15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Databox

Databox is an easy-to-use analytics platform for growing businesses.

Learn more about Databox

Pros:

You can use many different sources and Databox has multiple integrations that help you get started. If there isn't integration you still upload custom spreadsheets and create a report from those.

Cons:

Lack of customization, and visual tools, and not able to drill down at least 1 layer, or to the data behind it.

Databox ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

Databox has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 199 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Databox before?

Mariano
Mariano
Managing Partner in Chile
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Critical data every morning

Comments: It's a central part of the information structure of my business. Love it and recommend it.

Pros:

The templates are great and the dashboards are easy to build or customize. You can connect everything I regularly use. I love that I get a report every morning on my inbox.

Cons:

It could use a better iPad App but its not critical, browser version works well.

Higher Education Software, 10,000+ Employees

What's not to love about Databox?

Comments: Databox is always looking for ways to improve its interface. It's smooth - data updates quickly and it's easy to use. The customer-service is super responsive, and always willing to step in and help out with the Databoards (dashboards) I'm working on. I would say it is my favorite tool to use as an analyst - ever!

Pros:

The platform is very user-friendly. It's easy to learn and the customer service takes their time to walk you through all of the features and questions you may have when learning the platform. The platform has so many integrations and is incredibly flexible.

Cons:

Still missing some more obscure, less popular, integrations.

Jolly
Data Associate in Denmark
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Effortless data centralization for efficiency in performance

5.0 last week New

Comments: Sharing performance through presentations is made easier and more updated. It is a key tool to hitting targets.

Pros:

It brings together data for easier analysis which leads to better and faster decision making. It also leaves more time for strategizing on workflow and evaluation. Despite being highly guarded with technology, it is quite easy to relate with. Reporting and data entry is now digital and more advanced. I see a brighter and more promising future with Databox.

Cons:

It is sometimes hard to customize the tool. I wanted to work with my own settings but it really delayed me so I ended up using the default settings.

Peter
President in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Significant Issues With Platform Uptime, Very Buggy And Stopped Syncing With Google Analytics

Comments: Due to prolonged outages for the platform and syncing with Google Analytics, the reports were not reliable. We'd often show up for a client meeting, only to find out that the system had gone down a few minutes before. There was one point where it was down for nearly 3 weeks in a row. Their support took several hours to respond. Their response typically was, "Our developers fixed this, please try again." When we went to check, it would still have the same issues. We had dozens upon dozens of support tickets. They ended up assigning an account manager to us. While the account manager was friendly, their job was simply to check their uptime... Most emails were, "It still isn't working, I'll recheck with the developers." Toward the end of our contract, we reached out to ask for a credit due to the downtime. They responded by saying they have no flexibility and don't offer credits or refunds. It is so bizarre to me that a company would have a platform with so much downtime but will not reimburse you for the time their solution is unavailable. We ended up switching to Google Data Studio and hiring someone on UpWork to recreate the reports.

Pros:

The drag-and-drop reports looked nice and made it easy to create visualizations.

Cons:

The platform was constantly going down. We had significant outages for the platform and their ability to sync with Google Analytics. This caused our reporting to display incorrect data, if it showed data at all.

Benson
IT Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Consistent Business Intelligence Tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Databox has the right business intelligence option, and it uses data for analytics.

Cons:

Databox is cost manageable, and no operational fault.

4 weeks ago

Hi Benson, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with Databox! We're thrilled to hear that you find our business intelligence option to be the right fit for your needs, and that our analytics capabilities are meeting your expectations. Shafaq from Databox

Tiffani
Marketing Data Analyst in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Finally a Platform that checks all the boxes!

Pros:

The things I enjoy most about Databox is the flexibility of this platform as well as the overall user interface. There are truly so many different options available for you to configure dashboards to your wants and needs. For example, Databox offers a ton of different data visualization options. Additionally, the ability to create custom metrics has proven to be an extremely useful and flexible tool in Databox as well. With regards to the interface, the platform overall is very aesthetically pleasing and my colleagues love the way the dashboards look. Overall, this platform really checks all the boxes for me. As a Marketing Data Analyst, I'm very happy.

