Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Omnisend

Ecommerce marketing automation for smart sales-driven marketers that have outgrown the generic email marketing platforms.

Learn more about Omnisend

Chetan A.
Chetan A.
  • Reviewed on 2021-07-04

"Best Email Marketing Software for our Ecommerce Brand!"

Comments: It was a nice experience with the Omnisend. We overall loved this tool for our automations and customer engagement.

Pros: Omnisend is the best email marketing tool for our fashion brand. We have used this tool a lot for our automations and campaigns, on a daily basis.

Cons: It's kind of a complete tool in the email marketing industry, and we loved this tool a lot.

Alternatives Considered: Drip and Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: It's the right tool for the email marketing as other tools, as we are on shopify.

Switched From: Klaviyo and Sendlane

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: It's the best as compared to other tools, and has the same functionalities.

• Reviewed on 2021-07-04
Demand Planner
Construction, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-09-22

"Awesome for communications"

Comments: Omnisend has been a great and easy experience from beginning to end.

Pros: This is a really easy platform to use for sending out mass emails. We used it for internal company communications and it was convenient to set up different audiences to send emails to depending on the subject. The emails are very customizable too.

Cons: The only thing I would choose to improve is the "preview" feature. A lot of the times the preview didn't look exactly like the actual email on my browser (some of the word spacing would be off, pictures slightly different sizes, etc.). Not a big deal but a little annoying.

• Reviewed on 2021-09-22
John B.
Consumer Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-02

"Promising, but still a lot of work to do."

Comments: Meh is the best way to describe it. I'm using a number of the features but do not have confidence I'm using it correctly or well. Getting support in a timely and sufficent manner is abysmal at best. Chat doesn't cut it for the depth of insight I'm looking for. Not nearly as resposonsive or interactice as it can and should be.

Pros: The apps integration with Shopify is what appealed most to me, and it appears to be fairly full featured. I was transitioning from MailChimp and needed a solution that offered turnkey engagment tools i.e. pop-up, automation workflows and email.

Cons: Frankly, it's not nearly as intuitive as it should be, not the tools of the help system.

Filippo D.
Filippo D.
Principal Software Engineer
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-03

"Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only"

Pros: Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it. The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons: The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future. To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

Alternatives Considered: AWeber

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: MailChimp stopped supporting Shopify. I did not love Mailchimp anyway, the templating is awfull.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: The ratio between Feature/Cost is advantageous

by Omnisend on 2020-07-22

Hi Filippo!
Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application.
After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those contacts, among others, will help you trigger different flows.
For example, you may set up the Segment of the contacts having Subscribed status and not having the opt-in date field (that is assigned after subscribing to the Signup form) and use it in the Segment entry-based flow. In that case, any new contact subscribing at the checkout page will get the intended message.

Please, check this instruction (https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/2398171-contact-enters-exits-a-segment-automation ) and reach out to our Support Team for assistance via [email protected]

Irina T.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-06

"The best alternative to all the higher priced softwares"

Comments: I swear to my queen Omnisend. ­čśŁ­čĄú but really, I would recommend this to anyone in the e-commerce space. ItÔÇÖs even better than klaviyo and I thought klaviyo was ALL THAT.

Pros: THE PRICE! Are you kidding me?! Compared to mailchimp this is pennies. I couldnÔÇÖt belive I had been spending so much. Such a great team, reply quickly etc.

Cons: The send limits in the beginning but itÔÇÖs not the worst thing in the world and it actually does your account very good to ensure you donÔÇÖt go to spam. ItÔÇÖs just annoying

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo, Mailchimp and Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: PRIIIIIIICE!

Switched From: Klaviyo, Mailchimp and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Initially Price, but now I love all the features, ease of their UI and support team.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-06
Nate P.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-04

"seamless marketing platform with Affordable pricing"

Comments: Great experience and enjoy the consistent and reliable automated email marketing that frees up my time

Pros: The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.

Cons: The email templates that you build do not always look the same when you open them on mobile devices. Specifically, I noticed the mail app on Apple Iphone's do not display the email in the same way that the gmail app would display it.

Alternatives Considered: ClickFunnels and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost.

Switched From: Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost. The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.

Jess L.
Editor-In-Chief
Photography, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-07

"OmniSend, is a god send!"

Pros: There is a lot that OmniSend does extremely well, we used to use Klaviyo in the past and it was an absolute nightmare, the interface was disgusting and so clunky to use. When we swapped to OmniSend, we honestly will never go back to anything else. OmniSend's interface and ease of use are insane for the price that you pay. Would 100% recommend it to any of my colleagues and continually do!

