About HubSpot CRM

HubSpot CRM has everything you need to organize, track, and build better relationships with leads and customers.

Learn more about HubSpot CRM

Pros:

Hubspot is also great for start-up companies or small businesses, as the pricing is more fair and other CRM tools can be overkill for a small company.

Cons:

Now I am stuck with some defined items that are inaccessible.

HubSpot CRM ratings

4.4
4.4
4.3
4.3

8.4/10

HubSpot CRM has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 3,589 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used HubSpot CRM before?

Filter reviews (3,589)

Maurice
Maurice
Marketeer in Netherlands
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Hubspot CRM offers the most complete free Customer software for startups and professionals!

5.0 4 days ago New

Comments: After you get used to the workflow of Hubspot, it is a breeze to use. Contacting new clients and adding them to Hubspot in no time becomes second nature. I also have Hubspot open during a Zoom call. I add some notes that I want to discuss, and report the full call just after we closed the call.I can then directly send an email with all the details to the other party.

Pros:

The ease of use and many features that Hubspot CRM offers. Especially considering it is free software!I have tried out a few paid variants online, but I still fallback to Hubspot.That is saying something!

Cons:

This might sound weird, but sometimes the options are just to many. In my opinion, a solid and simple workflow helps with productivity. With Hubspot, you often have too many options for your needs. Not a huge problem, but I noticed that a few of my clients (including me in the beginning) where overwhelmed with all the features it offers.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: A combination of the pricing and lack of features in Zoho.Hubspot still has the most complete platform, and once you get used to its workflow, it becomes a valuable toolbox.

Switched From: Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: The amount of features Hubspot offers has not been beaten by any other software.And, it is free!

Sales Manager in Ireland

HubSpot Review

Comments: Use it every day and it's so easy to use and keeps us on track with everything we do from Lead management and deal tracking.

Pros:

Ease of use, and UI is fantastic. The deal management and simple UI of this make it so easy to use and keep on top of.

Cons:

Calling from it can be hit and miss. Sometimes you just get an error and other times the numbers are blocked because of spam, so have to then turn to the mobile version and there are no issues. I know it's a network thing but still, not very productive to have to switch between desktop & mobile versions to make calls

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM and Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Recommended by a Peer group and the replacement of Marketing tools, CRM and Deal management all in one pain of glass made making the change easy.

Switched From: ConnectWise Control

Tanner
Tanner
Account Executive in US

Worth the price if you need it all

Comments: It has been good, it was a smooth transition from Keap.

Pros:

One of the pros with Hubspot is that your organization can operate out of one system instead of stitching together 4-5 management tools for sales, marketing, and admin.

Cons:

The price point is really high when you start to get into all the package options and features. Users can certainly stitch together a cheaper monthly bill by using multiple dedicated services.

Alternatives Considered: ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: The email sending capabilities at Keap had become limited and the general customer service was not great.

Switched From: Keap

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: HubSpot had more sales and calendar booking options than ActiveCampaign.

Jay
Jay
CEO in US

Best of the best honestly

Comments: HubSpot to me is la crème de la crème - or the best. I'm an advocate for software when it comes to marketing automation and I've tried everything (infusionsoft, activecampaign, salesforce, marketo, HighLevel (although HighLevel is also phenomenal)

Pros:

Extremely clean user interface, it's amazing support staff, and the ability for you to go into very strong account based and better be automations when your business grows. It does allow you to scale pretty easily. It also have a free tier for almost every hub.

Cons:

As a start of this software can be a little expensive when you need some of it's more advanced features at an early stage

Alternatives Considered: HighLevel

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Mostly software consolidation but also ease of use

Switched From: ActiveCampaign and Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: To me high-level seems like it is amazing for marketing automation but not as CRM. Pipedrive seemed like a pipeline with automation - the CRM feature wasn't really as prominent as I personally would have liked it to be.

Dan
IT Admin in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

Hubspot is "The Hub"

Comments: We've made amazing sense of our mountains of data collected over the years, and Hubspot's great user interface has made it so much easier.

Pros:

I'm usually very leery about unified platforms, but Hubspot manages to make everything come together in a "hub". Email, social, customer management, you name it. Make sense of your data!