Cons:

I think the only thing that can be improved with Databox is perhaps allowing an unlimited amount of dashboards for accounts or a higher amount of dashboards with each account subscription they offer. Users should be aware that to get a large amount of dashboards in your account, you will likely need the highest subscription. Other than that, I do not have any complaints at all. This platform truly has managed to have everything I want and need.

Mizanur Rahman
CEO in Bangladesh
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great product loaded with features

Comments: My overall experience with Databox is really excellent. It is a little complex but loaded with features. It will seem complex at first set up, but once you get the hang of it, you will really love it. Please reduce the price for individuals or small organizations like us, then I will never leave Databox.

Pros:

With Databox, I can create custom dashboards and reports to display the data that is most important to me. This allows me to tailor the platform to my specific needs and get the insights that are most relevant to my marketing agency. I can see the real-time updates that allow me to stay on top of important changes. It allows sharing my data with my team members, clients, and stakeholders which really helps me to run my business.

Cons:

Databox is a little more difficult to use than other similar tools. It may require a learning curve to get the most out of the platform. I have used similar tools earlier but Databox seems a little complicated to me. It took around one week to learn Databox properly. When we create custom dashboards and reports in Databox, Databox doesn't offer as much customization as other tools. This could be an issue for users who want to create highly specific or customized views of their data. Databox is a little expensive. This may not be an issue for larger businesses with significant budgets for data analysis, but it may be a concern for smaller organizations or individuals like me. Hope they will reduce the price soon. :)

Mike
Mike
Online Marketing Consultant in Netherlands
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Performance Dashboarding that can be free for up to 3 connections!

Comments: I really enjoy using Databox dashboards. They make it easy for me to see all of the important data that I need in one place. I can also customize the dashboards to show me exactly what I want to see. The only downside is that they can be a bit tricky to set up at first, but once you get the hang of it, they're great!

Pros:

Databox is a great software for keeping track of your data. It's easy to use and has a lot of features that are really helpful. I like that it's always up to date and that I can access it from anywhere.

Cons:

I'm a huge fan of Databox. But sometimes i find it to be a bit clunky and difficult to use. The interface is not as user-friendly as I would like it to be. Additionally, I find the reporting options to be somewhat limited. Overall, i would still recommend Databox to others who want to make nice looking reports over multiple sources.

Njeru
Senior researcher in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Data creation and analytics tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The tool has intuitive visualization features that help to analyze data effectively

Cons:

The cost to acquire is high compared to alternatives

Capital Markets, 11–50 Employees

Best platform to track traffic

Pros:

The dashboard are user-friendly and can be customized easily.

Cons:

The speed is slow for big datasets. And when i used free trial they only allowed 3 dashboards only

Jordan
Digital Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Just the tool we needed.

Comments: For our clients, we're showing them how their investment is put to use but also having greater conversations over what we can do TOGETHER to improve results. They see that we are more than just a marketing agency, we are a partner. For our agency, we are able to show results across each discipline. The artists have more ownership in the results than they once did. Our brand managers are more strategic and forward thinking.

Pros:

Easy to use. Has all of the connections we need. If we don't have a connection, the team is quick to try and implement it. The hourly refresh is awesome. Helps our team stay informed, helps our clients see how their investment is put to work. The time our team puts into the tool, we get twice as much back out of it. I love that it has the ability to layer on multiple sets of data with the same detail as Grow or Tableau, without the restricting price tag.

Cons:

Sometimes the API integrations are clunky. For Google Analytics where sites have a 100,000 views per day, the ability to use the custom queries becomes more limited. I would like to see improvements on the text formatting for that data block and the bar chart visualization. The data gets too tiny to read at certain points, no matter how big you make it on the screen.

