15 years helping Canadian businesses

Canada Local product

Missive Reviews

4.9 (86) Write a Review! Canada Local product

About Missive

Team inbox and chat tool that empowers teams to truly collaborate around different channels of communication, internal and external.

Learn more about Missive

Pros:

This software has a very nice design, works without any flaws, is very responsive/fast, and has a very affordable price. Cheaper than ANY comparable tool I found so far.

Cons:

No quote/reply feature on chat. No ticks of message read on chat.

Missive ratings

4.7
4.9
4.8
4.7

9.6/10

Missive has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 86 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Missive before?

Phil
Phil
Co-founder in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

One software to rule them all

Comments: Thanks to Missive, we’ve been able to use only 2 softwares for all our communications. Internal communication (team members interacting with each others) is done through Basecamp, and external communication (team members interacting with customers, suppliers, media, bizdev, etc.) is done through Missive. This really helps to keep our focus at the right place in the correct software. Disclaimer: We still have to use other softwares to send our newsletter, for example, but that wasn’t the point in my review.

Pros:

The team inbox feature is simply incredible. It allows our team to chat between responses to our customers or suppliers to make sure we say the correct things and that we have all the information needed before sending those emails. It’s much better than Zendesk for the workflow and the fact that Missive doesn’t break all the time (like it happened to us on Zendesk back then, before we switched). As a small business, Missive allows us to centralize all our “external communication” (Customer service, BizDev, Media/Press contacts) into one software, instead of scattering our team between a help desk, a CRM, and some other tools and software to make it all work. We have different e-commerce websites, so we can actually have all our projects and different emails on the same software for a single price.

Cons:

Since this isn’t a help desk, there are no “ticket numbers”, where everything has a clear number attached to it (Customer request ticket #1001, #1002, etc.). But that’s understandable because Missive isn’t built only for being a help desk. What I also like the least about Missive is the lack of hierarchical structure implemented in the pre-built responses our team created. It’s already great (the search tool for searching through your quick responses is already great, but the lack of visual structure can be hard for beginner employees when you have 50+ quick responses for every possible situation when dealing with customer service. This is something that I miss from Zendesk, when we could separate our quick responses (aka macros) into different folders/categories

Kyle
Owner in Canada
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Missive can replace a number of other tools for small teams

5.0 last month New

Comments: I use Missive every day, all day long. I had another team member at one point and Missive made collaboration super simple and the learning curve was not steep at all.

Pros:

I'm a 1-person operation and for me Missive makes email and customer relationship management easy. I don't need a separate CRM to run my business. Missive helps me accomplish most, if not all, of the tasks I had previously delegated to my CRM.

Cons:

The ability to add custom integrations to Missive is huge, but I'd love to see more tutorials and examples for creating custom integrations.

Laura
Design Coordinator in Canada
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Missive Review

Comments: A great resource when working with many different types of email platforms and communication platforms.

Pros:

My favourite part of missive was that we were able to integrate other programs and platforms into our Missive. Giving us more abilities than if we were just using one program.

Cons:

Because of the fact that we were integrate other platforms into our Missive use we would sometimes run into troubles if one platform upgraded and the functionality stopped between the two.

Gabriela
Director in Argentina
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

One of the bests tools for colaborative teams!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: At first it was somewhat overwhelming to go from the usual Gmail to Missive, but once you understand how it works, it becomes your best ally; especially if you have to coordinate teams.

Pros:

The ease of use and the ability to coordinate the work of the entire team; being able to postpone sending emails, assign emails to others and provide timely and timely follow-up to each client.

Cons:

By the time everything's just fine! We love Missive and we are confortable with the usage.

Robert
CEO in Poland
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Making Business & Teams Smarter

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, they're great and seems to be growing and adapting.

Pros:

It reduces the noise between teams and the time taken spent resolving topics as no-one is having to forward emails, CC this person, BCC that person, etc. Work just gets done.

Cons:

The price in addition to Office365 or G Mail plan is a little high which would be totally fine actually if it was possible to have different users on different plan levels.

