15 years helping Canadian businesses

About HubSpot CRM

HubSpot CRM has everything you need to organize, track, and build better relationships with leads and customers.

Learn more about HubSpot CRM

Pros:

Hubspot is also great for start-up companies or small businesses, as the pricing is more fair and other CRM tools can be overkill for a small company.

Cons:

Now I am stuck with some defined items that are inaccessible.

HubSpot CRM ratings

4.4
4.4
4.3
4.3

8.4/10

HubSpot CRM has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 4,153 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used HubSpot CRM before?

Filter reviews (4,152)

Julijana
Julijana
Head of Central Ops in Portugal
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Great CRM, but awful reporting

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The system is very easy to set up and use. The card population is easy and intuitive. Super easy data migration from a previous provider.

Cons:

During the sales calls we were shown that we could report on almost anything, however once we subscribed we saw that the customization of the reports is minimal and it is based on already pre-set measurements, hence there is no option to customize them at the end of the day. That is really frustrating as we need to know what our sales funnel is for instance. Instead we get duplicate data because the same deal is counted in the different stage it was located in.

Halle
Product Manager in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Hubspot is a tool that I rave to anyone that will listen, it has been a gamechanger to our business!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I really like how easy to use it is, how to pull data and reports and create workflows and automations. Also, there customer support is top notch!

Cons:

I honestly don't have any cons, other than it is pricier than some other CRM tools we looked at but we used it as our one stop shop for Sales, Marketing and Support.

Oscar
Owner in UK
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Stay Away! after 5 years they removed features to force me to pay more!

Comments: After using HubSpot for over 5 years today I have learnt they have downgraded my plan and are requesting I pay over £300 to get access to features I previously had as part of my plan.
This toxic practice is called grandfathering purposely letting you get dependant on the features provided then removing them abruptly causing devastating issues for your business.
Avoid this company at every possible turn go to anything other than these guys their support is terrible they don't care about your business and desperately want to trap you. for anyone in the same situation any new crm, provider provides migration away from them

Pros:

Used to be good before they sneakily revoked features

Cons:

Sneaky grandfathering practices removing features to force you to pay more money

Daniel
Co-Owner in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

A simple CRM solution that packs a big punch

Pros:

HubSpot seamlessly integrates with our website platform (Wordpress) to capture leads and automagically create a prospective customer flow. There are times when our Wordpress contact plugins become inoperable and our HubSpot integration acts as a safety net. Our business uses the free tier of service and even that provides us with a lot of power and essential components of our client relationship framework.

Cons:

The trickiest thing about HubSpot is figuring out exactly which options to implement because the feature set is so robust. That said, it's a snap to get things up and running with a basic setup and then scale up from there. For me, that meant utilizing it to capture new inbound leads, seeing what other options the software gave us, and then customizing a pipeline from there.

Lucien
Head of GTM in UK
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Hubspot is a industry leading CRM and a must for fast scaling businesses

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Absolutely fantastic and highly recommend. Hubspot has scaled from 4 of us to over 200 and they are constantly innovating.

Pros:

We initially chose Hubspot because of it's user friendly UX/UI. We have now used Hubspot for over 6 years and it has been incredible constantly ensuring they added features that keep up with our growth. The CRM itself is still very intuitive. The reporting and dashboards feature is fantastic. There are so many pro's but it's hard to beat Hubspot for it's intuitive design and use.

Cons:

The challenge we've had with Hubspot it the placement of critical features in different pricing categories. We are constantly finding that critical features are in different pricing tiers.

Mary
Mary
Credit Control and Customer Relations Executive in Kenya
Pharmaceuticals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

HubSpot CRM offers an efficient route for better customer relations.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has been a very productive experience with HubSpot CRM. As a customer relations execute, it allows me and my team to effectively manage our customers information and details from a single place.

Pros:

HubSpot CRM helps bring together all customer credit information under one place for easier management. It is has a great user interface that makes things easy to use. The customer engagement tools like the live chat makes it easy to share updates with customers in real time.

Cons:

There has been zero things not to like about HubSpot CRM. It performs exceptionally well.

Brent
Head of Marketing in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

A great tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Ease of use is high. And it's easy to put together new standard procedures for Sales and Marketing. Custom report building is fairly simple, and customer support is very good.

Cons:

It took a while to understand how to build reports for our business. And it was close to impossible to find support for integrations that could truly help us achieve results. There are a great deal of changes happening regularly with product improvements which is great, but it can often be difficult to make sure you're getting the most out of the tool.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Cool interface and friendly design

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall great experience and easy for consultants to follow and keep track on what they are working on.

