Lattice Reviews

4.5 (99) Write a Review!

About Lattice

Lattice makes people management software that allows forward-thinking HR admins to build and engage high-performing teams.

Learn more about Lattice

Pros:

We will soon be rolling out performance management (currently handled by BambooHR) and career growth and I’m looking forward to taking advantage of those features.

Cons:

It makes actionable steps from feedback difficult to find.

Lattice ratings

4.5
4.6
4.4
4.4

8.3/10

Lattice has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 99 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Lattice before?

Jessica
Jessica
Manager Talent-Culture Ops in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

Easy performance management

Pros:

On the administrative side, the review cycle is easy to create. The steps are pretty straightforward and changes can easily be done. The tool is quite customizable. Reminders can be easily sent, re-opening, and closing the cycle as well. Our employees also find it really easy to use on the user side.

Cons:

In different languages, we would need to be able to switch the language in french for the tool but this is not yet available

Liam
Liam
People Operations Manager in US

Add Structure and Automation to your Performance Management

Comments: The overall experience has been awesome and the software has taken a small internal desire to implement better goals tracking and a more automated approach to 1:1 and reviews in general and it's accomplished that and more almost by osmosis. Just having the software put us in a better position to implement a process for each. The software itself is extremely approachable and simple but allows for a ton of flexibility in implementation and use allowing it to serve as much more than a simple, once yearly applicated software driven proecss around performance reviews int he traditional sense.

Pros:

The simplicity of use and flexibility in terms of custom use and application of different modules within the software. We approached this software with a process plan and goal structure in mind and Lattice was very resilient to it's implementation digitally as well as provided further insight into what better avenues there are and why. The Customer Sucess team is great with approaching additional product development endeavors through their support desk. Multiple times have been asked and seen functionality sought implemented in successive software updates

Cons:

Need to create better functionality around dual management (having co-leads/co-managers of teams) and their ability to review and provide feedback. It's too common to not be supported. Implementation and onboarding of the system was definitely one of the better experiences we've had although there could be more common touchpoints after the first review process to ensure for optimization and process improvement. Things have been a bit more "set it and forget it" after being transitioned off our Onboarding Success Manager although the Customer Success team accessible from the Intercom system has been more than helpful in the absence.

Alternatives Considered: Zenefits, ADP Workforce Now, SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite, Namely, BambooHR, Paylocity and 15Five

Switched From: Zenefits, ADP Workforce Now, SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite, Namely, BambooHR, Paylocity and 15Five

Reasons for Switching to Lattice: Better application to what we were looking for: a feedback and goals tracking platform designed for biweekly engagement and performance tracking over daily tracking of mood, behavior, and outlook of the office culture which I felt was more the focus of our secondary choice, 15Five.

Emily
HRBP in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees

Lattice - a robust performance management tool, best in it's class!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I highly recommend lattice for an org of any size. For our org (under 200) it's taking away a lot of the manual work that we would have had to do without it. The implementation is relatively hands off, so it hasn't been too much of a strain on our small HR team.

Pros:

The best thing we've experienced so far is the customer support. Best i've had had with an HR platform! Our dedicated support rep is available (with a back up) for as many demos or trainings as we need for our HR staff, leadership, or managers. They also have a chat feature for quick questions! As for the tool itself - really great performance management system. We also use their engagement survey function and Grow. Grow allows us to create competencies and career tracks across any teams, as well as pair our career development with continuous feedback conversations. This has added great value to our org, since this was cited as a missing feature of our previous performance reviews. We're super happy with how the feature has added value to our org and increased our employee engagement and satisfaction!

Cons:

We preferred the engagement survey function in culture amp, but only slightly. Lattice does the trick, but is some functionality from culture amp that we miss (assessing how important certain factors are, better ability to sort departments within the system and not just as an integration/data flow from HRIS, customization, making changes after the survey out - to name a few.) The questions are very applicable though.

Alternatives Considered: Culture Amp

Switched From: Culture Amp

SDR in Madagascar

Great tool for HR management

Comments: Amazing so far.

Pros:

It’s very easy to stay human focused. Teams can fill in their OKRs and update their goals as they go, same for individuals. Tracking achievement as well is easy. Another great feature is being able to do 360 peer reviews (yourself, your manager and your teammates). I also love the fact that you can praise your colleagues privately or publicly.