Abi
VA in Spain
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Increases Productivity

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Using Missive makes team communication so effective and easy. It has increased our team productivity greatly - would highly recommend.

Pros:

Team communication and integrations as well as the templates feature

Cons:

N/A - Haven't found anything I don't like yet!

Maria
Operations Manager in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

Missive rocks!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I like it, its very easy to use, customer service is great.

Pros:

Team Communication, inbox sharing, view, customer service

Cons:

Unable to send secure emails, need more visibility of team labels

Internet, 2–10 Employees

A great product

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Multiple inbox management, team allocation, integrations and more. Support team is always great, super helpful and responsive for the more quirky issues experienced when using a large amount of inboxes and integrations.

Cons:

Calendar for me isn't hitting the spot, but still handy to have access to the calendar in Missive.

Debra
Administrator in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

SERVPRO of Citrus County uses Missive

5.0 last month New

Comments: We love Missive. We have used it for years and have no immediate plans to change that.

Pros:

What we love most about Missive is the collaboration and organization. It allows us to set up specific teams for the various stages of our projects and allows us to keep all forms of communication merged and together for each of them

Cons:

We would like to see more features related to Tasks. I believe this is in the works. We would also like the ability for addresses entered into the location field of a calendar appointment to use Googe Maps for verification and auto-fill/complete the address (currently you can launch maps after you've entered and saved an address, but does not verify and complete as you enter it).

Raphael
Raphael
CEO in Canada
Farming, 2–10 Employees

One email app to rule your workflows

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

1. Accounting automations 2. Customer service automations 3. Team based emails splitting

Cons:

1. Set up User interfaces are sometimes packed but there is good documentation even though.

Geoff
International Program Coordinator in Canada
Primary/Secondary Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Once you use Missive, you'll see what you're missing without it

Comments: We first started using Missive when we needed two staff to share a Gmail account. We started trials with some other companies but they either didn't fit our needs or were far too expensive for us. We came across Missive and they were very helpful getting us set up. That was over two years ago now. Over that time, we've watched Missive improve and add features every week to 10 days (I've included as many as I can think of in the "Pros" section above). Bugs, though rare, are handled immediately and are often patched before I even download the first update. Our entire department now uses the program and I honestly can't imagine having to go back to the Gmail interface. Emails between staff are cut down dramatically, as rather than emailing a colleague I can just tag or message them. If I get an email that would be better done by a colleague, it's two clicks to assign it to them. If a colleague is working on a draft email and wants my feedback, we don't need to forward it back and forth—she just tags me in and we can work on the draft together. If a message has gone unanswered for too long, I can set a simple rule to notify me. If I want to save a bunch of emails that are relevant together, I can add them all to a conversation and access any of them with a click. This question asked what problems I'm solving with Missive. All I have to do is open my Gmail interface and try to work from there to realize that I would be lost without Missive.

Pros:

Missive is run by a group of three developers who provide quick support and listen to their client base. They add new features every week to 10 days and are quick to respond to bug reports. In the 2.5 years we've used Missive, I've seen it grow from a competent solution for a team inbox to a serious competitor with all of the other programs in this field. Anyone considering Slack, Front, etc., needs to give Missive serious consideration. This program has gone from something I never knew I needed to something I now couldn't get by without. Over the years, Missive has become feature-rich, adding things like: - automatic assignment of incoming messages - teams and team inboxes - see when a colleague is typing - merged conversations - Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and Twilio SMS messaging - very powerful email and conversation handling based on complex rules (for incoming messages, outgoing messages, and even actions like labels or comments) - out of office handling of email assignments - responses - configurable snoozes - webhook actions - a public API (for both messages and contacts) - custom integrations - contacts management Missive has a lot to offer, even for handling personal email or a sole proprietor. However, it changes gears once you add a teammate, and the more colleagues you have, the more time it saves.

