About Omnisend

Omnisend’s all-in-one email marketing & SMS tool is used by 80k+ ecommerce businesses who are driving sales on autopilot.

Learn more about Omnisend

Pros:

Easy migrating from Mailchimp. Easy to use interface, and great customer service.

Cons:

The moving target with monthly fees is a bit frustrating.

Omnisend ratings

4.6
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Omnisend has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 666 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Omnisend before?

Amandine
Creator & CEO in France
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Amazing, beginner-friendly email marketing software with great customer support

5.0 last week New

Comments: Awesome! Great, friendly and quick customer support, easy to use pre-made automations and templates, free course to get started, useful contacts and segment lists. I wouldn't use any other software for my email marketing!

Pros:

I am a small business and I knew how important email marketing was. However, I struggled to understand how to implement it - how to create segments, how to send out relevant emails for my target audience, how to create automations, etc. It's has truly been so easy with Omnisend! First of all, they have a free course to get you started on their software and set up your first automations (welcome, abandoned cart). This course was very helpful. They have pre-made automations which was super useful for a beginner like me. I connected Omnisend to my website and with the right set up, I now have all my contacts put in segments that are relevant to their purchases and interests, which is great to send them THE email that will make them buy my products. Bonus points for their team, who is always super quick to respond to any questions you may have and is very friendly!

Cons:

The only thing that I don't really care for is email templates, but it's probably because I'm a Webdesigner and I'm used to creating my own. However, you can save pre-made layouts so that's the way I do it to gain some time when I create my emails. Their automatic branding tool could be better honestly, but it's not the main aspect of the software so I don't really care that much.

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: MailerLite: not enough options, not professional enough.Mailchimp: too complicated to understand, set up and use as a beginner.

Switched From: MailerLite and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Price and overall feeling of the brand. Omnisend seemed easier to use and their team answered my questions right away before I started using their software.

Director in Slovenia
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Omnisend review

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experiance is very good. I would recomende the product to other people or should i say i already did. We are currently running 4 websites on it and we will be doing more. So in my book they have a loyal customer. And yes we have tried others.

Pros:

Price for performance doesn't come close to anyone. I think it is right there with Klaviyo but it is a lot cheaper. So that would be the part. Also i ti quite simple to use and to set up. The support is also very responsive but somethimes they don't have all ther right answers. But nevertheles they are there to help.

Cons:

My least favorite feature is that i can't search by phone number in the contacts but you have to create a segment. I think the search needs a little work.

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Mailchimp is really awfull. I can't bare it.

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Best price/ performance

Ellie
Sr Digital Marketing Specialist in US
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees

Personalized Support & Ease of Use

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall we have been very happy with our decision to switch to Omnisend. It gives us the ability to measure success of our campaigns and automations, create forms, and manage our contacts within one single platform. They are open to feedback and make platform changes accordingly.

Pros:

Our account manager is very reliable, responsive, and helpful. Client Support is also very useful when needed. The platform overall is intuitive and easy to use. Omnisend is always seeking feedback and implementing changes to improve the platform, which I very much appreciate!

Cons:

There are some reporting opportunities that could increase efficiency in evaluating metrics. Small features within the platform could be improved upon for a better UX, such as editing a campaign or sending a test email once it's been scheduled, scheduling automations in advance, and customizability of the new email builder.

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Personica was not able to integrate with Shopify and properly track sales.

Switched From: Personica

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Ease of use, pricing, platform navigation.

Heather
Retail, Self Employed

Omnisend is great! Highly recommend!

Comments: Omnisend has been great! I have friends trying to get me to switch to their provider all the time but they haven't used Omnisend and I'm hesitant to move anywhere when it's so easy to use and the customer service is so great. If it's not broken, don't fix it - right?!

Pros:

The process of moving my emails over in the beginning was seamless. I love the copy feature so I'm not making a new email each week. I can just replace the content with relevant content to my new email campaign. Customer service is always very helpful and available through chat instead of waiting for an email that might not even answer the question I have (that's why I switched from my old provider).