Pratham
Mean Stack Developer in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

A fantastic tool for data gathering and visualisation

Comments: Although Databox is largely DIY, feel free to contact their help staff if you have any questions about configuring your data. They are quite beneficial. a simple way to compile, reliably display, and show all of my various marketing data in an understandable manner. We are attempting to gather all of our data from various sources and use Databox to show it in accordance with our needs.

Pros:

I like how simple the programme is to use and how simple my life is as a result. It works best for taking charge and anticipating success in the future. the reports that it generates in my view are fairly full as far as information is concerned, they have been extremely valuable to me to build and rethink methods that allow a quicker growth of my company's marketing. I also appreciate that your monthly or yearly subscription covers a lot of popular data sources. As a result, it's simple to get going quickly and demonstrate insights in a lovely user interface.

Cons:

The controls and some of the difficulties in aligning the time periods for the data, which are mostly due to the variety of the data sources, bothered me a little. The service advertises itself as a simple method for data analysis and reporting. The setup and administration are actually unreliable and hard to set up.

Shoaib
Data analyst in UK
Pharmaceuticals, 201–500 Employees

Fantastic data visualisation and analytics platform

Comments: For us databox has given us great visualisation on the data and creating reports from different sources such as Hubspot, bigcommerce, google analytics, search console, etc. All in one place to understand our metrics and create effective reports. Scheduling reports are very easy too and helpful

Pros:

-Great at calculating custom metrics or calculating one metric from two or more data connectors -Offers great pre-built templates to use -Excellent pricing and offers 3 hours free one on one training-great for creating goals and tracking goals

Cons:

-Learning curve-limitations on number of connectors you can have at a time (You have to pay extra for each connector after 10th)

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

best tool for recording statistical analytical data

Comments: my experience is very rich , Databox is great for small businesses trying to make a statement to investors or for anyone trying to make a presentation. It's also a great way to make data-driven decisions.

Pros:

This tool allows you to create data visualizations, see your key performance indicators (KPIs) at one time, and even make it easier to back up your statistical analytical data.

Cons:

nothing negative to note but I would rather say that this software is more advanced than any of the other analytics tools I've ever used.

Ray
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

World Class KPI Dashboards

Pros:

Amazingly powerful and rock solid up time.

Cons:

It does take a tech savvy designer to set up.

Juzni
CMO in Slovenia
Import & Export, 11–50 Employees

It's my first to open app every morning

Comments: Heard from a friend who is using Databox app in the company he works for (fortune 100 company). It was almost annoying seeing him checking his phone constantly. I downloaded it from App store the same day. On-boarding was a breeze and the next thing I was in the app with my Google Analytics, Facebook Ads and Stripe already connected. I was using it few days - it was just a beautiful app on my phone nothing more. But then I found they have desktop app - they call it Designer - where you can combine all metrics together. At that moment I was hooked. We have connected more than 10 data sources since then (database also) and we were able to put all important metrics in one place for everybody to see. I'm recommending this to everybody!

Pros:

I have access in one place to every important metrics I care. Just few clicks and I can change what I see on my phone and share with all my coworkers.

Cons:

It wasn't an instant "click" in my head what Databox can do for us. There are almost no guides or documentation. Default metrics they fetch were not useful for our business.

8 years ago

Thank you for your feedback.

CEO in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Full of promise, never delivered.

Comments: Meh.

Pros:

I used the software for two years and I liked the idea of the software, creating dashboards for easy review. If they had only worked.

Cons:

I never logged on without reconnecting one or all of my sites. Never. I was told the software was being upgraded, user error, weather (really) but it never was resolved. After two years of hoping it would be what I needed, it never was and I left. Also, as a warning, leaving is draconian. If you don't click the one hidden link to delete account, you will be charged and they will not provide a refund.

Katie
Slovenia
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Beautiful Mobile app, easy to get addicted to.

