• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About Jell

Daily standup and SCRUM app. Simple 1-min setup. Integrates with Slack, Trello, MS Teams, Jira and more. Track team work and goals!

Learn more about Jell

Brianna M.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-04

"Good software with a few bugs"

Pros: It makes it really easy to plan the day, knowing you won't forget anything that needs to be done. For longer term plans, you can add them in the future plans section, so nothing will get missed. It's also really satisfying ticking off each item as you complete it!

Cons: There is a bug when publishing the standup that automatically sets the day as the previous day, so every day you need to change the date, and if you don't, you get reminder emails even when you've published it. There is also no way to adjust for a part-time position, i.e. a four day work week, so either every week you need to put in out of office or get reminder emails.

by SureSwift Capital on 2021-02-09

Thank you so much for the feedback Brianna!

We sent you an email asking for more information on the date issue you're experiencing and we hope to get it resolved for you quickly.

We also sent information on how to adjust reminders to only get them on certain days. This is only possible if your admin selected the setting to allow each user to customize his/her reminders, and it looks like your admin disabled the option.

Keep an eye out for the email and respond when you get a chance. Thanks again, and take care!

• Reviewed on 2021-02-04
Maryam A.
Academician
Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-09

"Maryam Alharasi"

Comments: fantastic and I like it

Pros: It is easy to understand User friendly it doesn't have any technical issues It send automatic reminders

Cons: when I write the day and dates it would have been easier if the calendar is there and I tick ion it

by SureSwift Capital on 2021-02-12

Maryam,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Jell!

Yes, we have it in our upcoming plans to improve the calendar/date selection.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-09
Fabien B.
Head of Digital Design, Europe
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-01-13

"Extremely useful, but is it worth the cost?"

Comments: I'm not a big fan of meetings, and working in multinational companies I always feel the pain of people having to interrupt their workflow and step "out of their zone" to participate to a daily stand-up at an inconvenient time (you know: time zones). Jell helps my team considerably by avoiding wasting time in meetings we don't need... We're still very Agile and we of course meet every now and then (and we do meet immediately if we encounter a blocker), but the introduction of Jell has also made us a lot happier :)

by Jell on 2017-01-13

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear we're helping you and your team avoiding wasting time in meetings.

• Reviewed on 2017-01-13
Duke F.
VP Product
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-08

"Customer care responsiveness is impressive."

Pros: My team has been using Jell for a while, but I recently joined and am getting started with it. Seems straightforward and comparable to alternatives. But I ran into a minor quirky bug, and their customer care team was incredibly responsive, reproduced the detail and followed through on a quick bug fix.

Cons: Nothing yet. But I'll keep playing with it.

by SureSwift Capital on 2021-04-13

Duke,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're glad we were able to help.

• Reviewed on 2021-04-08
Tim C.
Head Of Marketing
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-04-13

"WOW"

Comments: AMAZING. Especially with Covid and working from home. This has been an amazing tool to make sure A) people are showing up to work on time, and B) you can track their process throughout the day. Such a great tool!

Pros: It is so simple, integrates great with other things we use such as slack and gmail and make sure that the leadership team or any team for that matter can keep themselves accountible.

Cons: It is not free. I do not have many cons for this. My gosh, it is 100% worth every single penny.

by SureSwift Capital on 2021-04-26

Hi Tim!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Jell. We are glad to hear you and your team are enjoying Jell and that you are finding our Slack integration helpful!

• Reviewed on 2021-04-13
Chandra V.
Sr. manager
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Jell Review"

Pros: The reporting part is what is helpful fo me.

Cons: Daily scrum is what we mostly use -- and thats is very helpful sa the teams are geographically dispersed.

by SureSwift Capital on 2021-02-19

Chandra, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Jell!

We are very happy to hear that Jell's reporting and its ability for asynchronous daily standups/scrums is helpful to you and your team.

John Z.
Genomics Analyst
Research, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-15

"Easy to use task tracking software"

Comments: Overall, I like Jell a lot. I've been using it for 3.5 months since starting a new job, and it helps me know what my colleagues are working on. This is especially useful when we're all working from home and don't have normal office banter. While I have a separate task list of everything I need to accomplish over the course of a month, Jell is useful for reducing all of that down to "Ok, what am I capable of accomplishing just today? What did I say I was going to do today that still needs to be done?"

