15 years helping Canadian businesses

About Moz Pro

All-in-one SEO suite of tools. Helps businesses to improve rankings, increase traffic, and gain visibility in search results.

Learn more about Moz Pro

Pros:

Cons:

Keyword research feature is useless for search terms with lower search volume and overall is way behind SEMRush or Ubersuggest.

Moz Pro ratings

4.3
4.5
4.3
4.1

8.1/10

Moz Pro has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 347 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Moz Pro before?

Joshua
Joshua
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Moz Local is a MUST for any small business owner

Comments: I've had a great experience with Moz Local over the past 4 years. Nothing negative to say, their syndication and reporting and noting of duplicates is great and a must have for any small business owner.

Pros:

This is insanely easy to setup and use and the reporting and information it provides a small business owner is great. I work with clients that range from 200+ locations down to 1 location and this software is perfect for small business owners. The reporting is quick and easy and clients love being able to login and see most everything in 2-3 clicks.

Cons:

I wish they could automate some of their process for bigger clients, but the reason they are so cost friendly is because you have to do "some" manual work to clean up duplicates.

4 years ago

Hey Joshua! Thanks for the stellar review. We're happy to know you enjoy Moz Local and find it easy to set up and use!

Amy
Marketing Consultant in US

A great high-level SEO platform for Marketing Executives

Comments: For over a year I have run side-by-side comparisons of both SEM and Moz. I have run reports on my clients' websites, used the platform for new-business purposes, and have used Moz extensively for keyword research. On all these fronts Moz excelled. I would happily recommend it to any CMO/Marketing Director-level person who's trying to build a strategy. But if you're a small agency trying to figure out which subscription to keep, it might be SEM Rush only for the ability to drill down deeper. I personally didn't enjoy using SEM Rush compared to Moz. Moz gave me information with a minimal of annoyance. Moz is built for the big picture. Between SEM Rush and Moz? Moz will make you feel like a genious.

Pros:

Moz has a really lovely and user-friendly interface that makes it easy for me to pull great-looking reports for clients and for myself. Moz natively generates just the right amount of detail -- not too much or too little -- to make it a great selling tool for Account Directors or in-house Marketing Directors. And it's intuitive enough that you can step away from it for a month or two and go back in and find everything you need in just a few minutes. That said, this platform also offers up lots of detail. I've definitely done some deep-dive keyword research using Moz alongside SEM Rush and been very pleased with what Mox came back with.

Cons:

The complaint I would make against Moz is the same one I would make against SEM Rush: These are tools that seem to be made for IT/web developers more than marketing directors. It's hard to get a CMO-level report out of either of them. That said, I would definitely say Moz is more "client-friendly." Honestly, SEM Rush and Moz excel at different things, and they're both expensive. If push comes to shove, you may choose SEM Rush for its breadth of data, but then berate yourself for losing the user-friendliness of Moz.

4 years ago

Thanks for the great review Amy, that was very insightful. It's great to know that you really enjoy using the tools and find so much value in them.

David H.
North America Content Lead in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tool with basic features

Pros:

I've tried various SEO-related tools, as part of my work as a content marketing practitioner. Moz can be integrated into the browser as an extension, which makes it easy to use on-demand. I particularly use it to expose 'no-follow' links on Web pages. This is very helpful when considering the application of backlinks via publishing on sites that enable content syndication. The 'free' MozBar will meet the basic needs of most novice or experienced digital marketers, but the 'paid' version offers many more features.

Cons:

The tool sometime needs to use browser features that may be turned-off by default - such as 3rd party cookies in the Chrome browser. The user interface is okay for many users, but will require some investment in time.

Apurva
Apurva
SEO Executive in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Good in Identifying Website Issues

Comments: It is solving the issue if doing backlink analysis. It's PA DA and Spam Score checking feature in one click is still the most beneficial thing in its extension.
Also checking if the website gives do follow or no follow link is easy through extension.

Pros:

What I like best about Moz Pro is its website keyword rank tracking tool, which is more akin to the rankings that we track on Google. It identifies website issues as they occur. Its interaction with the web analytics tool is rather simple when compared to similar software on the market.

