About Uplisting

The only tool you need for your short-term rentals. Job done. Save hours every week with automated messages, smart rates and much more.

Learn more about Uplisting

Pros:

Cons:

Unfortunately they do not feature their own booking engine yet.

Uplisting ratings

4.8
4.8
4.5
4.9

9.2/10

Uplisting has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 69 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Uplisting before?

Miguel
Miguel
CEO in Canada

The Best I've Found

Comments: Phenomenal, I won't be going anywhere, they have really proved themselves to vacation property managers that they put us first. They are slowly trying to master each new feature without comprising the overall use of what makes them great.

Pros:

I love how uplisting connects with AirBnB & Booking seamlessly, the integrated all in one inbox absolutely amazing as well makes it easier for my team to access everything in one area. I'm happy with the support as of now, the team is always on it and from the start [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has helped our team from the beginning, to onboarding, questions, and any difficulties we've had. I've worked with so many other PMS/Channel managers and have been hopping around with massive frustration, I'm glad I can finally end the headache of timewasting of switching every 6 months to a new PMS with one I can finally call home. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons:

The onboarding with VRBO is slow but this is mostly issues with Homeaway rather than uplisting, also some third party pricing tools have to be tweaked around to be able to customized with uplisting so you don't get the full ability of some apps, also they don't have a widget for direct bookings on website (their new link payment makes up for this in some way but not if your a marketer wanting to send traffic) however, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has mentioned that this it is something that will be coming out soon so Im looking forward to seeing that and their app in action.

Alternatives Considered: Avantio

Reasons for Switching to Uplisting: integrated inbox, pricing, support, and the temptation of future new features like the app, and website widget.

Koran
Director in U.K.

The Best PMS!

Comments: Automation, collection of guests details. My workload in dealing with guests and new bookings has decreased by 2 thirds. Allowing me to crack on with running my business.

Pros:

I have been doing serviced apartments for nearly 3 years now. I am still new, still learning and adapting. I have been with 2 other PMS's. I left the first one because they started off well, but kept taking away features and adding them as an add-ons, and the UX/UI kept changing- I felt like I had to keep re-learning how to use it. The second one, they promised me the world and hyped up their software, but in reality it was just no good. Uplisting was recommended to me as easy-to-use and alot of features. I'm happy I was sent in the direction of Uplisting. The ease of use of the software couldn't be easier. The features included are excellent. They are always adding new stuff. The customer service team actually work for Uplisting and aren't a hired team reading a screen. As long as Uplisting stay on this path, I'm not going anywhere. Very happy! Keep up the excellent work guys!

Cons:

I can't comment on cons. The reason being because there's nothing that comes to mind. The team are always implementing new features. And they listen and work on other features. It's not about "cons" and what's least to like, it's about how the team deal with it. And for that, I have no negative comments.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Uplisting: My website developer couldn't integrate with Little Hotelier due to the lack of API integration. I had to make a swift change. At the time it was low on my priority list as I was making live 5 units. But it had to be dealt with there and then. Within a week I went from learning I have to change PMS to going live with all units on Uplisting. My website is now integrated.

Switched From: Tokeet and Little Hotelier

Reasons for Switching to Uplisting: 2 reasons: 1) Guesty was very expensive 2) Guesty looked like I needed a diploma to use it

Dave
Owner in U.K.

Fantastic Channel Manager with forward thinking owners

5.0 last month New

Comments: Uplisting is a hospitality management tool that makes our business perform operationally with ease, I particularly like how progressive the company is and how they listen to their clients and update the platform accordingly.

Pros:

The software is easy to use set up and operate. Integration with OTAs and other software is simple and has a very strong API

Cons:

Nothing really all is very good, the new upgrades coming for Insights are exciting

Alternatives Considered: Smoobu

Reasons for Choosing Uplisting: One stop shop for all our needs, with Tokeet we had to integrate and create other software to manage our portfolio with Uplisting we don't.