Pros: I use Jell as part of a genomics lab in order for the team to stay coordinated over Slack while working remotely. I didn't have any part in setting up the software, but as a user, the experience is pretty seamless. It's easy to enter my tasks for the day in a web browser, hit submit, and have them appear in a dedicated Slack channel. Scrolling back in time through old standups is easy and helpful for finding when I did certain things.

Cons: My only complaint is that the text fields are only one line high when typing even though they'll display multiple lines after being submitted. Maybe the intended purpose is to only write short, pithy tasks, but I'll sometimes include details in what I accomplished the previous day, such documenting how the software application we're building in house failed at a particular task and what troubleshooting steps I did. A two or three line bullet point is easy to read once it's entered, but difficult to write when the text box automatically shrinks to one line for writing.

by SureSwift Capital on 2020-12-21

Thank you for your valuable feedback John! We are happy to know Jell and Jell's integration with Slack is helping your team.

We will make note of the feedback you provided on the input text fields and will discuss how that can be improved.

Scott H.
Vice President, IT & OT
Renewables & Environment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-10-12

"Small distributed IT team -"

Comments: Daily, Weekly and Quarterly management stand ups and reports made for a conscious assessment of people's work load and easy sharing of challenges with the team. The platform replaced an daily stand up meeting and resulted in better focus, planning and communication with the team.

Pros: We used the software for daily stand-ups, weekly check ins and quarterly check ins. We integrated it with our Slack platform. The weekly check in roll up was useful for my weekly touch base with employees.
We had everyone on the team using it each day. It was an excellent platform to ensure everyone understood what was accomplished, what the plan of the day was and what challenges were being faced. Additionally, the quarterly check in helped us assess completion of annual performance goals. This made the annual performance review process much smoother each spring.

Cons: I would have liked to have more in depth reporting and roll up. This would help for weekly roll-ups to upper management

• Reviewed on 2020-10-12
Christian T.
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-18

"Jell Review"

Comments: Jell fills the void of keeping track of what our team has on each day and we can see their progress

Pros: This is easy to use and a good way to monitor the teams workload

Cons: Nothing. It is easy to use and meets all our standards

by SureSwift Capital on 2021-03-08

Hi Christian! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience with Jell.

We are happy to know it is beneficial to your team!

• Reviewed on 2021-02-18
Jason L.
Product Designer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-08

"Streamline and keep track of team stand-ups"

Comments: Our team uses Jell to streamline and keep a record of our daily team standups. Each day, in Jell, team members enter what they achieved the previous day, what they have planned for the upcoming day, and if they have any questions or comments that may be blocking progress. Jell allows users to check off tasks once they are complete, and carry over incomplete tasks to the next day. Slack integration allows us to get daily morning reminders to fill out our Jell's before our scheduled standups. Productivity charts show how much ass you've kicked in the past 2 weeks and exportable csv reports give you a history of every jell you have filled out. It works much better than having one team member type out every team members stand up in an excel sheet. Our team has really taken to Jell and it has become a fixture in our daily routine and has streamlined our daily standups ten-fold.

Pros: Jell's core purpose is very niche, and it doesn't try to do more than its meant for which is great. Our team can fill out their daily Jell reports and we can go over them as a team, and they are recorded in the app. It has made our daily standups much more enjoyable.

Cons: When you fill out your daily report, you cannot check off completed tasks from the complete report page. You have to go to the Profile page and check them off there, then go back to the Complete Report page, and continue to fill out your report. Not a big issue, but when you do it everyday it becomes annoying.

by Jell on 2016-11-08

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear we've helped make daily standups much more enjoyable, and that it's been helpful for you and the team.

And thanks for the feedback about checking off completed tasks. We're working on some UI improvements right now that hopefully will streamline your workflow.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-08
Diego F.
Technical Lead
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-05

"My experience"

Comments: The chat function is always a fight understanding what I am entering
I missed months of stand ups because I was signed out but didn't know because the notifications didn't arrive in MS teams
The chat function puts me a loop and never lets me submit. I have to use the workspace which leads me to using a browser instead of staying in Teams
I tried working on a stand up with my team but then it failed when I keep getting prompted to enter for my own.

Pros: I would recommend this produce it has a lot of potential

Cons: I have had many challenges with this product
I want to setup a stand up but I don't want to get a reminder of it. I want my team to do it not me.

by SureSwift Capital on 2021-02-10

Diego, thank you so much for the feedback. The experience you had with the MS Teams integration is not the experience we want any of our customers to have. That is why we're putting all-hands-on-deck to get the MS Teams + Jell experience up to standards. We are focusing on getting Jell working painlessly in MS Teams, like it does in the web-app and in Slack.