Cons:

It logs out after switching off the pc which is quite annoying something. Needs to be fixed. Otherwise features are amazing.

3 months ago

Thanks for the review, Apurva! It's awesome that you find Moz Pro's website keyword rank tracking tool so helpful. Identifying website issues quickly is definitely a plus. It's great to hear that Moz Pro has been useful for your backlink analysis and that you appreciate features like PA, DA, Spam Score checking, and link attribute identification.

Marco Genaro
Marco Genaro
Founder in Bulgaria
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Useful, but I prefer other similar tools

Comments: I had a good experience with them. Nevertheless, I wouldn't pay for it. Price is very similar to Ahrefs/SemRush and I would rather invest in those. I would consider it if the tool would be 30%-40% cheaper.

Pros:

Most of the features are useful. Nothing to say about that. Keyword tracking, reporting, competitors analysis. All is useful either for freelance SEO consultants and agencies either for On-house SEO consultants. What I like the most about Moz if the Domain Authority metric.

Cons:

I'm not a big fan of their UX, specially in the beginning, I found very hard to find the feature I was looking for. Also, the price is similar to other similar tools that have more and better features (Ahrefs or SemRush).

7 months ago

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Marco! We're glad you find most of our features useful, especially for keyword tracking, reporting, and competitor analysis. The love for Domain Authority is mutual! Noted about the UX. We're continually working on making it more user-friendly. Regarding pricing, we understand your perspective, and we're dedicated to providing value that matches and exceeds expectations. If you have more insights or suggestions, feel free to reach out by email at [email protected]. We're here to enhance your experience!

Lois
Lois
Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A matter of preference

Comments: Overall Moz helped us to keep track of various website ranks and was a useful tool in KW research and analysis.

Pros:

Moz is just an authority... it's where I started my SEO journey, as did many other marketers. I like the rank tracking feature and backlink reporting

Cons:

It's Google only, which isn't the end of the world considering, well... Google! But when their competitors have more data, I've got to count it against them.

2 years ago

Thanks for the review, Lois. Good to know that you like the rank tracking and backlink reporting features, and also found it helpful in keyword research and analysis.

Richard
CEO in US

Local SEO Experts - This Is The Tool

Comments: As many local SEO experts know, having a consistent NAP is incredibly important. MozLocal will not only highlight those inconsistencies on different major directories - they will also show businesses exactly where they should get their business listed.

Pros:

- Very easy to use - Small learning curve - Moz support is one of the best in the industry - The Moz Local tool is easily top of the line - Provides extensive data on local listings - Useful and beneficial

Cons:

- Will require the user to go to the source to make changes to any local listing.

Heath
Account Manager in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

A ranking and reporting tool from the experts in SEO themselves!

Comments: Been using Moz website for years in terms of their blogs and reading updates in the SEO world, however only recently have upgraded to Pro for the reporting.

Pros:

Customized reports and rankings in one place, easy to generate info on traffic, keyword movements and individual URL rankings for any website/project. The interface is modern and colored to help differentiate between data sets and as an SEO company, having the powerful Moz brand behind your reporting doesn't hurt! I really like the "featured snippets" integration, as most other reporting tools will only show basic rich results.

Cons:

Takes a long time to setup, but well worth it in the end as the reporting is comprehensive and seems very accurate when cross checking with SERPs and other tools.

Sharon
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
Photography, 11–50 Employees

Great SEO tool

Comments: It's has been a great tool to research my competitors and find potential keywords to target.

Pros:

It allows me to know the domain and page authority of my competitors and lets me see important stats about keywords when I'm researching for new words to target

Cons:

The backlink database needs to improve, and it offers less features than other SEO tools in the market

Katlego
Katlego
Marketing Executive in South Africa
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Moz Pro

Comments: It's not a bad solution at all. I tried it because of its popularity and I went back to the usual solution I use. Perhaps had I given it more time I would have found more value.

