users to swiftly locate what they need.

Cons:

Integration with Outlook works to some extent, but needs to be improved seeing as most situations a Evernote file is not detected by Outlook and a plugin for Evernote slows down outlook. The desktop client version 10 for Windows system lacks the opening of the program straight from the taskbar icon or the option to autostart at login. A nice feature is that you can personalize your home page, but if you opt to save these customizations, it's a pay-to-play aspect.

CEO in Brazil
Internet, 2-10 Employees

The best option on the market to note taking and managing

Comments: I used microsoft OneNote, but I found it too large to only take notes. I used simple word processors, but it takes too much space. I used apps like gmail (the google keep) and similar, but when it get too many notes it end up too loose. I used many available softwares in the market, not only specific note taking apps, I almos got back using my old fisic nootebook, and in those experimentations I ended up using evernote for I feel like the developers knows exactely what a note taking software needs.

Pros:

Simplicity; Speed; Interoperability between systems; Version history; Recycle Bin

Cons:

Occasionally, for reasons of poor internet connection and other issues related to integration between systems, one or another note ends up being duplicated, which takes time to understand what happened and eliminate duplication, but it is common. when using a lot of environments with multiple installations.

Sanchit
Sanchit
Software Engineer in US

A good UI goes a long way!

Comments: After a few years of working with Evernote I would not dream of using another note taking software, unless forced to do so for consistency. It is feature-rich, and continuously getting better. I have not experienced a single bug in the time I've been using it.

Pros:

There are many positive things to say about the product, but the one area it absolutely blows the competition out of the water is aesthetics and intuitiveness. There are of course a ton of features but they would mean nothing if they were a pain to use. A good, pleasing UI goes much farther than people realize in making consumers keep coming back to the product. The Home tab is skillfully laid out with your most recent notes easily accessible, along with a scratch pad that can conveniently be converted to a note if needed, or lost to the ether if not. I used to start a bunch of frivolous notes and clean them by the hundreds every few months, the scratch pad, while a simple addition, removed the need for that. Love the ability to customize your home page. Another area Evernote really shines in is extensions. The chrome web clipper is an absolutely essential tool for me, since I don't usually want to bookmark the page but also make my own changes to it. The clipper makes this task seamless. It even lets you simplify the page, which comes in handy more often than not. Needless to say, the extension is as aesthetic as the product. It is possible to create IFTTT applets with Evernote, my personal favorite is creating an evernote note by dictating it to the google assistant. The ability to organize notes in notebooks is great but I end up dumping them together and searching for the note I want, the universal search is fantastic.

Cons:

It is somewhat easy to create a note in the wrong notebook, since it picks the notebook you last created your note in. This was the main reason I stopped using notebooks. Google docs is not as aesthetically pleasing but offers more for free. e.g. unlimited devices

Sven
Tech Integrationist in Germany
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

One of the best content management services available

Comments: Evernote Teams looks great and works well on the platforms we used it on - mostly Windows 10 for business plus the individual's choice of smartphone / tablet version of it. Its intuitive navigation and powerful scan and search features were its main selling point for us.
All in all, the price is very fair. But with ever more subcription-based services used in the workplace, we ended up switching away from Evernote Teams simply to save costs. Our new service that we replaced it with is not nearly as sleek or elegant, but offers the same essential features - OCR and search as well as task management - at no additional subscription costs.
If I was the sole decder and/or money didn't not feed into the decision-making process, I'd have stuck with using Evernote Teams as it is really great at what it does.

Pros:

Hands down the OCR. Optical Character Recognition is the name of the feature that allows Evernote to scan the images you take and thus enable its powerful search feature to find content on scanned documents and even pictures. That makes for one of the most powerful organisational features I have yet come across. Even the subscrition costs are very user friendly, given what you're offered. I loved the dashboard, too. Very sleek and easy to both navigate and customize.