Cons:

Sometimes the procedures for things we were used to in other platforms are a little more involved. For example when we used a competing package for email list management and promotions, it was a trivial matter to re-send to people who did not read the initial email after a certain time. This feature exists in Hubspot but there's extra steps

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Mailchimp was growing to be very expensive due to their pricing model of amount of contacts. Hubspot was open to negotiations and crafted an excellent package.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Cost, ease of use, and also step-by-step instructions and training. Support is excellent!

Mashudu Hilary
Freelancer in South Africa
Computer Software, Self Employed

The best way to keep in touch with your customers

Comments: As a small business, managing my customers has become easier with HubSpot. Everything which I need for customer relationship management is offered by the software. I especially love the lead management feature because that is exactly what a business needs to grow and I can safely say, it has made a huge difference in the relationship which I have with my customers and clients.

Pros:

HubSpot CRM is really great because it furnishes my business with a straight forward and powerful software. It has provided me with a robust digital marketing instrument and an arsenal of tools which I can effectively use for sales and customer service. I love how it comes with a lightweight, yet proficient free starter plan for those who might want to take it for a test drive and see how it operates. The subscription model is great as it is divided in tiers so one can purchase a subscription which suits their budget and get features included in that tier. It offers a simple user interface and setting up and maintaining the software is trouble-free. Ever since I started using the software, attracting prospects is no longer a challenge, I am also able to to get business growth strategies through various marketing techniques. With the lead management feature, I can acquire and manage potential clients or custormers effortlessly. In addition to this, the software enables me to schedule appointments and or schedule a client with an advisor. The email management option helps me to send, reply track and organize emails all at once which improves customer service while saving me time. A combination of all these features and more makes me feel really satisfied with the software.

Cons:

I have noticed that some features require an upgrade which can become costly for small businesses. In addition to this, the free tier does not come with some automations. Lastly, it would have been nice if they offered a reccuring task option as it would aid in prompting a user to follow up with clients regularly thus the reminder feature leaves much to be desired.

Bryce
Marketing Director in US
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

Free Version is great, but when you pay you really pay

Pros:

I got the starter pack for all, CSM, Marketing, Sales, etc. for a low price but you pay out the nose for marketing contacts and the value added isn't actually a whole lot. You could use an emailing service like ConstantContact or even a cold email service and get better value for monthly cost for marketing contacts.

Cons:

I originally set it up to be an all-in-one location for all my contact management but that hasn't been the case, though it HAS replaced A LOT of my platforms, it still hasn't yet replaced Monday.com. Also, there isn't an easy way yo separate out the CRM, like compartmentalize people who are receiving marketing compared to clients that are specifically sales. This means having two HubSpot accounts, one for marketing and one for sales and it's just a hastle. If they only made a user-level experience where you could effectively hide all the marketing contacts from sales until they become sales contacts, it would fix the issue. The main thing we use Monday for is because it's a light platform we can push all our sales cycles through for task management. Where as HubSpot still has a poor sales pipeline management system with updates that should have been done YEARS ago. I've seen people complaining about the "NEW DEAL" tag with all new sales deals since 2018 and it's still there! Crazy to me this pipeline system need aa revamp and it's not getting enough attention

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: HubSpot seemed to be an all-in-one solution, but didn't pan out that way. Though it definitely replaced Pipedrive, couldn't replace Monday.

Switched From: Pipedrive and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Ease of use, contact updating is easy and their support is great.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Senior Director Of Digital Marketing in US
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Improve the relationship with your customers

Comments: It is an automated software that will help you with the organization of your company's activities, you can schedule appointments, schedule a client with an advisor, broadcast messages, create notes on each client, send mass emails, make calls, you can create tasks to have the optimal follow-up of this client, history of orders placed.

Pros:

I like HubSpot because it's a complete CRM platform, you can organize your sales, marketing campaigns, customer service. This software will help you with the business growth strategy through marketing techniques. It has several plans and different costs. You will be able to obtain information in graphs of the statistics, access your contacts that are being created (clients, prospects), you can assign advisors to attend to each client. Something that I can highlight is that it has a free version in which you can use several tools, ideal for those who want to see how it works, and then there is the Enterprise version, which is the most complete and to handle more contacts.

