15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Tradify

Tradify is a job management platform + mobile app built for small businesses. Quote, schedule, track & invoice on the go - with ease!

Learn more about Tradify

Pros:

Extremely intuitive to use, aesthetically pleasing layout, seamless integration with our accounting software.

Cons:

Also the software slows up on big jobs which is frustrating.

Tradify ratings

4.7
4.8
4.4
4.7

9.3/10

Tradify has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 150 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Tradify before?

Paul
Paul
Business Owner in Australia
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Radical Tradify

Comments: Really helpful. Gave me an extended free trial period. Are very fast to call back wroth over the phone support. I'm not moving any time soon. Love this tooll and the company.

Pros:

Yes a great tool. I use it daily to quote and invoice my jobs as a Data Cabler. T connects with my suppliersso my invoices are costed correctly. I'm a happy camper. The mobile app is 100%functional. So I can invoice customers on the job if I need to and take payment via credit card via stripe. Easy.

Cons:

It's a pretty gripe but they are in new Zealand so that's an issue I suppose. Since I'm an Aussie. Lol.

Damian
Office Manager in Guernsey
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Island Electrics Ltd - How Tradify is helping the company to keep moving forward!

Comments: As stated Tradify is really aiding us to push the company forward and progress to where we want it to be, the guys on jobs like the fact that its there on there phones/smart devices meaning that timesheets don't need to be submitted at the end of the week as it previously was. The integrated invoicing system is really good as well. On the whole Island Electrics Ltd are very happy with Tradify

Pros:

The fact that its there on everyone's smart phones/devices. Its instant in terms of updating tasks/jobs

Cons:

The software is amazing and continues to help push the company forward, however we do feel that the reports that are included in the software aren't what we use on a daily,weekly or monthly basis. Also the software slows up on big jobs which is frustrating.

Darren
Owner in
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Fairly Easy to use, some good features, requires more development

Pros:

Saves time quoting and invoicing, layout of invoice looks good, the app is easy to use so the guys in the field don't struggle with how to use it.

Cons:

when sending emails from tradify the invoices at the bottom say sent from Tradify, i get that its a bit of free advertising for Tradify but I think it looks unprofessional from our point of view, you can download invoices and documents and send your usual way but that does take longer. Doesn't get updated very regularly I used a competitors software for a while (doesnt integrate with MYOB essentials which is why i stopped) and they did regular improvements every month. doesn't integrate with other calendar programs like google calendar. kits which i like where you basically put together regular things that you do ie install a double Power point, but you cant do this on invoices. Pages on the app do take a long time to load and a big downfall no offline access to the app.

Luuk
Electrician in New Zealand
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Ease of use, Value for money

Comments: Overall it is a great product, with all the features I required, at an affordable price.

Pros:

Ease of job tracking, notes feature is great, quoting, invoicing, its all straight forward

Cons:

Would be nice for it to be able to save when out of reception and update itself when you get back into reception

Ben

Tradify

Comments: We have loved using Tradify and have had a great experience with the team. Tech support is great too!

Pros:

Tradify is an easy to use all in one software for small to medium size companies. We found it quick and easy to learn and most things are self explanatory to figure out.

Cons:

The scheduler gets very busy when you get past a certain number of employees making it harder to see the workloads at a glance. However, you can use filters to view the day another way to see what's going on day by day.

Adam
Sole Trader in Australia
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed

Job Service Management and Quoting

Comments: Brilliant love it

Pros:

ITs easy to use, integrates with Xero, easy to add materials to your catalogue through supplier CSV files

Cons:

Id like to see future expansion on the service reports and being able to attach a image next to each task you have completed.

Sam
Electrician in Australia

New user

Comments: Been great so far no complaints.

Pros:

Easy to use! Customer support and help setting up was amazing!

Cons:

Is too expensive as you need to pay per user. Costing me double the price of servicem8 but they are identical software.

Adrian
Owner in Australia
Security & Investigations, Self Employed

Great product

Comments: Simple quotes, easy invoicing

Pros:

The ease of quoting and flexibility of use and the easy integration into my accounting software

Cons:

Few small glitches as I work through the different areas but I have found help is always available.

Sam
Electrician in UK
Construction, 2–10 Employees

I highly recommend Tradify for anyone running a business in construction.