Cons:

Personally, it all boils down to integrations for me. I loved the year-ish that we were using Evernote. Integrating it into Microsoft Teams work well enough and it looked the way it always did However, using Everote Teams within Microsoft Teams meant that we were already paying the subscription for Microsoft 365 and then paying Evernote Teams on top of that. We ended up saving us the costs for Evernote Teams by switching to Microsoft OneNote which is included in the abov mentioned subcription.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Evernote made authoring my first handbook a walk in the park

Comments: My creative process can be quite disorganized; with ideas popping up at the oddest times and places. Having a readily accessible and user friendly product like Evernote allowed me to introduce some much needed efficiency and productivity into all that chaos so effortlessly that I completed my first manuscript 4 months ahead of schedule

Pros:

The process of taking notes with Evernote can seem very casual due to the ease of using the software and how complete its feature offerings are. Whether to draw, write, or scribble, Evernote allows me the freedom of expression few other programs do. The feature that excites me the most is Evernote's OCR capability, which functions to perfection.

Cons:

Accessing adequate functionality in offline mode is almost impossible. Even though the cloud solution has it's benefits, some attention should also be paid to developing adaptability to offline use as well.

Dipannita
Dipannita
Self-Employed in Bangladesh
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Best Note-Taking Software I have Ever Used

Comments: It is great software for me. It eliminates the need of keeping a heavy diary in my life. I can easily access, take notes and share files from anywhere. Honestly, it made my life easier.

Pros:

If you are looking for an amazing multi-platform software, especially to serve your note-taking purpose, Evernote Business is leading the market. It comes in a minimalistic design with smooth collaborative features so that you can perfectly sync with other platforms. When it comes to collaboration features, no other software can defeat Evernote business. You can not only do teamworks on your projects, but also store all of the important information in one single place. One amazing part is, you can access it offline, and everything will be updated t=right after you become online. On top of that, the user-interface of Evernote is so user-friendly. Besides, there are many templates which you can use and make life even easier. In my opinion, Evernote Business is a great software to deal with.

Cons:

As it is cloud-based software, syncing is not possible while offline. However, everything will be updated when I become online again. Another thing I want to mention here is it is a little bit expensive. The Evernote team should reconsider the price. However, the value we are getting from it can be easily justified with the price.

Guy
CEO in Belgium

Very powerful knowledge base

Comments: Switching between lot of projects at same time, the notes need to be sorted and searchable quickly from any device (mobiles, tablets, desktops, web ...).
I am using it since 6 years now with entire satisfaction.

Pros:

Facility to create a minutes of meetings, audio recording and note sharing (i.e. for transcriptions). It is very easy to takes notes, and with the audio recording that is occuring in the background, you can still takes notes. So later you can do retranscription of what has been said. Very powerful to write down your ideas, from any device, everything is synchronized and can be shared in real time with other collaborators. It is then very easy to do analysis, reports etc. You can easily export your notes to PDF's etc. Also a very useful tool is the Web Clipper tool, that can store a web page directly to Evernote ! You can choose the Web Clipper to transform the page in an article (so it wipes off all menus, advertisements etc.) or the full page. For each note you can specify tags to group your notes by subject (like ideas, projects, meetings etc.). The search is very fast - 6 years of daily data and I find anything in less than one or two seconds !

Cons:

I would like to record also screens to put them in the notes. For now we can only store audio's. We can use another tool for videos, but can't upload them as there is a limit of file storage (per file). But we can put videos links, images, etc. Also, the tables are not so easy to manage, idem for storing spreadsheets (but include an .xlsx file into it as a file attach is easy).

Norzihan
Norzihan
Recruiter in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Taking note with Evernote Business

Comments: Evernote has acted like my organizer but in digital form. I can adding note into most of the software that i use, and add a little notes and reminder for my future reference. The ability to add picture or audio to the notes give it more value, as more information can be added to the note.

Pros:

What i really like with Evernote Business is, it has option to integrated with software like Gmail and Google Drive. I can attach files into my note for easy reference and forward my notes to the Gmail and shares it with my team. Using Evernote as a OCR(optical character recognition) for my PDF files let me to search for specific keyword in the files in a matter of second.