Pros:

Easy to track the reports and activities with time stamps. The team would know who handled or took an action on the insurance tasks

Cons:

Sometimes I forget to save or if there is a network issue , all of your work go in vain.

Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Integrated CRM with landing pages and automations

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The best features of Hubspot are the integration of landing pages, contact database and workflows. There´s no need to use additional software and it´s all included and ready to use.

Cons:

The fact that the landing page templates are not easily customizable. I would have liked to see optimized landing pages.

Lucas
Lucas
Director in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great CRM with alot of features

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We loved that we could use it to not only track sales, contacts etc but also build forms and embed them into our website and capture further leads, along with calendar bookings.

Cons:

Its a beast of a product and there is a lot of features and this can be very daunting.

Josh
Manager in UK
Sports, 2–10 Employees

Great free tools, with great additions in Sales Starter

Comments: Using Sequences has saved a huge amount of time when it comes to following up leads. We can set an automated sequence of 5 personalised emails to send at different times if that customer doesn't get back in touch with us. This has increased our sales success and potential for sales, whilst saving time due to the automated process. The free knowledge transfer and recommendations from HubSpot are also really influential, especially for inbound marketing.

Pros:

Keeping track of the customers that we deal with is the best thing in Hubspot for us. Each customer has a contact card created where we can add all their details, but also customise our own fields like the product prospects we have (what we are trying to sell to them), then the products they have bought (hopefully). This helps us to better understand our clients and keep on top of current users and potentials. In the Sales Starter, being able to use sequences saves a huge amount of time with email follow ups and has lead to more sales as it can automate different messages going back out to the customers if they don't reply.

Cons:

The full integration with calendars and email is simple if you have a Gmail account, but is trickier if you have independant emails. We can get our emails synced up and use the Outlook integration well, but you can only get the Calendar integration to work if you create a full Gmail account.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: The free tool offering of HubSpot gave a lot more features than others on the market. We then got comfortable with the tool and expanded to Sales Starter to benefit from Sequences.

Ian
Principal Account Executive & Head of Channel Sales in US
Security & Investigations, 11–50 Employees

Best CRM Hands Down

Comments: HubSpot CRM is the absolute best sales tool on the market....and it's not particularly close. I've, unfortunately, worked for companies that use other, clunky CRMs, making it so much harder to do my job. Whether it's reporting, pipeline management, or simply contacting a client or prospect, HubSpot gives you all the tools, and then some, to crush your sales goals.

Pros:

The ease of use is fantastic, making for a simple, hit-the-ground-running kind of user experience. I also really enjoy the use of reporting dashboards and report builder. This helps me evaluate deal activity on a detailed, property based level that helps improve our sales abilities.

Cons:

No cons really. In my 3.5 years of using HubSpot, I've yet to hit a speed bump or find something that impedes my ability to manage and sell.

Alternatives Considered: Neon CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: I switched companies, and the new companies I've worked for have gone to HubSpot. It's the best CRM out there.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: HubSPot was chosen because it had all of the tools we needed, as well as a plethora of integrations that it allow it to connect to all other software and services we use. It's the best, plain and simple.

KEVIN M
Director of Marketing in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

HubSpot nails the basics of CRM

Comments: Email Marketing (5x growth in influenced customers in year 1)
Lead Management (built scalable process for lead management with complex sales channel)
Pipeline Management (increased pipeline process adoption)

Pros:

CRM software is generally cumbersome for sales reps. HubSpot software focused on UX and adoption over being able to be customized to handle every possible use case. Mobile app is also solid. Workflows are easy to use and powerful.

Cons:

-Reporting capabilities are very limited (easy to get data in, difficult to summarize well to drive process adherence) -Company to customer relationship hierarchy lacks ability to support more complex business models - and B2B companies.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM , Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: better UX, speed and mobile capabilities

Switched From: Zoho CRM , Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Price / Value. HubSpot better match our current needs and organizational maturity. Also the benefits of running Marketing Automation and CRM from single platform.

Brandon
Brandon
Marketing Content Manager in US
Biotechnology, 501–1,000 Employees

Intuitive and User-Friendly Without Being Overwhelming

Comments: I was a critic of HubSpot before I was a strong supporter. It takes some time to understand the platform before you can fully see the possibilities. If starting a company from scratch, I would definitely put HubSpot CRM on the short list.