Cons: As a company with a very strong focus on how things look, there are a few design additions I think that could be added, along with some pre-created templates that are filled with content. Something similar to how MailChimp does it? Just a suggestion!

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Previous product was clunky and had a horrible interface.

Switched From: Klaviyo

Fraser N.
Fraser N.
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-22

"Good email service for shopify sites"

Comments: Once a template is established it makes running a newsletter easier than some competitors - very quick and easy to send out and was a better choice than Mailchimp for an ecommerce brand

Pros: It makes good looking emails very quickly and integrates well with Shopify. Support is also very quick and helpful

Cons: It does not have very good selection of optin forms and the formatting available is quite poor so this could definitely be improved

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Mailchimp stopped their Spotify integration

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Klaviyo were very uninterested in engaging with me because we started with a small list

• Reviewed on 2019-12-22
Mary M.
Marketing Director
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees

"Great all-in-one app"

Pros: I love the Live View so that I can see which products are being removed from the cart most often. I also love how easy it is to set up my marketing automations. Super user-friendly!

Cons: I wish it would allow you to create a custom e-mail template that you can use to create future campaigns. I end up having to start from scratch every time.

Alternatives Considered: Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Mailchimp was no longer affiliated with Shopify

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: The ease of transferring everything over from Mailchimp.

Cassidy C.
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-03

"PERFECT for my boutique!!"

Comments: Awesome app, awesome features! SO glad I made the switch.

Pros: This is such a user friendly platform. I love how I can connect the app right to my shopify site and it makes generating emails SO easy. The live view on the app is also intriguing to watch. I have several automation set up through Omnisend and I have never had any issues with them!

Cons: I haven't really ran into any issues yet! I am getting into more custom work, so hopefully it will be pretty simple to insert some pieces created in Illustrator right to Omnisend.

David B.
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-18

"Great for newbies and experienced marketers alike"

Comments: We've been able to increase our sales massively over the past year with omnisend it's automation and ability to send series of emails to catch customers eyes is top notch and extremely valuable. We look forward to see how much more the software can help us over the next year!

Pros: The software is one of the easiest to use as a 'newbie' into the world of ecommerce and wanting to connect with customers at the right time for them to spend their money with us. Omisend has such a wide range of tools it's enabled us to remove several other apps and save time by having all the tools in one place. It has also enabled us to increase our revenue which is a massive plus!

Cons: I think the lack of facebook integration to help create adverts that appeal to our customer client base and get them in front of the right people.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-18
Simon J.
Head of Ecommerce
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-04

"Great replacement for Mailchimp"

Comments: We started using Omnisend as a replacement for Mailchimp once the Mailchimp app was no longer supported in Shopify. The switch was effortless and set up very simple. So far, segmenting our audience, designing emails and creating automations has all gone very smoothly and I never wish we still used Mailchimp. That said I think the mobile specific design options could be greatly improved - but Mailchimp was weak in that area too!

Pros: Drag and drop design functions very well. Segmenting is easy.

Cons: I'd like a few more standard design options and I think specific design options for how emails will appear in mobile would be a good improvement.

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Old ESP integration no longer supported in Shopify

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Price initially.

Karen C.
Karen C.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-05-11

"Love Omnisend"

Pros: Better deal for email marketing than most companies. Very easy to use

Cons: Expensive to upgrade :( Each time we have to go up in plans, it costs a fortune. Seems to be the case with most though.

• Reviewed on 2021-05-11
Fahad T.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-02

"From Mail Chimp to Omnisend"

Comments: Satisfying

Pros: Being a Mail Chimp user it self is satisfying marketing experience and does not need to change. But using Omnisend I have realized how convenient and comfortable it can be to market your product & implement customer equalization strategies & for that reason I am completely satisfied with Omnisend.

Cons: looking for how many new subscribers numbers is a bit of hassle may be will improve with time.

Crystal F.
Love Omnisend
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-12-11

"Love Omnisend"

Comments: Omnisend has helped my business tremendously. It has allowed me to automate some processes, which saves me time with my business. The cost is very affordable.

Pros: I really like how easy it is to use. I am able to set up monthly newsletters without any issues. This has helped my business with customer retention

Cons: There isn't anything I dislike about Omnisend. I switched from another company to this one, and I am happy.

• Reviewed on 2019-12-11
Andrew B.
Webmaster
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-03

"Excellent Marketing and Automation Application"

Comments: We're able to automate customer emails (post-order) with product specific detailed information.

