Worksuite Reviews

4.7
4.4
4.5

8.5/10

Worksuite has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 53 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Worksuite before?

Justine
Justine
Freelance Manager in US
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

Excellent product! Shortlist has streamlined several of our internal freelancer management processes

Comments: A streamlined solution to freelancer management! We used to have a fragmented system that involved using several tools for various parts of freelancer management: onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, etc. We are now able to fulfill all of these duties using one single platform, which drastically cuts our admin time and creates a smoother, more consistent workflow and user experience.

Pros:

From an internal perspective, Shortlist greatly reduced our admin time spent on freelancer management and allowed us to centralize many management duties. The platform helped us to streamline freelancer onboarding, information tracking, project assignments, performance tracking, and more. Before Shortlist, we were using several different tools to accomplish what is now done in one single platform! The project assignment functionality was the biggest attraction for us. It's the most robust I've seen, offering several assignment workflows. Our company works on a bidding system -- freelancers essentially opt into potential projects by bidding for work -- and Shortlist seamlessly supports and has enhanced our system. In addition, the platform is very user friendly for both administrators and freelancers. Although the platform offers a robust selection of tools to assist in freelancer and vendor management, the interface is clean, simple, and easy to navigate. The user friendly workflow greatly reduces the potential for confusion or questions, which is vital when working with a large external workforce. Lastly, the Shortlist team is clearly committed to the success of their customers. The team has been extremely communicative, receptive to feedback, and quick to offer helpful insights or suggestions on how to maximize use of the platform.

Cons:

There's nothing I explicitly dislike about the platform. However, I'd love to see more customization options, especially in regards to freelancer profiles and the internal performance tracking system.

5 years ago

Thanks Justine, really appreciate this!

Loryn
Loryn
Managing Editor in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

The FMS of my dreams!

Comments: When I began the hunt for a FMS for our small start-up, I was working out of no less than five massive spreadsheets -- not to mention the hundreds of files floating around -- just to keep track of our freelance projects and payments. I found Shortlist via Google search, and from my very first contact I've been impressed with the software and especially, the team. I was able to consolidate all of my scattered processes into one location, and the ability to manage all aspects of a freelancer's work cycle, from on-boarding to assignments to payment, has shaved countless hours off my work day. I think my absolute favorite part of working with Shortlist though has been the amazing team of people devoted to helping ensure that we have the best product to work with. The sales team wasn't pushy, the tech team is always available for help or improvements, and our customer success rep has been an absolute pleasure to work with. I can't say enough good things about Shortlist, and how vastly it's improved and streamlined our processes, and in turn, our own work flows.

Pros:

*Integration with Hello Sign takes so much pain out of the on-boarding process *Speaking of which, the customizable on-boarding is bar none *Payments are easy to set up and schedule *Freelancers love it *Intuitive set up; you can tell it was designed with the user experience in mind *Amazing responsiveness of team

Cons:

Only one: I do a lot of bulk work, and it can get tedious as times. For example, I may have 25 of the same type of assignment going out. If I need to change the rate on them, I have to visit each one individually (can't open in new tabs), change it, and get back to the projects screen, which is now unsorted. So I have to resort to find my items and start the process again.

Tony
Account Manager in US
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

The premise of the platform is great - the aesthetic design and functionality sometimes lacks.

Comments: The ability to share curation with our talent pool across our various internal stakeholders.

Pros:

That we can have ratings, reviews and contextual information about our talent pool. It makes curating our talent much easier.

Cons:

The design feels a bit dated and the functionality fails sometimes. It feels like a product that is very much still in development and lacks polish. Also, we have not used the Project RFP/RFP functionality as much as originally anticipated - although that is not necessarily the result of the software. However, the lack of flexibility in modifying questionnaires feels clunky at best and downright annoying at worst.

Jessica
Jessica
Subject Matter Expert Relationship Manager in US
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

Vital Tool for Our Business

Comments: Overall, our experience with Shortlist has been fantastic. Our business uses the tool a little differently and they have been accommodating to our needs. They are constantly improving their product and it is great to see those updates frequently. The customer service is top notch and everyone is warm and friendly. Most of my contractors are impressed with the system. They appreciate how easy it is to do business with us now that we have Shortlist.