The workaround you mention about using the Workspace tab is what we would recommend using for now, while we smooth out some of those issues you mention.

As far as disabling reminder notifications for yourself to submit the standup, this can be done in Settings > Notifications. I will send you direct email with additional information on the setting. Thanks again, and take care.

• Reviewed on 2021-02-05
Daphne G.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-16

"mixed feelings about jell"

Pros: It is convenient to be able to have my users report to me on a third-party platform

Cons: There seem to have been a number of bugs, for years, that just don't get addressed (time in the settings doesn't work unless people pick an "odd" number like 8:01 am as opposed to 8 am or 8:15 am) As well, a number of requests I've made have never been addressed.

Daphne,

Thank you for sharing taking the time to share your feedback. The reminder time issues that you're referencing should be fixed. We released an update late last year. We do know of other reminder time issues a couple members of your team have experienced more recently, but we believe those were addressed by adjusting the users' timezone settings.

I'll be reaching out directly to get more information on other requests that are still not addressed.

Stuart R.
  • Reviewed on 2020-11-12

"Great check-in software for teams"

Pros: Easy to setup, reports are really functional for management. Saves us over 1 hour in meetings per week.

Cons: UI could be updated a little bit, otherwise very easy to operate.

by SureSwift Capital on 2020-11-19

Thank you for your feedback, Stuart. We are happy to know your team is enjoying Jell and it's cutting back on time in meetings!

• Reviewed on 2020-11-12
Robert L.
Backend Developer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018-03-07

"Easy, Simple & Effective Standup Tool"

Pros: -Less than 1 minute to post your standup
-Integrates with Slack so you can share with your team
-Allows custom intervals so you can do standups with different granularity
-Allows reminders so you can get a ping in the morning if you forget

• Reviewed on 2018-03-07
Elias J.
Creative Services Lead
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020-12-15

"Close the Communication Gap"

Comments: The team at Jell has done a wonderful job of keeping the features right in line with our needs. So often, software platforms exceed ease of use by continuously adding features (we understand completely how and why this happens). Where they've added functionality, it's clear the addition was carefully considered and executed with precision.

Pros: In a world of increasingly dispersed teams, a singular platform that allows all team members to chronicle their daily projects and progress (that is NOT another virtual meeting space) is an essential tool in any manager's toolkit. Jell is that platform for our team.

Cons: We don't have any cons to call out. The Jell developers have kept it simple (in terms of features and usability - we know it's more complicated on their end).

by SureSwift Capital on 2020-12-21

Elias, thank you so much for the feedback! Happy to know Jell has been beneficial to your team.

Ankur P.
Director of Technology
  • Reviewed on 2021-02-16

"Solid Bot for Teams Focusing on Agile"

Pros: If you are looking for a bot that is good at standup and retro, Jell is great. It is a really simple integration into Slack and works really well once you understand it.

Cons: The actual template for submitting reports isn't as clean as other bots. The delays of when configurations become active was also confusing at first.

by SureSwift Capital on 2021-02-19

Thank you so much for your feedback Ankur! We do have plans for updates on the UI/UX, but are currently focusing most of our efforts on improving integrations specifically Jell's Microsoft Teams integrations.

Yes, changes to reminder settings were not 'kicking in' until the next day, but after a recent update, those changes take effect immediately.

Thanks again!

Jin kyong L.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017-07-28

"Daily scrum made easy"

Pros: super easy setup
what am i going to do today can be easily made into to-do list
what's done today goes automatically to what did i complete yesterday list

Cons: price.
if using it for daily scrum only, it's a bit hard to adjust it's as expensive (or more) as the premium subscription of slack.

• Reviewed on 2017-07-28
David H.
  • Reviewed on 2016-11-22

"Do your Daily Scrum remotely over Slack"

Comments: We have a distributed team that use Jell for daily scrum. It's easy to use, and gives a total transparency in what everyone is doing. For free!

Pros: - Free tier does its job
- Daily reminder (either Email or Slack message)

Cons: - Slack integration sometimes become wonky when on boarding new members

by Jell on 2016-11-23

Thanks for the review! Glad you're finding Jell useful.

• Reviewed on 2016-11-22