Cons:

The only issue I ever had was trying to type inside the content box, but they have since fixed that so it's no longer an issue.

Design, Self Employed

You're in for some billing surprises...

Pros:

The software itself is really intuitive and useful. I enjoyed it very much.

Cons:

This billing issue has really soured my feeling about this company. The monthly price that they show on their account page is wrong. They changed pricing over the years that I have been with them - which is absolutely fine. What isn't okay, however, is that where the pricing is shown on the account page is calculated completely wrong. That means, their website was showing that I would be billed $540 per month, and when the bill came in, it was $690. It's very upsetting to not know what to expect. I reached out to omnisend about this and spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], but they showed me their pricing page, which still has a different number ($640). Their own team couldn't figure out what I should have been paying! Now they are not taking responsibility for updating their own website to match the real bill. If you value knowing how much something costs every month and transparency, I would not go with this company.

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo and Drip

Andrea
Owner/Designer in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Good App - lots of options, good support & easy to set up

Pros:

I love the live view of the software & find it captures much more data than I ever did on MailChimp as to who has clicked through & actions taken. The abandoned cart in particular is way more effective than mailchimp ever waas. After years of having a social media company manage my newsletter, I moved to ominsend when MailChimp stopped working with Shopify. I was able to manage the migration myself and support was excellent, from simple questions too difficult set up's questions. I like the many options for follow up drip series of follow-ups, abandoned carts, re-engaging customers. Love the gift box (although I do wish redirect/answer didn't go to a non-secure link as this comes up on my antivirus every time) & scratch & win. The base price of this app is reasonable and offers a lot of options included with it.

Cons:

I love that this app has pop up's built-in but I wish they were more customizable to my theme. The wheel for example doesn't go with my color scheme so I haven't been using it. I have been trying to build a pop up exit offer to link to a quiz but can't get it to look right or work. I have tried several but have never put any into use as they either don't match my colour theme or I can't get them to do look how I want. I would like to see an overall metric that shows growth of my entire list instead of giving stats by each catagory such as automation, campaigns etc. While this info is great I would like to see the overall list growth as an additional stat as I watch the size of my list growth each week. The base price is reasonable but the next step up is a huge leap. I tried the upper price option for a month but found I wasn't making progress with the sms & messenger portion. It costs so much more I downgraded as it isn't affordable to test out. The ala carte add on's for these are way to expensive to acutally use (a person may as well just upgrade). I would like to see these options a bit more affordable as they take some time to build & start seeing results. There are apps that do messenging, sms & text at no charge or minimal/month & while I prefer to have everything under one app I would go with a less expensive due to the big leap in price. Would like to see loyalty program integrated

Hilik
Marketing Agency Owner in US

A whole in one - best email marketing solution for agencies and ecommerce

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent.

Pros:

The customer support is excellent. The product itself is user-friendly and easy to use.The automation and segmentation options are advanced and provide great solutions for effective marketing.

Cons:

Compared to other software, I'm all satisfied and have no issues.

Alternatives Considered: Constant Contact, Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: The other software did not have the same features, automation options, and personal support as I have with Omnisend.

Switched From: Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: I needed an ecommerce platform and also one that can support me as an agency with multiple customers from different industries.Omnisend had the best offer and the features were completing my needs. The intro meeting and demo answered all my questions positively.

Diana
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

Is Omnisend right for you?

Comments: Omnisend has made my email marketing automated so I spend less time on the emails.

Pros:

I have been using several email campaign providers for the past 10 years yet none have had the best customer service, a simple set up and amazing templates that you can customize. As a newbie to the software it can be intimidating but the youtube videos are so helpful. If you get stuck Omnisend has great customer service very polite and they respond very quickly. It was also easy to set up. I had to use an API to transfer my information to Omnisend so I just followed the directions. The Omnisend directions give you print screens so it makes it that much easier to follow. Lastly, Omnisend has easy to use templates just drag and drop. Thank you, creators, of Omnisend for taking the time to hear what the email marketers need!

Cons:

This software is easy to use and can feel that you are doing something wrong. Also if you need major tech support they do take a day to answer and that can be stressful if you need them as soon as possible.