Pros:

HubSpot focuses on simplicity and usability rather and competing for the most features or customization. The primary requirement of our CRM implementation project was ease-of-use and HubSpot has not dissapointed. And while there are limitations compared to other platforms, the feature set is growing all the time and we don't have to rely on third party integrators or developers. It is also easy to scale up quickly.

Cons:

HubSpot has a strong culture and jargon. To truly understand the platform, you will need to learn to think like the HubSpot community which can use different terms and methodologies. The platform also seems to be biased mostly towards B2B service companies, however you can make it work for just about any type of organization. Also keep in mind that while the CRM starts as "free," the cost increases quickly as you leverage the other HubSpot "hubs."

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: MS Dynamics was clunky, buggy, and had an outdated user interface. I'm sure a custom integrator could have smoothed out some of the issues, but who wants to deal with that cost and complexity.

Switched From: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: HubSpot had all the core features we needed at a lower cost without the need for a third-party integrator.

Joseph
Sales Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Nothing compares to HubSpot

Comments: The overall experience with HubSpot is such that I've tried to get it implemented company-wide! I preach HubSpot whenever the opportunity arises! It's all so very smooth, connected and automatic, and it saves me time every day so I can focus on selling and not as much on administrating.

Pros:

Aside from the overall ease of use, I love that HubSpot connects with my Outlook and automatically logs and tracks emails. And that I get notifications on my phone when an email is opened. I can then call that person at that time while I'm on their mind, and my HubSpot app automatically logs the call and gives me a chance to jot a few notes too. Or perhaps they open the email and click the link to my HubSpot meeting scheduler...even better! It's all so blessedly interconnected and automatic!

Cons:

I wouldn't say the task manager is bad, but sometimes I wish I had the ability to prioritize tasks..

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: There are more benefits to using HubSpot, not the least of which is that it's cloud based, so I can use it anywhere on any device. I couldn't do that with ACT!

Switched From: Act!

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: HubSpot had all the features I was looking for and more! Plus it has a free level that is very generous, and one I tried it, I was hooked!

Eric R.
Eric R.
Chief Product Officer in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

HubSpot CRM is excellent but they are modulizing features out, making it less powerful

Comments: I've brought HubSpot CRM to four different companies so far, but I am getting frustrated about how often HubSpot keeps trying to remove functionality and making me pay for this and that over and over to use basic functionality should not cost more.

Pros:

HubSpot is excellent for small companies, especially if you can get the startup discount for 90% off for your first year. The system has a lot of power and plugs pleasantly into a lot of the coolest, best products (gmail, Slack). The system's Contacts and Companies systems are well-done and extend pleasantly into other parts of the platform.

Cons:

HubSpot needs to stop removing features and putting them into new licenses that cost more money. I realize they need to make money but they're turning it into this nickel-and-dime situation that makes the system more complicated. It's starting to feel like a bloated mess like Saleforce. I think someone nimble is going to come in and outdo them if they aren't careful.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM , Agile CRM , NetSuite , SuiteDash , SugarCRM and Copper

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: HubSpot was cheaper and was more approachable than the customization nightmare that is Salesforce.com.

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: The feature set was stronger and we were approved for the startup discount.

Jill
Marketing Operations Specialist in US
Packaging & Containers, 501–1,000 Employees

Good value

Comments: HubSpot has worked well for us as far as contact management. With our sales and marketing team emails tied to the software, we are able to capture communication to all of our customer contacts. The only issue is that if other individuals are copied on a communication, they are automatically entered in our CRM. We could certainly turn that feature off, but then there is the issue of if sales/marketing would remember to log the important things or if they would get in the habit of not logging anything at all.

Pros:

The biggest priorities for us when we implemented HubSpot in our company were to be able to realize revenue to marketing activities as well as have a better forecasting method for our sales team.

Cons:

The biggest con for us is that we clearly stated we needed to be able to tie revenue back to marketing activities. This function is possible with the platform sold to us; however it is very manual. In order for us to have the automated version that we requested, we would need to pay a significant amount more than we currently are. This was a mistake made on the part of the salesperson and we were offered a discount to enable the feature; however it is still very costly so we are performing this task manually at the moment.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365 , Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement , Salesforce Sales Cloud and SugarCRM

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Price was a large factor. Salesforce and SugarCRM were both excellent contenders and we would have been happy to choose either of them. The biggest factor in our decision was price. The other factor was Salesforce and Sugar have software that is so powerful, we felt the built-in features we would pay for may not be utilized enough to receive an ROI.