Switched From: Tokeet

Reasons for Switching to Uplisting: More functionality and recommendations from other providers

Rebecca
Director in Australia

Dissappointed and decided to change companies after 2 weeks

2.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: frustrating, I couldn't wait to change companies

Pros:

At first, I thought it was good as I was able to get my various OTA mapped quickly. I quickly realised that this is not the product for our business.

Cons:

There are too many glitches with the system, it is not user-friendly, the site is not intuitive, and you can not use the app, this is only good for messaging so if you need to make any changes or access a client booking you need to go online and log in. The support is only by chat, it can take a few hours for someone to get back to you, this is totally inadequate for a dynamic industry. The support staff often have to seek further advice which causes more delays in getting a problem solved. The software has potential but they are a very long way from being at the same level as their competitors for the same price.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Uplisting: I discovered after 12 months of using Little hotelier that you had to update your OTA inventory AND your website separately. This was not explained to me, additionally, Little hotelier can not map to VRBO. This meant I had to update 3 inventories for price updates.

Reasons for Switching to Uplisting: I'm not sure why now, I think I would have been better going with Guesty. However, I have decided to go with Hostaway - hopefully this will fulfil our business needs.

Julie

Ease of use

Comments: Great team that is responsive to needs and concerns.

Pros:

Software makes managing our 7 properties a breeze. Best one we found so far.

Cons:

The mobile app is too basic and we cannot use for high level tasks.

Alternatives Considered: Guesty For Hosts

Switched From: Lodgify

Douglas
Owner in Austria
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Best PMS / Channel Manager out there. Simple!

Pros:

I've tried many different systems, and this is simply the easiest to use, most powerful, and cleanest software out there. Don't go with Cloudbeds or any of the others - this is improving faster than any other too, with a great team who listen to suggestions and actually implement them! Fantastic.

Cons:

No mobile app (other than for messaging guests).

Kelly

Comprehensive Solution for Vacation Rental Management Software

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Very positive. My questions are answered immediately, and I feel like a well-cared-for customer.

Pros:

This software allows me to manage the property on my own. From the experience of the guest making a reservation, to managing communication with the guest, to the partnership with financial institutions to handle the money transfers, everything is very well done.

Cons:

One of the greatest features of Uplisting is that they've incorporated user feedback as a critical aspect of the software's development. In other words, improvements are constantly being made and implemented. Honestly, the software is better now than it was when I began using it only a few months ago.

Robert
Director in U.K.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

A software in the making....

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: very good!

Pros:

I like the sofware, it does what I need to save time, is easy to follow

Cons:

I would like to see more feture in the software instead of paying a second party....

Alternatives Considered: Kigo

Reasons for Switching to Uplisting: Price.

Steve
CEO in U.S.

Works well

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Mostly satisfied. Looking forward to upcoming enhancements, including mobile app and a few UI updates.

Pros:

Calendar synchronization with all platforms we use or intend to use

Cons:

No smartphone app yet. The user interface could use some updates. Individual property calendars would be nice to have

Heidi
OWNER in U.S.

Great software

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

This is a great software and fit for my small vacation rental company

Cons:

accounting and owner log in. This is all in the works now and will be great once finished

Cory
Real Estate Property Manager in Italy
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Exactly what I was looking for...

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive and I truly feel that I am good hands with the Uplisting team.

Pros:

After nearly 10 years with one of the largest channel managers on the market and then a bumpy 6 month run with another provider over promising and under delivering, I was so relieved when I stumbled upon Uplisting by chance in a Google search. It is exactly what I was looking for - as if it were designed by property managers like myself. The customer service is outstanding and the Uplisting team is willing to listen and implement customer feature requests.

Cons:

If I had to find one flaw, I would say not having the ability to edit reservation line items (costs and fees) and in turn the automatically calculated owner payout totals is probably the most important issue that needs to be addressed. However, after suggesting some ideas, the team is working on making this feature available.