Pros:

I really like that this system allows me to keep everything in one place. I used to have information all over the place (emails, Adobe cloud, paper files, Sharepoint, word/excel files, etc). My team used to wait on me for information that they now have at the click of a button. It has streamlined my process so significantly and it costs less than hiring another person to help me.

Cons:

One improvement that I would like to see is in the search function. I think it would be great if you could search certain key words in certain places of a profile. For example, in the resume, description or internal notes. It would also be nice to see the keywords highlighted so that it is obvious where in the profile it is located. Being able to preview a document without having to download would be beneficial for my team.

4 years ago

Thanks Jessica! These are some great suggestions for improvement. Let's cover on our next Customer Success check in call.

Brigitta
Content Operations Manager in Canada
Writing & Editing, 11-50 Employees

Goodbye manual work and spreadsheets, hello more time!

Comments: Goodbye manual work and spreadsheets! Worksuite helped us migrate our freelancers to a platform that made onboarding, project management and payments easily accessible. Since using Worksuite, we've been able to create more efficient processes

Pros:

Payments and the ease of communication with freelancers. We like how easy it is to chat with our freelancers!

Cons:

The smallest/ minor inconveniences such as formatting, or having to press Shift + enter to go to the next line. Or, how you cannot format freelancers in alphabetical order in lists. Notifications - It would be great if we can customize the type of notifications we receive. For example, I get notified 3 times if something is "complete", first that it's marked as complete, then that a new payment is ready for review, then that the approval. It would also be great if we can do more with our reporting function.

Mat
Mat
Director, Commercial Management in
Commercial Real Estate Software, 10,000+ Employees

Simple, flexible, powerful!

Comments: Shortlist.co is a fantastically versatile platform that allows easy locating, engagement, contracting and payments of freelancers, consultants and vendors. Very quick and easy to onboard preferred freelancers / consultants / vendors or use their database, a logical user friendly workflow to engage with your preferred for new service or product needs, then compare, rate and award. During the project or engagement period you can even manage to budgets and pay them.

Pros:

1. Super easy to onboard freelancers, consultants and vendors. 2. Database of over 20,000 vendors if you don't have a preferred. 3. They provide templates for marketing briefs, contracts and response questionnaires. 4. Reminders sent to participating people and or companies to keep things moving along. 5. Easy comparison of responses for a quick award. 6. Budget / financial analysis provided when move into project. 7. Payment through the platform also possible. 8. Service centre to help along the process or add support where needed (covering when you are away on holiday etc).

Cons:

Requires some change management to get people to use the tool, but is about 1% of the change needed verses other eProcurement or eSourcing tools, given how clunky and difficult they are to use!

ZAiN
ZAiN
Webmaster in South Africa

Freelance dreams

Comments: Workflow has become optimized

Pros:

Helps with tracking freelancers and project productivity. More efficient communication Makes payments and admin related tasks simple

Cons:

Pricing could be more competitive, and it could be better expanded feature-wise.

Elliott
Elliott

Excellent product

Comments: I've been using Shortlist for over a year now, and have found in extremely useful tool for managing our agency's workforce. I've recommended Shortlist not just for my own company but to other teams that I now consult with. What it comes down to is that it solves a major issue for me when it comes to managing your workforce in one central location. Before Shortlist came around, there wasn't really any decent options to solve this. I notice also that the Shortlist team has made major steps forward with the UI/product design over the last few months. It's looking great and the new clean dashboard design will be a welcomed addition for our team.

Pros:

- I think value for money - you cannot go past this. It's priced extremely well for software in this category. - Nice design. Lets face it - most of these tools look like they've been design and built by the finance team! Shortlist looks more like an Apple product. - Great customer service. When we first tried it out we were having some small issues onboarding , but Shortlist got straight back to me and helped us immensely.

Tuition Teacher in Australia
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Shortlist.... Any other site you need for your payment needs!