Filippo
Filippo
Principal Software Engineer in UK
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy newsletter for shopify customers and not only

Pros:

Omnisend allows you to define complex automatic communication workflow with different channels: email, SMS, push, facebook, you name it. The template editing is not the best, but still quite powerful and intuitive.

Cons:

The signup workflow from Shopify works only for customers signed up via the form, not for customers that signed up during an order. This cause quite a lot of friction, I hope they will add the order as a trigger in the future. To use the more advanced channels like SMS, push notification and Facebook messages, you need to pay a more expensive plan. For a small business, it may be not possible.

Alternatives Considered: AWeber

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: MailChimp stopped supporting Shopify. I did not love Mailchimp anyway, the templating is awfull.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: The ratio between Feature/Cost is advantageous

Omnisend Response

2 years ago

Hi Filippo! Thank you so much for leaving such an unbiased and detailed feedback for our application. After reading your comment, we wanted to reach out with some clarification on your last comment. We indeed don't have a built-in solution for triggering the Welcome automation when subscribing to the check-out page. But, we may offer a workaround when defining the properties that distinguish those contacts, among others, will help you trigger different flows. For example, you may set up the Segment of the contacts having Subscribed status and not having the opt-in date field (that is assigned after subscribing to the Signup form) and use it in the Segment entry-based flow. In that case, any new contact subscribing at the checkout page will get the intended message. Please, check this instruction (https://support.omnisend.com/en/articles/2398171-contact-enters-exits-a-segment-automation ) and reach out to our Support Team for assistance via [email protected]

Nikola
Founder in Serbia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Definitely Recommend Omnisend

Comments: Overall - A++. I considered migrating to some other platforms like Drip, but the team at Omnisend is so helpful and responsive that I would never switch. I really feel that I have been growing with a small company that I am by now a part of.

Pros:

The product is easy to use and set up. What I would most recommend is the excellent customer service, that I cannot compliment enough. The team is very helpful and has been with me through all issues over the years.

Cons:

The reports could be done better. I would like it if they were customisable, and some features are lacking for no apparent reason. For example, when reporting on Campaigns, you can see the amount of sales generated through Omnisend Campaigns and the average order value, but not the amount of orders. Conversely, when looking at the same report for Workflows, you can see the amount of orders. The UI could also be done better, as I feel there is a lot of wasted space that makes things harder to read / see than they should be.

Alternatives Considered: Drip and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: It was easier to set up.

Tanya
Founder in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Big fan of Omnisend

Comments: We've been really happy with Omnisend for the last number of years and will continue to use the app in our marketing activities.

Pros:

Omnisend is a powerful tool that's easy to use, offers customizable features, and exceptional analytics.

Cons:

We had some issues when converting from old builder to new builder but it turned out to be a simple user error and customer service helped us right away.

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Omnisend is more powerful and easier to use.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Omnisend is more powerful and easier to use.

Nuno
Owner in Portugal
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Omnisend Competes with big names at a more affordable price

Comments: Omnisend was an angel from the sky. It helped me to create great abandoned cart emails and flows. Its intelligence allowed me to create with easiness A/B tests to rapidly find the best sequence to use. My revenue from email sky rocked, not only recovering abandoned carts but also when broadcasting content emails

Pros:

Omnisend has a lot of features. Flow automation for me was is one of the best in the market, you can do almost everything with it. It is a powerful tool for abandoned cart recovery, but also to do cross-sells! It integrates perfectly with Shopify and it only charges you for your active users (the ones that really subscribed to the mailing list and not all your store clients)

Cons:

I found it a little bit difficult to work with forms, landing pages, and the email editor. IT is not very easy to work with them and options that are available for forms are a little bit limited. Also, there are some limitations when working and creating customer segments

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: To be true it main reason was the pricing and the fact how Omnisend billed my account.

Nate
Director of Operations in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

seamless marketing platform with Affordable pricing

Comments: Great experience and enjoy the consistent and reliable automated email marketing that frees up my time

Pros:

Cons:

The email templates that you build do not always look the same when you open them on mobile devices. Specifically, I noticed the mail app on Apple Iphone's do not display the email in the same way that the gmail app would display it.