Cons:

I wouldn't say there are any downsides to using Missive, as there's nothing it does that could be done better directly in Gmail. I would say that one feature that is lacking is being able to search for text in a conversation and be brought directly to the text (Missive just shows the messages containing that text). I have some conversations that are many years old with thousands of lines of text, so just being told that a search string is in that conversation does me no good. I want to be brought to the text (like how Find works in my browser) and be able to reply to it in some way (i.e., my reply should reference that line somehow).

Jake
Design, 2–10 Employees

Stable, powerful and great support

Pros:

1. Unlike many email clients, missive is modern, stable, and extensible with good built in integrations (asana, pipedrive) and it's extensible. We were able to create our own sidebar plugin for a custom CRM, to view crm data of the person you're emailing with in the sidebar, in just a few days. 2. Missive's support is fantastic. Their team quickly answers and fixes any bugs fast if you find them. 3. The mobile version is as fully-featured as the desktop and stays completely in sync. 4. Missive is very actively releasing new features making the product better all the time. An example of this is the new Missive Chat which lets you embed live chat into your website and then see/answer messages from visitors within Missive.

Cons:

The UI can be a little bit complex especially the sidebar, though you can customize it. The settings area has loads of customization options but might benefit from a search function within settings to find the right option you're looking for, since there are a bunch of tabs in the settings window.

Bimbola
Founder in Sierra Leone
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Tried a bunch but settled for Missive

Comments: Very satisfied

Pros:

Ease of use and price point not too bad for small business. Great support whenever needed and team continuously improving the software and app. App does everything the web app also does. Chat function is also good considering it's included in the price and I like the integration with Todoist. We have use over 5 support apps and shared mailbox solutions (Front, Zoho etc) but we are settled and comfortable with Missive. In the end it was a toss-up between them and Groove but we have not regretted our choice.

Cons:

The contacts section. My ideal would be a solid support app and CRM in one. Missive does have a decent integration with Pipedrive but we don't use it. In fact, what I'd like it to be able to do mail merges to clients.

VP/GM in US
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Refreshing & Unique Software

Comments: When it comes to using shared inboxes with most email clients, things don't really sync up properly and you'll find someone already responded to an email or moved it, yet it's setting in someone else's inbox as if nothing has been done. This is not the case with Missive. I also like how I can create signatures for each person in my company and apply them to each person's account, per inbox. This is really helpful and unique. Lastly, it's amazing how I can log into missive anywhere and still have all my settings, inboxes, etc intact.

Pros:

I like how fast emails send and receive. Everything is synchronized and up-to-date at all times.

Cons:

The livechat abilities need some work. We tried it out but it didn't have all the features we were looking for. I'm sure in time, it'll get better.

Carlos
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

AMAZING!!!!

Pros:

It is designed with a working mentality and it is very efficient.

Cons:

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Konstantinos
Konstantinos
CEO in Greece
Translation & Localization, 2–10 Employees

Do not miss it!

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend Missive to any team looking for a comprehensive and efficient shared inbox solution. Whether you are a small business, startup, or large corporation, Missive has everything you need to manage your communications and work collaboratively in one place.

Pros:

What I like best about Missive is how it streamlines communication and collaboration within my team. No longer do we have to go back and forth between multiple email accounts and platforms, as Missive allows us to manage all of our shared inboxes in one place. The ability to assign tasks and messages to team members, as well as track progress and keep everyone on the same page, has greatly improved our workflow and productivity.

Cons:

What I dislike about Missive is the limited integration options with other tools and platforms. However, this is a minor inconvenience in comparison to the many benefits that Missive provides.

Simon
Director in UK
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Spin a lot of plates - keep on top and in touch with your work & communications

Comments: Greatly helps productivty and control/coordination.

Pros:

Super effective way to juggle emails, discussions plus external integrated systems Has a lot of functionality itself to handle multiple, team & external email accounts Brings team discussion into email threads, keeping the emails separate Integration with other systems is fabulous, eg Trello & Knack

Cons:

The use of the term 'Archive' is not intuitive for me and many I've trained. It related to being in one's inbox, either your own or a team's you're in.