Cons:

There are limited option for text style and format customization that can be altered and edited in here. A beautiful and properly formatted notes improve my moods and attract creativity in myself, which i hope this software can offer. Other than that point, everything else is wonderful.

Daniel
Strategic Partnerships in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Evernote Business: The Ultimate Collaborative Tool for Businesses

Comments: All in all, I would undoubtedly recommend Evernote Business to any business out there as it provides immense value in collaboration, integrations, templates and more! There are even learning classes for businesses that are starting out, who want to make full use of Evernote. All of this for a small number of flaws such as the pricing.

Pros:

Evernote Business is an amazing, note-taking, multi-platform software for businesses because of their best in class collaborative features, clean and minimalistic design, perfect sync, and much more. It definitely has the best collaboration features of all the note-taking software that I have used. From working together on projects to storing information in one single place, Evernote is the best ways to do it. One of the main selling points for me is that you can collaborate offline with your team on Evernote and everything syncs right back up perfectly afterwards. You can access, upload, edit, and share files from any device, even your phone! Furthermore, Evernote's user interface is extremely clean and keeps your workspace uncluttered. There are countless useful templates that I personally have found much success with, that only requires a simple press of the 'use template' button. Not only this but with the in-app integrations with Gmail, Slack, Outlook and Google Drive, you can really combine workflows in a harmonic way.

Cons:

There are very few flaws with Evernote Business and they shouldn't really be an issue for most businesses. One of these flaws is the pricing of Evernote Business which is quite high at about 15 USD each month for each user in the business. Whether this price is worth it for your business is the question but for me, it was an extremely useful tool.

Isabella
Isabella
Project Analyst in UK

The ultimate note-taking application.

Comments: In the company, we had some problems expressing the ideas we had. Sometimes it was complicated to work as a team because of a lack of communication at certain times. We could use a typical dashboard for group ideas, but it was too inefficient. Evernote Business allowed us all to take notes for ourselves and for the company. The communication is now excellent and we find it to be software we can't stop living with. The variety of file types it handles is very good and the integration with other software we use is excellent for productivity. We have everything centralized in Evernote Business and the information is not lost.

Pros:

I have a lot of ways to save a quick thought. I love being able to record a voice memo and save it as a note in Evernote and then being able to listen to it and write down some audio notes in the same file. I think that the spontaneity of Evernote Business and the ability to handle several types of files is what I like best and I think it is the strongest point of the application. Another aspect I like very much about Evernote Business is that the software is adapted to all operating systems and many devices. It is very convenient to have the software synchronized on all the devices of the company's workers because it is always accessible to take a note or make a contribution. The integration with other software used by the company, such as Gmail or the calendar, is perfect. I think it is essential to have good productivity in the team and everything is in one application. The synchronization in the edition of files and documents is very good, we have not had any problem. At first, it was hard to get used to their system of ordering notes by notebooks, but now I think it is essential.

Cons:

At first we were intimidated by Evernote. It has too many features that are new to us. It's a friendly application in the interface, but it's challenging to use. It took us time and effort to get used to more and more features to get the most out of it, and it was better when we started watching the tutorials on the YouTube channel. The mobile application is growing too much. I'm worried that on some low-powered smartphone I won't be able to use this software. I understand it's because of all the media files out there, but I wish there was a lite version or a way to compress the files so they took up less space.

Lauren
Lauren
Executive Assistant in US
Media Production, 51-200 Employees

Ever Noted For The Masses

Comments: I remember Evernote when it was in its early development stages as an optimistic note-taking application. Years in the making, it grew a business software branch and became even more extensive. I have positive support for the brand and hope it'll continue to grow.