Cons:

It is a platform with many functions and at first it can be difficult to understand, it would be nice if it had more tutorials on the platform to guide you through the different tools

CSO in US
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Implemented HubSpot Repeatedly

Comments: I have implemented HubSpot in 5 different places. It's the best one out there, and I have looked at them all. Their sales teams irk me... representative of a normally VERY junior and inexperienced staff... often felt like "it's all children working there" Overall -- it is still the best and easiest to use product in the space!

Pros:

Ease of use - it's obvious the way an iPhone or Google would be Easy Integrations Many capabilities and integrations Fast start - up and running in no time flat

Cons:

The sales team -- they just don't seem to really get Enterprise B2B CMO level folks... (in my experience!) They have gotten chincy with on-boarding... used to be "all you need", now rather restricted timing Customer Success people are good - but they're spread VERY thin with 100s of accounts

Alternatives Considered: ActiveCampaign, Pardot and Marketo Engage

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: ease of use, integrations, functionality

Switched From: Act-On

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: ease of use, integrations, reliability

Senior Product Manager in US
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

HubSpot: A Swiss army knife that costs less than an arm and a leg, initially

Comments: My experience has been great with HubSpot. The Free and Starter plans offers excellent values and functionalities. Instead of piecing numerous SaaS bits together, HubSpot is a one-stop shop that is backed up by a reputable company and a lively ecosystem. Its knowledge base is vast and I can usually find solutions on its FAQs or HubSpot Certified Group on Facebook. You cannot reliably claim that about other niche platforms.

Pros:

I got introduced to HubSpot via its Academy, which truly has excellent educational content. HubSpot brilliantly uses its extensive knowledge base to attract prospects. As part of the InBound Sales certification course, I started using its CRM and gradually expanded to other service offerings, such as the self-service scheduling and chatbot services. What HubSpot does better than its competitors is the seamless integration between the mega modules (Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, CMS and Operations). You can start with as few/many modules as your organization needs.

Cons:

The Starter Plans are cost-effective ($0 to $45/month) but shoot up astronomically as you scale up to Professional and Enterprise tiers ($360+/month). A more economical tier between Starter and Professional would better serve the SMBs.

Avash
Avash
IT Director in Nepal

Easy to Use Popular CRM for Small Businesses

Comments: Hubspot CRM is an awesome CRM that I have set up for many of my clients with small businesses. It is easy to deploy, implement and maintain. It is also easy to teach to clients and there is low learning time. While not the most powerful CRM, it is surely the best CRM for small businesses. I highly recommend Hubspot CRM to every small business.

Pros:

The best thing about Hubspot is that it's a very popular CRM software so if you run into any problems - you can easily find someone to help you. Also, there are a lot of tutorials available online from where one can easily learn Hubspot CRM. Another thing that I like very much about Hubspot CRM is that it has a free plan which can be highly beneficial for small businesses and startups. Even the free plan is competitive with paid plans of other CRMs. Another pro about Hubspot CRM is its intuitive workflow and user interface that makes it very easy to learn and use. Hubspot CRM is the easiest CRM I have ever used - even someone with below-average knowledge can use Hubspot easily with proper training. Also, there are a lot of integrations available like WordPress integration which is very useful for small businesses.

Cons:

There aren't many advanced features available with Hubspot CRM so it may not be very useful for large businesses. Also, there is a free plan and there is quite an expensive plan - I wish there was something in the middle as not everyone can afford it. However, one can start with a free plan and move to a paid plan when needed so that's a plus.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Hubspot was recommended by many of my co-workers and also has a free plan.

Eugene
Eugene
Project Manager in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Best CRM for small businessess

Comments: Overall this is by far the best and easiest system to implement in a small business. It allows us at a low cost to track leads, manage contacts, and close deals.

Pros:

HubSpot is easy to deploy and setup. I like that you can upload an excel spreadsheet with all your contacts and companies into HubSpot which allows the data to be quickly synced. In addition there are a lot of integrations available for various commonly used business software with HubSpot such as WooCommerce and WordPress.

Cons:

There are some features that are limited or not available depending on your level of membership plan.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Service Cloud and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Tracking everything in excel became unmanageable.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: HubSpot was the perfect fit for our business and it allowed us to take advantage of a full blown CRM system at a low cost.