Will
Will
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

The best app for managing your communication processes with a team. You can't get better.

Comments: Fantastic service, fantastic app.

Pros:

Ease of use and management of team communication and customer service

Cons:

All good! No need. Perhaps more integrations but I don't even think required.

Jimmy
CEO in Switzerland
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Great Mail Management / Shared Inbox Software

Comments: We are a very small team and were desperately seeking some inexpensive software that helped us manage our customer email inquiries. All the other tools I've tried were overkill (ticketing, etc.) for our needs.
Whis this software you can not only handle your customer emails but you private emails can be managed as well and at the very same place. No switching software anymore for different email needs...

Pros:

This software has a very nice design, works without any flaws, is very responsive/fast, and has a very affordable price. Cheaper than ANY comparable tool I found so far! Customer support ist extremely quick and helpful and all in all it was relatively easy to setup our processes. This is one of the rare examples for a software that I actually like to pay for because I think they deserve my money! (I even took the time to write this Review...)

Cons:

Haven't really found some negative points yet, but I am a new customer. You cannot understand every aspect of the software without reading about it in the help system. But you can try out everything and then delete your experiments after that, which is very positive.

Sushant
Process Manager in India
Individual & Family Services, 11–50 Employees

Shoutout to [sensitive content hidden] and Missive for Top-Notch Support!

Pros:

I had a great experience with Missive, especially with [sensitive content hidden] from customer success. He helped me sort out a tricky "rule/filter" problem and got my emails organized just the way I wanted. [sensitive content hidden] was super patient and knew exactly what to do. It's so nice to have this kind of support from Missive. Big shoutout to [sensitive content hidden] and the team!

Cons:

As of now, it is good as is, and they are constantly improving, so there is no downside as such.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Best email app.

Pros:

I run a couple different online platform at once. Missive helps me combine them and collaborate with my team with ease.

Cons:

Nothing I don't like. It could be a little cheaper but you save a lot of time with missive so it's worth every cent.

Christopher
COO in US
Printing, 11–50 Employees

Best Tool We Use As A Company

Pros:

The product is extremely easy to use and cuts down on all of the wasteful overcommunications to customers and co-workers. It helps us deliver a full service end to end customer centric experience to our customers that we could not complete any other way.

Cons:

Nothing, it works like a charm all of the time.

Gabriel
Gabriel
Executive Assistant in Dominican Republic
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

Powerful email collaboration client

Comments: Very pleasant, communication is excellent, they've answered our questions in an average of 20 mins for a reply. Very stable as well. Overall would recommend.

Pros:

Lightning fast email client. It allows for deep collaboration in our office, easily managing each other's inboxes and keeping internal and external communications separate. Updates come regularly and always add something new to keep up with the pace.

Cons:

There are features that I wouldn't say are missing, but are a bit hidden, like for example for multiple email signatures, you'd have to create an alias for each instead of like with gmail it has it's own section.

Vojtech
Vojtech
COO in Czechia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

How to controll your colleague and work together

Comments: We had really a problem with the outgoing communication of our key accounts and sales team.

Pros:

We can comment on all emails and outbound communications in real-time. Every email can be commented by other colleagues - we also see draft versions of emails

Cons:

It's little bit difficult to set up by user.

Missive Response

5 years ago

Thanks for the review! Making it more easy to setup user accounts is definitely something we want to do.

Anna
Anna
COO in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Great tool to collaborate around email

Comments: We were looking for a solution for effective collaboration around email communication. Working closely as a team we required a tool that would allow us to review and collaborate on email drafts, assign specific conversations and streamline our company email inbox in a productive way.

Pros:

I really love that you're able to collaborate on emails as a team and assign specific emails to a person. This helps streamline the process of communication and automatically leads to a lot more productivity.

Cons:

The configuration of the team inbox was a bit complicated. I don't think the set-up is very intuitive and user friendly and definitely requires some time to figure out.