Pros: automation email features and ability to customize order confirmation emails based on rules to avoid what was a manual process previously.
robust all-in-one app that includes campaigns, forms and contact storage

Cons: wish the preset templates in the email campaigns were more robust.

Ryan B.

"So far so good"

Comments: So far so good, I haven't had any issues or complaints. Seems to be working great!

Pros: The automation that we setup for our sample clients. We send an email 10 days after purchase to follow up on their sample.

Cons: Not sure, haven't used it for much more than that.

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: The cost

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Cost and features

Katie F.
Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-06

"Great Email Campaign service"

Comments: I love it. I use Shopify so its super easy to pull things from my store as well as the interface is very intuitive and doesn't need a whole lot of time to figure out how to use. I have peace of mind knowing I have an email campaign and analytics to tell me how each campaign is performing.

Pros: It is easy to use and gives you many pieces of content to add to email campaigns, workflows and forms. Super easy to edit and add images and templates for future use. Very user friendly and beautiful UI to work in.

Cons: Might want a few more options when it comes to layout ideas as well as content to drag into an email body. Also could use some blog inspiration that could be sent out weekly/ monthly to give users ideas on the many different ways they can use the service.

Lucas D.
Founder & CEO
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019-08-05

"This is great!"

Pros: The design and speed of the platform itself. Other web-based e-mail managers are bulky and slow.

Cons: The fact that there isn't location-based pricing; for instance, I own a store that's based in Brazil and have to pay in dollars, which means the overall cost of the platform goes up by about 4x as per current exchange rates and taxes attached to purchasing foreign currency.

• Reviewed on 2019-08-05
Jordan G.
Jordan G.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-16

"Omnisend is a clear winner for us"

Comments: Overall it's been a pretty solid one.

Pros: I really like that omnisend is so easy to get up and start using and not to mention it's also so much cheaper than it's alternatives.

Cons: If anything their platform is a bit newer so integrations are not as plentiful compared to others.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Cheaper

• Reviewed on 2020-12-16
Senior Marketer
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-08-16

"Great tool to drive more sales"

Comments: We're easily driving more revenue with existing customer base, mainly because of using Omnisend and the right strategy.

Pros: Easy to get started and full stack functionalities for ecommerce business

Cons: The design is very intuitive and easy to use, however the graphic design might be better.

• Reviewed on 2018-08-16
Connor L.
Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2018-10-19

"Instant Social Growth"

Comments: Www.instantsocialgrowth.com collected thousands of leads and processed hundreds of purchases and sent out free purchase email sequences for all of them without spending a cent. Will upgrade to paid plan soon for better forms and abandoned cart sequence.

Pros: Easy to setup and use, multi-functionality even with the free version.

Cons: Haven't had any issues, great product, have recommended it to many clients and installed it on every shopify store I work on.

• Reviewed on 2018-10-19
Rick R.
CIO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

"Omnisend"

Comments: Pretty easy to manage.

Pros: Easy to use, simple to integrate with Optimonk popup system. Tracking is good and the fact we can use triggers at any stage in the buying process and after sales setup is profitable. Integrated newsletter setup is a bonus. So is the abandoned cart feature set. We don't need to rely on another plugin or app to get that functionality. Finally, the Facebook Messenger integration is a no brainer!

Cons: Some issues with Shopify integration when our theme is already heavily customised. No biggie, just took a bit of extra programming to get working...

Lekhinee D.
  • Reviewed on 2018-11-30

"Omnisend review"

Comments: I would say it was perfect. It was a dozen times simpler than mailchimp and that's what i love abot this. own an e commerce website and handle everything single handedly so i do not have much time to spend on making emails. Omnisend is perfect- Helps me get expert quality of work done in half the time!

Pros: I love the ease of workflow. I have used Mailchimp but its too complicated and doesn't have the functionality that you provide in the free version like product addition from the website. I think the website segmentation of customers for emailers is also extremely helpful. No need to create a different excel sheet everytime you want to target a particular customer segment.

Cons: I think you could do better with providing more automation functions in the free plan like mailchimp does. There is limited scope to run automations on a free plan. A small business like mine currently can't afford to many marketing overheads.

• Reviewed on 2018-11-30
Channel H.
Business Owner
Retail, Self Employed

"Ominsend Review"

Comments: So far it's been really good and I like it overall

Pros: I like how it's easy to set up and I like the workflows

Cons: I wish it was easier to customize the display of the emails