Comments: Tradify has been excellent since day 1. Whilst on my free trial period I was contacted by the team at Tradify to offer assistance setting up the platform for my business and learning how to use it. I accepted this offer and had several calls at times that suited me, the staff were great and were able to make the process easy. I have been using this product for a while now and will continue to do so indefinitely. It has helped my business greatly and helped me manage all aspects of the business I find challenging such as quoting, time tracking, invoicing .

Pros:

Time Tracking - Easy to Keep track of different jobs, staff on jobs etc. Scheduling - Easy to drag appointments around on calendar and send job details to staff. Quoting / invoicing / purchases - Very well integrated, I quote using price list items i have set up, once quote confirmed I can create a purchase order in seconds, when its time to invoice it adds atomically again . Cross platform - I use on MacBook, iPad and iPhone works great on all devices. Linked to quickbooks - Ideal saves me having to do anything my accounts lady can deal with it in quickbooks as it atomically ends up there from Tradify. A nice feature I have found is that if I send a CERTIFICATE PDF via Airdrop on my iPad to iPhone I can import into Tradify and link to a job, helps keep all paper work organised.

Cons:

There aren't any that I'm aware of, its perfect.

Mattew
Electrician in UK

M P Electrical

Comments: its changed my business and improved it for the better

Pros:

The product is a very simple format, easy to use and understand. Easy to log and enter details

Cons:

More control of reminder emails re open approved documents in case of mistakes or amendments

Wade
Electrician in Australia
Utilities, Self Employed

Why does it need a title.

Comments: I am using it to try get myself organised, I have found myself being more organised since starting using the software, just need to make it a habit to use it constantly at each job instead of thinking, I will input that later.

Pros:

I really am still in the very early stages of learning the ins and outs of it.

Cons:

I would like to be able to receive alerts on my phone for jobs or appointments. The software allows me to double book my time, which seems strange, if I try to schedule an appointment that overlaps an already scheduled appointment, it should alert me, and not allow it. Perhaps this one, is something I am doing wrong, but If i make a kit, and want it at a certain billing rate, it always appears in my quote as the Standard billing rate.

Tradify Response

5 years ago

Hi Wade Thanks you very much for your feedback especially from a new user like yourself. We're so thrilled to hear that Tradify has helped you get more organised, and it definitely helps replacing pen & paper with Tradify wherever you go. Thank you also for letting us know your recommendation/request on how to improve on our platform. The ability to receive alerts to prevent double booking is something we can take onboard into our list of continuous improvement for our platform. However the issue you're having with special billing rate appearing in your quotes is something we can help you with. Could you please contact our support team ([email protected]) so we can show you how to get this working the way you need it to be? thanks again for your review. Kind Regards Tradify

Kerrie
Director in Barbados
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Absolutely essential to our business

Comments: We searched for a software. We were weroring jobs Down in a book and were not keeping up to date on reporting and invoicing. Once we our popularity grew and couldn't handle the hard written process, tradify stepped in an automated everything.

Pros:

Quoting, invoicing, job creation, reports with pictures, links to Xero for accounting

Cons:

I'd like the invoicing to have a coat of sales and cost to client feature just like in the quoting section

Helen
Administrator in Australia
, 2–10 Employees

Tradify has contributed to a huge reduction in my workload, my office is now virtually paperless

Comments: Administrative & Bookkeeping work has minimised substancially.

Pros:

I like that the bulk of administrative work is done outside the office by the technician on the road, being a business that is primarily a cash based business where cash is collected on site and receipted on site, that means minimal document handling in the office.

Cons:

There's not much I don't like about the software the only think I would like is more flexibility when emailing to clients, being able to choose from multiple emails stored in customer files and also being able to select from a number of internal company emails when sending documents.

Dave
owner in New Zealand
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Tradify changed how we operate

Comments: this has changed how we operated before. scheduling each staff member the night before so they know where they are heading. We can pull up a report with photos, hours etc from anywhere.

Pros:

Tradify enables us to keep everything together from Quoting to invoice, back costing and a record of each job completed

Cons:

not being able to send our customer a report with photos etc

Jesse
Director in Australia
Construction, Self Employed

Highly recommend!

Pros:

I found this software very easy to use with managing multiple jobs and creating quotes.

Cons:

I have yet to find any cons with this software!