Cons:

It might seem hard to find your way around if it’s your first time using Lattice. Linking goals of individuals to team goals for instance can be tricky. But as any software, after some time using it, it becomes easier.

ios developer in Madagascar

Very complete HR tool

Pros:

We have used a lot of HR software before using Lattice. This one is the best so far. We have been able to track down our personal and team OKR, and update them as we go : it helps us stay in track. We also use it to get a better human management: getting to know each other to really admin things. They also have a very good customer service AND their webinars are amazing.

Cons:

It can be hard to use at first but once you put your hand on it, it's very easy to get used to it.

Matthew
Technical Lead in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good HR software

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall I have enjoyed Lattice since our company has switched over. I don't have any real complaints about it and think it does a good job for its purpose

Pros:

I like how easy it is to set and track goals. Performance reviews were also much easier with Lattice than with other software I have used in the past. UI is nice and easy to navigate

Cons:

There could be some more features such as time tracking and compensation details

José Luis
José Luis
Delivery Lead Sr. in Mexico

It's a nice tool to measure how people feel

Comments: This tool works awesome with Slack. It's a game changes for many companies that want to work on retention and keeping employees happy

Pros:

Easy to plan 1:1 meetings with your managers Weekly questionnaire which is shared via Slack to assess how the team feels about the company You can track career objectives Easy to provide feedback to teammates

Cons:

I don't think there is something I dislike about lattice, it's not a really intrusive tool but if you have an action item you need to attend, Lattice will make sure of reminding you.

Mia
Marketing Coordinator in US
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees

Lattice is an easy and effective way to communicate feedback

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great!

Pros:

I like the easy to use UX design and ability to have reviews come through anonymously from coworkers and peers in order to improve in my job

Cons:

I wish that there were ways to integrate with performance reviews more than just once a year

SEO Manager in US
Chemicals, 10,000+ Employees

A good platform for employee management with goals, reviews, etc

Pros:

Lattice centralizes the core functions around employee administration, including reviews, goal-setting, etc. It is easy to use and does not require much configuration or ramp-up time.

Cons:

The number of templates that are provided for reviews and job paths is extremely limited. The platform also seems to lag at times and sometimes times out while I am using it.

Katherine
UX DESIGNER in Costa Rica

Lattice is great

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It is simple to use and makes it fun to share feedback with the team.

Cons:

That I did not discovered ir earlier, it has been great so far!

HR Lead in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Employee Engagement in One Convenient Portal

Comments: Lattice has been a great tool for our company to eliminate the use of many spreadsheets saved in a million different places. It allows managers and employees to manage the entire employee experience in one place. We have enjoyed implementing this for our company.

Pros:

I love that all parts of employee engagment are tied up in one fairly easy to use platform. From engagement surveys, to 360 feedback, performance management, one on ones, employee recognition, goals/OKRs, and employee growth plans. Lattice is able to fit all of these into one platform which makes employees, managers, and executives jobs simpler to manage!

Cons:

The interface is not always intuitive to use. Employees are constantly asking how to get places or how to do certain things. As an administrator I am often left unsure how to tell employees how to do things as they show up differently on the admin dashboard from the employee dashboard. The analytics on pulse surveys is not great either. It makes actionable steps from feedback difficult to find.

Alternatives Considered: 15Five

Reasons for Choosing Lattice: Combining multiple platforms into one.

Switched From: TINYpulse and Small Improvements

Reasons for Switching to Lattice: Lattice seemed to have more functionality and ran performance reviews more similarly to how our company wanted them to be run. The calibration feature in performance reviews was a huge selling point.

Laura
Video Editor in US
Media Production, 51-200 Employees

Great Tool for Company Performance Reviews

Comments: It seems there are several useful tools available to both supervisors and direct reports on Lattice, but it's unclear, at least at first glance, exactly what all these tools are, or how to best use them. Because of this, my company mainly only uses Lattice for performance review purposes. Perhaps more time spent watching tutorial videos could help us to better understand the other uses for Lattice, but I can't say the product as is fosters an immediate understanding of the full capability of the software.

Pros:

Lattice is an excellent tool when it comes to issuing and completing performance reviews within a given company. Within my company specifically, department heads and supervisors are able to easily issue a set of questions to their direct reports with ease, choosing either a written or number-based response option for each question. Past performance reviews are saved within the system and available to both the supervisor and the direct report, in order to reflect back on past performance reviews and track growth. And there is a "Weekly Update" feature, which prompts you to reflect on your week. This is especially useful when filling out performance reviews, as the weekly updates you've written throughout the past months or year give you a more detailed summary of your performance over a large span of time.