Pros:

I was using SEMRush and Moz Pro simultaneously and I believe the user dashboard is a little intimidating but overall it is a great product.

Cons:

The dashboard can be a bit complex for a first time user. It's not as intuitive as other competing solutions.

4 years ago

Hi Katlego! Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate it.

Adam
Adam
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Provides solid SEO monitoring but is falling behind competitors.

Comments: This system monitors keyword performance, provides several useful SEO metrics, and also makes those metrics available in a browser toolbar. I would say MOZ is easily in the top two SEO tools available.

Pros:

MOZ is a solid SEO monitoring tool that we will likely continue to use. It provides keyword tracking but takes it a step further in a couple of ways. The system provides a metric called Search Visibility. This score can either be applied to all of the keywords that are being tracked or just the keywords within a user controlled category. So this helps us understand how the site is performing but also individual product categories. We are also able to see how three competitors compare. The system is junk in, junk out. So if you don't track the right keywords, then you aren't going to get good information. But if used appropriately, you likely won't find a better system for the money.

Cons:

As of the Summer of 2017, the company has fallen behind some of its competitors. Not to the point that we are going to make a switch. But we do have smaller subscriptions to their competitors to take advantage of all systems. MOZ has really fallen behind in two ways: Domain Authority and Backlinks. Domain Authority is a metric used to gauge the overall strength of a website. It gets updated semi frequently and MOZ has made bad updates before. There are better metrics that gauge the likelihood the site will rank. But we still use DA in combination with those other metrics from other companies. I do think DA does a good job of putting websites into different buckets. But if two sites are within 5-7 points, it is really almost a wash. The second area is the number of backlinks the system detects. In most instances, we have seen other backlink checkers find twice as many backlinks. Again, we use all available backlink checkers. But MOZ isn't leading the industry here.

Jayant
Jayant
SEO Analyst in India
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

My Experience With MOZ Pro

Comments: The most important feature that an SEO professional cannot live without is DA and PA, it always helps to track results of the efforts. Backlink Analyzer is really helpful to analyze backlinks to disavow toxic backlinks that can harm website in a way or other. All-in-all we use it to measure effects our SEO efforts and the overall health of our websites.

Pros:

Moz offers multiple tools to make the lives of SEO professionals easier. It calculates metrics (DA and PA) to see the ranking strength of a website. In addition to that, it offers a SERP Rank Tracker to tool to check website rankings for specific keywords against competitors', a Keyword Tracker for getting keyword ideas, a Backlinks Analyzer to analyze backlink profiles and identify toxic links, an SEO Auditor to audit a website to figure out gapes and flaws in technical SEO, and a Link Builder to build good quality links in a few clicks.

Cons:

Their customer support is not that good. A tool to analyze competition does not provide accurate data sometimes. Some critical tools, such as Citation Builder and Reputation Manager, are missing from the Moz Local tool. Moz Local does not offer a free trial either.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for the review, Jayant! Wonderful to know that Moz Pro makes your days easier.

Hari
CEO in Nepal
Online Media, 11–50 Employees

Keep me up to date with best SEO practices and marketing trends.

Comments: I always like to stay up to date on the latest marketing trends, especially if they are going to help my business. I love that I can have Moz Pro as a resource for me at all times. I don't always have time to follow every single new trend, but with Moz Pro, I get to stay up to date and know what is working and what I should stay away from. It is also easy to use, so I don't have to worry about spending too much time trying to figure it out.

Pros:

Moz is an all-in-one SEO tool that can help me with keyword discovery, content research, link building, and more. Moz Pro has a ton of features but is also really affordable. I especially love the keyword explorer tool which helps me find new keyword opportunities that I can use to create high-converting content. I also really like the link explorer tool because it shows me where my competitor's links are coming from. It's a great way to find a link-building strategy for my site.

Cons:

Moz Pro is best for SEO and marketing. I like every feature provided by Moz Pro.

2 years ago

Thanks for the amazing review, Hari! it's a true success that you find multiple features so important to your workflow. Great to have you with us!