Reif
Owner/operator in Australia
Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Job Management Made Easy

Comments: I use Tradify everyday, it makes my days run so much easier to plan my week and keep everything organised, I run a locksmith business and time management is extremely important. planning jobs and appointments doing quotes and being

Pros:

Planning jobs/appointments, being able to sync with my accounting software and the ability to do quotes and track job history :)

Cons:

Not any cons that I can think of.

Shona
Adminstrator in New Zealand
Utilities, 2–10 Employees

Tradify Streamlined

Comments: Tradify has been great for invoicing and job scheduling. The new platform is set to improve things further. Job scheduling is made easy as the job goes straight to the phone of the tradie and notifies them of where to next. Invoicing is made easy as the tradie enters his time as he goes so no more waiting for timesheets. Stock on board is also added at point of sale therefore no more forgotten/lost stock. Admin then adds the extras straight from supplier and the job is almost done. Then entered on invoice screen and email off it goes. Easy to check on the overdues end of each month as they are separated.

Pros:

easy to use, simple format, dashboard has useful info, help desk awesome, fast to reply and helpful.

Cons:

Not to much just little things, that get sorted if able to.

Jacob
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Essential tool in our business operation

Pros:

The way that we can easily and accurately manage our workload from enquiries through to invoicing stage.

Cons:

There are a few simple things which would be logical to improve upon eg: updating of the pricelist as costs are amended at invoicing stage.

Euan
Director in New Zealand

Great for keeping track

Pros:

Excellent scheduler. Easy navigation with multiple ways to arrive at the correct screen so its user friendly

Cons:

Gets quite slow at peak times. Price continues to rise to the point where ill be shopping around soon

Scott
Project Manager in New Zealand
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use software. Very happy with the customer support.

Comments: I can run my entire company through Tradify. From customer creation, to job programming to scheduling all the way to invoicing. It does it all.

Pros:

Its easy to use. Everything I need is all there. I can create jobs, customers, quotes and invoices all on the one system.

Gary
Managing Director in UK
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great software and excellent support!

Comments: Can’t fault the experience, really impressed with the continual improvements.

Pros:

It has everything you could possibly want to run the heart of your business.

Cons:

It can be difficult to learn from scratch.

Andy
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed

Great way to improve profitability

Comments: Really has helped me keep a track on time and costs. This alone pays for the subscription

Pros:

The fact that I can easily use it on whatever platform - phone, tablet & desktop. Integrates with our accounting software to improve billing.

Cons:

A bit clunky when it comes to the front end - creating estimates

Kevin
Director in Australia
Maritime, 2–10 Employees

Katons Review

Comments: Brilliant

Pros:

Its Easy to use and explain to new employess

Cons:

The Cost - is not super expensive but could be less for extra users.

Stu
Owner in Canada
Security & Investigations, 2–10 Employees

Tradify has simplified life for me!

Comments: I was finding myself spending too much time entering the same information into different spreadsheets, documents etc. I can now create a professional looking quote much easier, track quotes, transfer them to jobs, which I can assign to employees, track their time/materials better, then transfer that to a professional looking invoice easily. I love Tradify, and the customer support is great! They look for feedback to improve the product. Very satisfied and would/have recommend product to other colleagues.

Pros:

Simple to use, but yet the abilities are complex. It save s alot of time, and money, while keeping things organized.

Cons:

Not much. I don't like that the accounting side doesn't really accomodate with the 2 popular Canadian Accounting software platforms (Sage/Simply Accounting, Quick books). Seems more Australia/New Zealand Based) Naturally. I will create a small list of features I would like to see in the software and send to you.

Adam
Graphic Designer in Australia
Design, Self Employed

Great App!!!

Comments: I've looked at so many similar kinds of apps it's ridiculous. I've passed on so many for so many different reasons. Tradify was the one that made me stop looking.
With the two week trial I was able to see that it had every feature I needed, and the easy setup and continual use is excellent.
I'm a small business with only myself in the business, but even I can see how beneficial it is to a team for tracking time, expenses etc.
The best thing about it is the ease and speed of being able to add a new job, add notes/costs/times/details and then turning the costs into invoices so easily.
Fantastic app, well done Tradify!

Pros:

Quick set up and recording of times, costs, meetings etc. Tradify on a desktop browser looks great too. Clean layout and easy to navigate.

Cons:

I think the iOS app needs a bit more work. Yes it's functional, but design wise I think it could be better. Everything looks enlarged and blown up on the app, not particularly pretty