Avash
Avash
IT Director in Nepal
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to Use Popular CRM for Small Businesses

Comments: Hubspot CRM is an awesome CRM that I have set up for many of my clients with small businesses. It is easy to deploy, implement and maintain. It is also easy to teach to clients and there is low learning time. While not the most powerful CRM, it is surely the best CRM for small businesses. I highly recommend Hubspot CRM to every small business.

Pros:

The best thing about Hubspot is that it's a very popular CRM software so if you run into any problems - you can easily find someone to help you. Also, there are a lot of tutorials available online from where one can easily learn Hubspot CRM. Another thing that I like very much about Hubspot CRM is that it has a free plan which can be highly beneficial for small businesses and startups. Even the free plan is competitive with paid plans of other CRMs. Another pro about Hubspot CRM is its intuitive workflow and user interface that makes it very easy to learn and use. Hubspot CRM is the easiest CRM I have ever used - even someone with below-average knowledge can use Hubspot easily with proper training. Also, there are a lot of integrations available like WordPress integration which is very useful for small businesses.

Cons:

There aren't many advanced features available with Hubspot CRM so it may not be very useful for large businesses. Also, there is a free plan and there is quite an expensive plan - I wish there was something in the middle as not everyone can afford it. However, one can start with a free plan and move to a paid plan when needed so that's a plus.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Hubspot was recommended by many of my co-workers and also has a free plan.

Dan
IT Admin in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

Hubspot is "The Hub"

Comments: We've made amazing sense of our mountains of data collected over the years, and Hubspot's great user interface has made it so much easier.

Pros:

I'm usually very leery about unified platforms, but Hubspot manages to make everything come together in a "hub". Email, social, customer management, you name it. Make sense of your data!

Cons:

Sometimes the procedures for things we were used to in other platforms are a little more involved. For example when we used a competing package for email list management and promotions, it was a trivial matter to re-send to people who did not read the initial email after a certain time. This feature exists in Hubspot but there's extra steps

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing HubSpot CRM: Mailchimp was growing to be very expensive due to their pricing model of amount of contacts. Hubspot was open to negotiations and crafted an excellent package.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Cost, ease of use, and also step-by-step instructions and training. Support is excellent!

Ankur
Ankur
Module Lead in India
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Mid Range featured pack solution for all our CRM/Contact/Marketing/Lead management needs

Comments: Thanks to their details documentation and community support, my overall experience has always been great.

Pros:

I really like the way they have provided the ease to admins to manage the contacts and contact creation right after Hubspot form is submitted. Even the method to embed Hubspot Forms on any website is also very user friendly. Comunity support is also there to back up developers in all development needs. Their APIs and Private Apps are really amazing when it comes to authentication and works seamlessly.

Cons:

Recently, they have removed their support for API key authentication which probably has broken many hearts as most of the people were too dependent on API key validation. But thankfully creation of Private app and validation through access token is not that tough. However, their customer support is not very helpful when it comes to technical enquiries. You need to be dependent on community only which sometimes may take time to answer your question. Although Hubspot documentation is at time very helpful for technical queries.

Management Consulting, 51–200 Employees

A complete marketing and sales solution

Comments: Overall experience has been positive for us, we were in the process of setting up our sales and marketing vertical and this tool helped us sort three mail pain points 1) sales pipeline management - we were able to set up our entire sales workflow with this tool 2) Communication and Engagement - Maintain effective and continuous communication with existing customers and leads 3) Increase conversion - few automation processes did help us increase conversions rate by a bit

Pros:

1) We initially went ahead with free plan of HubSpot CRM, before going forward with paid one to ensure that the tools fits our use case. The free version includes all core functionalities and can be a good option for startups and small businesses with small budgets 2) UI and UX of the tool is very intuitive, we were able the team was able to onboard onto the tool very easily, with some training3) The tool helps us to create workflows and automate Automation lot of redundant tasks, this saves lot of time. We have also lately integrated a HubSpot based chatbot on our website for direct lead generation

Cons:

1) Not all features are available in free plan, for e.g. there is an automation limit on free plan, we tried setting up automation of workflows on free plan initially but were not able to set up automated emails. Also, there is no chat or phone support for free plan2) Marketing hub, sales hub or servicing hub, each one comes with its own cost, that is over and above its subscription cost 3) It takes users some time to get accustomed to advanced features, basic ones are easy to get used to

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM , Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to HubSpot CRM: Free plan and reasonable pricing was the main reason, it helped us test the key features of the tool before going ahead and buying the paid version

Leo
Director of Operations in Israel
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11–50 Employees

Best CRM lots of money can buy

Pros:

HubSpot excels in many things, contact/company/deal creation and association, email marketing, and automation. HubSpot really shines once the "Workflow" features are activated. Users can create automation that are, quite literally, only limited by your imagination. For example, form submissions on your website can lead to automated emails, adding a contact to a list, a sales pipeline, or hundreds of other things!