Comments: Overall i highly recommend shortlist for any contractor!

Pros:

A user friendly website. While alot of people overlook this aspect I want to point out just how important it is for a site to be userfriendly. In a business there are several aspects of the workflow that need to work together and when you use a program that isn't designed to be used by all members of staff things can get bogged down very quickly. Another pro is definitely the template selection that is baked into the software so it can be detailed to a specific project you had in mind.

Cons:

Maybe creating a system that allowed for certain reminders to be sent to staff that would be helpful. Overall I cannot think of any certain con's for this site.

Kevin
Kevin
Director, K-12 Publishing Services in US
Publishing, 201-500 Employees

The solution I have been waiting for!

Comments: Makes hiring vendors a breeze.

Pros:

Easy to use, great customer service, intuitive interface. Met most of the initial needs and their new updates continue to impress.

5 years ago

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated!

Ben
Accounting Associate in US
Newspapers, 201-500 Employees

Worksuite has given me the ability to focus on other aspects of my job

Comments: Distributing payments internationally was an issue before using Worksuite. It also speeds up distribution of domestic payments as well. Management of freelancers has been divvied out between several teams and the documentation is automated. The customer service has been generally great.

Pros:

The payments system has helped so much. That combined with the ability to integrate with Salesforce has saved me hours of processing time every day. Additionally, automating the onboarding of our freelancers has been so helpful and taken the stress off of me as our company doubled over the past year and our freelancer base multiplied by at least 20. Worksuite has helped me reduce the amount of data entry I do, and allowed me to focus on other things.

Cons:

When starting to learn the software it was very overwhelming and complicated. There is a lot to learn and understand about the software and its many intricacies and capabilities. Also, searching through the freelancers in the onboarding page is very difficult and I sometimes have to scroll through 100's of freelancers before I find the one I'm looking for.

Expert Network Program Lead in US
Utilities

Overall, the Shortlist team has exceeded my expectations! I look forward to my interactions w/ them.

Comments: -Effective process techniques for recruiting, onboarding, growing, and managing our network of partners
-Enables our business to scale

Pros:

-The Shortlist software enables us to do our business and be successful -User interface (UI) is intuitive to use -Friendly and personable customer support, they want to help us grow (awesome!) -Open to accommodating and exploring our needs (e.g. updated search functionality based on our needs & feedback) -Shortlist team has the technical capabilities to support our industry-specific needs -Most of our users accept and fill out their profile in <24hrs of us sending the invitation (Indicates this process doesn't take too much of their time and is easy to work through)

Cons:

Not much to note here, but I'll get into the weeds so I can provide constructive feedback: The process for adding a partner to multiple groups can take a little more time than I would like. Besides that, setting up a partner profile takes a minimal amount of my time, which I value.

5 years ago

Thank you for your review!

Agnes
Content Manager in Hungary
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

The perfect tool for handling a lot of people

Comments: As the only content manager at the team I am responsible for around 100 people. I have to hire, onboard new talent, and give out tasks to the already existing team of translators and voice talents and run projects parallel for many languages. Shortlist made this insanely huge and complex task mindblowingly easy. Steps that I had to do 30-50 times per project can now be done with 3 clicks. The site is super easy to use, the contractors had no problem applying, registering or later using the site and its functions.

Pros:

Using Shortlist made it so much easier to handle our whole translator and voice talent team. I could move away from emails and have everything in one place from job ads, hiring, actual projects and task management to invoicing. I don't have to search back anymore in endless emails, every person and project has all the information on one site. I also love how many things can be integrated, especially the Slack notifications. We also got outstanding support from the Shortlist team, from setting up our account to monthly check-ins and personalisation.

Cons:

A bit more bulk editing options would be great for the tasks, I have to enter and edit info one-by-one now for all.

2 years ago

Thank you!

Growth in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees

Super customizable, perfect for our unique business needs.