Alternatives Considered: Smoobu, Lodgify and inReception

Reasons for Choosing Uplisting: I switched from KIGO because the core user interface is run on outdated technology and instead of recreating a new platform KIGO has continued adding to an outdated system which caused so many errors and issues. After a long run with KIGO, it was just time for a change.I switched from Direct because ultimately it was more common to see an error page when navigating the system than an actual functioning page - although I was always happy with the implementation manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], as well as the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. It is a good product but has a long ways to go and unfortunately I couldn't be patient any longer.

Switched From: Kigo

Reasons for Switching to Uplisting: Uplisting offers quick customer service which is extremely important to me. It also offers an easy to use platform that is constantly offering more and more features without causing problems with the core features.

Trish
Owner/Property Manager in U.S.

Finally!! An Excellent channel manager & excellent customer support

Comments: Again, I truly can’t say enough good things about this product and the customer service. If you haven’t tried them out you really should! You will not be disappointed.

Pros:

We looked around for months at all the different channel managers and all-in-one packages. We spent a lot of time and money on 2 other programs that left us highly dissatisfied, and FINALLY landed with the right product. This is it!! I can’t sing it’s praises more highly! It does everything we want it to do, quickly and efficiently and no bugs so far! Can you believe it? No bugs?!?! No glitches. And the information upload and download is faster than every single product we tried. This alone would have sold me. Add to this the fact that the customer service is top notch. Not another company out there has taken such an interest in not only making sure everything is set up correctly but also takes suggestions to heart. I never have to wait more than a few hours for a response ever. And they keep adding more and more fabulous features. And, in case you’re wondering, I love the software for its Intuitiveness and ease of use (I’m the non-techy one in the family but I’m the one who runs the business) and my husband is a crazy smart engineer and he loves the software as well. They’ve built this software really well (so says my husband) and we are both so grateful the search for a great channel manager is over. Can’t recommend this product highly enough!

Cons:

There are still a couple of features they are actively working on that I’d like to see. This con is actually going to be pro as well because when they say they are working on something they really are and we see results almost weekly. It’s impressive really. I also love that when they roll out a new feature it just works and isn’t glitchy.

Nathan
Owner in Norway
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Awesome software, even better team behind it

Comments: One of the sleeper features of Uplisting is its integration with Zapier. I can easily export every single booking into an AirTable or Google Sheet (and it gets modified or deleted as the booking gets modified or canceled). From there, I can create all sorts of analytics equations and see how far in advance people book which properties during which seasons. I can set up automatic Twilio text messages if I want. I can tie IFTTT into my spreadsheet and then do other things like drop my property's thermostats to an "away" mode to keep from wasting heat in the winter when I don't have guests. The possibilities are endless. As I learn more about the system and its strengths I keep coming up with cool ideas and was to leverage this integration.

Pros:

Uplisting is a beautifully conceived and powerful software solution that seems to have grown from the ground up with an eye toward scalability and the frequent implementation of new features. There's no extra BS that isn't useful or doesn't work, so it does what it does extremely well. When I started into short term rentals in 2016, Uplisting was newer and I ultimately chose a different product that had been around much longer and was more feature rich. However, it became a headache to use, was slow, buggy, and poorly conceived. I switched to a second product, then a third and experienced the same issues -- software bloat, an unintuitive interface, and a glacially slow development process where even critical bugs could take weeks or longer to sort out, and promised features routinely wound up months to even years behind. Finally I rediscovered Uplisting. Since I first looked at their product, it's grown faster than nearly any other competitor in the market. The team answers questions comprehensively and immediately, bug fixes or small feature additions seemingly happen overnight, and large features roll out on a bi-weekly to monthly basis. This is absolutely fantastic. I needed automated reviews, automated messaging, API integration to VRBO/ABB/Booking, a useable app or mobile friendly web site, integration with dynamic pricing, and a direct booking platform. Uplisting has it all, with the exception of the booking platform which is right around the corner.