Pros:

I really appreciate its savvy integration with other cloud-based solutions. It approaches the connection and bonding experience in a playful, yet professional manner. The company I work with is active with Salesforce and Google, so we discussed a crucial need of ours. The business needed our concepts and data to be quickly recorded into an excelling application. That's where EverNote Business came in. I was already familiar with EverNote and informed our company of the new technology extension. We moved forward and were impressed by the results. Within a month, our projections were progressing by a 20% increase. Our thoughts and visions were compiled, together, in a single database that simplified our workflow. And most of all, we were able to work faster. EverNote trimmed unnecessary time away.

Cons:

My only minor setback, with the software, would be the design possibilities. I do wish that EverNote presented a little more features for its users to manage the layout of the notes more. Otherwise, it's a wonderful solution.

Uros
Uros
CEO in Serbia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Evernote is definitely the king of all reminders

Comments: I have been using this software for a very long time. To this day, I enjoy all the improvements. I have already cited the sea of benefits that have set me apart for this reminder. In fact, over time it has ceased to be a classic reminder, and today we are already talking about a serious article-making program or even presentations. I am a Premium package user so even PDFs are not a problem. So with this software, your phone becomes a pocket-sized office with no major obstacles

Pros:

Software from day one buys all my sympathies for many reasons. First of all, because of the ease of use of its options, the ability to include individual notes via inserting files into the notes themselves. Also, synchronization is perfect so there is no need to manually transfer files. Of course, today many remembered to follow this example very successfully, but certainly Evernote was among the first to become a userfrendly application for professional users. Even if you are not a premium user you have a lot of features in the interface itself so you are in no way conditioned on the developer to buy the premium package

Cons:

Преведи са језика: босански 591/5000 Evernote also has some drawbacks. I admit, it's not a disadvantage that would deter me from using it, but ... First of all, if you use a phone with less configuration, there is a possibility of freezing the application at certain times, as well as shutting it down during operation. In case you have not already remembered before then you lose it. So, the suggestion to developers is to introduce autosave in one of the upcoming upgrades. Also, the nightmare could have been done far better because of the battery and screen savings (Due to prolonged use it can be "fatal" from the OLED screen of your smartphone)

Isaac
Accountant in Zimbabwe
Tobacco, 51-200 Employees

Evernote Business review by Isaac Fungura

Comments: Evernote is a very handy tool in my daily life, both business and personal. I tend to get overwhelmed with tasks and forget some brilliant ideas I may have had. So, I decided to install Evernote on all my devices - phone, tab, laptop so that when I take my routine morning walks or runs, and an idea pops up in my mind, I quickly jot it down. The brilliance of Evernote is that I can type or use a stylus, or take a picture of say a product I want the procurement team to purchase and I can also record a voice note and save it as is...or it can also decode my voice note and save it as text almost instantaneously! I can also save PDFs, Word documents, scribble a sketch drawing or even get a signature if I don't have a handy paper for a client to sign. I also use it to set reminders and to-do list which I can then follow through later on. All this is then synced across my devices through my linked Google account so that even if I'm away from my laptop, I can still access my data or add notes on my other devices. In the office and in meetings, I easily take notes and minutes and can then share that with colleagues. It's just superb and makes life sooo easy. It also switches on my creative mindset since I can just take down notes whenever and wherever I go. I also use Evernote at my Masters school to take notes in lectures...how convenient, because I normally don't want to move around with books in my hands. Also it is very easy to store the notes and share them with fellows

Pros:

There is no limit to what I can put or store into my Evernote account. The library can store important business information such as company policies and procedure manuals for the access of everyone at the company who is using Evernote. It replaces the need for the company to have a physical library for sharing that info. Evernote separates between private and business note books, hence respects privacy of employees and they can take that private information when they leave the company and all the business notebooks remain with the company. Notifications when someone joins a library, edits or adds a note, these assist me in keeping track of what is going on around the organisation since I may not physically be able to cope with the events occurring around, but on Evernote, I quickly get insights of what is going on. It allows sharing information across the organisation and getting feedback

Cons:

When offline, I'm obviously unable to sync my content with my other devices. However, when I get back online sync becomes active. It can become addictive sometimes as it is a part of my daily life