Pieter
Developer in South Africa

HubSpot is Awesome!

Comments: Bad things aside, I genuinely love this product, so much that it is a running joke at my work. It is such a powerful tool that can do so much. I could write about everything it does and can do, but I don't think there is enough space here. So in short... I highly recommend HubSpot.

Pros:

It is an incredibly powerful CRM, Marketing, Sales and Service tool. It can integrate easily with many platforms including Mailchimp, Shopify and WordPress from its extensive app marketplace. The software is also incredibly easy to use and it gives you a clear overview of your leads and clients as well as allowing you to store quotes, files, emails... basically, everything about your lead/client in one easy to access place. The workflows is another amazing tool as it allows you to easily set up an automated marketing funnel for each new lead. I prefer their workflow creation tool, to that of Salesforce, whose automations takes a while for my brain to understand. The HubSpot Academy is another amazing feature that teaches you about almost any aspect of growing your business.

Cons:

I only have a few issues with the program. 1) As of date there is no recurring task option yet, so you can't for example set up a reminder to call a client every week for example. I do know that they are busy working on this though. 2) The pricing model is a bit steep, you can either go with the "cheap" plan, which gives you limited features or the "expensive" plans which allow you access to all the awesome features. There is no mid-tier plan for a company that finds the starter plan to limiting and who cannot yet afford the professional or enterprise plans. an example at the time of writing: the marketing hub costs $20 per month for the starter plan and then jumps to $800 per month for the professional plan.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Automotive CRM

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Because of their free tier which gives you access to so many great tools already. To my knowledge, there aren't many other platforms out there that are that easy to use that come with a free plan.

Joseph
Co-founder in Canada
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

Perfect for our startup

Comments: Brilliant, the fact that we can start on a free plan and do so much makes us think that hubspot could be a really good long term partner for us.

Pros:

We love the fact that hubspot enables us to keep a track of all our clients in one place. Not only that but it is free. The ability to import data from excel files allowed us to upgrade our database from google sheets and combined with hubspots internal database elevated the amount of info we had to hand on our clients, taking it to the next level. We also love the fact you can create custom fields to the CRM and different views for different users.

Cons:

To be honest there is very little not to like with hubspot, in terms of the various software we use, this one takes a little more time to implement and adopt, however once customized to your requirements it becomes way easier to use.

Alternatives Considered: Airtable

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Google sheets is limited and to get it to the level of customization we have with hubspot would be a nightmare. Hubspot is also really user friendly compared to google sheets.

Switched From: Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: We really like the interface for hubspot and the fact they have a lot of basic data on clients, like number of employees etc..

Mike
Partner in US
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees

Easy, Simple and Affordable (as far as CRMs go)

Comments: Great. My recommendation would be to invest a few hours reading and watching HubSpot academy to understand how Lead Management and Deal Tracking works, set-up your dashboard the best you can and then go from there. Diving into without the initial investment will lead to a jumbled mess. HubSpot gives you a lot of powerful tools and features to help with the initial set-up

Pros:

HubSpot is one of the few CRMs you can pick up and use without professional help. Using only their videos and articles, you can get a simple, powerful and FREE CRM set-up. The set-up does take time and patience but it's possible. Contrast that vs. Salesforce and other CRMs which I've found to be basically impossible to use for a starter CRM.

Cons:

HubSpot's email integration is powerful but it's task management / reminder features could use a lot of work. I can't complain too much since it's free. HubSpot's pricing is also confusing since there are so many features and bundles to choose from. It's especially confusing since they also offer marketing services. Also the dashboard isn't the most intuitive to set-up. All of these above comments are on an absolute basis. When compared to other CRMs I found HubSpot lightyears easier.

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive and Close

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: HubSpot had better recommendations

Switched From: Streak

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Cheaper, better, easier

Jill
Marketing Operations Specialist in US
Packaging & Containers, 501-1,000 Employees

Good value

Comments: HubSpot has worked well for us as far as contact management. With our sales and marketing team emails tied to the software, we are able to capture communication to all of our customer contacts. The only issue is that if other individuals are copied on a communication, they are automatically entered in our CRM. We could certainly turn that feature off, but then there is the issue of if sales/marketing would remember to log the important things or if they would get in the habit of not logging anything at all.