Comments: Obviously the platform itself is great, but if we're being honest - a great product is nothing without a great team. We are lucky enough to have [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as our Solutions Architect and he is great at listening to what our actual needs are and then instantly and effortlessly piecing together what the strategy and execution would look like. You can literally see his brain working as you explain the different paint points that you are trying to solve for. Side note: I've had the pleasure of dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as well, he was equally brilliant and on top of things. If you ask me, the Worksuite team is definitely hoarding all of the top talent.

Pros:

Worksuite doesn't do the "one-size-fits-all" approach. Nearly every feature is developed in such an easy-to-use, yet highly customizable way that it's kind of mind blowing. At the moment, we utilize their platform for automating a large part of onboarding for each of our independent contractors (think gig economy), and then maintaining compliance. I can see us utilizing more features as our needs increase which is another thing that makes this platform a huge plus. Moving our processes to Worksuite was a strategic move that will make scaling a piece of cake.

Cons:

It would be nice if we were able to have a kanban/ board type of view for managing workflows.

Nate
Editorial Manager in US
Publishing, 51-200 Employees

Shortlist is great and getting better!

Comments: Customer support and the rest of team at Shortlist have been great to work with. They have followed through constantly to make sure the system is working for us and are quick to turn around any requests or answer any questions. Great customer experience!

Pros:

Shortlist is user-friendly and has a lot of nice features that help me better manage my team of freelancers. I like that freelancers can set up their own profiles and set their availability, so I know at a moment's glance who will be best for a particular project.

Cons:

Shortlist does have limited reporting and project-tracking features. I believe the team is constantly heading feedback and working to add new features though, which is reassuring.

4 years ago

Hi Nate, Thanks a lot a lot for your review! We recently launched a very extensive reporting module, We will make sure to reach out to you shortly to demonstrate this to make sure it matches your needs. Thanks again, Martin

Adam
CEO in US
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

A True End-to-End Workforce Management Platform

Comments: We set out to build our own solution but were fortunate enough to come across Shortlist before we made a decision. Shortlist solved our immediate need as well as gave us features we heavily utilize but had not previously considered, let alone had the budget and runway to build our own features such as Talent Pools.
There has not been much need for customer support based on our experience, but the few times we have needed to get in touch with Shortlist we've been impressed and our needs quickly met.
In short, you'd be crazy to build your own software because Shortlist has already built the features and functionality and offers their solution for a monthly subscription.

Pros:

Simplicity to get started, consistent updates, improvements, and new features are released. Software has the look and feel of a proper enterprise application.

Cons:

It requires some effort to maintain your database and keep things current but this is to be expected if you have a lot of activity.

Louise
COO, APAC in Hong Kong
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Highly recommended

Comments: We managed to bring our APAC freelance team onboard (over 400 individuals) within a three month period. This enabled us to align all documentation, share resources, identify gaps, distribute work in a much more efficient and organized manner. The whole experience with the Customer Success team was a huge positive! Solution focused, responsive and overall an incredibly nice team to work with.

Pros:

User friendly, great customer support, provides innovative business solutions. Being able to see our freelance talent's portfolio in one easy-to-use platform was such an advantage for our teams to ensure the right talent was engaged.

Cons:

I would love to see more reporting functionality - but I know it's on the way - once that is in place this is a brilliant software for any company to bring on-board to manage freelance talent

Christopher
Owner in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

Impressed over and over again

Comments: The Shortlist team has gone above and beyond many times. Most recently I had a few urgent questions that I needed answered and Soobin Kang personally called me outside of typical business hours and made sure I got everything I needed figured out. He continues to check in and make sure that my experience is nothing but the best. The product is amazing, but the customer service is even better. I can't say enough great things about the Shortlist team.

Pros:

It is like a dream come true. I needed a product like this for many months and finally decided on Shortlist. Shorltist is everything I needed from a contractor management software. they keep improving and listening to their customers and I am always impressed.

Cons:

The cons, not many cons here. The only thing I would say is its so secure that sometimes It can take a little bit to log in if you forgot your password like myself:) But I ultimately look at this as a positive as Shortlist is holding lots of sensitive information. So security is a huge plus.