Cons:

The user interface is a bit confusing, in that it's not immediately clear what each tab on the Web sidebar does, or what information it contains. When you navigate to the "People" tab, you're able to view individual people, teams, and the full company, as well as milestones, company updates, and OKRs. But there is also another separate tab for OKRs available in the sidebar. The organization of the interface seems that it could certainly be a bit more streamlined, and clear, and perhaps explanations of what each tab is for and how to use it could enable users to better utilize its tools.

Rachel
Associate Director, Quality & Regulatory in US
Biotechnology, 51-200 Employees

One-stop-shop for performance management

Comments: I like that this software is essentially a one-stop-shop for company-wide as well as individual performance management. It consolidates information and eliminates the need for multiple systems or individual files/spreadsheets. For goal setting, I really like how Lattice allows for transparency and collaboration.

Pros:

My company uses Lattice extensively for company-wide OKR planning/tracking as well as individual employee goal setting. Lots of customizable features (e.g. can make goals visible to entire company, private to certain teams, or private to individuals). Great tool for capturing performance reviews and peer/360 feedback. Loved the level of automation and reminder emails. The software can also hep with preparing for and capturing conversations during 1x1 meetings with direct reports. Lastly, I thought the "pulse surveys" were a cool feature.

Cons:

Sometimes the user interface can be a bit clunky; requires multiple clicks to get to where you want; next steps/where to click next are not always intuitive.

Kyle
Art Director in US

Makes 1:1s with my team so much better!

Comments: As a team manager, Lattice has been a dream. My direct reports already love it and are more engaged in our 1:1s because they have just as much ability to control the agenda. 1:1s have become more of a collaborative 2-way conversation, as they're meant to be. The creator's of Lattice have put a lot of thought into these critical types of interactions and it shows!

Pros:

I love everything about the 1:1s feature within Lattice. It is so easy to set up custom recurring agendas, and copy over agenda items from my team's weekly updates. It is very intuitive and easy to learn. I also love the "recommended for you" items in 1:1s. It helps me to guide the conversation, if need be. It's so easy to get an accurate pulse on how my team is doing with the "Updates" feature. And it works great going the other way too — I can easily add agenda items to the next 1:1 I have with my director.

Cons:

So far I have been very impressed. Everything is so user-friendly and intuitive that it is difficult to find something I don't like about this software.

Robin
Director, Human Resources in Canada

A fantastic performance management tool

Comments: We love Lattice. They continue to make great improvements and the tools keeps getting better and better! The performance review process is great and very customizable. The engagement survey's provide us with really great feedback and insights. We are also really looking forward to the implementing of Lattice Grow to help provide career pathing for our employees.

Pros:

Lattice makes managing various aspects of the performance management process. Engagement survey's are easy to create and they provide us with really great insights into the pulse of our organization.

Cons:

I am looking forward to product improvements around managing OKRs specifically reporting on them. There isn't an easy way to provide an overview of the OKRs as a whole when reviewing in a meeting.

Louise
Senior Operations Executive in Spain
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees

Great performance development tool

Comments: My overall experience using Lattice has been a very positive one, mainly for the use of performance development. This is a great tool for this.

Pros:

This is a really good tool to set and track the team's and company OKRs. It's a really good way to give Feedback. We can manage 1:1s and run performance Development Review cycles. It's really easy to use, clear, and great layout.

Cons:

I haven't had any negative experiences using the software, so far it seems very straightforward and easy to use.

Brandon
Head of Content Marketing in US

Good Employee Review System

Pros:

The ability to keep track of personal and team goals is nice and the feedback feature is convenient too. It helps teams stay on track and provide updates on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

Cons:

When it comes time to review a coworker, the only email notifications sent out are 1 week in advance of the closing date (unless there is a setting that management can change in the backend to make the emails more frequent?). This isn't very helpful because unless you can review the colleague that moment or that day, you often forget to go back and review them before the review period closes. It would also be great if feedback could be edited after submission because I've wanted to change the permission level and add more comments after the fact but once it's submitted, it is final. In these cases, I've had to delete the feedback and submit a new one with the correct permissions and total comments I initially wanted.

Allie
Senior Sales Executive in North Macedonia
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

Great for the workplace!

Comments: Being able to easily track my goal, as well as the progress of my goal, has made it very easy to reach it and stay organized

Pros:

Lattice allows me to easily set my goals and track my progress! It also makes it easy to set up time with my manager, and give and receive feedback! It's a great program for the workplace!

Cons:

Overall, I have not noticed any issues with the software. It is pretty straight forward.

Andrei
Andrei
Student in Brazil
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Lattice is the management software that brings something new other than something more.