Cons:

I can't really ask for much more aside from perhaps a really good booking metrics section. However, with a little elbow grease and smarts, you can leverage its Zapier integration and create your own metrics and booking analysis for free, plus a host of other things. See below.

Holly
Director in Australia
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Make your life easier- give uplisting a go!

Comments: We changed from using guesty which we were struggling with on the support side of things. We were not getting answers for sometimes days meaning lost bookings and upset guests... since changing to uplisting we have had such a positive experience in particular with the support. It is excellent! Having a real human get back to you on an important issue is so incredibly important and often it is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] himself which speaks volume for how much he is invested into the software and its development. Do yourself a favour and give uplisting a try. The interface is very user friendly, it’s is continually improving and evolving and they really listen to the clients and their feedback. They have a great Facebook support group also- it is very affordable no will save you hours in so many ways- from automated messaging to bulk pricing, to identity check links etc

Pros:

What a breath of fresh air- support from real humans in real time! Uplisting listen to all feedback and are excellent in the support department! This has got to be the number one factor for trying any new software.

Cons:

The software is constantly evolving and the developers are hands on- listening and improving features all the time. I can really only say that the one negative is that currently you can’t view the entire month at once.. however knowing [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team I’m sure it is in the pipeline along with so many other exciting improvements.

Shari
Co Founder in Australia

Love using Uplisting !!

Comments: Professional team, excellent customer service and they go the extra mile to assist their clients. Excellent, easy to use software.

Pros:

Uplisting is the most simple platform I have used as a channel manager, it is easy to set up and easy to learn and use. The auto messaging is faultless, messages go out as planned. I love that I can save messages to be sent last minute as well and click and send with ease. The support team are excellent and have been helpful from the beginning. I love that the team are improving their software all the time based on what customers require. I feel this is so important. We found it very difficult finding software for the short term rental industry that does everything in one place that we require it to do. There are so many out there but if they 'do it all' they are way too expensive for a smaller company starting out to use. Uplisting is nearly there for all our company needs and we are willing to stick with them as they are adding features all the time. Excellent software, give it a trial, you won't regret it.

Cons:

Just waiting for a booking button for our website and a few more features on the Housekeeping side and we'll be a customer for life !! Very happy :)

3 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to write an in-depth review Shari. We appreciate it! A few upgrades to the housekeeping feature coming in the next week. Looking forward to working together for the long term!

Peter
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Good-Bye Double Bookings (Thank God)

Comments: From Vincent to the (ever increasing) support team .... I have been very pleased. The pricing is fair. The product lives up to what was promised and to top it off ... Uplisting is not sitting on their behinds and resting on what they have done. Rather updates with new features, new bells and whistles are coming in like a constant stream. A true commitment to moving forward as suggestions and recommendations from users are listened to, analysed and often (very often) implemented. Now that's a forward facing company.

Pros:

The number "1" feature for us is that if a client books one of our units, Uplisting immediately blocks the dates on all platforms. We used to (occasionally when doing this manually) end up having another party book the same days and than the trouble of cancelling one party over the other .... Second item that we love; the calendar updates. One area, one entry and ALL platforms are updated. It would take a whole day to go from platform to platform and do this manually. These two items alone, make Uplisting indispensable to us.

Cons:

I wish I could have everything I have on my laptop mirrored on my iPhone. But .... is that a CON? Not really.

Aowei
President in U.S.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Easy to Use, Very AI feel.

Comments: Overall experience is even though that there are some I desired features are still under development, I would like to put my faith in them, I can see the bright future for them. I m using them, and happy with them. Keep it [email protected] Uplisting.