Pros:

The biggest priorities for us when we implemented HubSpot in our company were to be able to realize revenue to marketing activities as well as have a better forecasting method for our sales team.

Cons:

The biggest con for us is that we clearly stated we needed to be able to tie revenue back to marketing activities. This function is possible with the platform sold to us; however it is very manual. In order for us to have the automated version that we requested, we would need to pay a significant amount more than we currently are. This was a mistake made on the part of the salesperson and we were offered a discount to enable the feature; however it is still very costly so we are performing this task manually at the moment.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365, Pardot, Salesforce Sales Cloud and SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Price was a large factor. Salesforce and SugarCRM were both excellent contenders and we would have been happy to choose either of them. The biggest factor in our decision was price. The other factor was Salesforce and Sugar have software that is so powerful, we felt the built-in features we would pay for may not be utilized enough to receive an ROI.

Juan
Juan
Growth marketer in Argentina

The go-to-CRM for startups growing from small to medium fast

Comments: An exceptional CRM. There is a reason why it stands out as the leading CRM tool for SMBs. Value for money can get a little expensive. However, it probes worthy after using the extensive suite of features.

Pros:

Hubspot is effortless to set up and intuitive to use. It counts with a vast array of features although it doesn't get overly complicated. Its B2B library is extensive and you can find plentiful resources to learn about B2B sales and marketing

Cons:

I wished its automation and reporting tools were more developed. The workflow feature does provide automation capabilities, however after entering into some depth, it eventually falls short.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Hubspot was more known. It integrated better with Google suite

Switched From: Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Hubspot was cheaper

CEO in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Easy and cost efficient way to get started - solid functionality

Comments: Overall HubSpot was an easy and free way to get started with a CRM. Salesforce is expensive and may not be necessary at the outset, HubSpot is a way to address all issues a salesperson needs when getting started without having to worry about cost, a key issue at the time of your company formation.

Pros:

Cost is great, free to get started with a low number of users. It actually delivers high value overall regardless of cost. The system has a wide variety of functionality, yet is well thought out. The way the deal pipeline is constructed allows for the flexibility in how you can label and name your deal stages and how many you want to create. The drag and drop interface is intuitive, but a little slow. Fields for individual users were customizable and overall HubSpot allows for a lot of flexibility.

Cons:

Managing the deal pipeline can be cumbersome, difficult to read the titles of the deals when there are many of them, and the responsiveness of the platform could be improved a bit. The drag and drop isn't always responsive and can be very slow.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: GoldMine is terrible, antiquated, and unbelievable that my previous company even used it. Something Cloud based is obviously required for so many reasons, and the fields and everything about Goldmine were not flexible.

Switched From: GoldMine Premium Edition

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Salesforce is expensive, and HubSpot not only is free but also it has a lot of enterprise level features.

Renato
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Awesome CRM for Small Business

Comments: Overall good experience with lots of features that I use to keep track of different lists of contacts and touch points.

Pros:

Easy to import contacts and create lists based on type of contact or type of connection. I like using this feature for organizing my contacts. I also like that I can add other users so that I can see the chronological timeline of all contact points without having to interact with the employee. Able to send emails out to specific lists easily and quickly.

Cons:

Challenging to use at first and I had to google a lot to figure out how to use all the features. Issues with importing and not seeing all of the information but was about to troubleshoot on my own. Not super intuitive to start out.

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: More features in hubspot to connect with landing pages and emailing.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Gerhard
Selfemployed Manager in Austria
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Super easy to use

Comments: Pro:Marketing, sales, customer service - these are the three main pillars of HubSpot. The live chat tool in the service area is not only easy to set up and manage, it also offers chat bot features that help you improve the customer experience on your website. The paid version of HubSpot also adds more options to the live chat tool, allowing you to customize it to meet your needs. Now for the negative: Since HubSpot CRM is still relatively new compared to other major CRM vendors, not all functions and features are fully developed yet. However, there is good news here as well: HubSpot regularly launches updates and strives to constantly develop its platform.

Pros:

Start using free, and scale up as you grow, that is relaxed HubSpot's sales tools reside in your inbox (Gmail an so on), so you don't have to switch back and forth between different windows and can get your work done faster. By connecting your email account to HubSpot, you can send and receive emails to and from all your contacts directly in their HubSpot contact record.