Comments: Lattice is the management software that really brings something different to the table. It does not "fight" with it's competitors but rather complements them. The human focused aspect of it makes Lattice a great management tool to use along with the others ones and it works really well.

Pros:

The human focused aspect of the software is excellent. It has many tools and they work really well, as a result you can view the different HR aspects of the work proccesses.

Cons:

Because it is a people management platform it can sound not as resourceful as it's competitors.

Steve
Steve
VP of Product in US
Consumer Electronics, 201-500 Employees

Super helpful for 1:1 meetings and goals

Comments: We use Lattice for the daily interactions between team members, and especially between managers and their team members. It's great for tracking monthly / yearly goals as well, and is a pretty full featured OKR system if you use that style of goal management.

Pros:

We use Lattice for all our teams to track goals and many teams, like mine, use it for feedback, one on one meetings, and other performance management stuff.

Cons:

Lattice doesn't represent a complete enough HR solution that we can use it standalone. We have to use another program for payroll and I wish that we could do everything in Lattice. It does a great job of discussions and dialog with employees, but it's not a complete solution.

Director of Products in Colombia
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Helpful software to help organize company 1-on-1 and performance reviews.

Comments: Even though there is some feature still lacking to this software, the team is very committed and are adding new features and upgrades every month. They listen to support request and are constantly asking customers about their experience using the product. This is great for a company because the software evolves with you. We now organize goals, reviews, and meetings using this tool. Many different teams use it, and most of our employees do like doing these activities.

Pros:

I work at a company of roughly 80 people. We have been trying different tools for making 1-on-1 and performance reviews for the last 10 months. Lattice stood out in features related to making performance reviews. They are called review cycles. You can configure many different aspects about how will you run them. Stuff like duration, who will make reviews, are employees able to review peers and things like that.

Cons:

In terms of handling 1-on-1 the system could be better. It seems they are making updates to the product and adding new feature constantly but something as important as a calendar integration was just added a couple of months ago.

Kevin
Business Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Great software for managing employee reviews

Comments: Generally speaking, Lattice is a good tool to track goals. and provide reviews for employees.

Pros:

- The user interface and experience are fairly good. It's easy for users to understand the flow required to take a specific action. - Review functionality enables individuals to requests and submit reviews from managers or peers - Goal tracking is helpful in that it acts as a historical archive for when an annual review takes place.

Cons:

When reviewing other people, there is no mechanism for the reviewer to choose the fields / questions to comment on. In some cases, this lack of flexibility risks having the reviewer decline the review entirely.

Heather
Executive Assistant in US
Music, 201-500 Employees

The Absolute Best Performance Management Software Period

Comments: It's been absolutely amazing! Prior to Lattice, we were using fillable PDF's! No one ever read those and they were a means to an end until we found something like Lattice. One other wonderful feature is being able to upload those PDF's as historical reviews that both employees and managers can view. Additionally, if someone switches to a new manager, their previous performance reviews follow them so that the new manager can view as well. :)

Pros:

I love literally everything about Lattice. It's intuitive, it's easy to navigate, the platform is wonderful, the customer support is amazing, the Help Chat with real live people is incredibly useful... It's obvious to me that someone with vast HR experience was involved in the design of this platform. The 1:1 feature is incredible as well! I love how Action Items and Agenda Items roll over to the next 1:1. And the Slack/Lattice integration for receiving and giving feedback is fantastic! I love having a Slack channel to post about things employees have done that deserves recognition and having it automatically go into the Feedback section of Lattice for that employee! Also, giving feedback in Lattice directly feeds into our Slack channel!

Cons:

Honestly, nothing. At least not so far. We just started utilizing it and I'll update my review if I come across any cons, but as for now, it's fantastic! 10/10!

Director of HR and Recruitment in US

Has helped our managers streamline employee reviews

Pros:

We were looking for a software to help facilitate 1:1 meetings, goal setting, and track employee performance that didn't feel corporate or like reviews just for the sake of reviews. Lattice fit the bill and we have almost all of our 150-person company utilizing the tool now. Different teams are able to use it differently in the way that works best for their team structure.

Cons:

Throwing someone into the system without training and having them set themselves up (referring to managers) has been challenging for them - but having the option to utilize the account manager has been helpful.

William
Lead Analyst in US

Great Performance Review Software

Pros:

Customer Support is amazing. They quickly take suggestions and roll them out into production. Capabilities are always expanding. They have recently rolled out a bunch of new reporting for managers which is super helpful. User interface is super easy. Lots of flexibility, clearly designed with the user in mind

Cons:

Current reporting is limited, but improving. I am excited to see what they have in the next year