Comments: I signed up Databox only two months ago, but I've used the mobile app pretty much every day since. It's very easy to connect your cloud services and add the basic metrics, and it takes just a little bit of extra work to add more specific ones (like, in my case, custom funnel data from Mixpanel). I've also played around with connecting our SQL database to Databox - all these options are available even on the Free plan. I like it that you can put data from different datasources on the same visualization (e.g. steps in a funnel). The platform is quite powerful underneath, still lacking a little bit of self-help content as of now, but customer support was very helpful and I've set up just the dashboard that I've always wanted.

Pros:

Beautiful visualizations, the drag-and-drop interface of the Designer tool (where you set up your visualizations), the Scorecard feature

Cons:

All options are not very well documented

8 years ago

Thank you for reviewing Katie. We will try to add the things you mentioned.

Internet, 2–10 Employees

Beautiful and handy tool

Pros:

Easy to setup. They have a great iPhone app so can review all data on my phone. Every morning I receive an email on our business performance which is really helpful.

Cons:

So far I'm happy with the tool, no things I don't like.

Brock
CEO in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Best reporting software out there

Comments: great customer service.

Pros:

simple, easy to use and it integrates into slack which makes it easy to give automated reports to our clients

Cons:

no real cons, but it would be great if the custom equations were on the basic plan. Seems like something everyone should have access to especially given how much i'm paying. Something as simple as Cost Per Purchase is not available on the TikTok dashboard when it is clearly available on TikTok

Nathaniel
Nathaniel
Chief Strategist in UK

Beautiful Metrics & Reporting

Comments: Some of the team here can build marketing dashboards in Google Data Studio, but this can be time-consuming and most situations don't require the levels of customisation that GDS allows. Databox has allowed us to speed up the deployment of reporting dashboards and given the wider team access to this ability.

Pros:

The way that Databox has been built is all about speed and simplicity, with little or no knowledge in building dashboards and reporting functions you can set up beautiful looking reporting systems.

Cons:

There are some functions in the dashboard builder that still feel a little clunky, such as only being able to move an element once you've selected it and hovered over the move crosshair - but these are small UI points.

Matthew
Founder in Canada
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Amazing wall of data with great presentation options

Comments: easily view and break down complex data sources in minutes.

Pros:

Visually its the best I've seen (and I've seen a lot). The integrations are pretty flawless as far as setup goes. I had one small hickup but the team was on it and fixed. The phone app is great and you can even administer the phone data views separate to the desktop - that's awesome!

Cons:

The real-estate of datawalls is tricky. On one hand if you have three main chunks of data to look at they're great, but it you want to view more (like all the various metrics for a website traffic including conversions rates, etc) you run out of space due to the grid system. But it's not all bad.

Sarath
Sarath
Automation Test Engineer in India
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

“Beautiful web and Mobile app”

Pros:

Data box is a simple and good, Awesome designed web and mobile apps, good responsive for customer support,Very Important data stored in one place, easy to use.

Cons:

In my opinion data box software is best clean, easy to understanding and fastest

Siddhanta
Business Analyst in Luxembourg
Financial Services Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Helps a lot with my work

Pros:

I like that you don't need to be tech savvy to use Databox ,it is very easy to implement. It is great at visualizing results and helps me a lot with better understanding complex matters .

Cons:

They have a lot of pre-made templates .However to a larger part they look identical and I think you are better of creating your own structure .

Marc
Director of Marketing in US

Eye opening to the possibilities of centralizing multiple platforms' data sets

Comments: We've saved so much time centralizing and automating our multi-platform reporting, allowing us to spend more time analyzing results instead of pulling them.

Pros:

They're continually building out new connectors and features based off customer feedback so things move quickly in the direction you're looking for.

Cons:

It's still new and slightly buggy at times so it can be frustrating sometimes to build something out and not have it work 100% correctly. This is small stuff though since their support is amazing and the bugs are fixed quickly.