Cons:

Ease of use. Employees require a decent amount of onboarding to use HubSpot, and as your database grows, can become quite overwhelming and confusing to new employees. There are so many features and details that if a company doesn't have proper documentation, new employees can make quite a few mistakes with their data quite easily.

Chloe
Chloe
Owner in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A must have for any business!

Comments: Overall, I would definitely recommend Hubspot to any business who wants to keep records of client data and communication.

Pros:

This software has made my life so much easier! With automatic email logging and the ability to make notes, log phone calls and other important documents, Hubspot keeps all of my important information in one place. Hubspot gives me the ability to store all my clients details, their company details and all my communication with them in one bit of software. This makes it easy to look back over whenever I need to and keep up to date with what's going on. Hubspot also has the ability to have multiple team members within one account. Although this isn't something I use currently, it is something I have used in the past. This feature is wonderful for all team members to see emails both incoming and outgoing from customers / clients and is a life saver for looking back over email / telephone communications say if a team member is off ill and their client needs looking after for a few days. Hubspot has also been updated to comply with GDPR standards. A key positive for Hubspot for me is the knowledge that my collected data will stay in Hubspot for as long as I keep the software. As I am looking to take on employees within the next year, these new team members will be able to learn about exiting customers / clients through the information stored in Hubspot.

Cons:

It can be a little pricy for individuals. Personally, I went back to the free plan after not feeling I got my moneys worth out of the more advanced plan. Hubspot doesn't always integrate with other software you may have, or sometimes it will integrate but not as well as you would like. I use Spark email for OS. Although Hubspot does still track my outgoing and incoming email, if I BCC clients into an email, this isn't tracked in Hubspot. This can be a little annoying but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Javier
Digital Consultant in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

I hate HubSpot so much, it made me loose a lot of money!!!

Comments: The worst experience with a piece of software in my life. I have lost thousands because of HubSpot. Avoid with all your means!

Pros:

I really wanted to be fair and find something that I like about HubSpot but, to be honest, when I tried to do so, I was unable. It has so many bugs, its control panel UX is so bad, the learning curve is so big and it lacks so many features, that this is the first review I make in Capterra where I cannot find anything I like of a piece of software.

Cons:

Oh, god. I have TONS of things that not only I dislike, but HATE of HubSpot. 1) The learning curve is ridiculously big, as a result of a very badly designed UX and the constant bugs when using it. 2) You will need hours, days, weeks and sometimes months of hard work to design by yourself a decent landing page that will still lack many functionalities and look not so good. Their visual editor is really really bad, and coding in HubL is frustrating. And if you look for predesigned templates, most of them are terribly badly designed. It has issues every now and then, and you will lose contacts, automations will not work... a disaster. Their support chat works sometimes, sometimes not, just when they decide to make it available! Very careful with the Advanced Code Snippet box in your landing pages settings, don't place your tracking codes there: sometimes this doesn't work and you will lose retargeting opportunities. Also, email templates are terrible. Oh! And this one is the worst: if you tag your ads' URLs with UTM tags, HubSpot receives these tags but will not show you this info for all interactions, only for the interaction preceding the creation of the contact. TERRIBLE!!! I think this has to be the worst CRM ever in history!!!

Jonas
Data and Revenue Ops Consultant in Belgium
Computer Software, Self Employed

User friendly and comprehensive CRM

Pros:

HubSpot stands out as a user-friendly and budget-friendly solution that covers the customer journey effectively. With a diverse range of functionalities and integration options, it provides a comprehensive platform without the need for a substantial technical team. HubSpot is an attractive choice for businesses aiming for accessibility, affordability, and a holistic approach to managing the customer lifecycle.

Cons:

While HubSpot may not boast the same level of flexibility as certain competitors, it offers substantial functionality that can be harnessed effectively with some workarounds.

Switched From: Zoho CRM and Freshsales