Pros:

I used many of property management software, they all have some good features and some useless ones. But Uplisting is more like a reliable real personal assistant to me. Maybe that is the AI... Especially the 1. Automation-Each reservation it helps to send out 7 emails to the guest. 2. Auto price mark up- It sends out the percentage that I would like to mark upon each channel after I set up the base price 3.Real-time sync speed. Believe me, This is more important than anything else. No more overbooking so far 4.The response time- Even though they are not based in the US, but the quick response when I have questions is really helpful. 5. I like the video tutorials they make for new feature release.

Cons:

There are some features comes really handy that Uplisting is still developing are: 1. Website, I would like to have a website building tool to create my personal booking page, they said that they will release the feature around March 2020. 2. I would like to send out guests quotes with all the price break down before I really create a reservation to them. 3. I would like to edit the daily price or the total amount after I select the dates, or discount the price on percentage. 4. I hope there is a simple beep sound while there is a new message.

Property Manager in Belize

Uplisting in Belize

Pros:

Uplisting is an excellent software service that has allowed us to streamline our services for guests and for us the admin. Previously, we had many different logins for the variety of units that we manage and we are happy at the efficency that uplisting provides to us. We are looking forward to the new features coming online and how this will assist us going forward.

Cons:

The only con I would say that exist is the complicated set up with HomeAway services. This really isn't Uplistings doing but instead HomeAway as they have consistantly fallen behind their competitors in ease of use in everyway. We do hope that Uplisting and others share this feedback with HomeAway so they understand the frustrations their users face and make the needed changes to modernise their platform. The only other con is being worked on as we speak which is a mobile app for iOS and Android.

Alternatives Considered: Hostify, Guesty and Lodgify

Emily
Property manager in U.K.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Could be so good - but has too many issues...

Comments: I wish wish wish these guys improved their software. It has the potential to be amazing but there are some major flaws. We decided to go with uplisting as their price is so competative compared to Guesty - but it seems that you get what you pay for - a buggy, wannabe SAAS. Building a software that can't be used on a phone, for an industry that is often on its feet, is hard to understand. Uplisting's suggestion forum for is full of ideas from customers, but I believe this is precisely because their software doesn't do the trick for most. What makes the experience of this software so infuriating, is that you want it to be good, so invest loads of time in the set up, give the benefit of the doubt to customer service, hang on until everything is set up to evaluate it - only to find that it still doesn't work. I wish I could get back the time I've spent in trying to set up our Uplisting account (over 2 weeks). I don't recommend others waste their time like I have.

Pros:

This system has so much potential - lots of neat features like direct booking websites, deposit systems, automated messages (if it is working). Great integrations with platforms (except VRBO). Great pricing control. Really nice 'how to' videos by the founders for most setup needs...

Cons:

The design is not responsive - so we can't use any of the features of this software on our mobiles, that's right: none at all, not even when you're in a bind and can't get to a desktop. The mobile app that does exist is less than minimal only allowing you to message guests: BUT: - the saved responses don't work - it doesn't load previous conversations - you can't see when a guest has sent a messages (could be a minute ago, could be 1 day ago). The automated outbound messaging system doesn't work for last min bookings so guests are left without checkin details and info about their booking (!) The UI is really hard to read (tiny font, it's really hard to distinguish between properties on their calendar, the design is actually harder to read quickly than a spreadsheet would be). The customer service has real people (which I suppose is a plus) and they do try to help, but 9/10 they don't know how to help and even take around 1-2 days to respond to you. They don't run customer service for a hospitality software on the weekends, which to me makes no sense as their customers are all using their platforms on the weekend... All of this compounds to make it really hard to use. Leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Matthew
Partner in U.K.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Solves the problems you actually have with Airbnb, product direction & support both 💯

Pros:

The team are on to a winner with uplisting - it's thoroughly modern web software for managing multiple listings on Airbnb. It's also the only way I could consider listing on booking.com (after years on Airbnb), and has paid for itself through the extra bookings that generated. I've also been really happy to see it manage prices in a smart way, and send consistent, automatic replies to guests.