Alternatives Considered: ClickFunnels and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost.

Switched From: Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Omnisend's features are superior in quality and cost. The seamless experience and its simplicity in the to design and automate email campaigns, and forms.

Mary Elizabeth
COO in Canada
Alternative Medicine, 11-50 Employees

Loving Omnisend

Comments: Omnisend customer support is very responsive and helpful. Overall I really love this product and would recommend it to other businesses.

Pros:

I love that we can create newsletters well in advance and automate them to go out. I also love the automation flows and the wonderful robust reporting. This product really has been helpful for growing our business!

Cons:

The new builder has issues that the old one never did. You can't put a background on your email, the movement of blocks is strange and not always effective, the product linking is both a good thing and a bad thing.

Jr
CEO in US

Great product for scaling brands

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It has always been great my clients see results and we can report on metrics.

Pros:

It is a great product and a fantastic alternative to more expensive platorms.

Cons:

The editor tool can sometimes feel very constrained but it gets the job done.

Alternatives Considered: MailerLite and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Klaviyo removed the clients brand because of the product they sell for no reason even though competitors sell the same product.

Switched From: Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Omnisend offers more scalability in my experience

Kimberly
Entrepreneur in Singapore

Omnisend - A good alternative to Mailchimp

Comments: Our small business has been a paid user of Omnisend for 2 years now and I really love how everything works well and get our mailers and abandoned cart emails delivered to customers' inboxes on time!

Pros:

I like that the staff are very prompt and attentive to our inquiries and that the email automation actually works (not being categorised as 'spam' by email providers) with reports of opening and clicking rate.

Cons:

I wish there was a one-click button option for us to request for installation or integration of the Omnisend mailers with our website as it is quite frustrating to have to manually request in the chat system everytime we change our site template. Apart from that, I think it would be good if the automation form could auto-generate a promo code everytime a customers registers a valid email address with us so customers do not have to wait for the email containing the discount to purchase with us.

Jonathan
Director in UK

Why You Should Consider Omnisend

Comments: Omnisend lets us build our email marketing lists, automate email communications and easily design newsletters, it works very well with Shopify and while prices have increased recently it still represents good value

Pros:

Great list and email design management at a price that is more than competitive compared to some of the other big players in this area. The customer service is also very good

Cons:

WE have 3 ecommerce stores in different territories - when creating automations and emails it should be easier to copy existing flows and templates from one store account to another - it often feels like this was forgotten in the original build of the software. THe ability add short videos into emails would be good to

William
President in US
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

Best priced email campaign service

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I much prefer this over apps like Mailchimp and Constant Contact, both of which were much more expensive for the services I require

Pros:

I switched over from Mailchimp to Omnisend because of the price. It turns out, Omnisend's UI and email designer is much more my taste and preference. Very clean and easy-to-use drag and drop method for adding content into emails.

Cons:

I haven't been able to utilize every feature in my plan yet because automations and subsets do get a bit confusing. But that's just me in general with this stuff.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Mainly, pricing. Our email list audience size has grown but we are in an awkward area where it's not enough to justify a big audience jump in plans. Omnisend has more audience size tailoring that can fit to the monthly price. This is crucial for small businesses.

Switched From: Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Mainly pricing. As we got to play around with Omnisend more, it was definitely the UI as well.

Dan
Head of E-Commerce in UK
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Excellent

5.0 last week New

Comments: Everything Klaviyo has to offer only with better support, don't overlook Omnisend!

Pros:

Great Shopify integration, easy to use template builder, pre-built automations and competitive pricing.

Cons:

The forms could do with some optimisation, lazy loading for images etc. 2 step forms would also be a bonus, but check out the Digioh integration which solves this problem.

Alternatives Considered: MailerLite and Dotdigital

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: Pricing, support, features

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Pricing, support, features

LaTresha
CEO in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Great App

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: So far it's been very positive, the customer service team rocks!

Pros:

Helps me easily reach my customers in each step of their purchasing journey.