Cons:

It very well may be seen that the product was brought into the world in the USA. On the off chance that, for instance, leads are consequently moved to Hubspot and the information is enhanced, then, at that point a few names become something different or the designing of the telephone numbers isn't completed effectively. We have essentially deactivated this capacity and make the leads physically or incorporate them by means of structures.

Eric R.
Eric R.
Chief Product Officer in US

HubSpot CRM is excellent but they are modulizing features out, making it less powerful

Comments: I've brought HubSpot CRM to four different companies so far, but I am getting frustrated about how often HubSpot keeps trying to remove functionality and making me pay for this and that over and over to use basic functionality should not cost more.

Pros:

HubSpot is excellent for small companies, especially if you can get the startup discount for 90% off for your first year. The system has a lot of power and plugs pleasantly into a lot of the coolest, best products (gmail, Slack). The system's Contacts and Companies systems are well-done and extend pleasantly into other parts of the platform.

Cons:

HubSpot needs to stop removing features and putting them into new licenses that cost more money. I realize they need to make money but they're turning it into this nickel-and-dime situation that makes the system more complicated. It's starting to feel like a bloated mess like Saleforce. I think someone nimble is going to come in and outdo them if they aren't careful.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Agile CRM, NetSuite, SuiteDash, SugarCRM and Copper

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: HubSpot was cheaper and was more approachable than the customization nightmare that is Salesforce.com.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: The feature set was stronger and we were approved for the startup discount.

Yann
Yann
Consultant in Finland
Online Media, Self Employed

A solid tool to get started with CRM

Comments: Using HubSpot CRM in my business has been crucial because it has enabled me to have a better understanding of what's happening. There's a database of contacts I can nurture, a sales pipeline that shows me what's happening and tasks that make sure that no more leads fall through the cracks and that no more deal opportunities are lost because they aren't being pursued. I highly recommend HubSpot CRM to someone who's just getting started with Customer Relationship Management or even a small business owner that want to leverage a sale to manage leads and the sales pipeline and who wants to do so on a shoestring budget (since the tool is mostly free).

Pros:

I really liked the fact that HubSpot CRM is relatively easy to use. The navigation between its different sections and features is smooth. The sales pipeline section lets you visualize what's happening at each of your stage pipeline, while sale forecasting shows you how much you'd be making if you were to close X deals. Plus, there's the smartphone app: an excellent way to keep track of things and carry out tasks even when you're on the go.

Cons:

The main con of HubSpot CRM, which is also true to other "freemium" tools, is the fact that certain features are only available in the paid plan(s). That's not an issue itself but the fact that the paid plans don't cost $10 or so each month but much more than that, may lead a user facing the question 'Do I want to invest that kind of money or should I look for a more inexpensive option?'

Alternatives Considered: Pipedrive

Leandro
Leandro
Owner in Costa Rica
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

A potentially excellent business suite that is hobbled by its numerous pay walls.

Comments: Hubspot has a great starter plan that resembles the software mechanics of "free to play" games. The user interface, integrations, email marketing, contact tracking are all top-notch. As long as your contact list is small, your email marketing frequency is sparse, and you don't need automations, you are good to go. However, as your business grows, your contact list will swell up, your email marketing frequency will increase, and the sheer scale will make automations a must. So what is the problem? Let me give you a quick rundown of the costs involved, using 2000 contacts as a baseline: 1) You can start with Free CRM (0$ per month)
2) Once you need a few features, then you upgrade to Growth Starter suite, which is $67 per month, or $804 per year.
3) However, once you need automations, you must upgrade to professional growth suite, which is currently at $1253 a month, with a 12-month commitment, and a $3500 onboarding fee, which means your yearly costs balloons to $18536.
I do not think there is any startup or early business that can afford to increase its marketing and CRM suite costs by 2300%. Most businesses must make the painful decision to abandon Hubspot and find new CRM suites which much more reasonable cost escalations. By then, you lost 1 to 2 months migrating, learning the new tools and onboarding your team. In all, a great tool for enterprises. Small businesses and startups, just stay way. You will end up regretting it just as your business begins to take off.