Moh
Digital Marketing in India
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

One and Only one tool to find Authority

Pros:

In SEO community moz helps us to check the analyze the current situation of the website by giving as the value of domain authority. In my personal use moz also provide lots of other things like keyword gap that is very useful features it allows me to find the best keyword opportunity for my website.

Cons:

Well no, i do not have to say anything that i least like, ever module has its own value.

2 years ago

Hi Moh! Thank you for the wonderful review. Great to know that you find multiple features useful for your needs.

Amy
VP Sales & Marketing in Israel
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Useful for Tracking Keyword Progression over Time

Comments: I can say it has definitely given me some real data points and structure to monitor keyword improvements on our website. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of SEO, or at least lets you see the results of your guesswork.

Pros:

The keyword position monitoring feature is what I like most about Moz. You can select different keywords and then see how they change over time, and how changes you make to your site affect your keyword position. They keyword explorer tool is also good for makes sure you don't get stuck focusing on the same old keywords and neglecting new/different/shifting terms & terminology.

Cons:

If you aren't a fully time professional SEO expert, Moz might be a big too much at first. It was a bit daunting and time consuming to get setup, but I think it also depends on how complex your website is and how diverse your product offerings are. I would say that it took me a good 2 or even 3 months to feel totally comfortable using Moz - but I did start getting value on a high level within the first week.

4 years ago

Thanks for the great review, Amy! Exciting to hear you are finding so much value out of the keyword research features. if you need any help, you can reach us at [email protected] - we're always happy to help.

Civil Engineering, 201–500 Employees

Great functionality, could improve visual aspect and UX

Comments: Overall, it's been a great tool to supplement and lead over Google Keywords. It's been useful for discovering new keywords and help our organization understand its ranking online and understand the keyword ranking system. It does take a bit of learning and testing to see all of Moz Pro's capabilities, but once you work on it, you can expand and use it to your advantage.

Pros:

Moz Pro has some great features like keywords and their rankings that help you choose the best case scenario for your website's SEO. It's also quite inexpensive. It also does some great auditing and reporting by reporting anything that can be improved within the website. I also enjoy the backlinks tool in Moz.

Cons:

Again, the interface could use some work. For visual learners, it is not the best for laying out all the information. Navigation could be improved in this sense as well. You definitely need to work a bit to learn all of its capabilities.

3 years ago

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to know you enjoy so many of the features in Moz Pro. We appreciate the feedback on the interface and navigation and have shared that with our team.

Katie
Digtial Content Developer in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Moz Pro Doesn't Stand Up Compared to the Competition.

Comments: MozPro is definitely a good tool to have in your arsenal, but I'd recommend using this one only as a supplement to the more robust tools out there.

Pros:

Keyword ranking and search visibility are key factors, and MozPro's focus on these does it justice. The Chrome extension is also nice - so when I'm perusing competitor sites, I can do quick (virtually instantaneous) research on their sites compared to ours. The weekly crawls and updates are also good insights to see how our SEO is performing.

Cons:

It's nice that Moz Pro focuses completely on SEO, but one of its disadvantages is that it doesn't have the full tool suite that its competitors have (like social media analysis and PPC analysis included). In today's world, focusing purely on SEO doesn't cut it anymore - not when everyone else is doing this PLUS other things! The way data is displayed in MozPro is very confusing at the outset - so while the concepts themselves are easy to understand, the data visualization in Moz isn't simple. There's a good learning curve associated with it. Why MozPro displays the same data sets in different ways, I'll never understand! Finally, it is expensive!

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Moz can be good if it is accurate.

Comments: The experience has been good initially but as we increased our activity we had to move away from Moz

Pros:

Moz is a good tool for organization that are starting to go digital because it is easy to use/navigate. Priced pretty low and with free version the organizations can also extract some value.

Cons:

As the organization becomes profecient in digital marketing, Moz kind of becomes obsolete with inaccurate data and lack of powerful tools.

4 years ago

Hey there! Thank you for your review and feedback! Great to hear you find Moz Pro easy to use and navigate. We will pass your thoughts about data and tools to our team for consideration.