Cons:

Integrating certain software, creating segments

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: A more robust system.

Switched From: Mailchimp Transactional Email

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Klaviyo was too complicated.

Colin
Commercial Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Surprised at the difference certain features have made

Comments: I use the product every week and it has proved to be a valuable marketing tool which has helped generate revenue

Pros:

Until recently I had not tried the email list sign up options... within 1 month using the wheel of fortune automation my mailing list has grown by 30%

Cons:

I'd like access to master classes to help me build my ability to use the various features. Or have one to one support to help me build campaigns the way I have it in my mind.

Alternatives Considered: Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: In this instance the costs were better and we liked the automation features

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: Had the features we wanted at a price our small business could afford

Justin
Founder in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Not Bad... I like some of it, but they raised priced significantly this past year....

Comments: so, so... again as I have stated, I am ok with a price increase from companies as I realize companies need to improve margins and top-line sales revenue, but as a customer of theirs for nearly 2 years and glowing recommendations to my friends/ colleagues in the industry... I no longer recommend the product as you can get more value for your dollar for what they now charge. But for me at this time, their hooks are in tight at this point, so Im stuck for the moment but will be looking for a new platform to switch to soon unless they reduce their price which I know they wont AND/ OR improve the value for what I am now having to spend.

Pros:

Not Bad... I like the product and have been using it for 2 1/2 years - and I signed up originally because the price was great, but now, I don't love the platform for the price they now charge. The company raised the price significantly this past year... when I say significantly, I mean close to 400% -- and nothing really really changed for the price increase. I would have switched platforms actually because I don't like the following features, or lack thereof for the price they now charge: - Lack of themes like pre-built Black Friday, Holiday, Cyber Monday, etc themes - You have to re-fill in your social media information each/ every time you send a new email campaign - Email templates they do have are somewhat dated, and are not fresh/ modern

Erika
Marketing Manager in US

Great email platform! Would recommend

Pros:

It is very easy to use and I am able to drag and drop different sections into my email which allows for easy customization. I can easy duplicate previous emails to keep the template that I have used in the past. There are also new templates that I can choose from if I am stuck. Good price for everything that it offers and it links to my website.

Cons:

being able to disable the SMS part for a slight discount and being able to sort contacts easier.

Alternatives Considered: WordPress

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: This product seemed easier to use and allowed me to have more contacts in the system.

Chetan
Chetan
Director in India
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Best Email Marketing Software for our Ecommerce Brand!

Comments: It was a nice experience with the Omnisend. We overall loved this tool for our automations and customer engagement.

Pros:

Omnisend is the best email marketing tool for our fashion brand. We have used this tool a lot for our automations and campaigns, on a daily basis.

Cons:

It's kind of a complete tool in the email marketing industry, and we loved this tool a lot.

Alternatives Considered: Klaviyo and Drip

Reasons for Choosing Omnisend: It's the right tool for the email marketing as other tools, as we are on shopify.

Switched From: Klaviyo and Sendlane

Reasons for Switching to Omnisend: It's the best as compared to other tools, and has the same functionalities.

Shubhanshu
Senior Visual Designer in India
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Omnisend has AMAZING potential and they hear you

Comments: I like whatever I've experienced and look forward to whatever the omnisend team is building towards.

Pros:

It's relatively good and easy-to-use software. It'll handle all your basic email/sms marketing needs and maybe more. They're growing and evolving as we speak - like literally, they've added a new email builder and a new form builder in the last couple of months. They take feedback quite seriously. THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. They've got some amazing people behind the chatbox who go out of their way to resolve any and all of your queries. PS. The new email builder is an amazing improvement over the last one. It provides you with way more control over your email - it still has space for more improvement.

Cons:

A lot of things are missing at the moment. Since they switched to a new email builder, they lack the ability to edit your templates (built on the new system) after you've saved them. The forms from the old form builder are still a little volatile - for eg. we've had some major scaling issues on the website where the form wouldn't scale with the screen size. I personally design 60-70% of my emails in another software and import the images to omnisend; I would prefer more control over the layout and visuals as a designer.