Ed-admin Reviews

4.8 (8) Write a Review!

About Ed-admin

Ed-admin is a browser-based education management software for all types of educational institutions

Learn more about Ed-admin

Pros:

Not Available

Cons:

Not Available

Ed-admin ratings

4.4
4.5
4.9
4.7

9.8/10

Ed-admin has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 8 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Ed-admin before?

Martin
Martin
IT Manager in South Africa

PNPS Admin gives his thumbs up to Edana

Comments: Easy to navigate once you have had your training and support is also a message away if you forgot a few steps etc. This definitely made our Administration work a lot easier

Pros:

The Security features where not everyone needs everything you only enable what is relevant to that staff member. Made the teachers lives easier with attendance records and reporting systems.

Cons:

It took us a while to use all features, some were more difficult to understand than other's but in the 3+ years that we have been using Edana the Upgrades has really been positive

Robert
Head of IT and Network Manager in Uganda
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Why you should serously consider using EdAdmin

Comments: For the 10+ years I have used EdAdmin, I found that the support was superb. They listen to my concerns and needs and where possible, they resolve those without charging but also when there is a need to work with a consultant, the turnaround time is quick. Secondly, EdAdmin gives you as an Admin a whole range of tools you can use to make simple but meaningful changes to how the system works for you. Most MIS do not give you the freedom to make even minor changes without contacting them. I have also grown and evolved with the system and find it very relevant to today's educational needs.

Pros:

When we first enrolled to use EdAdmin, we received extensive training and guidance on how to set it up, In fact someone was sent over to help us with that and since then we have enjoyed a great relationship with the organisation regarding support but also in terms of financing. They listen to us and offer amazing discounts. One of the things I like most about EdAdmin is first it is really easy to use and get around but mostly it is fully integrated and as such from one module you can literally reach any part of the system, for example to get to the timetables you do not need to go to the timetable, you can reach there by selecting a student and you will see all that information. I also quite like the numerous reports one is able to generate from any module and the ability to export and import data which is very much simplified. Also you will find that EdAdmin can work with you to customise the system to the prefered colours.

Cons:

One of the things that sometimes bothers me is that it can be overwhelming. Sometimes I wish it was simpler but we get all of it and for one who is not used to MIS, you may find that the system overloads you. The other concern I have is some of the information may be hard to change without contacting developing. I wish I was able to fully customise it to my very specific needs.

Jonathon
Head of pedagogical in South Africa
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Ed-admin a 1st class experience

Comments: I have been using the software for over 4 years. Always been easy use.Simple straightforward.Very wide functionality which I like because when we tried to use other software's we found problems trying to integrate it with others due to minimal functionality

Pros:

Ease of use ,reliability.Multi functionality.Covers all aspects of education admin etc.

Cons:

Little bit of a basic graphic look to it.But thats not what counts when you need practical solitions

Anthony
Teacher in Kenya

Ed- Admin A Very Vital System for Any School

Comments: Collaboration between teachers and parents managing the academic performance of their children has been made possible and the experience is wonderful each individual feeling responsible for the final outcomes.

Pros:

1. The Academic module has enabled easy tracking of all student performance and advised on the kind of support to offer to our students through the generation of reports of this data. 2. The system is easy to use and navigate once one has mastered the basics. 3. Tracking the student attendance has helped the various departments do the right projections on food required by the school and also project the financial stability of the school. 4. Class scheduling has made it easy for generation of timetables. 5. Parents accessing their children's performance has made the collaboration of the school with them to be wow!

Cons:

1. It is usually difficult to use at first but once one masters the basics, everything becomes simplified.

Administrative Assistant in Kenya

Why Ed-Admin is Important in Education Management

Comments: The software has enabled the following to possible; -Tracking the number of students in the school has been easy because of the daily attendance taking enables by the software.
- Tracking attrition centrally by marking those that have left the school and past and hence to generate a report of the same
- Managing the student performance both by teachers and parents through the provision of the same platform where both can interact
- Managing parents and student records

Pros:

1. The software colors (Yellow and Blue) are eye-friendly and this increases the ease of navigation 2. The software is a true source of parents and student records as long as the right information is input 3. Tracking student attendance is easier 4. Allows student photos to be uploaded and hence one can easily trace a student if need be 5. Helps finance in sending out bulk emails 6. Report card generation is efficient

Cons:

- One needs a substantial amount of time to learn how to use and navigate the software especially if one is totally new to it. - If wrong data is input, then wrong reports will be generated. One has to be careful. Same principle of garbage in garbage out.

Andrea
Director of Clubs and Culture / Ed-admin DB manager in South Africa

Ed-admin Education Management Software Review

Comments: Our entire organisation is reliant on Ed-admin. It is an excellent product that must rival the best in the industry worldwide.

Pros:

Intuitive and easy to use this integrated school management software is the best. So much information is available using the extensive array of report formats. The ability to upload data from spreadsheets, or download into spreadsheets, adds to the flexibility of the product. Support is excellent and is provided by knowledgeable and friendly consultants.

Cons:

Customisation can take time and is sometimes costly.

Teresa
Personal assistant in South Africa

Impressive

Comments: I have had many dealings with them, and they are supportive, friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Pros:

I found it very user friendly and very adaptable.

Cons:

I had very bad training when we purchased the software. Was a bad start for me but I am getting there with the support offered.

Samuel
School Nurse in Kenya

Student Health Records Management with Ed-admin

Comments: Ed-admin has improved the well-being of the student population by monitoring their health through proper record keeping.

Pros:

1. Having student medical information stored in one place (Ed-admin) is just one of the best aspects that makes my work a lot easier and efficient. 2. Easy to navigate 3. I can download the medical records whenever I need them physically

Cons:

1. Feels difficult to learn at the beginning but it gets comfortable with time 2. If wrong records are uploaded to the system can be detrimental to administering treatment to a student