Pros:

The email marketing tool is very robust, almost as good as Mailchimp (but falling short in design options). The ability to upload PDFs and other documents brings two benefits: not having to re-edit permalinks when you do file changes and, most important of all, tracking. Hubspot allows you to track document opens, which is useful to measure lead engagement and segment further. The service ticket is very good and allows and admin to track the team. The CRM app is as good as any other. The Gmail add-on is great for tracking, as is the Outlook plug-in. However, at my time of use, the outlook plugin was only available for Windows. Customer support was top-notch, too. The few times I had some issues, I had access to a huge library of FAQs sites, and the chat support was quick as well. They do tend to try to upsell you some features while they help you, but it is not too naggy.

Cons:

The amount of emails you can send is directly related to how many contacts you have. If you send a lot of them per month, you will need to increase your contact list to twice of what you have, just to be able to send more marketing campaigns. Business who send heavily segmented mails depend on this for dear life.

Alternatives Considered: ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Recommendation from a Inbound marketing expert.

Marketing Technologist in US

Easy, adaptable and scalable

Comments: Overall love it. I have used various CRM's (Sales Force, Netsuite, ActiveCampaign, Piper Drive and Cooper) and hands down I love HubSpot the best.

Pros:

Bottom line it can work for a solopreneur all the way to a global enterprise. The ability for it to scale with you as your business grows is a big plus. Don't all CRM's do this? Some do but the difference with HubSpot CRM is it is made simple and built in away that you can use it out of the box without overwhelm but can also scale it to complex scenarios that work for your organization. Many CRM's I personally find are too complex initially and don't enable the user to get the most out of the features they should be using. As my title says "easy, adaptable and scale." HubSpot delivers on these and are the key aspects of what I like the most about the software.

Cons:

Let's be clear there is no perfect product out there and they all have their pros and cons. Some of least favorite parts about HubSpot CRM: - Contacts vs. Company data and not being able to sync information across all properties (I have written many complex workflows to try and solve for this its just a lot of work and you have extra properties that don't make sense to have). - Not being able to sync data to a dropdown property from a single-text field or vice versa. Here is an example you have an individual that you don't know there Country. You have set up the country property to be a dropdown to use in forms on your site to keep it clean and the naming accurate as you can pull in HubSpot preloaded country list. An individual comes into your database where you don't know the individuals country but based on their domain HubSpot populates their company country. You can cross reference this with the IP country code as well. You can't copy the Company country to the Contact country because they are not the same property type. You go to create a list of contacts from the United States and it becomes a difficult process to keep up to date. The easiest solution is export import which shouldn't be the solution. - Opt-in and subscriptions for GDPR is a little clunky and could use more work for simplicity

Alternatives Considered: ActiveCampaign, NetSuite, Salesforce Sales Cloud and Keap

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Clunky and didn't integrate well with our marketing and sales processes connected to our website.

Switched From: NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: We choose HubSpot for the full ecosystem and scalability. We purchased it as a small company and moved our website, marketing and sales software and CRM to HubSpot to have all the tools integrated effectively. The thing to remember is this might cost more in visible dollars spent but once you start spending significant man hours integrating and connecting more systems the time and resources add up for that.

Joseph
Sales Manager in US

Nothing compares to HubSpot

Comments: The overall experience with HubSpot is such that I've tried to get it implemented company-wide! I preach HubSpot whenever the opportunity arises! It's all so very smooth, connected and automatic, and it saves me time every day so I can focus on selling and not as much on administrating.

Pros:

Aside from the overall ease of use, I love that HubSpot connects with my Outlook and automatically logs and tracks emails. And that I get notifications on my phone when an email is opened. I can then call that person at that time while I'm on their mind, and my HubSpot app automatically logs the call and gives me a chance to jot a few notes too. Or perhaps they open the email and click the link to my HubSpot meeting scheduler...even better! It's all so blessedly interconnected and automatic!

Cons:

I wouldn't say the task manager is bad, but sometimes I wish I had the ability to prioritize tasks..

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: There are more benefits to using HubSpot, not the least of which is that it's cloud based, so I can use it anywhere on any device. I couldn't do that with ACT!

Switched From: Act!

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: HubSpot had all the features I was looking for and more! Plus it has a free level that is very generous, and one I tried it, I was hooked!