Sam
Sr. Marketing Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

A Must for Digital Marketers

Comments: This is an extremely important tool to use if you're in the digital marketing industry.

Pros:

The software offers a deep level of data and information that anyone in digital marketing would appreciate.

Cons:

In order to gain access to the full set of features, you do have to pay. Not to mention, it does take some time to learn how to use it efficiently.

4 years ago

Hi Sam, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy the deep level of data and information from Moz and find it a must for digital marketers. If you ever need any help, you can send us a message at [email protected].

Sundeep
Sundeep
WaveMaker Consultant in India
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Moz is good but it can be better.

Comments: As a Digital Marketing manager, I have to explore various tools and pick the best one based on the features provided and also taking into consideration the price. Moz is still a very good tool with good UI/UX however there are a lot of alternatives to this.

Pros:

The biggest asset for Moz is easily its community,you add a question there and you will receive a variety of choices in no time. Having said that, Moz is a good tool for SEO and the it the way it represents data is cool and easily readable.

Cons:

If you have been in SEO for sometime there is nothing in particular to dislike about MOZ because all most all the other tools match up to it. However subscription is something that needs to be there for the tools to function at its full potential.

4 years ago

Hi Sundeep, thanks for the review. Great to hear you like the Moz Community and find the data in Moz Pro cool and easy to read.

Mackenzie
Digital Marketing Specialist in Canada

Great, robust SEO tool that can be used by anyone.

Pros:

The variety and usefulness of tools, including position monitoring tool, keyword research tool, site crawler tool, etc., makes Moz Pro appealing to any SEO. The page optimization suggestions are often quite useful and there are extra tools like the browser toolbar extension that are a great bonus. Interface is fairly easy to navigate.

Cons:

Could be a little overwhelming for people new to SEO/small business employees because of the number of tools and details and the interface is sometimes tricky.

Phil
Managing Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Best SEO and analytics tool for marketers

Comments: By leveraging Moz Pro, we have increased and scaled our organic search listings which is helping us drive more and more qualified leads. We couldn't be happier with our investment in Moz!

Pros:

Moz has already been a leader in SEO technology, and our advertising agency is now licensing the software to improve our keyword research and organic listings. By utilizing Moz, we are now ranking near the top for our most important keyword terms.

Cons:

Like any new software platform, it takes time to become efficient and effective using the tools. We have no complaints.

3 years ago

Thanks for leaving this great review, Phil! We appreciate it & hope you continue to see some great success using Moz Pro.

Mélissa
Digital Marketing Executive in France
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Nice tool but incomplete

Comments: Nice tool, interesting insights but imcomplete information.

Pros:

Moz gives your some very insightful information, you can get reports and really track what's happening with your website's SEO.

Cons:

However, I Always have to complete the information with some other software. I feel like some competitor's software are more complete.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review Melissa! Good to know you're getting insightful information through reports and tracking by using Moz. I've shared your feedback with our team.

Internet, 201–500 Employees

User friendly search tool

Comments: Easy reporting and search data that's easy to share with non SEOs

Pros:

- Easy to navigate UI, much less intimidating than SEMrush - Customizable reports - The "are questions" filter in the keyword explorer is amazing for finding featured rich snippet opportunities - Easy way to track my website's presence in search - Always coming out with new features and functionalities. Overall, I love this product and, when I started my now job, insisted that we get a subscription.

Cons:

My SEO friends and I go back and forth on this, but we have a hunch that Moz's data -- for keyword volume at least -- is way more conservative (and possibly less accurate than) SEMrush. To be honest, I usually use SEMrush for search volume estimates, but Moz for comparative analysis / tracking our position in search.

Insurance Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Against newer entrants, Moz still holds up.

Pros:

Moz is still king for Keyword research. Their link analysis, while not as slick as aHrefs, does a good job as well.

Cons:

Moz could do a lot better for competitive analysis - I wish they'd take back some market share from SEMRush.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review! Good to know that you are enjoying the keyword research and link analysis features. We've shared your feedback about competitive analysis with the team.