Managing Director in UK
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

On-boarding

Comments: The platform has integrated into our business very well and has saved us a ton of admin. Most of all the customer service experience has been amazing and we are very happy with our relationship with the Shortlist team who are always on hand to solve any problems!

Pros:

The software is very easy to use which makes it easy for the operatives that work for us to understand the functionality and complete their on-boarding with ease!

Cons:

Although the software is very customisable. There are a few features our company didn't need and we would have like to have had them removed.

Lily
Sr. Manager, Brand Incubation in US
Cosmetics, 10,000+ Employees

Great Team, Product, and Process!

Comments: The overall experience with shortlist was excellent! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were great communicators and was very responsive to my requests. The team was a joy to work with. I had requested a calendar feature as part of my POC, and the team spoke to their product team to make it happen.

Pros:

The onboarding feature was the most impactful. At our company, we used Shortlist for vendor onboarding and the team helped us developed our first proof of concept. The feature helped streamline our onboarding process for new vendors in a very user-friendly way. This feature received great feedback from various teams in the organization.

Cons:

Shortlist had many great features that we requested for. If I have to name a con, I wish there's more flexibility in customization.

Todd
Account Manager - Operations & Finance in UK
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Shortlist Review

Comments: We use Shortlist as our supplier, venue and freelancer database allowing the team to search based on country of operation, experience, industry and many other factors. Suppliers upload all relevant insurance and marketing documentation when they on-board to help the team make decisions and reduce email traffic in the planning stages. Post event the team review the suppliers helping the rest of the team make better informed decisions during the next search.

Pros:

The software is incredibly intuitive and requires very little training. The layout is user friendly and is structured to get search results as fast as possible. Very editable on-boarding templates to suit different suppliers and freelancers.

Cons:

Like all platforms there are pieces that need changing to suit our business, Shortlist have worked very hard to make developmental changes for us and continue to do so.

Melanie
Financial Controller in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 Employees

Exceptional Customer Service/Great company

Comments: When our previous payment provider was acquired, we searched for a new company that could provide both payment processing and an onboarding/management system for our outside contractors.
Working with Shortlist has exceeded our expectations in every way. The Shortlist leadership team from the top down is passionate about their product and has gone above and beyond to make sure our customer experience has been positive and successful.
Working in finance over 20 years, I have never experienced a system implementation/integration with the continued level of support and attention that Shortlist has given our company.
I highly recommend Shortlist!

Pros:

Ease of use and ability to integrate with our internal platform Demonstrated ease of onboarding and payment tracking for our outside contractors Reporting features

Cons:

Have not had any difficulties navigating thus far

Co-Founder & CMO in India
, 51-200 Employees

Fantastic !!! This is a future proof product that every Agency will need in the coming years

Pros:

1. Easy project setup. Get a project ready to be shared with vendors in no time. - with a possibility of setting up deadlines for proposals and final submissions. - Templates included in the software makes it easy to find the type of project you will use it for. 2. Super easy to onboard freelancers, consultants, and vendors. 3. Payment through the platform also possible. 4. Great Customer Support to help during onboarding and while using the product.

Cons:

Can't think of any Cons. Reminders sent to participating people and or companies to keep things moving along.

Jennifer
US

I love Shortlist! Great Features: Versatile and Easy to Use!

Pros:

I use Shortlist.co to screen, contract and source out my freelancers in my promotional marketing agency. The app is extremely versatile and easy to use. The set-up was tailored (somewhat) for my marketing company. I am very happy with the software and when there is a concern or issue, customer service was very quick (via chat and email) to respond.

Cons:

They do not have a mobile yet. I am being told it is coming soon in 2018. It's difficult as most of my users are on mobile and I am ecstatic for the launch of the mobile app.

Matthew
Senior Project Manager in UK
Events Services, 201-500 Employees

Excellent piece of software

Pros:

Ability to easily search our third-party collaborators, request information from them, and keep our relationships up to date Particularly helpful for signing documents and keeping supplier information accuate

Cons:

Sometimes the structure could be a bit rigid if we wanted changes