Cons:

uplisting is trying to drive multiple booking sites, all with different interfaces and assumptions. It exposes what it can do for you, even if the result is inconsistent. So I needed to dive in and understand more of the underlying booking platforms than I wanted. Messaging is an active area of development - so you can sometimes only see the messages you've sent, not the ones you've received. It's not clear what it's doing in the background - has it finished? Has it done what I wanted? Some more feedback or logs would be useful. (every negative has been backed up with a reassuring support experience, and often feature fixes weeks later)

4 years ago

Hi Matthew, Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to do this. We've released a few updates to the inbox recently (filtering and ordering) and in the next day or two will also release the ability to close/archive and to star/prioritise messages. You'll also see full Booking.com message conversations very very soon!

Austė
Owner of short-term rent agency in Lithuania
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

With a good team there is nothing impossible

Comments: We are a short-term rental agency, who are managing 70 apartments. Uplisting helps us to manage the business easier and save a lot of time.

Pros:

The software is user-friendly, it's comfortable to use. It has all the functions, that are needed to manage the short-term rentals. Also, we like integrations with Zapier and Stripe. The most thing, we are happy about is the team, who are working there. They help in every situation and pay a lot of attention to the client. Also, they are working on new features, that are needed for this business. Big thanks to the team, you are working great!

Cons:

The cleaning schedule can be improved, if you have a lot of apartments, it's not comfortable to use. Waiting for the app, because most of the work is done on a mobile phone. The integration of the website would be nice to have.

Steven
Managing Director in U.S.

Uplisting Review

Comments: Customer Service was hit or miss.

Pros:

The value of the product is great for anyone with 10 or less units.

Cons:

The lack of growth and features needed to grow our property management company wasn't there, forcing us to seek another company.

2 years ago

Ah, this is our first semi-negative review! To cover a couple of the points raised: - Most of our members are in the 20 to 50 listing range, however, we have many with smaller numbers and many with to 200+. - Lack of growth and features We are one of the most active platforms in the market - in terms of feature releases. We release features almost every other week. Recent features include a powerful direct booking engine (already processing $300k worth of bookings monthly!), mobile app, guest payment plans, guest identify verification (very few platforms, if any, offer this natively and included in our price), custom tags for automated messages, and automated reviews.

Chef / Content Creator in Australia

Easy & fast to setup + great support

Pros:

- Fast & reliable at syncronising bookings across channels - I switched to Uplisting from another channel manager that didn't syncronise fast enough and caused me to recieve double bookings. - Integration with Stripe, reporting invalid credit cards back to Booking.com and automatically charging on Booking - saves me a few minutes on each booking. - Automated messaging - works with both Airbnb and Booking.com. Guests love the instant confirmation message after booking, which wasn't always possible. I also have a scheduled message for after checkout - asking the guests for feedback and a review. - Clear roadmap of development (they share their plan trello.com) - Fixed price per listing - Instant support via intercom

Cons:

- No mobile apps, but the website is mobile brower friendly. - Automated messages could be improve with some more customisation options.

Nikola
Chief Hospitality Manager in Austria
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

Makes my life so much easier

Comments: Fantastic experience so far. Of course you need to get used to a new software and stumble across some problems during that process. However, the support was always there when a question came up.

Pros:

- Fantastic features involving Zapier for automatic workflows - this was one of the main reasons I decided to go with Uplisting, though I haven't tried it out yet. - Affordability - Easy to use and navigate without causing too much confusion because of functionality overload - Great support

Cons:

- Unfortunately they do not feature their own booking engine yet. This is bitter as most other tools have it. But it is in their pipeline, so this is just a temporary disadvantage.

Sandrine
Manager in Luxembourg
Real Estate, Self Employed

Best software and best team!

Pros:

Absolutely everything! Price, no hidden fees, easy, handy, perfect!

Cons:

The fact that there is no actual mobile app.

Alternatives Considered: Smoobu and Guesty

3 years ago

Thanks for your review Sandrine! We really appreciate you taking the time.